Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    To punctuate the irony of that last part Korian gets back into his low crouch as the first hand of a watchman grasps the gunwale.

    [Lunch, but I thought that was a good break for the 1.5 minutes I have home 'tween ballet and lunch. ]

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Two longboats worth of the Azure District Guard swarms the Blue Nixie. The guards takes statements from the party on what happened. While the Rabbi Cohen won't use his silver tongue to lie for the sake of Korian, nor will he speak out, either.

    Vakrissa mentions that Korian is Wanderfar's servant, a pitiable, wretched creature that the Fharlanghite priest picked up on his many travels (sort of true, in its way). The priest is only newly arrived to Sasserine (very true), and the creature is to accompany him at all times - much like a kept animal (sadly, true).

    To note, something that could not be otherwise ... the conscious women thugs heard the whole thing with Quickslayer and Korian, but remained mute. They remain mute even now. Just beware .... the precedings of the last several minutes before the Watch arrived did not go unnoticed! That said, they don't say anything about what happened, either.

    The harbormaster's night watch sends out a skeleton crew to guide the Blue Nixie back to the pier, though until Lady Lavinia formally pays restitution on anchorage fees, here it will stay. The unconscious Vark and his goons are taken away.

    Despite the hour of the night, Rabbi Cohen insists that the party return to the Vanderboren Manor to give Lady Lavinia the news. You return, and Lady Lavinia is overjoyed that you managed to reclaim the Blue Nixie and find her father's signet ring! Rabbi Cohen mentions that the ship was being used to transport exotic animals and creatures, and introduces Korian. He does not mention Korian's background and personage, but he does have to explain that Korian was one of the 'creatures' - a race of barbaric creatures of the north that was imprisoned as an oddity - likely to be sold on the black market or to the arena without paying customs. She does seem to be offput by the crouching monstrosity, but trusts in the party to keep it well and not let it out on its own.

    In addition to the 300 gp she promises to pay you once she gets to her vault on Castle Teraknian (an island just off of Sasserine's Noble District where the vaults of the Lords of Sasserine are kept), she has an offer for each of you. "Vakrissa, Cerissa, Denomar, and Darrius. I would like to hire you each on as my personal troubleshooters, agents, and bodyguards, much like Rabbi-Doctor Cohen is in my employ. I am willing to pay you 100 gp a month, and if you wish, during such retainership you may choose to take free room and board here at the Manor."

    "Service to one of Sasserine's noble families," says the rabbi, "if you think about it, can have advantages and rewards far beyond this monthly wage."

    Vakrissa thinks about it, and agrees. But given her focus on the natural world, she declines to live in the Manor, but to keep living in the Sunrise District. She will, however, check in daily to uphold her part and her wages.

    What do the rest of you say?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-01-27 at 03:42 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss inclines her head slightly. If you'll call me Celiss rather than Cerissa, I'll gladly take up your offer. She says, a slight smile on her face.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Denomar scratches at his stubble.

    "Well, uh, since I'm apparently in the teaching profession, not having to worry about a roof over my head could be an advantage. I'll be straight with you m'lady. I get pretty restless, but if you need my help I'll see what I can do"

    He spares a glance at Korian. He doesn't say it, but he seriously hopes that the guy is house trained.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Celiss inclines her head slightly. If you'll call me Celiss rather than Cerissa, I'll gladly take up your offer. She says, a slight smile on her face.
    [DM *palm slaps* his forehead.]

    Lady Lavinia looks at the warrior-scholar and says, "I do apologize, it's just that your foreign name seems similar to a more common local one. I thank you for your service. Though more of a bodyguard than my physician, I will mainly look to you for arcane and wizardly advice."

    Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    Denomar scratches at his stubble.

    "Well, uh, since I'm apparently in the teaching profession, not having to worry about a roof over my head could be an advantage. I'll be straight with you m'lady. I get pretty restless, but if you need my help I'll see what I can do"

    He spares a glance at Korian. He doesn't say it, but he seriously hopes that the guy is house trained.
    "Thank you, Denomar," she answers, "I shall call most upon your for physical security, and what knowledge you can glean from the Champion District. For I understand from Vakrissa that you wish to study at the arena. To this end, I shall sponsor your training as well."

    Wanderfar, you couldn't help but notice that - from his position below the level of the table - that Korian got extremely excited when the arena training was mentioned. Of course, the offer was to you ...

    She turns to Darrius, "What of you, Darrius? I do not know whether the confines of my home - spacious as it may be - would do well to one who has enjoyed the vast open freedom of the sea. Yet, even if you choose not to lodge here, yet I could most use your services for your understanding of the seamier sides of your current demesne in the lower districts. More than that, however, your practical knowledge of the sea - even if you do not include scholarly knowledge - will be invaluable to me as I try to sort out shipping concerns."

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Wanderfar blushes. "Study is a hard term for it. To be honest I really was more interested in making a little cash, however, your offer does change things. No, I'm going to the arena's for a slightly different reason."

    He nods pointedly at Korian.

    "I think it would be illuminating for you as well. And a good place to practice self control."
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    He nods, "I would be honored, Lady Vanderboren. I would hope it not strange if I ask to only sometimes lay my head within these walls. Indeed, if I am to associate with the darker parts of Sasserine on a more regular basis I cannot be seen leaving your manor on a regular basis. At least not through the front door. I would also ask if I might stay on with my current employer, at least until he can find a replacement. If nothing else, keeping in contact with those that run all over the city might be useful indeed, for we have seen everything there is to see in Sasserine."
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    "Good," she says. "In that case, your first job is this very day .... but much later, after we have all slept. I need you to accompany me to the ferry that will take us to Castle Teraknian, that I may access the family vault."

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    How....Civilized!
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss nods and smiles, feeling exhaustion creep into her. The physical exertion wasn't much beyond what she normally had, but using almost all of her spells had left her mind drained, which left her vision occasionally blurred by surges of fatigue.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Lady Lavinia looks at Wanderfar for his comment, smiling, but not quite what to think.

    You are all given rooms at the Manor tonight. (Korian rooms on a thick, luxurious rug in Wanderfar's room.

    Rabbi Cohen is even more exhausted than Celiss .... of course, she is trained to do this sort of thing and is incredibly hardy to boot. But during the whole Quickslayer thing onboard, he was using his Heal skill to maximum trying to keep his nosebleed steady. It even looks like he may have burst a blood vessel in his eye ... you know, when the sclera (white part) is red. Now THAT is overtaxed, and Celiss recognizes it as an effect of those with 'inborn' or 'intuitive' magics (such as sorcerers) that have exhausted everything they have. Celiss won't get anything more than tired and a little bleary, because her approach to magic includes very defined controls and limits in her prepared casting. (Likewise with Wanderfar.)

    After a solid sleep, an excellent breakfast, everyone does their individual regimen. Celiss does various kata and studies and prepares her spell for today. Darrius meditates and shapes his melds for today. The rabbi and Vakrissa likely do their religious meditations.

    Wanderfar prays to Fharlanghn that the passage of the day may be safe, preparing his spells as he does so. Then, he prepares his maneuvers. Wanderfar, see PM (to be sent after this) ....

    Afterwards, Lavinia hires two coaches to take you all (with her) from the manor to High Market in the Noble District. She then hires passage for a ferry to all of you, while handing the harbormaster's clerk a note. You spend very little time in the castle itself, stopping only to speak to a clerk who verifies Lavinia's identity and her signet, and who then escorts them you down a spiral staircase into a large circular chamber under the castle.

    Over a dozen five-foot-wide hallways radiate out from the central vault chamber; each of these halls is ten feet long and ends at a single iron door - the entrance to the family vault. The clerk does not accompany Lavinia's group into the vault; he instead bids you good day and returns to his office in the castle above.

    The short passageway ends at a solid looking iron door. The portal is emblazoned with a simple rune - an eight-pointed star. Above the door, inscribed in flowing script on a polished silver plaque, is the name "Vanderboren." A single handle protrudes from the door, just below a circular depression bearing the mark of the Vanderboren signet.

    Lavinia doesn't understand the significance of the eight-pointed star symbol, although she does admit that it does seem familiar. Darrius is able to place the symbol.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The same star symbol appears on the sign of a building on the western edge of the Merchant's District. This building is the Seeker's Lodge, the regional base of a world-spanning group of adventurers and treasure-hunters known as the Seekers.

    Darrius, do you share this information with anybody?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-01-29 at 07:50 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    When they finally reach the door to the vault, the dark-skinned man quirks a brow at the symbol and then takes a few steps back to the junction to glance down each corridor to see if the other doors bear the same symbol.

    If they do...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...he merely walks back towards the door and says nothing on the matter unless questioned.


    If they do not...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...he glances back to the Lady Vanderboren with a smirk, "The symbol of the Seekers marks this door and no others. Have you any clue as to why the Seekers would leave their mark on your family's assets?"
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    [They do not ...]

    "The Seekers?" she asks curiously, "what are they?"

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    He shrugs, "What any enterprising men and women would do if they decided they wanted more to their life than nobility or a sound wage from day to day. They are men and women who plumb the deepest depths and see all the world has to see. To say precisely? I don't know for sure, but they've a lodge just across the Merchant District from your manor if you'd like to ask them in person."
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Lady Lavinia looks at Darrius with a cocquettish smile, "Why, Mr. Wavebreaker! Why ever would I do such a thing 'in person' when I have someone - with obvious knowledge about the subject - in my employ and can look into this very subject! I am curious what my parents had to do with an adventurer's guild ... probably something to do with investments in foreign enterprises or something. But that is for later, but likely a fine task for you and the good Rabbi to research."

    It is no special mystery to figure out how this works. Now wearing the signet ring, Lady Lavinia inserts it into the small depression above the handle at "Vanderboren." At this point, the door flashes once with blue light, then slowly swings open on creaking hinges. It is a 5-foot-wide passageway that is only 5-feet long before it widens somewhat for another 5 feet, then expands to the sides. The party steps inside, though Lavinia lets them go first while she strikes a sunrod (and hands it to Rabbi Cohen) and then shuts the door behind her.

    The floor of this domed chamber is of polished green marble. Two fifteen-foot-wide alcoves have lower ceilings and feature marble pillars carved to resemble coiling snakes. In the center of the room, five similar pillars are embedded into the walls, rising up thirty feet to a dome overhead. Looking up, the dome bears a huge representation of the same eight-pointed star that was engraved on the door to the south.

    "Hmm," thinks the rabbi, "it seems that this is definitely much more than a passing fancy with an adventurer's guild, my Lady."

    Wanderfar, the strongest and doughtiest of the group, is likely the vanguard that makes it in first. As he lets the others in, he (as chosen by the gods) stands by to the east. He is taken totally unawares ... he feels a sharp sting at the back of his left knee, followed by a crunching of bone as something hits him there for 7 damage. The war-wanderer feels his muscles trying to atrophy at that point, but he fights the feeling off as his knee and the area around it burns as if on fire.

    R1T22: Vakrissa, with the most obscene reflexes in the group, naturally goes first. She looks over at Wanderfar's direction - squinting her eyes to understand what she sees - and then rushes over next to him with her scythe. She brings it down to attack, but the thing is too small and quick for her.

    R1T20: The rabbi, not much for physical strength, makes up for it in agility (which is surprising for dwarves, who are not known for their agility ... or in the rabbi's case, phenomenal sprinting ability). He steps up behind Wanderfar, and prays, "Moradin, you saw fit to bless me with powers of peace in battle against lowly criminals, but I beg of you some further blessing against this iron cobra!"

    His prayer is answered, and he casts cure light wounds (CLW) on Wanderfar. This time, Rabbi Cohen's verve and confidence in his ability has increased from last night. He fully heals Wanderfar's wound, and even the burning sensation is gone.

    "Friends, it is an iron cobra - a guardian construct. Darrius, it has no weak spots. You have to have very powerful impact to get through its armor, and it is well-protected against spells, Celiss."

    R1T19: The iron cobra strikes at Wanderfar again but misses as the warrior jumps in shock (and possible panic, depending on his view of snakes). Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The snake is three feet long and weighs about 100 pounds, looking like a cobra made of dozens of circular iron bands fitted together to form a snakelike body.

    R1T17: Darrius, the only way you could get to this thing - since Vakrissa and Wanderfar block off the area between column and wall - would be to go around the column on the north side and around to flank it with Wanderfar. (You can't flank with Vakrissa because the column will be in the way.) Flanking would help Wanderfar wail on this thing, but won't do much for you as you only wield a dagger. It might be better to let Celiss or someone else go around the side.

    Alternatively, you can do something else at range. If you do your spittle, there is a good miss chance because you would be doing so into melee - something you are not good at doing.

    What do you do?

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Fires of Nessus but that hurts. Wanderfar curses. Annoyed that because of its nature that he couldn't smell the metal snake. And that he'd look bad in front of his new student.

    He brings his staff to bare, hoping to crack the snake around and throw it off balance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Swear a lot
    Standard Action: Leading the Attack. (1d20+5)[8]. Dealing (1d6+6)[8] if it successfully hits. If it does, my allies also gain +4 to hit the snake until they're next turn.
    And Initiative if you didn't to that for us: (1d20+2)[13]
    Last edited by Denomar; 2011-02-01 at 02:15 AM.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T17: Darrius, realizing this is not a battle he should up-close and personal with only a knife against steel, fluidly focuses all of his soul power to his dissolving spittle, and spits, but misses because of the difficulty of spitting past allies.

    R1T16: "Master, wood vs. steel? Would not your sword be preferable?" asks Korian to Wanderfar.

    He scurries around the northern end of the column to face the iron cobra. He snarls and whips his claws around, but doesn't really attack. In fact, it is more of the 'boxing defense' of an animal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Total Defense action, but provides a +2 flanking bonus to Wanderfar (but not Vakrissa).

    R1T9: Despite being made of metal, it seems these things are incredibly stealthy. From the other column, a second iron cobra comes up behind Celiss (who is more at the back of the party). It bites her in the back of the right thigh for 4 damage. Though she can feel the poison trying to work on her muscles, the muscular woman proves the better of the toxin.

    R1T8.9: Celiss, you just got jumped by another one of these things while you were standing in the backfield. What do you do?

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss turns towards it, hopping backwards and keeping a threatening knee pointed at it to keep it from getting another opening.

    Careful, they're sneaky. Celiss says, before switching to a mishmash of sounds that let the arcane energy within her flow free, surrounding her with a momentarily shimmering field of energy.

    Care to try that again now? Celiss asks the snake, shifting into a combat stance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Five foot step.
    Free: Speak
    Standard: Spell-Mage Armor
    Free: Speak
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T8.9: Celiss turns towards it, hopping backwards and keeping a threatening knee pointed at it to keep it from getting another opening.

    Careful, they're sneaky. Celiss says, before switching to a mishmash of sounds that let the arcane energy within her flow free, surrounding her with a momentarily shimmering field of energy.

    Care to try that again now? Celiss asks the snake, shifting into a combat stance.

    R1T8: Another one of these things from the western side comes out from behind a column, sneaking up on Darrius unawares, getting into a high position and biting him deep in the back (crit) for 8 damage. Barely, but he, too, fights off the poison.

    R1T3: "Fires of Nessus but that hurts," Wanderfar curses. Annoyed that because of its nature that he couldn't smell the metal snake. And that he'd look bad in front of his new student.

    He brings his staff to bare, hoping to crack the snake around and throw it off balance, but finds that the sinuous creatures of alloyed steel are not sluggish for their weight and he misses.

    "Master, wood vs. steel? Would not your sword be preferable?" asks Korian to Wanderfar.

    R1T0: One of the snakes had passed Lavinia to get to Celiss. The frightened noblewoman backs away from Celiss, afraid to get to any snakes ... let alone creepy metal snakes.

    End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

    R2T22: Vakrissa takes wing to be 5' in the air, doing so aerobatically enough so as not to provoke an AOO from IC1 (Iron Cobra #1). She brings down the scythe on the thing in a perfect stroke ... but this is no living creature, and this excellent cut does nothing more than 4 mod damage.

    R2T20: Rabbi Cohen actually has a good position as the healer .... Vakrissa and Wanderfar hold off the one snake, and the other two are held on the other side by Darrius and Celiss. He steps up behind Darrius and casts CLW to totally heal him.

    R2T19: IC1 responds to the scythe cutting into it by biting upwards at the flying Vakrissa, but cannot bite past her sharkskin armor.

    R2T17: Darrius, you have an iron cobra on you. What do you do?

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius
    Spoiler
    Show
    Male CN Amphibious Human Incarnate//Rogue, Level 1,
    Init +3
    HP 13/13, Speed 30 ft (Land), 15ft (Swim)
    AC 16 Touch 13, Flat-footed 13
    (+2 if Shield is equipped) [+4 Full Defense]
    Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +5
    BAB/Grapple +0/+2
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 12
    Condition Amphibious
    Resistances +1 save vs sleep/ paralysis (racial)
    Immunities -

    Soulmeld Effects
    Essentia: 2. Capacity: 1, +1 Capacity Feat
    [1] Dissolving Spittle: Ed6 Acid Damage as 30ft Ranged Touch. Provokes AoO
    [0] Theft Gloves: Insight to Disable Device and Sleight of Hand of 2+2E
    [0] Worg Pelt: Competence to Stealth of 2+2E

    Incarnum Feats Capacity: 1
    [1] Indigo Strike: +2E damage on Sneak Attacks

    Class Features
    Detect Law: At-Will


    Pain roars through his back as a cobra rips into him from behind, but it is quickly assuaged by the Rabbi's efforts. He tries his best to get his shield in the construct's way as he calls out, "Iron snakes hidden in a room with carved marble depictions of snakes? These may be defending the vault."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Feh, I dunno whats up with my stat block. I feel like I noticed it was wrong before and changed it, but didn't. The AC should be correct now, and just walking about he wouldn't have his shield on, so the 16 AC should be correct.

    If a 5ft step step would put me in a flanking position, I'd like to do that, otherwise stay put.

    If the shield can be donned in a single move action, do that. If its a move to 'draw' it and a move to actually be considered wearing it, then just get it ready to put on next round I guess.

    Until then, Full Defense
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T17: Pain roars through his back as a cobra rips into him from behind, but it is quickly assuaged by the Rabbi's efforts. He tries his best to continue continue to interpose his shield in the construct's way as he calls out, "Iron snakes hidden in a room with carved marble depictions of snakes? These may be defending the vault."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My apologies, but last round I readied his shield without stating as such. And you don't "draw" a shield. You simply ready it. Also, seeing as your E-setup makes no sense, please see OOC post .... 2E in dissolving spittle, cause anything in indigo strike - useless against these things - are stuck there for the remainder of the day. Also, don't worry, I have it on my battle tracker that you are using total defense.

    R2T16: When Korian spoke last round, Lady Lavinia gave a slight gasp. She had thought the creature to be just that ... a creature that Wanderfar earned as 'spoils of victory' in liberating her boat. Korian speaks again, further distressing the confused noblewoman. "Wavebreaker, that may be well and good, but does that knowledge improve our situation?"

    Considering how very erudite he seems to be, that further dithers Lavinia's mind and prejudices. Meanwhile, he continues to use total defense and provide flanking for Wanderfar.

    R2T9: Celiss didn't cast her spell a moment to soon, as her opponent bites swiftly and capably enough to only be repelled by the magic armor.

    R2T8.9: To which Celiss responds by .... ???

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Punching in in the face. Hopefully.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Unarmed, Armed Arm Strike
    (1d20+3)[11]
    (1d6+3)[6]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T8.9: To which responds by punching it in the face .... well, at least trying to. It's speed - for being made of metal - is deceptive and it darts away from the monk's fist.

    R2T8: IC3 darts at Darrius, but misses the agile man's dodges.

    R2T3: Wanderfar? You have flanking with your target. Also, your student recommended using your metal sword - vice a metal stick - against these things. What do you do?

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    stifling a wince at Korian's words Wanderfar presses the attack. Bringing his staff downwards in a clean arc to strike into the very ground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wanderfar initiates Stone Bones. (1d20+5)[16] if he hits he does (1d6+6)[11] damage and gains dr 5/adamantium for one round.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T3: Stifling a wince at Korian's words Wanderfar presses the attack, bringing his staff downwards in a clean arc to strike the construct in the head, just enough to get through its outer steel shell and do 6 mod damage (thanks to Korian's flanking). Wanderfar then feels the power of the stone floor flow into his body.

    End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

    R3T22: Not knowing how to take advantage of Darrius' observation, Vakrisssa also presses her attack, but misses.

    R3T20: Rabbi Cohen delays ... in case anyone else is wounded, but not yet healing Celiss.

    R3T19: The iron cobra darts upwards at Vakrissa, but misses wildly.

    R3T17: Darrius?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-02-05 at 03:34 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    The agile man shifts back and forth, mimicking the sway of a natural serpent as he tries to stay one step ahead of the cobra attacking him. He tries his best to keep his shield between the iron cobra and his soft bits as he lets out a grunt of frustration, "If they're guarding the vault and look like they should be here, then we might be destroying Vanderboren property. Or trying to, at the very least."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Remain on full defense.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R3T17: Darrius shifts back and forth, mimicking the sway of a natural serpent as he tries to stay one step ahead of the cobra attacking him. He tries his best to keep his shield between the iron cobra and his soft bits as he lets out a grunt of frustration, "If they're guarding the vault and look like they should be here, then we might be destroying Vanderboren property. Or trying to, at the very least."

    R3T16: Korian continues his total defense and flanking w/ Wanderfar.

    R3T9: IC2 bites at Celiss, but her defensive kata keeps her safe.

    R3T8.9: Celiss?

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Another attempt at face-punching.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[18]
    (1d6+3)[5]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Denomar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Seeing as its trying to kill us I assume that the price of the construct may be covered by our hazard pay.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R3T8.9: Celiss punches her target in the face, squarely. She doesn't try to punch 'through' the steel so much as let the shock hurt the thing (whiplash or binding or something) ... but she gave a solid punch and the thing is unharmed!

    Wanderfar responds to Darrius' observation: "Seeing as its trying to kill us I assume that the price of the construct may be covered by our hazard pay."

    R3T8: Darrius' foe (IC3) misses him.

    R3T3: Wanderfar, you have the power of the earth in you, hardening your skin. You remain flanking with Korian. What do you do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •