New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Redwall Project (Now with 100% more badgers!)

He was only 71.

And now I can't but think if he will have an posthumous works. I'm a terrible person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

I am a sad kitteh
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

This is probably thinking waaaaaay ahead, but can I write up some basic details for significant locations? I'd only be making a framework, and we could all expand on them afterward.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalusk View Post
    This is probably thinking waaaaaay ahead, but can I write up some basic details for significant locations? I'd only be making a framework, and we could all expand on them afterward.
    Go right ahead, I'd appreciate it!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

Drew up some stats for the Wearet. I will be making the suggested fixes on the adder soon.

Wearet
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Wearets are strange creatures living in the deep underground. They are usually solitary, but sometimes lead vermin hordes or are found in the service of powerful underground nations.

Hit Dice: d12
    {table=“head”]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Features
    1|+1|+2|+0|+0|Wearet Body, Powerful Build, +1 Strength, +2 Constitution
    2|+2|+3|+0|+0|Wearet Fighting Style, Stability, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    3|+3|+3|+1|+1|Tireless Fighter, Intimidating Presence, +1 Strength, +1 Constution
    4|+4|+4|+1|+1|Growth, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    5|+5|+4|+1|+1|Improved Fighting Style, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    6|+6|+5|+2|+2|Insane Energy, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    7|+7|+5|+2|+2|Fighting Style Mastery, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    [/table]

Skills Points at 1st Level: (2+Intelligence Modifier) x 4
    Skills Points at Each Level: (2+Intelligence Modifier)
    Class Skills: The Wearet’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis).

Proficiencies: A Wearet gains proficiency with all simple and martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.

Wearet Body: A Wearet is a medium-sized animal with a base land speed of 30'. It has low-light vision, scent, and a natural armour bonus equal to its constitution bonus.

Powerful Build: At first level, a Wearet gains Powerful Build. The physical stature of Wearets lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever the Wearet is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the Wearet is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A Wearet is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A Wearet can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.

Wearet Fighting Style:
    Upon reaching second level, a Wearet has achieved a mastery at a style of fighting. The Wearet chooses his fighting style from among Two-Weapon Fighting, Sword and Shield, and Brute Force. The second-level Wearet gains the following benefits depending on the fighting style chosen.
    Two-Weapon Fighting: The Wearet gains Two-Weapon Fighting and Two-Weapon Defense as bonus feats.
    Sword and Shield:: The Wearet adds his Strength bonus to his shield bonus to AC while wielding a shield.
    Brute Force: The Wearet gains Power Attack as a bonus feat.

Stability: Wearets are exceptionally stable on their feet. They gain a +4 racial bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing firmly on the ground.

Tireless Fighter: A Wearet can go on fighting indefinitely without tiring. At level 3, the Wearet becomes immune to fatigue.

Intimidating Presence: The presence of a Wearet inspires fear in its enemies. All enemies within 30 feet of the Wearet take a morale penalty to saving throws equal to the Wearet’s Charisma modifier.

Growth: At 4th level the Wearet grows to large size (-1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters. Space/reach: 10 feet/10 feet.). It loses all benefits from Powerful Build.

Improved Fighting Style: A Wearet at 5th level has further mastered its chosen style of fighting. He gains the following benefits depending on his chosen weapon style.
    Two-Weapon Fighting: The Wearet can attack once with each weapon it wields as a standard action or a part of a charge.
    Sword and Shield: All allies adjacent to the Wearet gain the Wearet’s shield bonus to AC.
    Brute Force: The Wearet gains Leap Attack as a bonus feat.

Insane Energy: At 6th level, the Wearet has become such a fearsome fighter that even wounds cannot slow it down. The Wearet gains fast healing equal to its Constitution modifier.

Fighting Style Mastery: At 7th level, the Wearet has become a perfect master of its chosen fighting style. He gains the following benefits depending on his chosen weapon style.
    Two-Weapon Fighting: When the Wearet successfully strikes a foe with both weapons, it can make another attack with the primary action as a swift action.
    Sword and Shield: When a melee attack against the Wearet misses, the Wearet can make an attack of opportunity against the attacker.
    Brute Force: When the Wearet deals damage on a charge, the target must make a Fortitude save (DC = 10 + damage dealt) or be stunned for one turn.
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2011-02-10 at 08:31 PM.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

6. - Top - End - #186

Hmmmmm, I don't believe wearets deserve to have more monster class levels than the badger. They're tough, sure, but not badger tough, and the only mammal race that I plan on making a higher monster level than badgers is wolverine. Do you think you could scale it back a little, maybe to a 3-4 level class?

I think Powerful Build, Growth, and Stability are appropriate.

Tireless Fighter? I'm not sure. Wasn't Matthias tiring him out in Mattimeo? Or did he never get tired while they were fighting? I forget.

Insane Energy might work, it would depend on the changes made.

I'm not a fan of giving them Intimidating Presence, the Adder more than deserves that, some giant birds too, but the wearet? If others feel it's appropriate though, I guess it might work.

Now, the fighting styles. I'm a big fan of multiple styles like this myself, but I'm not sure if Wearets are the best choice for them. Wearets are big, strong, slower, and dumb, and we've seen them use tridents, spears, and nets. They don't seem like two-weapon fighters, nor sword and board fighters.

That may have sounded harsh, but I've found tough critiques really bring out the best in the final product. I have confidence you can turn this into a good class
    Last edited by The Antigamer; 2011-02-10 at 10:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187

Thanks for your advice. I didn't find it harsh at all.
    I guess our interpretations of the Wearet are different. I always thought of Wearets as gladiators, hence the fighting styles.

The main thing about the Wearet I remember is that he never got tired. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I believe he was able to keep fighting when Matthias was exhausted.

Maybe the class is a bit overpowered? I might have to cut it down a bit.

Next I'll be working on a write-up of the wolverine. This should be fun.

Love wins. S'agapo.

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Thanks for your advice. I didn't find it harsh at all.
    I guess our interpretations of the Wearet are different. I always thought of Wearets as gladiators, hence the fighting styles.

The main thing about the Wearet I remember is that he never got tired. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I believe he was able to keep fighting when Matthias was exhausted.

Maybe the class is a bit overpowered? I might have to cut it down a bit.

Next I'll be working on a write-up of the wolverine. This should be fun.
    I'm already working on the Wolverine, so I wouldn't worry about that.

There were only two Wearets in the books, (Mattimeo and Loamhedge) and I can't recall the exact wording of the scenes. If you say he didn't get tired out, I'll take your word for it. I remember Matthias trying to tire him out, but not whether he succeeded or not.

Like I said, I think it would work well as a 3, maybe 4 level monster class.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Redwall Project

Alright, after a bit of editing...

Berserker
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
    1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Blood Rage 1/day, Wrath Feat x3
    2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Wrath Featx2, +2 Con or Strength (Player's Choice)
    3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Blood Rage 2/day, Diehard (Rage Only), Wrath Featx2
    4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Wrath Featx2 +2 Con or Strength (Player's Choice)
    5th|+5|+5|+1|+1|Blood Rage 3/Day Improved Diehard (Rage Only), Wrath Feat
    6th+|Good|Good|Poor|Poor|Wrath Feat x2
    [/table]

Prerequisites:
    [SOMETHING], Bab +5
    OR
    Badger

[SIZE="3"]

Blood Rage
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Berserker's Blood Rage is functionally the same as the standard Barbarian Rage, except that in addition to any effects of the standard Barbarian Rage ability, for every level he has in Berserker, a Berserker gains a +2 bonus to Strength and a +1 morale bonus on Will saves and takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. For every two levels in Berserker, he is treated as a Size Category larger.

If a Berserker has previously taken levels in Barbarian, The Standard Rage is overwritten by Blood Rage. Furthermore, Berserker levels count as Barbarian Levels for determining when additional uses of Blood Rage are gained. For example, A 6th Level Barbarian who multiclasses to Berserker Will gain three Wrath Feats and have his Rage overwritten as Blood Rage, however, he will not gain Damage Reduction 1/-. At the same time, an 11th Level Barbarian who multiclasses to Berserker will gain an extra use of rage, but his Trap Sense would not increase. Levels in Berserker stack with Levels in Barbarian for determining uncanny dodge, however.

Wrath Feats
    Wrath Feats are only available to the Berserker while in Blood Rage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, need help with these, too. Anything that came out of the book can work.

Undying Enemy
    You can live for -5 Hit Points Longer. Can be taken multiple times.

Death Attack
    The Berserker chooses a target and declares Death Attack against it and makes an attack roll. If the attack hits, the target must make a DC 15+(Berserker's CON), or be slain immediately, and the Berserker exits Blood Rage. If the attack misses, the Berserker must make a DC 30 Fort Save or exit Blood Rage. Using this feat triples the fatigue penalty upon exiting Blood Rage, whether the attack hits or not.

Red Eyes, Take Warning
    Once per turn, as a free action, A Berserker can make a Gaze attack against one or more creatures. Each of the target(s) must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ the Berserker’s level + the Berserker’s Cha modifier) or become shaken for 2d6 rounds. The gaze attack acts as a Cone-shaped burst that travels 10 ft/Berserker Level. A creature that successfully saves against the frightful presence of a Berserker cannot be affected again by the same Berserker’s frightful presence for 24 hours. This feat can be taken multiple times; The berserker may increase the DC by 5, OR increase its range by 5/level OR add 1 to the roll to determine how long the affected creature(s) are shaken.

Improved Diehard
    The Bloodwrath allows a beast to live past the brink of death. If you are knocked down to Death, you may still make actions for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your Constitution Modifier, after which point, you die.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2011-03-13 at 07:29 AM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

I must stop this injustice about badgers! Badgers were able to pick up hares in one paw! A full adult is huge or gargantuan, not large!

I must stop this injustice about bloodwrath! It is a trait! Badgers should have a 50% or 75% to get it, everyone else that is a member of a warrior class (I'll leave exact definition of that up to the DM) should get 5% or 10% to get it! It should be the same as a regular barbarians rage, except that he automatically succeeds on will saves, that activates whenever he faces his hated foe, or when he falls below half hit points!

Also, on a side note, you can't see the flitchaye image, you forgot to put a bracket on one side of the first IMG.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-02-13 at 07:27 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

11. - Top - End - #191
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    I must stop this injustice about badgers! Badgers were able to pick up hares in one paw! A full adult is huge or gargantuan, not large!

I must stop this injustice about bloodwrath! It is a trait! Badgers should have a 50% or 75% to get it, everyone else that is a member of a warrior class (I'll leave exact definition of that up to the DM) should get 5% or 10% to get it! It should be the same as a regular barbarians rage, except that he automatically succeeds on will saves, that activates whenever he faces his hated foe, or when he falls below half hit points!

Also, on a side note, you can't see the flitchaye image, you forgot to put a bracket on one side of the first IMG.
    I don't know how it works in the book, but in the movie, all creature's sizes are somewhat normalized. Badgers are not that much bigger than everyone else, and nor is any other race, save for maybe cats for some reason. Any type of bird of prey is also at least huge, if not gargantuan.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    I don't know how it works in the book, but in the movie, all creature's sizes are somewhat normalized. Badgers are not that much bigger than everyone else, and nor is any other race, save for maybe cats for some reason. Any type of bird of prey is also at least huge, if not gargantuan.
    In the long patrol, near the end, Russano picked up a hare. And in the books, cats aren't any larger, and they might be smaller than, badgers.
    However, I distinctly remember there being different sizes in the first one, namely the horse, but also the cat in that one.

And about people saying the first book was different, it's true, there are mentions of a town dog and cattle, indicating that there were humans, but there wasn't any mention of humans in the others.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-02-13 at 07:47 PM.
    My Steam profile

13. - Top - End - #193

It's not that hard to pick up a creature of one size category smaller. That would be something the size of a dog for humans. I have a hard time picturing badgers as ten times bigger than the rest of the characters.
    As for cats, the depiction in the first book is really not at all consistent with the depiction in the rest of the series. Normal cats are probably on the larger end of Medium.

Love wins. S'agapo.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    It's not that hard to pick up a creature of one size category smaller. That would be something the size of a dog for humans. I have a hard time picturing badgers as ten times bigger than the rest of the characters.
    Russano lifted him up on one paw.
    As for cats, the depiction in the first book is really not at all consistent with the depiction in the rest of the series. Normal cats are probably on the larger end of Medium.
    Yeah, they're probably medium with powerful build.

Campaign ideas: Redwall doesn't work well for a typical campaign, it's probably best suited for either a series of short campaigns (aka super adventures) that are unrelated, similar to what Martin did when he escaped slavery in one book, killed the thousand eyes queen (I can remember her title but not her name?) in another, and seeked to learn about his past in the last. Or an exploration campaign, similar to what Mariel was doing at the start of the bellmaker.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-02-13 at 08:01 PM.
    My Steam profile

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

...I take it we're just letting this die then? Not on my watch.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

16. - Top - End - #196

Oh no, it's not dying. But it's crunch time, finals are just around the corner, and I have projects that need completing. Therefore, no fun work on this until after my real work is done.

17. - Top - End - #197

I only read Mossflower, Mariel, Redwall and Mattimeo, but nonetheless...

Regional and other Feats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hardened
    Having grown up in the cold and harsh Northlands you are used to conflict and strife.
    Prerequisites: Region:The North, 1st level
    Benefit: You get +2 on all Fortitude saves and on saves against fear.
    Special: This feat may be used instead of Great Fortitude as a prerequisite for other feats and prestige classes.

Oath of Peace
    You are a member of the order of Redwall and have sworn to protect life, show mercy, help those in need and not harm other living beings. Others respect the name of your order.
    Prerequisites: Region:Redwall, 1st level
    Benefit: You get +4 on Diplomacy, Craft and Heal checks. You also gain Literacy if your class doesn't grant it. Non-hostile creatures will start out one step closer to friendly to you than they normally would.

Relentless
    Coming from the planes in the West you have developed an unyielding attitude. You will not give up on your goals, even if they lie on the other side of the world.
    Prerequisites: Region:Western Planes, 1st level
    Benefit: Once per day you may reroll any failed saving throw. You must accept the second result even if it is worse. You get +4 on fortitude saves against fatigue and exhaustion.
    Special: This feat may be used instead of Endurance as a prerequisite for other feats and prestige classes.

Educated Scholar
    You have studied by books, scrolls and ecperience. As a font of wisdom and Knowledge others seek you out for advice and secrets only you can uncover.
    Prerequisites: Int 13, Region:Redwall or Region:Salamandastron
    Benefit: Decipher Script and all Knowledge skills are always class skills for you. You gain a bonus language.

True Soul
    For some reason you have the heart and mind of a warrior. Even if it's not obvious to anyone, you are strong, courageous and honorable and these qualities are reflected in your abilities.
    Prerequisites: Hardened or Region:Salamandastron or Oath of Peace or Relentless or Iron Will
    Benefit: Any fear effect on you is reduced by one step, from panicking to frightened and from frightened to shaken. You ignore effects that merely leave you shaken.

Attuned
    You have become attuned to the helpful spirits of Redwall, such as Martin the Warrior. In times of need they may lend you their guidance.
    Prerequisites: Region:Redwall or True Soul
    Benefit: Once per day you may spend a Full Round Action to either get a +10 inspiration bonus on a single skill check or +2 on attack and damage rolls for one encounter.
    Special: The spirits you are attuned to may contact you in your dreams or even ask favours of you. You must help them as good as you can or they might stop helping you.

Bloodwrath
    In your blood dwells a rage, strong and uncontrollable. Sometimes in takes hold of you, but it also lets you become unstoppable.
    Prerequisites: Region:Salamandastron or Region:The North or Region:Western Planes or BAB+5 and Diehard
    Benefit: You have the ability/curse to fall into Bloodwrath.
    Special: Badgers get this feat as a bonus feat on their first level.

Prestige Classes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blade Bearer
    "I am that is! My sword shall wield for me!" (Martin the Warrior)
    You are the rightful bearer of a Blade like none else. It has been crafted especially for you or it has been reached down a line of great and honorable warriors and you have been accepted as its owner. You are the guardian of your people and their leader in war.
    Prerequisites: Attuned, True Soul, BAB+5
    Special: Must have acquired a special weapon such as Ratdeath, the Sword of Martin, and be accepted by the weapon's spirit as the rightful bearer.

Hit Die: d10
    Skill points: 4+Int
    Class skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim, Tumble

Blade Bearer

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Spirit Blade, Aura of Courage, Smite Foe

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Cleave, Danger Sense

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Spirit Guidance, Steel Eyes

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Great Cleave, Uncanny Dodge

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |First Warrior, Wall of Blades

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Piercing Blade

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Supreme Cleave

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Improved Uncanny Dodge, Spirit Sight

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Overwhelming Blow

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Vengeful Spirit[/table]

Spirit Blade: You can use any ability of the spiritual weapon you acquired with taking your first level in this class. You still need to be of high enough level to use an ability.
    Aura of Courage: Inspired by your fearlessness any ally within 10 feet of you gets +4 on saving throws against fear effects. Should you come into range of an effected ally the ally may reroll his save with the bonus.
    Smite Foe: Once per encounter you can make an especially commited attack with your Spirit Blade. You add your Charisma modifier to attack and your class level to damage.
    You may use this ability additional times, but when you do you become fatigued. If you are already fatigued you become axhausted and if you're exhausted you fall unconscious.
    Cleave: A Blade Bearer is used to fighting multiple opponents. He gains the Cleave feat as a bonus feat even if he doesn't meet the prerequisites. If he already has the feat he gains Great Cleave instead.
    Danger Sense: The spirits of your weapon watch over you. If your life is in great danger you will be warned by them, possibly in a dream. Once per day this ability can also dispell all mind-affecting effects on the character.
    Spirit Guidance: You gain your Charisma bonus (if any) as a bonus to all saves.
    Steel Eyes: Even if your body seems weak, your glare shows the warrior spirit in you. When you use intimidate to demoralize an opponent you can effect all enemies in 10ft. that can see you. Each rolls a seperate level check to see if they're affected. Furthermore you can demoralize opponents as a move action.
    Great Cleave: The Blade Bearer gains Great Cleave as a bonus feat.
    Uncanny Dodge: As the Barbarian ability
    First Warrior: You are the official leader of your people's soldiers and they respond to your rallying them. As a standard action you can give an attack bonus equal to your charisma bonus to any ally within 30ft. of you. The effect lasts for 1 round.
    Wall of blades: Swinging your blade around your body like a steel cage you brush off light attacks easily. As long as you have your weapon drawn you have DR 5/-
    Piercing Blade: Your Smite attack ignores all damage reduction.
    Supreme Cleave: If you get bonus attacks for the Cleave or Great Cleave feats you can make a 5ft step before the attack.
    Improved Uncanny Dodge: As the Barbarian ability
    Spirit Sight: Your senses extend through your blade. You gain Blindsight in 5ft. around you.
    Overwhelming Blow: An enemy hit by your Smite attack must make a Fortitude save against a DC of (10+Blade Bearer level+your Cha modifier) or be stunned for 1 round.
    Vengeful Spirit: You become one with the spirit of your weapon and your aura becomes as sharp as a blade. You gain Frightful Presence in 30ft. around you. The DC to resist the effect is (10+Blade Bearer level+your Cha modifier).

Design Notes: This is decidedly stronger than core melee, but since we're aiming for T3, it's not particularly powerful.
    The cleave feats seemed natural, since Matthias and Martin mow through mooks like a harvester on NO².
    The concept is that of a Paladin-like warrior, inspiring his allies through both combat prowess and honor.
    The following, the Scourge, is based on exactly the same design frame, I just replaced and refluffed abilities as fitting. While modeled after Cluny it should be general enough to represent most major villains in Redwall.

Scourge
    "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't add two more heads to my banner!" (Cluny the Scourge)
    You are evil Warlord of a band of murderers, thieves or pirates. Wherever you go you bring pain, death and fear. You strife for riches, revenge or just the fun in killing, but whatever your motivation, the victims are many.
    Prerequisites: BAB+5, Leadership
    Special: Must have killed a creature of equal or higher CR in single combat.

Class skills: Balance, Climb, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble

Scourge

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Aura of Despair, Vicious

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Paranoia, Sneak Attack +1d6

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Cruel Eyes, Whip into Shape

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Uncanny Dodge, Sneak Attack +2d6

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Signature Attack, Thick Hide

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Sneak Attack +3d6, Pouncing Charge

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Bloody Claws, Desperate Assault

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Improved Uncanny Dodge, Sneak Attack +4d6

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Twisted Attack

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Evil Banner, Sneak Attack +5d6[/table]

Aura Of Despair: Your brutality exudes fear and damages your enemies morale. Any enemy within 10ft. of you gets -2 on all saves.
    Vicious: You get two claw (1d4) attacks and one bite (1d6) attack. If you already have one type of these it counts as one size category higher instead.
    Paranoia: You are mad, but there's a twisted slyness in it. You instinctively sense ambushes and traitors. You get +4 to all Sense Motive checks and to saves against mind-affecting abilities.
    Cruel Eyes: Your evil glare disturbs everyone around you. You can demoralize all enemies in 10 feet around you with a single move action by making an Intimidate throw.
    Whip into Shape: Allies within 10ft. of you can reroll any attack roll. They take 1d6 slashing damage for every reroll.
    Sneak Attack: As the Rogue ability
    Signature Attack: You develop a special way of attacking, either with a weapon or a natural attack. This attack deals 2d4 damage, which is either slashing, piercing or bashing, fitting the type of attack. Once per encounter you can make a melee attack that deals 2d4 Con damage. You are always considered proficient with this attack, even if it is an exotic weapon.
    Thick Hide: After countless cruel battles you have begun to ignore lesser injuries. You gain DR 5/-.
    Pouncing Charge: You can make a Full Attack after a charge.
    Bloody claws: If you kill a foe with your natural attacks you can make a demoralization attempt as a swift action.
    Desperate Assault: Allies within 30ft. of you deal extra damage on charges equal to your Charisma bonus. This is a morale bonus.
    Twisted Attack: Any foe you hit with your Signature attack must make a Reflex Save against a DC of (10+Scourge level+your Cha modifier) or be flatfooted in the next round.
    Evil Banner: You make a field sign out of body parts or similar things. You gain Frightful Presence in 30ft. around you. The DC to resist the effect is (10+Scourge level+your Cha modifier).

Sorry, these are all just rough drafts. I've been inspired by the thread and thus spent about from 1:30 to 4:10 writing it down before I forget it. Need to sleep now. Good night. Or morning.
    Last edited by Partysan; 2011-03-21 at 09:19 AM.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

18. - Top - End - #198

I've just re-read Redwall, and I've noticed that sparrows talk like Orks, of Warhammer 40K. Has anyone else noticed that?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

19. - Top - End - #199

Somehow I imagined the thread to be more active. Maybe I'll write up more, but I'd like to have some feedback before.

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    I've just re-read Redwall, and I've noticed that sparrows talk like Orks, of Warhammer 40K. Has anyone else noticed that?
    Well, it's a quite primitive form of pidginization. It comes to mind easily, conveys its atmosphere and still everyone understands it. No wonder multiple sources use it.
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

Been crazy busy, promise to actually contribute this weekend!

21. - Top - End - #201

Silly question, but has anyone read Mouse Guard? Graphic novel/comic that runs very much in the same vein as the Redwall series. Inspiration could be drawn there.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
    Silly question, but has anyone read Mouse Guard? Graphic novel/comic that runs very much in the same vein as the Redwall series. Inspiration could be drawn there.
    Mouse guard is a tabletop RPG.
    My Steam profile

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    Mouse guard is a tabletop RPG.
    Based on a comic book series.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

24. - Top - End - #204

Daemon

Default Re: Redwall

Quote Originally Posted by The Antigamer View Post
    Frogs might not be entirely PC-worthy, but toads are definitely an intelligent race.
    I just want to make the point, if it hasn't been said before, that there is no difference between frogs and toads except individual nomenclature.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
    I've played the Mouseguard rpg, and it's fun, but I want to adapt to 3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    I just want to make the point, if it hasn't been said before, that there is no difference between frogs and toads except individual nomenclature.
    Not necessarily, frogs are like Croikle, not PC appropriate, but maybe animal companions or familiars. Toads are an actual race.

26. - Top - End - #206

Not trying to be an attention whore, but could I get a little-pittle comment on my write-ups?

Also, I recommend Mouse Guard but I didn't have opportunity to look at the comics yet. I have wanted to give them a try for some time though.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    Not trying to be an attention whore, but could I get a little-pittle comment on my write-ups?

Also, I recommend Mouse Guard but I didn't have opportunity to look at the comics yet. I have wanted to give them a try for some time though.
    Once finals are over I'll give you a rundown

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    I only read Mossflower, Mariel, Redwall and Mattimeo, but nonetheless...

Regional and other Feats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hardened
    Having grown up in the cold and harsh Northlands you are used to conflict and strife.
    Prerequisites: Region:The North, 1st level
    Benefit: You get +2 on all Fortitude saves and +4 on saves against fear.
    Looks a tad overpowered, I'd drop the fear save to +2, and add in a comment about it being able to be used in place of Great Fortitude for PrC's.

Oath of Peace
    You are a member of the order of Redwall and have sworn to protect life, show mercy, help those in need and not harm other living beings. Others respect the name of your order.
    Prerequisites: Region:Redwall, 1st level
    Benefit: You get +4 on Diplomacy, Craft and Heal checks. You also gain Literacy if your class doesn't grant it. Non-hostile creatures will start out one step closer to friendly to you than they normally would.
    I'm not sure about this, do they lose the benefits of the feat if they do something against the Oath? Also, it's worth noting there will be an abbey-dweller PrC/Class.

Relentless
    Coming from the planes in the West you have developed an unyielding attitude. You will not give up on your goals, even if they lie on the other side of the world.
    Prerequisites: Region:Western Planes, 1st level
    Benefit: Once per day you may reroll any failed saving throw. You must accept the second result even if it is worse. You get +4 on fortitude saves against fatigue and exhaustion.
    Looks good.

Educated Scholar
    You have studied by books, scrolls and ecperience. As a font of wisdom and Knowledge others seek you out for advice and secrets only you can uncover.
    Prerequisites: Int 13, Region:Redwall or Region:Salamandastron
    Benefit: Decipher Script and all Knowledge skills are always class skills for you. You gain a bonus language.
    I'd also say have this feat allowed for any place that has an extensive library. It's not really that strong though especially since I'm not sure how languages are going to work since almost everyone speaks common.

True Soul
    For some reason you have the heart and mind of a warrior. Even if it's not obvious to anyone, you are strong, courageous and honorable and these qualities are reflected in your abilities.
    Prerequisites: Hardened or Region:Salamandastron or Oath of Peace or Relentless or Iron Will
    Benefit: You are immune to fear effects.
    Immunity to fear effects is a pretty good benefit. I'd have another prerequisite for a level, or make it like the Faerun regional feat and have it reduce all fear effects by one level (and thus, the PC can never be shaken, the lowest effect of fear).

Attuned
    You have become attuned to the helpful spirits of Redwall, such as Martin the Warrior. In times of need they may lend you their guidance.
    Prerequisites: Region:Redwall or True Soul
    Benefit: Once per day you may spend a Full Round Action to either get a +10 inspiration bonus on a single skill check or +2 on attack and damage rolls for one encounter.
    Special: The spirits you are attuned to may contact you in your dreams or even ask favours of you. You must help them as good as you can or they might stop helping you.
    This sounds reasonable. I like that there can be Spirits other than Martin this is appropriate for too.

Bloodwrath
    In your blood dwells a rage, strong and uncontrollable. Sometimes in takes hold of you, but it also lets you become unstoppable.
    Prerequisites: Region:Salamandastron or Region:The North or Region:Western Planes or BAB+5 and Diehard
    Benefit: You have the ability/curse to fall into Bloodwrath.
    Special: Badgers get this feat as a bonus feat on their first level.

I'm still tinkering with Bloodwrath, and Badgers for that matter. I think it does work better as a feat though.

Prestige Classes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blade Bearer
    "I am that is! My sword shall wield for me!" (Martin the Warrior)
    You are the rightful bearer of a Blade like none else. It has been crafted especially for you or it has been reached down a line of great and honorable warriors and you have been accepted as its owner. You are the guardian of your people and their leader in war.
    Prerequisites: Attuned, True Soul, BAB+5
    Special: Must have acquired a special weapon such as Ratdeath, the Sword of Martin, and be accepted by the weapon's spirit as the rightful bearer.

Class skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim, Tumble

Spirit Blade: You can use any ability of the spiritual weapon you acquired with taking your first level in this class. You still need to be of high enough level to use an ability.
    I'm guessing this is to be filed out later?
    Aura of Courage: Inspired by your fearlessness any ally within 10 feet of you gets +4 on saving throws against fear effects. Should you come into range of an effected ally the ally may reroll his save with the bonus.
    Smite Foe: Once per encounter you can make an especially commited attack with your Spirit Blade. You add your Charisma modifier to attack and your class level to damage.
    Seems reasonable.
    Cleave: A Blade Bearer is used to fighting multiple opponents. He gains the Cleave feat as a bonus feat even if he doesn't meet the prerequisites. If he already has the feat he gains Great Cleave instead.
    It works fine, but it's kinda bland. Even having a bonus feat selection would make for more unique characters.
    Danger Sense: The spirits of your weapon watch over you. If your life is in great danger you will be warned by them, possibly in a dream. Once per day this ability can also dispell all mind-affecting effects on the character.
    I like this one.
    Spirit Guidance: You gain your Charisma bonus (if any) as a bonus to all saves.
    Continuing the Paladin-sh theme
    Steel Eyes: Even if your body seems weak, your glare shows the warrior spirit in you. You can demoralize all enemies in 10 feet around you with a single move action by making an Intimidate throw.
    A little bit of re-wording needed, i.e. how the gaze succeeds/fails, but nice idea.
    Great Cleave: The Blade Bearer gains Great Cleave as a bonus feat.
    See previous feat comment.
    First Warrior: You are the official leader of your people's soldiers and they respond to your rallying them. As a standard action you can give an attack bonus equal to your charisma bonus to any ally within 30ft. of you. The effect lasts for 1 round.
    This is a pretty poor ability. One standard action to give someone else a +1 attack bonus is not worth it.
    Wall of blades: Swinging your blade around your body like a steel cage you brush off light attacks easily. As long as you have your weapon drawn you have DR 5/-
    Hmmm, I see where you're going with this, but is DR the best way to go about it?
    Piercing Blade: Your Smite attack ignores all damage reduction.
    Good upgrade
    Supreme Cleave: If you get bonus attacks for the Cleave or Great Cleave feats you can make a 5ft step before the attack.
    See previous feats
    Spirit Sight: Your senses extend through your blade. You gain Blindsense in 5ft. around you.
    At 5', I'd just make it blindsight. Blindsense 20'-30', now we're talking.
    Overwhelming Blow: An enemy hit by your Smite attack must make a Fortitude save against a DC of (10+Blade Bearer level+your Cha modifier) or be stunned for 1 round.
    This is a bit lackluster as a 9th-level PrC ability, to me.
    Vengeful Spirit: You become one with the spirit of your weapon and your aura becomes as sharp as a blade. You gain Frightful Presence in 30ft. around you. The DC to resist the effect is (10+Blade Bearer level+your Cha modifier).
    Man, we're getting a lot of frightful presences in these submissions, lol. I feel like, while appropriate, it might be more interesting with a different ability.

Design Notes: This is decidedly stronger than core melee, but since we're aiming for T3, it's not particularly powerful.
    The cleave feats seemed natural, since Matthias and Martin mow through mooks like a harvester on NO².
    The concept is that of a Paladin-like warrior, inspiring his allies through both combat prowess and honor.
    The following, the Scourge, is based on exactly the same design frame, I just replaced and refluffed abilities as fitting. While modeled after Cluny it should be general enough to represent most major villains in Redwall.

Scourge
    "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't add two more heads to my banner!" (Cluny the Scourge)
    You are evil Warlord of a band of murderers, thieves or pirates. Wherever you go you bring pain, death and fear. You strife for riches, revenge or just the fun in killing, but whatever your motivation, the victims are many.
    Prerequisites: BAB+5, Leadership
    Special: Must have killed a creature of equal or higher CR in single combat.

Class skills: Balance, Climb, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble

Aura Of Despair: Your brutality exudes fear and damages your enemies morale. Any enemy within 10ft. of you gets -2 on all saves.
    Vicious: You get two claw (1d4) attacks and one bite (1d6) attack. If you already have one type of these it counts as one size category higher instead.
    Paranoia: You are mad, but there's a twisted slyness in it. You instinctively sense ambushes and traitors. You get +4 to all Sense Motive checks and to saves against mind-affecting abilities.
    Cruel Eyes: Your evil glare disturbs everyone around you. You can demoralize all enemies in 10 feet around you with a single move action by making an Intimidate throw.
    Whip into Shape: Allies within 10ft. of you can reroll any attack roll. They take 1d6 slashing damage for every reroll.
    Sneak Attack: As the Rogue ability
    Signature Attack: You develop a special way of attacking, either with a weapon or a natural attack. This attack deals 2d4 damage, which is either slashing, piercing or bashing, fitting the type of attack. Once per encounter you can make a melee attack that deals 2d4 Con damage. You are always considered proficient with this attack, even if it is an exotic weapon.
    Thick Hide: After countless cruel battles you have begun to ignore lesser injuries. You gain DR 5/-.
    Pouncing Charge: You can make a Full Attack after a charge.
    Bloody claws: If you kill a foe with your natural attacks you can make a demoralization attempt as a swift action.
    Desperate Assault: Allies within 30ft. of you deal extra damage on charges equal to your Charisma bonus. This is a morale bonus.
    Twisted Attack: Any foe you hit with your Signature attack must make a Reflex Save against a DC of (10+Scourge level+your Cha modifier) or be flatfooted in the next round.
    Evil Banner: You make a field sign out of body parts or similar things. You gain Frightful Presence in 30ft. around you. The DC to resist the effect is (10+Scourge level+your Cha modifier).

Sorry, these are all just rough drafts. I've been inspired by the thread and thus spent about from 1:30 to 4:10 writing it down before I forget it. Need to sleep now. Good night. Or morning.
    I like regional feats, nice job! Any ideas for Vermin regional feats?
    The PrC's look interesting, and I think would be good with a little fixing

In other news, I posted the Tree Rats, but I'm waiting for the forum to allow tables again before I post more mammal monster classes. Expect all the 1-2 level Mammal monster classes once the forum's working right again.

29. - Top - End - #209

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by The Antigamer View Post
    Not necessarily, frogs are like Croikle, not PC appropriate, but maybe animal companions or familiars. Toads are an actual race.
    I just meant biologically in real life, not in Redwall specifically. I more meant that any distinction between them is totally artificial.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    I just meant biologically in real life, not in Redwall specifically. I more meant that any distinction between them is totally artificial.
    Oh, lol, I thought you were talking about Redwall.