Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R10T17.9: Darrius quickly looks over the remnants of the creature's gear as he moves around to the other side, aiming to scoop up any bags or pouches that look to contain anything and then grab at bulkier items such as weapons and then armor.

    In addition to a very nice kukri, the critter wore a gold nose ring with a chain that went to an earring. The clothes (such as they were) instantly get eaten by the acid, though the soft-soled moccasins still remain. A pouch melts away, but a red stone remains. Knowing that the gem and the jewelry will likely last longer than leather shoes that for some reason didn't get eaten away right away, Darrius scoops up the masterwork kukri and the moccasins.

    R10T17: Ka'Xet, you are getting pounded lying on the deck flailing your mindblade around. Your voice is gone with your punctured windpipe. What do you do?

    Celiss, if you think of anything clever ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-09-17 at 07:55 PM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Ka'Xet gets to his feet, taking a swing at the creature who's ended his witty (halfway) repartee.

    ATK
    (1d20+7)[23]

    DAM
    (1d6+3)[6]
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  3. - Top - End - #543
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R10T17: Ka'Xet gets to his feet, but not before the cook crits him in the head for 14 damage. Ka'Xet takes a swing at the creature who's ended his witty (halfway) repartee, and has him bleeding badly from neck and head, stabbing the cursed man in the chest for 6 damage.

    R10T12: "Doctor!" calls Korian with some alarm. "Ka'Xet's in big trouble. Another shot like that, and he's going down."

    Now motivated to help his fellow, Korian stabs the pirate in the stomach with as much force as he can muster (max), and pulls out and ducks as he erupts into a puddle of acid atop the other puddle. He steps forward right into the acid puddle, taking 5 acid damage, but now flanks the cook with Ka'Xet.

    R10T11: Looking to help those he can for now until a hole can be punched to get to Ka'Xet, Lazer steps forward with Korian. He doesn't even cast a spell, but simply concentrates and heals him of all wounds.

    R10T3: Celiss ... given your belief in your abilities as stated ... you delay unless you jump in with an action. From your vantage, you no longer see the cook or Ka'Xet around the corner.

    End Round 10, Begin Round 11 ...

    R11T18: As if it couldn't get any worse. [The natural rolls were 19-19-20. Super-crit superbly confirmed.] The pirate hacks at Ka'Xet's head, cutting him deep in the left temple and badly injuring his left eye (blind in that eye for now). Ka'Xet goes down. Instead of finishing him off, the cook turns around and bites at Korian but is soundly deflected.

    "Celiss, Darrius!" calls Lazer. "Ka'Xet's down, and it looks dire for him."

    R11T17.9 Darrius, what do you do?

    Celiss, do you do anything?

    First of the two of you to respond gets to act first ...
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius looks up from the partially melting gear at the sound of Korian's voice and curses to himself as he tries to rush in and save the day... or at the very least present another target for the insane pirates.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Drop the acquired gear, out of the acid.
    Swift: 2 out of Pauldrons and back into Gauntlets (Sorry I'm moving the E around so much >.<)
    Move: Try and get into an open space to attack the Cook.
    Standard: If I can, attack the cook. Otherwise this becomes another move/attempt to get into position.

    Acrobatics if needed
    (1d20+9)[17]
    (1d20+9)[19]
    (1d20+9)[24]

    MTA: (1d20+4)[10]
    Elec: (3d6)[9]

    And if I get an unlikely crit...
    MTA: (1d20+4)[23]
    Elec: (3d6)[14]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  5. - Top - End - #545
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R11T17.9 Darrius looks up from the partially melting gear at the sound of Korian's voice and curses to himself as he tries to rush in and save the day... or at the very least present another target for the insane pirates. He tries to tumble past the cook. While the cook doesn't get an AOO (used it), Darrius fails to get past him. It comes down to him almost falling in Lazer's square when the dwarf allows his ally to squeeze with him in the same square.

    R11T12: Korian does something he's never done before. He yowls ... and actually induces his own rage. His body contorts as musculature tightens, then expands and becomes incredibly more defined, even under his fur. For all of that, his attacks are actually very wild, and he misses with all of them. He takes 6 acid damage from standing in the puddle.

    R11T11: In an unprecedented power, Lazer's sense of helplessness at seeing his dying friend on the other side of this enduring enemy triggers a strange quality within him .... his entire form, and all that he wears, becomes covered in feathers as he shrinks down and ends up taking the form of a sparrow!!! His small form cannot be stopped, and he zips through to the far side to land by Ka'Xet's body.

    End Round 11, Begin Round 12 ...

    R12T18: The cook pays no mind to the tiny bird (which has no capacity to flank, having no reach). He attacks Korian, but even with the wolverine-man's rage, the cook still can't touch him.

    R12T17.9: Darrius, you are no longer 'squeezing,' and you are directly behind Korian. Trying to tumble past is brutal, and if Lazer has some means of reviving Ka'Xet ... you might create more troubles if you try to pop into the same square as the fallen ignored by the enemy. What do you do?

    Celiss, do you do anything, even if it's just moving up behind Darrius to get a feel for what's going around the corner?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss moves as close to the fight as she can, lowering her eyebrows as she turns the corner. Where's Lazer? She asks, having missed the dwarf's sudden transformation. Without any way of knowing what happened to him, and seeing Ka'Xet severely injured, the mage's annoyance begins to get stronger - if she had saved some of her spells earlier, she might be able to do something now. Instead, without any sort of ranged weapon, she's useless.

    Her anger at the situation building, Celiss instinctively grasps at her inner reserves of magical energy, releasing it in a dark wave of power.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move around the corner.
    Standard: Activate Darkness SLA.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-09-19 at 03:58 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  7. - Top - End - #547
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R12T17.95: Celiss moves as close to the fight as she can, lowering her eyebrows as she turns the corner.

    "Where's Lazer?" she asks, having missed the dwarf's sudden transformation. Without any way of knowing what happened to him, and seeing Ka'Xet severely injured, the mage's annoyance begins to get stronger - if she had saved some of her spells earlier, she might be able to do something now. Instead, without any sort of ranged weapon, she's useless.

    Her anger at the situation building, Celiss instinctively grasps at her inner reserves of magical energy, releasing it in a dark wave of power, seemingly centered from her, enveloping everyone in the hallway in shadows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Without having defined it, the assumption from now is that it is centered on your ring.

    R12T17.9: Darrius?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-09-19 at 11:20 AM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius curses himself under his breath for trying to rush in and play hero, as that had worked oh so well before. He scarpes the claws on his right hand against one another as he stands frustrated, "Lazer, if an opening is cleared, beyond this pirate, let me know!" He chooses to wait in the heavy darkness that has fallen, trying to blend into it even deeper.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I was debating between asking Korian for a shot at the big lug, but if he's raging it probably won't come about. So yeah, Stealth Check for me at the moment.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  9. - Top - End - #549
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R12T17.9: Darrius curses himself under his breath for trying to rush in and play hero, as that had worked oh so well before. He scrapes the claws on his right hand against one another as he stands frustrated. "Lazer, if an opening is cleared, beyond this pirate, let me know!"

    He chooses to wait in the heavy darkness that has fallen, trying to blend into it even deeper.

    R12T12: Korian stabs the cook in the chest (woulda' been a crit), but not very deeply, for 9 damage. His left claw carves into the cook's right shoulder but does no damage. His bite misses.

    R12T11: A shape appears, or stands, or grows ... anyway you look at it, there is movement in the shadows in the Ka'Xet/Lazer area.

    End Round 12, Begin Round 13 ...

    R13T18: The cook fails to hit Korian.

    R13T17.95: Celiss... what do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lazer is back into his form, hovering over Ka'Xet.

    Darrius, you're on deck ...
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss blinks, surprised. Apparently, everything had gone dark...but she could still see. Considering the possibilities and itching to join the battle, she utters an arcane incantation and moves her fingers in complex patterns, releasing a burst of magical energy not too unlike what she just did-this time, however, the energy solidifies, forming a shield-like magical barrier.

    Darrius, switch with me. Celiss says, confident that, with her current magical protection, she can quickly finish off the cook-creature. Although she tries to ignore it, she also feels a powerful hate building in her...It almost feels like just killing this thing wouldn't be enough, that she should rip it shreds for what it did to her friends.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Shield on myself.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-09-20 at 11:26 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  11. - Top - End - #551
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Retcon ... Korian also suffers 6 acid damage from the former pirates' remains.

    R13T17.95: Celiss blinks, surprised. Apparently, everything had gone dark...but she could still see. Considering the possibilities and itching to join the battle, she utters an arcane incantation and moves her fingers in complex patterns, releasing a burst of magical energy not too unlike what she just did-this time, however, the energy solidifies, forming a shield-like magical barrier.

    "Darrius, switch with me," Celiss says, confident that, with her current magical protection, she can quickly finish off the cook-creature. Although she tries to ignore it, she also feels a powerful hate building in her...It almost feels like just killing this thing wouldn't be enough, that she should rip it shreds for what it did to her friends.

    R13T17.9: Darrius, what do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius looks back over his shoulder, not that his eyes could pierce magical darkness any better than a normal human despite his heritage ((unless I'm wrong XD)), and he nods and pushes himself against the wall as he heads back towards the puddle of the small creature.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  13. - Top - End - #553
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R13T17.9: Darrius looks back over his shoulder, not that his eyes could pierce magical darkness any better than a normal human despite his heritage, and he nods and pushes himself against the wall as he heads back towards the puddle of the small creature.

    R13T12: Korian stabs his opponent in the left femoral artery for 10 damage. The cook snaps at him futilely and bursts into acid. Korian easily dodges. Ka'Xet, lying still on the ground, has no capacity to do that. Lazer throws himself prone over Ka'Xet, taking a total of 8 acid damage from the splash - the damage Ka'Xet would've received, and the damage he himself received by sacricing a chance at a saving throw.

    The battle is ended ....
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss feels a surge of rage within her, and a sudden urge to tear something apart rises quickly, causing her hands to twitch for a moment before the mage regains control. With the battle ended, she tests the air with her senses, feeling the magical energy cloaking the hallway, and tries to replicate the magical command that she used earlier to activate the pool of magic that caused with darkness.

    It takes her a few tries, but after a short time Celiss is able to, partially due to once-again rising anger at the difficulty of the task, force the darkness to dissipate, lighting up the hallway once again.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dismissing my Darkness.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  15. - Top - End - #555
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Korian had taken another 5 acid damage before stepping out of the puddle onto Lazer's side. His enemy defeated, his rage subsides. His wounds look a little worse than they did seconds ago.

    The darkness is dismissed. Lazer immediately goes about working with Ka'Xet. Darrius goes to the rearward acid puddle.

    Darrius, everything else in the puddle was corroded, or enough so as to make it useless, except for a gold ring with a red stone.

    After a minute, the acids neutralize and are no longer potent. Maybe minor, non-mechanical things such as bleaching or superficial burns, but nothing 'damaging.'

    "Wow," says the doctor absent-mindedly over the hoots and hollers of other crazy voices in the caves while he works on Ka'Xet. "I've never seen anyone take so much damage and survive. More than that ... his body stabilized him. Come, everyone, let's not tarry. I'll heal everyone as quickly as I can, and we're off again. Line up."

    Expecting more trouble and wanting to save his own spells, he takes out the new healing wand. With the first use, Ka'Xet is conscious...

    Another five uses, and Ka'Xet only has some scratches ... but his voice is still gone and his left eye is still injured. The spells healed the immediate wounding, but not the long-term scarring and severe organ damage.

    Lazer uses one charge on Korian ... who still has some light wounding.

    Attention is briefly paid to what Darrius fished out of the puddle. It is a gold nose ring and silver chain linked to a silver hoop earring. Celiss and Lazer haven't really seen it's like before, and quickly assess it at 80 gp. The gold ring with the ruby is worth 120 gp. Lazer puts it into party treasury.

    Who is interested in the masterwork kukri?
    * Celiss: Will not supplant her mwk short sword because its bond with her magic. Superior critical to her unarmed strikes or claws, but she needs a hand open, other than her short sword, for the actual casting of a spell.
    * Darrius: Doesn't know how to use it. The inward curve is an enigma to him.
    * Ka'Xet: Not only can use it, but has two masterwork kukri already. Then again, it isn't his primary weapon and he does have two already.
    * Korian: He is very interested in the kukri. It's one of his 'focus' weapons for his martial arts, it does the same damage as his claws but is more accurate because of its make, and can make some nasty, grievous wounds. He doesn't excel in two-weapon combat, but it would make a fine backup weapon. He's willing to give up his masterwork silver dagger to Darrius so the skulk can have a better weapon himself.
    * Lazer: Surprisingly, the rabbi-doctor says he knows how to use a kukri, but it doesn't interest him. He's not going to swish about a kukri if he has Gili-Nachum, and if he doesn't have his warhammer ... he's got bigger problems to worry about.

    Korian, seeing his weapons array and looking at the rabbi, says, "Desperate or not, it is better than your dagger for close in ... cuts instead of crushes ... has better balance, and is deadlier if you hit the right spot. I think you should have it."

    Celiss, Darrius, Ka'Xet ... input?

    Also, any other post-battle comments?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-09-21 at 12:56 PM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #556
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Click-click, pop, whistle, burp, click, raspberry

    Ka'Xet points at the kukri, gives a thumbs-up, and gestures in a passing motion to Korian.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Great, a new communication difficulty.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss raises her eyebrows at Ka'Xet, but says nothing. Although she knows he brought the wounds upon himself by tumbling away from the group, she still feels angry with herself about being unable to have helped earlier.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius nods, "Aye, I agree with Korian. Besides, its not as though we can't trade weapons at a later point in time."
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  19. - Top - End - #559
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    ....

    Ka'Xet looks at these people in wonderment and confusion as if to ask why they're arguing with each other about a masterwork weapon. Being concerned with the good of the group is a good quality, but come on Korian, everyone's telling you that it's yours if you want it. If you'd rather not, then we can sell it at the first opportunity.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ka'Xet is becoming the master of a meaningful look.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  20. - Top - End - #560
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Korian passes the kukri to Lazer and says, "I'm the weapons master, so trust me when I say you need this more than I. If you get a better holdout weapon, I might ask for it. For now though, doctor, it's yours."

    Ka'Xet .... Lazer gives you the lowdown on your wounds, per the OOC. Also, 'meaningful looks' comes under the heading of 'hidden messages/ innuendo' ... meaning that your skill in Bluff .... oh, wait, you don't have that skill. Never mind.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #561
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Then I guess Ka'Xet is going to have to start taking ranks in 'Bluff.'
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius looks about for the moccasins he dropped earlier, hoping he didn't drop them into the puddle in his haste. If he finds them intact he'll present them to the others, "I figure they're magic to have survived the initial burst of the little guy, but can anyone confirm that?"

    He adds afterward, "We should probably get moving if we're as patched up as we're going to get. We want to check over the mess or just come back to it after we're more certain there are less ravenous things lurking about?"
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  23. - Top - End - #563
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    [Correction: After a minute, the acid of the 'corpses' dried quickly to a powder. Which is even creepier to me, if you want my opinion.]

    "Agreed," says Lazer. "We can make searches later, but we should stop anywhere where we might find any information ... but primarily, right now, we need to destroy the abominations and pray to the gods that the original souls are receiving their just desserts elsewhere."
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #564
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    "Celiss," says Lazer. "You're up to give Korian a little relief."

    There is a 5pwy that heads NE, it is the same one that - from height - the squirrely monkey glided in from. It goes just around the corner to the right (E), so you can't see down.

    Darrius?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius scouts on ahead, focusing his power more into stealth as he explores.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, been busy today and don't have time for anything major. 2 points in Pelt, 2 in Pauldrons, 1 in Mantle, stealth, go.

    Err, I think thats right. My brain is a little fried. I might not get in a post tomorrow, so to push it along if I don't get in a reply by this time tomorrow you should probably just press on, or press on even before that I suppose. NPC&Action notes: Darrius will scout ahead until he finds a junction or a creature, report back, and continue on scout duty until an encounter begins. At which point the 2 points from mantle go to the gauntlet and he tries to get to flanking.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  26. - Top - End - #566
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Ka'Xet gets out his bow and nocks an arrow.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  27. - Top - End - #567
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius scoots ahead about 25-30', and comes into peers into a large cavern. Dozens of bolts of once-finely brocaded silk hang from lines of rope stretched lengthwise across the ceiling of this chamber, making it difficult to accurately judge the size of this sandy-floored cavern. Darrius sees a creature in the darkness among the sheets of silk. He has no earthly idea what manner of two-legged monster this thing happens to be - Medium sized, razor-sharp talons and claws, and a long wedge-shaped head sporting wicked teeth. Its body is covered in all manner of pustules, and lots of little tentacles wriggle on its back.

    It lifts its snout high, turning its head on its lithe neck at an odd angle, and draws in air noisily through its nose.

    Darrius, what do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius pauses for a moment as he watches the creature, but as soon as it begins drawing in air through its nose he takes a step back. He might not know what the creature is, but if the damned thing is sniffing at the air like he thinks, its time to move. He hurries back to the others as quietly as he can... unless it follows at which point he books it and raises the alarm.

    Spoiler
    Show
    >.< Sorry, I've been afk for a bit.

    So yeah, if it doesn't immediately follow he'll try to slow and quiet method. Slow being relative, as he'll be crossing that 25-30ft in a single move (up to 35ft is a -5 penalty, 40ft would be -20).
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  29. - Top - End - #569
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius gets back with the group ... a few seconds pause, and it doesn't seem that the thing is following.

    Now what?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss turns to Darrius. Anything that could hinder our advance? She asks quietly. While her comrade was scouting ahead she had been working to quiet the flame that had been burning in her since the battle. Although she wasn't used to such hatred, Celiss imagined that it was part of the transformation that had changed her appearance so much already.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •