New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    What if she were to become a monitor to the first year kids? Perhaps she's doing well enough in her studies that she's actually asked to give the first years a good example of how a senpai is supposed to turn out.

Just as a thought.
    She already is this I think. Though it does not make sense because she misses school often. I think this idea doesn't change anything because at school nothing is different for such a senior.

To change to a first year student creates more comedy of Ken and Ayase and Michiko some I think too.

Also it creates new problem for Sayaka as a character. Maybe if reason is supernatural incident, then it maybe becomes 'small plot'. Maybe also to allow her to really focus on her problem of 'normal life' and 'supernatural life' like a [second chance].
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

So what reasons could she possibly have to regress to her first year? I don't think I've ever heard of anything like it.

EDIT: Also, am I high, or is Nasumi DICTATING LOGIC TO SOMEONE?!
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-01-31 at 10:32 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it sounds like a good idea, but I've yet to come up with any suggestions as to how it would come about either.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, I recall Nasumi telling Kazuma to not fight until dead. That didn't count as logical?

I'm trying to write her in a way that you can buy her being, you know, a guard in a prison, and not one of the inmates. You're supposed to be shocked when her own little world deviates from, not overlaps with, common sense.

EDIT: Isn't there a possibility of a wayward students being dropped a grade and repeating a year in Japanese high-school system? Sayaka's certainly been away enough that I could see her being relegated to lower class, even expelled.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-01-31 at 10:49 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    So what reasons could she possibly have to regress to her first year? I don't think I've ever heard of anything like it.

"Supernatural Incident"

Yes I am thinking of how also. Suggestion are ok too I think

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Depending on the answer to the above, my suggestion would be "Reene looks at Sayaka's record and drops her with a year". Maybe as a way to keep all the supernatural students in one place, for some nefarious purpose or another.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    EDIT: Isn't there a possibility of a wayward students being dropped a grade and repeating a year in Japanese high-school system? Sayaka's certainly been away enough that I could see her being relegated to lower class, even expelled.
    I have never heard such a thing.

Depending on the answer to the above, my suggestion would be "Reene looks at Sayaka's record and drops her with a year". Maybe as a way to keep all the supernatural students in one place, for some nefarious purpose or another.
    I think it is possible and can be used as [result incident]. Maybe it is useful for Reene to use advantage of situation. But it doesn't solve problem of changing Sayaka's age I think.

Maybe a hollow power to combine with Sayaka's talisman in some strange way when she is holding it? Or make mistake when training Ken at shrine?
    Maybe this could become Episode thread I wonder.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Pixie in the Playground

all the best today..get well soon

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Ok, so, I figure I should warn you all. On the 1st, I'll be having major surgery. I'm having my thyroid removed, as it has been nonfunctional since birth and more recently has been expanding at an alarming rate. There's a day or so of hospital recovery time, so in all likelihood I will not be around to post. Not the first time I've had surgery, however, and the last time I had a pretty violently sickening reaction to some of the drugs they gave me afterwards, so things could take longer than we expected.

At any rate, after that, while I won't be skipping around the block for a week, I should be fine for posting. Try to hold off on major plot so I don't miss anything, 'kay?

((Seriously, someone giving me a summary would suffice.))

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

"Supernatural Incident"

Yes I am thinking of how also. Suggestion are ok too I think
    The one idea I have in my mind at the moment is a spirit of some kind making people at the school forget that Sayaka ever attended the previous year. Of course some people might not be affected. Maybe it even reverses her physical age by a year. (Makes me think of the silly image of Sayaka staring at her chest sorrowfully like a typical anime schoolgirl.)

Perhaps it's mad at her because it haunts the school and her talismans have weakened/hurt it. Maybe its presence is so weak Sayaka can't see it without being first made aware of it and the spirit was hoping she would be able to converse with her since she's a shrine caretaker. Maybe Sayaka has been unknowingly sitting in her seat. Maybe Sayaka looks similar to her and she's just envious of someone who resembles her so much getting to live the regular school life that she had cut short and squandering it by often not attending. Perhaps the ghost took school really seriously and feels Sayaka should be forced to repeat a grade because of her lousy attendance record. It could be the ghost of a very fussy and strong willed class representative.

Maybe the spirit could be corrupted by a hollow.

If the spirit makes her physically a year younger it could possibly think what its doing isn't bad and is actually an attempt at helping Sayaka if it actually causes her to live a year longer as a result. Maybe the spirit could be angry because it thinks Sayaka isn't sociable enough with her classmates and it's trying to giver her another chance at making friends. If Sayaka defeats/confronts it with a friend or two it might rest easy seeing that she has in fact made some friends.

I don't expect anyone to really like or take these suggestions seriously. They're just the first things to come to mind.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-01-31 at 07:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground

That drawing is SOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!

Hmm. I would think the best might be a combination of the two. After all, even if she suddenly becomes younger... she still has the same name, overall the same appearance, and the teachers would probably notice there's one student in their class that doesn't belong.

Punishment for her missing so many school days seems like an appropriate measure, though bringing her back one year seems a little... drastic.

So I'd say... it could go something like this:

As a result of a "supernatural incident" (to be determined), Sayaka physically regresses to an earlier age. In order to disguise her condition (she can't very well say she met a Hollow who makes people younger or somesuch, after all), her father comes up with a story of a bizarre medical condition which is undergoing treatment, but which will take a while. Renee then suggests she be placed amid her juniors for the duration of her "treatment", which may very well be the whole year, specially since her record is looking bad for having missed so many classes. Whether the "condition" is public or not, it's up to you, Kasanip.

My suggestion anyway.
    Wait, I recall Nasumi telling Kazuma to not fight until dead. That didn't count as logical?
    Not to him.

He's a soldier, his duty is to kill Hollows or die in the process. But he obviously doesn't want to die, so he'll fall back when he's too injured to fight.

Course, his definition for that is different from that of a lot of people... >.>;;

"OUCH! Papercut! Tell my Captain... I'm sorry... there's cake... in the fridge..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

If she misses school frequently then perhaps part of the coordinatory staff could decide she needs to redo the previous year to improve grades or some other reason.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

If any age regression is happening:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Kuro, but doesn't one of your chars have age-related powers?

Or a Hollow could be invented. It could go as far as a Keine ripoff.

Maybe she tries to make herself older (or more... "talented") and it backfires.

Regardless, she has to end up as a kid at some point.

Maybe her soul is separated from her body, and repairing/replacing it makes it younger. Or she must temporarily use a gigai which looks nothing like her (it can't be modified since if she is removed from it she'll die), or just plain switches bodies with someone.
    EDIT: This allows for later plot hooks when the owner of the body or gigai shows up and people recognise them, or Sayaka gets mistaken for a shinigami and dragged off.

If you want to be silly, you could have her try to pass herself off as her younger sister.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-01-31 at 02:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

Time: something completely different

Once again, I have overcome all obstacles in realization of my culinary power! Apparently I have the bizarre, but incredibly useful for a university student, ability of being able to throw random stuff I find in the pantry together and make it turn out delicious. Who needs recipes?

Today's experiment basically resulted in a sort of fish-curry-vegetable stew. Spicy yet delicate. I looked around Wikipedia Cuisine for a while to see if I'd accidentally recreated anything existing (I was bored, alright?) and I think I have a basic description pegged. I basically ended up with a fusion of Brazilian moqueca and Korean maeuntang. Don't ask me how that works, but it did, and it was delicious.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-01-31 at 02:58 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

About potential Sayaka plot:

Maybe it could tie in with the end of the Michiko plot? I take it some form of Hollow attack is in order, and we have Asdrubal Arriola just waiting for a place in limelight.

Of course, Michiko's plot is a bit stalled now... which reminds me: would the other students notice Kina and Michiko missing during the day? We could use that to foreshadow the plot before Callos and tgva can get their part done.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Bugbear in the Playground

Now now, wouldn't it be fun if Shiro ended up joining the Soul Reaper Academy?

Ah well, first he has to go to the Yama house.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd have nothing against it. Maybe Akio's new "little brother" can serve to instill some common sense to him.

17. - Top - End - #437

I'd have nothing against it. Maybe Akio's new "little brother" can serve to instill some common sense to him.
    Quite possible. To the Rukongai!
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438

Hmmmmm... I just realized it's been forever since I posted in Soul Society, and I feel like I've missed a lot. Can someone fill me in on what's going on.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

The bits that most interest you: Suzume escaped Kyasarin and Yuuki, and is now sorta-fighting Yoshi and Magatsu in 3rd Division grounds, with the 2nd Division likely on her heels.

Elsewhere, the battle with Primera ended, Genoveva escaping back to Hueco Mundo. Of the other Arrancar fights, only the one against Parasitos is still going.

Naraku is still fighting Natsuko and Daisuke in 4th Division hospital.

Kujo is at the Maggot's Nest and about to engage Taiki. Soushi and Karashi are lurking within a mile's distance, with the Commander General on his way.

Eiriku is... still absent.

Note that because Ep. 6 technically takes five days before the current SS plot, Shiro has technically been in Rukongai for a while, and you can have him be in the Yama household in your next post for him.

Also, what is this heresy of each and every Noble house having their home in the Rukongai? Seireitei is called just that because it's supposed to be home to the nobility.

20. - Top - End - #440

The bits that most interest you: Suzume escaped Kyasarin and Yuuki, and is now sorta-fighting Yoshi and Magatsu in 3rd Division grounds, with the 2nd Division likely on her heels.

Elsewhere, the battle with Primera ended, Genoveva escaping back to Hueco Mundo. Of the other Arrancar fights, only the one against Parasitos is still going.

Kujo is at the Maggot's Nest and about to engage Taiki. Soushi and Karashi are lurking within a mile's distance, with the Commander General on his way.

Note that because Ep. 6 technically takes five days before the current SS plot, Shiro has technically been in Rukongai for a while, and you can have him be in the Yama household in your next post for him.

Also, what is this heresy of each and every Noble house having their home in the Rukongai? Seireitei is called just that because it's supposed to be home to the nobility.
    Who said that the noble house was in Rukongai? I just said that Shiro appeared there. You know, because that is where souls normally appear.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground

Parasito is dead and Ryuunosuke Castle is in the Rukongai, not the home of the Ryuunosuke family.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, Draken. I assume you want Naraku to escape in Kagome's body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #443
    Dwarf in the Playground

About potential Sayaka plot:

Maybe it could tie in with the end of the Michiko plot? I take it some form of Hollow attack is in order, and we have Asdrubal Arriola just waiting for a place in limelight.

Of course, Michiko's plot is a bit stalled now... which reminds me: would the other students notice Kina and Michiko missing during the day? We could use that to foreshadow the plot before Callos and tgva can get their part done.
    I would be perfectly A-ok with Asdrubal showing up for some fun.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Incidentally, Draken. I assume you want Naraku to escape in Kagome's body.
    Yeah. He can't interact much without a body, so I would have to make him find and kill something/someone else in case he were forced to flee her body.

Incidentally, what is everyone's opinion on spirit alligators in the sewers of the seireitei?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #445

Well then, someone needs to post there so I don't double post, now don't they.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground

@Prime: More like age-related side-effect. It's a property of the weird way his "spiritual metabolism" works; it doesn't produce Reiatsu on its own, and as such Hasunaga has to absorb it from others or consume copious amounts of food. His body "grows younger" as a result of the circulating Reiatsu.

Theoretically, if he used a minimal amount of power constantly, Hasunaga could keep his mid-thirties/late twenties form for Very Long Periods of Time.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-01-31 at 05:59 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447

Hey, Knight, Josiah realizes that Silva isn't a child, right? She looks like she's in her twenties.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

"Children" is a very subjective term. Neither Sora or Silva look very childish, but it wouldn't be that odd for someone notably older to refer them that way.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

"Children" is a very subjective term. Neither Sora or Silva look very childish, but it wouldn't be that odd for someone notably older to refer them that way.
    See: Von Geister.

He calls everyone by "child".
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #450

...you and your logic...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907