New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

Darrius Wavebreaker
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't visit the Seeker's Lodge that often considering all of the recent training and your own downtime. But at some point during this month, it is assumed you go at least once.

One of the senior members tells you that there is a woman who has travelled some distance to see you, but will only meet you here at the Seeker's Lodge, not about town or at the Manor. You don't meet her there and then, but the senior member is able to set up a date and time. Considering the folk that hang out at the Lodge, it's as safe a place as any and would suit a new party as a good neutral environment. To that end you it's likely you would go.

One of the senior members of the lodge sits in on the meeting as witness. You don't detect evil, and as a sign of trust for all parties, zone of truth is cast by the witness.

"Mr. Wavebreaker, my name is Dragica Ohme, and I am the legal executor for one deceased Mr. Darrius Cross, here to provide you with the only thing known of that he had left behind along with what appears to have been a suicide note."

She cuts off the likely question. "He actually had several small holdings and a couple ships, but bad times, failed voyages, and poor business sense cost him his small fortune. It was rumored he had some side project that was the cause of his final ruin. Pity. They say he was always canny in figuring out what would happen next. The curse of the fortuneteller, I guess ... relying too heavily on the cloud of the changeable future.

"Anyway, here are the items. The note, and this."

She sets forth a wax-sealed parchment rolled in a black ribbon, but the whole looks a little worse for wear. The other item is some roughly long, not-quite cylindrical object wrapped fully in felt. She hands you the note first. The cheap wax seal is that of a simple cross super-imposed over a 'D'.
    Darrius,

I have been watching you for some time, and I know you have been looking for me. I am sorry for not having responded sooner, but if I had, it would have been too late.

I am proud of what you are about to do. I knew the current Lady Vanderboren's parents, having travelled with them briefly. Fine folk, less so their son. Regardless of your talents, a noble patron is always a good thing. Breaking the Lotus Dragons guild, and then striking into Kraken's Cove to learn what will truly shape your destiny.

You have chosen your path well, keeping within Destiny's realm, keeping pure your heart, and yet enjoying what is free will as well ... fates do change. You never knew what my combat skill was based upon, and yet intuitively you will have chosen the path divergently set by Hleidson; his is the path of feral power, but yours is the realm of stealth and focus. I saw you adopt your shadow dragon heritage while remaining pure - Good's dark avenger - and that you would include study of the Sublime much as I did. I focused on Shadow Hand and Diamond much as you will have begun.

Vanthus' treachery, Kraken's Cove, your leanings towards my religious affiliation with Procan, and the voyage - even as you read at the knowledge of my passing on - you have decided to undertake with your brothers-in-arms, these are all part of a greater horror that you must undertake to learn yourself. I hid from you my powerful psychic abilities as a seer, and it has cost me dearly. By peering into the future before it has unfolded, horrors and dread multiply because I had not yet readied for it.

So, you must ready for it. When my mind suffered what was seen by my spirit, I knew that my time in this world could no longer be. I have put all of my being, my self, my knowledge, my creativity, and spirit into Nighteater. He is my final gift to you. It is a part of me. Just as your friends share in your destiny and are tied to objects of power so, too, are you and Nighteater. Do not feel that 'he' must always be used, but is always there when most you need him.

As for me, the world shall see me no longer after this letter. I shall finish myself and my body will be gone, blasted without a trace. Nothing will be left for resurrections or the like. No ability to contact my spirit will be possible. I am ready for another kind of life, and in passing on, I will have become another, as is the way with all sentients.

Don't let Shadow Hand rule you like I fought with it. Your heritage will make it tougher for you. Remember the power of Good that channels through you and seek that balance. Procan and the gods speed you on this marvelous and glorious journey.

These are the final words of Darrius Cross, his will having already been submitted to Ohme, Ohme, and Harrier, Esq.

Darrius Cross,
    17 Planting 587 CY

By the way, the current year is 589 CY.

Unrolling the wrapped and folded black velvet, you see a short sword of a somewhat darker hue, but overall it appears to be a normal short sword. By normal, it doesn't even appear to be masterwork. The pommel is diamond-shaped. There are a pair of black hands, barely visible, etched on the underside of the blade at the medium (mid-blade). The maker's mark (also the underside of the blade) is the same cross-on-a-D as the wax seal.

As soon as you pick it up, you instantly recognize it for what it is .... instinctively, though the adornments on a "mundane" short sword help you. It is a +1 Diamond Mind Shadow Hand short sword. (See, ToB, p 148-9 for a description.)
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-02 at 05:02 AM.
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #902

The Voyage to Come
    Using her mother's journal and extensive charts, Lavinia (with Ka'Xet's help) has already plotted her course for the expedition. She intends to hut the coast of the Amedio Jungle until she reaches the far side of the peninsula, at which point she plans to sail more or less directly south from there to the Isle of Dread. The voyage itself covers just over 3,000 miles. Including stops to resupply here and there, and assuming fair weather and minimal mishaps along the way, Lavinia estimates that the entire journey should not take much more than three months.

Securing a Vessel
    Lavinia needs a second ship to make the voyage; she can't carry all of the supplies and colonists on the Blue Nixie alone. She's looking for another caravel-class ship, but with her expenses tied up elsewhere, she can't afford the cost of hiring one (let alone purchasing one for ~ 10K gold). The easiest solution to this dilemma is the Sea Wyvern, a perfectly-sized ship that escaped the inferno at Kraken's Cove in the previous adventure. Lavinia has the Blue Nixie sailed there (with the PCs aboard for security) and lays formal claim to it, where it remains moored at the cove, safe and sound. Local salvage laws grant ownership of any found vessel like this, so the Sea Wyvern is for the taking. Sailing the Blue Nixie there and having a minimal 7-man crew to sail it back to Sasserine goes without event and only takes a few days' work.

Securing a Crew
    The Sea Wyvern requires a crew of at least seven to sail, and can comfortably accomodate up to 30 people on a long voyage (although there is bunk space for 22, and additional 8 can sleep on mats in the galley or the forward hold, if necessary). The Wyvern will set out with a total of 22 passengers (including crew) for the voyage.

Crew of the Sea Wyvern...
    1. Darrius Wavebreaker is named Captain of the Sea Wyvern.
    2. Rabbi Cohen as the First Officer.
    3. Ka'Xet is the ship's navigator.
    4. Amella Venkalie, a former smuggler captain herself, is the ship's boatswain.
    5. One-Eye(d) Willy ..... ??????
    6. Urol Forol, is a gnome naturalist that also serves as the coxswain.
    7. Tavey Nesk, a young and excited lad, is the Sea Wyvern's cabin boy and idolizes One-Eye Willy.

Supplies and Cargo
    The Sea Wyvern's hold, storage lockers, and other areas must carry at least 60 tons of supplies for Farshore, leaving an additional 60 tons of space for supplies. Then tons of this space is consumed by repair supplies for the ship itself. A further 10 tons for food, water, and other miscellaneous supplies for the passengers and crew which would leave 40 tons of space. A nobleman's horse, Thunderstrike, takes up another 10 tons with a pen and feed. That leaves 30 tons of space that Lavinia suggests using any remaining space to load up on additional supplies for the colony.

Armaments
    The Sea Wyvern is not currently outfitted with any siege weapons. If Lavinia had the money to do so (and her funds are tied up elsewhere for this voyage), the PCs could a ballista or catapult. The Sea Wyvern can accomodate up to two ballistae OR on light catapult. Because of money and time constraints, the party cannot get this weaponry before sail.

Does anyone have any final business in Sasserine?
    Celiss, you still need to purchase equipment. Once we are under sail, you can't ret-con or choose in-situ what you need.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-08 at 02:44 AM.
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #903
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

What wouldn't I give for a pushka. Addle-coved world when it comes to tech. What high up must I give appy polly loggies to for getting hipped to this realm?

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation: Inasmuch as I'd like a cannon, I realize that I am on a world that hasn't quite developed that level of technology.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

During the voyage to lay claim to the Sea Wyvern, Darrius becomes slightly detached, and spends his now quite long nights at the aft of the ship staring out over the water. In the dead of night, likely when he thinks no one is watching or he's slid into the shadows, he'd pull out his blade and merely study it, or study a small bit of wax that looks like half of a seal, which isn't holding up well now that he's been carrying it around. If anyone asks of his mood, he waves it off and says he got a bit of news he's mulling over.

Upon return to Sasserine and the loading of the Sea Wyvern for the voyage to come he throws himself into his new role as captain, perhaps with a little too much gusto. He is not overbearing, but perhaps a little bit too excited with the honor and responsibility. He directs people on the ship here and there, mostly doing things they were already doing anyway, but doing so seems to please him greatly nonetheless. At least, until he notices a horse being brought on board. At that, he immediately requests to whom it belongs and (if they are not with the horse at the time) to speak with them immediately, and if Lazer is available asks him to come along to speak with this noble as well.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

5. - Top - End - #905

Ka'Xet
    Spoiler
    Show
    By the way, Lazer has picked up your strange patois (a language until itself) so completely that he can use it with you (and only with you ... huh) with no loss of comprehension. Unless, of course, you are talking nonsensically anway. The DM isn't even going to try to do that. However, I do recognize that your 'translation' on the second sentence doesn't quite fit.

Gunpowder, it so happens ... is NOT unknown. Dunh-dunh-dunh! It's just that it is rare, comes from far-off lands, and tends to be ridiculously expensive. But, yes, while you've never seen one yourself, a "pushka" (as you call it) is a magical (because you don't know gunpowder as being anything other than magical) siege weapon that spits fire and metal.

Rabbi Cohen answers Ka'Xet in the latter's tongue [which the DM will not try to duplicate]: "They're too expensive, at least in Sasserine, and as like to blow up in your face and kill everyone around you as not."

The noble to whom this horse must be allowed is one Avner Meravanchi. Lavinia (who, I guess, is effectively a 'commodore' since she is overall in charge of this expedition ... two ships) says that the ships cannot sail without him. This voyage would not have been possible without his (and his family's) incredible support.

He comes a half-hour late on his magnificent steed Thunderstrike, as well as with two servants. The horse is, if anything, as spoiled as Avner ... and it will end up taking another half-hour just to get the horse in the pen. In that time, Avner has been working himself up into a frenzy, and this is the time that Captain Wavebreaker and his Mr. Cohen were called down. He had discovered that there was this ruckus.

When he gets there, Avner is incensed that he has to sleep with other "commoners" in the forward barracks, and demands his own accommodations. Several other people are down there now with him, though Lavinia is on her ship with her crew, having waited for Meravanchi to arrive so the voyagers can set the maneuvering watch. Amella, Father Feres (a priest), Urol Fogol, Korian, and a woman named Lirith are all down there right now.

Darrius, what do you do/ suggest?
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you openly come up with an idea and try to negotiate or intimidate directly, someone else can Aid you. However, if their skill is higher ... they may give you a better Aid, but it is still your modifier.

Mr. Cohen is far and away a better negotiator (+12, +14 since Avner - despite his tantrum - is of Sasserine, compared to your +6/ +8, and Celiss' +9/ +11). You might come up with an idea openly (or whispered), but it's up to you if you want to seem more aloof and working through delegation or not ... and what effect that might have on the rest of the crew.

If you wish to Intimidate .... You and Celiss both have a +8, Mr. Cohen has a +10, and Korian now has a +11. Intimidating, however, is where I WILL allow multiple persons to Aid. Only a few silver tongues can assuage someone, but the masses can shout down one.

Ka'Xet, do you go down there, or do you stay clear of this battle politic?

Celiss, how about you? Do you go down there to help out or add a presence?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The following post assumes that room there with the single bed is captains quarters, and is therefore going to Darrius. If not, then the post is likely trash.

Darrius heads to end the commotion immediately, seeking out this Avner and striding up to him quite directly. At this time Darrius is still dressed in his tailored finery, but has the rather plain blade at his hip quite clearly available. He stops just out of arms reach from Avner, but not so far as to not leave the threat of an impending blade impossible, should it come to that. He looks the man over once and briefly closes his eyes to do something he's never really done before, 'This isn't something I normally do, but Procan give me strength.'

After the brief and rather informal mental invocation of strength his eyes flick back open with a wicked sort of smile, "Mr. Meravanchi, I had thought you'd be sailing on the Nixie with our lovely Lady. Her loss, I'm sure. I'm also sure you'll be wanting to stay on this ship, and not find yourself in desperate need of Procan's grace, should these... commoners, as you say, find it in their best interests to help you try to board the Nixie mid-voyage."

He spreads his arms and his smile lifts into a more welcoming grin, "I'm sure there will be no need of that, aye? Indeed, while you're on my ship you'll be treated as a passenger of the highest class for your generous support of this expedition. The captains quarters will be vacant, and you can stay there all day and night for the whole voyage, with the obvious exception of any moments when I might need private counsel with any particular soul aboard. Otherwise, should you feel the need to continue to make a disturbance, you can sleep with your horse."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intended tone is intimidating, which probably won't end well, but after thinking about it for a bit, it seems to be the best fit for Darrius. Throwing himself into captaincy, and he's known at least a few... shall we say grumpy captains? Most of them via his brothers and their griping, no doubt. Plus, he's sure taking the horse on board is cruel, probably. >.> So yeah, he's a little snippy and snappy.

(1d20+8)[17]

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

7. - Top - End - #907

The attempt to intimidate him is totally lost on him, simply because the offer is probably even better than he could have hoped.

"The Captain's Quarters?" he says with suddenly hearty cheer. "Caaaptain Waavebreaker ..... You are wise as you are kind. I humbly accept your generous offer, though please remember that I am still Lord Meravanchi, and yet your indebted servant."

Urol Forol pipes up, "I'd be happy to show him to your quarters, Captain."

Lord Avner is quite pleased that this little gnome seems willing to act the part of valet. One of his servants (Barnaby Chisk) does sleep with the horse (a groomer), while the other servant goes with him (Quenge Asper). It seems like a mixed bag for the haughty lord, as no sooner do they start walking off than the gnome naturalist pesters the hell out of the lord concerning Thunderstrike's excellent pedigree.

There are a few members of the crew not assigned particular positions, but all who are ABSs (Able Bodied Seamen) share the task of helming the boat and working the rigging, regardless of actual position. While it takes a minimum crew of seven to pilot the Sea Wyvern, a few extra crewmembers were hired.

It is important to note that with such a small crew, persons that might otherwise be officers are not here. Officers function as extensions of the captain, and have NO bearing on the specialty of their skills. Note the changes ...
    1. Captain (Officer): Darrius Wavebreaker
    2. First Mate/ Surgeon (Officer): Mr. Cohen
    3. Boatswain (Officer): Amella Venkalie
    4. Pilot (Officer): Ka’Xet
    5. Mage: Celiss Nightrom
    6. Master-at-Arms/ Cook: One-Eyed Willy
    7. Prelate: Father Feres
    8. Rigger: Lirith Veldirose
    9. Windsinger: Urol Forol
    10. Deckhand: Skald
    11. Non-Qual: Korian, spends most of his time in the crow's nest, swapping out most times with Skald.
    12. Cabin Boy: Tavey Nesk, non-qual (likewise does the dirty jobs)

Time for roll-call before sailing out, and all crew (above) show.
    Spoiler
    Show
    All of you have received E-mails with the pictures of Amella, Father Feres, Lirith, Urol, and Skald.

One-Eyed Willy reminds you of Darrius before his skin became almost shadowy-black. This one, however, has primarily black - not shadowy, but black - skin and various white markings on the body. On his shoulder is a parrot.

He is 5' 5" tall, 176 pounds, and dresses sparsely beyond his sharkskin armor. He carries a small club or mace at his belt that seems to have bizarre pieces or mechanical workings attached to it. He also carries a finely wrought rapier that has a bow engraved on the blade, and the figure of a woman as the grip. Despite the rapier, and quality of his bizarre club, he belies his savage nature with several animal horns at his belt - probably trophies of previous kills. He completes the classic vision of the seafarer with a patch on his left eye and a tricorne hat. On his shoulder is a parrot.
    Darrius
    Spoiler
    Show
    Only you recognize this "man" with black skin and various white patches as a darfellan, a humanoid that seem to have traits of killer whales in them. They are wild and crazy savages that are not normally to be trusted in more urbane company.

That said, you are also knowledgeable of strange combat weapons and styles. Just because someone heard of something (Ka'Xet and Lazer) doesn't mean they have any ability to recognize it when they see it ... which they didn't.

The small club at his belt is a musket pistol. The animal horns are actually storage for doses of some alchemical powder used to fire these handheld siege engines. The nature of its working (supernatural, magical, or what-have-you) is beyond your knowledge, but you are actually seeing one of these things for the first time ... that which is referred to as a "firearm."

Advanced weaponry, rapier ... no, it is not likely that this darfellan - an earthy sort that works in the scullery but is focused enough on discipline when he needs to be - is any kind of savage.

Tavey Nesk, the cabin boy, is the captain's messenger, but the boy runs around in a tricorne as well, with a patch, and a little toy stuffed parrot on his shoulder. When he really feels bored, he puts pitch on parts of his face and hands to make it look like light and dark marks on his skin. No doubt the captain or others will be annoyed and have him stop, but invariably he will start up again.

Hero worship that doesn't hurt anyone. What can you do.

It is time to leave. The maneuvering watch is set. Captain Wavebreaker (who rolls a '1') receives ample aid from his first officer and from his sailor's bracers that despite a last-minute lack of confidence for this monumental task, he capably commands Amella to weigh anchor and to pilot the ship out of the harbor, following out the Blue Nixie.

This is a worthy first captain's log entry .... the sail of the Sea Wyvern underway under his command on Freeday, 21 Wealsun 589 CY.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-13 at 04:10 AM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #908

HalflingRangerGuy

Ka'Xet is so excited to get underway, his patois changes.

Arrr, me hearties! 'Tis a fine morn t' be sailin'! Off t' horizons unknown and lands unexplored! Cap'n, wi' a bit o' luck and a fair wind, we should be ahead of PIM in short order.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

9. - Top - End - #909

Darrius, for all of the knowledge of sailing imparted to you by the souls of hundreds of sailors past ... you have no idea what PIM is. It's something you should be "ahead of" ... you get that, but not its significance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is NOT a slam against any anachronism srgonzo might be using. PIM is a perfectly acceptable term, given I don't know what the 'real' term might have meant.

PIM = Point of Intended Movement. Given a speed and track, this is a "moving point" for estimated movement. If you are "ahead of PIM" you are making good time, better than what is estimated and then detracted based on anything which might hold up ship's speed (including various necessary housekeeping evolutions).

Celiss, a brilliant navigator in her own right, well knows what PIM means.

The problem here is something that is being uncovered only now. For all of the well-writ tests, the "assumption" of Darrius' testing was that he had at least a passing knowledge of navigation (K: Geography). He doesn't. At all. And this was a terrible error.

This may well make him a liability. A good captain should have at least 4 to 7 ranks in this skill. It doesn't matter if he has a great navigator. The captain himself needs this knowledge upon which to make command decisions. You'll probably defer most of your decisions about sailing intentions to your First Mate until you can shore up that penalty.

For all of the Knowledge skills among Incarnate, Rogue, and Swordsage you get? K: Geography is not among them. This means that instead of 1 rank = 4 effective (1+3), 1 rank is only 1 rank. Unless you are going to give up your captaincy if this weakness becomes apparent over sail, that means you will have to spend fully 4 skill points/ ranks to achieve the minimum learning base to be an effective captain.

Darrius himself might not realize this .... but it can become apparent and brutal in due time.
    With Mr. Kahir's (Ka'Xet's) remark, Darrius realized from the formal acronym it wasn't the xeph's "pirate patois" but something important that was beyond him. He was surprised enough trying to mull it over but tried to hide giving away that he wasn't sure what it meant. The xeph is too excited by sea travel to have noticed, but the First Mate studies Darrius as the latter tries to keep from showing any vulnerability.

Mr. Cohen take his eyes off the captain and looks forward casually. "Captain, with your permission, I'd like to meet with you on the poop and leave conning to Ms. Venkalie. She's very experienced, we're simply following the Nixie, and the harbor and outsea is calm."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-15 at 01:59 AM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #910

HalflingRangerGuy

Dr. Cohen, I think I'll join you.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius seems slightly less enthusiastic as he comes to this realization, but Lazer is perhaps his saving grace, both dragging his attention from overly dwelling his shortcomings and offering to pull him away. No doubt the canny dwarf picked up on his hesitation. He nods, "Very well, Doctor. After you."

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

12. - Top - End - #912

Mr. Cohen says, "No, Mr. Kahir, take the conn."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ka'Xet, either you are good-naturedly wanting to chat, or possibly you (the player) didn't understand that your PC did not notice that the Captain didn't understand PIM. Either way, and this is a new dynamic for Ka'Xet, when the First Mate asks the Captain for a chat, unless invited - even though you are next in line for command - that doesn't usually include you.

Yup. You know what I mean ... the CO and the XO playing "I got a secret." It's not just a modern convention.

Though he could fly easily enough, his wings are folded must of the time aboard ship (and he is able to change his shape, it seems, to get rid of them so he can bunk down at night ... neat trick), and he likes the movement of the ship. He scrambles up the stairs happily to watch the City of Sasserine starting to fall behind (the ship still parallels the outer harbor on both sides. He looks out over the fantail to the wake below.

As Darrius comes up, Lazer doesn't look at him so much as acknowledge him ... as two men simply looking aft and enjoying the view.

"Let me guess. The panel that approved your captaincy were so enamored of your general seafaring and shiphandling knowledge that they took the most basic function of being an officer - navigation - for granted."

Celiss, as ship's mage, your job in that capacity is on an as-needed basis. Otherwise, it's up to you whether you would pitch (get it? wooden boats? pitch? never mind) in to help, or to be a prima donna from hell (literally on the last). What do you see yourself doing?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, you never got back to me on equipment.

One-Eyed Willy, you were given word by Lady Lavinia that there was going to be a feast tonight on the Blue Nixie for both crews (net lashings to keep the ships together). It is supposed to be a lavish at-sea meal. For fun and flavor (literally and campaign-wise), what do you see yourself making? Though annoying, your little fanboy Tavey Nesk can at least be your minion in the scullery.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

Celiss, using the magic of the hat she recently acquired, changes her appearance to the one she had before her most recent change. Something about hiding her heritage entirely didn't sit right with her, but she didn't like how far removed from humanity she had become...even if she did like it, to an extent. It was annoying, having such conflicting emotions. The fact that her anger at that rose so quickly was only another sign of the strange changes she was going through.

Instead of the strange wings she has, Celiss uses the magic to 'paint over' them, giving them a more draconic, pure-black appearance.

With this in place, Celiss helps the crew with tasks when it seems like a strong pair of hands are needed (and when they don't seem particularly bothered by her appearance). Despite her changes and interest in mental pursuits, there was something calming about the light excercise* involved in work on a ship.

*Ok, maybe not for normal people, for for someone with 16 Strength I can imagine it's a lot less strenuous.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

14. - Top - End - #914

Darrius/ One-Eye (as above) ...

Celiss ... you help with rigging for sea travel. You are especially good at helping unfurl the sail at the upper yardarm. Though you are not the best flyer, you are able to flap your wings to help you around with the rope and more safely deal with the unsafe top-of-yardarm than subjecting one of the other crew to that danger that otherwise need not deal with it.

The primary rigger, Lirith Veldirose, is quite strong. But she still isn't as strong as Celiss; and she's the strongest member of the crew if you don't count your fellow adventurers. She is a lot more agile than yourself, however, even moreso than any other member of the entire ship, possibly. She seems like someone who was born for sea travel, and is the perfect rigger - practically a monkey on the rigging.

RET-CON: Mr. Kahir would have to take the helm. The boatswain (Venkalie) is too busy giving orders for rigging the ship out.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-17 at 02:42 AM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius nods as he watches Sasserine, "Aye, in my rather enthusiastic bid for captain, I never really considered it. I've only ever been on a boat a few times, and most of them have been in your company by now. Before I've been passenger or just another crewman, never even thought of as officer material. I could barely point you to where we were just days ago, much less navigate to our new destination..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, so, random thought. Would it be possible to spend time retraining Shape Soulmeld Worg Pelt to Open Mind to snag 5 skill points over the course of this voyage?

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #916

Lazer nods and says, "Well, you're far better than I would be at using a stoic demeanor to show no lack of understanding, and I'll be with you when the Mr. Kahir wants us to check the charts. Otherwise, I am willing to train you. If you start to get lost, if I may dare, Captain, delegate to me.

"And don't underestimate yourself. You were always officer material.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well .... you could do that. It's just that Worg Pelt was kinda' your "thing." Then again, you started out with worg pelt, and then discovered your shadow nature. Perhaps the two sources compete until the heritage overcomes the choice in the case of being a Dark creature, and only in the case of stealth.

Actually, it WOULD make for great RP, considering that DC already warned you that the powers of the Shadow Hand were something you always had to work at to keep from falling into. Perhaps this feat "retraining" is an initial loss of maintenance, spurring into your stronger pursuit of the light of Good so as not to lose something else again next time.

That's not the only option. There is simply retraining out a (only one) skill of no more than 4 skill points in combination with actual, old fashioned training at next level. If you still want to be Captain Wavebreaker, that is.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius smirks, "You are a good friend to say so, Lazer. This is something I've committed myself to, and I'm strong enough to admit I do need the help, so anything you could offer would be greatly appreciated."

Spoiler
    Show
    I like the idea of throwing himself into it and leaving behind the stealth a bit to really become a decent captain. Plus, holding onto the pelt with my current soulmeld arrangement or, really, any arrangement soon enough is going to be hard given limited slots and whatnot.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

18. - Top - End - #918

HalflingRangerGuy

A strong nor'wester's blowing, Bill;
    Hark! don't ye hear it roar now?
    Lord help 'em, how I pities them
    Unhappy folks on shore, now.

Ka'Xet mans the helm, completely delighted to steer the ship.

19. - Top - End - #919

Perhaps it is only because of his unfettered joy at helming a ship for the first time that Ka'Xet surprises with a decent job of singing a shanty. Mind you, he doesn't have a "pure tone" voice at all. It is still strange and rough.

Still, even if it is the oddness of watching him, it is a pretty enjoyable.

Amella joins in as she directs the other hands. For a woman, her voice isn't a "pure" voice, but still a little moreso than Ka'Xet's. She does a fair job of backing him up.

One-Eye, you can tell someone is singing up there, though you can't get much of the voice. Since several passengers are topside enjoying the outbound voyage, there is the thump-thump-thump of feet stamping to the rhythym of some song. It is up to you if it is annoying, or provides some sense of comfort.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

The cook taps his foot in time to the music as he continues deftly chopping vegetables, and is reminded of better days. Younger days when he was a lookout, sharp-eyed as they-

"OY! Either get tae peelin' them taters, or get the 'ell OUT OF MY KITCHEN, ya little brat! AND TAKE OFF THAT DAMNED EYEPATCH!!"

The darfellan turns, half a carrot in one hand and a large knife in the other.

"You think I'd wear this gods-be-damned thing IF ME EYE COULD SEE?? WHERE'S YER RESPECT!?"

He hooks his carrot-hand's thumb under his eyepatch and displays the blank, smoothly scarred patch of white skin underneath, glaring at the poor cabin boy with his good eye.

With that, Willy turns back to his chopping.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

21. - Top - End - #921

The music is interrupted by a roaring shout from below. It seems like there is danger, but Amella turns to Mr. Kahir and says, "It's just One-Eyed Willy, our cook. He's got as flavorful a personality as the food he cooks."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #922

HalflingRangerGuy

biggrin Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

'Tis a choodessny crarking from Polly, it is. Guff for our bolshy bratchny and make with the gromky goloss

Spoiler
    Show
    He's doing some good shouting. Laugh for the big sailor and sing loudly.

As I was a-walking down Paradise Street, yo ho and blow the man down, I chanced 'pon a damsel fair pretty to meet, yo ho and blow the man down...

Ka'Xet continues sing as he steers, following the lead ship.

23. - Top - End - #923

The Sea Wyvern follows the Blue Nixie out into open ocean, but with the Amedio coastline visible to the south as the ship's head somewhat ENE-erly.

Tavey Nesk, is the ship's cabin-boy (though not technically a member of the crew). He often chooses to sleep on deck, even in the crow's nest at times. Crewmembers sleep in the bunks at the ship's stern (each of the bunks shown on the map are two bunks high). The captain sleeps with them. Avner Meravanchi, of course, now sleeps in the captain's cabin.

Anyone not a member of the crew is a passenger. Korian is not a crew member, having no skill at seamanship, but his incredible senses, decent weather eye, and climbing skills are well-received; he sleeps on deck or in the crow's nest. The forward barracks on the ships lower deck contain five relatively cramped bunks, three beds high. After the crew, Tavey, and Korian, the remaining 15 passengers all sleep here. Some of them may choose, at times, to sleep elsewhere (on deck above on nice nights, or even slumped in a chair in the galley). None of these passengers carry anything like a weapon, and likewise none of them seem to be any kind of adventurer or exceptional.

Provisions are loaded out for an 83-day voyage, just barely enough to reach the Isle of Dread; Lavinia intends on restocking food at friendly ports during the voyage. If food runs low due to delays or what-have-you, the captain may have to put crew and passengers on rations.

Once the voyage is underway, Lavinia sends a message via a rowboat piloted by one of her crew - she wants to invite the PCs, the crew of the Wyvern, and Avner Meravanchi over to the Blue Nixie to celebrate the start of the expedition that evening. Captain Wavebreaker - who was too busy with maneuvering watch to really think about food - now understands why perhaps-too-sumptuous smelling food was wafting up from the scullery. He knows that in such a case, the ships will do a line/ pulley/ net seat arrangement.

It isn't necessary to post a watch, but he could if he wanted to. Doing so, however, means that one of his crew would not enjoy the feast.

Darrius, what do you do? Do you allow all members of the crew to enjoy the meal as offered by Lavinia? or, do you post a watch anyway, perhaps making that person feel singled out for whatever might have been offered?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-25 at 02:17 AM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius's first instinct is to not post a watch, but a dull throbbing ache works its way up his arms and the faintest of whispers filter through the back of his mind. The more he dwells on it or not posting a watch the louder the voices become until a hundred thousand voices quarrel in his thoughts. Outwardly he falters for but a moment, his bracers growing brighter for a half moment before they fade to a mostly inert state. He closes his eyes, and they drag as he forces them back open. With the bit of soulfire gone from the bracers for the moment the voices fade almost entirely, but their intent was clear indeed. He simply can't not post a watch.

He glances to Lazer, "Mr. Cohen, would you please locate Korian and request that he remain on watch, despite not actually being part of the crew?"

Spoiler
    Show
    >.> I hope you don't mind the creative bit of the bracer's influence. Sailors can be a rowdy bunch, and it seemed appropriate. XD Plus, its a better post than a one liner. >.<

The dialog assumes Korian isn't just right there to ask directly. I'd think crow's nest, maybe? And a wingy dwarf means we don't have to yell. >.> Darrius doesn't like yelling. >.<

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #925

Mr. Cohen flies up, and then down again in short order. "He's more than happy to not have to go to a feast. The food may be good, but he does not care for the puffery. However, the cost of this watch is that we save him some meat."

As dusk falls, the two ships close and a line is thrown between the two, a pulley is attached, and a net seat is hoisted, allowing for safe crossing between the two ships. Lavinia looks very fine that evening, dressed in a silk shirt, jewelry, and dress. She leads her guests into the ship's galley; the Blue Nixie is a bit bigger than the Sea Wyvern, and even after only a couple days, the party should feel relieved to get a little bit more elbow room. (Though this was the first day of the voyage, the crew was living on the ship just prior to launch for preparations.) A fine spread is laid out on the table, including grouse, peacock, and elven wine imported from Celene. Complementing this are some of the best and most succulent vegetable and fish dishes that the Wyvern's own cook, One-Eyed Willy, had made.

Now is an excellent opportunity for the party to interact with Lavinia, the Jade Ravens (The Caller, Kaskus Hebel Kiel, Tolin Kientai, Zan Oldavin), the Wyvern's officers (Captain Wavebreaker, Mr. Cohen, Mr. Kahir, Ms. Venkalie), and the crew (One-Eyed Willy, Urol Forol, Celiss Nightrom, Father Feres, Lirith Veldirose, and Skald)....
    Show

26. - Top - End - #926

Crew of the Sea Wyvern

One-Eye Willy .... please describe yourself and your demeanor to the rest of the PCs.

Amella Venkalie (Boatswain)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A slight but powerful woman with fine blonde hair tied neatly back from her forehead. Amella dresses to fight and sail rather than to please the eye. A thin scar graces her right cheek.

Amelia is rather foul-mouthed, fond of uttering oaths only heard in the worst dockside taverns. Confident, haughty, and astute, she does not suffer fools gladly.

Though overseeing things as the bo'sun, there can be no stand-around supervisors, and she has proven herself to have incredible balance and acrobatic skill. Her knowledge of seamanship, if it weren't for the PCs, would do her in good stead as her own captain. She can be damned intimidating, also acts as the ship's carpenter, and surprises the PCs by being rather well-read on a variety of subjects .... but she doesn't portray those subjects "urbanely." (Think of the esoteric knowledge Capt Barbossa, the various pirate captains, and Calypso all had in "Pirates of the Caribbean.")
    One-Eye only...
    Spoiler
    Show
    She makes few attachments, having buried one husband - a dashing sea captain named Heldram Flashwell. They once ran a smuggling operation some distance from Sasserine, but were betrayed by a group of shifty gnomes led by a treacherous cur named Shortstone Badgewell - it was this cruel gnome who murdered her husband. This event has left her with a poor opinion of gnomes, and she doesn't seem to care for Urol Fogol at all. She makes friends slowly, but once someone has earned her trust, she's quite loyal despite her carefree attitude.

She is a bard// rogue (pirate). She is quite an actress, which has proven quite useful in the past as a smuggler.

Urol Fogol (Windsinger)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Urol is a bent old gnome who constantly squints when he looks. He carries the odor of the land about with him, an odor that most find not too pleasant. He is talkative and chipper except when the subject of the natural world comes up, whereupon he flies into a frenzy of excited stuttering bliss, expounding upon obscure and often strangely fascinating (to him, at least) bits of lore.

Urol has actually been to the Isle of Dread before, although his stay, in his words, was, "Unfortunately short due to events beyond my control, I might add! We've certainly nothing to fear this time around!"

He demanded to be part of Lavinia's expedition when he learned about it, and indeed his knowledge of the Isle could greatly help the colonists of Farshore. Urol has a strange fascination with poisonous creatures, and his nerve-wracking collection of spiders and snakes is often the subject of whispered talk on the Sea Wyvern.

Urol frequently evokes Amelia's anger during the voyage, despite his best efforts to win her friendship. As the weeks go by, it may fall to the PCs to keep him out of her hair.

Though an ABS, he prides himself on overland orienteering, survival skills, and especially natural lore. Truthfully, his art in the last well surpasses any other member of the party, and he is able to do an outstanding job of looking at weather patterns. He claims to have the ability to figure out the native languages of pretty much any group the party may come across ... but that has yet to be proven. As a windsinger, he will usually take daytime shifts in the crow's nest to look for weather patterns, and the wizened gnome has a surprisingly sharp eye.

Though too small (and old and weak now) to try to row a boat for Medium creatures, his skill at canoeing in his younger days may be useful when it comes to boating and vocally guiding others.

One-Eye only...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Druid// Voyageur ... the latter is like the French-Canadian pioneers that were good at survival skills, orienteering, boating, and language skills. Primarily an NPC class, but surprisingly useful on such a voyage.

Though he is old, there is no doubt that he was quite a fine physical specimen in his prime. Even now, he is quite capable of keeping up his efforts in a storm.

Father Feres (Prelate)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Father Feres was hired by Lavinia, and he is a priest of Heironeous. He is a middle-aged man who is at once relatively pleasant and relatively bland. Given the bombastic nature of most Heironean priests, perhaps that is for the best. Beyond this, he doesn't really interact with anyone unless someone interacts with him. He is not an ABS, but the only cleric who was willing be a colonist to "help heal savages of their desperate and chaotic ways."

Lirith Veldirose (Rigger)
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has a surprisingly fair amount of jewelry for a sailor, instead of "incidental/ trinket" jewelry ... but everyone on the seas has their own story. She is a redheaded tomboy who likes to wear flamboyant scarves and silks. She is quite strong, as being the primary rigger on a ship will make one.

She's been a sailor for only the past year. She intends to work hard while she can, then retire early to some fabulous island. She really loves to show off on the ship with her amazing agility. Unfortunately, at dinner, she uses a lot of bluster and bragging ... it's hard to tell what's true or not, but there are some fish too big to swallow.

One-Eye...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fighter (Corsair)// Rogue. She is incredibly fast on the draw with her sword, and though you've never had to face off, it might be interesting to see who is faster ... she with her sword, or you with a pistol.

Skald (Deckhand)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skald is a shifty-looking, hunch-shouldered character with pale skin, a nasal
    voice, and unsettling eyes. He is 6' 2", 175 lbs with brown eyes, brown, shoulder-length hair. His somewhat pointed ears with vaguely almond eyes may betray elven ancestry, though he seems oddly tall for that.

At dinner, he simply eats, not even being polite enough to say "Thank you, pass the salt," or what-have-you. He simply nods and does. Everyone feels uneasy around him. However, the feast is so good and there are so many people enjoying themselves there, that he is easily overlooked and forgotten.

One-Eye
    Spoiler
    Show
    Many crews have the unlucky crewmember. He doesn't have to harbor ill will (though the unlucky often do), but something about their presence really seems to bode ill by their having been signed aboard. The thing about Luckless Ones, is that trying to get rid of them passes that ill fate onto a crew .... as if the crew killed an albatross. Various postulations exist on how a ship can probably "exorcise" a Luckless. Lavinia signed him in with the crew, even though Venkalie lost her ship and thought (as did the rest of you) that you'd be free of him.

And so, the bad luck continues .... and it was his presence that likely caused the untimely betrayal by Flashwell. (Rumors exist that he may have even somehow had a hand and is biding his time to receive what kickbacks he may). His very presence even causes unease among other passengers. When Venkalie returned to Sasserine to get a ship, a new crew, or to offer services to another, all of the rest of the crew stayed well away. Only you, Amella, Urol, and Lirith stayed together ... and he happened to be re-hired separately, and thus it was beyond your control. (Amella, you have come to find out, made an impassioned plea to Lavinia to not hire him.)

Just as bad, when discussing bad things, you can never actually talk about him by name. The past crew discussed him in whispers and stares, but never actually invoking the Luckless' name.

He is still quite a skilled seaman. While not acrobatic, his ability to climb and jump (particularly useful in rigging the topsail) is unparalleled. He has a fine weather eye, though he much prefers to stand his time in the crow's nest at night. In fact, unlike any other member of the crew, he always jumps at the midwatch or dogwatch positions. He has a soft step and a nature that can really make people jump if he comes up to them when they don't expect it. He is a good marksman with a bow, having been able to pluck cormorants and other tasty seabirds out of the air despite distances you would think difficult even for one with a bow.

At dinner, Avner Meravanchi's mood is much improved. In fact, he is extremely well-disposed to Captain Wavebreaker for his enormous sacrifice in giving over his cabin to him, and talks this up with the Nixie's crew.

His two servants, Barnaby Chisk and Quenge Asper, stand in the background to serve him .... but are servants, not participants. This is expected of nobles, but Lavinia seems to stray from that expectation. Her own scullery crew (the Nixie has a larger crew) likewise get to enjoy the meal, though they also act to serve the food as well.

Jade Ravens (Lavinia's Cohorts/ Guards/ Companions)

The Caller (Jade Ravens Leader)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Early 20s, 5'5", 130 pounds. Very gaunt man with a pale complexion, almost sickly. His eyes are a likewise sickly light green, and he has brown hair with a van dyke.

He is some type of super-summoner, but is mysterious ... as his name would indicate. Not only can he summon many creatures, but on himself he is reputed to be able to summon bizarre aspects of unknown powers in trade for strange abilities. At the feast, however, there is nothing strange about him.

He is incredibly well-spoken and charismatic, despite his ill appearance. He is well-versed in matters arcane.

Celiss
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celiss was able to research what she observed of this strange man, figuring that he isn't a conjurer-wizard, but actually a type of arcanist known as a summoner whose entire repertoire centers around that specific magical form.

Stranger, and much hard to learn, she discovered in ancient books that his personal powers are likely derived from a strange type of witch dealing in alient powers known as a "binder."

>>>>> Where Tolin's interests wained, The Caller definitely has shown his interest in Celiss. In fact, his summoning and binding powers taught him that beauty is not necessarily in form. He is a brilliant man, though not nearly so as Celiss. (Who is?) He is at least nominally educated on every conceivable type of lore, even if not entirely expert.

Is this something you'd pursue?

Tolin Kientai (former leader, but First Officer of Blue Nixie)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tall, lanky, muscular. Not really specialized in anything particular, though like Ka'Xet, he seems to be an everyman. Very intelligent, not phenomenally so. Fancies himself capable in aquatic combat. Somewhat of a blowhard, but otherwise harmless.

Celiss/ Darrius/ Ka'Xet
    Spoiler
    Show
    From sparring sessions, he is an expert two-weapon stylist with short swords. He's a ranger with a focus against magical beasts, is a water rat, and while not native like many PCs, his favored terrain is aquatic ... sort of like a D&D version of a SEAL.

Ka'Xet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tolin is a type of psionic specialist known as a "lurk", a psion who is good at stealth attacks empowered by psionic energy. Lurks are the thieves and assassins of the psionic world.

Zan Oldavin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zan is a mid-sized half-elf with exceptional grace and a very fine mind. He is quite the wit. Though he means no harm, he sometimes is unable to stop himself from coming out with a zinger. He suffers from brain-mouth-filter, and thinks himself most clever.

Celiss/ Darrius/ Ka'Xet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zan is a capable rogue who is very adept at fast draws and tricky fighting. He has a weak talent as a beguiler, having spent as much time trying to study his heritage as a half-elf.

He is quite adept at ferreting out information. He loves his dagger collection. His skill specialties are acrobatics, mechanics, escapology, and stealth. His lesser abilities as a beguiler is what makes him decent at infiltration.

Kaskus Hebel Kiel (also Windsinger for Blue Nixie)
    Spoiler
    Show
    4'6, 229 pound dwarf - moderate height, but particularly fat .... not just stocky, but pronouncedly fat. Brown eyes, gray hair and beard, and tanned skin.

Poor Kaskus is a fish out of water on this voyage. Or more to the point, he is a dwarf out of his cave on an aquatic adventure. He is miserable, and seasickness is something he constantly had trouble with. Until the dinner bell, when he seemed just fine. He'll likely toss it up again after the feast .... but the rotund druid is fine as long as a meal is served.

Celiss/ Darrius/ Ka'Xet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Druid// Duskblade. He is a solid druid, and while his experience was more to the Underdark, there is hope that 'maybe' Moradin could give him some help - and therefore the crew of the Blue Nixie - on this voyage. As a druid, he also specializes in summoning animals ... which will be of help as he can also summon aquatic help.

As a duskblade he is tough and a capable combatant, and commands some moderate arcane magic for use in melee.

Nae'etholi (aka Quickslayer)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just as Korian is the Wyvern's resident 'monster', this eight-foot-tall, gangly limbed creature from the north - formerly Korian's ward - found out about the voyage and signed on. Because of the way things were set up, he was unable to be posted on the Wyvern, but considering his abilities that may be just as well. His skin is primarily dark grey, but includes light grey to white, wild patches of hair, and hard bits of raised, bumpy skin here and there. There is no doubt whatsoever that Quickslayer is inhumanly strong. He also wears various forms of blue-energy things on him in a fashion reminiscent of your Captain Wavebreaker, but his blue energy items are decidedly more animalistic and dangerous.

One-Eye has never seen anything like this creature. Quickslayer is surprisingly gregarious and plucky, and relatively well-spoken (with a strong accent), and speaks lovingly of his tribal upbringing and his travels (with and without Korian). He is at once savage and exotic, and might well make an interesting friend when the two ships line together as now, or when they reach any landfall.

Celiss/ Darrius/ Ka'Xet
    Spoiler
    Show
    He referred to himself when you first met him as a 'gargun,' though time and reference having given to calling him a 'feral gargun.' Twice he has saved the party's butt, but being on the Nixie that won't be as likely.

He is a brutal warrior who calls on the totem of massive bears of pure white that live in his home far to the north. He is a special type of nature-incarnum user, sort of like the druid-form of Darrius' incarnate class, that brings forth the powers of beasts - natural and magical both. For most of this adventure one of his melds includes the ability to swim at great speeds and fight underwater as a native undersea dweller.

Darrius
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are far more advanced as an incarnate than when you first met, well exceeding him in essentia useage, but Quickslayer had to spend a lot of time mastering his bestial nature. Mostly, he is a ferocious barbarian who uses a handful of melds to give him an incredible number of extra claws, and his great size and build make each of those claws even more dangerous.

He has a great mastery of leveraging with his strength: Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush/ Grapple/ Overrun/ Sunder. His ability to shunt essentia into attack is likewise respectable: cobalt power/ rage/ critical.

Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-29 at 05:47 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #927

Spoiler
    Show
    Soooo .... no RP. Okay .... signs of life, anyone?

At the end of the evening a final drink is taken on deck after the evening sun has sunk but the air is still pleasantly warm outside. As the sun sets, it's finally time to return to the Sea Wyvern.

Captain Darrius, because no crew member remains on the ship (Korian is lookout in the crow's nest), it's probably best to send Mr. Cohen and Ms. Nightrom (Celiss) over to the Wyvern to help with the net seats since they can fly.

After that, who do you send? You, Ka'Xet or One-Eye can be free to volunteer, or choose from the crewmembers ...
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Captain (Officer): Darrius Wavebreaker
    2. First Mate/ Surgeon (Officer): Mr. Cohen
    3. Pilot (Officer): Ka’Xet
    4. Boatswain (Officer): Amella Venkalie
    5. Master-at-Arms/ Cook: One-Eyed Willy
    6. Windsinger: Urol Forol
    7. Mage: Celiss Nightrom
    8. Prelate: Father Feres
    9. Rigger: Lirith Veldirose
    10. Deckhand: Skald
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-11-02 at 05:04 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I've been terribly busy the past few days, and was actually planning on setting aside time to post this evening. >.<

Darrius gestures to Lirith, "Ms. Veldirose, if you'll head over to give our winged crew a hand, please." If there is a second seat and he's intending to head back this evening, he'll also offer the noble the first crossing. No need listening to the man whine about not going first.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #929
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    still doing police stuff

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

30. - Top - End - #930

HalflingRangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    new sideline, math, three daughters...

Ka'Xet agrees to go along.