New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Magatsu's not a psychopath! He's just... uh... alternately moraled. That's it.

"Bah. 3rd Division makes the best cookies. Last meal, don't you know. And Nasumi... I think I'll assign you to a very honored position. You'll get to make cookies for inmates of Maggot's Nest."

"But... that's what I did! They liked them, they really did! Especially this sweet former captain locked up in the basement... hmmm, why is such a nice man imprisoned there anyway...?"

Meanwhile elsewhere:

"Huh? What's this shiver running down my spine? Sumtin's wrong with th' world..."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Which means he's free to go to other places. I really wish we could go a little faster to get to the "Chaos at Maggot's Nest: Recapture the prisoners!" part though, so he could show off properly.
    Well, that requires that anyone knows where Maggot's Nest is or maybe how to get in which as of yet they do not.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

I know. Once they actually start running, though, it's just a matter of where they start showing up.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Kuroi, the wording of your last Sereitei post makes me believe that Soushi just changed Karashi's blood into some other type, but from my reading of his abilities, he can't actually do that. He could change his blood that's inside Karashi, but he couldn't actually change Karashi's blood.

Perhaps there's an unclear writing in the Registry post or something, but from my understanding, Soushi controlling his own blood doesn't mean he can control the entire bloodstream of a person if his blood ends up in them. Soushi's blood and the target's blood are still separate things, and no matter how much you mix them together, they're still going to be different things.

Not that it has any effect on anything, but it's a wording issue I'm failing to understand, I guess.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Soushi can't control the entire bloodstream of a target, no. He can, however, change his own blood to another blood type (otherwise it would always have the effect of a wrong type transfusion). The idea is that he partially infected some of Karashi's own blood with his own (since it's not like Karashi's blood can fight off such an infection), and then forced it to change (basically, he increased the volume of blood he controlled, and then used that increase in volume to effect a change).

It's not like he couldn't have changed his own blood inside Karashi to the same effect, but doing that would necessitate a new injection.

I'll make sure to word things better next time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: For the record, doing something like infecting part of someone else's blood weakens the link Soushi has, making the control itself more limited in what it can do unless he A) injects more blood or B) relinquishes part of his control.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-01-09 at 10:38 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

It's not really that big of a problem. You might want to clarify the "blood infecting" thing in Soushi's power set, though. It didn't seem like he could do that from my initial read. I may have just missed it, though.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-01-09 at 11:23 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, I actually meant for him to be able to do that from the start. I may have missed it in my original write-up.

Anyone have any problems with me correcting his registry entry to reflect that?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

I don't, I forget to list things in my write-ups that I intended on saying all the time.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    With Ressurreccion and everything!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

And thus, Michiko employs strategy of "When in doubt, fling dirt at your enemy." XD
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-01-10 at 10:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

And thus, Michiko employs strategy of "When in doubt, fling dirt at your enemy." XD
    She doesn't have Getsuga Tenshou available, so.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok,
    I have thought over Hirokatsu's Bankai (IF he could get it, ie. becoming Cpt) again, and reread the responses to it and got a little PM advice.

I know it may be a bit long, but i figure it is a Bankai and it should be made clear.

PLEASE, i would like to hear your thoughts,very much so. But please...please...if i respond to those responses with my own, i am not trying to be disrespectful or prove you wrong, i am only trying to respond to them. I am not looking for a fight or to cause problems, but i feel i should be able to respond and give my reasoning or rebuttal without being made feel as if it is an argument or somehow personal. I promise to do the same.

First is my changes and new submission and below that is the first draft in case you forgot or hadnt looked before.

Here is what i have:
    Hirokatsu's Bankai (in spoiler below)(NEW)
    Spoiler
    Show

How Hirokatsu will physically look:
    -After saying "Bankai" in flash of black energy pouring down from above. His Shikai form will disappear revealing Hirokatsu standing holding a large arm bone vertical like a staff which is much taller than himself in length. He will also be wearing no shirt at all and only the pants of the Shinigami uniform (possibly tighter leggings..i havent decided)

-Hirokatsu will look like he did when he was roughly 18-22 years old looking, with a very clean shaven face (maybe a really short mustache/goatee) and short hair.

-Along with his youthful appearance, his hands and feet will be dark black up to the ankle or wrist where it will fade to a normal skin tone

-His skin will also look very bone like

Basic powers of the Bankai:
    -heightened speed, strength, blah blah blah like everyone gets

-his bony skin will act like a "hierro" or some similar style of skin bone armor

-the longer he is in Bankai the more of his body will grow blackened, once it engulfs his whole body he will revert back to Shikai. (looking as he did when he went into Bankai)

-he will also age as he stays in Bankai, as he approaches the limit of his Bankai he will look closer to his age when not in Bankai

-the parts of his body which are blackened are not protected with that "hierro" type bony armor.

-As he gets better with the Bankai the blackening will take longer to encompass the rest of his body ,as well as the beginning points will be less (from hands...to fingers...to finger tips)

-I think of this whole time limit thing like Toshiro's diamond indicators on his Bankai form, or Ikkaku's Dragon thing kind of

How the Zanpaktuo will look:
    -the weapon will be a large (maybe 12ft tall), arm bone, which is pretty much dull, though it has rough edges so a jagged rough cut could happen if struck right. It has the ball joint on one end and a bone end on the other. On one end is a long two stranded piece of black ribbon or material

----armbone

-a ghostly apparition of a large middle aged man (the large armbone is his arm bone for size) would surround him

-he will fight with it mostly using the okinawa kobudo "Eiku" or (oar) style of fighting, which is basically a form of staff fighting. But he would also use it as a big two-handed sword as well
    ------EIKU 1
    ------EIKU 2
    ------EIKU 3

What the Zanpaktuo will do:
    -Ability one:
    --As opposed to pure bone breaking, i decided to make this a bit more "aging" and "time" related, a gradual effect. Think of it as Barragan's spewing aging black mist thing "lite". The effect still has the ability to be a demoralizing type of effect from a strike, making the opponent rethink their desire to fight. It is similar to his Shikai form but much more absolute in its effects.

--When the bone weapon strikes an opponent it will instantly age and crumble whatever it touches (confined to the bone region of where it strikes, therefore if i strike the upper arm, it will only effect the area of that upper arm)

--This effect is limited by the layering of what is on that spot. The layering as i see it is as follows (from innermost to outermost):
    Bone
    Muscle
    Skin
    Hierro (if applicable)
    Clothing (all clothing is one layer) (if applicable)
    External armor (if applicable)

--example--Hirokatsu strikes his Arrancar opponent's exposed upper arm with his Bone weapon. Beyond the damage it would inflict based on the strength of the strike, it would also instantly age and crumble to being non-existent the hierro covering the upper arm of the Arrancar revealing the skin below. After more fighting, the bone then would strike the upper arm skin exposed area of the Arrancar which would cause for the skin to instantly age and crumble to dust and expose the muscle underneath. Continuing on this would happen to the muscle exposing the bone, and then when only bone is left exposed, it would destroy the bone rendering the opponent armless.

--so all areas of the body would have at minimum 3 layers of protection if a bone was underneath it (ears only have skin and muscle no bone i guess) before absolute destruction (skin, muscle, bone)...and at most 6 layers...if for some reason you are struck in the eyeball...then just as if someone struck you in the eyeball with a sword...it would be gone, so i see no problem with this

--normal damage does apply as the big bone weapon is gnarled and has little rough edges, so blunt force trauma and tears due to such a strike still effect the user if the strike lands

--this does not age or effect Zanpaktuo... a hand held shield or something serving as a shield over the body (if not part of a Zanpaktuo) would be destroyed as if it were the "Armor" layer.

--this ability does not work on objects not being held or on the body of someone (so it doesnt work on a wall someone is hiding behind, unless they picked up a piece of the wall and held it over their head as a shield)

[/I]

-Ability two:
    --When holding the bone upright next to him (maybe grasping it with both arms like holding onto a merry go round post or something), he would be enveloped in the ghostly form of a woman embracing him (the arm being the arm of a beautiful woman for size).

--When in her embrace he could not attack or use the first ability in any way, he would not be able to move much but could talk though not cast Kido

--He would be practically invulnerable in this form, and attacking him in this form would result in no damage

--while in her embrace he would heal very rapidly (any kind of physical injury, not psychological injury though, unless it was caused by physical trauma)

--However the longer he was in the embrace, he would physically age very fast...so he cant stay in for very long

--Due to using this ability that it physically ages him faster in his Bankai form (therefor pushing him closer to reaching his Bankai limit and therefor kicking him out of Bankai)

--the rate at which he can heal himself using this ability is the speed at which the injuries can only be healed halfway if used to the extent at which the Bankai ends due to it aging him in Bankai to the point where he can not stay in Bankai any longer (basically giving him the ability to heal himself from any injury to the point of healing it halfway, as well as the additional expense of losing access to his Bankai form for the day)

--The healing is always subject to the extent of the injury, the severity of the injury does not take precedence...(so even if it is only a scratch it would still only heal him half a scratch if he used it to the maximum, though eh could choose to only heal it partially...see next point below)

--He could use it less than the maximum, if he wanted but only in increments of 25% (so if he had a 4 inch scratch on him, using 100% of the ability and therefore a 50% healing making it into a 2 inch injury would kick him out of Bankai because it would age him to the point of his current age)...(or if he wanted to only reduce the damage to 3 inches it would mean using his ability at 50% which would allow him to stay in Bankai after completion but would age him to the point where he had only 50% left of what time in Bankai he had left after healing it to that degree)

--this all comes down to he has the ability to mend his wounds not entirely recover from them, and even maximum use of this ability only heals him 50%

--He can only use this ability once per 2 days, no matter the amount he has used it for

--When leaving Bankai form he would return to his current age

--***-- (this is not required but i thought it might be interesting) i thought if he wanted to use this ability to heal past 50% of the damage it would require him permanently aging at an extreme rate (something like if he wanted to get to 75% of his wounds healed it would take off another 25% of his remaining life, 100% healing would require 50% of his remaining life...since age is so hard to determine and additional expense of this would be the permanent reduction of his strength and speed by 25% if wanting 75% healing, or 50% if wanting 100% healing......i believe this would be such a dramatic cost it would not be used at all except in a case of such heroic...and therefore plot important or centered...reasons which would result in the necessary cost being inflicted...ie: such a horrible thing may happen where he needs to be at full strength to save the day and has no other option...he may choose to sacrifice his future for the immediate...even at the cost of his future effectiveness...again, only a major and important storyline event type of behavior)

So basically:

-looks younger with blackening and aging as a visual time limit for the Bankai
    -"hierro" type skin which lessens the longer he is in Bankai form
    -big arm bone weapon which:
    -----instantly ages, crumbles, what it touches (layering effect)
    -----he can grab onto and use as a limited sanctuary type of defense and healing

-the zanpaktuo is "family" or "ancestral" based and uses "time" in slightly different ways push this idea
    ----the embrace is my ancestral mother figure protecting me
    ----the bone attack is the ancestral father figure helping destroy my foes
    ----the hierro skin is like all the rest of his family providing some protection as well as showing me the limits and length of his power

Hirokatsu's Bankai (in spoiler below) (OLD)
    Spoiler
    Show

How Hirokatsu will physically look:
    -After saying "Bankai" in flash of black energy pouring down from above. His Shikai form will disappear revealing Hirokatsu standing holding a large arm bone vertical like a staff which is much taller than himself in length. He will also be wearing no shirt at all and only the pants of the Shinigami uniform (possibly tighter leggings..i havent decided)

-Hirokatsu will look like he did when he was roughly 18-22 years old looking, with a very clean shaven face (maybe a really short mustache/goatee) and short hair.

-Along with his youthful appearance, his hands and feet will be dark black up to the ankle or wrist where it will fade to a normal skin tone

-His skin will also look very bone like

Basic powers of the Bankai:
    -heightened speed, strength, blah blah blah like everyone

-his bony skin will act like a "hierro" or something similar

-the longer he is in Bankai the more of his body will grow blackened, once it engulfs his whole body he will revert back to Shikai. (looking as he did when he went into Bankai)

-the parts of his body which are blackened are not protected with that "hierro" type bony armor.

-As he gets better with the Bankai the blackening will take longer as well as the beginning points will be less (from hands...to fingers...to finger tips)

-I think of this whole time limit thing like Toshiro's diamond indicators on his Bankai form, or Ikkaku's Dragon thing kind of

How the Zanpaktuo will look:
    -the weapon will be a large (maybe 12ft tall), arm bone, which is pretty much dull, though it has rough edges so a jagged rough cut could happen if struck right. It has the ball joint on one end and a bone end on the other. On one end is a long two stranded piece of black ribbon or material

----armbone

-a ghostly apparition of a large middle aged man (the armbone is his arm bone for size) would surround him

-he will fight with it mostly using the okinawa kobudo "Eiku" or (oar) style of fighting, which is basically a form of staff fighting. But he would also use it as a big two-handed sword as well
    ------EIKU 1
    ------EIKU 2
    ------EIKU 3

What the Zanpaktuo will do:
    -Ability one: When the bone strikes an opponent, it will break or shatter the nearest underlying bone of wherever it hits. (strong hierro is treated like an extra layer of bone, in which case it would shatter the hierro area covering the underlying bone) (there were earlier concerns that this needed work, because what would happen if he struck a cheekbone or vertebrae, my answer to that is, if any other Bankai weapon struck a cheekbone or vertebrae i am guessing it would be just as bad or worse)

-Ability two: When holding the bone upright next to him (maybe grasping it with both arms like holding onto a merry go round post or something), he would be enveloped in the ghostly form of a woman embracing him (the arm being the arm of a beautiful woman for size).

--When in her embrace he could not attack or use the first ability in any way, he would not be able to move much but could talk.

--He would be practically invulnerable in this form

--while in her embrace he would heal very rapidly (any kind of physical injury, not psychological injury though, unless it was caused by physical trauma)

--However the longer he was in the embrace, he would physically age very fast...so he cant stay in for very long.

--i was thinking to heal a severed arm would take 5-10 minutes but would age him physically 50-100 years once he leaves Bankai form. It would also age him in the Bankai form, which would be seen by the growing of his hair and wrinkling etc.

--i am just spitballing with time here but maybe 1 minute= 10 years of aging not enough? too much? i need help with this part

--i would probably have to come up with a max "age" for Hirokatsu before his time is up in Soul Society (but given that people can live thousands of years, this should give Hirokatsu a few bad injuries he wanted to heal in Bankai form)

--i dont want the cost to be so big that he cant have used it, but more that WHEN he uses it, it is a big deal

So basically:

-looks younger with blackening as a time limit for the Bankai
    -"hierro" type skin which lessens the longer he is in Bankai form
    -big arm bone weapon which:
    -----shatters bones
    -----he can grab onto and use as pure defense and healing but a very heavy "out of Bankai" cost

-the zanpaktuo is "family" or "ancestral" based and uses "time" in slightly different ways push this idea
    ----the embrace is my ancestral mother figure protecting me
    ----the bone attack is the ancestral father figure helping destroy my foes
    ----the hierro skin is like all the rest of his family providing some protection as well as showing me the limits and length of his power

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Note to Frozen and/or Kuroi: If I haven't posted in the Sereitei thread by Wednesday, send me a PM or something. I've still got some assignments this week that need doing but I should be much less stressed out.

Edit: "Nightmare Key" would be "Akumu no Kagi" properly? Or if I wanted to use it as a Zanpakuto name, would "Akumukagi" be fine?
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-01-10 at 08:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

So... I'm gonna wait a while to see if anyone does something about the hado bombs Suzume just placed.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

*lewd grin*

I'd forgotten how hilarious music Lordi makes. Can I nominate these two songs for Ivaz's soundtrack, and this one for Pan?

If he weren't so darn pretty, I'd also nominate this one for Edward. Now, who would this one fit?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Note to Frozen and/or Kuroi: If I haven't posted in the Sereitei thread by Wednesday, send me a PM or something. I've still got some assignments this week that need doing but I should be much less stressed out.

Edit: "Nightmare Key" would be "Akumu no Kagi" properly? Or if I wanted to use it as a Zanpakuto name, would "Akumukagi" be fine?
    Yes, that sounds perfectly workable. Also Akumuken/Akumugen (ken/gen is the alternate reading for kagi, in yet another example of the series "things you can mistake a fist for").

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey guys, sorry about my absence. I just opened in a play, and it sucked up my life for about a week. I'm about to post again in the Mortal World, so I'll be active again. Am I needed anywhere else?
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Riccaru, Suzume's heading to the 3rd division headquarters, right? I was thinking that maybe she could run into Shishimaru and Nasumi, who might be heading there soon. It would be hilarious, if nothing else.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Karashi's gonna become one of my characters if he survives this.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Soushi will do his best to see to it that he does.

He needs a pawn, after all.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, I'm not sure how to respond to Draken's latest post.

Hmmm... Catch-22 here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Riccaru, Suzume's heading to the 3rd division headquarters, right? I was thinking that maybe she could run into Shishimaru and Nasumi, who might be heading there soon. It would be hilarious, if nothing else.
    Considering Nasumi thinks Suzume is cool... yeah. XD

At this point I can say he won't die unless you suddenly change your mind and kill him yourself.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, then I'll go ahead and place them there (if you don't mind me "double posting"), so that the hilarity can ensue. The two won't be anything like a match for Suzume, but they might slow her down enough for Yuuki to catch up.

EDIT: I think that I'll also give Cassandra a break for a while, unless someone wants a confrontation with her. If so, send me a PM.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-01-13 at 11:28 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Incidentally, I'm not sure how to respond to Draken's latest post.

Hmmm... Catch-22 here.
    That's more of a lesser of two evils situation. There are two choices but both have lame results. Naraku goes free and tries to kill you or does not go free and Kagome suffer horrible agony.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    That's more of a lesser of two evils situation. There are two choices but both have lame results. Naraku goes free and tries to kill you or does not go free and Kagome suffer horrible agony.
    Isn't she kinda dead with Naraku body-hopping on her and... OH, they don't know that ICly.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

To be honest, with showing that Kagome is aware, Naraku's reduced his chances of going free in that body to zero.

Natsuko considers being aware but unable to control her own body and in pain to be far worse than death, and would rather kill Kagome to show mercy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    To be honest, with showing that Kagome is aware, Naraku's reduced his chances of going free in that body to zero.

Natsuko considers being aware but unable to control her own body and in pain to be far worse than death, and would rather kill Kagome to show mercy.
    Yikes.

That reminds me, MW thread kids. Expect to be joined by a badmouthing elementary school student soon. Very soon.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Are they heading there now? Suzume's finishing up at third then heading over to fourth for a secret mission of her own.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!