New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: In Character #2

Lost and Found

"I would like that very much. Thank you for your kindness." So many new toys to play with! What fun.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

She begins to cast soothing spells into your wing.

"So, what brings you to Water World anyways?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hakan, Hideout, Area 11

"Uhhh... bro? Sis? Are you sure this thing is gonna work?" The small boy gave the massive device a good long glare of speculation. "It looks... different. Just saying, are you positive its done?"

"Shuddup Soren. Of course its done - otherwise I'd be working on it right now. I mean, sure there might still be a couple of... kinks... in the design, but we can work those out as we go along. My main concern is dumbass here being able to pilot it at all - none of us have any real training." Kaylee started to launch into a monologue on proper handling, then sighed in exasperation as Hakan cut her off.

"Bah! Who needs training? I can take on a dozen tieflings with just my fists, no training necessary! And now that we've got this... my personal knightmare will be able to take on a dozen of theirs too!"
    He gave a firm kick to the shin of the odd crysteel contraption.

"Okay, first off, this is going to be a lot more complicated than just punching things - second, stop calling it a knightmare! Its my Ganman, and if you down a dozen knightmares it's because of my engineering, not your idiocy." True enough, the mech occupying most of the small underground room resembled the sleek knightmares only superficially.

It was humanoid, but it was stocky and thickly built. It's feet were wide, and lacked the wheel assemblies that gave the knightmares their devastating speed. There were no weapon hard-points. No sensor arrays. The heavy metal fists were equipped with a fully unnecessary compliment of five fingers. The plating had been applied without regard for bullet deflection or weight distribution. And it lacked an engine.

In other words, any sane observer would have termed it a piece of junk. But to the three young people staring at it, it was something more. It was a glimmer of hope - a real, honest-to-goodness chance at fighting back under their own power.

And hope and expectations could do funny things to fact and reason.

Rayne, Imperial Quarters, Teppelin

The little princess glared at the lab-coat clad man, putting off far more menace than a ten-year-old ought to be capable of. "Listen very carefully. There is no bioengineering corps, special or otherwise. You are an idiot. And perhaps most pressingly, you're lying through your teeth - seriously, you aren't even good at it! I really don't appreciate people lying to me. So, bearing in mind that nobody is authorized to be in my family's quarters, and their either of my moms could rip you to shreds with a single thought, and would do so in a second if they realized you were talking to me, I'd really like to hear you explain what you're trying to pull here."

"Remember. No lying."
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Lost and Found

Odium flashes another toothy grin and says, "I, I was fleeing a small tyranny. The Council didn't like me doing whatever I liked."
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Lost and Found

"Indeed, the Chept peoples have full sympathy for all those seeking to escape the tyrrany of the Ear."

Odium would notice that his wing is mostly healed, and has been re-set. However, the pain of his injuries was still present. He was fit to fly once more, but he had not been completely healed.

"I can make straight what was broken, but I am not gifted to speed the body's re-knitting of itself. Tell me, what do you eat, and we'll do our best to provide it. Tonight, you are an honored guest, and tomorrow we will help guide you wherever you wish."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOfUndeath View Post
    Immortas, Conquest: Fileun

Preparations for War

"That is good Evanzar. By the way a dozen of your troops are currently on the Metal Mountains. It seems they insist on flirting with us. One of them has been on those mountains more than he has been off them! Thought has informed me the Mist Sea has been filled in and the Zombies and Skeletons are preparing for war as expected. I also believe White Conquest, Immortas' Horseman will be joining us for part of the invasion and the assault on Teppelin. We are also about to make contact with a newly discovered race called gargoyles. We may be able to convince them to help us. Our Lord, Immortas has also gifted them several new beasts that cause people to go insane, turn on each other or be wracked with intense pain."
    Evanzar grinned. "Excellent. These new troops will be just icing on the cake. And a Horseman? Damn." Evanzar's eyebrows rise considerably. " I've only ever heard of them. As for these potential new allies, they can join the invasion while its in progress. I've waited- We've waited too long for this. We go now."

The Barren Plains and Conquestia, Total War

Evanzar stood atop Gygax, at the head of an army a million strong. A phalanx of armored golemships, followed the legions of Forsaken, Skeltons, and Zombies. He looked out at the army, and smiled. He turned to Alek, who stood beside him.

" It is time."

Alek raised an armored fist, and shot a single fireball into the sky.

There was a long silence. Then, the army roared. They had awaited this day for years. They would sweep into their enemies like an all-consuming flood. They would take their lands, subjugate those who opposed them, and continue on to do the same to the rest of the world.
    The golemships legs set into motion. The legions began their marching songs. The earth shook. The stones rattled.
    At the same time, the golemship armada in the mists responded to the fireball. The walking fortresses moved forward under the mists with silence, the flanking wing of the force.
    The invasion had begun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, snap.
    Last edited by apocalypsePast2; 2011-01-24 at 01:07 AM.
    Four Gods wait on the windowsill
    Where once eight Gods did war and will,
    And if the gods themselves may die,
    What does that say for you and I?

Now three Gods sit on the windowsill,
    Where one God's blood was lately spilled
    Black tounges lap at the spreading pool,
    To build the strength they need to rule.

- The Quartet For The Dusk Of Man, Tycho Ephemerous Brahe

Call me Apoc.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Josiah, Pyrokus
    With a hop and a sigh Josiah strides across worlds, finding himself in Pyrokus. He walks deeper and deeper into the great cogs of the fiery realms, finally stopping in front of a horrible device. It has fallen into disuse and disrepair but there is a latent horrible majesty in it.
    Immortas, Be a dear and bring me our greedy brother. I think it's time I made my contribution to your little war. If you can, bring Quarland as well. I think he'll like this and he's always been fair in his dealing with me.
    With a glare in the direction of the gnomish citadel a curse vomits it's way into being.
    Not all have been so pleasant.
    Spoiler
    Show
    AP 21=14+7 Rollover
    AP 20 = MR 5 Curse. And gnomes once again go to the Rot.
    GP 7/21
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2011-01-27 at 09:07 AM.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Immortas

Hearing Josiah's words and his plans would have caused Immortas to smile if he could. Instead he simply disappeared from his throne and appeared next to Bacsphaal.
    <Josiah requests our presence in Pyrokus Bacshpaal. He intends to join our war.>
    His message delivered Immortas disappears again.
    When he reappears he is behind Quarland.
    <Josiah requests your presence in Pyrokus Quarland. He wants to aid our creations in their war.>

Immortas disappears and reappears just outside Pyrokus. <Mondo! I come to this place not to challenge or be rude but to further Josiah's plans. I will circumvent your barrier but you can boot me from here if you want.>
    With that Immortas entered Pyrokus for the second time in his Godhood.

Buffet on the Blasted Isle think about that for a second ;)

Dracula and his army marched forth towards the nearest Bastion intent on freeing the Humans and discovering how good Tiefling Blood was. Upon their shoulders Skeletons and Zombies rode as they couldn't run as fast as the Vampires. Scouts ran ahead and to each side of the main body to warn against enemy forces.

Spoiler
    Show
    -1 Pantheon AP to make War a Pantheon-controlled Hero. Anyone in the Pantheon, Lords of the Horsemen may control him.
    1 Pantheon AP left.
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tagwe

Since the Mteule have been, Riven has been at their head. He led them through the Wandering, he discovered the first scrolls, he defended the people, and established Tagwe. He taught and fought and always, always led when there as a need. He had grown old with his wife, had many children, and still he lived, studying every day, keeping fit and firm. The years had not been particularly kind to his flesh, but he still lived, the oldest of all the Mteule, likely one of the oldest humans in the world. He rose as he always did, before the darkness had truly begun to fall, savoring the smell of the sand from the clifftops, making his way down to the desert to run with little else but a spear. His claw and carapace, that he earned in combat so long ago still hung in his quarters. The run reminded his body and his mind of what the world was, and what was left to be achieved. The people had come so far, and there was still further to go. The animals knew not to bother him. With sand between his feet, and darkness coming like a shroud, he returned again to the caves of his people, bustling with the activity of the rising. Celica greeted him with a kiss, already dressed in her flowing robes, weapons and bag attached. Back to the sands they would go today, they had heard rumors of troubles with an exceptionally large dragon in the east. Caching their things at a tunnel exit, they made their way about Tagwe, saying good-byes and offering brief kisses to cheeks of family and old friends. A few last words with Speaker Vargus, who had only just returned, bearing news of some problems of dissent. Then, they stepped out into the outer shade of the cliffs, as darkness was ready to claim the land. The desert was eerily quiet. Along the edges of the cliffs above, as the two of them stepped out onto the sands, people watched.
    What came next is something that is debated. All accounts agree, a single ray of light traced forth, illuminating the two, together, as they made their way across the dunes. Some say that it showed the outline of a giant Cryslak along the ridge. Other say no, it was the shadow of a giant roc, passing over the skies. Either way, animals rarely came close to the city of Tagwe. The two of them stepped from the beam of light into the darkness of the desert... and vanished. There was no skin nor hair nor print to mark the passing of Riven and Celica, the former leaders of the Mteule people. Their part in walking Sraa Kbyr was done. Their legacy would live on forever; dozens of stories and more children than that to ensure it.

And it came to be that some among the Mteuele forgot the struggles, and paid not heed to the stories of the elders and of the Bearers, regarding them as naught but unfortunate myths. With the young turned in such a way, they moved from self-knowledge to dependency. Knowledge is strength, but dependency is weakness -- and weakness is death.

Citadel

He smiled apologetically. I'm afraid we don't get out much." He watched the town curiously as it rolled by; much more alive than the human bastions, which seemed drab and slow in comparison. So much movement, so much danger. The casual demonstrations of various items that he could see -- exploding fruit, some sort of small gadget that moved on its own, and a cloud of smoke from one shop. Chaos, pure chaos they lived in, it seemed. This was not where he would find the peace he was after, he decided.
    "There are many strange things in the world. Humans in slavery, carts that move with no visible propulsion..." His smile was a gentle one, and he gave a wink as well. "But I don't think that's what you meant. There are other things, yes... One cannot merely see it all, of course. Sight is a single sense, and one that is fairly poor in us humans, not to be depended on. Strange things... The dead that remember their past lives, for instance. Strange things walking in dreams to terrify. Sounds of things even more terrifying on the move. The world falls into the depths of cold, and sees no warm way out. The world is a strange place, the gods quarrel, and it reverberates throughout creation..." Shaking his head to clear it, he watches idly as he watched the ranks go. They could fight, at least, it appeared. Perhaps they might not fall in the wind that would blow...

Vendigroth

The reaction to finding not only dead guards, but an obliterated golem, and a missing magician was... interesting. A flurry of wild theories flew, but the marks on the guards' bodies were clearly from weapons. Within fifteen periods of night, there were two new businesses in town, closely related: using magic to imbue weapons, particularly metal ones, as useful and dangerous blades. The other business was more of problem; Vendigroth had handled plenty of magic experimentation before, but until then, their military consisted mostly of men holding weapons who had some small degree of practice. That would have to be rectified, and quickly, especially if there were others living on their newly acquired continent. And, as head of the Council, Omari explained, he would be in charge, and appoint someone fitting to be the instructor and general. The man he chose was a cruel but effective man, called Sareem, and under his charge, there was a sudden rise of "volunteers" to serve with a weapon in their hands. In each of the other cities, he established a smaller training area, and Vendigroth began to change its power structure.

Kolmansk

Things did not quite work out like she hoped. House Midna's buildings were in the southwest part of the city, respectable dwellings of a size that was only slightly ostentatious. Mother Larissa was in the grand hall of the House when the first of the troops arrived. The door cracked as they slammed it open. Larissa stood from her chair, ornamented with red rubies and green emeralds, shrieking, as they swept outwards, making their way deeper inside, surrounding Larissa. Their silence only infuriated her more, what right did they, common whelps have against such as she, a Matron of one of the Houses?!
    Their answer was the grim passage of Talmanes to the front of the room, emerging from the encirclement to face her. Not a word spoken between either, merely a look, and the Matron collapsed. All for naught, sacrifices and hard work, to be cut down so cruelly.
    Deeper within the House, Pelscies quickly dressed, taking only what fit in the small sandpouch she had with her. Then, only moments ahead of the approaching troops, she dove blindly into the sands, partially collapsing the lock behind her, daring no light as she swam out into the unknown, into the nameless.

The captured geomancer was interrogated at great length; Heut knew both pain and death, and skillfully extracted the workings of magic as much as the unfortunate man knew. After the geomancer's removal -- and some time to add the new knowledge to his stores -- Heut came forward with his ideas on the premises behind magic, and, more importantly, how the Asherati could use them. It was opened as a new part of the School of Education, with the focus being on the magic of the sands and wind.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 7 - 0 (Raise Hero: Loreena, free from Mythic) - 0 (Lead Populace: Magicsmithing) - 1 (Lead Populace: Trained Military) - 2 (Create Organization: Warsmiths) - 1 (Create Class: Mage) = 4
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2011-01-31 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Fixing a hero whoops

10. - Top - End - #220

Kali's Going To Pay A Visit
    The sound of a book snapping shut was followed by the first appearance of Kali, Keeper of Knowledge and Praetor of Planning, in the courts of the divine in several hundred years. While this should have been a lot more dramatic than it actually was, Kali had not exactly been dozing off in all those centuries: Quantum particles were a bitch to nail down, especially since they resided on a level of reality that was in constant flux.

"Hespa." Kali said plainly, the deity in the form that he usually preferred to take. It was that of a Gnome rather advanced in years, with a gaping, liver-dotted balding head, graying hair, and a rather massive forehead (Because even bookworms wish they could be vain). His right hand was clutching a parallel of the Tome of Kali.

"Welcome to the world- may we talk?" He asked, folding one leg over the other as he drifted through astral space, "It's nothing major- don't worry. I've been the new god on the block myself, as it stands."

Secrets and Myths
    Turkin considered this, cupping his chin in his hand as he did so. That was a good question, and begged an answer.

"Well, if I was to hazard a guess- and I very well could be wrong here, like theories usually are- I'd hazard to say that, well, maybe it can't be done yet? I mean, it could very well be that yourselves and the Faeri have their own limitations as well in regards to magic. No offense intended here, because Gnomes have our own limitations. Last I checked, we can't exactly snap our fingers and go, 'Poof! Oh look, all the food and beauty we could ever hope for, yum-yum'."

He snapped his fingers to prove the point, "See? I'm still just same old Turkin. I may not be some master archmage, at least not on par with the Faeri and the Oni, but I can still see some limitations. Maybe."

He shrugged again, "I'm honestly not too sure in the end- I really wish I could show you the Citadel, to show you just how much goes into making a working scientific law. But maybe you know that, because you have magic too?"

Buffet on the Blasted Isle: Gnome Blocked?
    Up in the air, the Gnomish warship Kali's Spyglass was not exactly proud of seeing the number of troops moving along the new landmass. Nobody was too happy with the troop movements, in fact. It was for this reason that, after a few brief flag-waving signals, one of the escort ships broke off from the group of gliders, the aircraft going on a direct path back for the Citadel.

Commander Lumder, the man in charge of the now two ship fleet, had decided the diplomatic approach best. Especially since neither he, nor anyone under his command had seen an army of this size in quite some time.

"Attention approaching forces!" He shouted through the ship's onboard amplification horn, his voice coming across the field loud and clear (if slightly tinny). "Approaching forces" was a lot more diplomatic than "Ravening horde of abominations".

"You are in direct proximity of Gnomish mining encampments! Please desist all aggressive troop movements and state your intent!"

Human in the Citadel
    The driving Gnome seemed a bit anxious as he worked at the levers once again, the wheels rotating away from the parade of soldiers and the heavy machines clanking through the avenue. Turning onto what looked to be a minor highway spanning through the Citadel, the wagon began trundling up the incline at a steady- albeit slow- pace.

"Humans in slavery, you say?" He asked, a bit concerned. "We tried slavery once, never really liked it that much. Is it commonplace beyond the city walls?"

The highway, as it was, was not exactly crowded. It looked as though it had been built for three lanes of traffic in either direction- and there was barely enough in the way of transport carts to pack one lane. Anyone in a hurry could have easily made their way around the metal-bearing transports heading down the highway one way, and a number of people did just that. The opposite lane was even less populated, with only a handful of wagons coming back- their cargo trailers entirely empty of metal.

Which could have been fairly ominous, if one considered the implication that there were several hundred pounds of iron ingots in the back of the tractor's cargo space. Them being in neat and orderly rows just amplified the point of how much metal the Citadel really used.

"As for propulsion, though, I can tell you all about that one my friend!" He said emphatically, "This is a steam tractor, the workhorse of the Citadel! Vertical Six smokestacks, plenty of warmth for those long and cold nights."

Up ahead, the highway seemed to slope abruptly underground in very wide spiral, the wagon chugging away at the same steady pace with only a vague increase in speed. The underground spiral, seemingly built into the very landscape, seemed to reverberate as the wagon approached it.

"But as for the dead- I take it you speak of the Vampires?" The Gnome said in a rather glum fashion, "I will admit, they have made life...difficult. We are constantly working to try and keep ourselves safe from ever having to deal with them again."

He gave a faint sigh, shaking his head. He began to fumble through his turban, "I'd have to agree with the world getting colder- and it's more than just the ice. I think we both know just how bad the world can be to the unprepared. The gods, though? I can't speak for them. What I can speak for, though? The world isn't entirely cold."

He produced a rather hefty locket from his turban, opening it. There was a small painting in it, obviously part of a larger mural, showing a burnt-skinned Gnomish woman.

"There's still family in the world. Friends. Loved ones. The warmth in the world isn't entirely gone. Just...simmering, I guess?"
    Last edited by Gunther; 2011-01-24 at 07:07 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221

Unelma: The Dreaming - The Dreams of Gods and Mortals

As previously noted, Unelma had noticed, with the small part of her mind that watched over the dreaming, of the presence of Foolamancers on the edge of the dreaming. However as time passed she noticed that there were also those called Mathamancers and Thinkamancers, the three groups somehow sharing some sort of communal dream. Thus far, although they had walked the paths of dreams, none had yet ventured into the Dreaming itself, into the very realm of dreams.

This all changed when two mortals broached the Dreaming and travelled the long roads and winding paths to the heart of the Dreaming. The path was long and if not for the timeless nature of the realm, much time would have passed, time in which they had to face the Albae again and again before arriving at the entirely indestuctable Gates of bone and ivory. Intrigued by the fact that the mortals appeared to be coming to the Citadel itself, Unelma allowed the gates to swing open and granted them entrance. As she did, she sent a message to her brother, inviting him to join her at his convenience should he wish to involve himself with these mortals.

A while later, once the mortals had traversed the path to the Citadel, and entered, Unelma warped the dreamscape slightly such that they stepped directly through from the front door of the citadel to the Hall of the endless. Not a throne room or suchlike, but it would do for meeting these mortals.

As the mortals in question entered, they would see an enormous emphemerous being far in the distance of seemingly endless hallway. The being, glimpsed only for an instant, suddenly seemed to contract impossibly into the form of a lady wearing an alabastor white dress, standing a few meters before them. The lady speaks, "Your names I know, Troy and Qualrin, for you both have walked on the outskirts of the Dreaming, but tell me ... who is this Eddy you speak of?"

As the lady in white speaks, there is a sense of another presence, a darker presence, watching .... it is ... uncomfortable to be around.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Secrets and Myths
    Turkin considered this, cupping his chin in his hand as he did so. That was a good question, and begged an answer.

"Well, if I was to hazard a guess- and I very well could be wrong here, like theories usually are- I'd hazard to say that, well, maybe it can't be done yet? I mean, it could very well be that yourselves and the Faeri have their own limitations as well in regards to magic. No offense intended here, because Gnomes have our own limitations. Last I checked, we can't exactly snap our fingers and go, 'Poof! Oh look, all the food and beauty we could ever hope for, yum-yum'."

He snapped his fingers to prove the point, "See? I'm still just same old Turkin. I may not be some master archmage, at least not on par with the Faeri and the Oni, but I can still see some limitations. Maybe."

He shrugged again, "I'm honestly not too sure in the end- I really wish I could show you the Citadel, to show you just how much goes into making a working scientific law. But maybe you know that, because you have magic too?"
    "Indeed, we ourselves have limits, as do the Faeri. The problem is that theirs are greater than ours. You may as well try to dry up a river by drinking it dry. We are not sure why, but we do know that you are the one favored of the Faeri. As to the Citadel... we will take you up on that offer some day. However, for now, our prophets sense that it is time you returned to your own lands. Some of your people need to learn the principles of magic, for this knowledge will be a boon to your people."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
    Unelma: The Dreaming - The Dreams of Gods and Mortals

As previously noted, Unelma had noticed, with the small part of her mind that watched over the dreaming, of the presence of Foolamancers on the edge of the dreaming. However as time passed she noticed that there were also those called Mathamancers and Thinkamancers, the three groups somehow sharing some sort of communal dream. Thus far, although they had walked the paths of dreams, none had yet ventured into the Dreaming itself, into the very realm of dreams.

This all changed when two mortals broached the Dreaming and travelled the long roads and winding paths to the heart of the Dreaming. The path was long and if not for the timeless nature of the realm, much time would have passed, time in which they had to face the Albae again and again before arriving at the entirely indestuctable Gates of bone and ivory. Intrigued by the fact that the mortals appeared to be coming to the Citadel itself, Unelma allowed the gates to swing open and granted them entrance. As she did, she sent a message to her brother, inviting him to join her at his convenience should he wish to involve himself with these mortals.

A while later, once the mortals had traversed the path to the Citadel, and entered, Unelma warped the dreamscape slightly such that they stepped directly through from the front door of the citadel to the Hall of the endless. Not a throne room or suchlike, but it would do for meeting these mortals.

As the mortals in question entered, they would see an enormous emphemerous being far in the distance of seemingly endless hallway. The being, glimpsed only for an instant, suddenly seemed to contract impossibly into the form of a lady wearing an alabastor white dress, standing a few meters before them. The lady speaks, "Your names I know, Troy and Qualrin, for you both have walked on the outskirts of the Dreaming, but tell me ... who is this Eddy you speak of?"

As the lady in white speaks, there is a sense of another presence, a darker presence, watching .... it is ... uncomfortable to be around.
    The Dreaming - The Dreams of Gods and Mortals

"Well, Eddy is what Daddy called the god he dreamed about one day when he decided to take a nap and see what dreams were like. That god proved to be independent of his dream, and not at all connected to 'salsa', whatever that is. We know that such a name is not the god's true name, but Daddy never called it anything else, and it never contacted us directly. We who walk dreams came along in the twilight of that god's time, as he was beginning to fade off, or as the crazier foolamancers love to think, wake up. Now there are two of you, and we wish to know what those who have inherited the mantle of the Dreaming plan to do, and if our small enclave shall be allowed a part of that dream."

Spoiler
    Show
    small is an understatement. There are tens of thousands of mages lucidly dreaming a mass dream, which is a lvl 5 class feature of the erfworld classes, except thinkamancer, which gets it at lvl 2.

13. - Top - End - #223

Secrets and Myths
    Turkin nodded at the mention of returning home, "It's true- I have been gone for a while, and I'm sure a lot has happened. There's probably been all sorts of wonders that went on- I wouldn't be surprised if we actually did figure out why birds can fly and all that other stuff!" He proclaimed, feeling a bit of that old spark return to him. A ride back home would be a good thing.

But that ember fizzled slightly when a thought occurred to him, "Uh, one small problem: Would you mind having the Chept or the Faeri give us a bit of help in getting back home? I'm sure the ship has got a bit moldy, and it'd be kind of nice to...you know what? Consider it a gift. It's not much, but I'm sure there's a lot of stuff in there you can still salvage. If you wouldn't mind giving us a ride home, though, in lieu of the ship?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Secrets and Myths

"I could, but why do I need to? Are you not a mage? If the magical working itself is too much for you, collaborate with your mentor." With that, Turkin's visit with the oni is over. He is kindly escorted back to his body, where he is reunited with it.

"Was your trip insightful?" Iounchept asked.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm picturing gnomes on giant flying hang gliders here.

15. - Top - End - #225

Secrets and Myths

And just like that, Turkin was back. Shaking his head slightly, and seeing Fulmip standing there with an expression that could best be described as "Patiently waiting, but with an extra side of protective". The muscular Gnome had promised that nobody would touch his body while he had mentally "Gone Fishin'".

"Uhh, yeah, actually. It was awesome!" The Gnome replied, giddy as could be now that he was back in the "real" world. Come to think of it, that other world was pretty real also.

"I, uhh, I guess I'm supposed to head back to the Citadel. There's been a lot of things going on, apparently, and I'm needed there. Or at least, I've been told so- and I'd kind of have to agree, what with how huge a discovery this magic thing is. So...thanks again, Iounchept." Turkin gave a polite bow to the Chept mage, with Fulmip mimicking it silently.

"It's been awesome- and, and I'm sure we'll meet again sometime! Soon, too, I hope." He added, giving a somewhat shy smile, "I really do think that there's a lot we could stand to gain from the Chept, and vice-versa. So, uhh, don't be afraid to give me a message once in a while! Or visit, even! Last I was there, the Citadel was a really fun place to be! Always something to do, to be part of! And, uhh, as a last point- that crashed ship we came in on? It's yours. It's all of the Chepts'. I'm not sure how much use all of you would get from it, but I know there's a lot of technology to be salvaged from both it and the books we brought along!"

And, after making whatever niceties were left, the first Gnomish Archmage- alongside the remaining Gnomes of the Chept Expedition- would leave. Huddled together, dressed in their mismatched version of ancient Gnome and Chept clothes, last goodbyes were had.

Heading out to the river, Turkin stood up until his ankles were in the water, alongside the others. Waving one final goodbye to Sozengrad as a whole, he raised his hands. Mist formed about his hands as he imagined the mighty river that fed the Citadel.

"TELE-"

And just like that, the rivers of the water rose up to consume them, their bodies becoming one with the water...gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's about par for a description. Being an older ship, it's more like a dingy with large glider sails attached. Also, hope you don't mind the wrapup: Can edit, but it seems like everything that could be done was done. For now.
    Last edited by Gunther; 2011-01-24 at 08:49 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post

Rayne, Imperial Quarters, Teppelin

The little princess glared at the lab-coat clad man, putting off far more menace than a ten-year-old ought to be capable of. "Listen very carefully. There is no bioengineering corps, special or otherwise. You are an idiot. And perhaps most pressingly, you're lying through your teeth - seriously, you aren't even good at it! I really don't appreciate people lying to me. So, bearing in mind that nobody is authorized to be in my family's quarters, and their either of my moms could rip you to shreds with a single thought, and would do so in a second if they realized you were talking to me, I'd really like to hear you explain what you're trying to pull here."

"Remember. No lying."
    Lloyd grins, still seemingly unconcerned.
    "And that, my friend, is why we went for Princess Rayne. She's not an idiot."

Turning to the little princess, the scientist continues where he left off.
    "There is a Bioengineering Corps, even if it isn't under the command of the military. Please refrain from assuming that, because you've never heard of it, it doesn't exist. There are stranger things than treason in this world."

"Lloyd!"

"Yes, yes, shut up. If we don't convince her we'll be kicked out of the Citadel at least. I do not want to have to go try and get funding from the Forsaken."

Lloyd turns back to Princess Rayne once again, shaking his head.

"As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, treason. We're both traitors in letter, if not in spirit. We've built an unauthorized military organization to pry into things that are expressly forbidden, all through unlawful diversion of resources- though not hardly enough of them, by the thickness of my wallet lately. That's why we don't have a problem with sneaking into your quarters.

As for what the program actually does, this is a folder with all our current research in it. We're developing bioengineered soldiers and Knightmares, along with working on advances in medical technology such as regeneration.

Now, what we actually want out of you; we want two things. A pardon, and backing from you. We can't operate within the military, but we need funding. That means one of two things; do it as a private company, or get a Royal decree. Our research is too sensitive to reveal to the public. That means a Royal decree, and I don't think Teikoku or Nia is going to listen to us. That leaves you. So, will you let us detail things? Or am I going to have to run for my life?"
    Last edited by Lagren; 2011-01-24 at 01:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOfUndeath View Post
    Immortas

Hearing Josiah's words and his plans would have caused Immortas to smile if he could. Instead he simply disappeared from his throne and appeared next to Bacsphaal.
    <Josiah requests our presence in Pyrokus Bacshpaal. He intends to join our war.>
    Bacsphaal, the Drought

Bacsphaal looks up from his desk with a "Hm?" when Immortas appears, then simply nods and vanishes when the God of Undeath has delivered his message.

Pyrokus

It was Bacsphaal's first time in seeing Pyrokus. and suffice it to say he was rather impressed. Making his way across the metal floors, Bacsphaal seeks out Josiah and his offering, eventually finding him and his machine. "I recieved the summons. What did you have to offer?"

Since they were technically allies in this war, Bacsphaal decided to go check out what he was fighting alongside over in... Wait a minute, they were seriously calling it 'Conquestia'?

"Nice army you've got up here."
    the Lord of want says, suddenly standing with arms folded next to Evanzar as if he'd been there the entire time. He might've been, you can never tell with gods.

The Black Rider, The Drought

Preparations were ready. All it would take was a single signal and the entirety of the horde in the Drought out pour out onto the world.

The Black Rider watched the Blasted Isle intently. When battle was joined, the Grotesques and himself would tear a barrier in reality and march through it... Straight into the soft underbelly of the Tiefling armies, although from the looks of it the soft underbelly was nothing more than "the direction they aren't looking" but it would have to do.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Brood isn't joining in just yet. They have Deep Strike and they're going to use it.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Josiah, Pyrokus
    The Transcendant Warrior Matrix. A viral vector of all the knowledge of war, destruction, and plague that Belos and I could muster. With each new infected its store of information and tactics grows. Unfortunately it's prior participants have fallen by the wayside. But with a fresh infusion of hosts? It could be grand again. And it's powers would be yours to unleash upon the mortal world.
    A dim gleam passes across Josiah's eyes.
    As an impartial God of death it would be unseemly for me to take sides in a war. But far be it from me to deny you each your rights as Lords of Horseman. And if that includes unleashing this devices wrath upon the earth? Well there was little I could do to prevent it's rightful use.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Dreams of Gods and Mortals

As the two ambassadors address the white lady, there is a change in the atmosphere.
    It seems to get even darker and the temperature is dropping to a point where the breath of the mortals forms little clouds in front of their faces. All sounds suddenly produce multiple echos and it is getting harder to move, as if they were under water.

Then a dark mist appears behind the lady.
    The Eag'Chept sees a creature emerging, that seems to be a large humanoid with a star-shaped head, looking with an horrible interest at his head.
    The Forsaken on the other hand is seeing something completely different, but not less scary.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will edit something in if apocalypse pm's me something

As they are shivering face to face with their worst nightmares, the creature/s start to speak with a enormous number of voices, originating from all around them at once.

“As you are guests in the home of Unelma, you are save for now. But be wary, because the dreams have changed and will change further. And you mortals will have to adapt. As it is, you are no trouble, you are more kind of an entertainment. If this don't change you will not be encumbered in your ways, perhaps you will even grow in personal power.“

After making his statement Saguro turns to his sister, saying to her without the mortals possibly realizing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, that's just for Unelma, no just kidding, go ahead...
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Excuse me sister if I interrupted you, but those mortals had to be shown to their place. I will now let you handle them. But just to make sure I'll stay if you don't mind.
    Later I think it would be advantageous to meet this 'Daddy' , they referred to. I picked a picture of him out of their dreams, and perhaps he could tell us something of our heritage.“

Than the creature/s disappear once more into the shadows, which doesn't help to let them appear any less frightening.

The Old World – Farm Settlement - Amanitop

Amanitop awakened from the strangest dream, in his head ideas of new seeds of mushrooms and potions to brew from them. But how should those dreams come real... he stopped short ...unconsciously he had played with a jar in his hands, where did this came from? Like a wave the memory of the dreams catched up with him, tentative he opened the jar. In it was a collection of different multicoloured spores.
    He sighed, this was a new task he had been given, and once again it was his alone.
    Well, he couldn't help it. „To work old boy.“, he muttered to himself.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 3: 3-0 (Lead populace: Give Hallucinogenics to Myconids/Dwarves – Free from Jar of Dreams)

AP: 3/15
    GP: 1/15

20. - Top - End - #230

Princess Rayne, Imperial Quarters, Teppelin

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist here - there is no special bioengineering corps. But I'm going to let that slide because it's not a lie so much as a civilian being clueless as to the minimum personnel requirements for classification as a corps. You are, at most, a team." She nodded solemnly, then continued. "And I find it hilarious that you're asking me for a pardon I can't give. Nor would I give it. Lucky for you there's a war going on, or you'd be dead now. As it stands, you sound useful, so I'm going to give you a bit of advice."

"Tower 17, floor 57. Old town. Go there and look for Westin. He's a nut, but he's a rich nut - made his fortune in meditech. Obsesses over the next big advance near-constantly. Owns one of the biggest companies in Teppelin. Sounds like your kind of guy. Oh, and you've got about thirty seconds before the silent alarm goes off. I advise you be discreet."

Idra, Command Center, Teppelin

"So. They come. A coalition of petty powers considering themselves to be 'super' has decided to try and pick over our land like the vultures they are. They must not be allowed to endanger the security of the Bastions. End this pathetic incursion before it can begin. Let them crawl. We will crush them from above."

William's rebel forces would spot a curious deployment pattern over the next few hours. The battleships Nevermore and Imperious, along with the carrier Onyx, diverted from their long-held response positions, gliding away across the Isle. Nearly twenty cruisers accompanied them, along with a veritable fleet of gunships. It was a massive concentration of force - Teppelin rarely placed more than one capital ship in a battle-group, and this break from protocol was enough to make anyone nervous.

But the massed fleet did not seem to be making for the human forces - in fact, it seemed to be largely ignoring them. What is more, it left Areas 11, 12, and 09 the weakest they had been in years. Idra was gambling - it was a risky play, to be sure. Loosening his grip on the south and east to reinforce the northwest against the foreigners. Deploying ground forces was deemed meaningless - there was no need to weaken the Bastions more than they already had been. If the invaders were so foolish as to believe that ruling the dirt meant anything, then let them do so.

Hakan, Rebel Headquarters, Area 11

"This is our chance, bozos! Can none of you see that when its staring you right in the face!"
    The man glared around the room menacingly, then grinned and thrust his fist towards the ceiling of the large cavern. "This isn't like you lot! We're all here - we're better prepared than we've ever been! The tyrants are weak! All we need to do is give a little push, and they'll topple right over!"

But the room was silent. There was no cheering, and the boisterous man's enthusiasm was not shared. This was an important decision - there were nearly a thousand members of the resistance in Area 11, scattered across little dug-out hideouts throughout the city. Some groups were only able to send one or two members to this meeting - but all sent at least one to see the machine that had been promised to be their trump card. The Ganman didn't look like much, admittedly, particularly after being dragged through a too-small tunnel to make it here. Hakan was about to give another frustrated outburst when he felt a nudge. Looking down, he noticed Soren, mumbling something unintelligible.

The kid wasn't his brother - lots of people had told him that. Hakan disagreed - the meek young boy might not be a sibling in blood, but they were brothers in spirit, and that was what mattered. "Speak up, little bro!" The encouraging words were accompanied by a slap to the back that nearly floored the diminutive kid. Soren was twelve, and small even for his young age - Kaylee had privately wondered if almost an entire life spent underground had stunted the boy's growth.

"Um. It's just... what if it's a trap? When has anything ever been easy? People are scared... I'm scared, bro! What if you all lose? What if the ganman doesn't work?" He hung his head, staring at the stone floor.

"Scared? Scared?!"
    Hakan scowled, then flicked his wrist to flip aside the too-large overcoat Soren constantly wore. With an equally swift motion, he grabbed the boy's most prized possession - a small, crysteel hand-cranked drill. Holding it aloft, he shouted towards the congregation. "This is a drill! With this drill, my little bro has craved out tunnels, chambers, passages, and all manner of other stuff! Sure, it's scary - the roof could fall in if you do it wrong, or you could accidentally bore into a tiefling basement! But he doesn't care, 'cause he's a driller - and that's what he does! Now we, we're fighters! Fighting may be scary - you'd have to be an idiot to not be scared!"

"But we're also humans, and so we gotta put that aside! We gotta take our fear, and spin it together with our hopes and dreams! We gotta stand up and make that into a drill of our own - a drill that's gonna drill up and up until we break out of these caves into the city above! We're gonna drill through the tieflings! We're gonna drill through their ships, and armies, and walls - and one day, we're going to drill right through heaven itself and give Teikoku herself a piece of our mind!"

"This drill is Soren's drill! It keeps moving onwards, every revolution just pushing it further forward! Are you listening, little bro?"
    Soren nodded slightly, an expression of awe on his face... then staggered as Hakan seized his hand, wrapping it around the drill and hoisting it into the air. "Me and him? We're going to drill onward and upwards! Who the hell do the tieflings think they're dealing with?!"

And this time, as he raised his fist into the air in his characteristic pose... hundreds more raised with with him. At least one chuckling and shaking her head while doing so. "And just when I was starting to wonder why we follow that moron..."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Actions!~

AP 3 - 2 (Create Organization - Prestige Classes Legendary Leader and Spark) - 1 (Raise Hero - Hakan the Great)

Final AP: 0
    GP: 16/24

Legendary Leaders are those who go beyond simply commanding a force, and truly lead it. They can turn back fear and despair, and the greatest among them render the troops under their command utterly immune to failing morale.

Sparks are those who - consciously or unconsciously - tap into the Spiral to incite fervor and emotion in their kin, whipping natural potential into a frenzy. They are mechanically almost identical to the Evangelist class in Complete Divine.

Homebrew:

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Sozuchi and Shanfyr

"Indeed so. All it takes is practice and the proper applications of power. You will learn to harness your power more efficiently, allowing you to do more with less. Your power itself will also grow with time, provided you use it. As gods, our potential is literally infinite. All you are constrained by is your creativity."

Spoiler
    Show
    I get a +6 to scaping, 2 from scaping artifacts and four from the Grand I'm a part of. a good tip for starting out is to build artifacts you think you're gonna want to use their keyed effects for. It greatly enhances action economy over time.

Lost and Found

"Boring is the worst state of existence: All life is an endeavor to be entertained. That is the first Principle of Daddy. You have our sympathies. Anyways, night is setting soon, and you do not want to be out in the open at night. As mighty as you seem to be, you are injured and the predators at night are quite cunning. Please, come stay with us at our village. You would be an honored guest."

Spoiler
    Show
    Makes sense. I'll do that.

"The power to create life...an entire universe...oh, this is going to be fun!"
    Uh oh, here come space dwarves!

GP 0=12-12 to level up.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Red View Post

As the two ambassadors address the white lady, there is a change in the atmosphere.
    It seems to get even darker and the temperature is dropping to a point where the breath of the mortals forms little clouds in front of their faces. All sounds suddenly produce multiple echos and it is getting harder to move, as if they were under water.

Then a dark mist appears behind the lady.
    The Eag'Chept sees a creature emerging, that seems to be a large humanoid with a star-shaped head, looking with an horrible interest at his head.
    The Forsaken on the other hand is seeing something completely different, but not less scary.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will edit something in if apocalypse pm's me something

As they are shivering face to face with their worst nightmares, the creature/s start to speak with a enormous number of voices, originating from all around them at once.

“As you are guests in the home of Unelma, you are save for now. But be wary, because the dreams have changed and will change further. And you mortals will have to adapt. As it is, you are no trouble, you are more kind of an entertainment. If this don't change you will not be encumbered in your ways, perhaps you will even grow in personal power.“

After making his statement Saguro turns to his sister, saying to her without the mortals possibly realizing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, that's just for Unelma, no just kidding, go ahead...
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Excuse me sister if I interrupted you, but those mortals had to be shown to their place. I will now let you handle them. But just to make sure I'll stay if you don't mind.
    Later I think it would be advantageous to meet this 'Daddy' , they referred to. I picked a picture of him out of their dreams, and perhaps he could tell us something of our heritage.“

Than the creature/s disappear once more into the shadows, which doesn't help to let them appear any less frightening.

Troy was more than a little shocked by the visage before him that spoke. The Star'Chept had always terrified him. They just weren't natural. And who gets hacked apart to grow stronger? And they survive in the dark recesses of the Riverways? There are parts of there that even the Faeri are wary approaching. The only one safe there is Sozuchi.

Shaking aside his unease because his message was too important not to, Troy said, "We understand that with power comes a new order, and we ask only for the chance to adapt to this new dreaming."

Quote Originally Posted by Selenia
    William's rebel forces would spot a curious deployment pattern over the next few hours. The battleships Nevermore and Imperious, along with the carrier Onyx, diverted from their long-held response positions, gliding away across the Isle. Nearly twenty cruisers accompanied them, along with a veritable fleet of gunships. It was a massive concentration of force - Teppelin rarely placed more than one capital ship in a battle-group, and this break from protocol was enough to make anyone nervous.

But the massed fleet did not seem to be making for the human forces - in fact, it seemed to be largely ignoring them. What is more, it left Areas 11, 12, and 09 the weakest they had been in years. Idra was gambling - it was a risky play, to be sure. Loosening his grip on the south and east to reinforce the northwest against the foreigners. Deploying ground forces was deemed meaningless - there was no need to weaken the Bastions more than they already had been. If the invaders were so foolish as to believe that ruling the dirt meant anything, then let them do so.
    The Chance So Sought

It did not take too long for the forces of freedom to figure out why Teppelin had move the capital ships. William wasn't too sure about this new army marching into his home, but the enemy of his enemy was... convenient for now. This had given him an opportunity he hadn't had in ten years.

That night, he visited the dreams of the cell leaders in those three cities, and asked them who was ready for a massive strike. The Freedom Corps was positioned to be able to give aid in ways that they hadn't been able to in ten years.

Shota - Old World then Water World

Shota had learned much in her time with the dwarves, and had come away with a new respect for their culture. However, they did not truly need her help. They had their own Valkyrie to aid them. She stopped over by the kenders once more, and spent an obligatory dinner and night with her "husband." Jormungand did not like this, but Shota put up with it. The kender would always have a special place in her heart.

However, wars were brewing, and her people needed her at home for the moment.

She flew in to Sozengrad just as Turkin teleported out. Bitvachept greeted her, and together they began to mobilize for war. Few even among the Chept knew their target theatre or why they were mobilizing, but everyone knew that very soon the Chept would voluntarily break off their isolation with the rest of the world. The mage-armies were readying for war.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Makes sense. I'll do that.

"The power to create life...an entire universe...oh, this is going to be fun!"
    Uh oh, here come space dwarves!

GP 0=12-12 to level up.
    Sozuchi and Shanfyr

The elder god chuckles. "Indeed so, my child, indeed so. There is an infinite variety of variations and an infinite number of things to vary. May you do well in all you strive for."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Void

Mernos had been studying the past for an eternity and an instant. He did not quite see everything he should, but he saw enough for now. He needed to expand his capacities and capabilities further and then we would look at upon the past again with greater understanding, but first he had some repairs to make.

The clockwork god raised his right arm and opened his hand, a hammer sprang from inside his wrist into it. His left side mirrored his right but into that hand came a pair of pliers. The Timestream was still leaking and that would not do, it would be fixed!

Now about this time you may be wondering just how one can fix Time with a hammer, to that I say symbolism. Much how in a Pantheon far removed Fate and Destiny were measured and cut like strings by three sisters, Mernos was able to make retroactive repairs in Time with a hammer. Well except they weren't really retroactive, there was never a chance the Mernos would not have fixed the problems at that moment, being a God of Time is surprisingly restricting.

In any event Mernos quickly did what he had to and the leaks and rifts were repaired, though he would have to fix new problems as some effects were ongoing and new problems would arise. Still, now Mernos was done with the Past. His eyering began to turn, and he briefly noticed that something had changed about the Golem he had left behind in his stead, but Mernos did not care for now he was to turn his attention to the future.

The eyering turned to its final ocular device, here were a pair of lenses, but the were far from simple. They were faceted, like a fly's, and the number of sides would seem nigh infinite if anyone got a close look at them. Through each facet Mernos saw a possible future, but he knew instinctively that there were more. Wherever he turned his head new futures appeared and still there were more, Mernos had already known what he would have to do, so he simply did what was needed. He reached out with his left hand and grasped part of the Void itself and brought it to his face. He opened his mouth and from it poured divine flame and much like Sand the Voidstuff became Glass.

The Glass Workshop

The Clockwork God poured his divine Essence into the Glass he had created and it expanded slightly and then multiplied. Soon glass panels stretched out as far as the eye could see forming a huge structure made of faceted glass. In this place Mernos's vision was full, he could see them, bouncing and smashing, entwining and ripping apart. It was too much, too many possibilities but then he saw one, one that felt...right. That was the future. that was meant to, that MUST happen. Getting to it would not be simple and failure was always present but Mernos could steer it now, he had his goal, his purpose. Now he must see to it.

The Time God's vision turned to the present with a whir, and he looked upon his home. benches and tables stretched for eternity technology of all kinds, much of it he knew fully, but some he did not the words Psionic and Magic came to mind, he would need to explore them, and he was more comfortable with magic, after all it was a part of his creation.

He looked out and saw an amassing of war machines near his body's birthplace, but they were not pure machine, they had those thing he did not fully understand. The the Gnomes were not equipped with magic of their own was problematic, and Mernos has a solution to two issues in one.

The Golem he had sent to fascinate the gnomes that made him had not been destroyed, though now it was little more than a large fancy ornament. Mernos would change that, would equip it with devices capable of firing magic: eyes that would shoot lightning, arm cannons capable of shooting orbs of elemental fury, shoulder mounted machine guns firing bolts of pure force. Mobility would be another concern but Mernos would enchant with flight. Defense was the one area that the thing needed no aid, it was already immune to most magic and psionics and the infusion of divine magic would only bolster this. It would, however, have limited mental capabilities, indeed after its initial defense of Gnomish lands Mernos would have no direct control over it, it could well then attack the Gnomes itself. That was acceptable to Mernos.

He set to building the things he would equip his creation with and sparks flew as he hammered, sawed, bent, and bolted magic into metal. His practice gave him greater insights into the Arcane, but yet there was still more he had to learn, but this project would take him no further, for it was complete. The Fatecrafter gathered those thing he had made in one hand an focused his attention on the thing he had created.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 10/12
    Rollover +4= 12/12
    GP= 2/12

Acts-

Create Plane- Glass Workshop: -3

Create Champion- Warmech: -1

Current AP: 8/12
    GP= 6/12

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vampires & Gargoyles

A trio of Vampires stood on Gargoyle land. They were Sergav Sixth-born, a Psion
    Germid Third-born, a Diplomat
    Fertij Tenth-born, a Skin-mancer

They waited for a Gargoyle to approach knowing it would be the most respectful way of doing business.
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Marcus - The Storehouse - The Book of Growth

Marcus closed the book he had been scrawling in, and set down the quill. Hudson walked in, and just at the right time. "Ah there you are, not a moment to soon", a light laugh erupting from his belly like a volcano. God's just didn't have the ease of subtlety on the level mortals did. "I have this book for you. It documents a number of ideas I have had, and will continue to fill itself, learning as you do. I think you and the rest of your kin will find it immensely helpful.

"Thank you, Marcus, I will make sure that we use it to your liking". Hudson had been given so much guidance, so much knowledge, that he felt like Marcus was doing the leading and that he was merely a face for the god. It didn't matter, though, he had been chosen for a reason, and so he would continue his work.

Hudson - Butron - A Time for Learning

As Hudson stepped back through his portal, he read his book. He only got through a single page on the nature of commodities before he set it down. He had been working too much already today. With the formation of the new Architects guild, and the building of the quartz cathedral. There was so much happening. The Castle had only recently been finished. Marcus told him he was proud of it, that it rivaled anything he could have asked for, which was amazing. He must be doing something right if he could manage to get such amazing feats out of this population.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    The Black Rider, Fileun

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post

The Shadow Family Matters

Although he does not quite know why, the Shadow to grows sad, he says, "I do not know what Bacspaal wants, I only know what I have heard. He is not only a god of Greed but also of other things. Perhaps the biggest hindrance to your negotiations is that Bacspaal was never mortal. I am glad that you go about disputes in such an honorable manner. Do you think that the Gargoyles would mind to play host to my next creation?"
    The Drought

The Lord of Want looked out at his army and the actions of his Rider. This devestating war deal sounded like just the thing to test his new creations. taking the steps to his tower, he sits in his outrageously ostentatious throne room and begins to sort through paperwork. Well, he had to do it sometime.

Spoiler
    Show

If Marcus wants to go a-knocking on Bacsphaal's door, he's more than welcome to now.

Marcus - The Drought - Family Matters

Having finished his book, and gifted it, Marcus went from "The Storehouse", and headed to the Drought, home of Bacsphaal, hoping to gain an audience with the Lord of Want. It was going to be difficult to convince him to stop the corruption in the old world, or even to cease interfering, but he would have to try.

"Bacsphaal? My name is Marcus, and I would like to speak with you" he shouted, waiting for a response.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post

Gargoyles and Gnomes - Just outside the Citadel - Negotiation!
    "Nice to meet you, Wallace." Hedto greeted, putting his pistol away as the crew took their union-mandated break to ogle and inspect- at a distance- the new species. Gnomes went out to meet others- others didn't come to the Gnomes. Usually.

Offering the large Gargoyle a tiny handshake, Hedto continued speaking, "While I'm not an Admiral or anything, I can speak the community opinion of: Hells bells, yes we'd like some friendly neighbors!" He said animatedly, smiling from ear to ear. "I mean, I'm not sure if we can just give you everything we know. Lots of books and theories and such- some of us have spent our entire lives just adding to it and indexing it for use! But I'm certain we can gladly offer you some of our finished machines for those metal reserves- the Blasted Isle has mines scattered around it, but the more, the better! Especially with the Vampires out and about...somewhere."

Looking the Gargoyle leader up and down, the tricorn-wearing Gnome had a curious look, "What kind of metals you have up in those mountains? The geography's always changing, so trying to set up proper mineral samples is tricky at best. Never hurts to know where you're at with nearby metal reserves, though."

Wallace and The Gnomes - Over the Citadel - Trade Secrets

The wing adept paused for a moment. He had noticed the massive usage of iron in this contraption, but hadn't quite realized the gnomes predilection for the metallic. Iron wasn't tasty at all, but he supposed that it would have worth as a building material.

"Well, I know that so far we have found iron and copper veins, and possibly more has been discovered recently. We have a number of excellent prospectors investigating to determine what is available. For our part, we rely primarily on the massive supplies of coal and quartz. My brother, in fact, owns a coal mine which is rather delicious. A shorter, but more stout gargoyle with a large belly next to Wallace smiled at this remark.

"We look forward to your friendship," he said with a bow. "We bid you farewell." With that Wallace turned to a pair of his companions. He had them fly back to Butron, to report what had happened thus far. The rest quickly headed to the opposite end of the ship, near the citadel proper. The ship leaned slightly with their collective masses moving to the edge. Then, in unison, they all stepped off, and began gliding in towards the city.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post

Unet: Butron - Hundreds of Miles South East of the Gnomish Citadel

Noting the gargoyle stirring from it's nightmare, Unet reached out with a light touch, granting the gargoyle the ease of returning to sleep, and with it peaceful dreams. Unfamiliar with mortals however, Unet places a little too much power and inspiration in the dreams, inadvertantly granting the gargoyle Dreams of inspiration.

Unet - Butron - The Sleeping Gargoyle

Harrison was his name. He found himself asleep again, but this time in a very different place. The deep and expansive caverns were like nothing he had ever seen before. He was flying through them, until he came through an opening. An oasis. Water flowed from the wall into a bubbling pond. Fish jumped in and out. A small hole in the ceiling sent a beam down to a tree in the middle. It was beautiful, and he was amazed by this sight which was unlike anything he had ever before experienced.

He awoke a little while later. His younger sister was taunting him, "Hi brother, sleeping the day away I see? Perhaps you should wake up or you might be late for work"

Harrison only grumbled in response. Back to the mines. He hated it down there, but he needed the coal. He had no other choice.

Spoiler
    Show

Rollover +5 -> 5
    Mortal Artifact (The Book of Learning) -3 -> 2
    Lead Population (Quartz Structures) Free with Leader of Men -> 2
    Lead Population (Monumental Structures) Free from Book of Learning -> 2
    Make Organization (Architecture Guild) -2 -> 0
    PC1: Master Architect
    PC2: Fortifications Engineer
    "The wise prince will find means by which his followers will always, and in all instances, have need of him. Then, they will always be loyal to him."
    -Niccolo Machiavelli

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Nothern Blessed Isle & Changeling Village City

Let's do some time shenanigans and advance things a bit from the party made by the crew of the Dalni's Pride.

That growing village became a city carved in the blue ice of the glacier, a chilling bastion second only yo the Narakan capital, and from that staging point, the changelings had taken the surrounding territories. Often aiding the gnomes in the area to mine the metal they so valued.

And now... Other legions stormed the island, those of the forsaken and vampires, Val'Eskuld might have recalled the assault on Aura, but your average changeling still blamed the forsaken for the cataclysm in the Island, and so they were glad to mount their armies of Servitors and siege beasts, brood spawn, sorcerers, adepts, dragoons and even dreadful Hal'Xaazen.

And at the helm of this legion was Hal'Xaazar's valkyrie, shield and spear at ready.

------

Hal'Xaazar...

Made himself present in Teppelin once more. He had not been to the place ever since... Well, the last stated visit, some fifteen years I guess. And not alone this time, but with the old faces at his side, the Instigator, the Sunderer and the Formless.

"Ah, I wonder if I will be remembered."

"Doubt it, you are very forgetable, nothing helps you stand out of the crowd.

"..."

One can wonder where the fourth one went...

To Kali

Tel'Radai appeared by the gnome god, probably. There is no small possibility that it was merely an all-too-true mirror image.

"Hello, hello."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Lost and Found

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Lost and Found

"Indeed, the Chept peoples have full sympathy for all those seeking to escape the tyrrany of the Ear."

Odium would notice that his wing is mostly healed, and has been re-set. However, the pain of his injuries was still present. He was fit to fly once more, but he had not been completely healed.

"I can make straight what was broken, but I am not gifted to speed the body's re-knitting of itself. Tell me, what do you eat, and we'll do our best to provide it. Tonight, you are an honored guest, and tomorrow we will help guide you wherever you wish."
    "Look at my teeth and guess, if you said anything then you would be right. But I generally prefer meat. Also, if you would be referring to Teikoku, then you are mildly mistaken. The Draconic Council does operate in her lands, but they try to distance themselves from her creations. Also, why do you call her Ear?"

29. - Top - End - #239

Teikoku, with Iurious, Teppelin

"And so you believe these... dragons... could provide an increase in security for the Bastions? Hmm... it is an interesting thought, I will grant you that. But we have pressing matters to attend to now - if these wretched foreigners progress too far, they could upset the delicate stalemate in favor of the rebels." She looked around the lab again, taking in some of the stronger dragons. "In fact, this might be an excellent opportunity to demonstrate these creatures' usefulness. Deploy them as you see fit - they lie outside Idra's command in any case. I will be watching with interest. But there is much I need to attend to. As always, I trust you to perform to your usual high standards, Oathkeeper."

And so off she went. Her brother was about once more, and where Hal went, destruction had an unfortunate tendency to follow.

William Penkappa, Dreams, The Blasted Isle

Of the three cities, only Area 12 was lead by someone with skill in dreamwalking - but every rebellion counted at least a few of the odd folk among their ranks. So it was that William received swift responses from all three Bastions.

The dreamwalker organizing the people of 12 was a man William had met before, if only in passing. He was a cautious sort - their Duchess was a ruthless pragmatist, unafraid to hold weapons to civilians to force rebels to back down. He gave wary thanks, but warned the Freedom Corps to keep their distance until something was figured out from the inside. They were ready and willing to fight, but they could not allow their friends and loved ones to be gunned down for their actions. Still, he parted with a nod and a smile - news from outside was always welcome. It showed them that they weren't alone.

The people of Area 09 sent a mere child - the Bastion Lord of their homes had made a special effort to purge even the tiniest hint of spellcasting, and the surviving few were all too often merely kids. She gave Will a short message she had memorized beforehand, begging assistance while simultaneously warning of the sorry state of 09's rebel forces. It would have to be an almost entirely outside job - tricky, even for the forces the ronin had amassed.

The dreamwalker from Area 11 was late, almost to the point where one would wonder if they had received the message at all. But she arrived, practically glowing with confidence. "Sorry for the delay. Very busy here. Hakan wanted to send a message to you - you being the ronin, I assume? Anyway, and I quote, 'Let the dream-geezer know that we'll be busting out of our cage in two days. If he wants to show up, Hakan the Great would be happy to fight alongside him!'. Here's hoping to see you in person, mister! Till then, ciao!" With equal abruptness, she vanished back into the ether, anticipation still etched into her young features.
    Last edited by Selinia; 2011-01-24 at 10:32 PM.

Homebrew:

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

With Teikoku

Hal'Xaazar could feel the waves of mistrust emanating from his sister, it was invigorating.

"It seens to me like all the other deities conspire against your design, sister. How does it feel to you?"

"I can tell how it feels to him. He is jealous. He is the one who should conspire against his brothers and sister. But everyone else does it, so he can't. He has to..."

Hagu'Nemnon chokes on the last word.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing