New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Prince Riley is officially awesome. Looks and brains? Winning formula!
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Enemy of the state aside, there is a very good chance that the random Kagoan cleric would be able to recognize him. This IS inspired by OotS, after all. Unlikely events are expected to happen if they will cause some amount of conflict.

3. - Top - End - #1023

No Riley I'm afraid, but I managed to pull this together with inkscape and GIMP last night. Hope it's ok? Took me a while because my inkscape-fu is negligeable and I gave up twice before finally finishing it.
    T'was actually a pretty educational experience making it...

If people are going to use it I think I'd prefer it if they rehosted to their own accounts where possible but otherwise I'll leave the restrictions of use up to Coffee as it's her characters and they were almost directly (albeit amateurishly) traced from the comic. I'm not going to be publishing it outside of this forum. Virtual confectionary points to anyone who can find the comic and panels the drawings come from, sorry some of it doesn't show up great on the white background.

ETA: I think this is the version with a white backdrop - I can upload a transparent background version if that's preferred... I've still got the .xcf and .svg files.
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-05-15 at 04:58 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd recommend cropping out the originals from the comic instead to be honest, though your taste is impeccable.
    Last edited by blackjack217; 2011-05-15 at 05:05 PM.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

5. - Top - End - #1025

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    I'd recommend cropping out the originals from the comic instead to be honest, though your taste is impeccable.
    They're pretty obviously not Coffee originals yeah... but for whatever reason I'm not so comfortable about posting somebody else's work in with mine without express permission from the original artist. Plus, I can crop relatively well but it'd still show that they were cut out from somewhere else which for this project... isn't so much to my tastes...

Thanks for your honesty though!
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Colossus in the Playground

Thank you, Rigby! Though if you don't want to trace, why don't you try to draw it yourself? Of course, I'm not telling you to do anything, seriously.

7. - Top - End - #1027

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Thank you, Rigby! Though if you don't want to trace, why don't you try to draw it yourself? Of course, I'm not telling you to do anything, seriously.
    You're welcome
    Mm... not quite sure what you're asking, sorry.
    It basically was traced, as in I saved a copy* of the comics in question to my PC for reference, imported them into inkscape and then made my own pieces comparing them directly. So in a sense I both traced it and drew it myself...? If you meant why not draw it in the sort of style I've used for Murphy's Law fanart before... the main reasons are that it doesn't always translate cleanly into banner-scaled form and that I've still not finished the two previous fanart things I started for ML ages ago. There's method to my madness, it's just highly irregular.

*Copy, in this case, means: a cropped and fairly heavily pixelated screencap. Not the cleanest way to do it, I confess...

ETA: Meant to say, btw: how come there's no love for "Mark"'s character design? Guy has like, brand new hair and everything (at least, I don't recognise the style). His skin tone looks to be the same as Matt's - does that mean he's from Tobeem too somewhere down the line or is it coincidental, I wonder?
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-05-16 at 12:47 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir

8. - Top - End - #1028

Yeah, Mark's the first guy in the comic with a full beard. And update time!

#132: And All The Characters Merely Players

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

The plot hook has come in the form of a young prince!

So now they're all gonna have to infiltrate Kago, get some help from Lloyd's friends, kill Rust, and then do something about Kago's government. Or something like that.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-05-17 at 03:35 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

...Riley RULES. SO MUCH.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it just me or does Tinder look more disturbed about this than Lloyd?

Since the others haven't reacted much I'd guess the significance would be lost on most non-Kagoans, but Tinder isn't Kagoan either so

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post

Since the others haven't reacted much I'd guess the significance would be lost on most non-Kagoans, but Tinder isn't Kagoan either so
    Yeah, Tinder's extremely shocked about this. I wonder why...

I got it! Tinder's actually a dragon in human form! Wait, we already knew that.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-05-17 at 05:47 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

13. - Top - End - #1033

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post

Tinder, as a dragon, has a vested interest in the whole Kagoan government/ edict of toleration thingummy seeing as if he isn't technically one of the plavaan races he's as good as. His backstory shows he has fairly good reason to be "on the plavaan side" of the conflict - so if Byron's dead, then that means there's gonna be chaos about the succession which could mean things can only get worse for the monster races I guess. Especially now that Tinder's heard Lloyd's version of events and knows that most of the young uns in positions of power have already been conditioned to hate or what have you. Either way the fact that Tinder has strong feelings on Kago as a state has come up more than once - he decided to hate Lloyd almost on sight when he was under the impression Lloyd was a paladin of Kago (which he kind of was, but eh) during the initial fight in the woods before he joined up thing.

The others... Serrin I guess was probably kind of of the view that Byron was a bad egg anyhow so doesn't know what to think whereas Matt and Radic would just be plain neutral on that I guess. Where'd Janine go by the way?

Re: Mark's beard: another milestone for the comic I guess?

ETA: I was ninja'd by the terribly swift SwiftMongoose, of course, you don't have to be swift to ninja me as I take ages to type most of the time. As for Janine, I'm assuming she's just behind Matt and slightly out of shot.
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-05-17 at 06:10 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir

14. - Top - End - #1034

It's because your posts are so long.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Pixie in the Playground

Yay! Breaking the 4th wall! And Lloyd probably blew his "I'm not from Kago" cover with that comment... I agree with what someone wrote earlier in a post, they'll end up going to Kago, sooner or later... But I think it's gonna be a while until they get there and/or resolve the problems there are there. P.S.: Does that sentence make any sense?

Anyway, it's pretty good, I just wish you had all the time in the world to continue it even at a faster pace

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone else think this is a good time for a massive orgy?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #1037

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    NO seriously

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

NO
    Agreed. I have good reasons not to.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-05-18 at 04:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

What makes it better than any other time?
    ...and what makes this murphy related?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #1040

What.

...Update Friday, guys! Or Saturday, because I just exceeded the bandwidth. *Sigh*
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2011-05-18 at 04:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Firbolg in the Playground

Um......I don't really know how to respond to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    What makes it better than any other time?
    Well, it was obvious that you would be supporting it.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2011-05-18 at 04:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1042

NO seriously
    +1

WHY????

DM
    The Lords of Uncloaked Steel
    "But iron - cold iron - is master of them all."

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Really no special reason.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Also goddamn it Asta, host your avatar yourself.

@Coffee have you considered using a different image hosting site? If you posted everything on, say, DeviantArt, you wouldn't have to worry about bandwith, and the archives would be much easier to browse through.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

i dont know about the rest of you but i've had no issues with Immageshack.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1046

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Also goddamn it Asta, host your avatar yourself.

@Coffee have you considered using a different image hosting site? If you posted everything on, say, DeviantArt, you wouldn't have to worry about bandwith, and the archives would be much easier to browse through.
    Well, it should be all better by tomorrow. Deviantart...I'll think about it.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    i dont know about the rest of you but i've had no issues with Immageshack.
    Imageshack shrinks your image if it's too tall.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    Imageshack shrinks your image if it's too tall.
    ...I have comic pages on my Imageshack and I never experienced that.

May just be scatter-brained but I could always click on them to get the original size.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

29. - Top - End - #1049

And we're back! Update when I get home from school.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ettin in the Playground

YES! *twiddles thums whilst refreshing every ten seconds*
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII