New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default an idea for monks

this isn't anything right now, just an idea

what if we gave monks different effects they could do by spending one or more stunning fist attempts, kinda like those turning feats where the clerics spend turning attempts for different abilities

we could also do the same for the monks ki pool

what do you guys think?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: an idea for monks

They have a few feats like that already, Fiery Fist, Ki Blast and Fiery Ki Defense (PHB II), Fists of Iron, Weakening Touch and Freezing the Lifeblood (Complete Warrior) and Pressure Point Strike (Dragon Magazine 336).

Though I agree, using Stunning Fists for things other than Stunning is nice when you run into undead and the like. Did you have something specific in mind?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

I was thinking of maybe something more useful than what those feats give, but I didn't have anything particular in mind, I was hoping the playground could brainstorm

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Some rather basic ideas to make into real feats if you have the time.

-Add Wisdom modifier to melee attack and damage rolls.

-As a standard action you may make multiple attack rolls equal to however many attacks you can make at your highest attack bonus during a full-round action as part of your Flurry of Blows ability.

-Your unarmed attacks are considered one step larger than they normally would be.

-Once per encounter you may make 2 full-round attacks.

-You may take a -2 to your attack rolls to ignore up to 10 DR with your unarmed attacks.

-As a swift action you gain DR/- equal to your Wisdom modifier for 1 round. You can perform this ability 4 rounds per encounter.

-If you are affected by a spell or ability you may ignore it's effects. This ability costs an immediate action, if you are unable to make any actions due to the spell or ability you can still ignore the effects though as soon as the ability takes place the use of your immediate action is expended.

-You gain Tremorsense up to 30 feet.

-Make as many AOO per round equal to your Wisdom modifier.

-Once per encounter you can add your Wisdom modifier to a skill you are trained in.

-If you move more than 10 feet in a round you gain 30% miss chance.

-If you make a successful unarmed attack you may choose to make your target make a Fortitude Save against your attack roll, if unsuccessful the opponent is knocked back 5 feet.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2011-05-22 at 03:50 PM.