New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    So was I:
    - Elf is on the right side of the table, brown-hair is on the left.(panel three)
    Elf wants to be closer to brown-hair and walks/glomps over towards the left to giver her a hug. (off panel)
    Elf goes far enough to the left to be in front of brown-hair so he can see brown-hair's face etc. (off panel)
    'Cuddles' happen. Elf and brown-hair are both on the left side of the table, Elf being furthest to the left. (panel four)

...I think I'm beginning to understand how these threads get filled up so quickly!
    You seriously gonna pick apart a simple observation for no reason?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Sorry. I was just saying that it didn't look like it was necessarily a mistake to me. If it helps, I wasn't doing it to annoy you. I'm an English Lit. student: I've been trained to look into things in an unreasonable level of detail and analyse them. We're also not marked down if we have things blatantly wrong so long as we can explain our 'logic' behind what we say so...Yeah.

I don't quite get what Tinder means when he says he'd know if Lloyd wasn't hugging Radic platonicly. I get that he's trying to reassure Matt, who's obviously getting a bit jealous where Radic's concerned, but is he also saying he's some sort of ultimate authority on romance? [continues to be slow]
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry. I was just saying that it didn't look like it was necessarily a mistake to me. If it helps, I wasn't doing it to annoy you. I'm an English Lit. student: I've been trained to look into things in an unreasonable level of detail and analyse them. We're also not marked down if we have things blatantly wrong so long as we can explain our 'logic' behind what we say so...Yeah.
    Yeah, i know... sorry. I was just pointing it out. Didn't mean to imply it was a mistake.

I don't quite get what Tinder means when he says he'd know if Lloyd wasn't hugging Radic platonicly. I get that he's trying to reassure Matt, who's obviously getting a bit jealous where Radic's concerned, but is he also saying he's some sort of ultimate authority on romance? [continues to be slow]
    He knows because dragons are... highly lustful creatures

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

So was I:
    - Elf is on the right side of the table, brown-hair is on the left.(panel three)
    Elf wants to be closer to brown-hair and walks/glomps over towards the left to giver her a hug. (off panel)
    Elf goes far enough to the left to be in front of brown-hair so he can see brown-hair's face etc. (off panel)
    'Cuddles' happen. Elf and brown-hair are both on the left side of the table, Elf being furthest to the left. (panel four)

...I think I'm beginning to understand how these threads get filled up so quickly!
    Welcome to the Internet.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Welcome to the Internet.
    I'm allowed to complain back, Asta

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

He knows because dragons are... highly lustful creatures
    Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to as well. He's acting like he's some sort of ultimate authority because he probably is.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

DruidGirl

What, to on top of the table?
    Green haired elf/half elf probably just came over to get closer to brown haired-chick.
    ...Am I the only one who thought for a split-second that Inkyrius was making a Murphy's Law cameo for some reason?
    Now that you mention it...well, V and Inky are divorced but still, it is sad Inky has forgotten V so quickly.

But at least Inky and the children are safe from the revenge of the black dragon in this comic.
    Last edited by Themrys; 2011-02-04 at 03:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Colossus in the Playground

Haha, is it Kyrie? Was I perhaps doing that subconsciously? Hah, I dunno; I wanted to get this up before I went to sleep and was tired. Yes, I know the two of them are flipped, but I tried having the two of them switch positions and I think it looks a bit better this way. Also...Yeah, they kinda are only minutes away from going at it right on the table, she's kinda trying to take his shirt off...Thankfully someone else is about to step in...Hopefully...

As a dragon, Tinder's got keen senses. He'd probably be able to see if, say, Lloyd's pupils dilated or something. Or he's trying to placate Matt. Your call.

And they have been punished for it. The thing was that Ethan was about to execute all of them. Lloyd came up with the fastest solution he could think of. He could have done better, but...
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2011-02-04 at 03:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    In the last panel they seem to be going for Fourth Base. That does not usually happen in the bars I frequent. Perhaps I go to the wrong bars.
    Again with the . They've still got all their clothes on and it's still typical foreplay...nothing shocking unless this is one of those formal, high society bars that I'm not sure exist or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    And they have been punished for it. The thing was that Ethan was about to execute all of them. Lloyd came up with the fastest solution he could think of. He could have done better, but...
    So...some were imprisoned? A zone of truth was slapped up to find which bandits had murdered before and THOSE were executed? I didn't see any punishment. Asking them to move and taking the stuff they had acquired through banditry doesn't count.

I hope you don't get the impression I don't like the comic. I do, but as has been stated before...you need to show those things that you know and are assuming the reader will infer.

Maybe YOU need to release a compilation with the author commentary and the bonus comics and the background info and the nice laaaady!

Suggestions for bonus material: A world map, geographic facts (which cities produce what and whom they trade with), details on the planes, background on each of the deities and their religions, with excerpts from their holy texts.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2011-02-04 at 03:59 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    Again with the . They've still got all their clothes on and it's still typical foreplay...nothing shocking unless this is one of those formal, high society bars that I'm not sure exist or not.
    Look at the elf's waist. Her pants are coming off.

Look at the elf's hair. It's being messed up.

They're on top of a table.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Look at the elf's waist. Her pants are coming off.

Look at the elf's hair. It's being messed up.

They're on top of a table.
    That elf looks like a man-type to me. Are you just constantly wanting to see lady-types making-out? You pervert.

And feeling someone up, messing their hair, wallowing on top of a table...that's all perfectly normal makeout behavior. You don't have to be standing up for it, you know.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

That elf looks like a man-type to me. Are you just constantly wanting to see lady-types making-out? You pervert.
    Maybe tee hee

And feeling someone up, messing their hair, wallowing on top of a table...that's all perfectly normal makeout behavior. You don't have to be standing up for it, you know.
    Taking their clothes off is not.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Um, guys? You can stop arguing about it now. It's been clarified by the author herself.

Also...Yeah, they kinda are only minutes away from going at it right on the table, she's kinda trying to take his shirt off...Thankfully someone else is about to step in...Hopefully...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Taking their clothes off is not.
    Actually, it is...to do some proper groping and up-feeling, it's often necessary to lift or pull clothes to get your hand in there.

Also...Yeah, they kinda are only minutes away from going at it right on the table, she's kinda trying to take his shirt off...Thankfully someone else is about to step in...Hopefully...
    Even still again, even - normal back-of-a-bar stuff...a nice detail in the background that really adds some color to the scene, like a jukebox or a centerpiece or the archetypal shifty-looking-guy-with-a-trenchcoat-full-of-(hopefully)-merchandise. Serrin's maybe the only one young enough to be shocked by that sort of thing, and if she's walked in on her parents, she should have an immunity to the sleaze damage that would inflict.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2011-02-04 at 04:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, it is...to do some proper groping and up-feeling, it's often necessary to lift or pull clothes to get your hand in there.

That settles it, i'm never going on a date. EVER.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm not one for drinking, but if someone named their place "The Plot Hook", I might actually stop in (probably hoping the bartender would point me to an adventure).

Anyway, this was a rather sweet moment. Nice to see that they've bonded as a group, though they're probably still a long way from becoming a Nakama.

Finally, man, those elves move fast. No more for them.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

I like how in a good, warming, heartfelt scene of forgiveness, everyone's focusing on the couple making out in the background.
    My Avatar Adoption Center
    (I take personal avatar requests!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a True Neutral Gnome Bard (1st level)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMuffin View Post
    I like how in a good, warming, heartfelt scene of forgiveness, everyone's focusing on the couple making out in the background.
    You mean the one we all knew was coming, on virtue that if it didn't the characters would all break up?

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Nuh uh!! If you check, you'll see my first comment after the update was about how Serrin is adorable as ever.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

And I touched on the warm, fuzzy feelings of the scene, thank you very much.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean the one we all knew was coming, on virtue that if it didn't the characters would all break up?
    I'm sure it would have had an impact if there was any build up, but like I said in my comment, I didn't even think it was an issue. Lloyd's whole personality is based on atonement and guilt about what he did. All the characters know this. There never was any threat of them breaking up until the first panel of this strip. Even then, it was all in Lloyd's head. All the tension was dissipated in the next few panels.

It's still a nice way to shift the view and let us know that we're back to Team Gale and not in Kago anymore.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2011-02-05 at 01:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Says the guy who's a fan of the Miko/Sangwan or whatever her name is pairing.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

The only thing that make out in the background tells me is that Humans and Elves are more open minded with couples in this world than most others.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Says the guy who's a fan of the Miko/Sangwan or whatever her name is pairing.
    That's the joke.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

That settles it, i'm never going on a date. EVER.
    You know, not everybody will do that on a date. *fake-sage nod*

Especially not if they know you don't like being touched.

Thus why I'd give it a chance before getting bored and invite everybody to play a Mario game or something.

And just to be on topic, is it just me or are tehre a few odd hair colours going around? Or was that explained as an elf trait at some point?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I didn't notice the background action until the last panel. XD

I noticed something else, though. Serrin is excited about booze. This isn't the Elven Lands, so the booze won't be properly watered-down or anything. And I have a feeling she may want to drink something besides Elven Wine. Sooooooo...

The Elf in the background was just drinking basic ale, and that led to a friggin' drunk make-out session.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    You know, not everybody will do that on a date. *fake-sage nod*

Especially not if they know you don't like being touched.
    Also, there are quite a few people who have problems with sex before marriage. Most of my family is in fact. That hasn't stopped some people but whatever.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01
    I noticed something else, though. Serrin is excited about booze. This isn't the Elven Lands, so the booze won't be properly watered-down or anything. And I have a feeling she may want to drink something besides Elven Wine. Sooooooo...

The Elf in the background was just drinking basic ale, and that led to a friggin' drunk make-out session.
    Do we know it was just basic ale? The Elixir of Love is an honest-to-alignment wondrous item, after all, and not even that expensive... However, yes, this shapes up to become quite... interesting is the word, I guess.

Concerning the make-out session (You know, I wonder if this has anything to do with the "Kiss-and-make-up/out"-banter in the last thread... ) itself, however... Nice. Seriously. It's just so randomly there and gets all intense in the panel Tinder goes "it's platonic". And all the time you sort of expect someone to notice. And when someone finally visibly does... it's some random shmoe in the background. That right there? Visual side-gags done oh-so-completely right.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2011-02-05 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Mas lingua?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

...Am I the only one who thought for a split-second that Inkyrius was making a Murphy's Law cameo for some reason?
    He's obviously already gotten over losing V.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

30. - Top - End - #60
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    And just to be on topic, is it just me or are tehre a few odd hair colours going around? Or was that explained as an elf trait at some point?
    Species with arcanic talent in the blood (Elves and gnomes, though gnomes don't live on this continent) tend to have funky hair colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    I didn't notice the background action until the last panel. XD

They were probably going to do it anyway, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Worlok View Post
    Concerning the make-out session (You know, I wonder if this has anything to do with the "Kiss-and-make-up/out"-banter in the last thread... ) itself, however... Nice. Seriously. It's just so randomly there and gets all intense in the panel Tinder goes "it's platonic". And all the time you sort of expect someone to notice. And when someone finally visibly does... it's some random shmoe in the background. That right there? Visual side-gags done oh-so-completely right.
    Haha! You noticed! Thanks!