New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion II: No Longer Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Is there a background that gives you something along the lines of a Cohort granted by the leadership feat in DnD? Player in my game wants something like that, and right now I'm using the Ally background to represent it, but I was wondering if there was a better way. Not that the ally isn't as capable as a full exalt(it's a heroic mortal, most likely unenlightened), so it's not like the guys getting two full characters to play around with.
    Henchman from Dragon-Blooded gives Heroic Mortal Henchman.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

A mix of Command, Henchmen, and Retainers from MOEP: Dragonbloods would probably be the best emulation.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. That sounds like exactly what I need. And looking up, I have it detailed in Scroll of Heroes. Are there any special rules from Dragonblooded that I should know about.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. That sounds like exactly what I need. And looking up, I have it detailed in Scroll of Heroes. Are there any special rules from Dragonblooded that I should know about.
    Nope. No special rules.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Aw mans, does that mean I'd finally get to play my reasonably-benevolent Malefactor that Devil-Tigers into Old Testament God? That would make me so happy.
    These two phrases do not go together in the same sentence.
    Sure they do! I mean it depends on what exactly is meant by "Old Testament God", but if my memories of my religious education are accurate "reasonably-benevolent" describes him to a T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Compared to everything else at the time, yes he was. That's all I'm saying on this, because this shouldn't go any further on this forum.

In other new, interested. *goes to read recruitment thread*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #607
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    This was my logic on STing an Alchemicals game - players get to create one dynamic, interesting character to interact through. STs get a hundred.

Granted, this game also collapsed because I stopped posting, so...

I just want to take a minute to apologize to the players of that game. I was going through a lot of issues then. Still am, really. That, of course, doesn't excuse the fact that I let you all down, especially since I was harping on some of the players for doing that very thing. The fact that I haven't done this previously is also inexcusable. Ganurath, Ellas Aramond, DCGFTW, The Blue Guard, and Drascin - if you are reading this, you should know that you deserve better than what I gave you, and I humbly ask for your forgiveness.

I also have internet cookies. They're homeade.
    To be honest, what miffed me was not the fact that you had to go and cut the campaign dead - hey, real life sometimes is a bitch, I understand perfectly well - but that you disappeared without saying anything. Really, should just have left a message saying "sorry guys, can't ST anymore due to RL trouble" - everyone would have understood, seriously.

Still, hey, at least you apologized for that. So, don't worry, no harm done

Though, you forgot Tengu, who was also playing in that game. Might want to shoot him a message too.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2011-02-06 at 08:28 AM.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Henchman from Dragon-Blooded gives Heroic Mortal Henchman.
    better. put four dots in Henchmen give each of those heroic mortals five dots in Command and you get an army of 100,000 troops under your command.

it only gets more ridiculous if its possible for Henchmen themselves to have Henchmen.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    better. put four dots in Henchmen give each of those heroic mortals five dots in Command and you get an army of 100,000 troops under your command.

it only gets more ridiculous if its possible for Henchmen themselves to have Henchmen.
    Not under your command. Under your henchmen's command. It's an important distinction to make, since the chain of command tends to be imperfect (the soldiers won't necessarily listen to you if you don't command them through your henchmen, for example, and your henchmen might still disobey you from time to time).
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    Though, you forgot Tengu, who was also playing in that game. Might want to shoot him a message too.
    No, I don't think so. I mean, he was in the recruiting thread, but...
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Not under your command. Under your henchmen's command. It's an important distinction to make, since the chain of command tends to be imperfect (the soldiers won't necessarily listen to you if you don't command them through your henchmen, for example, and your henchmen might still disobey you from time to time).
    yes and you command your henchmen. under your command.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

Your henchmen aren't mindless slaves, though. They are people with their own dreams, hopes, motivations and needs. Sure, they'd rather follow you than not, but if you tell them something that goes against their personality, they are probably going to object.

You might be the general, but your henchmen are the commanders of your army. Those soldiers only take orders from your henchmen, and if your henchmen disagree with you, so will the soldiers.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Your henchmen aren't mindless slaves, though. They are people with their own dreams, hopes, motivations and needs. Sure, they'd rather follow you than not, but if you tell them something that goes against their personality, they are probably going to object.

You might be the general, but your henchmen are the commanders of your army. Those soldiers only take orders from your henchmen, and if your henchmen disagree with you, so will the soldiers.
    so? I'm Exalted and they are my characters.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

They are not. They are the ST's characters. Like I said, the chain of command is not perfect. You can only affect the immediate link. You have to go through that link to affect the next. Being Exalted makes it easier, but not automatic.
    I use black for sarcasm.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

They are not. They are the ST's characters. Like I said, the chain of command is not perfect. You can only affect the immediate link. You have to go through that link to affect the next. Being Exalted makes it easier, but not automatic.
    nope their mine, my background, whats the point of them if they are controlled by ST? I don't recall them being ST chars.

and Exalted not making it automatic? dude the lowest Exalts are considered enlightened Bodhisattva's. If they don't obey me they are contradicting a demigod who can smash their face in, who are expected to abuse their power.

My henchmen obey me, without question.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

nope their mine, my background, whats the point of them if they are controlled by ST? I don't recall them being ST chars.
    They are NPCs. Therefore, they are not PCs. Therefore, they are not controlled by players. You are a player. Therefore, you do not control NPCs.

and Exalted not making it automatic? dude the lowest Exalts are considered enlightened Bodhisattva's. If they don't obey me they are contradicting a demigod who can smash their face in, who are expected to abuse their power.

My henchmen obey me, without question.
    You know what happened when Solars acted like that the last time around? The Usurpation. And even before that, thousands of mortals and Terrestrials went against the rule of the Deliberative. So, feel free to smash your henchman's face in. Just don't expect him to stay a henchman for long.
    I use black for sarcasm.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

dude why so serious? I'm just pointing out that I want and can get an army of 100,000 troops under my control early, stop ruining the fun. the npcs would be detailed in my background anyways, so only I could roleplay them so the ST wouldn't be able to, cause only I can really roleplay them.

chill. Not really being serious here.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty sure TRD is right. Most STs will let you play your followers if you play them reasonably. But if you're using them as sheep who follow mindlessly... no ST will allow that unless the game is based on mass combat.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Pretty sure TRD is right. Most STs will let you play your followers if you play them reasonably. But if you're using them as sheep who follow mindlessly... no ST will allow that unless the game is based on mass combat.
    don't care. chill out. why take life seriously? why take anything seriously? the worlds a joke and your the punchline. You guys want a serious game. I just want to have fun with 100,000 troops at my command.

and if you really want to be serious about, I become a schemer and instead of threatening them out right, I keep the NPC's focused on each other in their own little game of internal politics, manipulating everything so that they follow my commands- whether it is obvious that they are my commands or not, which only makes things even MORE fun.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Banned

don't care. chill out. why take life seriously? why take anything seriously? the worlds a joke and your the punchline. You guys want a serious game. I just want to have fun with 100,000 troops at my command.

and if you really want to be serious about, I become a schemer and instead of threatening them out right, I keep the NPC's focused on each other in their own little game of internal politics, manipulating everything so that they follow my commands- whether it is obvious that they are my commands or not, which only makes things even MORE fun.
    Seriously?
    If you don't want a serious discussion of the rules, don't just insult people and go on a solipsist rant about how you don't take the game seriously.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    No, I don't think so. I mean, he was in the recruiting thread, but...
    Oh, right, damn. I got mixed with the other Alchemicals game I entered afterwards - which suffered the same fate as yours, in much the same way . Sorry there.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, looking at Authority Radiating Stance. Is this charm actually useful at essences below 6 or so? Seems that you'd just as easily tell the people you're interacting with that you have authority over them, and save a charm activation.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, looking at Authority Radiating Stance. Is this charm actually useful at essences below 6 or so? Seems that you'd just as easily tell the people you're interacting with that you have authority over them, and save a charm activation.
    Sure, and you could just as easily tell them the world is round. Doesn't mean they would believe it.
    I use black for sarcasm.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

Uh, that's not really how social combat works, is it? You're saying that you can't convince anyone anything without the use of charms?
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like to slightly overhaul the God-Blooded rules in Scroll of Heroes to add Dawn Errata-ish changes, to make the different types of God-Bloods more balanced against each other, and to clarify some things. Do these look like good improvements?

Spoiler
    Show
    Players receive four specialties to distribute amongst their character’s Abilities.
    Virtue dots may be purchased for 1 bonus point each. However, Willpower is calculated independently of Virtues.
    Characters begin with Willpower rated at 5. Willpower may be increased at a cost of 1 bonus point per dot.
    Characters may start with (Willpower + Compassion) Intimacies without spending bonus points.
    Charms cost 5 bonus points. (I'm considering making Half-Castes' charms still cost 7 bp, because they're generally better than spirit charms and arcanoi).
    Sorcery and Necromancy charms cost 7 bonus points.
    Half-Castes can learn Solar Hero Style, Dark Messiah Style, Throne Shadow Style, etc. like their parent Exalt.

Dragon-Touched are a thing again. They're heroic mortals from Dragon-Blooded families. You make them exactly like any other heroic mortals.

Actual godly God-Blooded and Half-Castes seem to have a significant leg up over the other types, since it's easier for them to recover Essence and their heritage abilities are much less situational. I'm not entirely sure what to do about that.

The Demon-Blooded "places of sin" thing is yeah. They should probably just regain Essence normally in Creation. They might also need a heritage power other than "Seeing demonic things" and less situational than "Not automatically dying in Malfeas"

Fae-Blooded seem completely screwed. Lacking GWM, I'm not really sure how to help them. Free Grace? Free Appearance dots? More Essence and the ability to respire Essence normally in Creation, because as written they're completely useless when away from the Wyld?

A lot of the mutations could use some cleanup and clarification, but that's separate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

27. - Top - End - #627

The thing about that is... many people take the game seriously, and if you come to the table with an attitude like that... Well, there aren't a lot of people who'll keep you around. Solipsism works great for characters, but not for people.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #628

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    Half-Castes can learn Solar Hero Style, Dark Messiah Style, Throne Shadow Style, etc. like their parent Exalt.
    My knee-jerk reaction is "Oh hell no, non-Exalts can't learn CMAs under any circumstances (except for spirits, doi)."

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    Dragon-Touched are a thing again. They're heroic mortals from Dragon-Blooded families. You make them exactly like any other heroic mortals.
    So what's special about them? What's the point of making one?
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2011-02-06 at 01:42 PM.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    My knee-jerk reaction is "Oh hell no, non-Exalts can't learn CMAs under any circumstances (except for spirits, doi)."
    My logic is that the hero styles aren't any more powerful than the rest of their parents' charms, and that it's a point that needs to be clarified. Do you think it's a bad idea?

So what's special about them? What's the point of making one?
    Nothing, just that they existed and were fairly plot-significant in 1E, some people got annoyed that Scroll of Heroes removed them, and it's a quick way to put the concept back in without massively changing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

So, it's just a name for non-exalted nobles of houses? Then what's the difference with the current set up?
    Satomi by Elagune