New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Wanderers of the Mushroom Kingdom - A Mario fancomic

And so I shall!

[ ] Page 25: Fun For The Whole Family!
    If you want to see it, here's my Mario fancomic: Wanderers of the Mushroom Kingdom.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

That was so classic, i bet it sent shockwaves througout the kingdom over there .
    Despite everything, its still me.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

And here's Page 26!

[ ] Page 26 - Friendship

I'm not sure I like how this one turned out, but I guess I'll give it a shot and see how I can work from there.

Sadly, this is the last page I have prepared, therefore it might be a while before the next update. I'll try to get the next few done as soon as I possibly can, though. Remember folks, comments are the best way to motivate me to get some work done!
    If you want to see it, here's my Mario fancomic: Wanderers of the Mushroom Kingdom.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ ] Page 27: Course of Action

Huh. Looks like I managed to crank out this one in time for a weekly update.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Lol.
    I wonder whats with the guy in the prison.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

You mean Gyro? We'll get back to him soon enough!

For now, here's Page 28!

[ ] Page 28: Restless

Here's to more updates in the future! As always, feel free to make comments! They're much appreciated!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

will be here some romantic moments?
    from hate to love?
    *wink - wink*
    just kidding :)
    link to my comic look at spoiler -Update 30.4.13

if you did not understand my contribution - to the cursed Google Talk (and my inability to learn foreign languages)
    Notice - if you lost PonyTars made by me, look here - >
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/PonyAvatars/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't think that would happen. Having an interspecies romance might be a bit awkward for me to write.

Anyhoo... Page 29!

[ ] Page 29: And Then There Were Three

This should be the last page focusing on these characters. Next page, we're changing scenes!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Page 30!

[ ] Page 30: Game, Set, Match

It's been a while, so longer page! :P

Comments are allowed, by the way! Just saying.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

I just love this comic.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here's Page 31!

[ ] Page 31: Great Waits Make Great Waste

Wanderers of the Mushroom Kingdom nears its 2nd anniversary, which will be on January 27th! And frankly, I'm disappointed that my current output is merely 15 pages a year, which is only slightly over a page a month. I know it must be difficult to wait months for updates on Wanderers.

Which is why I make my resolution of 2013 the following: to get to page 50 by the Wanderers' 3rd anniversary!

And now a question for the people who follow Wanderers through this topic: do you mind if I link to deviantArt instead of ImageShack for each page? That way, it would split the time I take to upload each page in half :P

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whoa, what is this? Another update in a week's worth of time?? I'm on a roll here, aren't I? But yeah, this IS Page 32!

[ ] Page 32: All The Guests Are Arriving Now

Looks like the average is now 16 pages per year! Hooray!
    Let's see if I can get it higher!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

WANDERERS IN THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM IS 2 YEARS OLD!!
    This is it, gentlemen! On this very day, two years ago, I posted the very first page of Wanderers in the Mushroom Kingdom on the Giant in the Playground forums, without even knowing it would become such a cornerstone of my achievements in the years to come. And now, against all odds, I am now celebrating the 2nd anniversary of this wonderful little creation of mine. I'm surprised that this is even happening, since other projects I have begun haven't even lasted a fraction of Wanderer's life time. That, or they end up locked in purgatory, only receiving a loaf of bread and a few drops of water every now and then. This is a fate that Wanderers has been somewhat close to getting to, but it soldiers on anyway...

These 2 years have been a very bumpy ride for me. At first, this webcomic didn't really garner much attention, limiting its vocal audience to only a handful of people. Then in July 2011, I made the move to deviantArt. And even then I still didn't get much attention. Under such conditions, most would choose to give up their work and move on to something else. In fact, a lack of response has smitten many projects I had undertaken in the past. And it could've taken the life of Wanderers too, but thanks to the very limited, but still noticeable feedback my project has received, it managed to barely make it through and stay alive.

I extend my thanks to those who have taken their time to let me know that what I was doing was something worthwhile. You people reminded me that I had an audience that was just waiting to find out what was going to happen to these characters of mine. It is you folks who give me the strength to get off my lazy rump and give you guys what you came here for. And if it weren't for that small push, Wanderers would be just another failed experiment. So again, thank you for the help. And for the silent majority who reads this, don't be afraid to make your voice heard! To know that I bring joy to someone with these comics of mine gives me the greatest sense of satisfaction, and it makes me want to continue working on them.

I know I haven't been exactly kind with releasing new content on a steady basis. But my life frequently brings me down for often unexplainable reasons, and it unfortunately saps me of my will to do the work I have to do, be it school projects or this comic. But whether I'm questioning the way I live my life, or merely trying to get over hurt feelings, this comic, along with those who wait for its continuation, always remain in my mind. And despite the rough spots I have to go through, I do what I can to bring that update.

With all that said, let us hope 2013 will be a great year, both for me and the comic! Personally, I have high hopes.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Congrats!
    I shall play you the song of my people!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you for the musical entertainment! It was quite enjoyed by me.

On to our horses, here's the long-awaited Page 33!
    [ ] Page 33: Quite Direct

The first page of the 3rd year of WotMK! About time, am I right? I'm hoping to get Page 34 out soon, but it might just be wishful thinking at this point.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

BB07 was ma-king updaaaates! This one came fast as liiight-ning!

[ ] Page 34: Challenge Accepted

In all seriousness, this page was made rather quickly! I made at the very least the last 10 panels, if not all of them, on Saturday. For the rest of the week, I was trying to figure out how to segue from Page 33 into what I had planned for Page 34, which turned out to stretch out into yet another page!

And a little treat for you, my friends! An alternate first panel I had in mind. Linkie! I ultimately decided to shelve it since it felt too anti-climatic, getting rid of a character directly after the build-up in Page 33. I do like how the explosion effect looks, though!

Stay tuned for Page 35, and in the meantime, do leave your thoughts!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

D-d-d-d-double update! :O

[ ] Page 35: Not Out Of The Woods Yet
    [ ] Page 36: Caught Blue Handed

It's been forever since I managed to upload two comics at once... However, it involved me staying up until 3AM to do Page 36 from scratch, along with most of Page 35. And these big boys were a real challenge to make, especially #36. People have told me my action scenes are great, but oh lord are they painful to draw...

I'm not sure if this means I'm back in the flow of having a reasonable update schedule... is it? Well, after this tiring rush to make these two pages in one night, I might consider taking a short break. Or maybe I'll just crank out Page 37 next Saturday night. Who knows... xP

In the meantime, comments, questions, constructive criticisms... feel free to give some!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

And some more!

[ ] Page 37: He Was Just Asking For It

This one is a bit straightforward compared to the other pages, and the flow is a bit questionable to me... but I like how the events transpired. Again, I had planned this for the most part, except for the ending, which actually went through two revisions before getting to this point.

...I gotta admit, it's a bit sad that almost half of the posts in this topic are made by me... Don't be shy, people!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Two thirds by you, the rest by me!
    im still a fan.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yep, that's quite true indeed! Glad to know you're still sticking around.

It's just a bit saddening to see that I have so few comments whereas other comics have pages upon pages of comments (some of which have even less pages than mine, or have been around for much less). I assumed people weren't as willing to make comments because my update rate was terrible, but even now that I've managed to make around a page a week, people just don't seem to want to comment (not because of a lack of visibility though, I have about 9,400 views right now), and the same seems to happen on deviantArt.

I'm sorry for sounding kind of needy here, but not getting response to my work has always been a pet peeve of mine (it's led to many a previous project's failure in the past too).

Well... while you're there, I'll ask: what did you think of the last few pages? Is there anything that could use improving?
    Last edited by BeethroBudkin07; 2013-03-31 at 10:53 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Everything is well! I like it!
    Nice action scene!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks for the comments!

Any idea why this comic isn't getting as large a vocal fan base as others do? Is it merely because I have terrible luck, or because of some arbitrary factor?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wanderers now has a website, thanks to ComicFury! :D

http://wotmk.thecomicseries.com/

It will be worked on as time advances, but it currently functional. You can scroll through the pages, leave comments, and subscribe to it! (I think that requires an account, but that's easy to take care of)

I'll still be updating here, no worries!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

And... PAGE 38, folks! :D

[ ] Page 38: At Least He Actually Follows His Word

Belome is tricky to work with. He's just so gigantic, he rarely fits in the panels...

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

And zoom! Page 39!!

[ ] Page 39: Self-Preservation

That was a quickie! Be sure to leave your thoughts and comments!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

A few days late, but hey, Page 40! :D

[ ] Page 40: A Powerful Mistake

We're finally getting to the comic's story! At last!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow, am I ever late! Sorry folks, but it took me a while to get into a Wanderers working mood... but have no fear, Page 41 is here!

[ ] Page 41: Part of a Mythological Breakfast

Hopefully I can get back into the rhythm of weekly releases! And be sure to let me know what you think!
    Last edited by BeethroBudkin07; 2013-05-12 at 12:03 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright... from now on, I think I'll link directly to my website for the pages. However, since the earlier pages are much smaller and harder to read, I won't change the old links until I've fixed them so they're an acceptable mix of readable and small enough to only need vertical scrolling.

But anyway, Page 42!
    [ ] Page 42: Onward To Adventure

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Page 43! ...one month late. Sorry!

[ ] Page 43: Backtracking

Here's to hoping the next pages won't be plagued by silly delays!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Argh! These delays will someday end!

In the meantime, here's a slim Page 44! :P

[ ] Page 44: Outside Interference