Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Future (IC)

Ascension Coalition

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Investigate area for anything that might have caused the disturbance. Survey asteroids for Useful minerals.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

TO: GM
    Spoiler
    Show

the exploration ship will investigate the fake asteroid belt for any sign of what caused it. Afterwards, they will survey any planets or asteroids farther out than the fake ring for any useful minerals

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The signal displays no response to your own attempts at communication. However despite having less powerful sensors than the exploration ship the small craft's close proximity to the derelict enable them to detect more power sources. Most of them are dim, however a few are increasing as if in response to your signal.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did they land or are they just doing flybys.

To Ascension Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some thorough scans of the area reveal that a gravitational anomaly was the source of the disturbance. After fine tuning it's sensors to better detect the anomaly the exploration ship charts a course around it and further in system. However it's journey is interrupted by the detection of another gravitational anomaly stronger than the first. And then another and another. Soon sensors readings are showing that the system is packed with anomalies, which get progressively stronger and harder to avoid the further in system the ship travels.

To the Coalition of Allied Planets
    Spoiler
    Show
    The exploration ship's investigations reveals very little. Some of the derelicts are charred and blackened as if caught in a massive explosion. Some show signs of extensive battle damage. And some of the derelicts appear pristine. As if shipped here directly from the shipyards that built them. The only thing they have in common is that each and every one of them is completely dead.

Moving further out to continue it's survey the exploration ship find little of interest. Only a single gas giant lies outside the belt of derelicts. Survey scans reveal only the ordinary range of minerals. Gas mining could be done here, but none of the equipment on board the exploration ship is suited for it.

The very last scan of the gas giant does reveal one thing of interest though. Tucked away at the northern pole is a single derelict. Although relatively small, it is unlike the other derelicts in that the ship's sensors can detect a power source on board.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2011-02-08 at 06:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Suula En'Coi
    GM: ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I thought it was the exact opposite of what was happening, with the smaller things retreating to the inner system.

Study the smaller things then.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Solaris Incorporated

We would like to make it clear that we fully accept the deal provided by the Glorious Kingdom of Procyon for the scout ship. It will be unequipped, of course.
    The Procyon branch of Solaris will send a team of trained geologists down to the light side of Gard to survey the minerals and potential for extraction. Are we correct in presuming that they should be able to conduct this rapidly with (tech ++++)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Well, strangely enough a faction with Reputation 0 and history of past betrayals proved itself to be rather untrustworthy. My hat is off for the Mothriders.

Damn, about 29 stats in one swipe. Since I'm clearly the next I'm booby-trapping every inch of the Maze.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

To Random_person and nolispe
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok now I have to verify this. Because Random_person seems to think the ship is fully stocked and nolipse says it is actually unequipped. Which given the amount Procyon is handing over seems like a really lousy deal. Especially since an unequipped exploration ship only costs +- in the first place.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    The deal changed a lot from ++ permanent economy. I'm happy with it going forth equipped only with + Econ and nothing else (the deal only calls for + Econ now).
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Triad Systems to House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show

Ross 248
    Spoiler
    Show

We would prefer to have solid defenses to protect our world from invasion. Both our neighbors are highly aggressive and expansionist. We fear, that construction of additional defenses might trigger a military attack. Would you be willing to sell ''++'' worth of defense crafts and satellites for + Permanent Economy? Or provide a guarantee, that our system won't be attacked, during the construction of the defenses?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Glorious Kingdom of Procyon (esp. ++++- to read)
    To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You offer leaves our royal curiosity excited, and we are seriously considering your offer. Unfortunately, recent transactions have left our economy all but crippled, and unless certain transactions eventuate shortly we will be forced to decline your genersous offer regarding trade policies. However, that should not stop us from reaching the usual agreements. Thank you for your forward-thinking.

To Trantis Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Although we readily extend the hand of friendship in the form of exchanging goods, we regret that for now the royal purse is so over-extended that any further purchase would be folly. At best, we might pay your lump sum over the course of an extended period (- temp econ for two turns)."

GM: ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    GJ 1061
    The ship broadcasts the standard universal hail, while preparing to leave in a hurry if need be.
    Groombridge 1618
    The counter-missiles normally used in serious warfare are all but useless here, but the ship's powerful gauss cannons should be able to lessen the storm.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ship first flew over the thing and now it'll attempt to land.

To Triad Systems:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ross 248
    Spoiler
    Show

What about the following: You pay us - Perm Econ to move ++ worth of defensive craft in place. Then we help you construct your own defensive emplacements, and once the construction is done you give us another - Perm Econ and our own defenses are allowed to leave?

((OOC: How much does it cost me to move my defenses?))

To Procyon:
    Spoiler
    Show

All right. Once you're back on your feet, let's take this up again.
    Last edited by Murska; 2011-02-09 at 08:56 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

ISREC

The Inter-Stellar Research and Exploration Corporation announces plans to explore Van Maanen's star. As always co-operation from other intergalactic bodies is welcome. Anything useful found by the corporation will be released freely for public use.

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    I deploy my exploration ship to Van Maanen's star.
    + military, ++ economy, +++ technology.
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-02-09 at 01:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

The Light Shipyards

Today is the day we celebrate our nation's birth. A great day full of hope that eventrually lead us to become one of the economic superpowers in the galaxy. A day that would lead us to fighting off the aliens who destroyed the warp lines. And now today I hope to write a new chapter in our bright history. Today as your Prime Minister I can finally reveal the Colonization Act! Our exploration ship the Radharc leaves today to new and unexplored stars in order to find new worlds. Once a new world is found we will immediatly begin building a colony that any civilian of the Light Shipyards may move to at no cost. Overpopulation has been a problem for too long! We have plenty of space to move to and its about time we expanded!

We shall also reach out to our brothers in arms across the galaxy for new oppurtunities and new allies. We won't allow ourselves to fall into complacentcy and stagnation. Rather we will grow and prosper like we have never done before!

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    My exploration ship Radharc will head to Sigma Draconis.
    It's stats are
    Mil +-
    Econ ++-
    Tech ++

To ISREC
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are very intreasted in whatever you find at Van Maanen's star. As such we would gladly aid your exploration efforts. Please contact us if you need any help

To Coalition of Allied Planets
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are both neigbors to a dangerous alien race. I would suggest a defensive alliance between our two systems. As well we would be willing to help construct any ships you felt were necessary for our continued prosperity at a discounted price.

To Every Human race
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are always looking forward to new projects and work at the Light Shipyards. For whatever your needs feel free to contact us as our faciluties will almost certainly be able to build whatever you want.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Republic of Ross to House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a deal. Your defense craft (++) and assistance in construction of our own defenses, after which you will invest in economic projects on our planet. We'll transfer the first half of the payment (-) Perm. Economy, as soon as the defenses arrive.

OOC - changed their name.

To Murska
    Spoiler
    Show

The cost of transportation can be between - and ++ Temp Economy, based on how fast and secure, you wish to make the transport.

True Terran Fleet to Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, the Light Shipyards. I'm Star Admiral Vernon Ross of the true Terran Fleet. We saved you from those K'Krex xenos once. How about you build us some warships? I'd like to have them fast and I'm prepared to pay.

(Requests ''+'' Permanent Military for ''+'' Permanent Economy.)

OOC - TTF is part of the Triad Systems.

The Reach to Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings to the Light Shipyards. The ideals of the space colonization burn in the hearts of the Reach. We would like to invest into your colonization effort.

Terran Federation to Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show

Terran Federation would be interested in strengthening our space defenses, let's say with a combat potential of ''+'' for a start. We'd like them to be ready in 6 months time. Payment based on the stage of completion.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-02-09 at 02:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

To Ross Republic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All right. Thank you.

(OOC: Okay then. This'll of course go in the EoT but I'll begin transporting the stuff right away, as well as gathering the required personnel and materials for the construction effort for the defenses to go with them.)
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

15. - Top - End - #45

Trantis Coalition (esp ++)

Glorius Kingdom of Procyon
    Spoiler
    Show
    We regret that we can not lower the prices on our technology for anyone, lest others request the same, which would result in consequences for our own "royal purse", as you so put it. Of course, the increased trade we shall readily implement.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Coalition of Allied Planets

TO:The Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show

CAP welcomes a Protection Pact with The Light Shipyards.

TO: GM: ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show

The exploration ship will attempt to contact the derelict. If the cannot open contact, they are to investigate closer.

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok there were a lot of them this time. So I think I got everyone, but if not let me know.

Solaris Incorporated
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gard, Procyon:
    Always on the look out for more resource deposits the Solaris exploration team delves deeper into Gard than the Procyon miners ever did. This proves to be a mistake. The two survivors who eventually make it back to base tell tales of vast untapped mineral veins and the cavern dwelling tunnelers that feed on them. But more importantly they also tell of the packs of viscous worm things that burst out the tunnel walls and killed the team members one by one.

To Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Oph:
    As the smaller objects are investigated the psychic burst slowly dies out. Close scans reveal that each object consists of an outer rock shell surrounding a large organic mass, which seems to be a type of psychic transmitter. They apparently broadcasted at full power and in unison to create the psychic screen, but have now exhausted their resources and are dying.

Strangely despite calculations showing that the larger unknowns course should still leave them within sensor range they have disappeared from all the exploration ship's scanners.

Glorious Kingdom of Procyon
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well as long as you're alright with it. Anyway you do know this means your ship in GJ 1061 is completely unsupplied. It has no weapons, and the bare minimum of supplies and sensors. I'll let you retcon that and not send it out if you want to supply it first.

GJ 1061:
    The exploration ship's sensors show the unknown fleet forming up and heading out to meet it. It also broadcasts it's own hail, but it is in an unknown language and you're computers can't translate it. AS the fleet moves closer the exploration ship's sensors start to make out more details. Most of the ships are still unknown, but several have been identified as showing the signs of being very long range cargo haulers. Albeit of a type never seen before.

Groombridge 1618:
    The rail guns successfully destroy a several dozen small rocks. However the several thousand remaining micrometeorites quickly fill the gaps left by the blasts. Fortunately a calmer assessment of the storm reveals that it is causing minimal damage. The real hazard is that it is causing major interference in the sensors. It's all the sensor techs can do to make out the edges of the storm and vague guesses about what's in the rest of the system.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185:
    The smaller craft has no problems landing close to the source of the signal, and the exploration party it disembarks also has no trouble in actually finding the source. Their report however is strange. The source appears an entirely different, although much smaller ship embedded in the wreckage of the first. Even with only the portable scanners they have with them the survey can report that it appears to be using a completely different set of technologies than the rest of the wreckage. At the same time as their report comes in the exploration ship's main sensors read power sources coming online all over the moon. Both in the wreckage and in apparently undisturbed portions of it's surface.

To ISREC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Maanen's Star:
    Once the exploration ship warps in it begins it's planetary survey. And discovers a treasure trove. The planet has at least seven rocky planets, several of which appear habitable, six gas giants accompany them and more asteroid belts than the ship captain had ever seen in one system before. The only problem. Someone was already mining them. The ship's sensors could pick up extensive mining facilities in all the asteroid fields, and orbital complexes over at least three of the planets. So far though they do not appear to have detected the new arrival.

The Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigma Draconis:
    As the exploration ship warps in it immediately begins a planetary survey. The system appears fairly standard with three small rocky planets in the inner system as well as two asteroid belts and three more gas giants further out. Interestingly enough scans also detect what appears to be a massive ring of derelict ships between the second and third gas giants. As well as a CAP exploration ship in orbit of the north pole of the third gas giant.

To Coalition of Allied Planets
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigma Draconis:
    Closer investigation reveals that although the derelict appears to have quite a few working systems. However there are no life signs, and it doesn't respond to your hails. About halfway through this investigation the exploration ship's long range sensors also detect another ship warping in to the system. It is tentatively identified as a ship design used by the Light Shipyards.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Coalition of Allied Planets

TO: GM: ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show

The exploration ship will continue it's investigation, and, if it is abandoned, to see what is salvageable.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

To Arcanestomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    A report is immeditly sent back if possible, recorded if not, describing what they've found so far. Than the CAP ship is hailed across standard channels

To True Terran Fleet
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will start on your warships immediatly. If you want more you'll have to wait a little longer as those will need to be built from scratch

Terran Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you prefer defensive sattilites or would you like standard warships? Perhaps a combination of the two?

To the Reach
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be glad to accept your help in finding and setting up a new colony. Any suggestions on unclaimed planets or moons?
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-02-09 at 08:43 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

GM: Arcanestomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    Retcon is that I'm devoting my entire remaining temp. Econ to outfitting it with + Econ and + Tech, and devoting another ++ Mil to equipping it with the same.

Also, a quick clarification on Gard. The dark side of the planet is the foundation of our heavy industry, as well as supplying our major exports. The planet experiences tidal lock, so the light side is constantly bombarded by the sun and gets up to truly immense heat. On the other hand, it should also have truly immense value, and because of the problems involved in mining superhot minerals I haven't developed the light side at all.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2011-02-09 at 10:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Solaris Incorporated

"We have recently found ourselves in control of a large number of private mercenary organisations. We would like to hire or sell these - or perhaps just their ships if you would prefer -to anyone who would like them. Please enquire at your nearest Solaris subsidary."
    Last edited by nolispe; 2011-02-10 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Well, strangely enough a faction with Reputation 0 and history of past betrayals proved itself to be rather untrustworthy. My hat is off for the Mothriders.

Damn, about 29 stats in one swipe. Since I'm clearly the next I'm booby-trapping every inch of the Maze.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Suula En'Coi

GM: Arcanestomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    Collect a few samples of the small objects and pursue the likely path of the big ones.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper:
    Spoiler
    Show

The exploration vessel itself retreats to a hopefully safer distance while the smaller one tries to make peaceful contact.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Without warning, a K'Krex Hive Ship emerges from the Warp Lanes in Epsilon Indi, Tau Ceti, and GJ 1245. Taking up position at the edge of communications range, the three ships broadcast an identical message.

To Light Shipyards, The Coalition of Allied Planets, and The Reach
    Spoiler
    Show

*We wish to speak with a representative of your government. Send one to us.*
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2011-02-10 at 04:20 AM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) Scan for military vessels and defences.
    2) Check to see if the style of the facilities match any known factions
    3) Make contact with the largest complex.
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-02-10 at 05:27 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

A small transport shuttle, carrying one of the highest ranking diplomats of CAP, heads towards the strange ship above Tau Ceti.

TO: K'Krex
    Spoiler
    Show

We are the Coalition of Allied Planets, led by George Carlson. Who is your leader?

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

True Terran Fleet to Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show

With those K'Kerx showing their insect mandibles in human space, I hope you will give a priority to our order.

Terran Federation to Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show

We'd like whatever combination gives us best defensive firepower for our value. If you impress our quality inspectors, more orders can follow.

The Reach to Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show

We are preparing our own expedition to Altair. If it finds any colonisable words there, we'll be sure to inform you.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-02-10 at 10:19 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Halfling in the Playground

Daemon

THE HIVE MIND

Trantis Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    We wish only for technology. If this offer is accepted we shall leave you planet in peace.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

The Light Shipyards

True Terran Fleet
    Spoiler
    Show
    No kidding. We'll make this our highest priority

Terran Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll do our best.

To The Reach
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's good to know. We'll share our results from Sigma Draconis when our scout ship returns. The return of the K'Krex is very disturbing, would you agree to a defensive pact against any agressive action on their part?

The defensive forces around the Hive ship all get target locks. They refain from firing but it takes a while before a smaller ship moves slightly ahead of the defensive grid. An open signal is sent to the Hive ship. "What do you want and why do you wish to speak in person?"
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Trantis Coalition (esp. ++)
    To Hive Mind
    Spoiler
    Show
    In exchange for - temporary economy we will give you out plasma fusion tech, which should provide great increase in your power that will more than pay for itself. This is a phenomenal discount over what we offer others.
    Spoiler
    Show