New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: "One Kingdom's Fall, Another's Rise" IC

"As the Master wills," is Sebastian's reply, accompanied by a slight bow, after which he follows the Master into the carriage.
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

The night sky has clouded over, the crescent moon shrouded and the stars overshadowed. As you prepare to leave, a red hawk flies over the glade, crying out into the night air. Harnessed into the front of the carriage, a pair of warhorses paw at the ground and wait impatiently for Danalus' command.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-01-29 at 08:57 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Whistling sharply to signal the horses to move, Danalus looks at Sebastian. "I believe that some tea would be in order now" he says in relaxed tone. "Or actually wine, on the second thought. It is always good to have suitable drink to savour whilst something great is about to begin".

Beginning to cycle through different appearances, his face, hair, skin colour and clothes change repeatedly as he tries to find most suitable form. Eventually settling black-haired, somewhat foppish-looking young human with expensive purple and red clothes, he checks the results unhurriedly. "Best to begin our preparations right away. We don't want to be unprepared when we arrive to the city, now do we? Hide any overtly visible weaponary and call me only Marius if speaking to outsiders".

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

<Should I hide? I think I would mark us out as something outside the norm.>

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I believe it would be prudent. Perhaps you could be fitted into one bag or another to avoid having to explain you away?" he muses. "Regardless, we are not yet at the town, so you do not need to hide... not until we cross paths with someone"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

At Danalas's insistence, Thomas stores his two hand crossbows in his belt. Then, using the magic power of his magnificent hat, he changes into one of his more commonly used disguises, an older dwarf with a mottled gray cloak, long red beard, light brown shirt, and large belly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Reaching into his jacket, Sebastian produces a bottle of fine wine and two glasses. Taking a moment to pour the two glasses, he closes the bottle and returns it to whence it came. He then turns and offers the first glass to Danalas. "Your wine Master," after which he offers the second glass to Emily, "and the lady."

Spoiler
    Show
    Manifested true nature, excluding everyone that Sebastian was aware of from the effect. Made a mouth within the jacket, and a pair of limbs and an eye inside of Sebastian's stomach to pass the wine and glasses out, and then carefully return the bottle. Type and vintage of the wine is of the Master's preference.
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2011-01-30 at 05:54 AM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

She will take it, smile, and drink a small sip before her master tastes his.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Taking his own glass, Danalus takes a small sip from the wine and savours it for a moment. "Very good vintage" he comments, relaxing and looking into his glass. "Perfect for taking mind off the work momentarily".

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, Sebastien, can I have some too?" Thomas says as he reaches into his belt pouch for a wine glass. Finding one, he pulls it out and says "I got a glass right here."
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebastian, deciding it best to keep relations with the Master's choice servants good, pauses only momentarily as he reaches into his jacket to withdraw a bottle of wine similar enough to the first be easily mistaken for it. Not as good a vintage as the previous bottle, it is still much better than any likely to be found at a bar or tavern. At Thomas' behest, he pours it in to the proffered wine glass before retuning the bottle again to his jacket.
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2011-02-06 at 03:38 AM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas nods in thanks as he takes the glass back from Sebastien. He sips it for a second, and then turns to Danalas and Thesekar. "How long should it be until we arrive at our destination?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Up ahead, the harsh glare of open flame illuminates the crash site. From your position, the comet seems to have crashed into a rocky outcrop, about a mile away. In the blue distance, an expeditionary force can be seen leaving Arvanys, in what looks like a small fleet of carriages.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Looking momentarily rather thoughtful, Danalus hands his glass back to Sebastian. "Stop the carriage here" he says loudly enough to be heard from outside, and waits for a moment for them to stop before turning to Emily. "Now, it seems that we are not only ones interested in that crash... Thus, I believe it will be worth the trouble to go and check the site now. Emily, my dear, perhaps you could provide swift warp there and back after we have seen what the site encompasses?" he asks casually, but it very clearly making an order and not a request.

"Study some spot outside the carriage to make sure you can return us to the same place" he adds, opening the door of the carriage. "The rest of you, stay here until we return. It should not take long".

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Emily nods obediently, headed outside the carriage with her beloved master. When told to, she will activate her teleport!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Returning the Master's and Emily's glasses to inside his jacket as he had the wine bottles, Sebastian replies to the Master's orders, accompanying the reply with a half bow.
    "As the Master wills it."
    Unworried, Sebastian knows the Master will summon him if there is any need. Thus as they depart he turns to busy himself with straitening up the inside of the carriage before reaching into his jacket to take out a black kettle filled with water, which he then places on the palm of his left hand and, after a moment, begins heating with flames from a mouth that has opened there. It would do well to have tea ready upon the Master's return.

Spoiler
    Show
    Generating a small mouth on the left hand with the Spitting Mouth augment (fire), and using the fire to heat the water in the kettle. Note that this is not being done till after the Master and Emily depart. If I fail to post before their return, he will, once the water finished boiling, have poured it into a decorated porcelain tea pot and added the Master's favourite type of tea leaves. This also all assumes the master doesn't call for him interrupting the process.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas nods, and slowly sips his wine. He wishes that he would get to do something soon, as he is getting bored.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Nodding shortly to Emily, Danalus takes her hand to be sure that he will be taken along with her when the teleportation takes place. "Let us go, time is wasting".

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

With a flash of energy, she teleports them!