New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Wanderers of the Mushroom Kingdom - A Mario fancomic

Hey! Nice job with your comic! :D i'm really enkong it!
    At now i'm only at page 11, but it feels like u are needing some comments here xD and i want to say also that i was not able to load page 9 :/ so i would ask for a repost :)

I also read the 2nd anniversay speech, and i'm a bit curious about your other works you mentioned there, could i hope to see one some day?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Urgh.. also 13 seems to be ruined D:

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey wait, somebody? SOCIAL ACTIVITY!!

Glad to hear you're enjoying this. As for the broken pages, I'll fix them as I update the first post...

...with Page 45! :D
    [ ] Page 45: It Was Pure Luck

Let me know if there are any more breaking pages, and I'll deal with them!
    Last edited by BeethroBudkin07; 2013-08-11 at 11:49 AM.
    If you want to see it, here's my Mario fancomic: Wanderers of the Mushroom Kingdom.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

**** yeah, punch them in tha face lad B|

Btw i read them on your site :)
    But.. it's it a British police Tard.. [cough] tellyphone that i see in page 17!? :D awesome

(Slowly i'm running to the latest yay)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yep! I'm surprised nobody brought it up before today, since it's kind of easy to spot.

Let me know what you think when you've read everything!
    If you want to see it, here's my Mario fancomic: Wanderers of the Mushroom Kingdom.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

Probl'y nodoby here ever seen The Doctah before xP isn't impossible lol.
    Btw, strange things happens uder that big cat face of boss O_o that things are legs?! Lol!

You didn't answered if we could some day see something of your others project

Edit/update: i reached the 45 :)
    At now i really like your humor xD and i can see some graphic growing up, so better than better :D ulikely some other comics around here i think u understood the method for make suspance and things like that. Thanks for your work!
    Also, the plot seems to become more complicated as it appeared before (it still look a bit childish but don't care xD), this maje the things beter! :)
    Last edited by crus; 2013-08-12 at 08:57 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

I guess they haven't... A bit weird though, considering it's a pretty big deal, and I'm sure the TARDIS is pretty well-known as well.

Cat face? You mean Belome? Yeah, I'd say those are legs. What strange things are you talking about, though?

As for the other projects, I'm a bit reluctant to work on them again since I'm afraid they'd take away from my will to work on Wanderers. To be honest, the only one that'd be worthwhile to bring up would be the Crystal Nuzlocke I tried to make a few years ago, which died in the middle of making the 7th page because of a sudden disappearance of people commenting. As I already said, not receiving attention for something I make can be a BIG deal breaker for me, and could pretty much destroy a project with a OHKO. Thankfully Wanderers had two of my friends cheering me on to continue it, which is why it survived all odds.

EDIT: Didn't notice the edit!

The graphics for Wanderers are quite a malleable thing, because there are always some things in the character models that I want to change, and also sometimes I get comments that tell me I should improve some aspects of the art. For example, I was mostly influenced to change the art style because of a comment that said that the art was a bit lazy, and more recently, I improved the speech bubbles thanks to a comment from someone on the comic's topic on the ComicFury forums. So yeah, I guess maybe look forward to more changes? Though I think I got to as good as it gets, but we never know!

Glad to know you like the story and the way I tell it! I guess what you mean by childish is because of the "Collect the Donuts" MacGuffin collection quest. And I guess I can understand. After all, it's mostly in the same vein as the Mario RPG games where the player needs to collect a group of MacGuffins in order to beat the game.

Sorry for rambling, I tend to do that a lot! I'll try to keep a steady flow of weekly updates for as long as I can!
    Last edited by BeethroBudkin07; 2013-08-12 at 09:08 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh, for the projects i asked just for know something more about you and your works :) i didn't have any hope elseway :P
    And yeah, i was refering to Belome's strange movement method lolz.

Btw, i'm not a big fan of the Mario world, so i didn't recognize te quote, sorry xP good to know about it anyway.

For fhe delay, it's nothing for me, just good you are going forward xD (i'm a worst lazy delaye with my works..) but.. why have some audience is so importabt for you? O.o it's this something you do for others and not for yourself?
    Yaaaaaay!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I guess it's mostly motivating to know there's people who enjoy what I do. Otherwise, it feels like I'm wasting my time.. Of course, it is rewarding just to complete another page for my webcomic, but it's much more fun to see people are benefiting from me posting it. I guess it's just the 'attention seeker' in me that's showing itself here.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Another Sunday, another WotMK page! Wooo!

[ ] Page 46: Jinxed

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

Woah! i really tought for a moment the book was dead.. anyway, hard time for the squid fighting for his own first level as a warrior lol for now the only one who know how to fight is the bodyguard lol.. if the story continue on this way they really should need some other fighter asd
    Yaaaaaay!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

True. They're just college students, so it's unlikely they have much experience in actual combat.

More page action!
    [ ] Page 47: Out Of The Frying Pan...

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

Lol! Reminds me of something like "no encounters today"! XD both the comic and the desktop image lolz.
    Would be fun lookin how he would get out of trouble :P ...also, the book could've teached at him something about combat sometimes! What a shameless book u.u lol
    Yaaaaaay!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

It took me a while to get what you were talking about. And yeah, it does resemble "No Encounters Today"!

[ ] Page 48: ...And Into The Line Of Fire

This is the last page in my buffer at the moment. I don't know if I'll be able to post Pages 49 and 50 in time for what I have planned. If I do, then afterwards, I might end up taking a break. But for those worried, don't be. 50 is going to be an end-of-arc special, which I plan to make much longer to conclude everything! (Or will I...?)

See you all next week hopefully!
    Last edited by BeethroBudkin07; 2013-09-01 at 04:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

But.. but he fly! He could fly away and reach the point by air! D: the only alternative is... ruuun awaaaay! (Citz) :D lol

Btw good luck for your things, school and everithing is starting again this year, so it was predictable to see some trouble :) only don't make us wait too long! D: it would be saaaaad
    Yaaaaaay!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

To be honest, the fact that two of the characters can fly has been a plothole I have thought of for a while. I guess I could say Sid is afraid of heights?
    As for Dervius, I'm not too sure. xP

Anyway...

[ ] Page 49: It Was More Of A Beatdown Really

Page 50 will mark the end of the chapter, so to catch up on everyone I'll make #50 a long one. Stay tuned for that!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

lol.. what a long battle. he tryed at least.. But, if the book know everything, then he should know also about this.. could be this part of the plan..? ò.ò
    btw, i see school makes the waits longer.. this is awful :\
    Yaaaaaay!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

sooo... sup?
    Yaaaaaay!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

As I said earlier, Page 50 is going to be a big one. I'm not certain as to how long it will be just yet, but it could very well be twice as long as previous pages. To top it off, there are some complex panels that involve a lot of tricky perspectives that I've rarely worked with before. That, coupled with school and some inner drama, makes it rather tough to work on Wanderers, though I do hope to have it released sometime soon.

If you want a taste of the scope of what I'm working on, I've done a total of 11 panels so far, and I haven't even done half of what I've planned for the page. Stay tuned for that, I suppose!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

xD i have to :P just, good luck to you, at least you are going to learn some other stuff for drawings :)
    Yaaaaaay!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, I'm not making you people wait this long for content. Since it looks like this page will take at least another month to be completed, here's a preview of Page 50 for you.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5521/a2vl.png

Enjoy!
    -BB07

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

woah, this is totally a chapter himself xD cool bro.
    also good the TF2 quote :P lolz

That Toad is going to be awesome B|
    Yaaaaaay!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, so it didn't take that long to finish after all...

[ ] Page 50: The End of the Beginning
    (WARNING: Huge file)

Quote Originally Posted by me on deviantArt
    OH MAN. 2 months of delays and a few extremely exhausting work days later, I have finally completed the behemoth that is Page 50. There are no words to express how great it feels to finally have this huge thing off my shoulders. I feel sore..

This one is huge. Not only is it 50, count them, FIFTY panels long (not counting the end of chapter banner), but it has a lot of new character models, several angled shots and a few new poses for characters I have been struggling to animate in the past (mostly Brocius), and I've also decided to take out the borders for the speech bubbles, save for two panels where they blend in too easily with the rest of the elements. I'm really proud of this one. Looking at it, I feel amazed at how far I've come since the very beginning of this comic, and I'm looking forward to seeing where my skills will be a year from now.
    I'll most likely be taking a break to work on other projects and school, but rest assured that Page 51 will come. I promise.

-BeethroBudkin07
    Last edited by BeethroBudkin07; 2013-11-15 at 09:24 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

geeehe, good ending is good, gj beethro, also if you didn't spare us that lot of TF2 quote xP
    Thank you for your work, i'll wait for the rest :)

Have Luck,
    Cruz
    Yaaaaaay!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks!

Here's Page 51!

[ ] Page 51: Sticks And Slaps May Not Break My Bones...

Alternate title:
    Spoiler
    Show
    YOUR MOM

Ridiculous jokes aside... This one took a while because schoolwork, and my brain is making me feel terrible nowadays. I'll do my best to release the next pages at my earliest convenience, though!

See you next time!
    -BeethroBudkin07

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

awwww what a flamer we have here! XD
    screaming YOUR MOM won't help you, margaret :3 LOL
    only.. maybe this time the mom joke will be applied... this lets space for maaaany bad jokes for me....
    meeh
    Yaaaaaay!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Of course she's going to apply the 'joke'! Margaret is a professional, you know!

No Page 52 just yet, since school has been harrowing (and still bothers me in the form of a Maths final project (which I'm sure has never been imagined until now)). But I was able to take a small amount of time to make this little thing for the season!

[ ] Wanderers Christmas Mural

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go to the first post to add links to the other WotMK-related special pics I made up until now on deviantArt!
    (EDIT: And it is done!)

Until next time, stay safe!
    -BB07
    Last edited by BeethroBudkin07; 2013-12-20 at 03:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Poof! A 52nd page!

[ ] Page 52: At Long Last

Man, if I could go back in time I'd have the "first chapter" end here instead of on Page 50. This is a much better closing scene than 50 could ever hope to be, size be danged.

See you next time!
    -BB07

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

*pop!* It's the 3rd birthday of my webcomic! :D

[ ] Wanderers in the Mushroom Kingdom is 3 Years Old!

Yes, my friends. It is the fabled occasion! Every 27th day of the first month of each year, a young adult who parades around the lands of deviantArt under the name of Artful celebrates the creation of his comic. This is this year's version!

This year was good for Wanderers, at least if we compare it to the others thus far. From Jan 27th 2013 to Jan 26th 2013, I published Pages 33 to 52, which means 19 pages! This is close to half the current total. :P Yes, I'm aware that's pretty terrible, considering I've still faced HORRIBLE delays (such as the one currently happening xD), but I still managed to push through last year's goal of getting to Page 50 before this moment! AND the comic got a site of its own this year!! ^.^

Props to those who have been very supportive during the past year! I'd also like to extend my thanks to the 'silent watchers', those of you who have been supporting my work despite being too shy to make your voice heard. Don't be afraid to post your thoughts, though! I won't bite! And who knows, it might just get you a spot on my wall of props in 365 days! ;)

Page 53 update time! The scripting is 'done', which means I can start drawing anytime. That said, since we're starting the 2nd chapter proper here, new backgrounds will have to be made, which might be daunting until I get myself into the groove of things. That said, I can't wait to get started on this new segment of the story, and I hope you folks are excited for it as well!

Well, I'm out! Have a great 2014, everyone! :D (Oh who cares if I'm late xD)

P.S.: LOOK AT THE PRETTY SILVER LININGS I DID THEM MYSELF I'M A BIG BOY NOW
    Additional thanks to crus and super_dark33 who have been supporting me over here!

Here's to another year of Wandering!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

New forum, new page! This one's been out since Saturday, but the forum being under construction prevented updating...

But here it is now!

[ ] Page 53: Convinced

Enjoy! :D