New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Mewtwo's Challenge (IC)

It was quite a trip. But now you're finally here. The lush greens of the Blossom Isle. Your group is met at port by a representative of Stem City. You are all led to a Pokemon Center where you are greeted by a small, hunched over man wearing a lab coat. "Greetings all. My name is Professor Willow. I've been studying these Isles for quite a while." He stops for a second, writing down what he just said and muttering to himself before continuing,, "I'm glad to see that so many of you turned out for the challenge. It gives us a better chance with so many people. Your first task will be found here on the Island. Unlike a Pokemon Gym, the Pokemon leaders wander freely around the island much like a wild Pokemon." He stops again, muttering to himself only this time it's more audible and easier to hear. "Of course he's like a wild Pokemon.... he is a wild Pokemon..... stupid stupid stupid......" He relooks at you all and continues, "Anyways, the entire island is open to you as Pokemon trainers so don't feel like you need to worry about any of the "No Entry" signs around the island." He begins to wave to you all and wish you good luck before his eyes suddenly go wide as if remembering something,, "My noodles! They'll overcook!" He quickly runs off.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mewtwo's Challenge (IC)

"Noodles?" Kevin said, perking up. "Mmm... That's what I'll have for lunch today. But that's not till later. he added, looking around. Taking notice of the older girl and much older man, hopping over to them as he offered hands to shake.

"I don't think we've introduced ourselves yet; I'm Kevin Taylor! It's nice to meet you!"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A tall man in a loose, unbuttoned lab coat steps forward with a nod.

Hey. You can call me Dr. Simon, or just Simon if you want... I've stopped caring enough to keep correcting people on that and some would say I don't even deserve such a title anymore.

His stares off at nothing in particular as if remembering something but then shakes himself out of it.

Anyways, Professor Willow, what kind of information do you have on these Pokemon Masters? I've heard a little bit about them but not much. What kind of pokemon are these Masters?
    Last edited by Drogos; 2011-01-14 at 06:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

He stops quickly and turns back, "The masters? I don't have much info on them either but some of the locals would most likely have the information you seek."
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tsubaki Lumina

The young teenager waited until the Professor had finished explaining everything before turning to the others. Only woman huh? Go figure... She thought, chuckling a bit nervously as she looked up and down the two boys, keeping her cloak up. She'd keep herself concealed.... at least until she felt better about at least one of them if not both. She wouldn't, however, seem rude by ignoring the simple question of giving out her name. She nodded, mentally deciding that would work, as she finally spoke, "I'm Tsubaki Lumina." She hesitated a bit before looking to see the boy named Kevin had extended his hand. She slowly accepted, revealing her skin to be paler than usual due to lack of sunlight and, when she finished, gently pulled her hand back.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

He shook hands vigorously. "Simon eh? Cool. Subak Lumina? What a strange name..." he said, shrugging. "Wait, so are you a boy or a girl then?" he asked, tilting his head quizzically as he noticed her skin. "Wow, you're white as snow! How did you pull that off? Does it hurt? Where are you from? Are people there like that?"
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-01-14 at 09:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki was, needless to say, taken aback that at least her tone of voice hadn't given away to the boy her gender. Normally, she'd be offended by such ignorance..... but there was something about the boy that was intriguing her enough to forget his faults and, for now, oblige with answering him. "I hoped at least my tone would hint my gender.... but I am a woman. As far as my skin.... it's because most of my life was spent indoors doing.... strenuous training.. No offense but it's a type that you would never begin to understand and, from what I'm feeling from you, a kind you never could begin to. Also, my name is Tsubaki... pronounced Sew-bah-key. Please get that right.... it's common courtesy."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Heh, whats the matter kid? Never seen a girl before?

Pleased to make your acquaintance Miss Tsubaki.

Well what do you think we ought to do first. Unlike you kids, I was hard at work in school when I was your age, so this is my first out-on-my-own adventure. And now I'm like the old man of the group but I'm not as old as I look. This is what life can do to you if you don't play your cards right.

He runs his fingers through his long hair and sighs.

[COLOR="rgb(47, 79, 79)"]Huuhhm...these depressing words of wisdom arn't going to help my image at all will they? Ahem, so Willow, what do you think we should do to get familiar with the island? I[/COLOR]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A girl, eh? Cool; aside from my dad I get along better with girls anyway... The boys are jealous that I'm my dad's son and think I'm weird for not going to school... Sew-bah-key? And you say there's a 't' in it? Huh; sorry, I'm not really good at spelling... Training? I understand all kinds of training! Kevin exclaimed in a flurry of words, bending forward into a handstand before bending his arms down, pushing up shortly after into an straight positions, arms almost fully extended.

"Can you do this? I'm reeeeeally good at these; pop tells me I'm even better than him!" he continued, doing another push-up.
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-01-15 at 01:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

He scratches his head as he watches the muscular young man do his push ups, "Well... to start I'd either visit the market or the center. Both would have people around who could tell you a bit about the Pokemaster and the lay of the land."

11. - Top - End - #11

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki merely shook her head slowly. She knew he hadn't gotten it.... nor would. She thought a bit how to prove what she had meant... before nodding and closing her eyes. Suddenly, in his head, Kevin could hear, I can do one better than a mere push-up.... I can lift things with my mind. Telekinesis it's called. After a moment's hesitation, she opened her eyes but maintained the telepathic link as she extended a hand out towards Kevin's waist and lifted up one of his Pokeballs into the air. See? This is what I meant by training.... not physically but mentally. And that is why you would never begin to understand it. With that, she gently put his Pokeball back onto his belt
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh darn you kids showing off. You think you're so cool with your trained bodies and psychic powers. Why I have my share of skills too ya know! You're looking at the remains of a fallen genius. I was gunna be rich!

I've conquered unquestioned areas of Pokescience and toyed with the very laws of Nature as if they were playthings! Heh, I'll be able to show you MY abilities once you find an elemental stone for me and you have a pokemon you want to evolve...heheh...

The 38-year old man realized how insane he looks and sounds at his ridiculous outburst and quickly composes himself.

Ahem! So lets be on our way to either one of those place then, huh? Yeah? Right! Lets go!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kevin was surprised by Tsubaki's powers, falling as a result. Gathering himself and ignoring any possible pain from hitting the ground, he spoke. "Wow! That's really something else; I had no idea one could use their aura to move stuff, or is this different? Pop tells me everyone has an aura. Says I'd probably be a good user of it if I found the right pokemon to connect with, but I'm not so sure; I'd rather let the pokemon throw all the crazy energy blasts anyway."

Turning his attention to Simon, he bowed respectfully. "Since you're the oldest, I'll follow your orders, sir." he said, smiling as he came back to a full stand.

"Pop always says to respect elders and learn from their guidance..."

14. - Top - End - #14

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki sighed again, her gaze first going to the elder man, "I wasn't showing off...merely trying to explain as he hadn't understood what I'd meant by training..... and still doesn't...." She said, making damn well sure to murmur the last part really quietly as she turned back to Kevin. "I suppose, in a sense, yes everyone does have an aura. However, that's not what I'm using for my powers. It's.... obviously too complicated to explain but it's more or less your will power and inner self. However, you can't just wish you had this sort of power and then you got it. You're usually born with them. Few people obtain them later on if they'd never had them before and what few do aren't generally seen as psychics.... but more along the lines of witches and warlocks due to how unnaturally they obtained such abilities. Now then, the elderly man does have one point. We probably should get moving.." She herself began heading towards the mart, making sure her hood remained up as she headed off. For now, her Pokemon weren't injured and she'd be more likely to need supplies. Besides, something she hadn't mentioned yet, she could heal her own Pokemon so she often resorted to that lastly.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ahh, ok ok; that souuunds kinda like using your aura, but I've never seen anything like that done before. Cool to see different stuff in life; talk about a learning experience! He he..." Kevin replied with a chuckle.

"Let's set out, then!"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

As you guys arrive at the Market, you see many people going about their day, almost obliviously. Mainly fruits are on sale. Very few people seem to be selling many Pokemon equipment or accessories like Pokeballs and whatnot. Those that are don't seem to be getting many customers. The Pokemon Center is more towards the exit of the town on the left side.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hmmm follow my guidance eh? Yes that is the right thing to do of course! Respect your elders. But I'm telling you guys Im not THAT elderly ehhehheh.. but I'm sure I could have plenty of use for such a phyiscally gifted one such as you. I'll let you know if I need a rock chopped in half or something. I'm somewhat of an expert on stones and their evolutionary effects on pokemon.. or at least I was...

But now we're here so lets ask around and see what we can find!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground

As the group leaves the Pokemon Center, they are greeted by a slightly overweight, middle aged man in a lab coat.

Remind...me... *huff* to pick up a new alarm clock... he says, bending over to catch his breath. That last one was terrible. Anyway, sorry for the late arrival, heh heh. I'm Ivan Sumac, and I'll be traveling with you to study what exactly is going on with these so called "Masters."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ah... good to see you Ivan. I was wondering when I was going to run into you here. Just like old times, eh?

He chuckles somewhat bitterly and the other two trainers can tell there is some history between the two researchers.

20. - Top - End - #20

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki merely nodded as she heard a new male voice speak, acknowledging she'd indeed heard him. And thus I'm officially the only woman in the group.... how I get this type of luck is beyond me though.... Aloud, however, she quickly gave her introduction to Ivan, "Tsubaki Lumina. So... the group consists of more or less two researchers, me, and .... a child. Gotcha." Somehow, she wasn't sure about this arrangement. After thinking a bit more, she decided if somehow any of them could prove themselves... then maybe she'd stop being so pessimistic. As she walked with the others, she spoke again, "So.... is anyone besides me a bit uneasy that there's almost no Pokemarts? I get the feeling this isn't a good sign.... at all....."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Child?! I'm fifteen, you meany!" Kevin exclaimed in a huff. "You can't be that much older than me... Can you?"

22. - Top - End - #22

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki seemed to already have an answer prepared as she had expected that sort of reaction from Kevin. "Physically... no. But mentally....." She allowed her sentence to trail off, knowing he wouldn't need to be psychic to finish it... or shouldn't have to be. As her eyes gazed around from underneath her cloak, it rested on the Pokemon Center. "I think we will get the most answers within there...." With that, she began heading towards it, going to the front desk and asking the Nurse the following,, "Excuse me but do you know anything of the so-called Masters who reside on this Island? Also, why do Pokemon supplies seem to be in such short supply?"
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsubaki:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Nurse thinks a bit before answering,, "Most of the supplies have been taken into the jungle by most of the Master's Pokemon. We only have a few customers and if we re-supply too much, we'll get raided again. As for the Master of this Island, he is Yanmega. He keeps a group of Pokemon as his own personal guards and prefers ambushes and quick attacks. Other than that, there is not much I can tell you about him."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Solum follows Tsubaki into the pokecenter to see what information she is able to gather.

Ah I see a Yanmega. An ancient pokemon from the dawn of time. A fit ruler for an island of plant and bug type pokemon. Thats not too bad I guess. Maybe we should mount a raid of our own on this Yanmega and steal back what belongs to this town. I'm sure we would happily be rewarded for such a feat eheh...

At the very least, I think we should head out of town and get a gauge on how strong of pokemon we will have to be dealing with while we look for Yanmega.

25. - Top - End - #25

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki bows her head to the Nurse, thanking her then turning. As she does, she sees Solum must have heard her as he too was inside. She waved her hand, motioning they should discuss matters outside the center, as she began walking out. "I think we're against more than simple raiders. Think on it... if they only took supplies, wouldn't they merely retaliate by going and re-obtaining them without assistance? However, because this isn't the issue, I think they're taking more than just supplies.... perhaps even some of the civilians. I do agree, however, they shouldn't need to live like this nor under such a tyrant and definitely should be assisted. Albeit, as we do have somewhat of an idea regarding what we're up against, I think this is one of the situations where fighting fire with it seems best. Besides... I doubt the Yanmega would expect anyone to dare ambush him. So, what say you?" She kept quiet, waiting to hear his input on all she had suggested.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

26. - Top - End - #26

"Alright, so let me see if I follow." Ivan says after listening to Tsubaki's explanation from the nurse. "There's a Yanmega leading the wild Pokemon on raids of this village, making off with supplies and such. YOu're proposing, Tsubaki, that we ambush them the next time they attack the village, while you, Solum, think that we should go on the offensive and attack directly. May I suggest a happy medium, then? We wait for the next attack on the village, then ambush the attackers. We can then catch one of them and have it return to the lair, were we can take on the Yanmega without the interference of all its minions at once. How does that sound?"
    Last edited by Kira_the_5th; 2011-01-16 at 12:56 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki tilted a pale hand in mid-air, hinting Ivan was sorta right and sorta wrong simultaneously. "In truth, I was suggesting the ambush even before they made a move. Think more along the lines of an espionage type of thing. However.... perhaps a scouting could be done first then waiting for them to attack this place whilst we come up with our own counterattack plan? I see your point about not wanting to deal with all the minions. Simultaneously, it might not be something we can avoid and thus it's why I'm suggesting the espionage... to see what we might end up facing.. By knowing ahead of time what to expect, we can get all the proper preparations set up and by the time they arrive, I doubt they'll be expecting a group, even if small, ready to fight back." She did agree about one thing for sure... a medium did need to be found. Hopefully it sounded like a good enough one as it was what she was trying to do, not sound bossy.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Let me point out, that we have no idea how strong these raiding pokemon are or how many of them there are. We could be sorely outmatched regardless of what tactic we use. What kind of pokemon do you guys use that would be able to help us in this situation? My Onix, Dreadrock, can use its rock type attacks to flatten some bugs. It could also be handy in clearing a path for us through the jungle, though if discretion is a factor that might not work.

29. - Top - End - #29

Tsubaki Lumina

"That would be what the espionage part of the suggestion is to be used for... finding out numbers, types, and whatnot. As far as what types I have..." She began pointing downward at her waist, identifying which was which as she spoke, "One is a water type with some ice type moves and can move freely on ice, this is a fire and dark type who is a rather good tracker and finally a fighting and poison type Pokemon who has moves one wouldn't expect... mainly Dark and Ghost types."
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2011-01-16 at 02:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

30. - Top - End - #30

"Unfortunately, my strongest is Jung, my psychic type. I've also got a water type and a fighting/steel type that may be more useful against these bugs." Ivan says, looking through his Pokeballs. "Granted, we shouldn't be taking it for granted that there are many bug types, just because the leader is. Perhaps we can get more information from the townsfolk about what the raiders are."