Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1490
  1. Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss is silent for a moment, then shrugs.

    Unless anyone has any good stone-smashing ideas, I think we should go down the tunnel. The only other plan I can think of involves Darrius spitting handholds into the wall, then doing the same to breach the door, but...that would probably take hours, at least, and we don't know what sort of thing Varthus is up to now.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He alleged said that?

    What did you mean with that? As is stands, it makes no sense.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  2. Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    He shakes his head, "Even if I could break through the trap door I'd probably have to be directly under it. Between dripping acid and the probability of something damned heavy on top of it, I wouldn't want to be standing under it when the trap door gave way." He glances up again, the light no doubt unable to reach far enough for his eyes, "Even if it wasn't a poor idea, we probably wouldn't need hand holds. Wasn't there a hook up there somewhere we could just tie the rope to again?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it is acid, so it might conceivably cut through hardness, and it doesn't take any hands to do so I could do it hanging from a rope. I doubt I'd know it in character, but if its stone and I do 3d6 points of damage a round it might not actually take hours. Stone is what, 15hp/inch of thickness? So even with minimum damage thats 5 rounds per inch to breach it.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2011-03-20 at 03:33 PM.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  3. Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Rabbi Eliezer nods his head. "Yes, even if we could smash the trap door, hook or not the debris would crush whoever opened it. No, smugglers are charlatans and thieves, meaning they're cowards, too. I doubt they built this otherwise sturdy looking masonried underground without a 'back door' from which to escape.

    "Celiss, you still have your magic armor on? ........ Good. You're tough and protected, and have a nice light source in your hand. Take point. Darrius, you're next for fire support with your spittle. I'll take third for back-line healing support, and a hopefully-unneeded warhammer. Korian, you take rear guard with your senses; your claws aren't nearly as sharp as your senses. Let's move out."


    It's kind of interesting how the mild-mannered rabbi has risen to the occasion of tactican and party leader. But you can muse on that later. Now it's time to find a way out of this place.

    The turn to the right is 15' long total, then a turn to the left for 25', and a turn to the right for 10' total. There is a door.

    The rabbi and Korian, due to room, will be around the bend while Darrius checks the door and Celiss is ready to support .... on the very off-chance that there might be anything down here. Owing to the worry about paranoid thieves, the Rabbi feels it best that Darrius check for 'anti-thievery' measures. Darrius has to put his dagger away, and checks the door. Nothing, and no sounds on the other side.

    The door opens into a 10' wide passage way that goes left and right; 15' to the left, and 20' to the right (and the 5' in which you are) for a total 40' wide. At each end, in the shadows (or once seen by the Rabbi or Korian, quite easily) is a double-door. As you are all Survival and K: Geography deficient, none of you have your bearings underground. (Remember, the Rabbi is a seacliff dwarf that was raised in the city of Sasserine, not underground like most dwarves.) So, it really comes to a random determination.

    Rabbi directs a quick search of anything amiss in the passageway. Darrius leads this, with Korian assisting, and find nothing. Random equals to the right. Nothing at the door, nor heard beyond.

    There is a large chamber beyond, 30' right-left and 25' long. There is an additional 5' width on the right side at the further 15' mark. On the same wall as the double-door entrance, there is another door leading out on the far side of this wall. Two pillars in the room. Immediately across from your entrance is another set of double doors. Room checked; nothing.

    The Rabbi feels that penetration is better than circular cover. Arguments can be made for or against, but the Rabbi pretty much has the mucho charisma (and negotiation) to firm his leadership. It's not about making the 'right' decision so much as making one at all. You go to the double-doors across the way.

    Nothing at the double doors. Once opened, the 10WP beyond goes down 40' before going 45-degrees forward to the right. However, 20' beyond is another set of double-doors on the right wall. Rabbi does want to check side passages on the route forward.

    Nothing at the doors. Opened, there is a large chamber beyond, with lots of little side alcoves at various points. The core of the room is 20' x 20'. Room checked. Nothing.

    Back out to the P-way. At the 45-d turn to the right, it goes down another 25' before correcting 45-d again to the left and slopes downwards some. Once down there, you see a 20' x 25' chamber that is flooded (10' alcove to the far end) and four pillars. The entire chamber has water seeping into it, covering the entire floor.

    Darrius asked to go in carefully. Rabbi casts light on his shield to help him see if it goes down for some reason. This is more about visibility to escape, rather than stealth. The room doesn't slope like the passageway leading down, and the water has seeped in very slowly from long-term weeping at the walls.

    Now, to further identify all of these eastern chambers you've explored. These were once some sort of barracks. The 'nothing' is more about items of interest. There is a barrel of drinkable (nasty-tasting) water, a few torches, flint & steel, some rotted rope, and the like. Nothing worth keeping or selling. All these doors were ajar.

    Backtracking to the chamber that had the door way off to the side. Small 5WP zigzagging in tight quarters to an ajar door. Another chamber (as above). Nothing of interest. Door on far side, has 5' square before another door. However, this door is shut.

    Behind you, however, is heard a pitiful moaning from several voices. Because of the echoes and stone walls, it is impossible to tell how many there are. Korian says, "Something just came into that bigger chamber behind us!"

    R1T20: Darrius, you can't tell how far beyond the last chamber and the p-way before (or into) the larger chamber these sounds come from. What do you do? Korian, with the Rabbi, are in 'front' of you (relative to the sound.)
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  4. Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T20: Darrius, unsure of the threat but not wanting to get in front of the more combat-savvy Korian, readies to spit acid at the next creature he might identify immediately as hostile that comes into view behind the party from the room they were last in.

    R1T19: Coming into view is what seems like a man at first. His garb is reminiscent of what Darrius might imagine a pirate's clothing to be like, but the clothing is all in tatters. Something isn't right about the man. He carries no apparent equipment other than rotten studded leather armor that likely protects as much lesser wear. Then, he opens his mouth wider than he should be able, revealing row upon row of jagged teeth as it gets next to Korian

    R1T18: Having what he needs to identify this thing as a foe, Darrius lets loose with his spittle. The gob of acid hits the thing in the belly for 10 acid damage, doing significant damage.

    R1T17: Korian is taken aback by so strange and fearsome and a man, and he fights with some tactical defense focused on the man-thing. He grazes the thing's head for 3 damage (min), but scores max damage with his right claw on the thing's lower forearm for 5 damage. The thing barely stands.

    R1T13/8: Another one of these things appears behind the first. As this is a 5WP, however, it can do nothing else. Another one, in the chamber beyond, is behind that one. That makes three total. All of these discolored and terrifying men howl and wail horribly.

    R1T6: "Zombies!" calls the Eliezer. "And of the ravenous variety, no doubt. Celiss, I recommend you hold off several seconds for Korian. Korian, Celiss is better defended and has better offense than yourself. As soon as you can, back out for Celiss. I'll tell you when to platoon out."

    He delays ...

    R1T3: (Since she really can't do anything useful right now, anyway...) Celiss understands Eliezer's reasoning to be sound and delays ...

    End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

    R2T19: Despite the gaping acid wound in its gut and its right arm being shredded, this thing seems to feel no pain. Its oversized mouth bite low and to the side, biting Korian deep in his hip. The bite is so prodigious that it pierces the man-verine's iliac artery (crit) for 13 damage. Korian looks like the wound is so bad, that he's about to fall ...

    ... but Korian yowls ferociously, his musculature seeming to bulge and contort as he shakes with bestial rage, even though in this he is barely standing.

    R2T18: Darrius?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  5. Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    Though he may not have the highly sensitive nose of a hound, the scent of blood in the air as it flows forth from Korian is strong indeed. The dark skinned man seems to salivate at the slightest hint of blood. More and more bitter fluids pool into his mouth as he craves after a chunk of meat; the undercooked chunks from the vendor down near Shadowshore always seemed to taste the sweetest. With an almost visible effort of will, Darrius forces away such superfluous thoughts and hurls some of the caustic slime from his mouth.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged Touch Attack with Acidic Spittle. Trying to aim at one further back if I can without additional penalties. Closest is in melee, so thats fairly difficult in of itself.

    Attack: (1d20)[19] around +3 I think? Its far too late at night. XD
    Acid: (3d6)[9]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  6. Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T18: Though he may not have the highly sensitive nose of a hound, the scent of blood in the air as it flows forth from Korian is strong indeed. The dark skinned man seems to salivate at the slightest hint of blood. More and more bitter fluids pool into his mouth as he craves after a chunk of meat; the undercooked chunks from the vendor down near Shadowshore always seemed to taste the sweetest. With an almost visible effort of will, Darrius forces away such superfluous thoughts and hurls some of the caustic slime from his mouth. He hits the second-rank one in the belly as well for 9 acid damage.

    R2T17.5: Rabbi Eliezer, who was delaying calls out, "Celiss, never mind, I think we lost Korian ... I mean rationally lost him, that is."

    He casts a spell and touches Korian to fully heal him. "Scratch that, Celiss. Korian is fine. I healed him."

    R2T17: Korian is no longer defensive. His first attack scratches on the rotted armor, but his second attack opens its chest up and the zombie falls. Having killed the thing that nearly took his life, Korian's defensive awareness returns, and it seems his rage is abated. He then focuses some of his defensive awareness on the next one in line.

    R2T13: The next zombie steps up and tries to bite Korian but misses.

    R2T8: The last zombie moves up behind its fellow.

    R2T3: Sadly, Celiss really can't do anything around the corner if Korian won't relent position.

    End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

    R3T18: Darrius?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  7. Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    Seeing as the strategy seemed to work just fine before, Darrius repeats, aiming at the far zombie and hoping it is the last.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rinse, repeat

    Attack: (1d20+3)[22]
    Acid: (3d6)[13]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  8. Top - End - #158
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R3T18: Seeing as the strategy seemed to work just fine before, Darrius repeats, aiming at the far zombie and hoping it is the last. He nails it in the left knee for a good 13 acid damage.

    R3T17.5: Though Korian is fast on his feet and trained at focused defense, still Rabbi Eliezer recognizes that his fur offers no protection and that Korian's movements actually detract slightly from his own defense. Eliezer casts a spell on Korian.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celiss actually hears it from around the corner. Just hearing it she recognizes the spell as protection from evil.

    R3T17: Korian maintains his tactical combat, but both claws miss.

    R3T13: So, too, does the zombie.

    (Celiss if you can think of anything to do ...)

    End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

    R4T18: Darrius?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  9. Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    Seeing Korian not make any progress, he tries his luck slipping a gout of acid into the thick of things, hoping to not injure his allies in the process.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I should really be asleep. Its after 4am.... XD

    Attack: (1d20-1)[19]
    Acid: (3d6)[14]

    ....I've rolled 19, 19, 20 tonight. I'm not complaining, but... wow.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2011-03-24 at 06:22 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  10. Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R4T18: Seeing Korian not make any progress, he tries his luck slipping a gout of acid into the thick of things, hoping to not injure his allies in the process. The acid boils away the zombie's head, and now only one remains.

    R4T17.5: Eliezer delays...

    R4T17: Korian springs forward five feet, keeping an eye on defense again (CE1 & Dodge), but both claws miss again.

    R4T8: [Another natural 20? With a confirmed crit, again? Really?] The last zombie bites deep into Korian's left shoulder and chest, getting the soft part of the shoulder leading to the lung and the upper brachial artery for 12 damage. A mere 15 or so seconds after his last micro-rage, Korian again goes into a blood fury that barely keeps him alive and standing.

    R4T7: Eliezer steps up and casts another spell that gives 8 healing to Korian.

    Eliezer calls out, "Celiss, there's a gap between me and Darius. Move up. Korian and the last zombie are in the chamber now, and he keeps riding the ropes to keep from falling."

    R4T3: Celiss ... finally! Assuming you move in to help. You could move 10' and be between Eliezer and Darrius. If you wanted to continue to a total of 25', you could move through Korian's square and move left or right (provoking an AOO). Of course, you could go the full 30' at that point and attack from the side. I'm just telling you now so we don't waste time with setup. What do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  11. Top - End - #161
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss, seeing the massive damage the Elite Mook Zombie is doing, considers Shielding herself for a moment.

    Instead, she moves 30' up and lashes out, hoping to smash the zombie with her...toe.

    I know this might seem a bit hypocritical at the moment, but you should be more careful. Celiss says as she passes Korian.

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]
    It's a shame she can't two-hand her toe.

    Maybe I'll even get around to flurrying at some point in the future...
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  12. Top - End - #162
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R4T3: Celiss moves 30' to Korian's left as the zombie bites at her. "I know this might seem a bit hypocritical at the moment, but you should be more careful." Celiss says as she passes Korian.

    She lashes with a toe-spear, sticking her toe deep inside the zombie's rotting intestines and gut for 2 mod damage. Though penetrating, its dead flesh doesn't seem to have actually been too badly damaged - at least not nearly as horrified as Celiss might be to have zombie guts on her sandals.

    After the strike, she has a chance to assess, and sees that this zombie might take a few more blows, unless it could only be hacked apart for maybe a single good shot. You also notice what you didn't before (you were around the corner and haven't seen the fight until now ... including not seeing more than 1/3 damage on Korian) .... namely, that Korian's physique seems to be far more powerful than normal. Also, even with his being other than a humanoid, you can also tell that Korian seems to have 'checked out' and a raging bipedal beast stands cat-a-corner to you now.

    End Round Four, Begin Found Five ...

    R5T18: Darrius? Finish it off with a shot into combat?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  13. Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    Hoping to finish it off, he launches off yet another gob of caustic spit.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[6]
    (3d6)[10]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  14. Top - End - #164
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R5T18: Hoping to finish it off, he launches off yet another gob of caustic spit that goes high overhead - Darrius being too cautious with his friends nearby.

    R5T17: Korian takes a 5' step to the right (opposite of Celiss), but not exactly across from her. His first claw rips open its chest for 4 damage. His second claw comes downward through its left shoulder and into its left upper chest for 6 damage, and the thing falls.

    The zombies are destroyed! Korian's adrenaline subsides. Rabbi Eliezer checks his wounds and sees that he's at roughly 50%. Eliezer says, "I think I only have enough in me for one more healing spell, and we have more dangers yet to face. Korian, you're inside rank with me. Darrius, we need you to take the front, and Celiss the rear. I don't want to lose our last chance to heal anyone just yet. If there are more undead down here, they can't be bargained with ..."

    [I'll do more, but I need to go back to "focus" at the theater... However, feel free to RP.]
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  15. Top - End - #165
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    "From now on," says Rabbi Eliezer, "we shut the doors. All the doors have been slightly ajar. I am willing to bet that while they can get through slightly open doors, zombies are otherwise too stupid to know how to operate a doorknob. I am now willing to believe that we don't need to waste precious daylight topside to check for traps. Let's go."

    Though particularly disgusting, the twice-lucky Korian takes the most intact armor off one of the pirate-zombie bodies. Though studded leather in form, its rot is so complete it only protects as padded armor.

    Back to where you were in that zig-zag passageway. The door leads to a chamber. Four great wooden pillars rise up to support the ceiling, which sags dangerously in places and is thick with hanging strands of fungus. Several doors line the walls - one to the west (from which comes a muffled sloshing sound), two to the north (the western of which is badly damaged and hangs askew on its one remaining hinge), and two to the east. You come in through the northern of the two eastern doors. The second set to the south (on the east wall) are actually double doors. To the south, the ceiling has collapsed, leaving the southern part of the room choked in debris. A rippling pool of water reaches halfway into the room from this wall of stone and rubble. It seems that a wooden pier once extended into this pool, but all that remains now are several rotting wooden pilings protruding from the water. A man's body floats face down among them.

    Standing 10' from the water's edge are three more ravenous zombies.

    Darrius, you peered into the room, and realize that they are focused on the water and don't appear to have noticed you. What do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  16. Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    He eases back out of the room and gestures to the others to lean in so he can whisper, "Looks like three more zombies, all standing around staring into a pool of water."

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want a stealth to pop back out without being noticed: (1d20+8)[18]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  17. Top - End - #167
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Neither Korian nor the Rabbi have anything special to bring to bear (once you tell them distance). You (Darrius) can spit at them, or you can use your surprise action to try to sneak up them, but spitting his better for you, anyhow.

    Celiss? Any ideas for you? You could sneak to set yourself up better for a surprise-round action.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  18. Top - End - #168
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss will sneakily...sneak, going somewhere where she can charge from-after seeing the last battle, she wants to end this as quickly as possible.

    However, before she does so she will turn away the zombies, hope they don't have exceptional hearing and cast Shield on herself. Then she'll check if any of the others want an Enlarge Person, outlining the benefits and drawbacks of the spell.

    She also makes a mental note to research a version of Shield that she can cast on others.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-03-30 at 10:01 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  19. Top - End - #169
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Korian does not wish to have such a thing. His claws aren't very powerful (1d3+2 damage), but he would rather whittle them down as he can. Defense is already a problem, and such a spell would do no good for him.

    Interestingly, the Rabbi would like the spell. He only has one more curative spell. He is weak, but wields a warhammer, and reach would be good for him since he isn't a frontliner.

    What do you do with that info, Celiss?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  20. Top - End - #170
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Sure. Celiss will cast Enlarge Person on him, hoping that its offensive boost will let him turn approaching zombies to paste before his lowered defense becomes a problem.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  21. Top - End - #171
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss, when you cast enlarge person on Rabbi Eliezer .....

    .... nothing happens.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  22. Top - End - #172
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Odd.

    Does Celiss have any idea on what could have done that?

    If necessary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Know(arcana): (1d20+9)[11]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+11)[27]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  23. Top - End - #173
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    [OOC: You don't need Spellcraft to understand the advantages and limitations of your own spell, and I won't give hints to anything ... either because it is there in print, or because there is an event occurring to block what you otherwise figure should be successful.]

    Soooo, what now?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-03-31 at 11:01 AM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  24. Top - End - #174
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Well, go ahead and move into position, I guess.

    Celiss will tell the others the spell didn't work, but the zombies are more important at the moment.

    [OOC: It was more to see if there was anything about the arcane energies or something to let me know, or if I've ever heard of anything like this before, etc.]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  25. Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    Before heading off to get in position he whispers to the others, "I'll get inside, out of the way, and when you see my acid, then you all rush in." And then he slips off as quietly as he can to get around to make sure he won't be in the way of his allies. He'll try to get behind a pillar (unless I read something wrong X.x) enough to hopefully trick any zombies that come after him into shambling around it, but still have a clear line of fire to begin with. Once he's satisfied everything is ready he'll begin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Some stealth to get into position as needed: (1d20+10)[23]
    Essentia in Pelt until in position, then back to Spittle.
    Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+3)[4]
    Acid Damage: (3d6)[5]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  26. Top - End - #176
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Surprise round ....

    The party hears the telltale sound of hissing and a splash of liquid on liquid (where he missed his zombie target and the stream of acid went into the water).

    R1T18: Korian moves up to one of the zombies and swipes at it defensively (and with Dodge), hitting it in the head for 3 damage.

    R1T16: Celiss, you have a clear line to two zombies (LOS to the third one behind pillar). Korian attacked one of the two. What do you do?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  27. Top - End - #177
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss will charge the injured zombie, hoping to take it out before it can eat Korian back into a blood-rage.

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[23] (+2 from charge)
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]
    -2 to AC until my next turn
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  28. Top - End - #178
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T16: Celiss will charge the injured zombie, hoping to take it out before it can eat Korian back into a blood-rage. She gives a solid palm strike to its abdomen, but it seems to do absolutely no damage even though she's sure she 'hit' it.

    R1T6: Rabbi Eliezer also engages (not charges) a zombie, but with a dagger and not his warhammer. He cuts across its shoulder for 1 damage.

    R1T7: Darrius, do you target one of the two engaged zombies (one with Korian and Celiss, the other with Eliezer)? or, do you move out some and target the third?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  29. Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    With a grunt of frustration, the dark-skinned man slips out from behind a pillar and casts his gaze towards the unoccupied zombie. Once he has a clear shot he unleashes his acid to hopefully draw it away from his comrades.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19]
    (3d6)[5]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  30. Top - End - #180
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T7: With a grunt of frustration, the dark-skinned man slips out from behind a pillar and casts his gaze towards the unoccupied zombie. Once he has a clear shot he unleashes his acid to hopefully draw it away from his comrades. His spittle only partially hits the right upper arm, however, doing a weak 5 acid damage. It's still the best attack against the zombies, however.

    R1T4: Not tactically minded, the zombie (RZP3) slashed by Korian attacks Celiss since she seemed to have last got its attention. It bites at her but misses.

    R1T3: RZP2 flails so badly in its attack on Lazer that it actually bites its own right upper arm for max damage (9). Correction to above, this was the most effective attack against the zombies thus far.

    R1T2: RZP1 opens its mouth extra wide in a loud shriek and charges Darrius, but clamps its mouth down way too early, missing Darrius.

    End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

    R2T18: Korian continues to fight defensively, but moves over 5' to be at a diagonal with the creature. Korian slashes at the zombie's uppper right arm for max (5) damage, and the other claw at the same time on the same elbow for 3 damage.

    R2T16: Celiss notes that she can move nearer to the water to flank on her turn (and would have to Tumble, since she can't move diagonally across it's square); having only one attack anyway, this might be preferable. Or, if she reads Korian's battle step correctly, can wait another round for Korian to finish coming to the zombie's side ... allowing Celiss to note stand at the water's edge. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-04-02 at 09:27 AM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •