New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Most inherently sexy fantasy race?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    Oh em gee, you posted Horo. I love you long time.
    You know, one of the players in my campaign has a shifter cohort (animal companion, really, but it's a long story) that is pretty much Horo.

I blame the Traveler. >_>
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zvbxrpl View Post
    I agree that that is sort of creepy and shallow. I mean, then they're just sort of an intelligent sex toy.
    Not to be obnoxious, but what the heck is wrong with wanting an intelligent sex toy? To some, the idea of being in that role is the height of sexuality. But for that situation exist, their opposite match has to exist somewhere too.
    Is it just and creepy and shallow to enjoy the idea of BEING nothing but someones fantasy come to life? Because to be someones fantasy, they have to HAVE a fantasy.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SilverClawShift View Post
    If someone isn't interested in helping me fulfill my fantasies, I have no interest in helping fulfill that persons fantasies.
    Consequently, I have zero interest in being with that person.

Anything you describe as an ideal is an ideal operating under the idea that they would want to have sex with you for whatever reason in the first place. I would (to put it bluntly) be incredibly attracted to an eight foot tall wolfman (even if that was their only physical form). If it WAS their only physical form, it stands to reason they'd be more interested in nice-smelling wolfgirls.
    But I'm operating under the assumption that Mr. Bigclaws here is 100% interested in pouncing across the room and ravishing me. If you're not interested in a partner who likes you and is interested in pleasing you in whatever way they're good at, then the point of them being 'sexy' is kind of lost.
    Sure, any one of these fantasies operates under some psychological assumptions. However, these are usually rather minimal. We're assuming that on a certain level the creature still has its own interests. That's why things like alignment keep getting brought up. It's present in your fantasy too: a wolfman driven by his own passionate lust is not going to be the most considerate of partners, and I doubt you would want him to be. The personality is part of what you're interested in, even if small modifications (attraction to you) are necessary for the exercise to make sense.

Similarly, one can fantasize a shapeshifter as a considerate partner who is interested in delving into your fantasies, with room to experiment with its own. One can also fantasize a shapeshifter as a partner who will always be whatever you want and is perfectly plastic to your desires. The latter is a tad more off-putting, and while it's not the preferred avenue of people who have given this some thought (you probably included), it does seem to be the idea behind the "million gp sex slave" comments.

Edit:
    Not to be obnoxious, but what the heck is wrong with wanting an intelligent sex toy? To some, the idea of being in that role is the height of sexuality. But for that situation exist, their opposite match has to exist somewhere too.
    Is it just and creepy and shallow to enjoy the idea of BEING nothing but someones fantasy come to life? Because to be someones fantasy, they have to HAVE a fantasy.
    Oh ok, this is the direction we're going. Yes I agree, from a BDSM-ish direction the living sex toy is a perfectly reasonable fantasy. Why we balk at this kind of thing is that there were times in history when, rather than some individual's fantasy to be negotiated, this was simply the expected situation for half of a society's population. There's a perfectly reasonable fear that there's still some of that attitude out there, that some people think of ultra-submissiveness as simply part of a harmonious relationship, rather than a fantasy in its own right. We don't trust the wider trollverse to be thinking along BDSM lines and expect them to simply be misogynistic. That shouldn't imply any condemnation of those who do approach this from BDSM lines.
    Last edited by Urpriest; 2011-01-16 at 03:33 PM.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

AHEM.
    This thread skirts VERY close to the edge. If everyone starts arguing, it will definitely get locked. Can we agree to disagree and keep it on the right side of 'Allowable' for as long as possible?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    AHEM.
    This thread skirts VERY close to the edge. If everyone starts arguing, it will definitely get locked. Can we agree to disagree and keep it on the right side of 'Allowable' for as long as possible?
    This is a good idea, especially as my last post just danced dangerously close to real-world politics. Very well, I'll shut up on this.

On another note, anyone know of a sourcebook with Ursula-style humanoid-octopus type things? As I've said, I love me a girl who constricts.

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erm, I am very out of my depth in terms of actual knowledge about this, other than that it exists. I may be about to say something horribly ignorant.

What you're describing includes a mutual exchange of sexual fulfillment. One person is aroused by being exactly what the other wants, and the other is aroused by getting exactly what they want from somebody perfectly compliant. I think what I was objecting to was a the idea that seemed to be cropping up in some posts (at least that Raven's Cry noticed and explained) that whether the sex was mutually fulfilling was entirely immaterial. When you pair that attitude with a fantasy of having a shapeshifter turn into whatever you want, the result is creepy and shallow. The shapeshifter described in those posts needs to want to be submissive, or something's kind of wrong.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm pretty certain Urpriest ninja'd my point, and was more eloquent and informed.
    Last edited by zvbxrpl; 2011-01-16 at 03:43 PM.
    Groucho avatar by Crimmy.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    I know completely what you're talking about.
    So do I.

Frankly, I don't really have a fantasy race I'd want to get with. I do like Tieflings though, and shapeshifters could be cool just for the ability to change into whatever.

Frankly, I'd rather be a shapeshifter than be with one though. Unless of course she was the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but that wasn't really the idea I got from this thread.

8. - Top - End - #158

Don't know your name but bring the pain.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

However, those who say they're attracted to shapeshifters because they can duplicate things like winged elves are making the assumption that the shapeshifter will take these forms. This means that the partner being imagined not only has specific physical/magical characteristics, but also specific psychological characteristics, namely the desire to replicate that person's fantasies. So if you fantasize a shapeshifter that looks like whatever you want whenever you want, you're imagining a very very submissive being.
    Not really as SilverClawShift said if I could shapeshift I would certainly use it to make myself attractive to my partner/whoever-I-was-attractived-to.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Unless of course she was the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but that wasn't really the idea I got from this thread.
    See being a girl I want to spend the rest of my life with IS probably what I find sexiest so one of my first criteria is they have to be the kind of person that I could want that with...

Which now makes me feel guilty that my choices were immortal or have a lifetime measured in millenniums. Then again it does make the idea of asking a chaotic good ghaele to be faithful to you for your paltry <80 years seem somewhat better. What's 80 years to a creature that has lived 10,000 and will live 10,000 more. Which makes things sad again.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

11. - Top - End - #161

The shapeshifter described in those posts needs to want to be submissive, or something's kind of wrong.
    But again. Any listing of your ideal sexy creature kinda requires them to, you know, be your ideal. You could find the idea of wings very alluring. But if a specific fairy or angel always hid their wings and refused to show them off, it would kind of defeat the point. It would be their choice tho, and it would be 'shallow and creepy' of you to ask them to walk around with their wings unfurled.
    So when you say "Half-angel with wings" is your ideal sexy partner, the assumption is there that you'll be looking up at them wings spread and proud and their halo gleaming.
    The werewolf needs to be aggressive. The angel needs to be proud of her wings. The green-skinned orc needs to not be caking on pink foundation. And the shapeshifter needs to be willing to shift their shape.
    That's WHY it's an ideal.

Calling any of it wrong is making some aggressively negative assumptions about the person who finds it sexy.

Not attempting to be hostile here, I just don't want to begrudge someone their taste unfairly. I find the image of a human man with a big strong female minotaur to be the OPPOSITE of sexy, but to each their own, I won't be calling those individuals creepy.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

The F-1 Grand Prix. The F stands for "Fantasy", obviously.

Because you gotta go fast if you want to up your game.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

The green-skinned orc needs to not be caking on pink foundation.
    *shudders*
    I need brain bleach!
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

But again. Any listing of your ideal sexy creature kinda requires them to, you know, be your ideal. You could find the idea of wings very alluring. But if a specific fairy or angel always hid their wings and refused to show them off, it would kind of defeat the point. It would be their choice tho, and it would be 'shallow and creepy' of you to ask them to walk around with their wings unfurled.
    So when you say "Half-angel with wings" is your ideal sexy partner, the assumption is there that you'll be looking up at them wings spread and proud and their halo gleaming.
    The werewolf needs to be aggressive. The angel needs to be proud of her wings. The green-skinned orc needs to not be caking on pink foundation. And the shapeshifter needs to be willing to shift their shape.
    That's WHY it's an ideal.

Calling any of it wrong is making some aggressively negative assumptions about the person who finds it sexy.
    I, um, think you've made a good point about singling out shapeshifting for this sort of treatment, but my point still stands. If it's not just you, what the other person wants is also important. Whether that's a question of "do they want to shift into that form right now because you say so (or, to what extent are they willing to make their shapeshifting about exploring your fantasies)," or "does that Tiefling want to put their tail there," or "does the angel want to do it whilst flying"

But, I think UrPriest said in that big response to you everything I meant to say and more, and had a better grasp of the whole issue of how potential BDSM perspectives fit into this.

EDIT: And I'm gonna bow out for a while, because I think we're standing at sufficiently different mental vantage points that I at least am really straining to figure out which particlars either of us agrees/disagrees with the other about.
    Last edited by zvbxrpl; 2011-01-16 at 04:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

I would totally be someone's animate, intelligent sex toy.

Also, this thread is making my head explode. Special notes: Angels/half angels, Mephits, and lycanthropes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Spamalot in the Playground

The shapeshifter described in those posts needs to want to be submissive, or something's kind of wrong.
    I don't think anyone here was advocating, or even hinting at, nonconsensual partnerships.

And that is as close as I will come to that particular can of worms.

For the record, I agree with SilverClawShift.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

This thread, as it's about sexiness, is inherently not caring about the other person's personality, only considering looks and abilities. Assuming they're happy to fit any fetish you'd ask is pretty much the point of the thread.

Now can we please move on?

Succubi, good. Tentacles, fun! Wings, pretty nice. Werewolves, very nice.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Succubi, good. Tentacles, fun! Wings, pretty nice. Werewolves, very nice.
    You are easy to please aren't you?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I don't think anyone here was advocating, or even hinting at, nonconsensual partnerships.

And that is as close as I will come to that particular can of worms.

For the record, I agree with SilverClawShift.
    Most of the posts don't say either way.
    But this one seems to refer to outright slavery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaww View Post
    *snickers*

You haven't met lix before, have you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Firbolg in the Playground

This is Lix we're talking about .

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I suspect you're right, if only because I know myself that my own pessimism about geek culture, at least among the guys, is a recurring, twisted lens through which I see the world.

And that quoted sentence was the worst of that post. I felt like I needed a soundbite version of what I'd written before, and that was the mediocre and inexact one I settled for.

Remember how I prefaced that post by saying I may have been about to say something horribly ignorant? I think I said something horribly ignorant.

And, now, if I can stop apologizing, I would like to, as Lix Lorn says, move on. I, for one, have always had a thing for the shorter-and-wider proportions of Dwarven women.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    *snickers*

You haven't met lix before, have you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    This is Lix we're talking about .
    I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course not every guy looks better with beards, but the ones that do win out over their beardless brethren.
    Perhaps. Maybe I've been reading too much Daily Dish but personally I think it's a matter of finding the right cut of beard--for me it's a Van Dyke with the big sideburns and 3-day growth on the sidewhiskers. But then again like you said variety is the spice of life, so I try to switch it up every now and then.

You win the thread by the way. Well, you and Tengu, gotta give him props for working Kos-Mos into this.

So, how soon until this thread takes the place of "Dungeons and Dames" or whatever that image thread is called now?
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-01-16 at 04:51 PM.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

* le sigh* All my fantasies are completely impossible. For example, being a changeling, being able to change my appearance at will. No technology we have can satisfy this want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scylfing View Post
    So, how soon until this thread takes the place of "Dungeons and Dames" or whatever that image thread is called now?
    We just need to wait for imagespam to take the place of actual discussion. In a thread along these lines, that is sort of inevitable.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
    You have mood swings too... Are you my ex by any chance? this is a joke, I hope. Otherwise it would be a bit creepy...

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    * le sigh* All my fantasies are completely impossible. For example, being a changeling, being able to change my appearance at will. No technology we have can satisfy this want.
    Bah! Sufficiently applied nanotech is indistinguishable from magic! Hop on in to the Technological Singularity, and soon your dreams will come true!

On that note, while I don't find them sexy in any standard sense, it would be rather interesting to date a Silithar...

Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Perhaps virtual reality will advance enough to make those fantasies come true in the near future. Don't know about tactile sensations though... I'd imagine that would be real tricky.

Until then, men and women can dream. And riff on Plan Nine from Outer Space while eating potato chips and thinking of some way of introducing an Ed Wood type character in your current campaign.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Personally I find the slightly derailed discussion to be a lot more interesting than the original topic.

I just can't decide on any particular race. There's just too many to chose from, celestials, fiends, fey and so on. Heck even a HoMM naga could be hot. So I'm going to be nauseously pc and say that sexiness depends too much on personality.
    Last edited by Poil; 2011-01-16 at 05:08 PM.
    Awesome avatar by RustMonster

Constipated Lizard Slayer