New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1249
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Witchunt V1.0 Game 3 - We are going to need more ducks

Sorry, my use of pronouns was really confusing there. (Since my JW plan would involve killing "me" (the player Mannikath) and cause "my" (Mannikath's) team to lose.)

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Pixie in the Playground

Change vote to Leta at deadline.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

I actually agree with mannikath, the survivalist should reveal himself now.

If the WW claims surivalist, we have narrowed down our WW suspects to 2 =P

Town is currently in a very vulnerable position where 1 wrong move might very well cost us the game. We need to be careful.

On a side note:
    Deadline Vote on Seraine to Deadline Vote on Leta.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Funny, I was thinking that perhaps we should have the DOB reveal and lynch him and have him pick a random person they think is the wolf.

Also, there is one problem with the Survivalist claiming plan. There is no way we can tell the difference between me failing to kill someone due to survivalist extra life, being the traveler, or the GA's protecting them. As far as I'm aware they all get treated the same in narration. So I propose if we do have me NK claimants that we then lynch anyone who survives just to be safe, if they bounce again we'll have found the WW and hopefully GA wouldn't bane them again. And yes, I realize this plan is overly paranoid.

Thinking about it...this means we would probably want to start by lynching Mannikath. But I won't change my vote for that now as I'm not going to assume my plan is flawless and I do want to see what Leta has to say for himself.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

DoB revealing himself has gaping flaws:
    - We have too little info on who the werewolf is atm; theres a very high chance we will waste our DoB for nothing, and possibly to kill off another towny.
    - Also, if its a true claim, Werewolf would eat him and then be immune to DoB anyway; then our 'fall back to' plan dies with him.
    - If its a fake claim, I dont see why he/she wants to claim DoB to die >>;
    - There is STILL the off-chance you are not truly the spy, in which case DoB being gone, and you not being spy means town loses no matter what (unless we got EXTREMELY lucky). Not worth risking complete failure when we still have other options to explore.

Survivalist claiming plan, however, does have its merits:
    - we narrow down WW suspect to 2, or at least the next person we encounter that "cannot" be lynched is the WW.
    - I dont see how the traveler comes into this equation >>; he should not be claiming survivalist as he will NOT survive a lynch.

Though it would be ****ed up if Leta is busy IRL and just so happen to be the survivalist >>; lol. The other flaw for this plan I can think of is that the werewolf would go on a devour spree and the JW can take the timing to come out and NK everyone else. This would be a rapid succession of towny deaths and the WW would be invincible for quite a long while considering the amount of info we already have.

On second thought, this plan also has its risks, but at least it doesnt involve wasting our possible last chance at victory.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Seriously, how can you guys still think Ramsus is town

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Funny, I was thinking that perhaps we should have the DOB reveal and lynch him and have him pick a random person they think is the wolf.
    .....this is the absolute worst plan possible.

There are no plans worse than this one.

Also, there is one problem with the Survivalist claiming plan. There is no way we can tell the difference between me failing to kill someone due to survivalist extra life, being the traveler, or the GA's protecting them. As far as I'm aware they all get treated the same in narration.
    In any of those cases, why would town care? All we're doing in all 3 cases is proving they aren't the Werewolf or JW. In none of these cases would it make any sense to--

So I propose if we do have me NK claimants that we then lynch anyone who survives just to be safe, if they bounce again we'll have found the WW and hopefully GA wouldn't bane them again. And yes, I realize this plan is overly paranoid.
    --wait what. You are seriously proposing that we intentionally lynch anyone who is explicitly proven to not be WW or JW?

Thinking about it...this means we would probably want to start by lynching Mannikath. But I won't change my vote for that now as I'm not going to assume my plan is flawless and I do want to see what Leta has to say for himself.
    Yeah, I'm so done with this charade. Ramsus gotta die.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

Mannikath, you don't have to overreact just because a plan I made (that may or may not have horrible flaws (that's why I wasn't acting on it and was just proposing it) ) involved you possibly dying. And again I hardly think I have to point out that anything Fry says about me is likely just being said to save his own hairy hide.

Since Onime was the only person to respond with anything worth responding to I'll just respond to that.

Well, the WW eating the DOB would clearly tell us who the WW is. He won't want to do that and would rather risk the chance the DOB hit someone else but there'd still be a chance he'd get hit, which is still better than his chances if he eats the DOB.

Nobody should ever be fake claiming DOB, that'd be really damn anti-town.

Well yes, that chance exists in your minds. It doesn't in mine. Do you really expect me to plan with information I know is incorrect in mind?

The traveler doesn't come into it really. I was just pointing out that there's no way for us to tell the difference between the three results that end up in "person got NKed but didn't die".

Anyway, yeah. I was proposing a plan of action and asking if you guys thought it was any good. Just because it's not a great plan doesn't make me a Witch despite what the WW would have you believe. If you lynch me the WW will almost certainly win. There are few of us left now that whoever the WW is they probably have a good guess at who the DOB is if simply by elimination granted by other player info. There are enough known/easily guessable roles that the WW could be kill immune until there are only about two people aside from himself left. So go ahead and continue your paranoia plan if you really want to town to lose. Otherwise let me live so we actually have a shot at winning.

In fact, I'm starting to find it odd that Mannikath keeps trying to lynch me when even having me be a Witch and living would be more pro-town than me being dead. Perhaps he's the JW? I sorta doubt he's the WW. It would certainly be to the JW's advantage to have me lynched and then just lay low till the WW was dealt with.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
    Seriously, how can you guys still think Ramsus is town
    Just because it's a bad plan doesn't mean he's evil.

Earlier I had the idea to try and get EVERYONE to claim- whoever claimed a dead role that I knew would be a target. Obviously stupid since every TRUE claim is one more WW snack. But it doesn't make me evil for thinking it- just inexperienced.

I like the Survivalist idea though. Do it!

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm....Alright, I'm Survivalist. Is everybody happy?
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

So now we just bounce a NK off Tydude and profit?

12. - Top - End - #1032
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
    Just because it's a bad plan doesn't mean he's evil.

Earlier I had the idea to try and get EVERYONE to claim- whoever claimed a dead role that I knew would be a target. Obviously stupid since every TRUE claim is one more WW snack. But it doesn't make me evil for thinking it- just inexperienced.

I like the Survivalist idea though. Do it!
    That bad plan sounds like the sort of thing a townie could come up with and post without thinking all the way through it. Ramsus' plan of "gosh, we should get the DOB to claim and then lynch him and hope he randomly hits the werewolf" literally makes no sense at all from Ramsus' perspective if Ramsus is the spy. Why? Because Ramsus the spy can randomly nightkill someone without getting the DOB involved. The only way that plan would sound even remotely plausible to Ramsus is if Ramsus is a witch.

Furthermore, "we should lynch people who survive nightkills" is like the most anti-town thing possible, how does that even make sense

13. - Top - End - #1033
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

BTW, lynch Ramsus

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

vote no lynch

There's no reason we shouldn't at the very least bounce a NK off Tydude, confirming him as non-witch and non-werewolf.

Even if Ramsus is a witch, this is is his best interest. It is also in the best interest of the junior witch to sit tight and let us do this. Both have no reason to stop what is ultimately getting a free extra life out of their way.

The only person who hates this plan, obviously, is the Werewolf. Which is why we are doing it in the first place.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Fry, your reasoning isn't quite spot on. The only reason I said that is because currently people are going to lynch me if I just start randomly NKing. And it's a lot less useful if I have to warn people "I am going to NK you tonight!" every time. I really don't want this to be "let's kill Ramsus now!" every time I ask for NKing permission. Of course none of this makes that a good plan.

Before I switch off Leta I'd like to hear something from him (so far we haven't even gotten a friendly hello ).

16. - Top - End - #1036
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Fry, your reasoning isn't quite spot on. The only reason I said that is because currently people are going to lynch me if I just start randomly NKing. And it's a lot less useful if I have to warn people "I am going to NK you tonight!" every time. I really don't want this to be "let's kill Ramsus now!" every time I ask for NKing permission. Of course none of this makes that a good plan.
    OK, so explain why we need to lynch people who survive nightkills, that is the witchest thing I have ever heard

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

Because the GA don't know if they protected the WW or JW or not. And no matter what we say they're probably going to protect someone.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Because the GA don't know if they protected the WW or JW or not. And no matter what we say they're probably going to protect someone.
    Yes, they do know. If I have learned anything from previous witchhunt games, it is that the GAs have put everything together by this point in the game. Especially with Sotek there to coordinate. There is a 0% chance the GAs will protect WW or JW.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    No, it shouldn't. If no one dies for X days and everyone keeps wanting to do that, I'll declare it a draw between the alive factions.
    OK, so what is X?

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
    OK, so what is X?
    How about... 4~5 cicles with no lynches or NKs?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

we can probably end up lynching leta today for being so silent >>; medium will get info at the very least.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Pixie in the Playground

Why would the GAs protect someone we were trying to test? Sure, if the Witches had a majority up there that would be a good tactic for them. They are here to help US, not the other way around. So if we ask to not protect person A, then unless they have a good reason, they shouldn't do it.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Well I'm already having problems convincing you guys I'm the Spy, I can't even directly talk to the GA. The witches might have utterly convinced them by now that someone else was the spy. And really, it's not the GAs protecting the WW or Survivalist I'm worried about. They most likely wouldn't do that. I'm worried they'll block my attempts at killing the JW afterward (assuming the game doesn't just suddenly come to an end when the WW dies).

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

Well I'm already having problems convincing you guys I'm the Spy, I can't even directly talk to the GA. The witches might have utterly convinced them by now that someone else was the spy. And really, it's not the GAs protecting the WW or Survivalist I'm worried about. They most likely wouldn't do that. I'm worried they'll block my attempts at killing the JW afterward (assuming the game doesn't just suddenly come to an end when the WW dies).
    Im more worried about the WW than the JW. The JW is dangerous, sure, but not invincible to lynching. IMHO, we focus on the WW first; i still do not see why the GA would want to protect the JW though >>; and i dont think they even know who is the JW at this point. Besides, we would be able to lynch the JW.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

^ i meant "We would still be able to lynch the JW anyway"

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah ok, I should probably stop thinking of plans of actions that involve the WW already being dead till the WW is actually dead.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

If Tydude is suicidal fake-claiming WW who is volunteering to be night killed and the Angels actually Protect him even though it would make no sense and we are explicitly telling them not to... we might lose but I get to make fun of Sotek forever.

So, still a win in my book?

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

are we deciding to lynch leta or let him/her be? leta's been extremely quiet now.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

No hurry, we can pester/lynch Leta tomorrow. Hopefully the silence will end by then.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

True, changing from Deadline Vote on Leta to No Vote then