New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Level 22 Evil Gestalt (3.5, PC organizations) ICC

Sarivel

There were no visible checkpoints, though plenty of places where magical sensors or hidden sentries could be placed.

Approaching the gate seemed to be the way to go. The gatehouse seemed imposing, the entrance was a tunnel, 100 feet before the inner doors, the outer ones were open. 30 feet wide, 30 feet high. The tunnel turned slightly to the left, concealing the inner doors from the outside, there were plenty of murder holes in the roof, and eight portcullises could be dropped down, 10 feet between each. Their rails being the only thing breaking up the otherwise smooth rock. The inner doors was of some black metal, perhaps Adamantine, a hatch opened up as you approached, some sort of shadow concealed whatever may have been behind them. You could guess that a pair of eyes studied you from the other side.

Yes? A pleasant female voice asked from the other side.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I am an ambassador for the Servants of the Mystic." Sarivel states. "Acting on behalf of High Priestess Myanne, I request entry." He adopts the typical tone of a noble-born diplomat who has better things to do than deal with grunts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check, though I somehow doubt the guard can even smell the rat on my minimum roll, especially since she has no reason to suspect me: (1d20+33)[40]
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

And what is your business here?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds delightful.

"The rest of the island has been strangely resistant to my offers of making their lives better. I did not wish to kill the people there, but I suppose taking over would be for their own good wouldn't it? After all, even death may die--the killed shall live again in strange new forms."
    The dragon grins. "It shall be done. Long live the new alliance."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

"yes, long live the new alliance, and may these resilient villagers form the first rank in our joint militia. I will send some of my people soon, though some of my followers are of another world and have more traditional beliefs on undeath. I hope you will excuse their reservations about joining themselves."
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

1. The Hunter:
      1. Icc: The destruction wrought brought more than a pound of flesh for the carrions, picking through fallen, you've found the tools of their trades, from blacksmith to musician; most of which were dulled or overstrung to be employed before being mended by artifice, although if given proper care they would provide enough lucre to make up for both bruises.

The church's humble exterior did not do the decor of the interior justice, statuaries devoted to exalted saints, now too were humbled by your vandalism; their posture varied to numerous prayer or meditative stances, as if desperately calling aid as the flames of the hells encroach them. Perhaps the thought crossed your mind that those insolent rabble are being pacified there as well, while idyllically dwelling upon such fantasies as you strummed a hand-me-down lute. The instrument's chords were illuminated by the flare, its proximity hastening the evaporative process of the crimson fluid, & giving it a scarlet hue with a persimmon sheen. At the epicenter of worship lies an ornate golden wheel artistically crafted with hundreds of humanoid eyes staring attentively into the havens...
      2. Occ: Pm'd everything except the wheel, & yes, it is worth more.
    2. Dethkruzer:
      1. Icc: Leaving the ill-lit subterrane only left you adrift to your surroundings, as the landscape before you remains in an continuous state of metamorphose; Once adamant gravel became as elastic as clay, being susceptible to the slightest influence, be it sentient or not;
      2. Occ: fixed it, if you don't like it, Pm me, & I'll modify it.
    3. The Worm:
      1. Icc: These sensations abruptly occurred at your emergence, whether they were so still as to escape your notice, or arriving from the threads of another plane, or figments of an incorporable entity, was difficult to discern.
      2. Occ: With the exception of tremorsense & whatever is gained from those templates; "Earthworms do not have eyes, they do have cells that are sensitive to light distributed through their outer skin. These don't let earthworms see images, but it does allow their skin to detect light and changes in light intensity. earth worms are more sensitive to the chemical and temperature in the environment around them.
    Last edited by ocel; 2011-05-01 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Finished up, left over will be in next post, Weather, & Holidays slowed me down, My apologies.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

"Like they won't be more worried by Far Realm influence? I can deal with the ignorance of those who fear glory very well, I've seen it all my life."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah yes, all the world of doubt and suspicion, always cringing from the new, but that's why we must fight on. I'll send them, but first I'll visit our other ally. Would you like to come?"
    The Medicine Man reaches out his hand allowing another gate spell to unfold, leading to the heart of Maelthra's realm. "ladies first" clicks another skull.

Edit: gate: up to 20' diameter, enough for a huge dragon to squeeze through
    Last edited by drack; 2011-04-18 at 05:27 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

She grins and enters the portal. Going somewhere new, such excitement.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

The Medicine Man follows not particularly excited, yet all the same satisfied with the start his plans had gotten.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

She curls up in the room she finds on the other side of the portal and waits for something new to happen.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Hunter sets down his instrument, and calmly walks through the fire, ignoring the burning flames, to stare at the golden sculpture.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

The Medicine Man shut his gate and waited patiently for their host singing a singing from his homeland. the skull didn't translate, and as such it sounded allot more like a dungeon of tormented prisoners, but all the same their host would easily find them from it.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Maelthra, Wolfhead Island.

Maelthra flies forward on his steed to the group of religious importance.
    Welcome to my Island, you have broken a few Laws by coming onto my Island, unannounced, but I'm sure that we can get past this and down to buisness.

Maelthra looks to be a very young man, impossibly so, since his Empire has been around for hundreds of years and always been run by one man.
    Last edited by Hazzardevil; 2011-04-24 at 07:57 AM.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

The Medicine Man ceases his song, and one of his skulls begins translating his assortment of horrific sounds into common making little clipping noises with each word as it's jaw clips shut. "Oh come now, I'm sure you knew we were here. Anyways for our business here.. I was wondering if we couldn't make that joint militia that we were talking about a bit more real. Now that all the pertinences are here we can figure out all the details as well."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Maelthra looks rather SHeepish for a second and then wipes the look off his face.

I must have forgotten about the meeting, let me find the paper for a minute.

He mumbles for a minute checking the list.

Have breakfast,
    Check on my workers,
    Give morning speech,
    Oversee any executions and reanimatings.
    Ahh there it is,
    Meet Doctor Who and the rest of our evil council doom.

I think we are all here.

I'm pretty sure the scanners should have picked it up but our Scanning system is down for 10 minutes everyday at a certain time for backup logs and the like.

We were discussing the plan weren't we?

(Drack know's what I mean.)
    My extended signature.
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

"ahh, well it's still in it's infancy for now, but essentially the idea is for our three nations to join together, expand to cover a good portion of the world, than to form a navy capable of repelling any offensive force, and essentially combining our strengths, opening our trade borders, and encouraging localized expansion. Since my nation is made wholly of undeads I have begun taking the oceans as all my citizens could survive in such an environment. I encourage you two to seize nearby islands, and as endurance we shale give power over the joint militia to someone who will only take orders that come from all three of us, attack any offensive vessel sent by others, wield all their power against any of us who wish to back out of the alliance or betray another, and preferably someone competent." This last bit is added with a slight smile, all of them knew how hard it could be to find someone competent for such a job, and how much harder still it would be to find one who would be loyal to the alliance rather than any individual.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

"Competent is good, yes.

"Perhaps someone with one trait provided by each of us?"
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

"well the whole army should carry traits from each of us, the problem is where they owe their allegiance, but in the end it should be fine."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

"True, true."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

I say we start doing what I think is rather distasteful, but nessecary for us to defeat other Empires.
    We start a body farm.
    We take fast producing animals and other creatures and then create as many undead as we can.

He then stops expectantly.
    Last edited by Hazzardevil; 2011-04-25 at 06:18 AM.
    My extended signature.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

The Medicine Man spoke calmly of the idea unmindful by it's implications, as an industrial power he couldn't both himself with the implications beyond progress. "It would be a simple enough task to achieve, but personally my nation has plenty of the deceased, and we haul in more daily from the seas as I'm sure you will from your conquest. we needn't bother with that at this early time with this world teeming with life. Than if we were to do such a think we could make it a labor camp of sorts giving them their second life after their first wears thin. Then sent them off to battle. All the same though I don't think it has come to this point yet, first we must seize the land which should be ours, and as we do that we must determine how our legion will function. I suggest that we have undeads morphed by Marpaziena, and trained in your lands. than that we establish them atop the oceans in crafts forged by my laborers, and from each of your woods. What are everyone's thoughts on this?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

"It would be nice to have some creatures set aside for breeding experiments. The wildlife of my realm are Realm-touched, but their changes are random and thus not always useful.

"To see what happens when Realmstuff is added is certain ways would be a lot of fun."

She stretches out a bit. "Are there any changes you're looking for especially?"
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

"no, just help out with combat efficiency."
    Last edited by drack; 2011-04-26 at 05:12 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

"In that case I'll look into making tentacles, claws and fangs. And then you can make them undead."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"Nah, they'll reject the negative energy, some things just aren't meant for reanimation. Perhaps we can just each produce troops for the army, I can produce melee combatants for when they approach, Maelthra can give us some magi or archers for range, and you can provide more of each with a touch of camouflage. On a wooden vessel I'm sure you could come up wit a way to make your people undetectable until that last fatal moment, no?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can give them camouflage. Or cast Greater Invisibility on them, give them magic items . . ." She shrugs. "Whatever you like."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"well chances are in war magic camouflage will be less distressful due to true seeing and he like, therefor I suggest natural camouflage."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Most of my forces either walk around in huge clumps of undead or can get through some of the most highly secured Buildings in existence with the only evidence of them having been there is drunk guards. They're unlikely to need any help.
    He itches his shoulders slightly, as if theres something about to come out.
    My extended signature.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"So you think it best that we just each create our own military, and that we give each other all the support they need?"