New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

"It could be carried by a Kagoan swallow!"
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

There's just something adorable about a little spellcasting kitty blowing its top over its owner's drunken behavior.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-04-02 at 01:33 AM.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aaaoooh, Coffee. You are tricksy aren't you?

The funny thing is I actually wondered earlier in the day if you would do anything April foolsy since an update was due if you could manage it. I concluded that you took the comic too seriously to do a joke strip instead of an update so I figured you wouldn't.

But you did! (do something for April Fools, not a joke strip) [sulks about being "got"] I think one of the reasons April Fools joke failed to suggest itself until your reveal was because it's traditionally a morning thing and it was night time for me when you said it... Yeah, that'll be it. I'm not gullible ever

And this week's strip was particularly good, in my opinion. Tinder's so resigned to Team Gale's antics...
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

4. - Top - End - #724
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh, there is the mandatory Monty Python reference when talking about coconuts... Good they've stopped drinking, though. I think neither of them'd have wanted to end with cirrhosis... Now, now, in spite of looking like an idiot, I've got to ask... what's that "Hedgehog Song"?

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

A Terry Pratchett reference, containing all the way a person can have sex with all animals except the hedgehog. A google search should provide ample explanation.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #726

Quote Originally Posted by TLMonkey View Post
    Oh, there is the mandatory Monty Python reference when talking about coconuts... Good they've stopped drinking, though. I think neither of them'd have wanted to end with cirrhosis... Now, now, in spite of looking like an idiot, I've got to ask... what's that "Hedgehog Song"?
    [looks up "cirrhosis" in a dictionary]
    Indeed. Liver damage = bad!
    Seriously though, this strip was "good" because the drunks were fictional enough for me to find it funny and it was acknowledged within the strip that drunk ≠ hilarious + harmless. Or at least not always.
    I thought "could a bird carry a coconut?" sounded vaguely familiar, I just couldn't place it... really need to work my way through this Python stuff, I know it's funny and the references... the references are omnipresent! But I've only got so much time to watch tv etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    A Terry Pratchett reference, containing all the way a person can have sex with all animals except the hedgehog. A google search should provide ample explanation.
    You could also find out a fair bit about it by sifting thrugh this thread. It's come up off and on since it was first mentioned in the comic. Obviously there's a lot of other banter in between, mind.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    You could also find out a fair bit about it by sifting thrugh this thread. It's come up off and on since it was first mentioned in the comic. Obviously there's a lot of other banter in between, mind.
    And if you don't want to spend the rest of the day sifting through all the chatter, the gist of it was me asking what the Hedgehog song was, lyrics plzand everyone telling me that it wasn't board appropriate to list them here.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

8. - Top - End - #728

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    And if you don't want to spend the rest of the day sifting through all the chatter, the gist of it was me asking what the Hedgehog song was, lyrics plzand everyone telling me that it wasn't board appropriate to list them here.
    true,
    + Asta Kask linked a fan produced extensive version of the lyrics of the song Coffee's refering to with annotations and I think a suggested musical score/ enough information to help you track one down a version you could listen to on youtube
    + I left a quotation about the piece by the author who inspired it
    + Somebody else mentioned another Hedgehog Song that they thought it might have been a reference to (except it wasn't)

in other words, the subject was discussed at some length and said discussion was reasonably diverting. Or I thought it was, anyway [glances down at signature].Worth a look if you have the spare time on your hands? (I'm on a year out myself so most of my time is "spare time" I just have a lot of stuff I need/ want to do in it)
    Google is your friend too, mind.
    Current avatar by Zefir

9. - Top - End - #729
    Colossus in the Playground

I actually made up these lyrics myself. Except for the giraffe one.

10. - Top - End - #730

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I actually made up these lyrics myself. Except for the giraffe one.
    I assumed you would have but I've not read enough discworld to know for sure yet (I think I've read ...[counts on fingers] maybe six of 'em, excluding The Amazing Maurice and the Tiffany Aching series, honestly I feel thick saying it but the adult books usually go faster than my reading brain does, I'm dyslexic so it's a bit tricky) I also only gave the lyrics Asta linked a cursorary glance so can't remember. It all sounds about right though, so ...well done?

Does the coconuts song count as a Lion King reference or is it mostly me that associates it with Zazu very strongly? I know it's older than LK because the Muppets did it in a skit once...

Also, is Fir a boy-cat or a girl-cat? I lean towards the former but can never remember, I also have roughly a 50% chance of being wrong either way... But my mind's made Fir sound like Rowan Atkinson now...
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-04-03 at 07:06 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir

11. - Top - End - #731

I assumed you would have but I've not read enough discworld to know for sure yet (I think I've read ...[counts on fingers] maybe six of 'em, excluding The Amazing Maurice and the Tiffany Aching series, honestly I feel thick saying it but the adult books usually go faster than my reading brain does, I'm dyslexic so it's a bit tricky) I also only gave the lyrics Asta linked a cursorary glance so can't remember. It all sounds about right though, so ...well done?

Does the coconuts song count as a Lion King reference or is it mostly me that associates it with Zazu very strongly? I know it's older than LK because the Muppets did it in a skit once...

Also, is Fir a boy-cat or a girl-cat? I lean towards the former but can never remember, I also have roughly a 50% chance of being wrong either way... But my mind's made Fir sound like Rowan Atkinson now...
    Thank you! The coconut song isn't a Lion King reference, but I definitely know where you're coming from!

And Fir's a girl. Who's Rowan Atkinson?

12. - Top - End - #732

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Thank you! The coconut song isn't a Lion King reference, but I definitely know where you're coming from!

And Fir's a girl. Who's Rowan Atkinson?
    Instantly I feel less guilty about failing on my Monty Python knowledge.

Rowan Atkinson is the man behind Mr Bean and Edmund Blackadder and voice of Zazu the hornbill in the first disney Lion King film.

Edited to Add: And you could also have heard of him from the film Johnny English... if you do know who he is, you'll realise it's kind of odd to imagine a female cat to sound like him...
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-04-03 at 07:20 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Instantly I feel less guilty about failing on my Monty Python knowledge.

Rowan Atkinson is the man behind Mr Bean and Edmund Blackadder and voice of Zazu the hornbill in the first disney Lion King film.

Edited to Add: And you could also have heard of him from the film Johnny English... if you do know who he is, you'll realise it's kind of odd to imagine a female cat to sound like him...
    wait... Mr. bean is Zazu?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I searched very hard for that stinkin' Owlbear.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    wait... Mr. bean is Zazu?
    ...Oh gods, you're right. How did I never notice that?

Watching the Lion King will hever be the same again.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Listen closely...

Although my favorite is Be Prepared.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Listen closely...

Although my favorite is Be Prepared.
    Mine's a tie between Be Prepared and My Lullaby

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #738

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Mine's a tie between Be Prepared and My Lullaby
    I used to think "My Lullaby" was "My Little Boy" for quite a time... it's rather dark, but I suppose so is Be Prepared, Scar's just so much more sophisticated than silly ol-- topic? What's that? we're talking about a webcomic? Oop. Sorry guys.

I guess the real question is, does a drunken Serrin sound more like this, this or this? (I hope for the rest of Team Gale's sake she doesn't go for the high notes of the Merv Griffin one, ouch!)
    Given that the second one's the only one with a female voice in there (presumably because it's also the only one to feature multiple singers and part of the song refers to a wife (the idol of a life)?) one might imagine it to be the closest match I suppose. To that I say: "Eh".
    Current avatar by Zefir

19. - Top - End - #739

Aww, where did everyone go? Doesn't matter; even if everyone stops reading this comic, I'll still update!

#125: Here She Comes To Save The Day
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

That's a pretty nice familiar.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

An ENTIRE blue-fin tuna?
    wow.
    Despite everything, its still me.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

Fir is the BEST.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Fir is the BEAST.
    Fixed that for you.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

TWO scrolls? Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by master256 View Post
    TWO scrolls? Wow.
    Matt got drunk too remember?

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Matt got drunk too remember?
    Oh, right. didn't think Serrin was quite drunk enough to break the spell description.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Yup. Fir is pretty badass, if I do say so myself.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

28. - Top - End - #748

Yay spell casting kitty!

I think that last panel's probably going to be a long lasting favourite of mine.
    Current avatar by Zefir

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

What onecount was radic referring to?

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #750
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Wow, Fir can be intimidating.