New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Yay! There's our favourite riding dog!

Also at Serrin's reaction to Janine just wanting water. Some people just don't like drinking, ok? Mind, I don't do it because I don't like the taste - I imagine Janine has a deeper reason for it. I also don't know think I know the milk joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    And you do?
    Think of me as almost Co-Author when it comes to the Peakane family.
    Silverraptor gets extra spoilers because Lucrid and Saffrin (sp?) came from a roleplaying game he played with Coffee, in which he played Lucrid right? That's what I remember reading a thread or two ago anyway.

I've done the 'pencils' for part four of five of that cover project I was doing, by the way Coffee, and while I'm on that subject I should maybe point out that the first post still links to the first draft of part three, rather than the updated version with Lloyd and Janine's newer faces.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Fixed it. Also, Serrin wasn't talking about the fact that Janine wasn't drinking, she's wondering why Janine got water and not milk; the joke being that whenever someone who doesn't drink goes into a bar, they order milk, not water.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Fixed it. Also, Serrin wasn't talking about the fact that Janine wasn't drinking, she's wondering why Janine got water and not milk; the joke being that whenever someone who doesn't drink goes into a bar, they order milk, not water.
    Serrin's dad is a bard. He would've told her all about those cliche's. And yes, we played a roleplaying game together. And when the roleplay just "died", we just PMed back and forth, time skipping through their life until the present.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #154

Huh. Maybe that's more common in America. Here the default drink for those who don't drink alcohol seems to be orange juice; it's a running gag/motif in Inspector Morse (Morse is a big drinker and Lewis has to drive him everywhere so whenever the two go to a pub Lewis is only ever allowed orange juice. After the series had ended due to both Morse and the actor who played him dying, Lewis gets his own spin-off show and deputy. In the first episode Lewis and his sargeant go out for a drink and Lewis has a pint and orders orange juice for his sargeant) and an episode of Yes Minister used this as a plot device. They may be playing with the milk idea though in The IT Crowd where Moss's favourite drink is a White Russian. People don't really tend to drink glasses of milk on its own in Britain unless they're under the age of seven. (In other words, the joke falls a bit flat across the pond )

Thanks for fixing the link.
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-02-11 at 08:09 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Is Radic's phrasework in panel one a reference to That Guy With A Halberd?
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    It's more likely just a clarification due to the bartender not having any clue what their names are.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    It's more likely just a clarification due to the bartender not having any clue what their names are.
    It's both.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

I know there was much discussion last comic, but what is random extra's deal? What kind of sheltered/uptight life does he lead.

"A couple meeting, making out, and going home together in a BAR?!?!?!? Never in my life have I heard of such a thing! Have they no respect for the dignified, somber, and VERRRRRY serious ritual of imbibing alcohol?"

My apologies if this is a spoiler or already mentioned earlier, but is Janine not allowed to drink because of some sort of religious vow or a personal one due to previously being an alcoholic or making a single horrible decision while drunk?

the joke being that whenever someone who doesn't drink goes into a bar, they order milk, not water.
    Errr...I thought that was just the set up. The joke is a non-drinker orders milk, and then a heavy drinker who believes not drinking is a sign of weakness says "are you sure you need a glass or do you want that served right from your momma's nipple, baby?"
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2011-02-11 at 11:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    I know there was much discussion last comic, but what is random extra's deal? What kind of sheltered/uptight life does he lead.

"A couple meeting, making out, and going home together in a BAR?!?!?!? Never in my life have I heard of such a thing! Have they no respect for the dignified, somber, and VERRRRRY serious ritual of imbibing alcohol?"
    You are very good at assuming things based on little evidence and drawing overblown conclusions from them.

EDIT: Ok, to clarify, i mean 'that is a poor assumption to make with so little evidence'. Maybe he was jealous?

Errr...I thought that was just the set up. The joke is a non-drinker orders milk, and then a heavy drinker who believes not drinking is a sign of weakness says "are you sure you need a glass or do you want that served right from your momma's nipple, baby?"

XD never heard that one.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-02-12 at 02:41 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Between your comic and the couple of play by post games I'm in, I'm beginning to love weekends. Also, as a late New Year's resolution, I must refer to what I'm drinking as manliness, liquid manliness, or some variation of either one of these days.

I'm guessing Janine is disturbed by being in the bar, because of something traumatizing which happened the last time she drank, but beyond that, I don't have any decent clue as to what that is. As for the couple making out, maybe the extra was irritated because he had to clean up after them (please don't read more into that comment than is necessary ).

By the way, is Dragonsbreath a reference to one of the Quest for Glory games? And whoever wins the drinking contest, the results promise to be very funny. The owner of the place had better hope Serrin isn't trigger happy with her spells.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-02-12 at 02:53 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I'm sure nothing untoward will happen.

*twitch*

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps one of the two came to the bar with him?

13. - Top - End - #163

Haha, thanks. And that interpretation of Random Extra is funny, but the reason he's ticked off is that the two of them were about to go at it, right in front of him, on the table where he was sitting and drinking.

14. - Top - End - #164

Ah. I hadn't heard that one before either. It makes sense as a joke but Serrin said that "the joke works so much better with milk than with water" (or something along those lines) ...I don't see how the joke above would work at all with water instead of milk. To me it's an odd cliché because I don't think I've ever seen an example of it...

Haha, thanks. And that interpretation of Random Extra is funny, but the reason he's ticked off is that the two of them were about to go at it, right in front of him, on the table where he was sitting and drinking.
    I just assumed he was bar staff and that he was annoyed a) because they spilt drinks everywhere and b) because they ordered another and left before paying for it.
    Also, I don't go to bars but I assume whilst making out may be commonplace, public displays of affection on table-tops are less commonplace. Either way I imagine it would be more shocking if it happened on your table!
    ...or if he'd come to the bar with one of the participants, as per Devmaar's suggestion...
    Current avatar by Zefir

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Now I see, that is just downright inconsiderate.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    You are very good at assuming things based on little evidence and drawing overblown conclusions from them.

Sarcasm: just one of my many talents =D
    How is that sarcasm, unless you're telling me I'm NOT drawing overblown conclusions?
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2011-02-12 at 02:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Now I see, that is just downright inconsiderate.

How is that sarcasm, unless you're telling me I'm NOT drawing overblown conclusions?
    Er, sorry, i edited it because the sarcasm was too close to flaming and forgot to remove the many talents part

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

strangely enough, its only elvess that has ears... and half-elves only has 1
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooh, is the dog going to get drunk from the chicken broth?

Awaiting the next page, as usual. This chugging contest oughta bring in some very hilarious results (I vote make-out session! ).
    If you want to see it, here's my Mario fancomic: Wanderers of the Mushroom Kingdom.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

oooohhhh now i get it, the guy on the back watched his girlfriend makeing out with an elf!
    Despite everything, its still me.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

This cannot end well. I seem to recall Coffee once saying something about Serrin's behavior when drunk. Can't remember what it was, though. But I get the feeling I'll be reminded soon enough...

Also, I thought the guy in the background was irked because it was his girlfriend or something.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

21. - Top - End - #171

Well, I've already written down the very first bit of it and Matt's thoughts for Creative Writing, so that'll be posted with it...

Of course, only when the drinking's getting started.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

I'll just say, it will be funny people. Now, whoever wants to join me in this 2 foot concrete shelter with this missle proof glass when said update happens, there will be a hefty tax.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

I'll just say, it will be funny people. Now, whoever wants to join me in this 2 foot concrete shelter with this missle proof glass when said update happens, there will be a hefty tax.
    :raises hand: I do
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor
    No offense, but you're a total tease, you know that? Now make some room in that shelter, will you?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    :raises hand: I do
    Quote Originally Posted by Worlok View Post
    No offense, but you're a total tease, you know that? Now make some room in that shelter, will you?
    There is a $50 entrance fee. As well as a $10 fee on all food, water, sleeping quarters, and hours staying respectively. If you find yourself locked in for whatever reason this is completely normal and just wait until it is unlocked later. Feel free at that time to go to sleep at any moment.

3/4th of all your taxes and fees will be provided to Coffee's noble effort of providing the caffine-free patches for those so increadibly hyper that they would be willing to do anything to just calm down.

Okay. I've had my fun. XD

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

There is a $50 entrance fee. As well as a $10 fee on all food, water, sleeping quarters, and hours staying respectively. If you find yourself locked in for whatever reason this is completely normal and just wait until it is unlocked later. Feel free at that time to go to sleep at any moment.

3/4th of all your taxes and fees will be provided to Coffee's noble effort of providing the caffine-free patches for those so increadibly hyper that they would be willing to do anything to just calm down.

Okay. I've had my fun. XD
    Okay.*opens wallet* POOF *huge dust cloud comes out*
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

No thanks, I can withstand hilarity without protection. I'm a comedian, we EXIST to take such things full blast.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    No thanks, I can withstand hilarity without protection. I'm a comedian, we EXIST to take such things full blast.
    I thought comedians existed to DEAL wide-scale apocalyptic hysteria Not TAKE it

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Heh, "chugging manliness straight from the bottle".
    So many innuendo's....
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Well, never a better time to post this fan art sketch than now, what with Valentine's Day and the imminent drinking contest between Matt and Serrin...
    Spoiler
    Show

Drawn without any references, so I probably got Matt's outfit wrong. As for why his hair is down instead of all spiky like it's supposed to be... I blame Serrin. And artistic license.

Opinions?
    And yes, I do ship Serrin/Matt. How could you tell?
    Last edited by Symmys; 2011-02-14 at 07:04 PM.