New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by leakingpen View Post
    If there's grass on the field, play ball. If there's not, play in the mud.
    That's both hilarious and really, really wrong.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    ... That analogy is kinda hard to follow because that's not at all how sports fields work
    ...Pubic hair. 'Play in the mud' should be self-explanatory.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    ...Pubic hair. 'Play in the mud' should be self-explanatory.
    ... "You don't wanna know."

That's all you had to say.

Hell, you could've played along with the joke

"Next you're gonna tell me you can't get rid of a disease by killing the patient."
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-03-30 at 12:26 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

"Next you're gonna tell me you can't get rid of a disease by killing the patient."
    I mistook your confusion for an inquiry. Oh well, now you know and knowing is half the battle! G.I. Joe!
    On topic, I just noticed the yellow words behind the kids, what does that say?
    Last edited by Marnath; 2011-03-30 at 12:32 PM.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

I mistook your confusion for an inquiry. Oh well, now you know and knowing is half the battle! G.I. Joe!
    I said that your analogy was hard to follow, not that i cared where it was going T.T

I think they say Jon Good Loves You... or something =/

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I didn't intend for my Polanski joke to go that far (although it gratifies my ego).

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

7. - Top - End - #697
    Barbarian in the Playground

[squints at yellow words]

...yeah I'm getting the same as HalfTangible there.

[pauses and does a double take at the first panel]

....Alastair: am I crazy or did that name come up in the piece of writing from one of the spin offs that Coffee did which was largely about eating noodles on a grave?
    ....can't it be both? (Or neither?)

Edit:

[makes use of the "search" function]
    Am I just a terrible judge of character?
    Also, how close in time to Murphy's Law is the prequel? I seem to remember reading they would be taking place at very similar times possibly even with some overlap...?
    Ugh. So much for my speculation...
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-03-30 at 06:10 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

8. - Top - End - #698
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    [squints at yellow words]

...yeah I'm getting the same as HalfTangible there.

[pauses and does a double take at the first panel]

....Alastair: am I crazy or did that name come up in the piece of writing from one of the spin offs that Coffee did which was largely about eating noodles on a grave?
    ....can't it be both? (Or neither?)

Edit:

[makes use of the "search" function]
    Am I just a terrible judge of character?
    Also, how close in time to Murphy's Law is the prequel? I seem to remember reading they would be taking place at very similar times possibly even with some overlap...?
    Ugh. So much for my speculation...
    Jon Good Loves You; it's a bit of an inside joke. The prequel, Roleplaying Experience? It takes place over a span of 20 years or so, ending right at the start of Murphy's Law proper. The sequel, Masters of Aequar? Takes place about nine years after the end of Murphy's Law.

And by judge of character, what do you mean and what are you thinking?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2011-03-30 at 06:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #699

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Jon Good Loves You; it's a bit of an inside joke. The prequel, Roleplaying Experience? It takes place over a span of 20 years or so, ending right at the start of Murphy's Law proper. The sequel, Masters of Aequar? Takes place about nine years after the end of Murphy's Law.

And by judge of character, what do you mean and what are you thinking?
    Hum.

Well by judge of character I meant that I thought the cleric character who just appeared in Murphy's Law was genuine and would become some sort of foil for Janine that we'd come back to later, but this most recent update has Cyrus calling him "Uncle Alistair". The Alistair in the piece of writing with the noodles comes across as being... really not too nice... and thus if they were the same character I'd probably have got things a bit wrong with my guesswork. Another thing about the extract you posted in the fourth thread is that Alistair thinks about a boy and a girl and a sacrifice and there being not one but two and the girl being more cautious than the boy. If it were near enough to the end of the prequel the boy and girl could have been Cyrus and Lucille although they look like they're meant to be pretty young to me so it could be that they weren't really viable candidates for those roles...
    Also it kind of read like the albino guy might have been the boy... or like he was trying to protect the kids... too little to go on.

Basically: not really sure what to think. I got the impression of someone at least slightly older than the cleric when I read the extract the first time though. I guess it could be a family name. Or they could be the same. Or you could have changed the names as you developed the plot more. Or they could be different characters with the same name by coincidence. Or it could be an elaborate ruse....

[/stumped]
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    Or it could be an elaborate ruse....
    Speaking of which, maybe the point of Janine's encounter was to get her to make the Divine Vow. Alistair's goal could have been removing her ability to cast magic, not killing Lucille and Cyrus. If he is a villain, I imagine him to be an honorable sort who wouldn't hurt a couple of kids, but would deprive someone of magic at a crucial moment. Or maybe it was the goal of someone the party hasn't run into yet.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-03-30 at 10:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Speaking of which, maybe the point of Janine's encounter was to get her to make the Divine Vow. Alistair's goal could have been removing her ability to cast magic, not killing Lucille and Cyrus. If he is a villain, I imagine him to be an honorable sort who wouldn't hurt a couple of kids, but would deprive someone of magic at a crucial moment. Or maybe it was the goal of someone the party hasn't run into yet.
    Or it could've been a freak coincidence and some big bad decides to make his move within those next 72 hours without any knowledge of the Divine Vow.
    >.>
    <.<
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Or it could've been a freak coincidence and some big bad decides to make his move within those next 72 hours without any knowledge of the Divine Vow.
    >.>
    <.<
    I think you should give up. It doesn't look like anybody here wants to listen.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    *snort* Something happening that is extremely helpful to the villian by pure cosmic coincidence? Lunacy! =O

Slightly less silly:
    Silver, do you know why Chekov's gun always fires? Because you were told it was loaded

While everyday life is full of mundane, useless things that are just there to be there and are really unimportant to what you're doing at the time, everything put into a book or comic is there for a purpose, ranging from scene setting (the sounds of seagulls in a port) to making you laugh (marmalade on the kitchen table)

The divine vow may have been there just to show an aspect of Janine's character, but considering how long it's going to last, it's probably going to come up for some other purpose.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-03-30 at 10:45 PM.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, I'm just guessing, here. For all I know, the only thing that could come of that vow is a gag based on the trials and tribulations of a character who has suddenly become something very like a superhero without the powers.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-03-31 at 12:54 AM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Well, I'm just guessing, here. For all I know, the only thing that could come of that vow is a gag based on the trials and tribulations of a character who has suddenly become something very like a superhero without the powers.
    Are you saying Jannine has become Batman?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, has it already been 72 hours? And those two are still in the bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    Hm, has it already been 72 hours? And those two are still in the bar?
    No. It just jumped back as a "Meanwhile, back in drunk'sville". The spell itself doesn't take 72 hours to cast, it just you can't cast any spells afterwards for 72 hours.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

18. - Top - End - #708
    Bugbear in the Playground

Actually, I'm reading an online web novel (Tales of Mu), in which certain diseases are cured by a potion that temporarily makes you undead, since, if your dead, the disease no longer can live in you. (it also makes a great morning after pill, apparently)
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by leakingpen View Post
    Actually, I'm reading an online web novel (Tales of Mu), in which certain diseases are cured by a potion that temporarily makes you undead, since, if your dead, the disease no longer can live in you. (it also makes a great morning after pill, apparently)
    It was an 8 bit theatre reference Used as justification for global genocide
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-04-01 at 10:53 AM.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #710

Update later tonight. Owlbears are involved.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2011-04-01 at 02:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #711

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Update later tonight. Owlbears are involved.
    Oh owlbears... you and your succinct summary (offered by your very name) of all that is baffling in traditional d&d genetics....
    Current avatar by Zefir

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Update+Owlbears=Happy Dusk
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

23. - Top - End - #713

I really want to know how an owlbear will be related to something happening in the strip. I'm thinking drunken shenanigans. Anyone else have a guess?

Can't wait for the update to find out.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I really want to know how an owlbear will be related to something happening in the strip. I'm thinking drunken shenanigans. Anyone else have a guess?

Can't wait for the update to find out.
    For some reason I am thinking on something along the lines an X, an X and an Owlbear enter a bar and .....

Or maybe Serrin polymorphing into an owlbear...
    Just call me Dusk

25. - Top - End - #715

Update time!

#124: Not So Much Singing As Screaming
    Spoiler
    Show

And as for the owlbear...Check the date.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

There aren't any owlbear references in that.

... Oh, now I get it.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-04-01 at 05:57 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

.... stupid April's fool.. it isn't even celebrated in my country!!!

Well coffee I demand* a strip with an owlbear!!!!

*(read request)
    Just call me Dusk

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Why is Fir going back into the bar?

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Why is Fir going back into the bar?
    Dunno, perhaps he is going in to exact bloody revenge on the thrice cursed Dwarven Ale and/or Dwarven Whiskey? [/hopeful]
    Just call me Dusk

30. - Top - End - #720

oh Coffee, you tricksy little devil.
    My Avatar Adoption Center
    (I take personal avatar requests!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a True Neutral Gnome Bard (1st level)