Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 810 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Rolling to confirm critical

    (1d20+6)[7]
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  2. - Top - End - #782
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R4T10: Ka'Xet spits in Drevoraz' face, steps back 5' to the opposite sidewall to get some distance, and throws a psychically-charged mindblade. Drevoraz' armor just barely keeps the thrown mindblade from shattering his knee, doing a still-respectable 14 damage! "C'mere you great bratchny cheena and get a good clop on your gulliver."
    Spoiler
    Show
    You never specified psychicially charging the blade. Sooo ...
    FA: 5' free move back.
    MA: Psychic charging mindblade.
    SA: Attack. You never actually rolled the attack roll to confirm, only extra damage if you were successful. (I rolled the confirm roll.)

    You are out of actions, so you have nothing in your hand with which to threaten an opponent. STILL, great job remembering what you usually forget with the psychic strike. You have tricks, but either because you normally don't look at your sheet or update on the fly you bypass a lot of what your character can do. Good job!
    The half-orc is finally beginning to show some fatigue from his wounds.

    R4T8: Korian no longer tries to fight tactically with the crocodile, wanting to finish it off quickly so it doesn't attack anyone else or hold him up from helping against the half-orc. But this lack of focus hurts him. He attacks wildly with the handaxe, too wildly, twisting his right ankle and falling prone. As he gets up, the croc attacks but its bite is thrown off by the chill mists surrounding Korian.

    R4T7.95: The croc snaps with its powerful jaws, and through unknown grace doesn't manage to bite through Korian's very thin natural hide. Its tail comes whipping around, but Korian manages to do a reinforced block with both axes.

    R4T7.9: Bua Gorg presents his horrible holy symbol and croaks as dark energies of a dark god pull and tug at the life energy of everyone there, and only willpower and faith helps to resist.
    Celiss: Saved, 4 NE (negative energy) damage.
    Darrius, Drevoraz: Saved, 5 NE.
    Ka'Xet: Saved, 3 NE.
    Korian, Lazer: Saved, 7 NE.
    * Lazer now in the yellow.
    * Korian, horrified by such cowardly dark magics, is consumed by his bloodrage.
    Lavinia: Saved, 6 NE damage.
    Crocodile: Failed, 15 NE damage, in the red.

    All of the unconscious, tied up Jade Ravens are helpless, so they cannot save and take full damage (various). It is not known if they were comatose-KO, or merely subdued, if they are dying, or dead, or what ....

    R4T6: Darrius, no way to flank this guy. You have no idea what that burst was. It doesn't seem like a spell, and while not doing a lot of damage to any one person, it hurt everyone (friend and foe alike) for a respectable total amount of damage, and possibly killed some of the helpless tied up folk. What do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius flinches away from the tide of foul energy, and as it recedes from him he surges back into the fight, hoping to end the foul caster.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rapier: (1d20+7)[15]
    Pierce: (1d6+7)[11]

    Claw: (1d20+1)[10]
    P/S: (1d3+4)[7]

    Possible crit confirms: (2d20)[15][2](17)
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  4. - Top - End - #784
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R4T6: Darrius flinches away from the tide of foul energy, and as it recedes from him he surges back into the fight, hoping to end the foul caster. His rapier almost connects, but a fell air around the cleric foils the good incarnate's blade, and his claws are likewise deflected.

    End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

    R5T23: Lavinia fences with Drevoraz, but does not pass.

    R5T22: Drevoraz hacks at Ka'Xet's upper chest to do a whalloping 19 damage, then comes around again to cut deep across the xeph's left upper arm for 18 damage, and Ka'Xet drops from shock and bloodloss. Drevoraz then takes a 5' step to Lavinia's side, looking as if he wants to leave the battle.

    Lazer calls out, "If Drevoraz leaves, let him go! We have enough in here, and I'll tend to Ka'Xet."

    R5T17: Meanwhile, back with the cleric ... Celiss, what do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-05-08 at 03:35 PM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #785
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss, the heat from the flames still seeming to stay on her body, breathes deeply, preparing an arcane formula to boost her stamina - hopefully it would prove unnecessary, but it was better to be better protected than necessary than to be...well, dead.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Bear's Endurance.

    Since I didn't seem to take a step to avoid AOOs when using Searing Hands before, I won't need to cast defensively or step, I think.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  6. - Top - End - #786
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    "...she steps back and slightly left..." This is what I put in as a DM to keep you from gicking yourself, but also to make sure that Darrius was not in the line of fire. No need to step back because there is a 5-foot-gap between you and Bua Gorg.

    R5T17: Celiss, the heat from the flames still seeming to stay on her body, breathes deeply, preparing an arcane formula to boost her stamina. Hopefully it would prove unnecessary, but it was better to be protected more than necessary than to be ... well, dead. Celiss now knows the superhuman constitution that Darrius enjoys, and she perks up a little more, no longer in the yellow.

    R5T15: Lazer flies over and above the tied, dying prisoners and casts stabilize on Tolin Kientai. It is not known if he was actually dying or already dead.

    R5T10: Ka'Xet, roll a Constitution check vs a DC 10. +3 for Con bonus, -5 for # hp's below zero. This means roll a d20 with a -2 penalty, and a score of 10 or more means you self-stabilize. If you get down to a negative number of hit points equal to your Constitution score (-16 in your case), then you die ... not at -10.

    R5T8: The ankle-sprained Korian in a bloodrage tears into the crocodile with axe and bite, killing it. In killing it, his bloodrage subsides.

    R5T7.9: Bua Gorg attacks Darrius with a spear that has electricity coursing up and down it, but it slams against his armor for no damage (either to Darrius or to himself from Darrius' mantle).

    R5T6: Darrius, what do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #787
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Will our hero Ka'Xet survive?

    Will Lazer reach him in time?

    Is Dave going to have to create another character?

    Find out these answers and more on the next Savage Tide!

    (1d20-2)[11]
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  8. - Top - End - #788
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius, what do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Though he fully expects a heavy blow to the chest, Darrius's armor holds true and at worst he is only thrown back a ever so slightly. He weighs his options...

    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't seem to recall right off, but I had thought a Resist Acid went up somewhere. Was that a previous combat? If it wasn't this one, he'll spit, despite provoking an AoO. If it was, he'll continue on. (Been a loooooong day. >.<)

    If no Acid Resist recognized:
    Swift: 2 out of bluesteel bracers into dissolving spittle
    Edit: Wait... Thats not right... Uh, 2 from Mantle of Flame, as I don't think I have any in the bracers.
    Standard: barf
    RTA: (1d20+5)[20]
    Acid: (3d6)[10]

    If that energy resist was this fight, press on as usual:
    Rapier: (1d20+7)[14]
    Pierce: (1d6+7)[12]

    Claw: (1d20+1)[5]
    P/S: (1d3+4)[5]
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2012-05-13 at 04:47 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  10. - Top - End - #790
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R5T6: Though he fully expects a heavy blow to the chest, Darrius's armor holds true and at worst he is only thrown back a ever so slightly. He weighs his options...

    Since the acid resistance ended after the battle with the huntress, Darrius figures there's no harm in giving a little reflux to Bua Gorg. His bright bracers diminish to a light glow even as the blue-green torc around his neck becomes ever brighter. Darrius rears up to spit, and that rearing is enough for the cleric to miss with the spear. The good simply looks down and belches acid on the bullywug's left foot for 16 acid damage. That's gonna leave a mark!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why does acid resistance matter, anyway?

    You did have 2 in bluesteel bracers, so that is what I used since the mantle didn't have any E in it. Also, since you now have 3E in spittle, it does 1d6 + Ed6 acid damage, or 4d6. I happened to roll a 6 on the last d6 you didn't roll.

    End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

    R6T23: Lavinia readies an attack against Drevoraz should he continue aggression. "Leave, murderer! Your mission is without merit and your captain recalled you. If you go now, we will not commit ourselves to your destruction. But I promise you, if our paths cross again, I pray to Fharlanghn that my travels in swordplay will have increased!"

    R6T22: "Ha!" laughs Drevoraz. "I could kill you easily enough, little girl. But my mission is now without merit, so I will leave. if you feel sore about this later, though, feel free to hunt me down and you will find me waiting."

    Drevoraz hustles out of the room, unmolested by Lavinia.

    "Treachery!" calls out the wounded bullywug cleric after Drevoraz. "May Dagon reach from the depths and crush the ship you're in and drag you all into his murky abyss!!"

    R6T17: And then there was one. Celiss, you are 10' from Bua Gorg, the last enemy combatant. What do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #791
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    You shouldn't worry about him. You are going to be the only one being dragged into Dagon's abyss today, Celiss says, triggering the arcane formula she had bound for her right arm - a set of the twins she had readied that morning. With a gesture not unlike snapping her fingers and a curt order of arcane syllables, she summons a pair of momentarily visible orbs of energy. With a sweeping gesture she launches both at Bua Gorg, each flying with unerring accuracy to strike their target.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting -surprise!- Magic Missile.

    (2d4+2)[7]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  12. - Top - End - #792
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R6T17: "You shouldn't worry about him. You are going to be the only one being dragged into Dagon's abyss today," Celiss says, triggering the arcane formula she had bound for her right arm - a set of the twins she had readied that morning. With a gesture not unlike snapping her fingers and a curt order of arcane syllables, she summons a pair of momentarily visible orbs of energy. With a sweeping gesture she launches both at Bua Gorg, each flying with unerring accuracy to strike their target for 7 force damage.

    R6T15: Lazer casts stabilize on Zan Oldavin, though it is not known if he is too late or not.

    R6T10: It is not known (by characters, mind you) if Ka'Xet lives, is dead, or is dying ...

    R6T8: Korian howls and charges the cleric (even with his sprained ankle) to bull rush him, but the bullywug cleric manages to brace with his spear held across his body. It is a herculean tug of strength by two equally strong animal-humanoids (frog vs wolverine), but the bullwug barely manages to hold his ground and his footing. Not succeeding, however, at least Korian isn't singed by fire or electricity.

    R6T7.9: Bua Gorg reacts to what he feels is a weaker target (considering how buff Darrius is) and attacks Korian with his spear. Even the electrified point, however, cannot get past the animan's mithral shirt.

    R6T6: Darrius? What do you do? It seems that Bua Gorg is evenly matched with Korian for strength.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-05-14 at 10:18 PM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    With Korian now in the theater of battle Darrius takes the opportunity to step back and repeat his previous assault, acid bile dripping from his lips at the very thought of putting the foul cleric down.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step back if theres a good place to step to, half to allow anyone else that may want to get in and half to avoid spitting AoOs.

    RTA: (1d20+5)[21]
    Acid: (4d6)[16]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  14. - Top - End - #794
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R6T6: With Korian now in the theater of battle Darrius takes the opportunity to step back and repeat his previous assault, acid bile dripping from his lips at the very thought of putting the foul cleric down. It is a solid strike to the cleric's chest for 16 acid damage. The cleric is now very badly wounded.

    End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

    R7T23: Lavinia goes to aid Ka'Xet and looks somewhat panicked. "I don't know how he's doing, Doctor Cohen! I have no clue about this type of thing."

    R7T17: Celiss, what do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #795
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Repeating the incantation and gesture, Celiss feels a surge of arcane energy run through her left arm. The second of the twin formulae was now active and after a moment another two spheres of energy had formed. Extending her arm, Celiss launches both at Bua Gorg.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Continue Magic Missile spam.

    (2d4+2)[8]

    I can't update my sheet from where I am, could you?
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  16. - Top - End - #796
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R7T17: Repeating the incantation and gesture, Celiss feels a surge of arcane energy run through her left arm. The second of the twin formulae was now active and after a moment another two spheres of energy had formed. Extending her arm Celiss launches both at Bua Gorg which hits him for 8 force damage. This guy is a frickin' beast. If nothing else, he can take a hell of a pounding as he is still somehow standing after all of this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, we find ourselves in familiar territory ... again. I updated the magic missile last post, and figured you must have used your other one in an earlier battle, and that the last post was your last one. Please let me update your expenditures and hps, as I do with Darrius' Essentia/ meld switches (especially since one switch for him can affect skills/ saves/ damage/ etc.).

    R7T15: Lazer does a quick triage of Corin and says, "I don't know if I saved the other two, but Corin Wanderfar is dead."

    Lazer speeds over to Ka's fallen form and lands.

    R7T8: Korian swings his handaxe quickly enough for ice to form on it and he swings at the cleric, but the bullywug now has enough sense to try to defend and he dodges.

    R7T7.9: The cleric now has some sense that he is in serious trouble. He takes out a wand with his off-hand and touches himself for 5 healing.

    R7T6: Darrius, even that little bit of healing is too little too late as Bua is still in the red. What do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    With caustic slime still dripping from his lips, Darrius offers Bua Gorg just one chance, "Relent now, and you may yet live. There has been enough bloodshed, and my good nature finds a nice dry cell someplace a far better home for you than the depths of hell."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready an action (damn you Incarnate Good alignment XP). If you'll allow the vague side, attack if he does not immediately surrender. If you insist on specifics, if he tries that AoE negative energy thing again, he's getting acid to the face.

    RTA: (1d20+5)[12]
    Acid: (4d6)[17]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  18. - Top - End - #798
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R7T6: With caustic slime still dripping from his lips, Darrius offers Bua Gorg just one chance, "Relent now, and you may yet live. There has been enough bloodshed, and my good nature finds a nice dry cell someplace a far better home for you than the depths of hell."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Immediately surrender" given the time it takes for a round, and it makes sense the enemy would need to assess his situation instead of immediate response (i.e., wait until initiative to give measured reaction, even though vocals are free ... rather than just knee-jerk).

    End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

    R8T23: Lavinia will try to help Lazer with Ka'Xet.

    R8T17: Celiss, do you ready/delay to determine Bua Gorg's response to Darrius? Darrius gave a choice out of compassion, but now that imposes a condition of honor on the group where you are concerned. What do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #799
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss, her ranged attack options all used up, decides to wait as well, seeing if Bua would rather die or be imprisoned. Something in her gave her the urge to just keep attacking, to smash the filthy frog-thing into pulp without any chance for it to surrender. Celiss tenses her muscles, driving back the instinct to keep attacking.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, here we are.

    I'll ready an action to follow him if he tries any movement-stuff, like jumping across us to try and run away.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  20. - Top - End - #800
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R8T17: Celiss, her ranged attack options all used up, decides to wait as well, seeing if Bua would rather die or be imprisoned. Something in her gave her the urge to just keep attacking, to smash the filthy frog-thing into pulp without any chance for it to surrender. Celiss tenses her muscles, driving back the instinct to keep attacking.

    R8T15: Lazer stabilizes and checks Ka'Xet. "Ka'Xet is still alive."

    R7T8: Korian readies an attack as well ...

    R7T7.9: Bua Gorg laughs and touches himself with the healing wand for 7 healing.

    R7T6: Considering what Darrius originally intended, but the readied action trigger did not occur, Darrius now spits at the cleric's face, dropping him.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius glances to Lazer, "Are the others okay?" He then does his best to make sure the foul priest isn't going to slip into death and escape punishment, allowing Lazer's true skill go towards those that deserve it. While working, he starts destroying any holy symbols he can find and removing any weapons he might have hidden away.

    Spoiler
    Show
    He's taking ten for the heal check (13), which isn't going to make it, which he knows on some level. He won't reject an aid-another to make it a success...
    In addition to trying to stabilize, he's going to give himself as much ER as he can through the dragon mantle and minimize the spittle, whereby he will remove anything that looks like a holy symbol from Bua, hold it in his hands, and drool on it until it goes away. Also, removing weapons, etc.
    If anything resembling rope is handy, he'll go for that next.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  22. - Top - End - #802
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    "We're not done," says Lavinia. "Kaskus fell in battle in the courtyard, and I have no idea what happened to Liamae. Have you seen them?"

    As the very badly wounded dwarven doctor makes his rounds he says, "Actually, I never saw Kaskus in the courtyard. Since they didn't take their own dead, it's likely he was mistaken for dead and escaped. We never saw any sign of Liamae."

    "And Bua Gorg here isn't the worst of them. There was this lazy female bullywug and a male chieftain."

    "I don't know you can tell them apart - male and female - but we killed a capable huntress downstairs ... I have her axes here. We haven't met anyone that seems like a chieftain, though. I thought this really tough priest was it."

    "Well," says Lazer, "not only do we need to find the other two, but we need to continue checking the grounds."

    Diamondback is dead, her debt dearly, dearly paid ... but she was very instrumental in helping soften up the bullywugs elsewhere and to keep Drevoraz from fully slaughtering the rest of you.

    Corin Wanderfar, your one-time companion, is dead.

    Ka'Xet is comatose, but still quite alive.

    BOTH Tolin Kientai and Zan Oldavin were 1 hit point away from death. (OOC, it turns out that with incredible luck they both self-stabilized, not by Lazer's power .... oh, the things we'll never know.)

    Lazer checks Bua Gorg last. It seems that the ridiculously tough bullywug cleric was stable the instant within seconds of hitting the ground, the acid actually cauterizing the wound.

    Lazer then goes to Ka'Xet and drops a CMW on him for 21 healing. He then drops an 18-pointer on himself. Another 16 on Ka'Xet.

    He then goes to CLW to conserve his more powerful spells, with 16 on Celiss, 15 on Ka'Xet, and fully heals Darrius. With the power of his heritage and pure faith alone, he fully heals Lady Lavinia. He then heals Korian fully with a CLW.

    Though tactically he would prefer to not waste the power of the wand on those who have already suffered enough today - and figures that the coming trials are likely to end soon enough - Lazer knows that Lady Lavinia would want every available sword. Even she might not know the full extent of how many bullywug remain.

    Lazer begins using the wand on Tolin and Zan. It takes 2 charges each to awaken Tolin and Zan. After a total of 9 charges, both of them have only light wounds, as do Celiss, Ka'Xet, and himself.

    Darrius, you don't have fine control over your spittle ... you cannot dribble as you desire over Bua to excise something like the unholy symbol. The other issue is that while his mantle of flame doesn't burn the surrounding environment (and it IS still active), you know it WILL burn you if you go to handle him. The best you can do is remove his spear, which he dropped when he fell. The mantle burns as brightly as when he last used it, which is more than enough to hurt Darrius.

    However, the other good thing is that he dropped his wand of cure light wounds, which Lazer will instantly put to work to top everyone off. By now, Celiss' bear's endurance spell has worn off and she feels the effects of previous wounds a little more. Lazer uses 5 charges of the CLW wand to top everyone off and takes hold of the wand. It is likely the other two Jade Ravens will need healing when you find them ... if they're not already dead.

    Celiss' detect magic determines that the spear is masterwork, not magical ... so the essence of electricity that coiled around it and the javelins Bua Gorg wielded must've been an aspect of the cleric's personal power and not the weapon(s).

    "Don't worry," says Lady Lavinia, "I'll watch him while the rest of you recover the Manor."

    Stashed next to the bed are Lavinia and the Jade Ravens' equipment.
    Lavinia takes a couple of her potion bottles, a masterwork rapier, and a masterwork lute. She gives Celiss back her rapier. Lavinia has her own, and though not magical, Celiss may well need the magical blade while Lavinia is simply on "guard duty" for the fallen bullywug cleric.

    Tolin's gear consists of a masterwork chain shirt, two masterwork short swords, a composite bow fitted for his strength, 40 arrows, a fine cloak, and a pouch of gold.

    Zan's gear consists of a masterwork suit of studded leather armor, a masterwork buckler, a masterwork rapier, a masterwork shortbow with 40 arrows, a pair of interesting goggles, and a pouch of gold.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #803
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss closes her eyes for a few moments, letting the last of the combat's effects fade away. Although the immediate danger was gone, there were still enemies on the estate. Now was not the time to mourn those who died. Celiss considers her own actions in the past few hours - she had readily brought death to those who attacked her, without a thought as to those people's own associates. She'd have to consider this once the last battle was over, while meditating. Perhaps it would give insight as to the mental changes she was undergoing, as well.

    Opening her eyes, Celiss exhales slowly, feeling the familiar calm wash away the mixture of anger, sadness and fatigue in her mind. It was time for action, and for action she needed a clear head.

    "Which area of the grounds will we search first?" Celiss asks, turning back to her comrades.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  24. - Top - End - #804
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    A quick discussion of tactics and group composition ...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celiss: Majority of her magics are HTH-enhancing, though the ability to use charm person at will is stunning, and bullywugs tend to be dull-witted. Great defense, even before magic, and can shrug off minor weapon wounds without injury. Front-liner.

    Darrius: Stealth is not the mission. Devastating ranged attack, especially if combined with dissolving spittle and sighting gloves. Decent second-liner. Moderate defense, but with brutal offensive-defense in right circumstances.

    Ka'Xet: Ranged specialist with flexibility and decent second-liner. All-around good, but not incredible damage per strike.

    Korian: Phenomenal dodging/ blocking skill with weapons, but tends towards light weapons. Good second-liner with moderate damage.

    Eliezer: Aerial where possible. Party healer and needs to be protected.

    Tolin Kientai: All-around warrior, but not like the PCs. Primarily two-weapon specialist, but not bad with bow. Considering his specialized "assassin" and senses, he is best as rear guard.

    Zan Oldavin: Poor defenses. Not a warrior, but accounted a good swordsman and not a bad shot with the bow. Uses speed and wit with sword. Primarily trained as a classic half-elf dilettante and investigator. Some skill with enchantments.

    Result: This is CQB, so in most cases, though there aren't many hallways, single file is the rule. Doorways are what guides this and then the group can fan out in rooms to secure.

    OOB (Order of Battle/ Marching Order)
    Celiss
    Korian
    Darrius
    Lazer (team leader, calling movement)
    Ka'Xet
    Zan
    Tolin

    Second Floor has been secured.

    Group goes down E main staircase to First Floor to the kitchen where you fought the huntress.

    Moving north through the balcony and mini-hallway and into the Laundry. This white-paneled room is filled with basins and hampers. A large tub of water sits in the middle of the room, and numerous cords hung with clothespins lace the ceiling.

    Into the Training Hall where several bullywugs lie. Through the double-doors to check the W room, the Laboratory. Alchemical and vivisection tools and all manner of glassware are scattered about on three or four tables in this windowless room. The fireplace is constructed with a brass grating fitted with slots to accommodate glass tubes for heating. It looks like this chamber hasn't been used in awhile, with dust collecting on things.

    Celiss didn't even realize this was here, and it is likely that Lavinia's parents might've used this place (since they have the lab, but it has gone unused). Not that Celiss is an alchemist, but it is interesting. There are several glass jars with: the shrunken head of a simian humanoid; a bulbous green worm floating in alchemical preserve; a strange, one-eyed bat-like thing mounted on a board and whose body gives off an eerie soft blow; a piece of leathery stretched skin bearing a tattoo of an eye with an arrow over it. Celiss doesn't really have time right now to investigate anything .... maybe later.

    Now the room on the E side just S of the double-doors from the Training Hall. The Family Shrine. A large stone disk carved with a road and crescent moon of Fharlanghn is set into the wall above a modest altar heaped with offerings of dried fruit and other strange objects.

    The large area in the center includes the overlook into the foyer and the two grand staircases to the ground floor. Continuing to the two southern rooms are Guest Rooms, each a furnished chamber with two beds, a low desk, and a free standing dresser. These are the quarters of the Jade Ravens.

    Down to the Ground Floor. First room N of the Antechamber is the Library. Row upon row of bookshelves filled to bursting with tomes on all manner of subjects line this room. A hearth sits against the N wall, embers glowing softly within. A reading table sits near the fireplace. This place is well known to the heroes. The most curious is a musty old diary written in a strange archaic language resting on the reading table, the initials "L. of G." burned into the cover. The diary's current page is marked with with a strange card of a flexible material with bumps and holes along its surface.

    NW corner room is the Gallery. This dismal excuse for a gallery obviously once held dozens of works, but now most of the frames stand empty, save a few exotic landscapes and portraits of Lavinia's parents.

    N-central room is the Trophy Hall. This exhibit hall displays many hunting trophies, all well-preserved by taxidermy. Great saber-toothed cats, a crouching deinonychus, a bloated toad the size of a pony, and a strange, badger-like creature with golden fur and eight legs round out the menagerie of more mundane leopards, wolves, and bears. The carpet in this room is terribly stained with mud, especially around a door in the NE corner of the room. It seems three bullywug hunters have taken a liking to the stuffed dire toad and are gathered around it while they guard the room.

    R1T23: Darrius, though you would go first, you aren't quite aware of the enemy when the door is opened. Delaying ...

    R1T21: Celiss, the nearest two bullywugs are 30' from you. You have no active spells currently. As their kin before, each has a varying number of wounds from previous battle. Considering your M.O. before, you have rapier and short sword in hand - one for HTH, one for magic, and your feet and such for unarmed. What do you do?

    Darrius, once Celiss goes, you will recognize that enemies are in the room and it will be your turn ...
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #805
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems like there's something up with TTW, so I can't access my sheet. I'll just look up my last attack bonuses here, though.


    Celiss moves forwards immediately, hoping to strike down one bullywug, or at least injure it enough that Darius can finish with his acid spit.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move and attack with my rapier.

    A: (1d20+7)[11]
    D: (1d6+3)[8]

    (Although if it's +1, it'd be +4 damage and not +3. I think it is, but I'm not entirely sure.)
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I've got like 30 seconds, so... max e IN SPIT AND REMAINDER TO MAX GLOVES, AND THEN ANYTHING LEFT OVER INTO DRAGON MANTLE.

    ****, caps locks, sorry

    RTA (1d20)[19]
    Acid: (4d6)[10]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  27. - Top - End - #807
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T21: Celiss moves forwards immediately, hoping to strike down one bullywug, or at least injure it enough that Darius can finish with his acid spit. Its reflexes are too late as her blade stabs into its right thigh for max (9) damage, but bullywugs are now well-known to the party as being able to take a hit or two. In the meantime, Celiss - a woman who has spent the better part of her life focusing on the use of her body as a weapon - finds more and more the possibilities in such a blade as the rapier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, +1 rapier. It was lent to Lavinia in the last battle, but she gave it back to you.

    R1T20: Blue, blue-green, and various shades of each shift about on Darrius as he moves in and ducks forward-right to give room for the rest to enter and sets up his essentia. He sees the target Celiss wounded and backs it up for a nasty first shot to its right foot, sizzling it for 16 acid damage (10 + 6 SA), dropping unconscious from shock right away.

    R1T18: "Blorp!" calls out a bullywug next to his fallen kinsmen as he swings his tomahawk at Celiss (who ducks).

    R1T14: Tolin moves in and breaks off to the north wall, but targets the bullywug that's further off, hitting it through the right hand for 15 damage. That one shrieks in pain.

    R1T13.9: Lazer moves in to the center of the room, so as to be ready for a healing emergency.

    R1T10: Korian comes blowing through the door and tosses his pilum which goes over head of the hand-wounded one.

    R1T9.9: The hand-wounded one breaks the arrow, and tosses its tomahawk at Korian, missing.

    R1T9: Ka'Xet, you have plenty of room to move and get a PB (point-blank) bead on either of the standing bullywugs. One is very badly wounded (the hand one to the rear), the other not so much (standing by Celiss). What do you do? Also, do you have mindblade ready, or do you have your normal bow out and knocked?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #808
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Mindblade is the first option unless otherwise stated. During his off-time (not that there is much of that) Ka'Xet experiments with shaping his mindblade into a bow.

    Ka'Xet targets the wounded bullywug, throws the mindblade and manifests a new blade.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  29. - Top - End - #809
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T9: With equal accuracy and slightly better damage, just bringing out his composite bow might be the more tactical choice. But Ka'Xet is no mean warrior. His path takes dedication and focus, and he has the foresight to give up advantage now to bettering his mindblade in its many possible forms rather than constantly falling back on crude material weapons. Such is the admirable dedication of a soulknife.

    Ka'Xet moves in 20' for assessment (10 feet-ish behind Celiss) and tosses his blade at the rear bullywug with the wrecked hand. His mindblade darts right into the poor creature's groin for 9 damage and it drops.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because the door doesn't look into the bulk of the room but along the wall, and Ka'Xet wasn't the front man, he would've had to move regardless ... so it was just as well to move you in the full amount to get PB bonuses. You moved and tossed, so you'll have to re-manifest next round. Which in this battle really isn't a problem, since you can manifest/toss.

    R1T7: Zan likewise moves in and fires at the remaining one, but his arrow goes wide in fear of hitting Celiss.

    End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

    R2T21: Celiss, you are toe-to-webbing with the last bullywug. What do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #810
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Right in the yarbles!
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •