New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Witchunt V1.0 Game 3 - We are going to need more ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy English View Post
    Let's see here, Citizen Fry has done a lot of facepalming and suspicion-rousing (and totally called me scum, not that I'm a petty jerk who would let that factor into it*) What say you, Citizen?

(*Note: I'm a petty jerk and that's totally factoring into it.)
    I don't think it's in town's best interest for me to respond to this just yet. If I happen to die before I do respond, you can ask Sotek, as I'm sure he has noted the same posts that I did.

Quote Originally Posted by byers2142 View Post
    I've never really liked bouncing my votes around without a good reason, so for now I'll keep my point on Sotek; it's not so much that I'm overly suspicious of you, I just have nothing else to fall back on right now.
    So, you don't like bouncing your vote around, but you are happy to put it on people who are nearly dead? When you jumped on Sotek, that put him to 9/11 votes, then you jumped on Internet Flea (putting him to 8 votes). Seems odd to put a vote on someone near death that you're not "overly suspicious" of, particularly if you don't like moving your vote?

byers2142, witchy voting pattern

Quote Originally Posted by VA_beds View Post
    i guess no witches wanted the boat and party.... 8(
    No idea what this means

vote tally:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lynch votes: (21 alive, 11 is majority)
    Sotek: 4 (Zanshin, Leta, Eternal Drifter, Qwaz)
    Internet Flea: 6 (Ramsus, Tydude, Hipen3, Orzel, Onime-no-Enishi, Horoar)
    Hipen3: 3 (Internet Flea, Sotek, VA_beds)
    CitizenFry: 3 (seraine, Crunchy English, Istari)
    Ramsus: 1 (Murska)
    seraine: 1 (byers2142)
    byers2142: 1 (CitizenFry)
    null: 2 (Mannikath, Irbis)

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, I guess I'll switch from Hipen3 to CitizenFry for now. I thought we'd agreed that lynch -2 was an acceptable number.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

Sure lets add more momentum to the Citizen Fry pressure
    ‎'If sally has 8 eggs and jim has 4 eggs and they each give half their eggs to scott, in which country would you find the Caja District?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll switch from Sotek to CitizenFry as well.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well there's no point in keeping my vote on Internet Flea, so I suppose I'll switch. Let's see, byers is a little suspicious and I would like to pressure him, but for now I'll switch from Internet Flea to CitizenFry to help the bandwagon along.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
    So, you don't like bouncing your vote around, but you are happy to put it on people who are nearly dead? When you jumped on Sotek, that put him to 9/11 votes, then you jumped on Internet Flea (putting him to 8 votes). Seems odd to put a vote on someone near death that you're not "overly suspicious" of, particularly if you don't like moving your vote?

byers2142, witchy voting pattern
    I don't like bouncing my vote around without good reason, but Internet Flea and reading the old game has suggested to me that bouncing votes to put pressure on people is what this game is all about, unlike other games where all of the bouncing just looks like you're trying to follow the crowd. In all honesty, all of this jumping definitely puts me outside of my confidence zone, but you'll notice I've jumped off of both Sotek and IF now, trying to mine data from other people and not necessarily lynch them. But hey, if I'm suspicious to you I'm suspicious to you.

Of course, now people are starting to look your way as well. I'll switch from seraine, who no one else seems interested in, to CitizenFry for eight votes on him.
    Werewolf Results

Overall Record (3-1)
    Last Three Games
    Shape-Shifters - The Reaper - Win!
    Breaking the 4th Wall - Troll - Win!
    Mafia XI - Mobster(Citizen) - Loss

7. - Top - End - #187
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

vote tally:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lynch votes: (21 alive, 11 is majority)
    Sotek: 3 (Leta, Eternal Drifter, Qwaz)
    Internet Flea: 4 (Ramsus, Hipen3, Orzel, Onime-no-Enishi)
    Hipen3: 2 (Sotek, VA_beds)
    CitizenFry: 8 (seraine, Crunchy English, Istari, Internet Flea, Horoar, Zanshin, Tydude, byers2142)
    null: 2 (Mannikath, Irbis)

Hmm. Interesting. I don't know any of you guys that are voting for me that well. Do you guys want me to claim, or what? Bearing in mind that we already have two (lol)claims today.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, I'd like two things. For Flea and Sotek I was cool with some claims, even lol claims. Flea's claim was bold and most likely false but I think it gives us quite a bit to work with.

But also, has this is the third time the merri-go-round has done this, could you maybe lay some reads on us? I mean if you don't have much, that's cool. It's all of us just groping around in the dark right now, but I'd like a peek at your thought process if at all possible.

Is that too much to expect... i dunno, probably.
    Not an Englishman, just an Anglophone Canadian. But yes, I am crunchy.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

Dance, little monkeys, dance!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

hmmmmmm................. what the heck CitizenFry :)
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

Did I miss something, or did Internet Flea just dismiss a train on himself by fakeclaiming Werewolf?

Like, seriously? The only way that could be more ridiculous is trueclaiming a role not in the game at all...

I am also kind of confused by the Fry-train, except not really because it's D1 and somebody has to die. I think the only reason it bothers me is because I had a similar read on Crunchy. (as Fry) This is why I hate D1! If I had been actively posting my initial suspicions, I think it's likely I would be in Fry's spot right now.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

Wait, did Internet Flea just not vote for me??????...............................OMG ARMAGEDON HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

That really is an incredibly bizarre move IF. Well I won't jump on the Frywagon just yet as he hasn't made any sort of claim. And I wouldn't really be all that shocked if people found IF's WW claim as suspicious as I did (though I'm reading into like 5 layer deep mind-game trickery that probably isn't really there) and ended up deciding to lynch him after-all.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Just for the sake of analysis... If I assume that me, Internet Flea, and Fry are all town (or, uh, non-coven in IF's sake, I guess...?) here's what I see.

One of {Tydude, Zanshin} is likely scum. One or two of {Leta, Crunchy English, Eternal Drifter, Qwaz, byers2142} are likely scum.

One of {Tydude, Crunchy English} is likely scum. One of {Crunchy English, Hipen3, Orzel} is plausible scum.

One of {Crunchy English, Istari} is likely scum, one or two of {Horoar, Zanshin, Tydude, byers32142, Hipen3} are likely scum.

That's with the assumption, which I'm not ENTIRELY confident of, plus assuming witch voting patterns which might not hold like normal due to the way the votes fell in huge clumps, plus some of our players are experienced enough to actively avoid such patterns.

Hmm. It makes me want to look harder at Crunchy English, it does.

---------------------------------
    Post Reference Link
    Sotek's unofficial lynch vote tally. Please remember to specify all votes in red!
    21 voters, therefore 11 is majority and 11 is deadlock
    Internet Flea: 3 (Ramsus, Orzel, Onime-no-Enishi)
    CitizenFry: 9 (seraine, Crunchy English, Istari, Internet Flea, Horoar, Zanshin, Tydude, byers2142, Hipen3)
    Hipen3: 1 (VA_beds)
    Crunchy English: 1 (Sotek)
    Abstaining: 2 (Irbis, Mannikath)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

When is this day over? I'm bored of voting between citizenfry and Horoar.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Just for the sake of analysis... If I assume that me, Internet Flea, and Fry are all town (or, uh, non-coven in IF's sake, I guess...?) here's what I see.

One of {Tydude, Zanshin} is likely scum. One or two of {Leta, Crunchy English, Eternal Drifter, Qwaz, byers2142} are likely scum.

One of {Tydude, Crunchy English} is likely scum. One of {Crunchy English, Hipen3, Orzel} is plausible scum.

One of {Crunchy English, Istari} is likely scum, one or two of {Horoar, Zanshin, Tydude, byers32142, Hipen3} are likely scum.

That's with the assumption, which I'm not ENTIRELY confident of, plus assuming witch voting patterns which might not hold like normal due to the way the votes fell in huge clumps, plus some of our players are experienced enough to actively avoid such patterns.
    Trying to understand your analysis here, Sotek. You're saying given the non-coven assumption (and I love the fact that we're all trying to figure out what to make of IF's WW claim), you suspect one of these three scenarios to be likely, or you expect all three are true? I think you mean the former, but wanted to make sure you didn't mean the latter and I just misunderstood.
    Werewolf Results

Overall Record (3-1)
    Last Three Games
    Shape-Shifters - The Reaper - Win!
    Breaking the 4th Wall - Troll - Win!
    Mafia XI - Mobster(Citizen) - Loss

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hipen3 View Post
    When is this day over? I'm bored of voting between citizenfry and Horoar.
    Since it's day one I was thinking of making a "soft" deadline (This means deadline votes turn into real ones. Not that I've seen deadline votes.) either tomorrow or wednesday and the real deadline 24 hours after the soft one. Of course, anytime a majority is reached (11 votes) or if the Leeroy commandeers the lynch the day automaticaly ends.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm. It makes me want to look harder at Crunchy English, it does.

Post Reference Link
    Sotek's unofficial lynch vote tally. Please remember to specify all votes in red!
    21 voters, therefore 11 is majority and 11 is deadlock
    Internet Flea: 3 (Ramsus, Orzel, Onime-no-Enishi)
    CitizenFry: 9 (seraine, Crunchy English, Istari, Internet Flea, Horoar, Zanshin, Tydude, byers2142, Hipen3)
    Hipen3: 1 (VA_beds)
    Crunchy English: 1 (Sotek)
    Abstaining: 2 (Irbis, Mannikath)
    Ofcourse this is all very flimsy without any way of knowing that your assumptions are correct.
    ‎'If sally has 8 eggs and jim has 4 eggs and they each give half their eggs to scott, in which country would you find the Caja District?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

One of {Tydude, Zanshin} is likely scum.

One of {Tydude, Crunchy English} is likely scum.
    If you're right, this means both Zanshin and Crunchy English are scum. But what have I done to make you suspicious of me? Sadly, I haven't done much this game yet (maybe that's why). Actually, I'm starting to get a very scummy feeling off of you, Sotek. I don't know exactly why, and it's still Day One, but I'll be watching closely.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm. Interesting. I don't know any of you guys that are voting for me that well. Do you guys want me to claim, or what? Bearing in mind that we already have two (lol)claims today.
    Yes. I want you to say something sticky so I can point at other people. Hipen3 and Horoar are really starting to bother me.

Also, what about Crunchy is bothering everyone, apart from his suggestion that claiming Werewolf is somehow less than genius?

21. - Top - End - #201
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Define "sticky"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

Define "sticky"
    Something you're stuck with.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

Citizens at Lynch -2 now. I'd be a lot more comfortable if he gave us something to work with.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

I agree with you tydude, why is sotek trying to guide our votes. Hummmmmmmmm... I wonder.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Since it's day one I was thinking of making a "soft" deadline (This means deadline votes turn into real ones. Not that I've seen deadline votes.) either tomorrow or wednesday and the real deadline 24 hours after the soft one. Of course, anytime a majority is reached (11 votes) or if the Leeroy commandeers the lynch the day automaticaly ends.
    sounds good gray...very well then--deep breath--LEERO, naw, not this time
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

I agree with you tydude, why is sotek trying to guide our votes. Hummmmmmmmm... I wonder.

It's kinda scummy, but really its just what he does. It's a combination of being experienced and always there.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VA_beds View Post
    sounds good gray...very well then--deep breath--LEERO, naw, not this time
    Don't be sad, two out'a three ain't bad.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byers2142 View Post
    Trying to understand your analysis here, Sotek. You're saying given the non-coven assumption (and I love the fact that we're all trying to figure out what to make of IF's WW claim), you suspect one of these three scenarios to be likely, or you expect all three are true? I think you mean the former, but wanted to make sure you didn't mean the latter and I just misunderstood.
    I mean all three. They're from the various bandwagons - each set is from each separate bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    If you're right, this means both Zanshin and Crunchy English are scum. But what have I done to make you suspicious of me? Sadly, I haven't done much this game yet (maybe that's why). Actually, I'm starting to get a very scummy feeling off of you, Sotek. I don't know exactly why, and it's still Day One, but I'll be watching closely.
    You haven't done anything except vote second on several bandwagons, which is a scummy position. ;)

Doesn't mean you're scum - for instance, if IF is coven you're probably NOT scum. If Fry is coven you might still be scum, but in that case everyone else on Fry is probably non-coven.

Another way to think about it is this: I'm saying Tydude and Zanshin aren't *both* scum, etc etc. And that holds in almost any world.

The innocent assumptions are only so-so, and the bandwagons have blown up faster than I like for this kind of analysis, but that's what I've got so far.

Yes, why would someone try to find scum, honestly.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

here is what i make from what i saw so far:

IF WW claim being really fishy is one thing, if he truly is a werewolf he will be witch target tonight, and he doesnt want that to happen if he truly is a werewolf, thus, he cannot be a werewolf, besides, why would the werewolf 'truly be concerned' for the villager's lynch that he would just role reveal to get the bandwagon off him?

Now, if he isnt truly a werewolf what can he possibly be?

If he truly planned this ahead, there is a chance he is the enchantress, because enchantresses cannot be lynched until the lovers are dead (unfortunately), and so if we do go on with our lynch wagon, he probably wont die anyway. And once that happens it will only serve to prove his claim as werewolf and most of everyone would be fooled that he is indeed the WW and ignore him as 'witch' for quite some time.

Of course there is a possibility he is the warlock as or survivalist as well, but id think he'd claim to be a survivalist if that was the case, though whether or not people will believe him is a different story.

Also, I do not get Sotek's logic on whos scummy and whos not >.< mind explaining? the 3 part post didnt make any sense at all. Suspicious for the time being, unless ofcourse this gets clarified.

Of course, my experience with witch hunt isnt all that great =/ so these are just my 2 cents.

for now, i will watch the bandwagon and will switch my vote depending on how things goes, though missing out on a day 1 lynch isnt AS bad as it sounds, considering our day 1 will have a much higher possibility of hitting a villager anyway =/

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onime-no-Enishi View Post
    here is what i make from what i saw so far:

IF WW claim being really fishy is one thing, if he truly is a werewolf he will be witch target tonight, and he doesnt want that to happen if he truly is a werewolf, thus, he cannot be a werewolf, besides, why would the werewolf 'truly be concerned' for the villager's lynch that he would just role reveal to get the bandwagon off him?
    Witches can't kill the werewolf until the Spy is dead, otherwise Spy just reveals and town lynches all of them.