New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Witchunt V1.0 Game 3 - We are going to need more ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Don't know Mannikath enough to say much. Lists are usually scummy, however.
    (small) Lists of suspected witch targets are mostly good and pro-town. Lists (or any comments) on who you think is pro-town is bad.

The former is selectively filtering information that the town needs to make good daily decisions. The latter is information witches want to make effective nightly decisions. In public discourse, there's good reason for the first and no reason for the last.

I think it's funny that you are considering my loose-lipped Fry, it feels like I'm saying almost nothing. I have a notepad file of things I can't post that's probably longer than all my posts so far combined.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
    I think you're reading that post wrong, he's indicating people that are more scummy (he gives them negative points, then he gives YOU negative a lot of points for CLAIMING WEREWOLF).
    ...so he does. I thought you guys would have a standard scumbering system; that's going to confuse me.

Leta, seraine, what are your opinions on post #272?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a reminder that you have a little more than 24 hours for day 2.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

4. - Top - End - #454
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mannikath View Post
    I think it's funny that you are considering my loose-lipped Fry, it feels like I'm saying almost nothing. I have a notepad file of things I can't post that's probably longer than all my posts so far combined.
    I'm comparing to what I remember from garciahunt, where as I recall you posted basically nothing until you punched Claytus in the throat repeatedly. D1 obviously you didn't do much, but today you have actually posted some reads and stuff, but not so much with the throat-punching, so it seems like a difference. On the OTHER other hand, maybe there are just so many AFKers this game that it makes people who HAVE posted feel exceptionally talky. I don't know. *glares at single-digit posters*

Mannikath, is it possible that someone broke the first two rules of witchhunt?

5. - Top - End - #455
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Yeah Seriously, where is everyone? I mean, I know RL takes precedence, but the game DID say high-post rate. 2 Posts in an entire cycle is not high.
    Not an Englishman, just an Anglophone Canadian. But yes, I am crunchy.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ok, so now that I have some time (read: should be working, but oh well!) let me answer Crunchy English's questions.

First, you asked about targetting today, specifically what my targets are and my reasoning behind them. The target that's drawing the most attention is IF, obviously, but there's too much going on there for me to figure it out. We're all slow dancing around each other right now, looking for subtle clues, while IF is throwing together a mosh pit in the center of the floor. It's too distracting, so I'm trying to ignore him. Right now, my primary targets would be those who are talking some, but not saying anything. Scum don't want to be seen as not talking, but they don't want to say anything that can twist back on them, either. For instance, look at seraine. He's posted 11 times; of those, I haven't seen any real opinions from him. Instead, he's posted a vote counting table (which made me cringe to see all of the vate swapping, but that's the game) and asked other people to expand on their own points. Istari is another good example; six posts, only one of which was putting forward something fresh, in the possibility of Sotek and Orzel being lovers. It turned out the idea was wrong, but no one had asked that yet so it was nice to see. Unfortunately, there's a lot of people who are being quiet and doing the "talking while saying nothing" routine, and I'm falling back on a rule we used to have in college WW games: lynch the quiet ones, because a quiet villager never helps the town.

Second, IF's Spy advice. I think it's a bad idea for the Spy to come out if he's still alive, unless it's clear that he's about to die. If there's a chance at him living, we need him alive to counter the WW, because thanks to IF's early shenanigans the WW is pretty well hidden in the weeds at this point and the DOB isn't likely to hit him. As for what the Spy should claim in the coven thread, it's ridiculous to think we can make accurate suggestions to the Spy without knowing what's going on in there. And I think IF knows his suggestions are suspect without the full information, but I don't think it's scummy. I think IF is just having fun jerking us around in this game (he's said as much), and half of what he says needs to be taken with that in mind. Honestly, considered the crossed signals he's putting out and the attention he's drawing away from the hunt, him dying wouldn't be the worst thing that happened, but as I said above I'm not confident enough in my understanding of what's going on there to pull that trigger myself.

Third, why was Sotek NKed last night? This ties into Zanshin's 1A, 2B, etc. post #427, so I'll answer both now. Sotek wasn't under any real suspicions on the board; in fact, he was emerging as a bit of a trailblazer in conversation starting. So why would he be sacrificed, when he would have probably been one of the more secure coven members? I don't think he would have been sacrificed, but his vocal hunting would make him a good target for a lynch. Hipen seemed off yesterday, and what he was saying didn't make a lot of sense. Put yourself in a coven with a guy like that; wouldn't you tell him to shut up? And that's exactly what he did, although too late to save himself. But if he's a Witch, the coven's one down; why the sacrifice? It looks like a Spy hunt, but I have no idea why they would do that Night 1. Something happened in that coven thread that we didn't get to see, and now the coven will either think they have the Spy dead or sacrifice the Spy/Assassin tonight. If we don't see a sacrifice, it's good odds that they think they caught the Spy.

Fourth, you wanted my read between Zanshin and CitizenFry, on who I trust more. CitizenFry has put forward more information than Zanshin, in terms of reads and conversation starters, so if it came down to having to decide between one or the other, I'd lean towards CitizenFry.

Sorry for the wall of text, but wanted to do my answers justice. For now, I'm pointing at Qwaz, off of Tydude, because the day's coming to an end, he's already got some votes towards him so it will take less time to reach a majority, and he's one of the quiet ones I'm looking at for lynches. He has 7 posts; only one has a resemblance to substance, post #239, and even there he's not really saying anything except that he has nothing to say.
    Werewolf Results

Overall Record (3-1)
    Last Three Games
    Shape-Shifters - The Reaper - Win!
    Breaking the 4th Wall - Troll - Win!
    Mafia XI - Mobster(Citizen) - Loss

7. - Top - End - #457
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Sorry, that's Qwaz off of Tydude. Missed the strikethrough on Tydude's name.
    Werewolf Results

Overall Record (3-1)
    Last Three Games

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

All right. I'm satisfied. Qwaz.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Pixie in the Playground

my .02 of a standard monetary unit

as far as last night i would say >90% they sacced orzel to kill sotek..just dont see a sac of sotek on night 1--hes too good at ferreting out info

as for hipen....maybe he was goin for a day1 lynch as BoD as happened in earlier game, but...im not sure...may have been some language barrier there with the whole "dont be blatant" thing
    but if they thought it was a BoD noose grab the sac makes alot more sense than "we lost a coven member day1 lets lose another tonight!!"

dont see whats gettin the qwaz wagon moving, but like yesterday im more comfortable lynching a non-active than someone who IS active
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

10. - Top - End - #460
    Pixie in the Playground

i believe this puts qwaz at lynch -3 so something better be coming from him soon
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don't lynch me. I'm a villager and we need more of us than the witches. Go village.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byers2142 View Post
    *snip* For instance, look at seraine. He's posted 11 times; of those, I haven't seen any real opinions from him. Instead, he's posted a vote counting table (which made me cringe to see all of the vate swapping, but that's the game) and asked other people to expand on their own points. *snip*
    All I can say is that I am new to this game and nothing is giving off a scummy feeling to me so far, except IF AND Hipen(however, a werewolf devour is probably the only thing that'd give me a real scummy feeling). I was thinking about it, and I haven't had time to post.

I figure that there's a 99% chance IF isn't the WW, given that it's a really stupid claim(as far as I can tell). However, I am thinking there's a 75% chance he can survive a lynch. If he's a scum(probably,as why would survivalist claim WW?), it's likely he's warlock or enchantress. However, if he's enchantress, the lover's may have been killed(Sotek and Orzel).

But here's the crux of my point. He's scum, we lynch him and he survives, and we might think he's actually the WW. I don't know how likely it is that we'll lynch him again if he survives, or if we'll think he's WW. We may not take another shot at lynching him(I don't have enough experience for knowing), and if he's scum he's free. However, a lack of witch NK complicates things, and I don't really know.

Now that I've given you something with the most convulated logic possible, I'll just vote Internet Flea for now. I won't go with the Qwaz wagon as I don't get anything off of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Czin View Post
    Because environmentalism is the embodiment of all that is wrong in the world. Don't you know that recycling runs on the blood of puppies, the souls of orphans, and the tears of kittens?

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    ...so he does. I thought you guys would have a standard scumbering system; that's going to confuse me.

Leta, seraine, what are your opinions on post #272?
    Uhh... follow his advice? I didn't see anything there other than some advice.
    Because environmentalism is the embodiment of all that is wrong in the world. Don't you know that recycling runs on the blood of puppies, the souls of orphans, and the tears of kittens?

14. - Top - End - #464
    Pixie in the Playground

I suppose Qwaz will be fine for today.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Don't lynch me. I'm a villager and we need more of us than the witches. Go village.
    What is this? Way to be helpful, Qwaz. Seriously, I'm not opposed to lynching him right now. Anybody else up for it?
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

16. - Top - End - #466
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by seraine View Post
    All I can say is that I am new to this game and nothing is giving off a scummy feeling to me so far, except IF AND Hipen(however, a werewolf devour is probably the only thing that'd give me a real scummy feeling). I was thinking about it, and I haven't had time to post.

I figure that there's a 99% chance IF isn't the WW, given that it's a really stupid claim(as far as I can tell). However, I am thinking there's a 75% chance he can survive a lynch. If he's a scum(probably,as why would survivalist claim WW?), it's likely he's warlock or enchantress. However, if he's enchantress, the lover's may have been killed(Sotek and Orzel).
    But here's the crux of my point. He's scum, we lynch him and he survives, and we might think he's actually the WW. I don't know how likely it is that we'll lynch him again if he survives, or if we'll think he's WW. We may not take another shot at lynching him(I don't have enough experience for knowing), and if he's scum he's free. However, a lack of witch NK complicates things, and I don't really know.

Now that I've given you something with the most convulated logic possible, I'll just vote Internet Flea for now. I won't go with the Qwaz wagon as I don't get anything off of him.
    Night kill of a lover does NOT kill the other...only lynching does

17. - Top - End - #467
    Pixie in the Playground

so one was a sac to put an ironclad hit(CLANK!, think you can tell i play too much Family Business?) on the other
    you figure out which was more likely the sac

18. - Top - End - #468
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    What is this? Way to be helpful, Qwaz. Seriously, I'm not opposed to lynching him right now. Anybody else up for it?
    Qwaz from Horoar

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

19. - Top - End - #469
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Seriously, if I wasn't already voting for you, this would make me hammer you. (You are at L-1)

vote tally:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lynch votes: (18 alive, 10 is majority)
    byers2142: 2 (Tydude, Qwaz)
    Internet Flea: 5+1 (Mannikath, Horoar, Irbis, Eternal Drifter, seraine) + (Onime-no-Enishi)
    Qwaz: 9 (Crunchy English, Internet Flea, Ramsus, CitizenFry, byers2142, Murska, VA_beds, Leta, Zanshin)
    null: 1 (Istari)

Alive guys:
    Tydude, Internet Flea, Murska, Crunchy English, Ramsus, Istari, Zanshin, VA_beds, Horoar, Mannikath, Irbis, Qwaz, byers2142, Onime-no-Enishi, Leta, CitizenFry, seraine, Eternal Drifter

Dead guys:
    Hipen3 (D1), Orzel (N1), Sotek (N1)

20. - Top - End - #470

Quote Originally Posted by VA_beds View Post
    Night kill of a lover does NOT kill the other...only lynching does
    Sorry... completely forgot about that.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

For those of you who have played in these type of games before (Fry, Manni, etc.), is there any real way to tell when the JW has joined the coven proper? Are there any general rules JWs seem to follow when it's time for them to join the coven?

Also, Qwaz, there are no words.
    Werewolf Results

Overall Record (3-1)
    Last Three Games

22. - Top - End - #472
    Pixie in the Playground

For those of you who have played in these type of games before (Fry, Manni, etc.), is there any real way to tell when the JW has joined the coven proper? Are there any general rules JWs seem to follow when it's time for them to join the coven?

only if there is a meltdown and a calling of the narrator a german political party from WWII on night 1...otherwise no way to tell when JW swaps over other than spy reveal

23. - Top - End - #473
    Pixie in the Playground

only if there is a meltdown and a calling of the narrator a german political party from WWII on night 1...otherwise no way to tell when JW swaps over other than spy reveal
    To be fair, it can happen on night 2 as well. Honestly though, I'm not sure how many of them survive that long; so far they've died night 1 and night 2 in this game.

Oh right, that reminds me. If the Junior Witch is a Werewolf Lover and all the witches have revealed their roles, the Werewolf pretty much just wins outright. You all need to keep quiet and not reveal your roles.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

That example doesn't sound hypothetical. Yikes.
    Werewolf Results

Overall Record (3-1)
    Last Three Games

25. - Top - End - #475
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by seraine View Post
    Uhh... follow his advice? I didn't see anything there other than some advice.
    Just seeing if you're still here. How about #462, with the deadline coming up?

26. - Top - End - #476
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been told that JWs generally reveal later in the game unless they're the spy. In the games I've played, the JW was accidentally hammered D1 (see my signature ) or joined N2 and was immediately sacced due to some convincing math from the real spy. (Funnily enough, it was the same JW both times) But they generally join in later to take full advantage of their "check as good until joined coven" power.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    To be fair, it can happen on night 2 as well. Honestly though, I'm not sure how many of them survive that long; so far they've died night 1 and night 2 in this game.

Oh right, that reminds me. If the Junior Witch is a Werewolf Lover and all the witches have revealed their roles, the Werewolf pretty much just wins outright. You all need to keep quiet and not reveal your roles.
    That advice seems like it's probably a little late. Either they probably already mass role revealed or already decided not to. It seems like you're throwing out random pro town advice to sound pro town even if that advice is going to be in no way helpful. I suppose it helps in future games though.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That advice seems like it's probably a little late. Either they probably already mass role revealed or already decided not to. It seems like you're throwing out random pro town advice to sound pro town even if that advice is going to be in no way helpful. I suppose it helps in future games though.
    The point being if the Spy is alive and hasn't revealed it's because they didn't reveal roles yet, but very little would be stopping them from doing it tonight. Knowing the Enchantress actually has Lovers and that one of them could annihilate them in the right circumstances might give them pause.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Aaaah. I see what you mean. Hadn't thought of it that way.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

Gah, seems to me like Qwaz is also new and doesnt know what to do =/

If he is villager, his posts seriously bring heavy suspicion to him and isnt helping villagers at all, not to mention it doesnt even give us information.

If he is witch, hes doing a very bad job and keeping himself from getting lynched.

as much as i would feel bad for running around stabbing fellow newbies, his post doesnt seem to help us at all regardless, sorry, but until you post something useful or someone arises in the 'scum'dar, im going to park a deadline vote on you.

From Deadline Vote on Internet Flea to Deadline Vote on Qwaz