New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Horngeek is totally right; Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition is a very robust system, and could model things quite well. It'd even easily allow for a large range of Shunpo ability and such. Precisely statting shikai and bankai (as in, taking into account things like time limits and such) could be tricky, but it's doable.

Only downside is that fewer people know the system as well as they do D&D 3.5e.
    Mecha and Manga's Battle Form can do that. Not easily, but it can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #722
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    It is generally a better idea to be active about your character's actions; waiting in the background will generally make people not react to you unless you're doing something specific or need to talk to you anyway.

That said, barring pre-arranged scenes, 24 hours is generally considered more than a fair amount of time to wait for a response.
    ^_^ ah it's been a few days now.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Plans:
    Kina is going to the shrine. Due to a short reference, the bullying scene has already happened. I'm uncomfortable with Kina being captured immediately after the bullying scene, it's not something she would go along with. She can be captured at some point after that, though, like the day after the scene she's currently in.

Edit: Spoilers from manga.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, fullbringers...do we expect to use these in this game at all? Apparently, Chad is a fullbringer. That's very interesting, very interesting indeed...
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-02-10 at 12:58 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #724
    Orc in the Playground

Actually could bother your character Horngeek when your done with your current scene?

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

There are... reasons that might not work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #726
    Orc in the Playground

-Actually reads dialog- .... Oh my that would be akward to walk in on.
    HOLY CRAP YOU GOTTA LET ME WALK IN AT AN INCREDIBLY AWKWARD TIME SO I CAN OVER REACT

I'm trying to be comic relief

7. - Top - End - #727
    Orc in the Playground

*plot fairy denies thee entry!*

Sorry. There is something preplanned here.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #728
    Orc in the Playground

Alright call on me next time the chance for something incredibly award comes up.

Actually really if anyone has any ideas for anything amusing by all means I'm open to it.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

WOAH HOLY CRAP I FORGOT TO WISH NOTHINGCLEVER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY?!?!?!

Happy (belated) Birthday, nothingclever! Wish I wasn't so slow.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #730
    Orc in the Playground

And now, barring a different name, for your consideration, Ruwa's Segunda Etapa.

Segunda Etapa: Reina Bailarína Del Amor (Queen Dancer of Love)
    Spoiler
    Show
    In this form, Ruwa's tail extends to around 20 feet, and from her back, six serpentine heads extend each with golden hoods in the form of king cobras. Because of her body, she cannot effectively sonido, however, she is very effective at burrowing. Her tail, when used to constrict, has a very powerful crushing force, able to snap bones easily.

Serpents of Love: Each of Ruwa's snakes can concentrate their gaze on a single foe, making them forget an ability that Ruwa has witnessed (much like her resurreccion's hypnotic sway). Each snake can only make a single opponent forget an ability, if one of them focuses this ability on another foe, the previous foe will remember their 'forgotten' ability. Severing the snake's heads, while they eventually grow back, will allow the memory to return as well.
    Each serpent also possesses venomous bites that causes temporary paralysis in a matter of minutes (so Ruwa can more effectively kiss them).

Kiss of Eternal Love: Love only in an odd sense, when Ruwa kisses a foe, they begin to petrify from their feet up. This is only temporary petrification, however, crushing any part of their bodies while under this effect has very grim effects, rendering the body part unusable for some time. The petrification wears off after around an hour. Body pieces never seperate, however they can be fragmented (which explains how limbs stay moderately intact after being crushed).
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-10 at 10:44 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Incidentally, might I suggest that M&M is a better system for statting up the characters than D&D is?
    Of course it is. But it's so easy that's it's not fun.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

About Fullbringers: Effectively, we have them already in the form of varied Mediums. Fullbring is, essentially, just an explanation for thei powers. There are some characters for whom it would work well, and some for whom it wouldn't.

So if someone wants to tie in their character with Fullbringer part of the mythos? Sure, why not.

About Ruwa: I can see where you're coming from, strawberry - Ruwa's Resurreccion is minimal. However, I'm leery of having more Segunda Etapas, even if the powers portrayed aren't that objectionable. The Petrifying Kiss is something you could just add to Ruwa's current Resurreccion.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #733
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    About Ruwa: I can see where you're coming from, strawberry - Ruwa's Resurreccion is minimal. However, I'm leery of having more Segunda Etapas, even if the powers portrayed aren't that objectionable. The Petrifying Kiss is something you could just add to Ruwa's current Resurreccion.
    Agreed. This could also work as a second stage to her Resurrección, similar to what Yammy did.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ettin in the Playground

Or what Cirucci Thunderwitch did, abandoning parts of her body to focus power on a new attack. Or what Nnoitra did, by growing more arms. I have a feeling there were more examples of Arrancar who radically changed their powers and tactics without actually having more releases.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground

Bailarín de la reina del amor actually translates into "Dancer of the queen of love".

You want... Reina Bailarina del Amor. Matter of fact, you want Bailarina for the basic resurreccion as well. Bailarín is a masculine form.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #736
    Orc in the Playground

I guess reservations about more segunda etapa are fair; in that case, how does it hold up as a normal resurreccion?
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #737
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-02-10 at 10:47 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

It's fine. Though I wonder how exact the forgetfulness is - does forgetting a punch render all punches obsolete, for example?

19. - Top - End - #739
    Orc in the Playground

Well, it would make the person forget their Hakuda training. It can't make them forget how to punch or swing a sword, but forgetting how to do so effectively? Yeah. It's basically no different than Ruwa's Hypnotic Sway ability in her "old" resurreccion.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sayaka touches her head with a hand. Sayaka wanted to help, but wet paper talisman cannot do anything. She can only look, being supported by mr. Hasunaga.
    Ah, that was what I was going to have Ken resort to next. I was wondering about that.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-10 at 01:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Orc in the Playground

Hey shouldn't we be aware of the combat going on at this point inside of Las Nochas?

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

Which combat? Los Nachos Las Noches is huge, and some ill-informed Arrancar figthing each other is hardly uncommon. So what fight piques your interest that makes you want to join, instead of flee for your life?

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

About Fullbringers: Effectively, we have them already in the form of varied Mediums. Fullbring is, essentially, just an explanation for their powers. There are some characters for whom it would work well, and some for whom it wouldn't.

So if someone wants to tie in their character with Fullbringer part of the mythos? Sure, why not.
    The latest chapter revealing Chad's object sure does make it sound like it could work well for Ken, but I like the idea of keeping things vague.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-10 at 01:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Orc in the Playground

Which combat? Los Nachos Las Noches is huge, and some ill-informed Arrancar figthing each other is hardly uncommon. So what fight piques your interest that makes you want to join, instead of flee for your life?
    Nah just seems with some of the character's powers it would be a bit hard to miss. But as for a fight? I want to save my first fight for that special someone

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

"Kondo-san, do you think your father may be able to tell us what's happening to her?"
    I'd sure think so after she basically implied that on the last page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sayaka
    "We should hurry to Houheiden. My father can help." She suggested urgently. Unless Mr. Hasunaga or the other man could help Kina.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-10 at 03:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Orc in the Playground

Can help and know what to do are two different things.

Besides, wasn't this before Kina started screaming?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

Besides, wasn't this before Kina started screaming?
    It was after/during.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-10 at 03:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Orc in the Playground

My mistake then.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

Nonono! You're supposed to blame your character! XD

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever's av
    Which Rider is that, nc?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-02-13 at 11:15 AM.