Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 840 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss strikes again with her rapier, but not before demanding a surrender in every language she speaks that she thinks the creature might understand (if it doesn't seem to understand Common, that is).

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    TTW is still down for me, so I'll just do what I have the stats for.

    A: (1d20+7)[11]
    D: (1d6+4)[7]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  2. - Top - End - #812
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    DM Post of Revealing.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #813
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    "Right in the yarbles!" calls Ka'Xet excitedly in a somewhat self-congratulatory manner.

    R2T21: Celiss strikes again with her rapier, but not before demanding a surrender in every language she speaks that she thinks the creature might understand (if it doesn't seem to understand Common, that is). So she starts in Common, then Celestial, Draconic, Infernal, Abyssal, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Sylan, and Finally Undercommon.

    As the bullywug stands there confused by the linguistic onslaught, he just manages to throw up his shield in time. Celiss' attempt to feint in combat failed. (Just kidding, but that would've been the RP had he been hit!)

    R2T20: Darrius?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #814
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I gave a little extra time. Tac must be having some tough time with work.


    R2T20: Though Celiss is there, Darrius is confident in a good shot. Unfortunately, he just barely corrects in time so as not to fumble and hit the infernal wizard monk!

    R2T18: The bullywug hisses with its tongue spraying at Celiss, obviously ready to fight to the death. He attacks her again with his tomahawk but is woefully outclassed with her parrying skill.

    R2T14: Tolin begins to slice the pie, coming around at an angle to shoot the bullywug but misses badly to not hit Celiss.

    R2T13.9: Lazer maintains his ready position to fly to friendly wounded.

    R2T10: Korian surges forth, the mist around him disappearing as he begins to tap into his ability to sniff blood. He charges in like a wrecking ball, but the bullywug - if not strong - is hardy enough to brace with his shield to stop Korian.

    R2T9: Ka'Xet, no doubt you MA to manifest mindblade? If so, toss with +4 attack, 1d6+4 damage. Otherwise, what do you do?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #815
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    ATK

    (1d20+10)[12]

    DAM

    (1d6+4)[7]

    Manifest again, if possible. If not, then begin achieving psionic focus.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  6. - Top - End - #816
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T9: Ka'Xet manifests and sends out another mindblade, just getting past the wild bullywug's thrashing and into its abdomen for 7 damage. (He is now empty-handed again.)

    R2T7: Zan tosses his bow while coming around the other side of the bullywug from Celiss, drawing his rapier as he goes. It is a critical strike to the back of the thing's head for 13 damage. The enraged bullywug is barely standing.

    End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ....

    R2T21: Celiss, what do you do?

    Darrius, you're on deck ...
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss, taking full advantage of Zan's presence on the other side of the creature, strikes at its heart. With her enemy's attention split, Celiss has the time to line up her strike more than she normally can, putting a great amount of force into the hopefully deadly thrust.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking.

    A: (1d20+9)[24]
    D: (1d6+4)[9]
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-06-29 at 12:30 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  8. - Top - End - #818
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T21: Celiss, taking full advantage of Zan's presence on the other side of the creature, strikes at its heart. With her enemy's attention split, Celiss has the time to line up her strike more than she normally can, putting a great amount of force into the hopefully deadly thrust. She probably doesn't quite get its heart, but her rapier still sinks into its chest for 9 damage, enough for it to drop once she pulls her rapier out.

    Combat Ends ...

    Lazer stabilizes the fallen enemies, and checks to see if they're alive (they are). "They shall not escape life before they face justice."

    Meanwhile, Tolin is able to retrieve one of his arrows as Zan gets his one, and Korian picks up his pilum.

    The party is on the move again. On the NE of this room is a set of stairs going down, two small rooms, and a hidden armory. The first is a washroom, containing a large tub and a washbasin.

    The next is a privy. Beyond three fine porcelain lavatories that empty into a series of pipes that likely drain into the nearby canal, there is nothing of interest in this room.

    The hidden armory was unknown to the PCs (and Lazer/ Korian), but Tolin and Zan (as the House Guard, the Jade Ravens), knew of it. The walls of this stone-floored room are lined with weapon and armor racks, many of which are empty. Still remaining on the walls are a silvery bastard sword, a light crossbow, a glowing dagger, a suit of studded leather armor, a light shield, and a small wooden coffer. The wooden coffer lies on its side, the lid open and its contents (several potion vials and a pair of boots) strewn on the floor. Slumped on the ground nearby is what appears to be a recently slain dwarf.

    "Kaskus!" shouts Tolin as he gets to the dwarf's side.

    Doctor Cohen checks him. "He's still alive, but not by much."

    He uses the bullywug cleric's healing wand on him for 3 healing, and another for 5 before the dwarf is barely conscious. Lazer attempts to use the wand again, but the enemy's wand is depleted. Lazer sensing that a lot will still be required to heal the dwarf, forgoes using the party wand and just prays to Moradin to give healing to his Moradinian brother for 11 healing, but at least he's now in the yellow. Then CMW for 19 healing, and Kaskus' wounds are very light.

    Kaskus Hebel Kiel recounts how he managed to hide in this room after the other Jade Ravens were captured. Unfortunately, the wounded druid//duskmage didn't know about the magic missile trap that once warded the coffer of healing potions, and in his frenzied attempts to get to the contents he triggered the trap and might have died if it wasn't for the rabbi saving him. He frantically recounts the battle of the manor (including a tearful account of the death of his animal companion Brunthus at the hands of that damn half-orc). He readily agrees to join the rest in the task of reclaiming the manor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaskus Hebel ("Breath") Kiel 4'6", 229 pounds. Brown eyes, gray hair, tan skin. Wears magical wooden armor and a magical wooden shield, but carries a dwarven waraxe of unexceptional make. He has a pair of goggles that are off his eyes and set at his forehead. The only spell he has left is longstrider, but he has a handful of druid orisons and several duskblade cantrips he can use.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #819
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Choodessny otchkies, chummer!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Marvelous goggles, buddy!
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  10. - Top - End - #820
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    "Thanks?" asks Kaskus at the strange remark, as he is not used to Ka'Xet's (in this case very) extreme patois.

    All floors have been swept, and now it's time to go down into the basement by way of the stairwell on the NE side of the building here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOB (Order of Battle/ Marching Order)
    Celiss
    Korian
    Darrius
    Lazer (team leader, calling movement)
    Ka'Xet
    Zan
    Kaskus
    Tolin

    Water from the central pool in the courtyard flows through this room, cascading through a grate in the south wall and then out through the grate to the north. This second grate is nearly completely rusted through; only a few jagged shards of metal remain. Great swaths of mud stain the floor here.

    As the group gets down there, the sounds of slobbery laughter, a woman's cries of distress, and a weird trilling chitter echo into the area from the chamber to the east. These noises burst (they weren't constant) just as Celiss touches down, and Korian and Darrius are on the visible part of the stairs.

    Description to follow ...
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #821
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    This eastern chamber is 25' E-W by 45' N-S. The party comes in closer to the wall on the east end. Six columns support the ceiling. To the west, adjoining the other chamber is a 10' x 10' space. The party has never had need to come here.

    The chamber beyond is where the sounds come from.

    What does the party do?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss barely pauses to say "Let's go," before she speaks something even more unintelligible than Ka'Xet's speech. Arcane words of illusion and protection. After she completes her spell, Celiss feels the surge of magical energy created by it rush through her body. It creates an image of her, then another, then even more, until her form is hidden behind a blurred curtain of light.

    OOC/Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Blur.

    I'm all for going in right away.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  13. - Top - End - #823
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Horrorshow! Head for the bitva!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fantastic! To battle!
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  14. - Top - End - #824
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Soon enough, you find that the mud in here is brutal! Moving through each hex is as if through very difficult terrain (4 squares worth per every square moved).

    Celiss gets around the corner, but the larger room of this basement squishes around the side so she'll have to go more into the open.

    At the far end of the basement (as she turns to look south, about 30' from her position), there is a 7' tall, 300 pound bullywug on one of the very nice chairs that was upstairs (but it is all muddy now). He wears hide armor and a wooden crown with small gemstones, carries a finely crafted greatclub and laughs at a poor woman.

    The woman is Liamae Teslikaria, the last member of the Jade Ravens.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bard// Sorcerer. 5'3" 105 lbs, incredibly beautiful human female. Brown eyes, orange-red hair.
    She wears nothing but a tattered, muddy bedsheet that currently has three spoons and one fork sewn into it.

    Circling around her is a strange insectoid creature that Celiss has never seen.

    Celiss and the crowned bullywug, ostensibly the chieftain, lock eyes.

    Round 1 ...

    R1T24: Already having heard trouble, Tolin moves to come around and a little past Celiss. He shoots at the creature threatening his teammate, but misses.

    R1T22: Zan, quite speedy as well just squishes around the corner and shoots at the thing and also misses.

    R1T20: Celiss, it is 20' to the creature and Liamae, and 10' past them to the bullywug chieftain. Every 5' of movement costs you 20' worth because of the thick, slippery, muddy ground. What do you do?

    Also ... Liamae is horribly wounded. Only adrenaline and fear keep her on her feet. It won't take much to kill her.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-07-02 at 05:08 PM.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss feels a sudden rush of emotion, something she could normally easily lock out when in battle. This time, its far stronger than her normal feelings, and Celiss assumes it must have something to do with the strengthening of her formerly latent fiendish blood. For a moment it feels like another surge of arcane energy is about to flow through her, but Celiss is able to wrestle it down. For a moment, she considers using one of her spells, but decides to engage the enemy immediately. For all she knows, they might try to finish off their captive if they didn't close at once.

    Celiss charges, legs burning as she forces the mud on the floor out of her way before striking at the insect-creature with her rapier, regretting for a moment that she had already used her disabling hand-to-hand strikes earlier.



    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, first I was going to use Mirror Image. Then I realized it'd probably be overkill and we might have another fight after this. Then I thought I'd cast Bull's Strength and move in, getting there next round.

    Then I just decided to charge.

    A: (1d20+9)[23]
    D: (1d6+4)[9]

    I hope my miss chance makes up for the AC penalty.

    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  16. - Top - End - #826
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T20: Celiss feels a sudden rush of emotion, something she could normally easily lock out when in battle. This time, its far stronger than her normal feelings, and Celiss assumes it must have something to do with the strengthening of her formerly latent fiendish blood. For a moment it feels like another surge of arcane energy is about to flow through her, but Celiss is able to wrestle it down. For a moment, she considers using one of her spells, but decides to engage the enemy immediately. For all she knows, they might try to finish off their captive if they didn't close at once.

    Celiss charges, legs burning as she forces the mud on the floor out of her way before striking at the insect-creature with her rapier, regretting for a moment that she had already used her disabling hand-to-hand strikes earlier. But Celiss soon learns that the creature 20' away can only just be reached, and not with a charge .... but with a grueling, double-move action through very difficult terrain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You must have a clear path toward the opponent, and nothing can hinder your movement (such as difficult terrain or obstacles).
    A mixed blessing? On one hand, Celiss can't attack the thing. On the other, this thing seems more interested in Celiss now ... which might give Liamae some breathing room.

    R1T19: The chief takes out a vial and drinks, and his body begins to glow in a manner Celiss recognizes as a shield of faith.

    He says in his burbly, croaking voice, "I see two of the ones I thought my tribe killed or captured, so I am guessing that there is just me. I'm fine with that..."

    R2T18: Kaskus double moves, and just barely clears the adjoining hall.

    R2T17: Liamae, in desperation and emboldened by the heroes, casts a spell (defensively, charm person). "Chief Lorpth, end this. They are here, your tribesman and mate killed. Leave and return to your people in peace."

    R2T16.9: Ka'Xet, it would take you a full MA just to get to a position to see/shoot the insectoid or the chief (both at PB range). Before you come around the corner (assuming you do), you heard Liamae's words, but didn't see that there was a spell behind it. Do you fire-and-forget, or do you wait for a reaction from the chief?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #827
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Activate Burst of Speed

    Get around the corner.

    Fling mind blade at the chief.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  18. - Top - End - #828
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T16.9: Ka'Xet calls on his high metabolism as a xeph and burns around the corner, slogging through the mud as his legs feel the dull ache of lactic acids building, and sees the chief 30' down. Losing no time, his arm whips out and sends his mindblade flying.

    A split second beforehand, Lorpth began to relax and even nod slightly to the woman as if to --- OWWW! as the mindblade hits him in the chest for 5 damage and breaks the charm person Liamae had scored against him.

    R2T16: Lazer flies around the corner fast and furiously, unhindered by the mud and flies to right above Liamae, casts CMW, and gives her 22 healing. She looks much better. Still wounded, but now in the green.

    R2T13: Darrius, you just have enough movement to turn the corner and spit at the insectoid (20') or the chief (30'). What do you do?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius advances to the corner and gets the chief in his sights just long enough to have a good aim and then lets fly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Max out the spit and sighting gloves.

    RTA: (1d20+8)[13]
    Acid: (4d6)[10]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  20. - Top - End - #830
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T13: Darrius advances to the corner and gets the chief in his sights just long enough to have a good aim and then lets fly. The shield of faith almost deflects it, but not quite, and the chief takes 10 acid damage.

    R1T11: Korian just barely slogs around the corner ...

    End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

    R2T24-22: Tolin fires an arrow into the chief's right upper arm for 5 damage. Zan's arrow misses.

    R2T20: Celiss, you are 20' from bizarre creature, and 30' to the chief. What do you do? It takes 4 squares of movement for every 1 square actually moved!
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Deciding at at least do something while she closes, Celiss speaks a few words of lesser arcane power. She knew them well enough that the surge of power wasn't at all a problem - she could do this all day (she had, once, as a test of endurance. It wasn't very enjoyable, but she had done it). The words spoken, Celiss directs the resulting blast of light right in front of the odd insectile creature, as it would probably be her next opponent.

    Her spell cast, Celiss slogs forwards, annoyed by the muck and glad that she can move through it anyways. Perhaps all those days spent wading through mud to collect shiny rocks during her youth had been a good use of her time, after all. It was of more benefit than windosill-climbing training, that was sure.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Flare on the insectoid. You know the drill, DC 17 Fort save or dazzled, yadda yadda.

    Then moving up all ten feet. Racecar mode engaged!

    Also flashbacks, kind of.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-07-08 at 01:51 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  22. - Top - End - #832
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gang, I'm sorry. I never saw Celiss' post until I actually went into the thread.

    R2T20: Deciding at at least do something while she closes, Celiss speaks a few words of lesser arcane power. She knew them well enough that the surge of power wasn't at all a problem. She could do this all day. (She had, once, as a test of endurance. It wasn't very enjoyable, but she had done it). The words spoken, Celiss directs the resulting blast of light right in front of the odd insectile creature, as it would probably be her next opponent. The creatures starts and shakes its head at mid-thorax (or whatever).

    Her spell cast, Celiss slogs forwards, annoyed by the muck and glad that she can move through it anyways. Perhaps all those days spent wading through mud to collect shiny rocks during her youth had been a good use of her time, after all. It was of more benefit than windowsill-climbing training, that was sure.

    R2T19: "It almost worked, Missy!" croaks the bullywug chief as he moves forward. While everyone else slogs around, the bullywug's webbed feat and particular build is perfectly suited for moving unhindered on/through the mud. His greatclub smashes down on her back for 17 damage. Thanks to Lazer's timely magic, however, she is still standing (but back in the red).

    R2T18: "I ain't sure exactly what the bug is," calls Kaskus, "but I seen it before. Ain't no vermin, but some kind of aberration."

    He moves all of 10' with a double move, bringing him on the same plane as Celiss.

    R2T17: Liamae doesn't even try to trudge away from the fast chief in the mud. She sings, but less to be beautiful and more just to help her focus her mind. She uses that focus to cast a spell [shield], and a bulwark of force shimmers in front of her briefly before it is no longer seen.

    "Yes," she calls out, "it's some weird creature - definitely unnatural - that was eating the silverware tied into the bedsheet I'm wearing."

    R2T16.9: Ka'Xet, your burst is still active. Your mindblade is not manifested. You are 20' from critter, and 25' from chief (though you'd have to go around critter and Liamae, which is brutal on movement). However, with the key information Liamae provided, as well as Kaskus, you know what this creature is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a rust monster! You know everything there is to be known about these bizarre creatures.
    What do you do?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #833
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T16.9: Ka'Xet manifests his mindblade and tosses it again at the chief, but the hide armor the bullywug wears is tough and the psi-blade fizzles.

    R2T16: Lazer goes to cast his last CMW on Liamae, but in his attempt to do so defensively .... he fails.

    R2T13: Darrius, what do you do?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius presses the attack, more worried about the chief than a bug, especially if the bug is more interested in silverware than blood.

    Spoiler
    Show
    RTA: (1d20+8)[16]
    Acid: (4d6)[10]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  25. - Top - End - #835
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T13: Darrius presses the attack, more worried about the chief than a bug, especially if the bug is more interested in silverware than blood. The spittle flies and splashes the chief in the side of the head for 10 acid damage.

    R2T11: Korian throws his masterwork pilum at the critter, almost critting it but doing 7 damage .... before the well-crafted metal head corrodes into rusted dust immediately. He then slogs forward 10 feet, shrugging, "Well, it was useful against bullywug shields while it lasted .... but I was never very good at throwing it, anyway."

    Considering it was an expensive masterwork weapon, he is taking the loss rather stoically.

    R2T6: With the greater metal in Lazer's hammer than in the two pieces of silverware remaining on Liamae ... and it prefers more ferrous materials over precious metals anyway ... the rust monster's tentacles lash out at the flying dwarf's warhammer, Gili-Nachum. Lazer is still a little stunned and in shock from his tragic failure in healing Liamae as the hammer is struck ... but Moradin's power is strong in the weapon, keeping it from harm. The weak mandibles of the thing snaps at Liamae.

    End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

    R3T24: With a fantastic failure, Tolin shoots the bow. But on the release, he is holding the arrow while the bow goes sailing until it is in the muck 10' from bug/ Lazer/ Liamae. Tolin curses and moves forward 5' while grabbing both shortswords.

    R3T22: Zan's arrow bounces off the rust monster's hide, but not before the arrowhead is corroded.

    R3T20: Celiss, you are 20' from bug/ Lazer/ Liamae. What do you do?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Judging by the fact that the creature was now targeting Lazer's weapon and had seemingly made an attempt to attack Liamae, Celiss decides that it's a definite threat. This, combined with the fact that Darrius was already sniping at the chieftan and the muck on the ground, leads to her decision to attack the insectoid thing.

    Moving in, glad to finally be in melee range with one of the enemies in the room, Celiss launches a swift jab at the thing.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finally in melee! Shame I can't flurry, oh well.

    Am I flanking with Liamae?

    A: (1d20+7)[16]
    D: (1d6+4)[10]

    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  27. - Top - End - #837
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R3T20: Judging by the fact that the creature was now targeting Lazer's weapon and had seemingly made an attempt to attack Liamae, Celiss decides that it's a definite threat. This, combined with the fact that Darrius was already sniping at the chieftan and the muck on the ground, leads to her decision to attack the insectoid thing.

    She thinks she is happy to move in and attack, but the mud still confounds her, and she only gets 10' before she realizes (after a single, full MA) that she has to spend the rest of her time slogging up to the thing. At least she ends her move in front of it. The bug is now in front of Celiss, and Liamae is to Celiss' Forward-Left (Lazer right above Liamae). Ergo, no flanky.

    R3T19: "Aargh!" yells Lorpth from the acid. In pure spite, he winds up with as much power as he can muster to smash his greatclub against Liamae's right upper arm for 22 damage, which includes, in turn, smashing that into her ribs and causing her to crumple to the ground, unmoving.

    So powerful and thorough his swing, he continues up and slams Lazer in the stomach for a whalloping 21 damage, putting him in the yellow with just one blow.

    R3T18: Kaskus shouts out, "NO! No-no-no-no-no...." as he double moves forward 10' (now 10' from the first line, 5' from Celiss).

    R3T16.9: Ka'Xet?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #838
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Oi! Ye great, manky, barmy addle-cove! How's a bit of in-out in-out with me chiv?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey you loony idiot! How would you like to be penetrated by my blade?


    Ka'Xet flings his mindblade at the chief, manifests another, keeping out of melee.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

  29. - Top - End - #839
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R3T16.9: "Oi!" yells Ka'Xet. "Ye great, manky, barmy addle-cove! How's a bit of in-out in-out with me chiv?" (Which, btw, seems oddly sexual.)

    Ka'Xet flings his mindblade at the chief, manifests another, keeping out of melee. It is a poor toss, and only skims off of the chief's armor because he was slightly exposed after his cleave.

    R3T16: Lazer doesn't give ground, and is in a dilemma. For all he knows, Liamae might already be dead - or she could be dying, increasing urgency. On the other hand, though he is in the yellow .... another strike of a similar nature by a bullywug who can blast through the celestial dwarf's defenses will likely drop him. "Him" being the healer for the entire party.

    If there were no one else to worry about, he would heroically (and foolishly) try to save Liamae in lieu of himself. But the doctor realizes his responsibility is to the whole party.

    He flies back 5', and is now to Celiss' left (and 5' in the air). He casts CLW on himself for max (18) healing, leaving him with a light wound.

    R3T13: Darrius, what do you do?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius tries to start advancing through the muck, simply to close the distance if he has to get into the thick of things. However, he doesn't expend all his effort moving, pausing to spit after wading into the mud.

    Spoiler
    Show
    So yeah, move action forward. I now realize I should have started that much earlier. >.>

    Spit at the Chief

    RTA: (1d20+8)[24]
    Acid: (4d6)[12]


    ...and I just got an image in my head of Darrius offering his small steel mirror to the "bug" like a cookie...
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •