New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation IC (Bridgar)

Ed'Tois stands among the empty shells that were once his worshipers. Well that put a blunt end to a good night He walks over to the body of Gundigoot V and kneels down. I should notify the next of kin. He snaps his fingers and all the soulless humans in attendance vanish to dust. He lifts The First Coin off of the remains of Ostler. I've got some planning to do, he says to the other gods Meet me at my home in New Hommlet in one week. I feel a plan forming. With that he vanishes.

Ed'tois reappears in New Hommlet in front of Gundigoot's homestead. His only child, a 16 year old girl named Gloria was there.

Gloria, your father is dead, killed by cultists of an appocolypse cult. Worshiping some deity called "The Void"

"So I get my inheritance?"

Err...yes. You also get this he hands her the coin. Its insight pouring into her.

"Excellent, I guess I'll continue to work with the family fortune, then"

Just one moment, I need some time alone with your father's wealth

"Hey, you're the god. I can't stop you."

Right

He makes his way to into the home, past Gloria and down to the basement. The Gundigoot hoard blow him, piles of glittering Gold, Silver, Copper, and Platinum. Ostlers Past! Show yourselves! It wasn't known widely among the humans, but due to their obsession with business and wealth, when humans die their souls stay with their family wealth, their souls tied to how much they've gained in life.

"What is it?" said the first

"We are trying to enjoy our afterlife!" said the second

"Wait did he say that my grandson was dead before?" questioned the third

"Then why isn't my son here?" continued the fourth

It's worse than that, his soul was destroyed....He pauses in respect You have always been the best of the best. he reaches to the mounds of coins and pulls out one platinum, one gold, one silver, and one copper. He places the copper coin on the ground in front of him.

Ostler the Fourth, Charming, Affable, Entrancing He places the copper coin on the ground, he reaches out to the hoard, pulling Ostler the Fourth's soul out and putting it into the coin. The coin shapes itself growing into the form of a man of average build made of copper. No face, but he holds himself with great poise and confidence.

Ostler the Third, Shrewd, Gruff, and Determined He places the sliver coin on the ground, pulling Ostler the Third's soul into it as well. The form this coin grows into is a well muscled and broad, it stretches and flexes with its new body.

Ostler the Second, Intelligent, Quick, and Sharp The gold coin is placed on the ground and Ostler the Second's soul is drawn inside. The shape this one takes is of a tall lithe human, he moves fluidly in his new form, yet also quick and precise with great control.

Ostler the First, Strong willed, Responsible, A born leader Ed'tois places the final platinum coin and shapes the soul of Ostler the First to it. The form that this coin takes is that of the human ideal, perfectly strong, athletic, and muscular. He exudes leadership and projects an aura that demands loyalty.

You four shall be my heralds, Now begone and await my instructions

Withought a Doubt, my Lord Said the fourth
    You got it, Boss Said the Third
    Quicker'n lightning Said the Second
    Your wish is my command Said the First
    With that they vanish.

Ed'tois left the way he came, said goodbye to Gloria and wished her luck in the upcoming election, and bid her a good day. He walked into his mansion's meeting room and awaited the other gods arival. His avatar still waits in his office for Kagar to arrive.

Actions Taken
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Create Heralds, Ed'tois' metal men:
    Ostlar the First: Cleric 15
    Ostlar the Second: Rogue 15
    Ostlar the Third: Fighter 15
    Ostlar the Fourth: Sorcerer 15
    All are made of precious metals and have their respective hardness. They are immune to electricity and can absorb and redirect all electricity effects that affect them to another target or area.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2011-02-19 at 08:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

She looked at what had happened, and at the guests standing around. The gathering was dark, too dark, as if the trajedy had sucked something vital out of the air.

She bowed low to the ground, and picked up a candle. She lit it, her hair hiding her face. She spoke to the soft flickering glow, and to the crowd beyond, using one hand to nuture the flame, sheilding it from the wind.

There is something out there. A void, from which the world was created. It's unhappy with the world, and with the gods, and it tried to destroy everything, just now. To snuff out all life.

She guestured to the side, where the fallen lay.

For the most part, it failed. We are still alive.

We know little about it, and I think it knows little about us. We know it hates creation, and we know it fears our vitality, our life, our joy.
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-02-22 at 01:36 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

But you're right, we must deal with The Fallen.

She held the candle, now burning brightly, aloft, and looked up. And she wept. Wept for the future, for the past, for the fallen, but most of all, for the loss that surrounded them all. And her tears fell, tiny sparkling stars in the candlight, falling in the suddenly still air to the grass at her feet. Then, with a sudden, savage movement, she knealt and swept the still sparkling motes up into the air. They hung, twinkling against the blackness of the night. She raised her arms, the tears still streaming, and they started to glow, to grow brighter and brighter still. The light enveloped the bodies of the fallen, until they could no longer be seen. The light grew brighter, and higher, until it was a vast orb blasting the gathering with it's radiance.

They will never be forgotten, time will not touch them, and their light will never fade.

As her arms dropped, the orb rose, it's light blazing as it swept up higher and higher, lighting the hills briefly as it rose, until it gradually dwindled, taking its place amongst the stars.

Eventually, she stood. She was... different somehow. Taller, more solid, more vital somehow. No longer just a vision of beauty, but someone who had lived, suffered, and carried on. And what she said was the weightier for it.

The creature that did this hates us. Hates the gods, hates the universe, and hates you, our creations. It wanted to unmake us all, and for the moment, it could not. It wanted us cowed, beaten, frightened. It does not understand creation, it does not understand what we are. It does not understand... life.

I was there at the dawn of creation. I was there when it began. I brought you here, because I wanted to share that with you. I tried, tried so hard, to find a way to explain it. I tried to teach the Eloi its beauty, I tried to teach the Ken-zhai its workings, I tried to teach the Primarchs elegence and sophistication, that they could at least encompass it. I think, now I have found a way

She straightens, her soft translucent robes start to glow, lighting her face from underneath, and casting strange shadows over the assembled, and into the night

I was there at the dawn of creation. It went something like this.

She opens her mouth, and the first note struck with the softness of summer rain. Her song was not perfect. The song was raw and vital at first, energy for its own sake, without direction, gradually building towards a focused crescendo. She sang of sky and earth, of rivers and seas, of mountains moved, and forests called from the wild to cover the planes. Of jewels in the sky, and metals in the earth, of places strange and unearthly, of gods, physical and metaphysical. The music was pure, shining, playful, untouchable, and then it grew warmer, softer, and she sang of races born that could think, that could build, and that could marvel at what had come. The sheer exuberence, the sheer vitality, the sheer joy of life thronged through her, and out into the night.

All too soon it ended. In the hush that followed, she smiled a tired smile.

There is more, of course. There will always be more, for we are creation, alive and joyous. But you must sing it.

She shook her head, and the playful look returned, but it was a playfulness not of innocence, of one who has never seen darkness, but rather of one who has seen the dark, and light her candle, and poured out joy.

I came for a party, and I'm going to have a party. I will teach those who wish to learn of this new creation, and what I can of the music of creation. All I ask is that those whom I teach be allowed to teach others, and to travel and spread this new thing across the land. To tell of what has befallen here. On their return, I'm sure they'll have tales of other places yet to tell.

Hesitantly, as if expecting pain but finding none, a few brave souls crept forward. And soon music spread across the gathering, and songs, and dancing. In that small circle of firelight, in that island of light in the vast and unyeilding darkness, there was many things. Pain, and fear, and laughter and music. And joy.

Actions Taken
    Spoiler
    Show

Create plane - Ahsile's Tear. This demiplane is timeless, and holds the bodies of many of those whose souls were taken by the Void. It takes the form of a comet, visible as a (moving) star in the night sky.

Evolve - Ahsile has lost some of her innocence, but gained a little in depth of character.

Create Concept - Music.

Create Concept - Bard, Seeker of the Song, Sublime Chord. Bards travel the land, spreading news, playing music, and generally acting like troublesome gossips. They don't have to worship a particularly deity, but many of them find themselves appreciating beauty, be it asthetic, musical, or the more prosaic beauty of other people's possessions or local beauties. They also find it hard to keep hold of wealth - the Lord of Coin was there, but he left early.
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-02-21 at 06:00 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Week 4 has begun!
    Awesome Avvy thanks to flumphy. Fear the Daelkyr!!!

College is hard.