Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: The Savage Tide [OOC]

Please do the following, because I cannot do it on my Profiler when I'm given editing rights of your character sheets. For any sheets you have on TTW (The Tangled Web) ... I know you probably haven't signed in for awhile, but please sign in.

On your Profiler on TTW, transcribe your data elsewhere ... all of the data you have at the top of your sheet. Delete the old file, and then start a new file with your character's name (which makes it easier to find anyway, other than "Skulk"). Take the data you had before from the old sheet, and put it in this one. Try to put in as much of the lost data as possible.

1) Go to your Profiler. This is the TTW page that lists all of your character sheets.
    2) Click on the 'Edit' hyperlink to the far right of each character.
    3) At the very bottom of this Edit sheet for the character, click on 'Download.'
    4) Save the file where you will. Update this often so it does not fall too far behind.

EDIT: Wow. I just looked. srgonzo, Ka'Xet also got ripped. That's all characters in this game. Wow. Insane. I'm sorry buddy. That's two of your characters now.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-08-22 at 08:12 AM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

Um, that's ok. I'm pretty sure we can go ahead and rebuild him. I think I'll have to look into character sheets for my iPad and go from there. It isn't that big of a deal.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

4. - Top - End - #424

Daemon

I also sent everyone whatever info was last on their TGS' via E-mail.

Yeah, this game is on hold until reconstruct happens.

I E-mailed TTW Webmaster, and they were in the midst of physically moving servers to a new location. He's gotten only a handful of complaints (the rest are probably silently crying out "Why!" to the gods), and he has no idea why it's happening.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

I tried the 'Contact Us' link as well. For some reason, when I tried to reconstruct Annie, the information didn't stick. Given the weird state of my brain and this strange fatigue that seems to plague me, I can only seem to get one character done at a time.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

6. - Top - End - #426

Daemon

Okay, I think we have a solution. I doubt any of your saved your sheets as an XML file?

Make sure you do not have your character sheet in another browser.
    Go to your Profiler on TTW.
    Click on the "Edit" hyperlink on your ORIGINAL character sheet, not the new one.
    Click on "Download" at the very bottom of the Edit sheet, and save it .... where-ever.
    Drop that browser page, and then bring up TTW again.
    Go back to TTW>>>EDIT (character).
    Select "Browse" and go to where you saved that XML file for Annie.
    Select "Upload." It may take several times because of TTW tricky server stuff right now.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427

After some procrastination I'm finally rebuilding.

In the process I realized that:

1. Almost all of my feats are bonus feats.

2. I have more feats than many characters get in their entire 20 level career.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Also not a girl.

8. - Top - End - #428

Daemon

1) Many would consider that so many feats smells of what players call "cheese."

2) Cheese tends to smell.

3) You have smelly feat(s).
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429

In my experience, only cheese that either tastes bad or mediocre smells. Seriously, all of the cheese I like doesn't smell.

Hey, can I calculate my skills with retroactive skill point increases? If not, could you tell me when I got my Int bonuses? I just realized I don't have that information on me (and since you're here I can ask you instead of trawling through the OOC and IC).

Also not a girl.

10. - Top - End - #430

Daemon

It doesn't matter, I don't "retroactively" apply skill point increases. I just make sure at the level at which you gain an INT bonus that brings you to a new category, you have the appropriate number of skill points. That "no retroactive" rule pisses me off, because INT does very little for most characters, at least in regard to many other scores, and characters need all the skill ranks they can muster.

You have a total of 52 skill points. Some are allocated specifically as follows for your current level:
    4 ranks: K [Arcana, Planes, Religion], Mental Focus, Spellcraft
    3 ranks: Acrobatics, K [History]
    2 ranks: Diplomacy, Intimidate

I know this, because you were going to increase all of them by 1 rank at next level based on your TGS. I know you are also competent at Athletics, Acrobatics, and some on Perception.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431

Daemon

Gentlemen, please check your personal E-mail accounts.

Brief: I wish to drop all of my other games but this one. Obvious rework for characters and a means (which I have) for keeping character data.

srgonzo is in two other games of mine, and the same other player is in those two games. I am inviting that other player into this game so we can have four PCs. I know that some might balk at that because of turnaround time, but I have been a player in a game that has been running a long time with several players @ 17th-level gestalt.

I think we'll be fine, and I do hope you'll stay on. Again, please read your E-mails.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432

Daemon

Awaiting a final decision from PersonMan concerning retraining, then only a tiny adjustment, and Celiss is done.

srgonzo started working on Ka'Xet and I have editing on his sheet.
    * Dude, his name is Ka'Xet Moakh Kahir??? Not that I'll confuse the file name.

Tac, I sent you a friend request on MB. I'll assume MB is far more capable in keeping itself whole, so back to the old way ... you create the sheets and give me editing permissions. Remember Pathfinder ... CM calcs and the "+3" misc-mod for class skills is there, so that helps. Files:
    * Darrius Wavebreaker
    * A file named for your martial maneuvers. (I had called the last one Darrius' the Daredevil's Maneuvers, but call it what you want.)
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433

I think I'll go with the retraining. I was sick on the weekend and the start of the week was busy for me, but now things are mellowing out a lot more.

EDIT: Hey, is Tolin still 'into' Celiss despite the recent changes? I just thought of that while reading the most recent Big Exposition Post. By the way, I think I'll take this opportunity to say that I really like them.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-10-02 at 05:37 AM.

Also not a girl.

14. - Top - End - #434

Daemon

I'll adjust for your retraining tonight.

Just like some men of his type, his interest in you appears to have passed.

Right about the time your form descended from somewhat infernal to wholly diabolic.

EDIT: After all of the pain and suffering ... not only is TTW back up and running again, but everything from the last save is there.

We'll still continue now with MB, if for no other reason than it has the Pathfinder setup for skills and CMB.

Tac, no need to make a file for maneuvers ... I have TTWs.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-02 at 01:37 PM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435

Daemon

I never actually asked any question for player's actions. It was simply RP. Since there is nothing, I assume I shall continue?
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436

Alright, working with the assumption of 5400 GP (normal WBL), I think I'll go for a Hat of Disguise (1800 GP), with the rest coming from the MiC (which I can't get to until tomorrow).

Also not a girl.

17. - Top - End - #437

Daemon

9,000 gp for WBL ... but no more than 5400 gp on any single item.

The +1 rapier (arcane bond) and the silvered masterwork dagger of the Witchwardens are both 'free' (not part of WBL), as is the Ring of the Tel-gakkar. Your spellbook is likewise free.

You actually had picked up a nice item in your travels: a ring of swimming (+5 competence). Now, you recently learned the basics of swimming as part of your sailor-training. (Previously, you couldn't swim at all so you would've been the classic drowned-in-a-pool person.) Still, it gives a pretty good bonus in this kind of campaign. It costs 2500 gp.

Hat of Disguise (1800) is definitely a good idea for you, though I would carefully read what that means, since it is based on disguise self. You would still need a form that includes wings, though your tail is minor enough you could hide that. It's quite alright, unlike alter self, to simply look human (perhaps like the old Celiss, because you know her so well) with much more attractive wings than your black-trimmed, red scalloped ones.

If you keep these two items, that would be 4300, leaving you with 4700 gp. You don't need to purchase 'standard adventuring equipment' ... unless you wants sunrods or specialized equipment. But mundane gear like rope, backpacks, bedrolls, etc. .... those are all held as supplies in the ship's hold.

You may have noticed my note on your spell sheet. You have the basic 19 cantrips from SRD, and you may choose another cantrip from another source. Wizards start with all of the 'standard' cantrips known (in my campaign) ... not EVERY cantrip in existence. They have to be researched like any other. The facet of this is economy of space. Cantrips take up space in your spellbook. Currently, your spellbook is about 1/3 full with the spells you know.

Speaking of which, you may want to make sure you have materials on hand with which to pen in new spells .... or to Scribe a Scroll. I will allow you to have a "pool" of costs for the following: spell transcription, scroll creation, and spellcasting.
    * The funds you put in the spell transcription pool are to (attempt) to write in a new spell you might find into your spellbook.
    * The funds you put into scroll creation, which are separate from above, are for materials you take with your for Scribe Scroll.
    * The funds you put into your spellcasting are for costly material components. Foci (plural of focus) do NOT go into this pool. You must pay for all foci separately and are marked as separate items. Any focus costing more than a gold piece (for example, the prism/ lens for read magic has no cost, and therefore is 'free') must be purchased. Unlike your brilliance (see below), if you need a focus and don't purchase it before you leave ... and the ship doesn't have such a thing ... looks like you'll be without the use of that spell until you hit another port. I don't think you have anything like that, however.

The purpose of this is so that you don't have to get down to the obsessive-compulsive aspects of trying to figure out everything you need. With a 22 INT and being 27 years old with Spellcraft +19, it is assumed you are the 'Batman' (and with your wings, somewhat literally) of having just the right component at the right time.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-11 at 05:27 PM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438

Daemon

Midterm papers to write.

In the meantime .... PersonMan, as above.

ALCON .... RP break if you want one.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439

Alright, I'm finally getting around to this. I actually have everything I need (internet and my books) so it's time to sit down and buy stuff.

I think I'll go for the ring, bringing me to 2.2 k gold.

After that purchase I'll put 200 each in spell transcription, scroll creation and spellcasting, so I have 1.6 k left.

I'll save that for now, I'm hoping to get a Lesser Pheonix Ash Threat weapon crystal with it later.

Also not a girl.

20. - Top - End - #440

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    .....I'm hoping to get a Les/ser/ Pheo/nix/ Ash/ Threat/ wea/pon/ cry/stal with it later.
    Ooooohhh ... sssss .... I'm so sorry, man. I don't allow any item that is more than 8 syllables in length, and this one is ten.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Think that Willie will go fer Dark Red, if'n it arn't already took.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

22. - Top - End - #442

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    Ooooohhh ... sssss .... I'm so sorry, man. I don't allow any item that is more than 8 syllables in length, and this one is ten.
    No problem, I'll call it a PhAt WepCry.

...This makes, admittedly, less sense than any other abbreviation I can think of.

Also not a girl.

23. - Top - End - #443

Daemon

DarkRed for a blooded sailor seems just fine, User!
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444

Daemon

Fun stuff, the most unlikely (or, perhaps, the most likely) member of the crew singing a shanty and doing quite well at it.

I'll be posting a big post this evening, hours-in-a-day willing ...
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445

Sorry for not mentioning this sooner, but my ability to post will be severely limited for the next few days as I look for the German (roughly) equivalent to an internship. I'm posting this because I have a few moments, but I might be able to sneak in a post later today.

Tomorrow I should be able to reply, though.

Also not a girl.

26. - Top - End - #446

Daemon

Okay, thanks for the heads-up. I was primarily waiting for One-Eye, but I was willing to just shunt to you. UserClone was helping with response and cleanup of Hurricane Sandy.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

So, what happened exactly? I'm assuming she was going over on the net seat and something happened and she went down, but otherwise I'm terribly confuzzled. X.x
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

Married a year already? 0.0

28. - Top - End - #448

Daemon

Of course you're confuzzled, you are unable to respond yet.

One of the pulley ropes for the net seat snapped, and then Lirith and seat dropped into the drink between the ships.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, then I find it terribly ironic that the person in charge of rigging and things would have such a fate befall them.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

Married a year already? 0.0

30. - Top - End - #450

Daemon

Is that what the captain feels, or is that what Tacitus feels?

But, yes, it is strange that the ship's rigger is the one upon whom this accident has happened.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

PLAYing
    Show

Spoiler
    Show