New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142
Results 1,231 to 1,249 of 1249
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Witchunt V1.0 Game 3 - We are going to need more ducks

Sigh, posting at work has its disadvantages, i need to post fast to avoid getting caught (lol, im such a productive worker), and i tend to make alot of posting mistakes thanks to that. I'm pretty sure that was one of the main factors that destroyed my arguments on the final day.

i cant believe Zanshin and ED would think that if i was the JW, id be so stupid as to leave you guys alone when theres 2 towny and 1 spy left ;_; i almost feel offended.

And not once have i trusted ramsus's claim =/ Here was my thought process throughout the game:

Early game was normal til witches started targetting murska. I panicked a little, knowing that the priest will die soon (not to mention my role would soon be boring, rofl). After he died, i was at least ensured we had 2 scum dead, and the enchantress was one of them; making both me and crunchy safe.

I already had my suspicions on ramsus, and poked him a little, but no one else really poked him til mannikath, which created the wagons against him. His revelation was good news to town, it made sense (most of it, not all), and it means all witches are dead, but him saying byers saying sotek was priest made me suspect sotek was the JW (why else would he hide it? he needs a scapegoat to implant fear in townies other than WW for in case WW dies). Was just a mere suspicion.

However, he was willing to act the claim, thus, what I originally intended was to pretend to believe him, and try hard not to get him lynched UNTIL we kill the WW, and i was hoping we can find said opportunity BEFORE our numbers dwindled, it was a wild bet but I was betting on it.

It happened, albeit it happened when we are right at GA protection border, I originally intended to just lynch ramsus right there and then, but mannikath's "ill tell my role later" and then complete silence right after that really ruined my plans completely =/ had he just popped and said "Im traveller, you can NK me to prove" I would have believed him wholeheartedly; Zanshin and ED already voting for him also meant that even if i voted ramsus, it wont make a diff, ramsus can just vote mannikath and win =/

on the last day itself, i was waiting for someone to point at ramsus so I can go in too, acolyte is a blurry role to prove, and im pretty sure the 'spy/witch' would point his first finger towards whoever pointed at him first. Zanshin did, so i followed. Then they all withdrew; game dragged on so i just decided to do it myself, and BOOM dead =/
    Last edited by Onime-no-Enishi; 2011-03-16 at 10:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

@sotek: yes, xD it was very obvious mannikath was trying to get witch to NK him, but his behaviour on the day he was lynched got me to doubt him for a second too =/

oh and yes, I'm going to join the next one.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

just read GA chat =p

"In the early stages of the game, Ramsus defended Hipen3 (identified assassin), byers (scryed scum), and horoar (obvious scum). Admittedly, being the spy, he may be doing that just to "act" witchy, and fool the witches, but im now wondering why the town didnt see it >>;"

I saw it, I called it out, that is the only reason Ramsus claimed spy in the first place, you donkey
    >.< lol, was pointing mostly at the currently living townies. Mostly why i told them to read back on your posts and mannikath's coz both of you pointed it out too.
    Last edited by Onime-no-Enishi; 2011-03-16 at 09:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Halfling in the Playground

Lol... talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

EDIT: That reminds me of my favourite sports team- the Timberwolves.
    Last edited by seraine; 2011-03-16 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Czin View Post
    Because environmentalism is the embodiment of all that is wrong in the world. Don't you know that recycling runs on the blood of puppies, the souls of orphans, and the tears of kittens?

5. - Top - End - #1235
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

I wonder who figured out Irbis' role first. I hope it was me (even if I only figured it out AFTER she had been lynched)

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

didnt figure that one out, had the suspicion VA_beds was judge after he was lynched, but it was just a hunch so i didnt follow it through, but didnt matter anyway >.< he was already dead when i had the hunch.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Pixie in the Playground

so i guess the only thing left is to pick a title for the next one...

witchunt 4: Don't be Blatant
    or
    witchunt4: The Attack of Flearoy Jenkins
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Pixie in the Playground

Witchhunt 4: The Jaws of Victory.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

So we're not going with Witchhunt 4: A New Hope?

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Witchhunt 4: The Jaws of Victory.
    seconded xD

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Witchunt 4: 2-for-1, Yeah there's a Sale on 'em

Eurgh...that's awful.
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2011-03-17 at 02:42 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post

Eurgh...that's awful.
    That's so horrible. I second this motion!

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

Sorry for leaving bros, I was programming non-stop for the last week and a half after GDC... on something relevant to your interests!

http://forums.sirlin.net/showthread.php?t=4982

Short version: It's a fully automated system for running Witchhunt, from role assignments to voting to night actions to role powers. You "play the game" exactly as you do now, in a forum thread, only now there's a control panel where you can make your various votes and actions that provides up-to-the-minute information.

It's okay Sotek, the robots will replace all of us someday.

It basically replaces a mod as we know it, but I think it is best if the game still has a moderator to manage the community side of things--answer questions, make player replacements, govern the discussion thread, ect. It will be nice never to have to wait on a mod's actions to move forward though.

I've been in talks with a few artists already this week, and will be wrapping up bug testing over the next week and a half. If you would like to wait until then, I'll be happy to mod a game using this sleek new system.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mannikath View Post
    Sorry for leaving bros, I was programming non-stop for the last week and a half after GDC... on something relevant to your interests!

Short version: It's a fully automated system for running Witchhunt, from role assignments to voting to night actions to role powers. You "play the game" exactly as you do now, in a forum thread, only now there's a control panel where you can make your various votes and actions that provides up-to-the-minute information.

It basically replaces a mod as we know it, but I think it is best if the game still has a moderator to manage the community side of things--answer questions, make player replacements, govern the discussion thread, ect. It will be nice never to have to wait on a mod's actions to move forward though.

I've been in talks with a few artists already this week, and will be wrapping up bug testing over the next week and a half. If you would like to wait until then, I'll be happy to mod a game using this sleek new system.
    !!! awesome!! if you need help i might be able to ;p what language are you programming it in?

but before that, 2 things:
    1. use another image hosting site for people in SEA >.< (me), it IP banned our region for some reason.

2. I still hate you ;_; (~<3333)

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post

Eurgh...that's awful.
    Just awful enough to work!

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onime-no-Enishi View Post
    !!! awesome!! if you need help i might be able to ;p what language are you programming it in?
    The server is written in python on the Django framework communicating via AMF.

The client is in Flex, which is a framework containing a few sets of MXML components controlled by actionscript. It's essentially Flash.

use another image hosting site for people in SEA >.< (me), it IP banned our region for some reason.
    imageshack is banned? Wacky.
    Last edited by Mannikath; 2011-03-17 at 12:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mannikath View Post

And I'd love to be able to play again.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

rawr so when is part 4?

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

rawr so when is part 4?
    As soon as Manni's system is ready to go, I suppose.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.