New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion II: No Longer Mortal

Okay, I'm going insane, and I have to ask.

Would anyone be willing to run a DB game? I've got a hankering to play an Immaculate martial artist and every game I'm in dies and leaves me sitting alone in an empty forum going "guys? Guys? I gave you a million chances beforehand to say you couldn't handle this, so I find the 17th iteration of 'midterms are harder than I thought' kind of unpalatable."
    Poor golly. I started one a while back.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Alright. I googled [Ezio "Night Caste"] and got five hits. One was this thread, three of them didn't seem like useful hits, but one of them was this thread on the Exalted forums where they muse on statting up the assassins from Assassin's Creed.
    I tried googling that a while ago (can't remember when) and I don't think I found anything. Might've been the extra search options (I assume that's what the inverted commas around Night Caste are for) I didn't use. Anyway, thanks for that link. If they didn't come up with a build I might try my hand at it. It'd give me an excuse to get some use out of Anathema (a character-builder) since it doesn't support 2e Lunars, Abyssals, Sidereals, Alchemicals or Infernals. Only Solars and Dragon-Blooded so far. I think it's got all of them covered for first edition, but not second.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFighter15 View Post
    I tried googling that a while ago (can't remember when) and I don't think I found anything. Might've been the extra search options (I assume that's what the inverted commas around Night Caste are for) I didn't use. Anyway, thanks for that link. If they didn't come up with a build I might try my hand at it. It'd give me an excuse to get some use out of Anathema (a character-builder) since it doesn't support 2e Lunars, Abyssals, Sidereals, Alchemicals or Infernals. Only Solars and Dragon-Blooded so far. I think it's got all of them covered for first edition, but not second.
    Anathema hasn't been updated for the new char-gen rules, so it's even more worthless at the moment.

As for statting Ezio, I think I can do a good job. All you really need to do is find an artifact that replicates his hidden blades (There's one that fits perfectly in MoEP: Alchemicals), then go Night Caste and max Larceny, Awareness, and Athletics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Anathema hasn't been updated for the new char-gen rules, so it's even more worthless at the moment.

As for statting Ezio, I think I can do a good job. All you really need to do is find an artifact that replicates his hidden blades (There's one that fits perfectly in MoEP: Alchemicals), then go Night Caste and max Larceny, Awareness, and Athletics.
    Actually; as of the 14th of November, everything that was in the Scroll of Errata (including all of the Dawn Solution stuff) was included. Says so right there in the news: http://anathema.sourceforge.net/ Solars and Dragon-Blooded have templates using the new character creation rules marked as Revised.

And the Alchemical artefact you're thinking of; is that the one where the picture shows the gauntlet and a knife in the user's hand? Because that's actually a throwing knife dispenser/sheath.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

You can also make melee attacks with them, so it's just a matter of a very simple stunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66

True, but the knives from the bracer lack hilts and I imagine that a professional assassin - Exalt or no - would rather keep his fingers.

EDIT: I'd rather homebrew it or just use the stats for a switch-klaive and add an extra rule or two for concealment (unless the switch-klaive already has concealment rules, now to remember what book it was in).

EDIT2: Found the switchklave; Wonders of the Lost Age, page 76. Looks about right for a hidden blade basis, just need to tack on a few rules for extending and retracting it and it should look fine.

Shame I'm totally stumped on said rules.
    Last edited by ShadowFighter15; 2011-01-19 at 05:37 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

True, but the knives from the bracer lack hilts and I imagine that a professional assassin - Exalt or no - would rather keep his fingers.

EDIT: I'd rather homebrew it or just use the stats for a switch-klaive and add an extra rule or two for concealment (unless the switch-klaive already has concealment rules, now to remember what book it was in).
    What the edit said, basically.

As for his skills? Thrown and Melee, I wouldn't go for more than that because that becomes a Dawn Caste with Night Caste abilities.

If we're talking Brotherhood Ezio, then he has to has Followers and Allies. But then again, Brotherhood Ezio would have a lot of exp points.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #68

I'm thinking of using Ezio as he was when he killed Vieri De'Pazzi as the base. He'd need a few dots in melee too, wouldn't he? He was still a skilled swordsman when it came right down to it. Plus he'd have to use that skill for any attacks with the hidden blades, even for a surprise assassination.

EDIT: Nevermind; I'm blind.
    Last edited by ShadowFighter15; 2011-01-19 at 05:41 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

I'm thinking of using Ezio as he was when he killed Vieri De'Pazzi as the base. He'd need a few dots in melee too, wouldn't he? He was still a skilled swordsman when it came right down to it. Plus he'd have to use that skill for any attacks with the hidden blades, even for a surprise assassination.

EDIT: Nevermind; I'm blind.
    Keep in mind: I have never played Assassin's Creed, nor any game associated with it. I have never seen anyone play it, nor have I ever seen a trailer, cinematic, nor gameplay video of it. In fact, I didn't even know the name "Ezio" before you mentioned it (before then, I was firmly in the "I think Assassin's Creed is a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything" camp).

But, if this guy's main shtick is, for instance, Thrown, but you need the occasional Melee stab, or Martial Arts grapple, or War coordinated attack or what-have-you, then the charm Supreme Martial Instinct is right up your alley. It's a permanent War 4, Essence 3 charm that allows you to spend 1m, 1wp (this doesn't count as a charm activation) to count your highest of Melee/Archery/Thrown/Martial Arts/War as the stat for all of them, plus it allows you to use your Excellencies for that ability on the others as well, until your next turn.

(So, if "Ezio" has a Thrown of 5, he can use it to get Melee 5, Archery 5, Martial Arts 5, and War 5 until his next turn, plus use his Thrown Excellencies to augment his Melee, Archery, Martial Arts, and War actions.)

10. - Top - End - #70

Well thrown isn't that much of a thing with Ezio. Through the whole of Assassin's Creed 2, the only ranged weapons he gets are throwing knives and a concealable pistol (awfully advanced for the 1480s but where the design comes from makes perfect sense). In AC: Brotherhood (Ezio's other main game) he also got poison darts and a crossbow.

At the point in the game I mentioned; Ezio had a longsword, a short sword, the two hidden blades he's shown with in promotional artwork and some throwing knives. He's a skilled swordsman and a natural at moving undetected through crowds as well as a top-class free-runner.

So from that; all I've worked out for Abilities is decent Thrown, high Melee, high Stealth and high Athletics. Perception too because of Eagle Vision (and an assassin who doesn't notice much of what's going on around him doesn't last long).

EDIT: Not sure how often he'd use War and I'm not too familiar with War Charms beyond the one you mentioned and only because you told me about it.
    Last edited by ShadowFighter15; 2011-01-19 at 06:08 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Perception, yes.

Larceny too. Remember, he does pickpocket.

I think you're right otherwise, though.

I do NOT believe he would use War. Possibly the training Charms in that tree IF we're talking Brotherhood Ezio, but otherwise, not really.

EDIT: Oh, right, Ink Monkeys.

While that's more used for the Dawn Castes, on reflection I think you're right.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-01-19 at 06:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Perception, yes.

Larceny too. Remember, he does pickpocket.

I think you're right otherwise, though.

I do NOT believe he would use War. Possibly the training Charms in that tree IF we're talking Brotherhood Ezio, but otherwise, not really.
    Gah; how could I forget Larceny? That was one of my main source of income before the execution. Mainly because you didn't get Notoriety for it and I could walk right through a crowd of people and come out with all of their money.

That'd take, what, four dots to pull off in Exalted?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

So, anyone know good alchemical charms for breaking clinches? My character (jade-caste brick) is plenty tough, but his low DVs mean that small children can clinch him into immobility with only a little effort.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the one that links to Dex + MA and makes sure I always have maximum MA. That would help with DVs and clinch escapes both, and has the advantage of not having any prereqs (I think).

Anyone know any others?
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

(Somewhere, The Rose Dragon is gaining resonance.)
    I don't have a Limit Track. I can't really gain Resonance.

((Though I can enter DRAGON KING RAGE!))
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Really? With how much you like them, we thought you were an abyssal.
    Or a deathlord.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

No, I'm pretty sure I'm an Anklok.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

That is kinda interesting. So, the only confirmed fetich kills are Malfeas, Adorjan, and Szorney - but the other Yozi are different from their pre-War selves because they lost plain ol' Third Circle Souls. That does make the Unconquered Sun creation story quite spooky.
    Huh? What does it change from before?

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Well, if you use the Dreams of the First Age(revised) ones you get most of the new rules, but yeah, it's still not that useful.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

18. - Top - End - #78
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I don't have a Limit Track. I can't really gain Resonance.

((Though I can enter DRAGON KING RAGE!))
    Is that like BROOKLYN RAGE?

And I vaguely remember an Ezio expy applying to a game a while ago.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    And I vaguely remember an Ezio expy applying to a game a while ago.
    That was me. The thread on White Wolf forums was also me. I used black widow razors for the hidden blades, if anyone is wondering.
    I use black for sarcasm.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Poor golly. I started one a while back.
    Could I join?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

You can always beg the ST?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Just to let people know, Anathema does now work with the newest Exalted Character generation guidelines. At least, for solars. Just choose Solar Exalted(revised).
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Huh. Just to let people know, Anathema does now work with the newest Exalted Character generation guidelines. At least, for solars. Just choose Solar Exalted(revised).
    Huh. Do they have infernals or alchemicals yet?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

No. At the moment it only has Solars, Dragonblooded, and Mortals. I think on the website it lists Abyssals as the next projected add on.
    Satomi by Elagune

25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground

I remember The Rose Dragon suggested a Pokemon expy campaign a while back. Can't remember if there is still any interest, but it will be homebrewed! (Tomorrow.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure about others, but I'm still interested.

Also, does bureaucracy actually do anything in the game? Or is it entirely dependent on the St?
    Satomi by Elagune

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, does bureaucracy actually do anything in the game? Or is it entirely dependent on the St?
    As exists? It's mostly used by ghosts, who can use it as a combat ability with some Arcanoi. Otherwise, its whatever you can get out of your Storyteller.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Well, there are dramatic rules for using it to evaluate goods. So, I guess it might be good for an Exalt who is 1) worried about money 2) predisposed towards seeking it through mercantile channels instead of, say, adventuring and 3) doesn't have one of those easy ways to get infinite munnies.

It is implied to be used for anything involving bribery, business, money, or that sort of thing. I think it's fairly important for Sidereals not to go to Super Jail for using their charms, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar
    Huh? What does it change from before?
    The description of how a Primordial spits out a fetich soul and the story of how The Shadow That Was spat out the Unconquered Sun are very similar. Previously, I thought the connection would be invalidated by the fact that The Shadow That Was suffered fetich death to become the Ebon Dragon, yet Sol still lived. However, now I know that the Ebon Dragon has never suffered fetich death.

Given the Ebon Dragon's fascination with antagonism, it doesn't seem a huge leap to have his fetich defined as the purest possible antagonism to himself. He is a shadow, and his core is light to cast that shadow.

It's still unlikely; but kind of a cool theory.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

The description of how a Primordial spits out a fetich soul and the story of how The Shadow That Was spat out the Unconquered Sun are very similar. Previously, I thought the connection would be invalidated by the fact that The Shadow That Was suffered fetich death to become the Ebon Dragon, yet Sol still lived. However, now I know that the Ebon Dragon has never suffered fetich death.

Given the Ebon Dragon's fascination with antagonism, it doesn't seem a huge leap to have his fetich defined as the purest possible antagonism to himself. He is a shadow, and his core is light to cast that shadow.

It's still unlikely; but kind of a cool theory.
    The Unconquered Sun was created by he who became Malfeas, at the urging of the Dragon's Shadow.
    I use black for sarcasm.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

It's still an awesome, awesome theory.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.