New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

i always thought it was automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Can anybody remind me whether the limiter Captains and Vice-Captains are supposed to have on in their trips to the Mortal World is stapled to them upon passage through the Senkaimon or if it's something to be placed beforehand?

Because that could be a serious offense to add.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Well, I can't find anything for or against that theory, so.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Oh, well, yeah, basically what Horngeek said.

And yeah. I mean, being a Shinigami is a job, you have hours you are required to be in office to maintain said profession and you have duties you must fulfill if necessary. This isn't canon Sereitei. Shinigami can't do whatever they want. There's just no point in writing down schedules and such because this game doesn't occur in real time. I mean, Sereitei is several days off the Mortal World by now.
    The job isn't exactly clear on the hours. The picnic was during the day, and Akio left during the day. Who gets to decide when he's supposed to be working? Taiki also has regular trips to see Hannibal during work hours. And before you say "it's his job to be in maggot's nest" well, it's Akio's job to be in the mortal world too.

@ Kuroi: Akio isn't a captain or vice-captain. He never has to have a limiter. He was just the ranking officer at the time, but he's still not a captain. He didn't magically get stronger just because the higher ranks weren't there.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-01-28 at 12:27 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    The job isn't exactly clear on the hours. The picnic was during the day, and Akio left during the day. Who gets to decide when he's supposed to be working? Taiki also has regular trips to see Hannibal during work hours. And before you say "it's his job to be in maggot's nest" well, it's Akio's job to be in the mortal world too.

@ Kuroi: Akio isn't a captain or vice-captain. He never has to have a limiter. He was just the ranking officer at the time, but he's still not a captain. He didn't magically get stronger just because the higher ranks weren't there.
    Oh, that's a detail I was sketchy on. But if he's neither, then it doesn't matter.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

And before you say "it's his job to be in maggot's nest" well, it's Akio's job to be in the mortal world too.
    Wrong.

3rd Seat for Squad 13 is Strike Leader. They go after the Hollows as back-up if the Shinigami sent out screw up.

Check the info on the division before you make claims.

Hell, remember how much trouble Karite got in? That wasn't just for his stupid decisions, that was because he bypassed procedure.

Shinigami->Strike Team->VC/Captain.

In addition, the Strike Leader goes with the Strike Team. Not alone.

@V: Thanks. My thought process:
    "I need awesome music."
    *Youtube Epic Music*
    "Nothing good. WAIT PERSONA 3."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-01-28 at 07:00 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Orc in the Playground

Must say, Terry, nice choice of BGM for inward battle.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    2) About Nasumi and Yoshi: [/B]if you haven't picked it up yet, I try to use her a sort of outside observer to lampshade several common-sense violating aspects of afterlife. I though her comments were rather obvious: Yoshi was firing at a fast moving target behind her, and no matter how much someone is "not aiming at you", thousand-degree electric arcs flying past you are scary.

Same goes for the bit about breaking Division grounds; once fired, Kidos and bullets hit something, whether that be their intended target or not. Yoshi isn't doing anything particularly wrong, (though I think he would have better options), I'm just noting what effects his actions have on the immediate surroundings and how they look to a person who's unaware of what the heck is going on.
    Wait..."behind"?

I'd been operating under the spatial understanding that, relative to Yoshi's perspective, Nasumi was to one side of Suzume. Hence why her crying made little sense; I hadn't ever imagined she was in danger at all.

And I should think that it's her own fault for not listening to Yoshi saying Suzume's a dangerous criminal. And his aim is rather good; he's hitting the ground, sure. But that's easy to fix. Riccaru has yet to post what happens with the Hado 33, the only real "wide-area" Kido I've cast.

And considering Bakudo in this whole game are generally doing "jack" and "****", Hado are pretty much my only option. So no, he doesn't have better options.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    3rd Seat for Squad 13 is Strike Leader. They go after the Hollows as back-up if the Shinigami sent out screw up.
    Actually, it's if they run into something they can't handle.

If a Gillian randomly turns up, it isn't because you did something wrong (I hope) but a Strike Team still goes out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #369

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Actually, it's if they run into something they can't handle.

If a Gillian randomly turns up, it isn't because you did something wrong (I hope) but a Strike Team still goes out.
    Yeah sorry.

But still, Akio had no actual 'job' being in the Mortal World at the moment. Stalking Elder, the Hollow who he should have reported because Elder is waaay out of his league, is not a legitimate reason.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Wait..."behind"?

I'd been operating under the spatial understanding that, relative to Yoshi's perspective, Nasumi was to one side of Suzume. Hence why her crying made little sense; I hadn't ever imagined she was in danger at all.

And I should think that it's her own fault for not listening to Yoshi saying Suzume's a dangerous criminal. And his aim is rather good; he's hitting the ground, sure. But that's easy to fix. Riccaru has yet to post what happens with the Hado 33, the only real "wide-area" Kido I've cast.

And considering Bakudo in this whole game are generally doing "jack" and "****", Hado are pretty much my only option. So no, he doesn't have better options.
    I beg to differ about Bakudo. They screwed Magatsu over versus Soushi, and let him screw over Blindados.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

Well, Soushi DID pile on three different Bakudou on him.

We need more Bakudou for partial immobilization/debuffs instead of full-on paralysis.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

That's what I've always planned on using it for...not that I have any Bakudo-using characters active at the moment. Maybe Karashi will be...

Just due to lack of relevancy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Akio isn't a Captain or Vice Captain, so his commanding officer gets to decide when he's supposed to be working. That's kinda how the military works. As much as being a Shinigami is a job, it's a military position, too. And abandoning your post is probably among the worst offenses. There is a chain of command, and you are supposed to follow it. Captains have only one person above them in that chain of command, so they have quite a bit more freedom in regards to what they can and cannot do.

And actually, yeah, Taiki's visits to Hannibal are during his Maggot's Nest inspections, which as Captain of the division in charge he is actually required to do to ensure security. Considering the only time he's done so onscreen was to further ensure security of and around Hannibal, I'm not sure where your example supports your point. In any case, it's not that relevant.

Also, as Captains, I assume Taiki and Natsuko get cushy benefits like being able to spend their lunch break/free time (I haven't decided whether it matters which yet) having a picnic. Similar to how CEOs can award themselves bonuses and you can get extra time off for working overtime or somesuch. Akio is neither a Captain or a Vice Captain by your own admission, and therefore probably doesn't get nearly as many benefits.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, since Natsuko was in fact pregnant at the time, both of them probably got some leeway due to family matters.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also, boy, it sure would be nice if Suzume were to react to Magatsu and Yoshi, huh?

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

15. - Top - End - #375

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    That's what I've always planned on using it for...not that I have any Bakudo-using characters active at the moment. Maybe Karashi will be...

Just due to lack of relevancy:
    Spoiler
    Show

Akio isn't a Captain or Vice Captain, so his commanding officer gets to decide when he's supposed to be working. That's kinda how the military works. As much as being a Shinigami is a job, it's a military position, too. And abandoning your post is probably among the worst offenses. There is a chain of command, and you are supposed to follow it. Captains have only one person above them in that chain of command, so they have quite a bit more freedom in regards to what they can and cannot do.

And actually, yeah, Taiki's visits to Hannibal are during his Maggot's Nest inspections, which as Captain of the division in charge he is actually required to do to ensure security. Considering the only time he's done so onscreen was to further ensure security of and around Hannibal, I'm not sure where your example supports your point. In any case, it's not that relevant.

Also, as Captains, I assume Taiki and Natsuko get cushy benefits like being able to spend their lunch break/free time (I haven't decided whether it matters which yet) having a picnic. Similar to how CEOs can award themselves bonuses and you can get extra time off for working overtime or somesuch. Akio is neither a Captain or a Vice Captain by your own admission, and therefore probably doesn't get nearly as many benefits.
    Uhm, he was in fact ranking officer at the time. Natsuko was literally just done giving birth and Karite was in the infirmary.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

Wrong.

Check the info on the division before you make claims.

Hell, remember how much trouble Karite got in? That wasn't just for his stupid decisions, that was because he bypassed procedure.

Shinigami->Strike Team->VC/Captain.

In addition, the Strike Leader goes with the Strike Team. Not alone.

@V: Thanks. My thought process:
    "I need awesome music."
    *Youtube Epic Music*
    "Nothing good. WAIT PERSONA 3."
    I find that this thread is a good source of awesome.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

I find that this thread is a good source of awesome.
    I'll generally browse around ocremix.org or search for Two Steps from Hell/Immediate Music/etc. and then just follow "related video" links that look promising.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Also, boy, it sure would be nice if Suzume were to react to Magatsu and Yoshi, huh?
    Indeed, it would be simply smashing, old chap!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Orc in the Playground

BOY I wish I had an easier time remembering who's supposed to be in each class... and which one Hasunaga is supposed to be in. I'll just check the registry again...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

BOY I wish I had an easier time remembering who's supposed to be in each class... and which one Hasunaga is supposed to be in. I'll just check the registry again...
    There's the wiki, but it needs updating.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki claimed 1-2, which a prevalent amount of the MW kids are in since no one else would.

Of course, this just means he is their homeroom/history teacher. Other subjects are free to be taught. *thumbs up*
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-01-29 at 03:27 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #382

Uhm, he was in fact ranking officer at the time. Natsuko was literally just done giving birth and Karite was in the infirmary.
    Doesn't mean he has the right to beat people up at the Senkai Gate and then go to AWOL.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Sora fiddles with the card in his hand.

"Maybe I should buy something to hide my scent... It's getting annoying having all these people recognize me."
    "Sadly he is not me, but if he stopped using Hollow-scented bodywash and switched to Old Spice..."

24. - Top - End - #384

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    "Sadly he is not me, but if he stopped using Hollow-scented bodywash and switched to Old Spice..."
    Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the Sora your Sora could be. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s two weapons with the power of awesome.. Look again, the weapons are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a Hollow. I’m on a Gillian.

25. - Top - End - #385

Doesn't mean he has the right to beat people up at the Senkai Gate and then go to AWOL.
    I am getting very annoyed at people thinking I'm at all trying to say he didn't break the law. It was completely evident that I have already admitted to it both in character and out of character. My comment was that he was the highest ranked officer at the time that he left, and a Kuroi said, the ranking officers make the work hours. He said that captains had leeway because they were the ranking officer. I would think that it would be quite evident that my point was that, as a captain stand in, he was the ranking officer and therefore did not have someone telling him when to work.

In case you didn't get that, stop trying to shove the holier-than-thou attitude at my character when I have completely and whole-heartedly said that he broke the law. By this point in time, and as evidenced by the fact that I have admitted multiple times, I'm fairly certain that I do, in fact, know exactly what happened.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Can we all stop arguing in here and actually post in the game? Please?

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Can we all stop arguing in here and actually post in the game? Please?
    I wholeheartedly agree with this.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, Draken, I think it's your turn to post in Soul Society, unless I'm mistaken.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

I wholeheartedly agree with this.
    Psh. This game thrives on anger. For whatever reason, when an argument starts the posting rate skyrockets.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

30. - Top - End - #390

Not in MW.

Or in SS.

And everytime ricarru logs on he just moans in OOC rather than, you know.

Proving people wrong in the damn episode.

In other news; Karite scored a 36 on the Mary Sue Litmus Test.

I don't want to test Sora. That'd just be bad.