New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Yes, Seireitei is mazelike (Every town is to an extent.), and some of the roofs are too high for every Shinigami to leap. Finally, leaping with such force (And Shunpo itself) creates a loud noise which can be detected, raises dust clouds and leaves footprints. Super hearing is not required, normal hearing is more than enough. Running as fast as you can is anti-thetical to stealth no matter how invisible you are.

I think you are selling perfectly ordinary hearing and sense of smell short. Someone would have to go out of their way to mask those in addition to Kyokko to be perfectly unnoticeable.

Shunpo also isn't instant movement, and I also dispute it being a "basic" skill. At least, having it to the extent of being uncatchable is not basic. Besides, if everyone has Shunpo, everyone also has the reflexes required to react to Shunpo... and taking advance is a basic marksmanship skill. Combined with the distinct sound Shunpo makes, someone proficient with Bakudo would have a decent chance catching a dashing Kyokko user within a net or barrier.

In fact, watching the Anime, even simple airwalking creates a distinct sound.

I re-iterate: for Kyokko to be as fool-proof as you make it to be, it requires that the user has not revealed his position and is in better condition than his opponent. If the user is trying to escape an overpowering foe, that's shot all to hell already.

Yes, Kyokko user could go lie in a ditch and wait - but that's something everyone can do without Kyokko. There's a reason why it sometimes takes a battallion of men to find a single person.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Wait. I did not know Kina and Michiko were supposed to be absent today. In fact, I assumed otherwise, because Kina wasn't going to go and get kidnapped by Michiko in a single day under my original understanding. So people looking for Kina should find her in school...
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

I noticed that. That's why I had Mihail say she should be in class. The whole question stemmed from the fact that I had no clue anymore when exactly her meeting with Michiko was supposed to take place.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Orc in the Playground

My sincere apologies if I'm holding up anyone without realizing it. Lately I've been more than a little bit burned out, so I'm not entirely "YIPEEE!" about posting if you can bear that weird saying.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just realized I haven't used Zeikobuburaku in ages... It's more difficult than I thought getting characters to do stuff. And I don't want to post him as doing something if it isn't important at all, an of course that makes me tell myself "you're stupid" because how can you end up doing something important if you never post with your character. The little things matter. I shouldn't drive myself crazy.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Try to have him do something to bait nc into posting more with Edward. XD

7. - Top - End - #517
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Wait. I did not know Kina and Michiko were supposed to be absent today. In fact, I assumed otherwise, because Kina wasn't going to go and get kidnapped by Michiko in a single day under my original understanding. So people looking for Kina should find her in school...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I noticed that. That's why I had Mihail say she should be in class. The whole question stemmed from the fact that I had no clue anymore when exactly her meeting with Michiko was supposed to take place.
    Oh, really? Shoot. I thought that they were absent "today", which is why I was having Mayumi mention it. I was going off a post that I saw before, which I recall mentioning when someone would notice that Kina and Michiko weren't there. However, I can chalk it up to Mayumi's absentmindedness, and her distraction due to her meeting with Elder. Elder seems to have that effect on people.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

I was just unsure about the whole "Michiko and Kina being absent" thing being today. They were going to be absent the day that Kina got kidnapped, but I did not think that was the current Mortal World day, I thought that was some other time.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

If Kina is not to be kidnapped, then I should not have posted Kazari to view Michiko and Kina. I thought I was to do such a thing, because Kazari also was supposed to be kidnapped at same time. <(>< )>

What is the current mortal world school plan? Is there something people want to do during school hours? Is it ok to make a post to close normal 'class' period?

I don't want to make an interruption of other plans I don't know.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't have any plans and I don't really think anything was planned for the school period.

On an unrelated note, Tonnura-san reminds me much of my cat.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

And now for something completely different:

Quote Originally Posted by Outtakes from Hueco Mundo View Post
    Pico: "Ka. Me. Ha. Me. HA!"

Lalita: "Hadoken!"

Pico: "Terraaa.... FORCE!"

Lalita: "Love-Coloured Master Spark!"

Pico: "Getsuga Tenshou!"

Lalita: "Beautiful Charlotte Cuuhlhourne's Final Holy Wonderful Pretty Super Magnum Sexy Sexy Glamourous Cero!"

Pico: "Huh?"

Director: "CUUUUT!!! "

Director: "I can tell one of you is not taking this seriously. For the love of God, STOP!"

Lalita: "Yeah, sorry about that last one... maybe we can all go and have tea after this. I mean, my place is still pretty wrecked but..."
    "You know, I could've just dodged it. My hitbox is small enough to pull it off. It would've netted me some sweet Graze points, too..."

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

Must... resist... flat chest... joke...
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    If Kina is not to be kidnapped, then I should not have posted Kazari to view Michiko and Kina. I thought I was to do such a thing, because Kazari also was supposed to be kidnapped at same time. <(>< )>
    We have a misunderstanding, Kasanip, a lot of which is my fault. Kina is being kidnapped, yes, but not in the current day of the RP. That is, there will be a day during which Kina and Michiko are absent, but it is not this one.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

On the plus side, the incident means Kazari has met and has a reason to trust Kina and Michiko, which means her getting kidnapped makes more sense!

This knowledge also straightens up the timeline some. Everyone expect Michiko is now provenly in "Day+2", with Ep. 6 happening at the evening of the same day. I suggest everyone keep the time running at a timely pace - I wouldn't be against skipping to after-school club activities, but I don't have any student characters so it's your call.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

This knowledge also straightens up the timeline some. Everyone expect Michiko is now provenly in "Day+2", with Ep. 6 happening at the evening of the same day. I suggest everyone keep the time running at a timely pace - I wouldn't be against skipping to after-school club activities, but I don't have any student characters so it's your call.
    We need to actually write that timeline down sometime...

16. - Top - End - #526
    Pixie in the Playground

I have a few characters i am trying to complete and get approved. This is one. Thanks for any help.

Character Submission:

Eiji Ito, 4th Seat of the 1st Division

Spoiler
    Show

Ito, Eiji (family, given)

Vital Stats:
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 130lbs.
    Hair:
    Messy dark black hair that lays swept over his right eye most of the time. He will pull his hair back into a very short pony tail on top of his head messily, when writing for long times.
    Skin:
    Lightly tanned skin
    Eyes:
    Very pale green
    Reiatsu:
    Pale red, though it is only seen at the rarest of moments.
    4th Seat 1st Division.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

A very skinny young man, attractive to the ladies of all ages. He is fit enough though it is obvious his talents are not aggressively physical in nature. He wears a traditional Shinigami uniform, though he wears it open and loose at the chest wear he keeps loose paper of all kinds and writing and drawing implements tucked inside. Wears a green gripped katana on his hip at times, it is not his zanpaktuo but that is not known by all.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Eiji is perhaps the most highly regarded and talented artist/calligrapher in all of the Gotei. His portraits are beautiful, his landscapes eloquent, his calligraphy awe inspiring. He is a natural and artistic prodigy when it comes to the pen arts. (However when it comes to poetry and prose he is "less" than highly skilled) He comes from a Lesser Noble house and was raised in a high degree of luxury. He is well aware of his talent and the constant demands from the Gotei, Noble Houses, Lesser Nobles, merchants and general citizenry have on him and his unique artistic gift.

He is not fond of fighting nor really much physical exertion at all. He is fit enough to pass the base level tests for combat, though is wary to contribute. One of the reasons he joined the 1st Division was so that he could work less in the combat duties of the Shinigami.

He tries to act like the fame and notoriety of his artistic success is beneath him, but he will often be found at restaurants and bars drinking and eating on other people's dimes. A scribble on a napkin or quick signature in his hand has gotten him many a favor. It is even said there is at least a 1 year wait by wealthy women alone for services of producing a portrait done by Eiji.

He is a charming young man, he is confident about his abilities and quick to leave a situation he is bored with. He is never lacking for money and takes every opportunity to wear the finest clothes, drink the finest drink and eat the finest food. He also never hesitates to share his money and wealth on his friends an those around him, which has made him popular not only within the Gotei (as he has helped fund many barracks repairs or upgrades) but also in the restaurants and bars (as he voice is often heard saying "a round of sake for everyone!!!")

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Eiji has no knowledge of his life in the mortal world, and grew up in the Lesser-Noble Kaneko household from as far back as he can remember. He was told he was only a baby when the Kaneko house adopted him, and he has been a consistent source of pride and joy for the Kaneko family.
    He grew up in wealth and was taught for many years in the arts of history, reading, writing, etiquette, philosophy, but almost as soon as he could lift a pen it was noticed he had artistic talent (some of his childhood drawings fetching the largest sums of money for his work on the art market in the Soul Society).

While his studies in other areas were still taught, the Kaneko family pushed him more and more towards his artistic skills. He had little worry in his life and knew and cared little for the Shinigami and the Gotei. As he aged he spent his time drawing, writing, and fraternizing with women.

The Kaneko Family over the years had provided many members to the Gotei over its long history, and Eiji was not on its radar until an older member of the Kaneko family, a Shinigami in the Gotei, returned to the family for an extended period of time due to nearly fatal injury. Over that time he took an interest in Eiji after sensing his growing spiritual pressure. They were fast friends and he told him many stories of the adventures he had been on, as well as the attractive talented Shinigami women in the Gotei. The older Gotei member once healed begged Eiji to join the Gotei and enroll in the academy, but Eiji saw little interest in joining. Only once word came of the elder member tragically dying to save a family did something deep inside of Eiji come forth. He packed up his pens and papers, and after a beautiful scroll was written to his family about what he was doing, he marched to the Academy and enrolled.

At the Academy he was less than a stellar student as he was more interested in the girls and his art than the coursework. He also did not enjoy the physical work either. He was not so fond of the sword, and was more interested in the calligraphy of the Kido books rather than the memorization and incantations. He was particularly sensitive to spiritual pressures and his shunpo was VERY good, but he was obviously not a combatant first.

His instructors were wary of him moving along, as they saw less and less potential avenues for his talents. They were awe struck at his calligraphy and artistic skill and it is even said some of his instructors may have given him higher scores on his work because they could never give a low score to something so beautiful.Still Eiji pressed on and only in his final year (6th year) did his calling come forth in a rather obvious way.

Eiji had just finished working on meditation, and had found nothing to come of it. He always found meditation to be so boring. He was considering going out on the town when he felt an urge to do some calligraphy. As he sat in front of the paper and worked, he found quickly that the words he was writing were coming quicker than he could think them. It felt like someone else was saying them. The words flew out of him faster and faster, his arm got quicker and quicker and the words were like they were talking with him. Eventually it became apparent that Eiji had NOT come out of his meditation and in fact he was speaking with his Zanpakuto. The conversations escalated more and more and eventually it concluded with the Eiji yelling "what is your name!!" of which the Zanpakuto then exclaimed loudly ""Eregantona Shinjitsu!!" (エレガントな真実!!, Elegant Truth!!)". This was his Zanpakuto's name, and as he said it his pen in his hand glowed red and got hotter and hotter and hotter until it could barely be held on to, then in a flash of red energy it transformed into a beautiful black and silver pen. He looked at it, then it wrote more out on the paper in front of him, it did not feel very fast any more in fact, he felt like it was slow and pushed it go faster, which it did with no hesitance. It began to read that it gave him the ability to write fast, and that in time it could allow him to do more. Then as fast as the words came, they stopped and Eiji came out of his meditation and where his practice sword once lay across his lap, now only the black and silver pen remained.

Eiji also could tell there was something different about himself as well. He was stronger and felt more enlivened. He picked up the pen and began to write, and it was fast. VERY fast. Faster than he could think it seemed. He had never been able to write this fast before, nor draw. It was as if his mind and his hand were linked together and in concert with one another.

At school the next day all the other student and the instructors could tell walking in that he Eiji was glowing with spiritual power. He was taken aside and he explained what had happened and showed them what he could do. He was then made aware that he was in his Shikai form and that it looked as if his Zanpaktuo was a constant release type. His future seemed very apparent. He was destined to utilize his skill with the pen, in the 1st Division.
    A scribe of this skill was extremely useful and his calligraphy skills would only further benefit the 1st division's more diplomatic publications.

So he did indeed graduate to the 1st Division, and spent his time doing clerical work often times seemingly faster than he could receive it. Getting his work done quickly was always a good thing, and for the artistically and female minded Eiji it was even more useful as he had much more free time. His fast and high level of completing his work combined with his fame and talent raised him to much popularity in the Gotei and as such he went up in rank quickly. He wasnt a normal leader, but he did find himself being able to direct and organize other note takers and scribes quite well.

He now spends most of his time finishing his work quickly and spending as much time as he can on his art or in the bars and restaurants with women. He has little desire to complete his training with his zanpakuto and learn any further skills from it.

Zanpaktou "Eregantona Shinjitsu" (エレガントな真実, Elegant Truth)
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpaktou Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Take no physical form, but instead guides Eiji's hand as he writes talking to him through those words. The words will be written in various ways as to show the emotion or intensity of the Zanpakuto words. what is being written on is a matter of what is in the vicinity. It may be parchment, it may be a tree, it may be a window, it may be blood etc..

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show

The inner world of Eregantona Shinjitsu is an exact copy of wherever Eiji is at the time he enters it, just empty of any other souls.

Sealed state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Eregantona Shinjitsu has NO sealed state. However if knocked unconscious, I guess it would return to the form of a standard katana with a green hilt, until Eiji awakened. However, Eiji will at times wear a practice katana with a green hilt if the attire is called for, and keep his zanpaktuo in his shirt pocket.

Sealed state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

As it has no sealed state, unless Eiji is unconscious therefore it has no fighting style. However, Eiji will at times wear a practice katana with a green hilt if the attire is called for, and keep his zanpaktuo in his shirt pocket.

Sealed state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

None

General Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanjutsu:
    Spoiler
    Show

His swordsmanship is very lacking, while he knows the skills and is capable enough for his rank if pushed to do so, he loathes swordsmanship and the training in it. While he wears a “fake” zanpaktuo for appearances, he hardly unsheathes it and has left it behind at restaurants or bars quite often. While his swordsmanship is quite lacking he did receive additional training with knives in the Academy through his Hakuda training in various martial arts. And is quite adept at close combat knife and dagger fighting.

Hakuda:
    Spoiler
    Show

When first taking Hakuda courses at the Academy Eiji struggled somewhat with the varying techniques. However, once his Shikai awakened and the power of his Zanpaktuo manifest in him at all times. He came to learn Hakuda rather quickly and became quite good at it. The speed of his hand to write and draw at superior speeds made simple parallel to hand to hand combat. He is very above average in hand to hand combat, and of all combat types for a Shinigami to employ, Hakuda would be the one Eiji would be most likely to use. Eiji tends to focus on hand and arm focused hand to hand fighting as well. Boxing, Karate, etc. While Eiji, is quite skilled in Hakuda he rarely trains with anyone in it and tends to do so privately. He himself is very self conscious about his skill in it, as it is a skill he has such a high degree in but is not something he was born with (like his writing an art), he takes great pride in his hand to hand training and as such he holds himself to a much higher standard than anyone else would. He often even talks down about his skill in Hakuda, when anyone who had gone to school with him and seen him fight in it or seen him by chance training it would know quite the opposite.

Special Hakuda (name here of his personal style of martial arts)
    Eiji’s Shikai is not intended to be used for combat, but with his Hakuda training and his Shikai’s ability to allow him to write and draw at extreme speeds has led to him utilizing a very stylized fighting style of his own, combining knife fighting and calligraphy to form a kind of ballet of high speed strikes and thrusts which match with deliberate kanji strokes.

Hoho:
    Spoiler
    Show

Being in constant Shikai, his Hoho is increased at all times, though it tends to be pushed mostly towards his hands speed. He was very adept in the Academy with Hoho, and was very fast, learning shunpo rather easily, and trait he has continued to hone and get better at as he ascended the ranks. As skilled as he is at it, he rarely is found rushing anywhere.

Kido:
    Spoiler
    Show

Very below average, only knowing a few incantations well enough to use them without incantation. Was more interested in the writing of Kido rather than the use of it while in school. He could write out any incantation in the book, however casting it would be very difficult.

Reiryoku:
    Spoiler
    Show

He has a good amount of spiritual power and his sensitivity is well enough for someone of his rank, but he is not adept at pushing it or using outside the normal ways.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Command:
    Spoiler
    Show

“Eregantona Shinjitsu!! (Elegant Truth)" (was only said once when first manifest as it is a constant release Shikai)

Shikai state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Eregantona Shinjitsu takes the constant form of a thin pen. It is black and silver and is very thin and perfectly fitted to Eiji’s hand. Its silver tip is quite sharp and its edge extends up the pen somewhat in the center. Eiji could strike with it if he wanted as a small dagger or very short cutting knife, but the look of it would not indicate it could be used as such.

Shikai state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

Eregantona Shinjitsu is not meant for fighting as far as Eiji has trained with it. He has trained in his martial arts work to fight with knives and daggers as a means to utilize his Shikai’s form. Eiji’s Shikai is not intended to be used for combat, but with this training and the Shikai’s ability to allow him to write and draw at extreme speeds has led to him utilizing a very stylized fighting style of his own, combining knife fighting and calligraphy to form a kind of ballet of strikes which match kanji strokes at high speeds.

Shikai state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

Eregantona Shinjitsu is a constant release Shikai and has one primary ability, the ability to enhance Eiji’s speed when writing and drawing, and as an extension do anything with his hands utilizing these skills (i.e. his personal style of martial arts). The best way to describe the ability is to liken it to allowing Eiji’s hand and thoughts to be linked together in such a way that they are practically in sync. If Eiji can think it, it can be written at the same speed. It allows him to be without question to be the fastest writer in the Gotei, and this speed does not hinder Eiji to be as artistic with his strokes as he would like to be. It does not force him to do this activity fast if Eiji does not desire it.

Bankai:
    (Not learned nor does Eiji have any desire to learn it nor have any knowledge of what it may offer at this time, but this could change within RP after beginning playing the character)
    Spoiler
    Show

Bankai state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not learned nor does Eiji have any desire to learn it nor have any knowledge of what it may offer at this time, but this could change within RP after beginning playing the character)

If ever achieved his black and silver pen would slightly become longer into more of paintbrush with a very long streamer attached to it. Still very sharp at the tip and on its side.

Bankai state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

His fighting style would not change very much, however Eiji would likely train to find a way to enhance his personal style of martial arts to include the extended reach of his new weapon.

Bankai state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

Upon the command of “Bankai” Eregantona Shinjitsu would transform itself and would allow Eiji to “draw” or “write” out things which would make them come into reality for short periods of time. Eiji’s heightened speed is not lost in this new ability. The zanpaktuo would leave pale red marks in the air like a floating “sketch” until its completion. These items can be as intricate as Eiji can imagine, even allowing for mechanical items if done and depicted correctly. They would only last as long as Eiji was in Bankai form and even then no longer than 5 minutes at a time. While constructing a living thing would seemingly impossible, Eiji can depict a living thing, but for much less time. Only one minute maximum. He would have to depict the item and then write on it in Kanji its basic abilities. There is no limit to how long Eiji takes to construct one of these items, but it is limited by him having to be in Bankai to construct it and must be done in one sitting. If Eiji had the desire to produce a living thing depicting every detail of the anatomy of such an item, it could last for 5 minutes, however any mistake would be catastrophic to the depiction and its movements.

2 Examples:

1:
    For a steel wall to block an attack, Eiji would draw in the air the wall in its size desired, then adding kanji to it for its property for being “steel”. Once done, it would materialize and stay in existence for 5 minutes.

2:
    For a nameless Shinigami to stand at the doorway of an office to make it look like there is a guard, Eiji would draw to the size wanted the look of the Shinigami and all the clothes and accessories, then adding kanji for any properties of the Shinigami. In this case: breathing motion, random blinking, move head from right to left every 3 seconds, if someone is within 5 meters the eyes would look to the person and the figure would say “halt” and grab its sword at the grip. All of this (and more if desired) would have to be written out in kanji before it would be materialized. Then it would only last for 1 minute as this form assumes to much intricate movement to be depicted by Eiji’s hand.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, Kayne, you missed my Soul Society post. ;_;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    We need to actually write that timeline down sometime...
    I'm actually doing it right now, compiling a list of events and when they happened from memory. It's pretty much a bullet-point list right now, but I'll post it in the wiki once I get it done so people can fill in events I missed and expand on those I captured, with links and details on which characters took part.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Pixie in the Playground

Here is another character i had been working on. I am also working on a Fraccion for the Primera and a Human as well, so look forward to seeing them soon as well.

Thank you for any advice you have.

Character submission:

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division

Spoiler
    Show

Banzuke, Taro (family, given)
    (Ring name (close friends may call him this or those only remembering him from the Sumo ring): “Banzukewaka”)

Vital Stats:
    Height: 6’11
    Weight: 400lbs.
    Hair:
    Has dark black hair tied back in a traditional sumo hairstyle called “Chonmage”. Additionally he wears it in a more extravagant “Oicho” style, which is rather rare. He still wears this hairstyle despite him being inactive in the Soul Society Sumo wrestling federation (normally once retiring you snip off the topknot), something which makes his fans believe he will make a comeback some day.
    Skin:
    Very pale, but tough, white skin.
    Eyes:
    Green
    Reiatsu:
    Light blue with dark blue border
    3rd Seat of the 10th Division

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is a very large man, monumental in size, and his past profession as Sumo wrestler is obvious in his looks and dress. He wears the traditional black Shinigami robes, however he wears the top of the robes extremely open showing much of his chest. Around his belly he also wears some fabric under the robes on which are colorful and have significance to his Sumo wrestling days. He also does not wear the normal Shinigami shoes instead being barefoot at all times. He is a handsome, but large man. He is just as in shape as he once was while in Sumo, and is extremely physically strong and imposing and very rarely is able to hide in a crowd.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is a rather laid back individual though not a fool, and even as a young and famous Sumo wrestler he has always been rather modest. Loyal to his fans he never hesitates to sign an autograph even after he entered the Gotei 13. He is a free speaker, when given the opportunity, and is very observant and quite the detective. He joined the Gotei 13 after he decided to stop competing in the Soul Society Sumo Wrestling Federation, something his entire family was against. He gave no reason other than he felt his talents could be better served as a Shinigami rather than in tournaments. He enjoys sake and will spend his free time in the various bars in the Seretei and Rukongai, and despite his size he has never been found lacking to find an open seat. He also enjoys eating in general and especially sweets (Earth doughnuts being his favorite), a common scene in the morning will find Taro with a box of doughnuts and a mug of coffee in his hands as he does his patrols. He uses his large size to his benefit in his job with the 10th Division, often being able to stop fights just by showing up to a brawl or ruckus. He is rather shy around ladies, though has many female admirers (old and young) from his time as a Sumo wrestler.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Banzuke family is a family of Sumo wrestlers, every male has been an expert and famous Sumo wrestler and Taro is no different achieving the Yokuzuna title very early in his career. His early life was spent training and wrestling, watching his brothers and fathers all wrestle. When it was finally his time, he entered with a flourish and to this day he still holds the record for consecutive bouts without a loss (115-0) in the SSSWF (Soul Society Sumo Wrestling Federation) in the 25-50 year old age group, which gave him the celebrity status that he still holds today.

After wrestling for some time Taro found himself bored with tournaments and at the same time he felt his spiritual power rising. He began to slack on his training and bailed out of many tournaments, getting caught up in his celebrity status and developing a drinking and partying problem. One night he was at a bar drunk when a thief tried to steal from him and he lashed out at the thief with his hand. Only wishing to knock the man down, he was surprised to find out he had almost killed the man as he had added spiritual power to his hand attack without knowing due to his drunkenness. Taro was immediately put on probation from the SSSWF, his family almost disowning him, and he himself falling into a deep depression. After, cleaning up and training again he re-entered the SSSWF and competed for a short while, but he had lost all desire for competition, and as such he left the organization and joined the Gotei 13. His family was appalled by this and has since never went to see him since he joined.

His natural talents in Sumo, and celebrity status got him in despite his rather reasonable amount of spiritual pressure. He was not the best student at the Shinigami Academy, and as such it took him five years to complete the coursework and training, but at the end of those 5 years he was far from the young man who had entered the Academy. He had control of himself, his spiritual power, and had learned the basics of the Shinigami craft. He excelled at hand to hand combat (Sumo) as well as his observation and critical thinking aptitude tests and as such he was placed in the 10th Division (Military Police), where he felt his hand to hand skills could best be served.

Once joining the 10th, he used his talents as his Cpt and officers saw fit, even at times using his celebrity status to help thwart issues rather than his brute strength. He worked hard at his job, and moved himself up the ranks fast, ultimately bringing him to his current rank of 3rd Seat. He also found that he got along very well with his superiors and quite enjoyed the personal training they offered when it came to his Zanpaktou training. Training for Taro was something had always excelled at and this was no different. He gained Shikai relatively early and has spent much of his time since then trying to master it, though rarely using it in his training of his subordinates, instead using his masterful use of hand to hand combat to train them.

He serves his Captain without question, and works hard for him doing whatever is asked. Joining the Gotei and achieving something other than tournament wins has brought Taro back to being a confident Soul, one who relishes his duties as well as his free time, even regaining his love for drinking sake in excess at times. He still, is somewhat bothered by his family not speaking to him, especially when the Sumo tournaments are happening.

Zanpaktou "Nomi no Sukune"
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpaktou Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

The form of Nomi no Sukune is that of a large 20ft tall man made of a rocky material with a long beard. He is a boastful and egotistical man, calling out Taro for being a wimp all the time, challenging him to wrestle in his Inner World to prove he is worthy of his help outside of it.

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Inner World of Nomi no Sukune is that of a large white marble quarry hexagonal and stadium-like in shape, with multiple tiers rising into the sky. Black sand covers the ground, and Nomi no Sukune sits on a throne of marble as he talks to Taro. The air is always whipping in the “stadium” and it has even rained and thundered on some of Taro’s visits.

Sealed state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro carries a simple katana with a hexagonal tsuba, and light light blue grip, which he carries on his left side tucked into his white belt. It looks rather small on such a large man, and he rarely uses it in this form, choosing to rather fight hand to hand or in Shikai form.

Sealed state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

As was said before, Taro rarely fights with his Zanpaktou in its sealed state, choosing to fight hand to hand or in his Shikai form. When he does, he is competent but not very fluid in his movements.

Sealed state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

None

General Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanjutsu:
    Spoiler
    Show

As 3rd Seat in the Gotei 13, Taro can wield his sword very well, however due to his size and the size of his sealed Zanpaktou it is clumsier than perhaps his rank should allow for. He is more than capable of holding his own with a sword, but it would be a far stretch to consider Taro a skilled swordsman. When Taro is in Shikai form his Zanpaktou takes the form of a sharpened War Fan, something he is far more skilled in wielding (though focusing on deflection and blocking).

Hakuda:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is one of the most masterful hand to hand combatants within the Gotei 13. Regardless of rank, his skill especially in Sumo is unparalleled. Due to his immense size and spiritual pressure, he is a force to be reckoned with in this arena of combat. He is proficient in most Martial Arts, those due to his size he tends to focus his talents on grapples, locks, throws, and hand strikes.

Hoho:
    Spoiler
    Show

Despite his enormous size, Taro moves rather quick, but this still ranks him at the bottom end of his 3rd Seat counterparts when it comes to speed of foot. Taro prefers to fight on the ground if at all possible, as he says it is a waste of spiritual pressure to fight in the air if it can be avoided.

Kido:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro was at the Shinigami Academy for 5 years, it could have been 2-3 years if he would have picked up Kido faster. When he graduated he was competent enough, but it was obviously his least proficient skill, and is still so today. Per training in the 10th he has focused primarily on binding Kido, as the jobs of his division have required it of him, but his offensive Kido is rather non-existent past only the most basic of spells.

Reiryoku:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is an enormous man, and even as such his spiritual pressure makes him even bigger. Still training to utilize it best, Taro has embraced his size and his spiritual pressure. He channels his spiritual pressure into his hand to hand combat often, this combined with his hand to hand combat skill provides for a truly imposing figure on the battlefield. His punches and slaps are legendary (heightened by his celebrity status obviously), in a spar once he even knocked the East Gate Guardian to his knees in one punch, after they argued over who was the more immovable man.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Command:
    Spoiler
    Show

“Hand of fate, your fingers spread wide!”

Shikai state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

After speaking the command and drawing his Zanpaktou form its sheath, his sword would turn into an extremely large black Japanese war fan with sharpened edges. Kanji written in red ink on both side reads “fate”.

Shikai state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro wields his War Fan in mostly a defensive manner, blocking and deflecting attacks, but he also will strike with its flat edge to incapacitate or strike with its sharpened edges in slashing maneuvers. Taro tends to fight with his fan in one hand while he uses his hand to hand combat to grapple his opponent, and bring them closer so he can strike them with the fan or its special attacks.

Shikai state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro’s Shikai power allows for him to strike the ground (or air) in front of him which will then cause one of two things can happen:
    - A massive explosive light blue energy beam to extend in the either direction the words on his fan are pointed, to a distance of no more than 50 yards. The farther it reaches the less powerful the beam of energy is. Taro can choose which ever direction he wants, as “fate” is written on both sides this allows for fighting him to be rather hard to get behind and surprise. He also can decide to choose both directions, however this will reduce the power of the explosive beam by half on each side.
    - From the edge of the fan will extend light blue energy with a dark blue border like a large shield. This will extend for about 8ft around the fan. This serves as a energy shield able to withstand several blows. It can stay up as long as Taro wants it to, though it weakens as Taro weakens. Also it may be used in conjunction with the first abilities on "one" side while firing the energy beam on the other. This will reduce both the beam and shield to be half as powerful. Along with this the shield side, when both are used at the same time will NOT be able to block from the side the energy beam extends.

Bankai:
    (Not achieved as of the insertion of this character into the RP)
    Spoiler
    Show

Bankai state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

Bankai state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

(Not achieved)
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay people, listen up!

Take a good long look at the "Story so far" page. If you know how to use the wiki, you are encouraged to expand and correct each point in the list. If you don't know how to use the wiki, you are still encouraged to look at it to spot any errors. For our newer players, I hope this will explain several things of what is actually going on.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Okay people, listen up!

Take a good long look at the "Story so far" page. If you know how to use the wiki, you are encouraged to expand and correct each point in the list. If you don't know how to use the wiki, you are still encouraged to look at it to spot any errors. For our newer players, I hope this will explain several things of what is actually going on.
    I like how it's implied that France is some weird alternate dimension.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Halfling in the Playground

I like how it's implied that France is some weird alternate dimension.
    You didn't already know that? Gosh, when I went to France a couple of years ago, I came back like a little programmed robot that spoke le Francais.

@KD: P....prayer tags? I didn't know there were vampires around here! Spooky...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

So if anyone isnt busy an looking for character interaction I'm in [Octava's district] everyone I PM is busy

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    @KD: P....prayer tags? I didn't know there were vampires around here! Spooky...
    "Don't worry, honey. I have high-velocity stake cannons for vampires.

...I mean, uh...Vampires don't exist! Neither do ghosts, or Hollows, or Shinigami! I don't know what those things are.
    "

*Josiah tries to dive off-screen for cover*
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

"The prayer tags are for appeasing ancestral spirits. The garlic flowers are for the vampires."

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

He what photo editor are you guys using to draw your avatars? My lines never come out smooth no matter what I do..

I.E this

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Vulkan; 2011-02-03 at 09:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    He what photo editor are you guys using to draw your avatars? My lines never come out smooth no matter what I do..

I.E this

Spoiler
    Show

That's a lot better than I can do. I think the program is called inkscape or something. What are you using now?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    So if anyone isnt busy an looking for character interaction I'm in [Octava's district] everyone I PM is busy
    Well ummm... I'll RP, but Zeiko doesn't have much reason to leave Edwards Palacio, but I'm sure I can think of something.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "Don't worry, honey. I have high-velocity stake cannons for vampires.

...I mean, uh...Vampires don't exist! Neither do ghosts, or Hollows, or Shinigami! I don't know what those things are.
    "

*Josiah tries to dive off-screen for cover*
    *raises eyebrow

*ominously.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #540

Hmmm... What's the second step in discovering your Soul Reaper abilities again? After hunger... Doing something cool with your reiatsu?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show