Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Denomar brandishes his staff, and prepares to plant it into any enemy that makes another aggressive move towards the rest of the party.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T12: "And...To think....I WANTED to be on a boat," Denomar thinks to himself.

    Hand over hand, Denomar pulls himself up over the ladder, as he reaches the top he springs up and over and onto the deck. Denomar takes his staff off of its sling around his chest and brandishes it, preparing to plant it into any enemy that makes another aggressive move towards the rest of the party.

    R1T7: Whether a result of the weak orison, or the fact that he was just charged by a flying, scythe-wielding, animalistic humanoid, the deck watch at the bow shifts his target to Vakrissa, stepping back before taking the shot. A fluke shot, it hits her in the hip for 7 damage. The fact that she not only doesn't go down, but seems firm of approach to continue attack, makes the man very nervous.

    R1T4: Soller Vark moves forward to meet Celiss, but she steps forward to meet him before he gets a chance. "Tha's right, me pet. Come to me!"

    Despite this, he stops short at the same time - not quite judging distance correctly. As he stabs at her with his rapier, he slips on the deck's mildly slick surface falling backwards, getting the wind knocked out of him. His shock makes him appear to be stunned.

    End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

    R2T21: Darrius pops over the rail and spits at the best-looking target, the fallen man. It would've been an easy target, but Darrius had to shoot at little lower and to the side to make sure he wouldn't hit the wizard-woman, Celiss. He burns a hole in the hull, 3' past Soller's head.

    R2T20.9: Celiss, Soller tried to attack you, and fell to the ground and appears stunned. What do you do?

    (If anyone wants to declare their actions now, anyway, go ahead.)

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss smiles a bit, finding the situation quite humorous. Still, just because the man failed spectacularly now doesn't mean that he wasn't a threat-if she didn't act now, Celiss might regret it later. So, she pulls back a fist and aims a punch at his gut or face, whichever presents a better target,

    You two, with the crossbows! Celiss shouts, directing it at the two goons. I think you should surrender. My forces are all around the boat-the few you see now are just the first to arrive. If you give up now you'll end up unharmed-or at least less harmed than if you fight and end up like this. She says, gesturing to the acid-made hole in the ship. Any reasonable person would surrender-these two weren't hardcore killers, she could tell, and the threat of reinforcements combined with an already outnumbering force, in addition to an enemy who is apparently more than a match for their leader-it all added up to a completely unwinnable situation. Even if this Solar guy stood back up, in a short time he'd be back down on the boards.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Can I do a nonlethal coup de grace?

    If so, I will. Otherwise, I just smack him.
    (1d20+3)[20]
    (1d6+3)[6]

    Should I roll intimidate? If so: (1d20)[10]

    Before any ad-hoc modifiers.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-01-07 at 05:47 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T20.9: Celiss smiles a bit, finding the situation quite humorous. Still, just because the man failed spectacularly now doesn't mean that he wasn't a threat-if she didn't act now, Celiss might regret it later. So, she pulls back a fist and aims a punch at his gut or face, whichever presents a better target, and comes down with that fist on his chest for 6 NL damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The assumption is that if you were wanting to do a NL coup de grace in the first place, that is the type of damage (NL = nonlethal) that you wanted to do to him.

    You two, with the crossbows! Celiss shouts, directing it at the two goons. I think you should surrender. My forces are all around the boat-the few you see now are just the first to arrive. If you give up now you'll end up unharmed-or at least less harmed than if you fight and end up like this. She says, gesturing to the acid-made hole in the ship. Any reasonable person would surrender-these two weren't hardcore killers, she could tell, and the threat of reinforcements combined with an already outnumbering force, in addition to an enemy who is apparently more than a match for their leader-it all added up to a completely unwinnable situation. Even if this Solar guy stood back up, in a short time he'd be back down on the boards.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, I do allow a nonlethal (NL) coup de grace, but the same conditions apply ... he is stunned, not helpless or immobile.

    R2T16: "We don't take no orders from women!" the crossbowman near Celiss snarls.

    Seeing that this will take some more doing, Vakrissa swoops in 5' towards her target and swipes down brilliantly for 10 damage (note, it's lethal) in and across the poor bugger's right shoulder and upper chest. He is grievously wounded.

    R2T15.9: Rabbi Cohen, seeing that he is safe from the one that was going to shoot at him, pulls out a belaying pin at the rope grid and throws it at the other crossbowman, but it bounces off of his buckler.

    R2T13: That same goon drops his crossbow and draws his rapier, stepping forward 5' and attacking, but Celiss easily dodges the poor attack.

    R2T12: Wanderfar? It's only a five-foot step to move up face-to-face with this DW2 (the designation for the person I just mentioned in R2T13, above), and the same movement to step forward and attack the fallen Soller with your quarterstaff. What do you do?

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Seeing a potential opening. As well as a potential threat to his teammate, Denomar steps in to the attack. His staff sweeping over his head and around in a tight fast arc.

    "An opening!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    He moves into a position to threaten both the goon and Vark if that's possible using his full movement and then uses a standard action to initiate the Steel Wind maneuver. If I understood that wrong then he instead uses that standard action to initiate

    Thus (1d20+5)[25] and (1d20+5)[13] for steel wind
    Or (1d20+5)[19] for Leading the Attack. With only whichever maneuver is appropriate applying.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Seeing a potential opening. As well as a potential threat to his teammate, Denomar steps in to the attack. His staff sweeping over his head and around in a tight fast arc.

    "An opening!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    He moves into a position to threaten both the goon and Vark if that's possible using his full movement and then uses a standard action to initiate the Steel Wind maneuver. If I understood that wrong then he instead uses that standard action to initiate

    Thus (1d20+5)[10] and (1d20+5)[9] for steel wind if they hit they deal (1d6+6)[8] and (1d6+6)[8]

    Or (1d20+5)[11] for Leading the Attack. Which deals (1d6+6)[11]
    With only whichever maneuver is appropriate applying.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T12: Seeing a potential opening. As well as a potential threat to his teammate, Denomar steps in to the attack. His staff sweeping over his head and around in a tight fast arc. The first strike crushes the goon's right foot for a whopping 16 damage, dropping him instantly. You spin the staff from this lower position to go careening off of Vark's right shin for a crushing 11 damage.

    "An opening!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    MA: 10' move to threaten both.
    SA: Only a single standard action to make this double attack. They were good rolls, but regardless of good or bad, the first rolls made are kept; in this case that more than works in your favor. Since you actually threatened a crit with the first attack, the 13 will be the confirmation. The '10' on the next post will be against Vark.
    Because in the narrative you stated the goon first, then Vark, that is how I approached resolution for this. I then rolled damage against Vark for you.

    R2T11.9: A woman with a rapier and buckler (Goon 4) comes up the forward ladder from below, moving in to attack Vakrissa, but is too slow for the preternaturally fast shifter.

    R2T8: Another woman (Goon 3) is fast behind, and tries to get past Vakrissa's scythe. Vakrissa almost drops her scythe as she overswings. Goon 3 continues down the starboard side, ending her movement in front of Rabbi Cohen.

    R2T7: Deck Watch 2, who was horribly wounded by Vakrissa, dares to put his hands at the mercy of the sea. He drops his light crossbow and dives into the water off the starboard side, using accelerated swimming to move out 15'.

    R2T6: Yet another armed woman comes out the forward ladder to the main deck. This woman, however makes a valiant thrust that crits Vakrissa in the left knee for 7 damage. At this point, the impressive flying shifter definitely seems to be feeling the wounds in her hip and knee.

    R2T4: Vark is still stunned on the deck, but recovers at the end of his turn, still unable to get up - and trying to get his bearings.

    R2T3: From the open hatch midships-centerline comes another armed woman. As he head pops out she sees Vark and goes, "NO! I'll run you through, bitch!"

    She goes to step out of the hatch right next to you, Celissa (other side of Wanderfar). You throw out a kick to her stomach as she tries to come out ... critting her for 13 NL damage. She falls back down into the hold.

    R2T1: A man comes up, moving past his fallen comrade, and stands to Celiss' forward-right. He stabs, but misses.

    End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

    Rabbi Cohen calls out to Darrius, "Sir, we could really use your help on deck!"

    R3T21: Darrius, the way to a melee attack position on Wanderfar/ Celiss' ranks would be a long way around (and they seem to have things well under control). The forward part of the ship is not so bright. Vakrissa is badly wounded, though 5' in the air. One wounded man jumped ship, but two others are pressing her on opposite sides. (Her height advantage bars flanking ... flanking is done in 3D, not 2D.)

    Oh, yes, and there is a goon on Rabbi Cohen. If you came on deck and tried to pass the goon, you would provoke an AOO. Rabbi Cohen says, "I might not be any help, but Vakrissa is and she needs help! Don't worry about me."

    What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-01-08 at 02:36 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius
    Spoiler
    Show
    Male CN Amphibious Human Incarnate//Rogue, Level 1,
    Init +3
    HP 13/13, Speed 30 ft (Land), 15ft (Swim)
    AC 17 Touch 13, Flat-footed 14
    Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +5
    BAB/Grapple +0/+2
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 12
    Condition Amphibious
    Resistances +1 save vs sleep/ paralysis (racial)
    Immunities -

    Soulmeld Effects
    Essentia: 2. Capacity: 1, +1 Capacity Feat
    [2] Dissolving Spittle: Ed6 Acid Damage as 30ft Ranged Touch. Provokes AoO
    [0] Theft Gloves: Insight to Disable Device and Sleight of Hand of 2+2E
    [0] Worg Pelt: Competence to Stealth of 2+2E

    Incarnum Feats Capacity: 1
    [0] Indigo Strike: +2E damage on Sneak Attacks

    Class Features
    Detect Law: At-Will


    The dark-skinned man grumbles as he takes a half moment to refocus himself on the art of killing, the reddish gleam in the pelt's eyes draining away as the dragons at his throat writhe and their eyes spew forth greater light. For a moment it is all but certain that Darrius will pitch his lunch from the taste that floods his mouth, but he presses on in an attempt to aid the winged warrior woman.

    Spoiler
    Show
    SwA: Reallocate essentia as above (-1 Pelt, +1 Spit)
    Move Actions as required to get as close to Vakrissa as possible, hopefully behind one such goon. If I need both full move actions just to get to such a location I will probably eat the AoO, but otherwise I will attempt to Tumble through Athletics: (1d20+6)[15]

    If I only need one move action to get there then I'll stop short (ie, just out of Reach) and Spit at the Good nearest me.
    RTA: (1d20-1)[3] accounting for probable Firing into Melee Penalties.
    Acid: (2d6)[5]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R3T21: The dark-skinned man grumbles as he takes a half moment to refocus himself on the art of killing, the reddish gleam in the pelt's eyes draining away as the dragons at his throat writhe and their eyes spew forth greater light. For a moment it is all but certain that Darrius will pitch his lunch from the taste that floods his mouth, but he presses on in an attempt to aid the winged warrior woman.

    He just barely ducks past the anti-dwarvite goon without incident and moves several more feet to stand squarely next to another goon (again, no flanking bonus, since flanking is 3D, not 2D) with Vakrissa on the other side - but 5' in the air. He goes to spit at the woman, but she stabs him in the belly for 4 damage, causing his spittle to go wide. (His shield saved him from suffering a critical strike to the abdomen.)

    R3T20.9: Meanwhile, towards the aft, Celiss ... Vark is no longer stunned, but still prone. A man is to his right (your forward-right). What do you do?

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss turns to this new enemy, swinging an arm to hit him with the side of her hand. She does, however, stay close enough to Solar to be able to hit him when he came up-hopefully dropping him like she had done to that women before.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Attack: (1d20+3)[17]
    Damae: (1d6+3)[7]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R3T20.9: Celiss turns to this new enemy, swinging an arm to hit him with the side of her hand. Her ridge hand goes deep into his gut for 7 NL damage, and the wind is knocked out of him. She does, however, stay close enough to Solar to be able to hit him when he came up-hopefully dropping him like she had done to that women before.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Again, the assumption ... until you tell me otherwise ... is that you are using nonlethal damage.

    R3T16: Darrius, you've never been stabbed in the belly before, but the hype of combat and your forward movement brought you closer than you had hoped. It turns out, though, that Vakrissa is offering you a different type of opportunity. Despite her many wounds, she bravely alights onto the deck, putting the woman between you and her (though also meaning she is being flanked by the woman on the other side). Unfortunately, you have no weapon so the woman between you isn't really threatened ... "If you have a weapon to put in hand, Wavebreaker - take it out now and hit her!" says Vakrissa.

    She doesn't relent on attack, though, but rather fights much more cautiously to hopefully enjoy a little better defense (i.e., fighting defensively). Her scythe makes a wicked cut in the woman's belly for 9 damage and the woman screams in pain.

    R3T15.9: Wanderfar, you hear the rabbi mutter something. The other two hears what he says, "Moradin, in my life you have blessed me - for whatever hidden reason - with times of speed and agility. Bless me now that I may safely get to an injured sister-at-arms."

    He says this, and ducks to the side of his aggressor, tries to move past her but she lunges and misses, and then he bolts to Vakrissa's side and casts a spell, while concentrating on it so as not to leave an opening for either enemy that threatens him. Wanderfar is too busy to see this, but Celissa is alert and notes the spell, as does (of course) Darrius: cure light wounds. He heals 14 damage ... a little more than either of the two of you thought possible for such a spell, even if the rabbi were an accomplished spellcaster hiding in your midst! Vakrissa is fully healed.

    R3T15.9: Vark is at your feet and still conscious, Wanderfar. What do you do? (He's prone, not unconscious, so no coup de grace.)

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius (For when my turn comes around again)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Male CN Amphibious Human Incarnate//Rogue, Level 1,
    Init +3
    HP 9/13, Speed 30 ft (Land), 15ft (Swim)
    AC 16 Touch 13, Flat-footed 13
    Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +5
    BAB/Grapple +0/+2
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 12
    Condition Amphibious
    Resistances +1 save vs sleep/ paralysis (racial)
    Immunities -

    Soulmeld Effects
    Essentia: 2. Capacity: 1, +1 Capacity Feat
    [1] Dissolving Spittle: Ed6 Acid Damage as 30ft Ranged Touch. Provokes AoO
    [0] Theft Gloves: Insight to Disable Device and Sleight of Hand of 2+2E
    [0] Worg Pelt: Competence to Stealth of 2+2E

    Incarnum Feats Capacity: 1
    [1] Indigo Strike: +2E damage on Sneak Attacks

    Class Features
    Detect Law: At-Will


    With a flick of his wrist a dagger appears in his hands, gleaming menacingly in the dark. He weaves it back and forth in the air in front of him and a faint trail of blue light trails behind it before he stabs forward with it to find that crucial weak point.

    Spoiler
    Show
    SwA: Reallocate Essentia as Above. The essentia cannot be removed from the Feat for 24 hours.

    MA: Draw Dagger from Wrist Sheathe

    StA: Attack with SnA! (Sneak Attack, SA, yeah... too many SA things for me... Swifts, Standards, Sneaks...)
    Attack: (1d20+4)[11] My own +2 and +2 for flanking included
    Damage: (1d4+2)[3] +SA(1d6)[3] +2 (Indigo Strike)

    On a side note unrelated to combat, did you want me to roll the Sleight of Hand to hide the Dagger in the Pickpocket's Outfit or in the Wrist Sheathe or have you already rolled those secretly?
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2011-01-10 at 05:14 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Denomar raises his staff. And hesitates. Does this man really deserve death? Opting to the side of caution he strikes for Vark's head with the staff with the intent to knock him out. But not kill him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack. Attempting to deal Subdual damage.
    (1d20+1)[9]
    if it hits (1d6+6)[7]
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R3T15.9: Denomar raises his staff. And hesitates. Does this man really deserve death? Opting to the side of caution he strikes for Vark's head with the staff with the intent to knock him out. But not kill him. He thunks the butt of his spear staff towards Vark's head. The scoundrel is no longer stunned, and thus a little squirrely; he just barely puts his forearms in front of his face and the staff is stopped by his buckler.

    R3T11.9: The forwardmost goon-ette that flanks Vakrissa looks in disbelief at the fact that the beleagured shifter is now fully healed. Still, she does much better this time and stabs Vakrissa in he left hand for 6 damage, despite the shifter attempting to be more defensive, thanks to the goon's flanking friend.

    R3T8: The woman that was on the rabbi a few seconds ago before he bolted, now moves into position behind Darrius and stabs him in his left femoral artery in his inner thigh for a critical 7 damage. They may not do a lot of damage, but rapiers are very good at causing wounds.

    R3T6: Though she was there to help both of her lady comrades to harm Vakrissa and wound Darrius, Goon 5 (flanked by both, but allowing both to be flanked) seems overcome by her massive wound and yells, "Yer' own your own, Soller!"

    She throws down her rapier and withdraws from combat - Vakrissa missing her - to the port side and overboard (she had to go port, since the rabbi was in her way).

    R3T4: Vark snarls and yells, with his head facing the midships hatch going down to the hold, "Burn them! Burn them all!"

    He makes a desperate stab at Wanderfar with his rapier (while prone), which is easily blocked. At the same time, Vark tries to stand, but Celiss punches him in the nose for 8 NL, and Vark goes back down. His falling back actually causes Wanderfar to miss his AOO. Celiss struck his bell but good, and screams through the pain of his bloodied nose while releasing his rapier to the deck, "I give! I give! Just don't kill me, plleeeee-eeease!"

    R3T2: The man to the front and right of Celiss spits and says, "You're own your own, coward!"

    He withdraws from Celiss, and leaps over the port side.

    End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

    R4T21: Darrius, to enjoy Vakrissa's position, forgoes the opponent in front of him. He tumbles away from her, and tries to get in position behind the woman near the forward ladder. He isn't so good on approach, but she misses the nimble man, and he stands behind her with the dagger he brought out with a flick of his wrist. He weaves it back and forth in the air in front of him and a faint trail of blue light trails behind it before he stabs forward with it to find that crucial weak point, but his dagger scrapes across her leather armor.

    R4T20.9: The rabbi calls out, "What did he mean by 'Burn them!'?"

    Celiss, what do you do? Vark has surrendered. One man lies bloody on deck - it's not known if he's dead or unconscious. Presumably, you knocked a woman out and she fell into the hold. Another three are retreating. Only two women remain fighting on deck up forward, where Vakrissa, Darrius, and Rabbi Cohen are. You can tell from here, though, that Darrius is severely wounded. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-01-10 at 05:07 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss wavers for a moment-she's sure that if the women from below is still conscious, she'd be burning something important. I'll tell you now-your fate depends completely on what we find here-if find out that, say, you told someone to burn something important...Well, then, I'd probably have a hard time keeping my comrades from killing you. She says.

    Celiss charges the closest female goon, hoping to bring one down quickly and end the fight.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Talk
    Charge, attack:
    (1d20+5)[12]
    (1d6+3)[6]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    "It doesn't matter who he's burning! We're on a Ship!"
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R4T20.9: Celiss wavers for a moment-she's sure that if the women from below is still conscious, she'd be burning something important. I'll tell you now-your fate depends completely on what we find here-if find out that, say, you told someone to burn something important...Well, then, I'd probably have a hard time keeping my comrades from killing you. She says.

    Celiss charges the closest female goon, hoping to bring one down quickly and end the fight. She can't come up squarely against her to flank with Vakrissa (the mast was in the way of that trajectory), but she comes up to Rabbi Cohen's left (and Vakrissa's forward-left). If only she could've flanked, she might have hit, but her fist bounces off of the woman's buckler.

    R4T16: Vakrissa, however, takes the advantage. She steps over so that now Celiss and Vakrissa are flanking the woman diagonally. Celiss, a good eye for talent and movement, recognizes that not only is the shifter a little bit stronger than herself, the druid seems to possess a little more combat experience as well. She short-handles her scythe and cuts behind the woman's right knee. It is not a grievous wound (for what seems to be a tough woman), but it is a painful 7 damage. She screams and drops her rapier.

    R4T15.9: No longer threatened because she dropped her rapier, Rabbi Cohen does a "U" shape to avoid the last combatant and come to Darius from his left. He says, "Moradin, a second ago, you blessed me with a gift I've never had. I beg you do so again, that this worthy may be strong enough to enforce justice."

    What comes to Celiss as a shock, is that as he says, this ... there comes something like a second voice - starting halfway through his sentence - that also comes from the Doctor, and ends a few seconds later. The Rabbi touches Darrius with glowing hands and gives 11 healing, just enough to heal him fully. Darrius is no longer expecting an errant stab to kill him outright.

    Celiss, what you didn't have the facing to really take time to notice before, is that his casting a spell and channeling healing power seems to come to him as a legitimate shock, as if he were hoping for the best, and his god answered his plea. It's almost as if they were legitimate prayers he asks for, rather than spells he seems like he was trained to cast.

    R4T15: Everyone, smoke begins to come out of the midships hatch going down into the hold. You hear the agitated shrieks of monkeys, parrots, and goodness knows what else wells up from the hold. Wanderfar, now you know why your smell was overloaded and you had to forgo your hunter's sense ... the smell of many animals in the hold was overpowering to your keen olfactory sense!

    A split second later, there is the sound of a terrific crash followed by a woman's high-pitched scream and a strange, shrill keening.

    The last woman fighting (Darrius) drops her rapier and looks more afraid of that sound than the many armed heroes in front of her.

    R4T12: Wanderfar, what do you do?

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Burning Beasts? Wanderfar's opinion of Vark drops several degree's. Muttering a vehement oath he swings his staff at Vark's face again. Barely even looking to see if the blow connects he dashes towards the bars in the deck. Staring about to try and find something to put the fire out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (St) Attack (1d20+5)[12]. (1d6+6)[8] if it hits.
    (M) Move towards the hole/bars in the deck.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R4T12: Burning Beasts? Wanderfar's opinion of Vark drops several degrees. Muttering a vehement oath he swings his staff at Vark's face again (knocking him unconscious at least, but maybe even killing him). Barely even looking to see if the blow connects he dashes towards the open hatch in the deck (just aft of the mast), staring about to try and find something to put the fire out.

    This is an open hatch, and a ladder goes down (towards aft). At the bottom of the ladder, lying unconscious, is the woman that Celiss KO'd with a kick to the babymaker.

    A few feet aft of her, you see a woman (one that you hadn't seen yet, though dressed like the other thugs) that is being chawed on by a creature (and a broken cage behind it). The dead woman, whose head is being eaten even now, has flint and steel in her hand, and it looks like she was causing a lot of smoke that agitated the animals ... but she never did quite make a fire.

    The spider-like creature is the size of a pony. The creature's body is dark brown with yellow stripes, its furred legs long and spindly. The front pair of its ten legs rear up threateningly when it sees you, their tips flattening into terrible discs studded with dozens of hooked suckers. The monster's head is horrifically oversized, dominated by immense mandibles that chatter and clack with obvious hunger.

    In other cages from your vantage point you see all sorts of smaller cages (held within the larger, cell-like cages) various sorts of exotic monkeys, parrots, and other types of animals.

    Very faintly, in an aft corner, you see something that you can't fully distinguish ... but you think there may actually be something humanoid back there!

    R4T11.9/8: The two women, their rapiers dropped, raise their hands high (though bucklers are still on them. They want nothing more to do with fighting, though both are looking at the hole, nervously.

    End Round Four, Begin Round Five ...

    R5T21: Darrius, what do you do? If you wanted to go into the hold to investigate, there is actually a ladder right behind you. You have no idea what Wanderfar saw, though you definitely heard!

    Celiss, go ahead and state your action, too.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss grimaces, annoyed. She had hoped that Solar would have ordered his people to stop- but there was nothing to do about that now.

    What's in the hold?! Tell me now! Celiss demands, whirling to face the remaining two of Solar's thugs.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    its a...Bug. A very large bug.

    Wanderfar isn't really sure how to proceed. He's just happy the ship won't burn down.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    .... to which Celiss .....

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    ...Wonders why the remaining thugs are paused in time instead of responding?
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    [Sorry. I glanced, but did not read carefully. I though you were talking to Denomar ... and he replied.]

    "Exotic animals and stuff, for sale at the arena and to black market buyers - some are legal, but it was so whoever Vark's boss is didn't have to pay customs," says one.

    "We don't know half of what some are," says the other. "Vark just paid us to guard the ship."

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss dashes to the ladder, the plans she had seen only hours before easy to call into her mind. How large is the fire? She asks, stopping just in front of the ladder. Solar was using the ship as a place to hold illegal merchandise-some of it's legal but smuggled anyways. That explains why they attacked us like that. Celiss says.

    Make sure those two don't run off! Celiss shouts to her winged ally and the dwarf before turning back to face the opening.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R5T20.9: Celiss grimaces, annoyed. She had hoped that Soller would have ordered his people to stop, but there was nothing to do about that now.

    What's in the hold?! Tell me now! Celiss demands, whirling to face the remaining two of Soller's thugs.

    Wanderer answers flatly and a little reticently, "It's a...Bug. A very large bug.

    Wanderfar isn't really sure how to proceed. He's just happy the ship won't burn down.

    "Exotic animals and stuff, for sale at the arena and to black market buyers - some are legal, but it was so whoever Vark's boss is didn't have to pay customs," says one.

    "We don't know half of what some are," says the other. "Vark just paid us to guard the ship."

    Celiss dashes to the ladder, the plans she had seen only hours before easy to call into her mind. "How large is the fire?" she asks, stopping just in front of the ladder. "Soller was using the ship as a place to hold illegal merchandise - some of it's legal but smuggled anyways. That explains why they attacked us like that."

    "Make sure those two don't run off!" Celiss shouts to her winged ally and the dwarf before turning back to face the opening. It is clear by her specific exclusion of Darrius (also forward with the last two standing goons), that she might want some help.

    Celiss, you see exactly what was described above for Wanderfar. There is no fire, and the woman that was probably the one to begin that is in pieces while that .... thing ... was chowing on her. You also see, a few feet away and at the bottom of the ladder, the woman you kicked in the ovaries and KO'd. The cages, the broken cage where this thing came from ... and is there something else in the back section? is that a humanoid leg of some sort that you see? The most important thing about this scene, is that this bug-thing seems to be looking up the ladder at Wanderfar......and now at you as well. Its mandibles clack menacingly.

    Darrius, you hesitated. Anytime you want to take your turn, let me know. Otherwise, you are forward, helping the 'winged ally and the dwarf' cover the two women.

    R5T20: The Bug bursts up the ladder with surprising speed. (A 'ladder' in nautical terms, is not only a ladder, but can also mean stairs. These are stairs going from lower aft to upper forward - towards the mast.) With its massive jaw it bites Wanderfar in his right hand for 7 damage .... and then skitters back down the ladder, but not before Celiss kicks at it, her foot bouncing off the chitinous jaws.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, you got it ... it moved-attacked-moved. Not a DM mistake.

    R5T16: Vakrissa calls out, "Blessed Autumn! I saw those jaws! That's a rhagodessa, a rare arachnid often used as a guardian. Back away from the ladder and let it come up on deck so we can surround it. It's not only incredibly strong, but unless we wolf-pack, it will just dart in and out all day. With that limited hole, only another person might get a rare chance to attack it."

    She then casts a spell on herself to get herself ready for more battle (6 healing), just enough to heal herself fully. "I can fly faster than you can swim," says Vakrissa to the two goons, allowing her scythe to catch the light off the ship's lanterns. "Think about it."

    She then moves 10' behind Wanderfar and Celiss.

    "You," says the rabbi to one of the women. "Hand me your crossbow and case." He delays ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-01-13 at 08:17 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    He certainly didn't like the looks of things. If there was one thing that he absolutely abhorred, it was bugs. Underwater, the various crustaceans and other sea creatures that might scare the piss out of young land-bound maidens bothered him not at all. On land, however, the creepy, crawly, and sometimes hairy nasty little grubs that infested the earth were utterly disgusting to the dark-skinned man. He felt the bile rise in his mouth at the sight of those jaws and for a moment he did not recognize the sensation. Dribbles of acidic drool were trickling from the corners of his mouth as his tongue was bathed in the bitter slurry and he realized something strange. He was hungry. He wanted to crack the thing's carapace and suck out the innards and devour whatever he could find inside. The realization was startling and for several moments he was entirely stunned with his own thoughts.

    His eyes caught the gleam of Vakrissa's scythe and blinked several times as his eyes re-focused and he came back to the here and now. Almost without thinking his voice gurgled past his spit and bile, "Indeed she can, and I can breathe water. Can you?" With a quick whip of his head he sends the majority of the excess that has pooled in his mouth over the side of the ship and pulls his shield up from his side to sit firmly on one arm. He tests it out with a few quick blocking motions and then glances back towards the hole where the insect emerged from. Even as he takes a step towards the ladder down he glances to the others, "If we could keep it down there we could potentially take it out from up here with crossbows and acid, but I'm not sure we'd have very good shots if it tried to hide."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bah! I was sure I posted last night. I guess I wrote it out and hit preview instead of submit and then wandered off while the computer restarted for those regular updates. Bleh...

    If we're still in initiative then I suppose my actions would be retrieving the shield from my side and then putting it on. With any additional actions leftover he'll advance towards the hole to start boxing it in.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R5T14: Darrius certainly didn't like the looks of things. If there was one thing that he absolutely abhorred, it was bugs. Underwater, the various crustaceans and other sea creatures that might scare the piss out of young land-bound maidens bothered him not at all. On land, however, the creepy, crawly, and sometimes hairy nasty little grubs that infested the earth were utterly disgusting to the dark-skinned man. He felt the bile rise in his mouth at the sight of those jaws and for a moment he did not recognize the sensation. Dribbles of acidic drool were trickling from the corners of his mouth as his tongue was bathed in the bitter slurry and he realized something strange.

    He was hungry. He wanted to crack the thing's carapace and suck out the innards and devour whatever he could find inside. The realization was startling and for several moments he was entirely stunned with his own thoughts.

    His eyes caught the gleam of Vakrissa's scythe and blinked several times as his eyes re-focused and he came back to the here and now. Almost without thinking his voice gurgled past his spit and bile, "Indeed she can, and I can breathe water. Can you?"

    With a quick whip of his head he sends the majority of the excess that has pooled in his mouth over the side of the ship and pulls his shield up from his side to sit firmly on one arm. He tests it out with a few quick blocking motions and then glances back towards the hole where the insect emerged from. Even as he takes a step towards the ladder down he glances to the others, "If we could keep it down there we could potentially take it out from up here with crossbows and acid, but I'm not sure we'd have very good shots if it tried to hide."

    R5T12: Wow, that hurt! Wanderfar, what do you do?

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Wanderfar bites back a scream. Instead letting out a strangled grunt. The spider creature is fast, but he is still able to lash out at it with his staff when it retreats.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Opportunity. (1d20+5)[24]


    Stumbling backwards Wanderfar prepares himself to strike at the creature if it emerges from the tunnel again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    On his turn.
    Move Action ten feet back.
    Standard: Readies attack action contingent upon the creature being in range.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    First. So startling was its attack on you (Wanderfar), that. You wern't able to get off an AOO. However, because it didn't bear down (or up, technically) on the monk, she was able to strike at it on its retreat. Your Martial Lore recognizes this as something that very seasoned warriors and skirmishers do ... Spring Attack.

    Next, you have to be specific with you readied attack ... what type of attack? Define the specific attack ... and the stimulus that will provoke that attack. Go ahead and roll it now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •