New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [3.5] Additional Materials

I've been working on my magitech system and have come to dislike our measly excuse for a list of building materials. For my Skyships I'm pretty much choosing between steel, mithral, or adamantine. What about a few other materials to fill in gaps in the weight:strength ratio? Ideas?

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Additional Materials

Eberron has several kinds of magical woods. You should probably check those out.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Bam! I updated a good amount of extra materials from AD&D 2nd in the link. I never completed the material, due to time issues and lack of real response, but I plan to in the future.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Bam! I updated a good amount of extra materials from AD&D 2nd in the link. I never completed the material, due to time issues and lack of real response, but I plan to in the future.
    Very cool, thank you! Wasn't Mithral only 500gp/lb though? Several of your numbers for familiar materials seem a bit... high. I placed Adamantine at only 800gp/lb for my chassi calculations...
    Last edited by Welknair; 2011-02-07 at 06:02 PM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    Very cool, thank you! Wasn't Mithral only 500gp/lb though? Several of your numbers for familiar materials seem a bit... high. I placed Adamantine at only 800gp/lb for my chassi calculations...
    They are different, due to the source being different and the materials being different as well.

The presented materials are meant to replace existing ones entirely when overlap occurs.

Do remember, it also never was completed, so there are references to things that aren't there. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2011-02-07 at 06:05 PM.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    They are different, due to the source being different and the materials being different as well.

The presented materials are meant to replace existing ones entirely when overlap occurs.

Do remember, it also never was completed, so there are references to things that aren't there. Sorry about that.
    Okay, cool. Do you mind if I adapt some of these materials, as long as I add a reference to your thread? Some of these would be quite nice for various things I'm working on in my system...

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, cool. Do you mind if I adapt some of these materials, as long as I add a reference to your thread? Some of these would be quite nice for various things I'm working on in my system...
    You may adopt anything you wish. I only ask for credit, and a report for how things play.

It is recommended that you disregard any reference to spells in those materials, as such is part of an alternate crafting system I never actually got around to converting from AD&D 2nd. I need more time.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Can do! Oh, have you checked out my system yet? I need all the reviewing I can get, given it's size... (Link in the sig)

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Can do! Oh, have you checked out my system yet? I need all the reviewing I can get, given it's size... (Link in the sig)
    I've taken a look, but I don't have a lot of time, what with my setting work and all that.

I may come back to it later though, when I manage to manufacture more time.

Enjoy the material in Adamantly Magical, and do recall that it's incomplete. I can't really emphasize that enough.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm currently working on adapting many of these materials into D&D terms for my himebrew campaign setting. Maybe you can get some ideas and we can help each other out.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.