New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion II: No Longer Mortal

There are a couple, weird exceptions with extremely limited applications that have to do with malfeas. In malfeas, if something happens you don't like and you get to a sympathetic yozi and convince them to help you out within 5 days they can sort of undo it but not really. But you don't travel through time, the event just never happened. But only to you.

Also, you can send a message back in time 5 days by summoning a demon. Kind of-ish.

But yeah. Actions have consequences and all that, and no time travel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

EDIT: Plus Sidereals have a couple Charms where Fate rearranges itself so what just happened didn't happen, because you were in a different room at the time, that Fire Aspect stabbed himself, and the scorch marks on you are from a grilling accident. But you can't change much.

On the throwing, I was thinking of making a rather dim Dusk Caste brawler who's firmly convinced that his actions are somehow for the good of Creation, and has a cult that mistakes his pronouncements like "We must unmake the world to save it!" and "Only by fighting can we achieve peace!" for wisdom instead of a poor grasp of causality. Name-wise, I'm torn between Shining Onyx Hammer and Impenetrable Meat Bulwark.

Also on throwing, I was rereading the Dawn Solution and noticed you could combo Blind Impulse Strike and Sky Breaker Throw. And they're triggered by social attacks. At Essence 6, you can reflexively throw someone on the other side of Creation into Malfeas for writing you a letter, for 12m 2wp. The more high-essence Solar Charms I see, the more I think Kejak was right.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2011-01-31 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    Right. Anyway, any ideas on when (or if) you're gonna get those other schoolground homebrews up, Xefas?
    Wait, what? Was I supposed to be working on that? I've been doing other things in my leisure time, like playing Civ5, working on a sidereal martial art, and brainstorming what the groundwork would look like for Burning Exalted. But, if that was genuinely interesting to some of you, I suppose I can allot some time to that too.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-01-31 at 03:05 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's no pressure or anything, it just seems like a cool idea. And yeah, I play Civ V myself. My perception of the passage of time is deader than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

5. - Top - End - #425

RedWizardGuy

Speaking about Sidereal MAs, do you people have any tips for making one? I've been wanting to do something with Prayer Pieces for a while, and then this found its way in there somehow (Warning, TV Tropes link!). I'm brimming with ideas, but I've got no clue how to translate them into crunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Banned

Misho is a time traveler. That's why he doesn't remember anything. All his memories are from the future, and he hasn't experienced them yet.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    Speaking about Sidereal MAs, do you people have any tips for making one?
    In short, carefully.

High-Essence effects tend to be a bit crazy, and it's generally agreed that most SMA are overpowered even by those standards. Sapphire Veil of Passion Style (from Glories of the Most High) is generally agreed to be the best-balanced SMA; I'm not sure why. Obsidian Shards of Infinity is generally considered the worst-balanced*, though the capstone of Charcoal March of Spiders could theoretically be used to kill everyone in Creation instantly.

The easiest way to make sure anything is balanced is to ask others to check it; I've homebrewed things with glaring problems that I never would have noticed. Post it here, and maybe on the rpg.net and White Wolf forums when you've gotten a draft of it or a good sense of where you're going with it. Here, I'd say the main things to look for are:
    1. Don't put in something that beats perfect defenses. Maaybe have some unavoidable effect, but never make it completely impossible to avoid an actual hitting-person-with-a-weapon attack, because it's easy to make any hit lethal.
    2. Don't let the Perfect Defenses be significantly better than the Solar PDs in the core book. Somewhat cheaper or with a less-frequently-applicable flaw of invulnerability might be acceptable. Might.
    3. SMAs are about messing with reality, not just about punching (or shooting) people. Don't be afraid to make it weird.
    4. Don't let it make someone unassailable.
    4.a. Scene-length perfect defenses are appealing to include, but if you include one it needs to have a surcharge for each attack you block, or a gaping hole that makes it not really perfect at all, or something. Too much invincibility is not good design.
    4.b. Be careful about reducing costs, and be careful about giving out any benefits, especially perfect effects, especially perfect defenses, for free. Things that reduce mote costs or help you gain back motes and willpower can be quite abusable.

*Scene-length perfect defense that also gives you a chance at an unexpected attack every time you're attacked, with negligible drawback; scene-length perfect defense that redirects the attacks to new targets and functions as long as anyone can see you; making as many as 36 clones of yourself with pretty much all your capabilities for 2m each; all your martial arts charms are free if you have a big mirror close by
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2011-01-31 at 05:09 PM.
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    4.a. Scene-length perfect defenses are appealing to include, but if you include one it needs to have a surcharge for each attack you block, or a gaping hole that makes it not really perfect at all, or something. Too much invincibility is not good design.
    How about a scene-length perfect against a single target? As in, "I kick on this Charm, and until the end of the scene, it is not within Exalt Bob's ability to hit me. But against Exalt Steve, I have to defend normally." Or is that still too good? If it still needs to be weaker than that, maybe link it to an Ability chosen at the time of activation, so Exalt Bob's Martial Arts attacks are perfectly parried, but his Archery/Melee/Thrown ones are not...

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds like a pretty reasonable gaping hole to me, yeah. Groups or people with minions are still a threat, and even lone enemies might be able to get around it via semantics and shapeshifting, Black Mirror Shintai, certain Sidereal Charms, or suchlike.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2011-01-31 at 05:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    Speaking about Sidereal MAs, do you people have any tips for making one? I've been wanting to do something with Prayer Pieces for a while, and then this found its way in there somehow (Warning, TV Tropes link!). I'm brimming with ideas, but I've got no clue how to translate them into crunch.
    I went over this earlier with something else, but this fits better as a Celestial Style. SMAs deal with wielding concepts as a weapon and lens to view Creation through. Love, travel, dreams, and so on. You could maybe do something interesting as a style (running with the MIB theme) with the concept of anonymity, but that seems a bit outside the scope of what you're proposing.

In short, carefully.

High-Essence effects tend to be a bit crazy, and it's generally agreed that most SMA are overpowered even by those standards. Sapphire Veil of Passion Style (from Glories of the Most High) is generally agreed to be the best-balanced SMA; I'm not sure why.
    Short version? Someone who knows how the mechanics work wrote it. Dean Shomshak is a great guy, and I have nothing but respect for him, but the Scroll of the Monk has holes like a piece of swiss cheese in a rat cage.

The easiest way to make sure anything is balanced is to ask others to check it; I've homebrewed things with glaring problems that I never would have noticed. Post it here, and maybe on the rpg.net and White Wolf forums when you've gotten a draft of it or a good sense of where you're going with it.
    This, pretty much. Have others check it over. Exalted can be a hard system to homebrew for.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-01-31 at 08:30 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    How about a scene-length perfect against a single target? As in, "I kick on this Charm, and until the end of the scene, it is not within Exalt Bob's ability to hit me. But against Exalt Steve, I have to defend normally." Or is that still too good?
    I'd say it's okay if you attach a rider that while that charm is active, you can't use any other charm with a flaw of invulnerability.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #432
    Banned

I'm going to attempt to ST an IRL game soon, and I was thinking about how I could have both an online part for the majority of the game, but meeting in person for that tabletop feel and for combat. Has anyone done real life Exalted, as opposed to PbP? How has that worked out for you? It seems like some of the longer winded characters need time for their mortal players to think up epic speeches, to me at least.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Has anyone done real life Exalted, as opposed to PbP?
    I have.

How has that worked out for you?
    My previous girlfriend was, secretly to everyone else in the group, sexxing everyone else in the group. Y'know, IRL. Take that as you will. (I haven't found the mechanic that this is an emergent property of, yet, though [this is game design humor])

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Eh. Doing a campaign right now, and honestly, I like the PBP better. Even for combat.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

15. - Top - End - #435

Has anyone done real life Exalted, as opposed to PbP?
    All three of the games I've been in/run have been IRL.
    How has that worked out for you?
    Very well.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-01-31 at 09:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Might just be the group. Some of them....they aren't that into mechanics.
    Satomi by Elagune

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Very well.
    Well isn't that nice for you.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    This is ten shades of green awesome.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

19. - Top - End - #439

WolfInSheepsClothing

The first game of Exalted that I played was in real life and it went well. However, it was a very mechanics free sort of game. There was almost no combat, and sessions could go by without any dice rolling at all. Part of that is our group though, not the most action oriented.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    My previous girlfriend was, secretly to everyone else in the group, sexxing everyone else in the group. Y'know, IRL. Take that as you will. (I haven't found the mechanic that this is an emergent property of, yet, though [this is game design humor])
    All I can say is: Ouch.

21. - Top - End - #441

You know, still reading Graceful Wicked Masques, and I gotta say, for some of this stuff, one just has to take a step back and look at it again.

For example, "Ravishing the Created Form." You dramatically reveal a part of yourself that you were concealing, and this startles and hypnotizes the target?

Wow, just wow. I mean, that's practically made for squick.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Or it could be this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been working on the homebrew SMA I mentioned. It's now about the cosmic principle of Connection using the constellations as a lens, much like CMoS is about the principle of Consumption using the Pattern Spiders as a lens. Form weapons will probably be rope darts, fighting chains, and nunchaku; it'll require at least 2 dots in Occult and at least one degree in Astrology as complementary abilities. I'd like feedback on the first two Charms I've written, especially whether their mote costs sound about right.

All Fists Under Heaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 6m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4;
    Type: Simple (Speed 5, DV -2)
    Keywords: Compulsion, War
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    For a moment, the Sidereal holds every weapon on the battlefield. He can force a number of mortals up to his Occult + Degree in astrology (maximum 8) to launch a coordinated attack against a target of his choice. None of the attackers may be more than the Sidereal's Essence x10 in yards away from another, and all of them must have a weapon capable of hitting their assigned target.
    The Sidereal must succeed on a Charisma + War roll at a difficulty equal to half the number of participants in the group rounded down, as usual for a coordinated attack. This is an unnatural mental influence that each target can resist by paying 1 wp; each participant who resists doesn't contribute to the difficulty of the Charisma + War roll. If it needs to be said, no attack occurs if every participant resists.
    In Mass Combat, the Sidereal can instead force any unit with a Magnitude up to his Degree in astrology (maximum 3) to make a single attack against a target of his choice if he succeeds on a Charisma + War roll at a difficulty equal to the Magnitude + Drill of the unit. The unit's leader may resist by paying 2 wp.
    Enhanced: A Sidereal may work this effect on a number of mortals up to his total dots in House of Battles colleges (maximum 25), or a mass combat unit with a Magnitude up to his highest dots in a House of Battles college (maximum 5).

Lying Oracle's Neyartha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 4m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4;
    Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Combo-OK
    Prerequisite Charms: All Fists Under Heaven
    Any good liar knows that truth and falsehood, knowing and not knowing, are intimately connected. Any Resplendent Firmament stylist knows that it takes surprisingly little effort to take hold of one and swing the other around like a flail. The martial artist grips a fact or negation of fact, imagines its antithesis, and links the two with a flexible chain of equivocation and paradox, overlaying the resulting chain of Essence with her weapon or arm. This Charm encompasses two techniques; the Sidereal chooses which of the two to use each time she activates this charm. It supplements a single attack, and also provides a non-action benefit.
    If she chooses to hold truth and strike with falsehood, she may attempt a Perception + Awareness roll to detect any invisible, immaterial, or otherwise undetected opponents, adding bonus successes equal to her Degree in astrology (maximum 3). In addition, her attack becomes unexpected, and she can choose her target after making the Awareness roll.
    If she chooses to hold falsehood and strike with truth, she may attempt to instantly reestablish surprise with bonus successes equal to her Degree in astrology (maximum 3) on the Dexterity + Stealth roll. In addition, her attack (which takes place after she attempts to reestablish surprise) ignores Hardness and gains the Piercing tag.
    The bonus successes this Charm provides count towards the normal limit on dice added by Charms.
    Enhanced: A Sidereal may instead gain bonus successes equal to her Martial Arts + highest dots in a House of Secrets college (maximum 10) on the Awareness or Stealth roll.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

All Fists Under Heaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 6m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4;
    Type: Simple (Speed 5, DV -2)
    Keywords: Compulsion, War
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    For a moment, the Sidereal holds every weapon on the battlefield. He can force a number of mortals up to his Occult + Degree in astrology (maximum 8) to launch a coordinated attack against a target of his choice. None of the attackers may be more than the Sidereal's Essence x10 in yards away from another, and all of them must have a weapon capable of hitting their assigned target.
    The Sidereal must succeed on a Charisma + War roll at a difficulty equal to half the number of participants in the group rounded down, as usual for a coordinated attack. This is an unnatural mental influence that each target can resist by paying 1 wp; each participant who resists doesn't contribute to the difficulty of the Charisma + War roll. If it needs to be said, no attack occurs if every participant resists.
    In Mass Combat, the Sidereal can instead force any unit with a Magnitude up to his Degree in astrology (maximum 3) to make a single attack against a target of his choice if he succeeds on a Charisma + War roll at a difficulty equal to the Magnitude + Drill of the unit. The unit's leader may resist by paying 2 wp.
    Enhanced: A Sidereal may work this effect on a number of mortals up to his total dots in House of Battles colleges (maximum 25), or a mass combat unit with a Magnitude up to his highest dots in a House of Battles college (maximum 5).
    I think you need to drop the Enhanced keyword from this. The Enhanced keyword only belongs on the Hero styles, not on Sidereal Styles.

I also think this is a little on the low end of power for an Essence 4 effect. I suggest the following: Mortals just plain can't resist the attack, supernatural beings with an Essence less than the Sidereal's Essence can be compelled to attack but may pay Willpower to resist, the Sidereal joins in the coordinated attack and makes a single attack himself, and get rid of the maximum number of participants. If you can get 13 mortals near an Essence 10 Exalt in combat, you deserve to get all of their help.

Lying Oracle's Neyartha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 4m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4;
    Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Combo-OK
    Prerequisite Charms: All Fists Under Heaven
    Any good liar knows that truth and falsehood, knowing and not knowing, are intimately connected. Any Resplendent Firmament stylist knows that it takes surprisingly little effort to take hold of one and swing the other around like a flail. The martial artist grips a fact or negation of fact, imagines its antithesis, and links the two with a flexible chain of equivocation and paradox, overlaying the resulting chain of Essence with her weapon or arm. This Charm encompasses two techniques; the Sidereal chooses which of the two to use each time she activates this charm. It supplements a single attack, and also provides a non-action benefit.
    If she chooses to hold truth and strike with falsehood, she may attempt a Perception + Awareness roll to detect any invisible, immaterial, or otherwise undetected opponents, adding bonus successes equal to her Degree in astrology (maximum 3). In addition, her attack becomes unexpected, and she can choose her target after making the Awareness roll.
    If she chooses to hold falsehood and strike with truth, she may attempt to instantly reestablish surprise with bonus successes equal to her Degree in astrology (maximum 3) on the Dexterity + Stealth roll. In addition, her attack (which takes place after she attempts to reestablish surprise) ignores Hardness and gains the Piercing tag.
    The bonus successes this Charm provides count towards the normal limit on dice added by Charms.
    Enhanced: A Sidereal may instead gain bonus successes equal to her Martial Arts + highest dots in a House of Secrets college (maximum 10) on the Awareness or Stealth roll.
    First, I again think the Enhanced keyword is inappropriate here. Second, normally bonus successes do not count towards Charm dice limits. The Second Excellency is sort of an exception to the rule. Third, the first effect is very potent. Automatic unexpected attacks are lethal against anyone who does not have a paranoia Combo ready to roll.

Overall, very flavorful Charms. Going to write your own Sutra for these?

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe reducing the difficulty of the Cha+War roll would be a good idea as well.

EDIT:
    Two homebrewed knacks. Are there any glaring mechanical problems with them? Also, trying to decide what the prerequisites should be.

Swarm of One
    Spoiler
    Show
    Essence 3.
    Luna is not called the Many-Faced idly, and her stewards can exceed even her limitations. This knack allows the Steward to expend an additional 3 motes an one temporary Willpower when taking an animal form as large as a medium sized dog, though if taking a spirit shape the Lunar ignores the extra cost. In either case, the Lunar splits into a maximum of (essencex2) copies of the animal, with the Lunar's mind spread through all of them. These copies are somewhat autonomous, and actions that any given copy takes don't apply to the others regarding Flurries or DV penalties. All copies share the same essence pool, and any copy activating a charm counts as all the copies activation. But charms with a duration of one action or instant must be activated separately for each individual copy for any benefit to be gained, while those with a duration of indefinite, scene, or more than one action can be activated for the entire swarm by spending 1 temporary Willpower surcharge. When taking this form, every copy has virtual health levels equal to (Lunar's number of -0 to -4 levels/number of copies, rounded down). Damage is dealt to the Lunar's normal health track, but every time the number of health levels lost becomes greater than the number of virtual health levels of any one copy, one copy falls. If the damage is lethal or aggravated, the copy disappears. If it is bashing, it falls to the ground, inactive. More damage done to that converts it's virtual health levels, and the corresponding ones on the Lunar's health track, to Lethal damage. If bashing damage is healed, the copy returns to consciousness, and rejoins the battle on that tick. When ending the knack, if any remaining copies are more than (essence) yards, those copies disappear, dealing 1 unsoakable level of damage per copy. The Lunar can use knacks with this charm, but all copies must change shape, and the shape taken must be a valid form for this knack. Otherwise, all copies but one disappear, with that copy changing normally, and taking damage as applicable.

Herd of One
    Spoiler
    Show
    Essence 4, , Swarm of One.
    This knack works as it's prerequisite, but can be used on any valid beast the Lunar knows; size is not an issue.
    Last edited by Tavar; 2011-02-01 at 02:44 PM.
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #446

For whatever reason, I've started wondering what a post-apocalyptic setting where Autochthon literally fell out of the sky would be like. Thoughts?
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Bugbear in the Playground

Squishy.

Autochthon is about the size of Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar
    Two homebrewed knacks. Are there any glaring mechanical problems with them? Also, trying to decide what the prerequisites should be.
    I'm not good with Knacks, but they look okay to me. Wasn't there already a swarm Knack in DotFA, though? Or am I thinking of something else.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

28. - Top - End - #448

Then again, neither entity is perfectly flat. Sure would be a lot of wreckage, but I'm not exactly sure all of Creation's inhabitants would be dead.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. I don't have regular access to DotFA, but I don't think I saw it in there.
    Satomi by Elagune

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Isn't Autochthonia tube-shaped, like an O'Neill cylinder? If I'm right in thinking that, you could do something like dropping Autochthonia on top of the Elemental Pole of Earth and displacing it, causing relatively modest squishing destruction outside the Blessed Isle but probably massively screwing up geomancy, probably causing lots of earthquakes and general instability, and turning Earth Elementals across Creation steampunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    I think you need to drop the Enhanced keyword from this. The Enhanced keyword only belongs on the Hero styles, not on Sidereal Styles.
    Can do. I was thinking of adding a College-based benefit to each one, but I have no problem dropping that.

I also think this is a little on the low end of power for an Essence 4 effect. I suggest the following: Mortals just plain can't resist the attack, supernatural beings with an Essence less than the Sidereal's Essence can be compelled to attack but may pay Willpower to resist, the Sidereal joins in the coordinated attack and makes a single attack himself, and get rid of the maximum number of participants. If you can get 13 mortals near an Essence 10 Exalt in combat, you deserve to get all of their help.
    Makes sense to me. What about making the Cha + War roll unnecessary, letting the Sid join in, and compelling supernatural beings as you described, but still capping the number of participants?

First, I again think the Enhanced keyword is inappropriate here. Second, normally bonus successes do not count towards Charm dice limits. The Second Excellency is sort of an exception to the rule. Third, the first effect is very potent. Automatic unexpected attacks are lethal against anyone who does not have a paranoia Combo ready to roll.
    I'll have the bonus successes not count then. Should I allow a roll to avoid the unexpected attack rather than making it automatically unexpected?

Overall, very flavorful Charms. Going to write your own Sutra for these?
    Thanks! I'm planning to write my own Sutra; I'm not much of a poet, but it should be fun.