Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 34 of 34
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Noremak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Cantrippin':Level 0 Never Looked So Great[3.5, PEACH]

    Incidentally, I love the spells Know More, Damage Soak and Animate Object. I'm defiantly going to look into including those into a few of my games.

    I have a Factotum/Wizard in Ebberon who I'm sure would love to have that little construct. But, in regards to the mage hand flying construct question, yes I figure could do that, but why no animate a paper crane or maybe a paper balloon. There are tons of fun little options.

    I personally think that the Bone Minion spell is too strong as a 0 level spell, and would make it a level one spell. A commoner zombie still has a d12 hit die after all, even if he is derpy. Also, Bone walk is flashing in the back of my mind as the Summon Undead spells from Heroes of Horror. That seems redundant, but its still a nifty spell.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Cantrippin':Level 0 Never Looked So Great[3.5, PEACH]

    Love animate tiny object.

    If Depants (which I would name 'Disrobe') didn't destroy the clothing, only caused it to fall off in the wearer's square, didn't affect magical clothing, and allowed a saving throw (Will would be traditional, although Ref could make sense), I'd be inclined to say it was a pretty fun little spell.

    Some of the others are bit too buff for a cantrip as well. A spell that summoned up a Small skeleton or Tiny zombie (like a 'crawling claw' or zombie hand) would be more in line with that level of power, IMO.

    I've noticed a lot of your cantrips have level-dependent effects, like range or duration. With a few exceptions, like prestidigitation and create water, most cantrips have fixed numbers for most factors. I'd be inclined to stick to that trend, and just use generic fixed ranges of 30 ft. or durations of 1 minute or whatever.

    There's a crapload of cantrips on my site, although I haven't looked at them since 3.0, so they might be woefully out of date. In the vein of your 'animate tiny object,' there's a 'summon pest' spell that calls up critters of lower CR than even Summon Monster I, like the dreaded commoner-killing house cat, or 1d3 bats.

    I'm a huge fan of cantrips, obviously. :)
    Last edited by Set; 2011-01-26 at 05:57 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BladeofOblivion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Workshop, Necropolis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cantrippin':Level 0 Never Looked So Great[3.5, PEACH]

    De-pants may not work on armor, but it might be nice for getting rid of your opponent's Cloak of Resistance +5, which does not provide a bonus to AC. And since the wording of it just says Garments, it can be used to rob them of that Cloak of Charisma, or maybe Amulet of Health.

    Or kill some helpless, innocent, intelligent item.

    Amusingly enough, the Book of Erotic Fantasy has a (5th-level?) spell called "Disrobe" that offers a reflex save or strips you naked. It's a creepy spell to prepare.
    Last edited by BladeofOblivion; 2011-01-26 at 06:08 PM.
    Extended Signature

    Óla tha eínai éna.

    Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pyromancer999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: Cantrippin':Level 0 Never Looked So Great[3.5, PEACH]

    Quote Originally Posted by Noremak View Post
    Incidentally, I love the spells Know More, Damage Soak and Animate Object. I'm defiantly going to look into including those into a few of my games.

    I have a Factotum/Wizard in Ebberon who I'm sure would love to have that little construct. But, in regards to the mage hand flying construct question, yes I figure could do that, but why no animate a paper crane or maybe a paper balloon. There are tons of fun little options.
    Thanks. It's always good to know that my material's being used in other games than mine.
    I personally think that the Bone Minion spell is too strong as a 0 level spell, and would make it a level one spell. A commoner zombie still has a d12 hit die after all, even if he is derpy.
    That's true. Changed so that HP for undead animated that way is halved.
    [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    I've noticed a lot of your cantrips have level-dependent effects, like range or duration. With a few exceptions, like prestidigitation and create water, most cantrips have fixed numbers for most factors. I'd be inclined to stick to that trend, and just use generic fixed ranges of 30 ft. or durations of 1 minute or whatever.
    True, most are fixed. Still, I don't think the level-dependent changes are drastic enough that they're unreasonable. The reason for level-dependent effects is so that it can reflect the character's increase in magical skill. The reasoning being that if I have a level 10 wizard, why should his casting of a cantrip only have as much power as that of a 1st level wizard? Yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofOblivion View Post
    De-pants may not work on armor, but it might be nice for getting rid of your opponent's Cloak of Resistance +5, which does not provide a bonus to AC. And since the wording of it just says Garments, it can be used to rob them of that Cloak of Charisma, or maybe Amulet of Health.

    Or kill some helpless, innocent, intelligent item.
    Changed so that it does not affect anything magical.
    Amusingly enough, the Book of Erotic Fantasy has a (5th-level?) spell called "Disrobe" that offers a reflex save or strips you naked. It's a creepy spell to prepare.
    This is more of a prankish cantrip, not intended to be used like that. I got the idea for it after looking at a spell thread for 3.5e spells for Sigil Prep.
    Last edited by Pyromancer999; 2011-01-26 at 06:52 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •