New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.P] The Summoner's Handbook: A Guide to the Pathfinder Summoner

Quote Originally Posted by Larpus View Post
    But as crazy awesome as that may seem, they're not grossly overpowered because a single use of any abilities that banishes outsiders can seriously mess them up, bad.
    Which is why Summon Eidolon, with it's duration of "longer than the combat will last" is a very, very good choice for one of any given Summoner's known spells. (after combat it's "hey guys, I need a ten minute breather here to resummon properly"). Ambush at night? Same thing. Etc.

EDIT: Also, they're half-casters, so they're far from "Druid broken".
    Half casters with discounted spells. They actually get some spells earlier than wizards, have normal access to at least what would be eighths, get Gate as a SLA 3+CHA times per day, and are a CHA-focused class with UMD as a class skill (and if Synthesists, they can take a 1pt evolution to get an extra +8 to those checks). Not quite druid power, but pretty darned good. That gate especially... no material component, very high uses per day, 1min/rd duration without needing to go to the "negotiate and pay for a longer service" clause... Yeah. That's one of those "class features stronger than entire classes" abilities, right there. Dungeon crawling? No thanks, I have summons for that.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

@Eduhero
    That's the trade of the Synthesist, however it's the only type of Summoner that can truly multiclass and not suck and couple levels in Synthesist gets you physical ability scores much better than you can get otherwise with a normal character. Also, since the Eidolon uses your saves, in case you went quad (bad Will) now it's much harder to mess you up since Will is a good save for you (and by dumping physicals you can get to have a decent-high Wis).

It's all a trade, it'll be worthy for some but useless to others, depends on how you look at it and what you plan to do.

Also don't shun at their spell selection and the SpA Summon Monster, both of which are far from useless.

If you look at everything 100% by mechanical standards, there is no reason to play anything but a Druid, Cleric and maybe a Wizard.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Which is why Summon Eidolon, with it's duration of "longer than the combat will last" is a very, very good choice for one of any given Summoner's known spells. (after combat it's "hey guys, I need a ten minute breather here to resummon properly"). Ambush at night? Same thing. Etc.

Half casters with discounted spells. They actually get some spells earlier than wizards, have normal access to at least what would be eighths, get Gate as a SLA 3+CHA times per day, and are a CHA-focused class with UMD as a class skill (and if Synthesists, they can take a 1pt evolution to get an extra +8 to those checks). Not quite druid power, but pretty darned good. That gate especially... no material component, very high uses per day, 1min/rd duration without needing to go to the "negotiate and pay for a longer service" clause... Yeah. That's one of those "class features stronger than entire classes" abilities, right there. Dungeon crawling? No thanks, I have summons for that.
    Well, I never said they weren't broken, though yeah, I forgot about Gate, that one is just the good type of wrong.
    Last edited by Larpus; 2011-10-31 at 11:27 AM.

3. - Top - End - #333

This is... rather Schroedinger's post, because it shows up when I go to post but not when I read the thread. So... sorry for the possible double post.

Originally Posted by Larpus
    But as crazy awesome as that may seem, they're not grossly overpowered because a single use of any abilities that banishes outsiders can seriously mess them up, bad.

EDIT: Also, they're half-casters, so they're far from "Druid broken".

And adding...

and i realy think that summoner its a powerless class....
    Okay, let's take the 20th level, straight summoner. 30CHA is honestly pretty low, but we'll go with that. That's Gating in Balors thirteen times per day, for free, on the short service clause for 20min of service each. Actually, it looks like you could get them two at a time, they way PF words the spell. Boost your caster level a bit and substitute Solars. Alternatively, summon four efreetis at a time, for free, 13times/day, for three wishes each time. 36+12xCHA mod wishes per day for free is... a little broken. That's one ability, and they can go back to using their customized and optimized eidolon ("hey, lets make a custom item of permanent greater evolution surge!") when that's burned through. Sitting at home in their custom demiplane (they get spells for that)... yeah.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Okay, let's take the 20th level, straight summoner. 30CHA is honestly pretty low, but we'll go with that. That's Gating in Balors thirteen times per day, for free, on the short service clause for 20min of service each. Actually, it looks like you could get them two at a time, they way PF words the spell. Boost your caster level a bit and substitute Solars. Alternatively, summon four efreetis at a time, for free, 13times/day, for three wishes each time. 36+12xCHA mod wishes per day for free is... a little broken. That's one ability, and they can go back to using their customized and optimized eidolon ("hey, lets make a custom item of permanent greater evolution surge!") when that's burned through. Sitting at home in their custom demiplane (they get spells for that)... yeah.
    I am reading the PFSRD and I see:

Summon Monster I (Sp)

Starting at 1st level, a summoner can cast summon monster I as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. Drawing upon this ability uses up the same power as the summoner uses to call his eidolon. As a result, he can only use this ability when his eidolon is not summoned. He can cast this spell as a standard action and the creatures remain for 1 minute per level (instead of 1 round per level). At 3rd level, and every 2 levels thereafter, the power of this ability increases by one spell level, allowing him to summon more powerful creatures (to a maximum of summon monster IX at 17th level). At 19th level, this ability can be used as gate or summon monster IX. If used as gate, the summoner must pay any required material components. A summoner cannot have more than one summon monster or gate spell active in this way at one time. If this ability is used again, any existing summon monster or gate immediately ends. These summon spells are considered to be part of his spell list for the purposes of spell trigger and spell completion items. In addition, he can expend uses of this ability to fufill the construction requirements of any magic item he creates, so long as he can use this ability to cast the required spell.

Is that a recent change from the book then?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

The rend damage on the "Killer Centaur" Eidolon build appears to be off.

The build entry says "rend 2d6+21 if two or more claws hit", when it should read "rend 2d6+16 if two or more claws hit".

The spoiler is the math and some examples to justify my position. If I'm wrong, let me know using a well-reasoned post with examples. I'd love to do extra damage with my Eidolon... glass cannons are FUN!

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming +10 strength, and Greater Magic Fang (the +1 enhancement bonus to hit and damage for all natural attacks version, instead of the scaling bonus to a single attack), you would do 2d6+1+(10 x 1.5)= 2d6+16, not 2d6+21.

The relevant rules text from d20pfsrd.com, on the Eidolon page:
    Quote Originally Posted by D20PFSRD.com
    Rend (Ex)

An eidolon learns to rip and tear the flesh of those it attacks with its claws, gaining the rend ability. Whenever the eidolon makes two successful claw attacks against the same target in 1 round, its claws latch onto the flesh and deal extra damage. This damage is equal to the damage dealt by one claw attack plus 1-1/2 times the eidolon’s Strength modifier. The eidolon must possess the claws evolution to select this evolution. The summoner must be at least 6th level before selecting this evolution.
    The only way I get 2d6+21 is to use 2x strength bonus, and GMF... which makes a little bit of sense, but isn't backed up by any stat blocks of monsters that I found in my bestiary.

Code:
    Dire Ape
     STR bonus: +4  & Rend: +6
    Glabrezu
     STR bonus: +10 & Rend: +15 (Killer Centaur should have this without GMF)
    Girallon
    Troll
     STR bonus: +5  & Rend: +7
    Yeti

6. - Top - End - #336

Planetar

Say, do you have any advice for an Evolutionist? Specifically for my eidolon, though any other bits of random advice (other than Don't do it, as it really fits the character idea I have in mind) would be accepted. I am at something of a loss about what feats to take.

(Sorry for the semi-necro, but I think it's more allowed with these handbooks?)
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Barbarian in the Playground

Something I didn't see when reading the handbook was the idea of using all your eidolon's evolutions for yourself and just relying on your summon monster abilities/Buffs/Debuffs.

If you use the evolution that allows you to spend 2 evolution points to increase an attribute by 2 you can buff your caster's strength and con fairly decently to provide a moderately useful gish with major buffing/debuffing capabilities.

Thoughts?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avy by spectralphoenix

Sammael, Aasimar Blackguard

Avys by Neoseph07

Astaroth, Human Lich Dragon Disciple

Jophiel, Gray Elf Mystic Theurge

<--Naamah Vampire Illusionist

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Vemynal View Post
    Something I didn't see when reading the handbook was the idea of using all your eidolon's evolutions for yourself and just relying on your summon monster abilities/Buffs/Debuffs.

If you use the evolution that allows you to spend 2 evolution points to increase an attribute by 2 you can buff your caster's strength and con fairly decently to provide a moderately useful gish with major buffing/debuffing capabilities.

Thoughts?
    This can really only be done by using aspect and greater aspect. They allow for 2 evolution points and 6 evolution points. I'd rather pump up charisma with those though to give a little boost to dcs and bonus spells.

The other option is synthesist which allows you to make full use of all evolution points but denies the use of your summoning ability most of the time and also reduces the action economy power of the class. Good tanking ability for a gish though if that's what you want.

Edit-@Fayd: Evolutionist isn't really that much different from the main class. You lose out on mobility and some defensive power and gain a little free flexibility. I'd say it's not really worth it but if you're set on it just remember that mounting your eidolon is a little different. Being mounted helps you regain a little of that lost mobility but also leaves you even more vulnerable than a normal mounted summoner if only by a little bit.
    Last edited by MightyPirate; 2011-11-13 at 03:56 AM.

9. - Top - End - #339

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPirate View Post
    Edit-@Fayd: Evolutionist isn't really that much different from the main class. You lose out on mobility and some defensive power and gain a little free flexibility. I'd say it's not really worth it but if you're set on it just remember that mounting your eidolon is a little different. Being mounted helps you regain a little of that lost mobility but also leaves you even more vulnerable than a normal mounted summoner if only by a little bit.
    Thanks... yeah, I know that I loose a little (ok, lot) of mobility, but it fits what I want to do rather well. Do you have suggestions for Feats for the Eidolon in this case where it will be supremely flexible? I don't think, after all, that I'll be able to swap feats around (or the permanent ability score increases, for that matter...)
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vemynal View Post

Thoughts?
    You cannot do that. It is specifically NOT allowed.
    Any/all other evolution powers are fair game for Aspect, but not Ability increase.

And you CANNOT use Synthesist to get Mental Stat gains either.
    The ability adds to the Eidolon's scores, the Eidolon's Physical scores replace your own, but NOT its Mental Scores. So while you 'can' boost your Eidolon's Charisma, it will do you absolutely no good.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, new Summoner Archetype: First Worlder

For them Druid-type Summoners, apparently. I don't recall how SNA compares to SM these days but the extra fey summons may make this useful. The Eidolon is definitely more geared towards Skillodon now, especially now with Poor BAB and UMD on the list. Thoughts?
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

12. - Top - End - #342

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Hmm, new Summoner Archetype: First Worlder

For them Druid-type Summoners, apparently. I don't recall how SNA compares to SM these days but the extra fey summons may make this useful. The Eidolon is definitely more geared towards Skillodon now, especially now with Poor BAB and UMD on the list. Thoughts?
    Absolutely terrible. The class sacrifices most of its eidolons power in return for a few flavor abilities. Do not take.
    Prestige Bard, updated for Pathfinder.

Revamped Spell Resistance system, for use with Spell Points/Psionics.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    Thanks... yeah, I know that I loose a little (ok, lot) of mobility, but it fits what I want to do rather well. Do you have suggestions for Feats for the Eidolon in this case where it will be supremely flexible? I don't think, after all, that I'll be able to swap feats around (or the permanent ability score increases, for that matter...)
    Sure, that's easy you just want flexible feats for a flexible character. Just looking at the handbook we see some good options. Power Attack, Improved Initiative, Lunge, and Combat Reflexes will be valuable in just about any form.

Avoid Improved Natural attack, Ability Focus, Weapon Proficiencies, Weapon focus, and Improved Critical. The reason you avoid these is because you may be changing weapons and they all only apply to one.

Also consider the basic magic evolution to snag Arcane Strike on your eidolon. It only goes up to +4 but if you're not doing anything else with those swift actions it could be a good pick.

Edit: Also your ability increases are probably best used on constitution and intelligence. Any form will benefit from these. If you get inherent bonuses to your eidolon's abilities you can use that last point to even out whatever stat it is you're boosting.

-

First Worlder is really kinda sad. The unicorn is a nice addition and the pixie could be interesting if it has irresistible dance or some other powerful magic as suggested in it's description. It's usually on Summon Nature's Ally IX. Bit confused on why you get a Satyr added to SNA V when it's already on SNA IV. Overall I'm liking Summon Monster over SNA. They get most of the best stuff off of SNA and then more interesting options as well. The best abilities of the creatures that get added are kinda nerfed by being summons as well (no summoning spells or teleportation effects allowed). I still like the nymph anyway though for the . . . special abilities.

I love the concept of skill-dolon as well. Made a synthesist pouncer/skill-dolon for my current game in fact. Only thing is First Worlder doesn't give you enough in return for what you lose. Remember you can normally pick 4 class skills for your eidolon at first level in addition to what they normally get. The First World Eidolon has a nice list but they still lose out if you want something that's not there (Intimidate?) where a regular Eidolon can just snag it anyway. I'd say it would be more interesting if they had better base mental stats, more skill per level, and maybe even some minor casting ability above and beyond the normal eidolon scope.
    Last edited by MightyPirate; 2011-11-13 at 11:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Curious View Post
    Absolutely terrible. The class sacrifices most of its eidolons power in return for a few flavor abilities. Do not take.
    It works for a skilldolon I guess. If the DM lets you pair it with Master Summoner (either for half advancement or no Eidolon), it has interest in pure P (vs 3.P) as SNA has feat support summon monster lacks.

It's still a one trick pony and not as good.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    It works for a skilldolon I guess. If the DM lets you pair it with Master Summoner (either for half advancement or no Eidolon), it has interest in pure P (vs 3.P) as SNA has feat support summon monster lacks.

It's still a one trick pony and not as good.
    By RAW, the Evolutionist is the only Archetype you can pair First Worlder with.

But I don't see much harm in allowing Master Summoner to stack with it anyway.
    [retired]

Oradin Guide

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Hence "if the DM lets you".

17. - Top - End - #347
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    And you CANNOT use Synthesist to get Mental Stat gains either.
    The ability adds to the Eidolon's scores, the Eidolon's Physical scores replace your own, but NOT its Mental Scores. So while you 'can' boost your Eidolon's Charisma, it will do you absolutely no good.
    At Synthesist description you get the evolution points that your Eidolon's have, so if you use some evolution points to increase an Mental Stat, at my point of view this increase the Mental Stat of Summoner

Well i have been thinking of doing a (Synthesist lvl1/Monk lvl10)...
    but i dont know what i lose to have two class, and i need to read about monk classe, some suggestion? and bard?
    Last edited by Eduhero; 2011-11-14 at 06:55 AM.

18. - Top - End - #348

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Eduhero View Post
    At Synthesist description you get the evolution points that your Eidolon's have, so if you use some evolution points to increase an Mental Stat, at my point of view this increase the Mental Stat of Summoner
    It specifically points out that only physical ability scores are replaced.
    Prestige Bard, updated for Pathfinder.

Revamped Spell Resistance system, for use with Spell Points/Psionics.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eduhero View Post
    I believe they covered this in the FAQ.
    A Summoner, can NOT under ANY circumstances use an Ability score increase to benefit himself.
    [retired]

Oradin Guide

20. - Top - End - #350

Planetar

MightyPirate, thank you very much. That's very helpful advice!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Saph: is it possible to make a "3.5 recommended feats" section?
    Welcome to the Internet where opinions are facts and sources don't matter!
    I GOT A 4

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Question: I read over the Summoner class in APG, but I can't for the life of me find anywhere that says the Eidolon is proficient with Shields. Also, I can't find anywhere in the APG talking about item slots with Eidolons, or how the Eidolon and the Summoner both use the Summoner's item slots.

Where are these actually stated?

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Question: I read over the Summoner class in APG, but I can't for the life of me find anywhere that says the Eidolon is proficient with Shields. Also, I can't find anywhere in the APG talking about item slots with Eidolons, or how the Eidolon and the Summoner both use the Summoner's item slots.

Where are these actually stated?
    The Sharing Items bit is part of the Link special ability of the Eidolon.

As for the Proficiencies, since Eidolons don't come with armor equipped, they aren't proficient with its use and by extension with shields, as per the Outsider type.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    Shield: Eidolons can use shields, but you're unlikely to have a spare hand.
    So why was Saph saying that?

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    So why was Saph saying that?
    Saph says they can use shields, not that they're proficient with them. Like with manufactured weapons and Eidolons, they don't come naturally proficient. You'll either have to sink a feat into Shield Proficiency or grab a +0 ACP shield, like a MW Buckler or something.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

26. - Top - End - #356

Planetar

Question: Any ideas for feats if we have access to 3.5 material as well?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357

Does anyone mind taking a look at an evolution guide I sketched out for my Synthesist? The character concept was that he was so frail and clumsy as a child that his evil Lord of a father spent a bunch of money experimenting on him to make him stronger and faster. Eventually he had a bunch of wires and diodes and electrical doohickies installed into his body, and then summoned a powerful lightning elemental and made a pact with it to have it power the implants, so that the Synthesist is now a sparking, ridiculously strong frankenstein monster when the spirit is summoned into him. I was planning on giving him either that dwarven metal-ball-onna-chain weapon or a Piston Hammer for his weapon... Anyway, I'd be happy to listen to any tweaks or suggestions you think I should make.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor

Level 2
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor
    Resistance (fire)

Level 3
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor
    Ability Increase (str)

Level 4
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor
    Ability Increase (str)
    Ability Increase (Con)

Level 5
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor(2)
    Ability Increase (str)
    Ability Increase (Con)

Level 6
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Ability Increase (str)
    Ability Increase (Con)
    Resistance (Fire)

Level 7
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Ability Increase (str)
    Ability Increase (Con)
    Resistance (Fire)

Level 8
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Minor Magic (Vanish)

Level 9
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Damage Reduction
    Skilled (Stealth)

Level 10
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor(3)
    Large
    Damage Reduction
    Skilled (Stealth)

Level 11
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Damage Reduction
    Minor Magic (Vanish)

Level 12
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Damage Reduction(Improved)
    Skilled (Stealth)

Level 13
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Minor Magic (Vanish)

Level 14
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Minor Magic (Vanish)

Level 15
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Minor Magic (Vanish)(Improved)

Level 16
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor(4)
    Large
    Major Magic (Invisibility)(Improved)

Level 17
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Skilled (stealth)

Level 18
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Minor Magic(Vanish)

Level 19
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Ultimate Magic (Lightning Bolt)

Level 20
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor(5)
    Large
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crasical View Post
    Does anyone mind taking a look at an evolution guide I sketched out for my Synthesist? The character concept was that he was so frail and clumsy as a child that his evil Lord of a father spent a bunch of money experimenting on him to make him stronger and faster. Eventually he had a bunch of wires and diodes and electrical doohickies installed into his body, and then summoned a powerful lightning elemental and made a pact with it to have it power the implants, so that the Synthesist is now a sparking, ridiculously strong frankenstein monster when the spirit is summoned into him. I was planning on giving him either that dwarven metal-ball-onna-chain weapon or a Piston Hammer for his weapon... Anyway, I'd be happy to listen to any tweaks or suggestions you think I should make.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor

Level 2
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor
    Resistance (fire)

Level 3
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor
    Ability Increase (str)

Level 4
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor
    Ability Increase (str)
    Ability Increase (Con)

Level 5
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Ability Increase (str)
    Ability Increase (Con)

Level 6
    Unnatural Aura
    Resistance (electricity)
    Ability Increase (str)
    Ability Increase (Con)
    Resistance (Fire)

Level 7
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Ability Increase (str)
    Ability Increase (Con)
    Resistance (Fire)

Level 8
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Minor Magic (Vanish)

Level 9
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Damage Reduction
    Skilled (Stealth)

Level 10
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Damage Reduction
    Skilled (Stealth)

Level 11
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Damage Reduction
    Minor Magic (Vanish)

Level 12
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Skilled (Stealth)

Level 13
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Minor Magic (Vanish)

Level 14
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Minor Magic (Vanish)

Level 15
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Minor Magic (Vanish)(Improved)

Level 16
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large

Level 17
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Skilled (stealth)

Level 18
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large
    Minor Magic(Vanish)

Level 19
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Large

Level 20
    Unnatural Aura
    Immunity (electricity)
    Improved Natural Armor(5)
    Large
    The major problem I see is that you have Minor Magic tree without the prerequisite Basic Magic or, later, Minor Magic. You have to satisfy those prerequisites before going up the tree, i.e. have Basic before Minor, Minor before Major and Major before Ultimate.

As for the build itself, it seems very...thematic as opposed to necessarily effective. I mean, Electricity Resistance at level 1 doesn't help over much when there's hardly anything throwing around throwing it around. I'd build on the Frankenstein theme by picking up Slam and Energy Attack so you have a secondary natural attack to go with your weapon attacks.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

29. - Top - End - #359

The major problem I see is that you have Minor Magic tree without the prerequisite Basic Magic or, later, Minor Magic. You have to satisfy those prerequisites before going up the tree, i.e. have Basic before Minor, Minor before Major and Major before Ultimate.
    Oh, whoops. Alright, gotta fix that.

As for the build itself, it seems very...thematic as opposed to necessarily effective. I mean, Electricity Resistance at level 1 doesn't help over much when there's hardly anything throwing around throwing it around. I'd build on the Frankenstein theme by picking up Slam and Energy Attack so you have a secondary natural attack to go with your weapon attacks.
    Yeah, after seeing the recommended offensive evolutions for a Slugger build, It mostly boiled down to 'pump your str score, get reach, get large'. I'm a little wary of increasing my size above Large, for fear of meeting my nemesis in 5-foot corridors, and I can pop Enlarge Person when there's room to become huge if I want. I'm not really sure if my DM would accept that 'Weapon' is an acceptable choice for the Reach evolution, so I didn't take that... all that was left was thematic and defensive evolutions.

Anyway. I'm not sure I can use Slam, since my hands will already be full with a 2-handed weapon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crasical View Post
    Anyway. I'm not sure I can use Slam, since my hands will already be full with a 2-handed weapon...
    Slams aren't limited to your hands, any more than unarmed strikes are.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!