Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nexus] Random Places and Plots 2 (meta thread)

This is a thread for plots not large enough to need a separate thread, or locations that don't fit anywhere else. If you'd like a location permanently indexed in the first post, PM me.

Longer lasting or more serious plots might fit better in the Srs Plots thread. Lulzy plots go here. If you aren't sure which thread fits your plot best, then just pick whichever one is less busy at the time.

Rules:
    1. Use [Location Tags] or [Plot Tags] on your posts.
    2. Each Location or Plot is under the control of its creator.
    3. Play nice.

Archives:
    Random Places and Plots 1
    In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these.
    ~Paul Harvey

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    Interested in Nexus FFRP? Read here and here then dive in. Newcomers welcome.
    My Characters | Nexus Digest 78 | Formspring Index | Objects
    Stories | Smile! | Smile Big!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 2 (meta thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Project_Mayhem View Post
    [World of Darkness]

[Raz's London apartment]

Right. We need to go and speak to my contact, Ian ... But first I need to pick up some gear from the library.

He picks up his bag again, and goes to the door.

Oh ... just to warn you, this is probably going to be some serious culture shock. Ready?
    [World of Darkness]

Raz's London apartment

"What's a culture shock?" Atoya asks, following Raz out of the door...

And slamming face-first into 21st century London.

"...Oh..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Avatars below thanks to the amazing Ceika!

Current Avatar done by me.

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm just the token penguin on the team.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you think you know me well enough, or just want to chat, PM me for my Skype info sometime!

Warning: May contain high traces of Aussie

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

[World of Darkness]

[London Streets]

It's the middle of the day. People, cars, Boris Johnson's new paybikes, and more, bustle past through the street. To medieval Atoya, the noise is probably like being punched

Raz smirks seeing her discomfort, and takes her arm

Everything still ok?

Raz's formspring

You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

[World of Darkness]

[Raz's London apartment]

"Wh-
    Sure! Yeah!
    I, uh...
    Yeah.

I'm fine..."

Atoya keeps her voice low, so all the monsters don't hear her.

"So, um... to the library?"

She looks around, confused as to how there could be a library in all of this.

This was more than Chaos... this was a thunderstorm set on fire by the Gods and blasted into the face of the poor young woman.

The city she came from covered more area than this one, no doubt... but even in the middle of the day, during the annual Winter Solstice celebration, she had never seen so many busy people doing confusing things.

On man appeared to be talking to himself after a bee stung his ear, causing him to hold it. Another was being tortured by a device blasting strange noise in all directions causing him to writhe on the ground in an odd fashion, and then there were the monsters.

Raz hadn't mentioned monsters.

Large, shiny metal ones, indestructible and fast... all over the place.
    They seemed to coexist with the humans here, and some of them were even sleeping next to the road...

Atoya could see their insides through their transparent hides.

It made her sick.

She managed to hide most of this from her face, however, just getting a fair bit paler than usual, and prepared to follow Raz wherever he led her.

He lived here, he knew how to avoid the roaring beasts...
    Last edited by V'icternus; 2011-01-25 at 12:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    If you think you know me well enough, or just want to chat, PM me for my Skype info sometime!

5. - Top - End - #5

Raz leads her through the streets for about 2 minutes, taking the opportunity to pick a few pockets as he goes, almost out of habit. they arrive at a door, with a deep staircase going down, beneath a sign like this:

Spoiler
    Show

Raz checks on his charge.

Still OK? Just taking the tube. I'd teleport normally, but I wanna keep a lower profile. Uh, this place might be intense.

And he leads her into the underground

=D

Raz's formspring

You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Road]

Zanny, Becky and Moff had no luck in Darcy's home village, apparently they hadn't seen her in a year or more and had no clue where she might be.

However as they are walking the road back from the village they can see a small creature walking on the road as well, coming towards them.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[World of Darkness]

The London Underground

"Tube?"

Descending into the throng of people, Atoya was confused. Why were so many people underground?

And the noise.

Reckless shouting, the murmurs of hundreds of people, some strange crackly creature, completely unhearable, spouting it's noise over the whole place.

...And something else...

Like a growl... But loud and steady, ending in a mighty screech.

More monsters.

And this one sounded hungry.

Still following Raz, not wanting to get lost in this crowd of crazy people, Atoya beholds her first train as it grinds to a halt at the station.

She suddenly hugs Raz for safety as she looks the train over...

It was like a giant stiff tunnelling worm. It also has a transparent hide, and there were people inside.

They walked in and out of it's gill-like breathing bits, and just sat down on whatever kind of insides those were, lined up in there...
    It's organs.

They used this beasts insides for transport.

The strange screeching crackle sounds again, seeming to come from everywhere and nowhere, and still unintelligible, and the creature squealed, started moving...

They were controlling it.
    They'd enslaved it and trapped it down here.
    They rode it's guts.

Suddenly the squeal the creature made when it started moving seemed a lot less scary and a lot more sad...

A cry for help, Atoya thought grimly, trying to hold back the urge to vomit at the sight of the butchered life form...

But of course, there wasn't only one train in service. That would devastate the productivity of half of London.
    No, it suddenly dawned on Atoya that those noises were not just coming from here...
    There were more of these things. Being used in the same way.

"wh...
    what are these things?
    "
    She says weakly, hoping Raz can hear her over the roars of pain, the screams for help and the crackly mind-controlling noise, as well as all the regular human noises all around them.
    "Wha-what have you d-done to them?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

[Road]

Zanny seems a bit down as he walks along, usually bouncing feet plodding along without emotion. The bard glances up and peers at the hyena-man walking toward them. Huh. He hopes it isn't a savage, like some other bestial species tend to be. He waves a hand, a universal greeting*.

"Hail, traveler."

Nice greeting, Zanny. Silly dragons. >.>

*Hopefully. Sometimes it can mean "I'm here to pillage your village and rape your woman" or "I wish to purchase your rotten cow excretions"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Road]

The hyena-man looks up at Zanny and confused it looks straight up in the air for a moment or two before it looks back at the bard suspiciously and makes a yipping sound, "Yip, yip, doesn't hail here stupid pig-person."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

[Road]

Zanny scowls. Not in the mood.

"It's a greeting as well as weather, hyena. Expand your vocabulary."

The bard looks at the gnoll more closely. Now, why would he meet such a creature on the road? It doesn't seem hostile, and since there's no such thing as a chance meeting, it probably has information...

He's a bard.

"Say, you haven't seen a human woman around here lately, have you? One of those barbarians, <description of Darcy>? Or heard of any strange things happening around here, at least?"

The dragon twinges a string on his lyre, which should be unnoticeable, to make the gnoll a bit more amiable. Magic!
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-01-25 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #11

[Alharc]

Yep, Kirk was supposed to be heading down to the vaults beneath the palace.

The vaults are not what one would expect, at least if one was expecting a dungeon. The vaults are carved out of pure marble, so you can see your reflection in every wall, and arranged in a simple but efficient manner, a single hallway, with eight archways along it, each one inscribed with various faintly glowing runes and blocked by adamantine bars, a lock on each side of each archway apparently providing the way to open them, although there are no hinges. Between each archway, to either side is another locked door, fourteen doors in all, and at the very end is an adamantine porticullis, behind which is an adamantine gate, behind which is... Well, unless Kirk can see through walls, he probably can't see what's behind the gate yet.
    The Cat Burglar by Ghar. Thanks!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alharc]

Since this is Kirk 1.0 he can still sell his soul for a portal. Sure he's can't see into it and has never been there before, but he estimates that he needs to go forward only a few feet to get through the first archway. He makes it five feet to be safe.

It's looting time!

And if he can't get through with a portal he will stand there puzzled.

13. - Top - End - #13

[Alharc]

This is the Nexus. Anyone who doesn't teleport proof their vault would not only have had everything in the vault stolen on day one, someone would have likely stolen the vault itself. You know, to hold all the stuff they just stole.

Needless to say, the portal doesn't work, and furthermore, an alarm goes off, some kind of gas starting to fill the vaults, even as seven pentagrams appear on the floor, one between each set of vaults.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

[Road]

Becky, meanwhile, is behind Zanny (and presumably, Moff as well), and looks...distinctly unhappy to be out in the bright sunshine. If her grimace is any indication, anyway. Of course, her pale complexion and all-black outfit (along with dyed black hair) indicate an aversion to sunlight as well..

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alharc]

Kirk's starting to think this isn't worth it. He pulls out his tommy gun and will open fire the moment a demon appears in the pentacle closest to him.

16. - Top - End - #16

[Alharc]

Well, did he expect Dalev to give him a fair deal? He considered having Kirk go diving for the "Lost Amulet of Kalamazoo" in the Sea of Spiders, but decided against it.

The ground within the pentacle falls away, and a single hand, seemingly made of stone, fingers sharpening into claws at the end, reaches out and grabs the edge of the pit to haul itself up. This is presumably when Kirk opens fire. The stone hand chips and fractures as it's riddled with bullets, and with a loud cracking noise, breaks, whatever it was fallig back into the pit, which promptly shuts behind it. By now the gas has filled the chamber halfway.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alharc]

One down, six to go. Kirk opens up on the next closest pentacle and starts backing up. He coughs a bit, but unless the gas is particularly potent it will take quite a while to effect the drow.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    [World of Darkness]

The London Underground

"Tube?"

Descending into the throng of people, Atoya was confused. Why were so many people underground?

And the noise.

Reckless shouting, the murmurs of hundreds of people, some strange crackly creature, completely unhearable, spouting it's noise over the whole place.

...And something else...

Like a growl... But loud and steady, ending in a mighty screech.

More monsters.

And this one sounded hungry.

Still following Raz, not wanting to get lost in this crowd of crazy people, Atoya beholds her first train as it grinds to a halt at the station.

She suddenly hugs Raz for safety as she looks the train over...

It was like a giant stiff tunnelling worm. It also has a transparent hide, and there were people inside.

They walked in and out of it's gill-like breathing bits, and just sat down on whatever kind of insides those were, lined up in there...
    It's organs.

They used this beasts insides for transport.

The strange screeching crackle sounds again, seeming to come from everywhere and nowhere, and still unintelligible, and the creature squealed, started moving...

They were controlling it.
    They'd enslaved it and trapped it down here.
    They rode it's guts.

Suddenly the squeal the creature made when it started moving seemed a lot less scary and a lot more sad...

A cry for help, Atoya thought grimly, trying to hold back the urge to vomit at the sight of the butchered life form...

But of course, there wasn't only one train in service. That would devastate the productivity of half of London.
    No, it suddenly dawned on Atoya that those noises were not just coming from here...
    There were more of these things. Being used in the same way.

"wh...
    what are these things?
    "
    She says weakly, hoping Raz can hear her over the roars of pain, the screams for help and the crackly mind-controlling noise, as well as all the regular human noises all around them.
    "Wha-what have you d-done to them?"
    Oh, that's a train. What do you me ...

It clicks, and Raz struggles not to laugh

No, No, its not alive, its a machine. Like ... like a carriage with no horse. its just made of metal and stuff.

He holds her a bit closer as if their embracing, so he can speak in her ear without her looking crazy.

Look, everything here is honestly fine, normal, and OK. If you're really freaked out by it, we can teleport. I'd just prefer not too.

Raz's formspring

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

[World of Darkness]

London Underground

Atoya still clings tight to Raz. "N-not alive?
    Are you sure?"

That would explain why they were so... mechanical.

Oh Gods, she must look like an idiot...

She lets go of Raz and turns around to hide her face. "Um, alright... I guess we, uh..." she chuckles nervously. "We get on...
    ...Right?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Yeah. Mind the gap

On the train, things get packed fast. It must be rush hour or something. Raz seems un-phased, and if Atoya can keep herself together, she may notice him taking the fat wallet of a businessman in a suit next to them

Raz's formspring

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

[World of Darkness]

London Underground

Atoya doesn't notice Raz's thievery, more concerned with all the people surrounding her on this incredibly fast moving transport...

No way out, no way off...

Did that one just look at her?

No, no, it's okay.

Not like the people next to her, all way too close.

In an attempt to get away from all the crowded people, Atoya shifts closer to Raz, who she didn't mind as much.

But they just got closer!

No wonder Raz didn't live here. It was horrible.

Atoya decides to ride out the rest of the journey on Raz's lap, assuming he doesn't object, as a way to get away from all the strangers...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Raz doesn't complain

After about 20 mins, the train arrives, and Raz shepherds Atoya out onto the station.

From here it's a short walk until they arrive at what appears to be a large decrepit building.

Here we are Raz says dryly

Behold the majesty of the biggest library in England.

I need you to hold my hand for a mo.

Raz's formspring

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

[World of Darkness]

London Underground

"Er, alright?" Atoya says, taking his hand, just glad to be off the train of death.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

He mutters some high speech, and its suddenly like a veil has been lifted. The building is now elegant and ornate, all buttresses, stained glass, and gargoyles. I am not one hundred percent sure what a buttress is. But it has them.

The door is large and oaken. Raz leads Atoya up, runs his hand over the lock, and it slowly opens. Inside is a large, elegant foyer. A counter is prominently placed in view of the door, and a well dressed elderly man with a long dripping nose scowls at them

Master Razputin, and ... other he croaks. It's been a while.

Raz nods.

Yeah, I need to pick something up quickly

Your Mentor is looking for you, you know?

Raz scowls lightly.

Yeah, I know. I'm in a hurry. Can I go through?

Your ... guest will have to wait here

Raz looks at Atoya awkwardly

Crap, You OK with that? I could push it if you want

Raz's formspring

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

[World of Darkness]

The Library

"It's fine, I'll wait..." Atoya says, sitting down on a bench along the wall, twiddling her feet.

"You won't be long, right?" She asks, the place giving her a kind of spooky feeling.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    [Ice Temple]

"Right. Are you ready to go then?" Syntyche suddenly jumps up, a new look of determination in his eyes.
    [Ice Temple]

"Well uh, I'm not going anywhere. Baeleck told me that I should stay and watch the temple. He won't be ready to go quite yet, I don't expect." Niara taps her fingers on her knees, a little uneasy.

Then, she stand herself. "I'll go fetch that chalice, anyway. And you wanted some food?"
    Hello Nexus, my old friend.
    Characters: Niara Tarmikos; Urias Starsailor; Yuzuru Takahashi; Gavin Meridrew; Tonja Clausen

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    [Ice Temple]

"Well uh, I'm not going anywhere. Baeleck told me that I should stay and watch the temple. He won't be ready to go quite yet, I don't expect." Niara taps her fingers on her knees, a little uneasy.

Then, she stand herself. "I'll go fetch that chalice, anyway. And you wanted some food?"
    [Ice Temple]
    "Yes...Mind if I come with you? My dietary requirements are a bit...unusual, to say the least." Syntyche looks at Niara. The other woman may notice Syntyche's pupils are...different, but she can't put her finger on how.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Great Slender Pony avatar by Akrim.elf.

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    [World of Darkness]

The Library

"It's fine, I'll wait..." Atoya says, sitting down on a bench along the wall, twiddling her feet.

"You won't be long, right?" She asks, the place giving her a kind of spooky feeling.
    He shakes his head. Shouldn't be.

He swiftly heads off inside the building.

The man behind the counter silently glares at Atoya

*glaaaarres*

Raz's formspring

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"I imagine she would. And I am not certain I wish to inflict that on my daughter or my goddess. Let us speak to Morgana first, if you please."

"Certainly, my Lord," Rosa says. She burns a small amount of brimstone and incense, and the smoke should form a clear ring to make a sort of two-way scrying circle. A polite one though, as on Morgana's end, she is aware of who is calling and has the choice to accept, decline, or request a call back at a different time if it's inconvenient.

Though, of course, everyone who is in deadtime is presumed to become immediately available as soon as someone pokes them. That's how it works, right? [/QUOTE]

The scrying circle opens to a lavish throne-room, resplendent in its finery. Rich drapes bearing the crest of the Clockwork Fortress hang from walls adorned with gold and intricate murals, most depicting acts most creative in their debauchery, though abstract enough to avoid the notice of the one innocent in the room. Wispy tendrils of incensed smoke curl through the air... and through the scrying portal, filling Baalthazaar's own fortress (or just the part in the immediate area of the circle) with a decadent blend of scents. Surrounding the throne itself, raised as it is on a tiered dais, and set against a wide crimson hanging banner emblazoned with Morgana's personal seal, a small cohort of concubines, male and female, devil and mortal (but all insanely attractive) lounge, draped across the steps in poses of sultry languor. Behind, a pair of figures, each easily nine-feet tall, rigid sentinels swathed in concealing crimson robes and hoods stand guard over their mistress.
    Morgana, Lady of Pleasure and Pain, Queen of Succubi, Archdevil of the First and Second Circles. Examine, if you will, the images evoked by that sentence. Many mortals for example, priests and priestesses, some of Morgana's own followers, and many quite intelligent, would probably be picturing some decadent broad, blonde or redheaded ('cause she's like, a devil or something), all breasts and buttocks on a body like a toothpick, wings and tail, probably clad in bondage gear of some sort (because 'Lady of Pleasure and Pain of course refers to BDSM, AMIRITE!?).
    What they probably weren't expecting were the broad curves, the figure that practically oozes fertility and sensuality, which, when combined with skin of pure molten sugar and the tumbling cascade of espresso ringlets falling over her shoulders, in vivid contrast to the silky white cloth that so inadequately covers her form, create the very essence of temptation.
    One should be wary though, as those able to keep a clear enough head to look at her eyes, as opposed to... other parts... will find them quite different to the vapid stupor present in those of her enthralled cortege. Instead they burn brightly with boundless cunning and frightening intelligence. A succubus is judged by her looks, of course, but be wary. Morgana didn't become an arch-fiend on looks alone.

She leans forwards on her throne, eyes gleaming and smiling vampirically.
    "Oh hello. To what do I owe the honor?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Pic by Vulion
    Last edited by Kris on a Stick; 2011-01-27 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Amber Fortress

Baalthazar's eyes certainly do wander appreciatively, and openly (much to Rosa's displeasure), before returning to meet hers as he bows. "The honor is mine, Lady Morgana."

<insert more formalities, compliments, and small talk, as I'm sure devils have lots of rituals for this sort of thing>

"I had hoped to consult you on a matter of importance. I am afraid the education of Dekaros has been shockingly neglected due to the exigencies of war, and it will not be long before she must be prepared for her diabolical duties. The mortal school that I sent her to proved unsuitable, and Kal'selthezaar suggested that you might have some advice to give, or perhaps be willing to supervise her education yourself."
    In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these.
    ~Paul Harvey

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    Interested in Nexus FFRP? Read here and here then dive in. Newcomers welcome.
    My Characters | Nexus Digest 78 | Formspring Index | Objects
    Stories | Smile! | Smile Big!