New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Hey mind if I pop in with my old character Mimus?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Magatsu got a 28 on the Mary Sue test, making him borderline. Or something. I may be too drunk to be coherent.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Magatsu got a 28 on the Mary Sue test, making him borderline. Or something. I may be too drunk to be coherent.
    I put Ayase through it and got -1 to 9 (depending on whether items that half-fit are included, like "immune to the weaknesses of their race").

I was expecting higher.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-01-30 at 08:58 AM.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

I am unaware of where such test is.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I am unaware of where such test is.
    http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm

Bear in mind...
    Please, please, please remember that these are the symptoms, not the disease. I am not implying that each of these traits is inheirently bad and should be avoided at all costs. Think of them as being like salt or spices - they serve to enhance the dish when used in the right amounts, but when used too liberally, the result tends to be quite unappetizing.

While it is true that some writers are skilled enough to pull off characters that fall into the 'Sue category, do not assume that you are one of them. I've seen plenty of Sue-authors fall into this trap. Instead, go out and get feedback from people more experienced in reading/writing, preferably adults. Not teenagers. Adults.

Furthermore, this test has never been nor probably will be perfect. At best, I can only offer it as a guide, not an instruction manual.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-01-30 at 08:56 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

...Kazuma scored an exact 30 on that test.

I has a sad.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria got an 11. But I can't brag about it, 'cause that'd probably add a few points.

...Wait.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

I refuse to go anywhere near that test, to be honest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

On the subject of drainpipes, I have decided to resurrect my old Samsara character to bolster that particular faction's numbers a bit. I've downgraded his reflexes to some degree, but would welcome any new opinions on what to do to make him fit the new game.

Yu Shen
    Samsara Member

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: As his name implies, Shen is a deep thinker. He’s quite fond of indulging the shonen cliché of mid-combat philosophy discussions, a tendency greatly aided by his unique abilities. He tries his best to get along with everyone, in imitation of his leader. Unlike her, he still lacks a calming aura, and in fact seems to generate a hateful one, leading animals to attack him and children to cry in his presence. Whether this is due to repressed emotion feeding into his aura or simply bad karma from his past lives is an open question. Whatever the case, he’s still a good deal easier to provoke than Lan Jia. Otherwise, he’s a fairly animated, normal-acting young man.

Appearance: Yu Shen has an appearance much befitting his personality: that of a gangly academic. His arms and legs are ever so slightly overlong, resulting in him being about half a head taller than most (6’2). His hair is brown, and neatly parted down the left side. He typically wears formal western clothing, ranging from a sport coat and tie to a full tuxedo.

Powers:
    Blank Manipulation: Like all Samsara, Yu Shen is capable of using Blanks for various purposes, including mimicking shunpo, creating weapons and items, and healing wounds.

Absolute Control: Yu Shen has complete control over his body, down to the cellular level. As a natural consequence, he is at absolute peak physical ability in every way. It also grants him several other unique abilities.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Talking is a Free Action: Yu Shen has both greatly expanded lung capacity and excellent multi-tasking abilities, resulting in him being able to speak at length while simultaneously engaging in strenuous combat. Even when fighting desperately for his life, he does not shut up. Even with his multi-tasking abilities, this would likely not be possible without his Superhuman Formulae ability.

Superhuman Formulae:
    By focusing a great amount of his multi-tasking abilities on his sensory perceptions, Yu Shen can alter his own perception of time. While this doesn’t allow him to move much faster than normal (although his speed is a rough match for a high seated officer’s) it does give him ample time to decide on his course of action. It still won’t keep him from talking, as once he’s decided on a course of action, he speeds his perceptions back up, to avoid the fate of a certain canon Octava.

Tireless: Yu Shen’s total control permits him to remove the lactic acid that builds up over the course of one’s exercise from the relevant muscles, instead saving it for another purpose. Thus, he can keep moving until his body physically breaks down, which, given the human ability to run down most of its prey in the hunter-gatherer days, takes quite a bit of time.

Deathless: Due to his cellular control, Yu Shen is able to move wounds that he receives, by moving in replacement cells from other regions. This takes very little effort. Thus, wounds are almost never as serious as they normally would be. Coupled with his ability to heal from consuming Blanks, he is very, very difficult to kill.

Acid Spittle: Yu Shen is able to draw acid from both his muscles (see Tireless) and his stomach into his esophagus, where he distills it into an extremely potent solution, roughly as caustic as the strongest of industrial acid. He can spit this acid like an experienced tobaccoist, to far longer ranges than one would think.

Octopus Hair: Yu Shen is able to control the shape of his hair; this permits him to push aside blows aimed at the top of his head. If he had more hair, it would probably be more useful.

Skin Hardening:
    At the cost of sacrificing mobility, Yu Shen can compact his skin’s crystal lattice, making it harder to break, and him harder to injure. This can go to the extent of a pretty decent hierro.

Third Eye Mastery: Yu Shen’s final technique allows him to disinhibit the mental controls in place to keep the human body from breaking itself down. This allows him to move faster, strike harder, and so on than any human physically can. While this would normally cause him to quickly lose his strength, his Deathless ability coupled with Blanks available for healing allow him to recover from using it within a few moments. (Opinions on just how strong he should be when using this ability are appreciated.)
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2011-01-30 at 03:16 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Chakra Gate Control: Yu Shen’s final technique allows him to disinhibit the mental controls in place to keep the human body from breaking itself down. This allows him to move faster, strike harder, and so on than any human physically can. While this would normally cause him to quickly lose his strength, his Deathless ability coupled with Blanks available for healing allow him to recover from using it within a few moments. (Opinions on just how strong he should be when using this ability are appreciated.)
    ..."Chakra Gates" exist only in Naruto. Otherwise they're called, er, chakras.

The "bodily control" thing is quite similar to a character concept I had recently. Specifically, a pair of characters (one who could harden their skin and spit acid, the other with more unusual powers). I was thinking arrancar at the time because I wasn't sure where their powers could fit.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-01-30 at 02:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    ..."Chakra Gates" exist only in Naruto. Otherwise they're called, er, chakras.

The "bodily control" thing is quite similar to a character concept I had recently. Specifically, a pair of characters (one who could harden their skin and spit acid, the other with more unusual powers). I was thinking arrancar at the time because I wasn't sure where their powers could fit.
    They are only referred to in Naruto, yes. However, it's a good term; he doesn't have control on where his chakras are placed, or which way the energy flows- he just has control over how much energy flows through the various points.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Orc in the Playground

...He reminds me of Toguro Ani from Yu Yu Hakusho, but with less shapeshifting and more "boy am I hard to kill"-ness.

Would you mind terribly calling it "Pain Control" or something? Not only does the term strike me as too Naruto-ish... well, actual Chakras simply don't work that way.

EDIT: Perhaps more accurately, he could reasonably do this by manipulating the energy of ONE specific chakra, that of the "third eye".
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-01-30 at 03:07 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

...He reminds me of Toguro Ani from Yu Yu Hakusho, but with less shapeshifting and more "boy am I hard to kill"-ness.

Would you mind terribly calling it "Pain Control" or something? Not only does the term strike me as too Naruto-ish... well, actual Chakras simply don't work that way.

EDIT: Perhaps more accurately, he could reasonably do this by manipulating the energy of ONE specific chakra, that of the "third eye".
    Oh, very well. I'll call it 'Third Eye Mastery,' or something.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2011-01-30 at 03:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks.

If you want to keep the Chakra theme, there are a number of powers related to the Chakras he could use. The solar plexus Chakra, for example, relates to breath control (and as such, energy release), the throat Chakra relates to communication, and so on and forth.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, so, I figure I should warn you all. On the 1st, I'll be having major surgery. I'm having my thyroid removed, as it has been nonfunctional since birth and more recently has been expanding at an alarming rate. There's a day or so of hospital recovery time, so in all likelihood I will not be around to post. Not the first time I've had surgery, however, and the last time I had a pretty violently sickening reaction to some of the drugs they gave me afterwards, so things could take longer than we expected.

At any rate, after that, while I won't be skipping around the block for a week, I should be fine for posting. Try to hold off on major plot so I don't miss anything, 'kay?

((Seriously, someone giving me a summary would suffice.))
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    I got an 11 on what my character has thus far.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Ok, so, I figure I should warn you all. On the 1st, I'll be having major surgery. I'm having my thyroid removed, as it has been nonfunctional since birth and more recently has been expanding at an alarming rate. There's a day or so of hospital recovery time, so in all likelihood I will not be around to post. Not the first time I've had surgery, however, and the last time I had a pretty violently sickening reaction to some of the drugs they gave me afterwards, so things could take longer than we expected.

At any rate, after that, while I won't be skipping around the block for a week, I should be fine for posting. Try to hold off on major plot so I don't miss anything, 'kay?

*sends strawberryman a basket of kittehs and cookies*

I wish you the best of luck, dude. Hope you come back nice and healthy. Soon is optional.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Barbarian in the Playground

*sends strawberryman a basket of kittehs and cookies*

I wish you the best of luck, dude. Hope you come back nice and healthy. Soon is optional.
    No kitties, they get angry. Best wishes, Strawberry.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

Geez. Good luck!
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

I hope that last post proves sufficiently disturbing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #411
    Bugbear in the Playground

Good luck.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

I have 4 assessments tomorrow, so no posts tonight.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

So should I play as an arrancar or should I create a character for another faction for reasons of numbers?

24. - Top - End - #414
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    So should I play as an arrancar or should I create a character for another faction for reasons of numbers?
    Whichever you like. The only rule in that regard is that no player should play more than one of:

- Espada
    - Captain OR Vice-Captain.

Fraccion are fine, as they are considerably more numerous.

And yes, it was quite disturbing, Draken. Perhaps the fact poor Kagome is practically doing a Kekko Kamen cosplay doesn't help...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Wait..."behind"?

I'd been operating under the spatial understanding that, relative to Yoshi's perspective, Nasumi was to one side of Suzume. Hence why her crying made little sense; I hadn't ever imagined she was in danger at all.
    Yes, I noticed I got it the wrong way around once I'd left for the camp. Reviewing the scene, she was either next to or infront of Suzume.

... not that it removes the main point, mind you. Would you be happy to stand next to target when someone is firing live rounds at it? I wouldn't; hence, Nasumi's reaction. "Danger" is a subjective term. Again, thousand-degree electrical arcs flying past you are scary, regardless of whether they're aimed at you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    And considering Bakudo in this whole game are generally doing "jack" and "****", Hado are pretty much my only option. So no, he doesn't have better options.
    Objection! Both Elder and Hannibal have been succesfully restrained by them; in the former's case, she only got free because Allan's aim was off. Karashi, Akio and Feyian can also attest that they do, indeed, work... sometimes.

We need more Bakudou for partial immobilization/debuffs instead of full-on paralysis.
    Uh, hello? Every Bakudo that creates a chain is like that, and that's, like, half of them. Even the very first one, Sai, is like that, as it only ties the arms.

@Vulkan:
    You can just resume playing one, or all, of your old characters. They've only been crossed over from the registry because it didn't seem like you'd be coming back - the characters themselves are still there.

@terry:
    I've seen that test, and I've run most of my characters through it. Most of them score between 10 and 20. Elder and Hannibal are few that I haven't, but I don't have to, because I can tell both of them will score somewhere between 30 and 40 on it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #416
    Pixie in the Playground

And at last, I have returned! Sorry for my impromptu hiatus, I was spending the weekend in New Orleans for Comic Con. But now I'm back, and I will return to posting in my usual fashion.

Speaking of which, I may have Mayumi go to meet Mihail in the hallways, since she isn't teaching a class right now. Would you mind that, Frozen?
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Orc in the Playground

Did I mention to you guys that I've trained my dogs through the POWER OF HEAVY METAL today yet?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

I am trying to think of a way to make Sayaka become a first year student.

Maybe there will be some comedy for this I think (especially of students who know her and Ken), but it is hopefully to allow her to become more involved also.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

29. - Top - End - #419
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I am trying to think of a way to make Sayaka become a first year student.

Maybe there will be some comedy for this I think (especially of students who know her and Ken), but it is hopefully to allow her to become more involved also.
    What if she were to become a monitor to the first year kids? Perhaps she's doing well enough in her studies that she's actually asked to give the first years a good example of how a senpai is supposed to turn out.

Just as a thought.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

@Kayne: Not at all. Mihail is completely free as of now - there's no plot tying him up.

@Others: I need Taiki to advance Kujo's part of the plot, so I'm afraid that aspect of the story will be on hiatus until tgva can get back.

Likewise, waiting for Akio in Ep. 6. Riccaru, I'm pretty sure you can just bury Shiro already - you can work out the details with Lil Shiro if you need to, but I suggest you get over with it in your next post.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."