New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    True enough, there. She basically put a giant neon target on her back.
    Let us not forget that Yuuki would like to slap her.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Disguise doesn't have a set DC, it is always resisted by a Spot check.

In my opinion it would count as disguising as a different race, however, so there would be a -2 to the disguise check.
    Well, it should be easy to reach such levels of Disguise with relatively modest investment that a normal human has practically no hope of seeing through the guise. Is there any power that might help?

Also, you can skip to the next "interesting part" between Mihail and Reene if you like; otherwise, feel free to dictate terms of his contract within reasonable limits.

---

Also, time for a wait list again:

Waiting for Akio and Shiro in Ep.6

Waiting for Taiki, Akio and Seiko in Soul Society.

Waiting for Pico... again.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Yeah, having a rainbow of cats come out of your head seems pretty unpleasant to me too.
    Spoiler
    Show

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...31472115-1.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...clever/jks.jpg
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wouldn't you much rather encounter a moe cockroach or isopod? :P

I do not like bugs.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, having a rainbow of cats come out of your head seems pretty unpleasant to me too.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Oh, thanks. Now I'll freak out if I don't spray a cockroach, and I'll feel guilty if I do.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

...What. Is. This. I. Don't. Even. Know.

Is the one with the moe cockroach designed to make you feel bad for the poor little sad cockroach? I mean, that cockroach might die because of the spray.

The isopod...what? Just what?

Help.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2011-01-25 at 09:29 PM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Well, it should be easy to reach such levels of Disguise with relatively modest investment that a normal human has practically no hope of seeing through the guise. Is there any power that might help?

Also, you can skip to the next "interesting part" between Mihail and Reene if you like; otherwise, feel free to dictate terms of his contract within reasonable limits.

---

Also, time for a wait list again:

Waiting for Akio and Shiro in Ep.6

Waiting for Taiki, Akio and Seiko in Soul Society.

Waiting for Pico... again.
    As a psion? Egoist. Metamorphosis, the psionic version of polymorph also allows the caster to assume the form of inanimate objects (with greatly extended duration in that case).

As Psychic Warrior? Also metamorphosis. But only after they reach 4th level powers (at 10th level), at the cost of a feat, a feat which will be gained at level 11 (12 HD thanks to weresnake, both the 12th level feat and a PW bonus feat at level 11).
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-01-25 at 09:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "The sending process of the Yama household is steeped in ritual and tradition. If you insult the sending with your nonsense, then I will be honor bound to quiet you. Leave me to my work, and I won't have to touch anyone at all." Akio says before motioning for Shiro to sit. "Akawa-san, your journey in this world is coming to a close. Will you allow me to ferry you to the other world?"
    Translation: "My sending is super-duper special and awesome. Shut up or I'll kill you, mortal."

Stay classy, Akio. Stay classy.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Translation: "My sending is super-duper special and awesome. Shut up or I'll kill you, mortal."

Stay classy, Akio. Stay classy.
    *shrug* Nothing says that specific families can't perform it differently. Akios' entire character is about being a noble first and foremost. I decided that the Yama sending should be more personal than the others
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

*shrug* Nothing says that specific families can't perform it differently. Akios' entire character is about being a noble first and foremost. I decided that the Yama sending should be more personal than the others
    I've yet to see a scrap of "noble" behavior out of him. We'll see what his reaction to Josiah's relatively harmless verbalization is.

Though I do see he's following the classic ideal of nobles treating everyone else as sub-human, so there's that.

10. - Top - End - #280

I've yet to see a scrap of "noble" behavior out of him. We'll see what his reaction to Josiah's relatively harmless verbalization is.

Though I do see he's following the classic ideal of nobles treating everyone else as sub-human, so there's that.
    What is he supposed to do to be noble? Micromanage the family companies?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

What is he supposed to do to be noble? Micromanage the family companies?
    Show some actual class. Be an actual example for non-nobles. Protect those under his care.

You know, don't be a jerk. That's a good start.

Definitions; 4 and 5 from the adjective section seem particularly good tips.

12. - Top - End - #282

Show some actual class. Be an actual example for non-nobles. Protect those under his care.

"Your lack of faith disturbs me."*force choke*

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

See, there's a difference between 'acting noble' and 'being a noble' nor is one a prerequisite for the other. In some cases they SHOULD be a prerequisite for one another (but only one way) but just because Akio is a noble doesn't mean he is noble.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    See, there's a difference between 'acting noble' and 'being a noble' nor is one a prerequisite for the other. In some cases they SHOULD be a prerequisite for one another (but only one way) but just because Akio is a noble doesn't mean he is noble.
    You crazy kids and your mix-ups with adjectives and social class!
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

I apologize for yet another long post for Himura Michiko. She just happens to be very fun to write, and allows me to shed light on some aspects of Hannibal's story I couldn't explore otherwise.

Also, Soundscape to Ardor is one of the most intensively sad songs in existence. I hope that Michiko's depression lives up to it and squeezes sorrowful feelings out of someone.

@Kayne and terry: If you didn't notice, the setup of the scene is very much akin to Ichigo's Hollow training. Heihachi, Ryuuma and Kurosaki (and Miyaki, once he gets back) are NPCs for helping with the fight against Karite's Hollow side. I'll be controlling them some, but Kayne can control them too.

Terry, it's time to decide what you want to happen to Karite. Get back to us when you do.

About Akio: Akio's attitude resembles that of feodal Samurai, who had the right to cut down peons practically at whim. He's a noble, but he definitely isn't a modern one - as best witnessed in his fight against Elder both in the Mortal World and his Mindscape, his whole character is based on archaic and rather objectionable concept of warrior's honor.

I didn't give Kenpachi Hiroki the same speech color for nothing, folks.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-01-26 at 09:15 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

I apologize for yet another long post for Himura Michiko. She just happens to be very fun to write, and allows me to shed light on some aspects of Hannibal's story I couldn't explore otherwise.

Also, Soundscape to Ardor is one of the most intensively sad songs in existence. I hope that Michiko's depression lives up to it and squeezes sorrowful feelings out of someone.

@Kayne and terry: If you didn't notice, the setup of the scene is very much akin to Ichigo's Hollow training. Heihachi, Ryuuma and Kurosaki (and Miyaki, once he gets back) are NPCs for helping with the fight against Karite's Hollow side. I'll be controlling them some, but Kayne can control them too.

Terry, it's time to decide what you want to happen to Karite. Get back to us when you do.

About Akio: Akio's attitude resembles that of feodal Samurai, who had the right to cut down peons practically at whim. He's a noble, but he definitely isn't a modern one - as best witnessed in his fight against Elder both in the Mortal World and his Mindscape, his whole character is based on archaic and rather objectionable concept of warrior's honor.

I didn't give Kenpachi Hiroki the same speech color for nothing, folks.
    ...*twitch*

That may have been true of early 1000's samurai, when the class as a whole was basically crammed together and made of people who were trained from their childhood to kill people and nothing else. As a result, when the dust settled, you basically had a bunch of complete idiots who only knew how to swing a sword. In time, the figure changed, as samurai were taught art, philosophy, poetry, and the basics of administration before they were allowed to take up a sword. In actuality, by the time of the Sengoku Jidai (arguably the actual "medieval time" of Japan), while a samurai still could cut down a peon on a whim, his peers would look down on him or her as brutish and unsophisticated just as Akio is being looked down on now.

If anything, I find his behavior more reminiscent of 1200's European noblesse.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    ...*twitch*

That may have been true of early 1000's samurai, when the class as a whole was basically crammed together and made of people who were trained from their childhood to kill people and nothing else. As a result, when the dust settled, you basically had a bunch of complete idiots who only knew how to swing a sword. In time, the figure changed, as samurai were taught art, philosophy, poetry, and the basics of administration before they were allowed to take up a sword. In actuality, by the time of the Sengoku Jidai (arguably the actual "medieval time" of Japan), while a samurai still could cut down a peon on a whim, his peers would look down on him or her as brutish and unsophisticated just as Akio is being looked down on now.

If anything, I find his behavior more reminiscent of 1200's European noblesse.
    Oh, I know all that. I think we can take it to mean that Akio's family is really, really old fashioned. XD

Considering Yama family line has long history with the 11th, and 11th was, quote, "basically crammed together and made of people who were trained from their childhood to kill people and nothing else", as "recently" as three to two hundred years ago, it's no wonder some of that attitude still exists in Akio.

Also, at this point of the game, I'm going to say that anyone talking with Impact font should be considered as "brutish and unsophisticated". XD

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, I know all that. I think we can take it to mean that Akio's family is really, really old fashioned. XD

Considering Yama family line has long history with the 11th, and 11th was, quote, "basically crammed together and made of people who were trained from their childhood to kill people and nothing else", as "recently" as three to two hundred years ago, it's no wonder some of that attitude still exists in Akio.

Also, at this point of the game, I'm going to say that anyone talking with Impact font should be considered as "brutish and unsophisticated". XD
    Just, y'know. Offering context and such.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Prime32 is using D&D ruleset and expansions to create closest approximation of how a character would look within the game.

That Erima was statted in such odd manner either means there aren't proper rules for her kind, or Prime32 is doing a poor job finding them.
    I understand it is to use D&D rule, but it does not seem like it is good way maybe. I am sorry to make a ungrateful comment.

I don't know such a rule very well (only to be taught kindly by forum member and a friend how to use such a rule very clumsily). Maybe this idea is not possible because I don't understand also, but I wanted to try a thought:

Erima: Intelligent Magic Item(Scarf) of Shapechange
    Type: (Construct)

I think such an idea use [Shapechange] spell and [Intelligent Magic Item] can use abilities at will, so to do a [Shapechange] to Human and Youkai-Scarf form. Of course 'wielder' is Takara, so to control Erima's form when to touch. Also because 'spell ability' it can be stopped (I think?), like Erima at Houheiden Shrine to be like 'normal scarf'.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Mihail looks after Reene for a long while. To outside observes, it prolly looks like he's ogling the, admittedly attractive, headmistress as she goes. But more than how her body looks or what he might want to do with it in private, Mihail has to wonder if it's truly hers. Few things escape his vision, and he can tell Reene is not completely "natural" in the sense most people use the word.
    Well I suppose she has experience with "implants".

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I understand it is to use D&D rule, but it does not seem like it is good way maybe. I am sorry to make a ungrateful comment.

I don't know such a rule very well (only to be taught kindly by forum member and a friend how to use such a rule very clumsily). Maybe this idea is not possible because I don't understand also, but I wanted to try a thought:

I think such an idea use [Shapechange] spell and [Intelligent Magic Item] can use abilities at will, so to do a [Shapechange] to Human and Youkai-Scarf form. Of course 'wielder' is Takara, so to control Erima's form when to touch. Also because 'spell ability' it can be stopped (I think?), like Erima at Houheiden Shrine to be like 'normal scarf'.
    That would result in a scarf which can talk, and allows its wearer to turn into any creature and gain their abilities. Rather than Takara "wearing" Erima and becoming more powerful, it's more like mounted combat.

The build I gave covers most of her abilities, and you can describe things any way you want. Even going by the descriptions in the books, it's a scarf which once belonged to someone with minor magic powers, became intelligent through exposure to spiritual energy, then gained the ability to turn into a humanoid form or a giant scarf with claws. By adding a level of warshaper she could turn her arm into a scarf.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-01-26 at 10:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post

In D&D specifically, intelligent magic items are... weird. Most of them at least don't have actual sentience in that they can't use their powers by themselves; they need an actual user for that (even if it's just to control their minds).

There are, however, ways to transfer consciousness from a creature to an object. Given that she's a spirit, I think Haunt Shift works better thematically (it's a spell that places an undead creature - a category that includes ghosts - inside an object, making it animated).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Hardy har har.

On another hand, the discussion about Akio has made me wonder how he ended up so high in 13th. Afte some thinking, I've concluded it's a mix of "family bribed Natsuko", "Michiko could stand his face no longer in 11th" and "Elder hit him in the head too hard, resulting in sudden personality shift".

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

That would result in a scarf which can talk, and allows its wearer to turn into any creature and gain their abilities. Rather than Takara "wearing" Erima and becoming more powerful, it's more like mounted combat.

The build I gave covers most of her abilities, and you can describe things any way you want. Even going by the descriptions in the books, it's a scarf which once belonged to someone with minor magic powers, became intelligent through exposure to spiritual energy, then gained the ability to turn into a humanoid form or a giant scarf with claws.
    Sorry for confusion, I mean Erima uses [Shapechange] ability on herself, not on Takara of course. Because Intelligent Magic Item can use ability at will without command of wielder、and because being treat like creature, of course can use ability on self.

[Shapechange] ability does not say it can be used on other person beside self, so it must mean 'Erima.' Of course to be able to use such an ability 'at will' and without command necessary, if Takara is not to touch, it must mean it affects object not person I think.

I don't understand the style you describe, except it is a monkey and the scarf is not the true form, so it cannot be correct I think.

Of course if it is 'describe things any way you want' maybe there isn't a need for this kind of character creation?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    In D&D specifically, intelligent magic items are... weird. Most of them at least don't have actual sentience in that they can't use their powers by themselves; they need an actual user for that (even if it's just to control their minds).

There are, however, ways to transfer consciousness from a creature to an object. Given that she's a spirit, I think Haunt Shift works better thematically (it's a spell that places an undead creature - a category that includes ghosts - inside an object, making it animated).
    I don't have any experience, but I don't understand why it does not work? The book say:

Intelligent items can actually be considered creatures because they have Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. Treat them as constructs. Intelligent items often have the ability to illuminate their surroundings at will (as magic weapons do); many cannot see otherwise.

Unlike most magic items, intelligent items can activate their own powers without waiting for a command word from their owner. Intelligent items act during their owner’s turn in the initiative order.
    So it seems Erima is to be treat like 'construct', and also intelligent items can activate own power without command of owner. So Erima can activate [Shapeshift power] without command.

I don't understand why such a thing must affect 'wielder'. Maybe just make a change of shapechange skill to [supernatural ability] or [extraordinary ability].

I don't know [Haunt Shift] or any other ability like this that Prime32 says. But it seems very complicated and difficult for something like this that should be easy.

Maybe this is always my thought of D&D game.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

...Huh. Serves me right for not checking the book beforehand, I guess.

Well, sure, that works. No specific need for Shapechange, though - she could probably do it just as easily with Polymorph. I think there's a specific spell that turns you into a snake, too.

I just mentioned Haunt Shift because a tsukumogami is supposed to be an object that achieved sentience, right? Seems like pretty much the same thing, but without making her into a magic item (in which case, as a scarf, she would have no means to move under her own power, even if she could change into a human).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Magatsu used Suigyokushou specifically because it doesn't have nearly as much collateral damage as his preferred Hado, being just a 5-foot circle under the target. Much cleaner than firing, say, Raikoho and missing.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

^ Yes, yes, maybe Nasumi will bake extra cookies for him for it.

Also, I know I'm late to the train, but:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Wait, the cats are coming out? I thought they were going in. I thought the whole picture was an artist's illustration of alien mind control rays or something.

Also, moe arthropods, pffft. I kill cuter critters for lunch already. Besides, I know little girls, and little girls are screaming litte demons. Don't let cutesy faces throw you off.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

D'awww arthropods. Given that we eat crawfish on a regular basis around here, it's hard for me to find most "creepy-crawlies," well, creepy.

And you can bet Yoshi is going to get a talking-to.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Hopefully after Magatsu has wrecked half of the Division himself, and is trying to put the blame on Yoshi.

For maximum hypocrisy, you see.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

Given Magatsu's usual rate of offensive escalation, it's entirely plausible.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Go and remedy that. There's a new school day going, Ayase can easily make an appearance.
    I hope you're happy.
    If you're wondering, I don't talk to people who dye their hair. They're all delinquents and weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Ooh, have her run into Vi! That'd be fun.
    Not fun enough! Needs something more.

I apologise for pouncing on Sayaka, but I have to deadtime soon.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-01-26 at 07:20 PM.