New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Future (IC)

The Reach
    Spoiler
    Show

*An unfortunate, but not entirely unforeseen reaction. Thank you for your time.*

As the last diplomat leaves the Hive Ship, a dozen destroyers emerge from Warp space, four for each Hive Ship. Taking up position for combat deployment, they warp to YZ Ceti.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiate the attack. When they exit Warp, they do so with guns blazing as soon as they receive targeting information from the docked destroyer. After launching its torpedoes, said destroyer is going to attempt to fight its way towards the main fleet.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2011-02-12 at 04:38 PM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

To Light Shipyards:
    Spoiler
    Show
    According to what we negotiated recently, we're sending an official request for the loan of an Exploration Vessel outfitted to the specifications requested.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

ArcaneStomper:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the ship investigates the cause of the anomalies, and/or maps them out, they are to return to Alpha Centauri for refuel and refit.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

The Light Shipyards

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as our scout ship returns we'll send it on its way. In the meantime we'll begin prepping a force to minimize the resupply time

To Arcanestomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    The scout ship will scan the ships in the debrie field. Looking for serial numbers and names to check in the records to find out if any of these ships were actrually sent to Sigma Draconis.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

WNNC

Breaking News

We have just recieved the following communication report, from our journalist Chang Hu, on YZ Ceti:

''The K'Krex Destroyer has arrived to the YZ Ceti several hours ago. They claim to have come for ''cultural research''. The mood on the station is tense and defence systems are being activated, even as I record this. The power supply to non-essential systems is being shut down.''

''It appears a communication probe just arrived to the system. It had message from Light Shipyards, that greatly agitated the local leaders. They are demanding immediate withdrawal of the K'Krex Destroyer.''

''The Destroyer and YZ Defenders have engaged in combat. Let me show the recording WNNC camera drones made:''

The footage shows K'Krex Destroyer under heavy missile fire from defence satellites and a force of ships pursuing it, as it retreats towards the system's rim. Destroyer's attack has taken some of the ships, that were docked at the mining facility's space port, but the damage it sustained is far worse.

''I have heard an explosion inside the station. This wasn't a hit from the Destroyer. Cleary the K'Krex have sent ground troops to sabotage the station's defences. The corridors are patrolled by the facility's militia. I'm not provided access, so I don't know how much damage the attack has caused.''

''One moment. I have just received an update, that more K'Krex forces have entered the system. They are jamming our equipment, so I don't know how many of them exactly are out there. Still, I can say for certain, it can't be good for the YZ Anarchists.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-02-12 at 06:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

To Ascension Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wolf 359:
    The scientists on board the ship complain that they have discovered interesting information on the anomalies, but can't verify it under these deadlines. Complaining under their breaths they instead produce a map of the anomalies showing as much of the system as possible. However the ship is unable to penetrate any closer than 10 AUs to the star as the anomalies become too dense at that point. Following the newly produced map the ship is able to move back to the edge of the system's gravity well and warp back without incident.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wolf 359:
    After moving out of the anomalies the exploration ship does a quick planetary survey while it's gravitational sensors monitor the anomalies. The system appears a bit odd with only two rocky planets and one gas giant. However there are an unusually high number of asteroids.

The gravity anomalies appear to be of static size. However they are not fixed in place. Instead they appear to be following various orbital paths around the star. The ballistic shots help your sensors better analyze the anomalies however the most interesting discovery was caused by one particularly well aimed shot. The shot would have intersected with the exact center of the anomaly, however the anomaly moved before this could happen.

To ISREC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Maanen's Star:
    Your databases contain little on the territories formerly known as Russia, and nothing on whatever the EVRAZ group was. It is simply too old a piece of data too have been included in the ship's data banks. The Russians however are happy enough at regaining contact with other humans to grant you permission to dock. It reaches the main complex at about the same time as the flotilla, which is revealed to have one of their top officials on board. Captain Adrian is led to a spartan, but still comfortable conference room where the official introduces himself as CEO Alexander Ivanov.

"Greetings, we haven't heard from others in a very long time. What has been going in the galaxy while we were out of contact."

To Coalition of Allied Planets
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigma Draconis:
    The unknown ship make no response to your reply, but instead it activates it's engines and heads towards the inner system at high speed shedding it's debris camouflage along the way.

The ships in the ring appear to have little in common. The oldest ones appear to be simply broken down and appear to be partly disassembled. The next oldest set of ships appear to have been destroyed by weapons fire. And the newest ships have no discernible damage. They simply appear to have stopped in the debris ring and never moved again.

To Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigma Draconis:
    There are a few ships that appear to be of Terran origin including one rather large colony ship that appears to be one of the old slower than light sleeper ships. But there are no records of them in your databases. Most of the ships however appear to be alien in nature.

As the exploration ship is investigating it soon detects that it is not along a small craft has approached and is hailing it. The language is unknown, but it appears to be in the format of an identification request.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2011-02-13 at 02:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay... well, that's interesting. Basically three possibilities - somehow there's something that increases the magnitude of the base physical forces. This'd be extremely useful. That'd mean the shot was pushed away by the strong atomic force.

Then there's the possibility that the 'anomaly' dodged the shot. Either it's got some sort of an intelligence or at least some sort of a mechanism to avoid being hit.

And finally, there's the possibility that it's something completely different.

Well, the next test is an attempt to find a very small anomaly and capture it in a vacuum - basically, if it avoided the ballistic shot, then it's quite likely it can be contained by matter.

Other than that, we'll be bombarding some of the anomalies with all types of electromagnetic waves we can produce, trying to see if it reacts somehow.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll reply and broadcast our identification both in the standard language of the Light Shipyards and in binary.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The GDF to all human factions, and the Tian Technocracy (Esp: +)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. I am Admiral Trask. I lead a fleet of ships known as the Galactic Defence Force. We are an independent body, tasked with defending the galaxy from alien threats.

We have all seen the recent actions of the K'Krex. They attack the people of YZ Ceti with no provocation. They have provided no reasoning for their actions, so we must assume it is simple expansionism.

The GDF will not allow such. It is out intention to stop the K'Krex before they can destroy any more lives. We do not propose a massive campaign. Only that we present sufficient men in the defence of YZ Ceti to force the K'Krex retreat.

We have many men, but we can not do this alone. Who will join us?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-02-13 at 02:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

to GDF
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will lend what assistance we can in protecting our neighbors.

@ GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    The recording of our meeting with the K'krex will be given to the WNNC
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Ascension Coalition
    To the GDF
    Spoiler
    Show
    A noble goal, no doubt. But who are you accountable to? Who funds your armies? Who builds your ships? Where did you get all these men?

The Ascension Coalition hesitates to co-operate with a force that we have never heard of before, and know nothing about.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

GDF to Ascension Coalition (Esp: +)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Our organisation was formed after the warp collapse. Our people were cut off from the rest of the galaxy, and forced to fend for ourselves. In those desperate years we were savaged by a hostile alien race that threatened to kill us all.

We survived by our willpower. Our determination to not let such forces have hold in the galaxy. It is these people who continue to this day to build our ships and man them, so that we might continue to protect the galaxy from any alien threats.

We are accountable to these people, ourselves, and all the populations of the galaxy, human or non-human."
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-02-13 at 02:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

WNNC

There are new developments in the K'Krex Crisis.

We were provided with a recording of the exchange between the K'Krex and Light Shipyards diplomat:
    ===
    *Thank you for coming, honored visitors. We speak for Fleet Admiral Riexak. Please, treat this as your nest for a time. We come to you with an offer of great promise. We intend to seize the mining facilities of YZ Ceti from the anarchists controlling them and restore the rule of...law. If you were to provide your political or military support, we would prioritize the economic output to benefit you.*

"You'll forgive us if we don't exactly trust you. In any case we much prefer the anarchist's rule over yours. If you are truly concerned about the restablishing law than we will set up an alliance of human nations to work alongside the colonists of YZ Ceti in making their own goverment. Perhaps your help would be welcome to such a coaltion."

*An unfortunate attitude. This meeting is over*
    ===

The K'Krex are expanding their dominion. We have information that they have engaged in a planetary bombardment of the Rouke species of the DX Cancri, in order to beat them into submission. The Terran Federation is no longer a power, that protects humanity. Who will step in their place?

Tian Technocracy to Shadow Supremacy (+++++)

Spoiler
    Show

We can lend, GDF some military support. But we will require certain information on political and social situation in known space, your espionage network can provide.

(They offer ''-'' Military support per +- Esp. action in EoT to aid growth of their own Espionage, max + Military support).

True Terran Fleet to Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show

If you get us those ships online, we will use them to provide assistance against the K'Krex Threat.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Coalition of Allied Planets

TO: GM: ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show

The Exploration ship sets down near where the derelict was, and waits. Every hour, it will send a brief message of greeting to a planet inside the ring of ships. It will move from the closest planet to the ship, to the farthest. The message is as follows: "Greetings. We are an exploration ship from the Coalition of Allied Planets. We come in peace. Please respond". While another race might not understand it, the tone is peaceful, and may prompt them to answer in return.

TO: Light Shipyards Explor. Ship
    Spoiler
    Show

Have you been hailed by a source from the inner solar system? Something contacted us when we were near the planet.

TO: GDF
    Spoiler
    Show

The affairs of other planets are typically regarded to be none of our business. However, if our allies, the Light Shipyards and the Ascension Coalition both agree to help, we will contribute part of our fleet to your efforts. We would expect some sort of compensation for any losses however. (Will lend "-" military for "+" economy, to a max of "+" military)

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Halfling in the Playground

Daemon

To GM only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What sort of defensive structures/military are around Jupiter as I'm looking to 'borrow' it, or is there nothing there and Terran just say its theirs?
    We are Here. We are One. We are the Playground.

Total War: Future
    Spoiler
    Show

THE HIVE MIND
    Military: ++++++
    Economy: -
    Technology: +
    Espionage: 0/++++
    Moral: ++++-
    Culture: ++++

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

The Light Shipyards

To True Terran Fleet
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will do what we can

To Coalition of Allied planets Scout Ship
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes we have. It seems to be alien in orgin as do many of the wrecked ships.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Shadow Supremacy to Tian Technocracy (Esp: +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have no connection to the Global Defence Force, and don't care whether they receive military aid.

We are open to a deal, but you'll need to provide us with something we actually have a use for.

Global Defence Force to Hive Mind (Esp: +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. Judging from your nature one can assume your people are aggressors. You might think we are natural enemies, but we would like to offer you a deal.

The K'Krex are also aggressors. If they are allowed to expand they will likely grow to become your greatest threat. Even now they are attacking YZ Ceti. We are gathering a coalition to stop them. Join us, and you will have a chance to halt the K'Krex in their tracks.

As part of a coalition, even if things go badly you will lose very few troops, while the K'Krex will lose many. Working alongside the other factions will gain their respect and trust, trust you can use to further your goals later.

You will gain much, and lose very little. Are you with us?

Global Defence Force to all human factions, The Tian Technocracy and the Rouke (Esp +)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings, people of the galaxy. This is Admiral Trask of the Galactic Defence Force.

The K'Krex have struck once again. Demonstrating their mad savagery, they are this time targeting the Rouke, a race which have never done anything to harm them, or anyone else.

It is clear to everyone now that the K'Krex are a dangerous force in the galaxy. We can't allow their attacks to continue, or we throw away countless billions of lives.

We call once again on your support, as we strive to stop the K'Krex murderous rampage. For the good of the people.

May peace reign,"
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-02-14 at 02:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground

Solaris Inc

Greetings, galaxy. Solaris will be sending a force presently to Rouke, but we would much prefer for the K'Krex to retreat, or at least come to the negoiating table. There is still time to end this peacefully.

To the GDF
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will pave the way for your attack. We will secure the gate and try to hold them while you gather strength.

To Distant Quasar
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will purchase the entire selection. (+++) tempoary Econ will arrive shortly.

To the GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    We send (++) Military to Rouke. Am I correct in presuming that they are nuclear armed? In addition, we send (+) Tempoary econ of fast ships, packed with explosives.
    Finally, we send (+++) tempoary Econ to Distant Quasar.
    Last edited by nolispe; 2011-02-15 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Well, strangely enough a faction with Reputation 0 and history of past betrayals proved itself to be rather untrustworthy. My hat is off for the Mothriders.

Damn, about 29 stats in one swipe. Since I'm clearly the next I'm booby-trapping every inch of the Maze.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

To Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophiuchi:
    The array's scan of the system reveals the following.

Ophiuchi A:

Ophiuchi A I
    The inner most planet around Ophiuchi A is a small rocky world. Close proximity to it's star has left it barren and lifeless. At this range a mineralogical scan is impossible, but visual sensors have picked up an anomaly. There is a vessel of some kind in geosynchronous orbit around the planet. It appears dead, but at this range precise details can't be picked out.

Ophiuchi A II
    The second planet out from Ophiuchi A is similar to the first. This system's three suns have turned what might have been a habitable planet elsewhere into a charred husk. Unlike Ophiuchi A I however this planet is not completely dead. There is an orbital complex in orbit around the planet and what appears to be a base on the surface. Close scanned have picked up the presence of of a number of heavily stealthed ships active around the complex, and shuttles traveling between the surface and orbit.

Asteroid Belt
    Scans of the asteroid belt between Ophiuchi A II and Ophiuchi A III have revealed the presence of more the large unknowns. Many more, in fact the asteroid belt is swarming with them. Also present are extremely large structures which appear to be comprised of numerous asteroids bound together with some type of fiber. The unknowns appear to dock and move inside these structures regularly. In addition there appear to be numerous solar collectors scattered throughout the belt that appear to be biological in nature.

Ophiuchi A III
    Unlike the innermost planets Ophiuchi A III is covered in life. Almost every part of it has been covered in some type of plant life. These range from large open grasslands to vast forests. The intriguing thing is that the plants appear to have optimized their solar collection abilities to absorb an extremely large portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. In fact they are so well optimized and cover such a large portion of the planet that visual scans nearly missed picking it up at all, as it's albedo is nearly zero. Only very careful analysis of what little light is reflected was able to determine what it was and the plants on it.

Ophiuchi A IV
    Similarly to Ophiuchi A III, Ophiuchi A IV has considerable plant life. However it's plant coverage has been much reduced by what appear to be mining operations on its surface. These appear to be still active as indicated by the near constant stream of shuttles delivering cargo of some type to orbit. In orbit there is also a mammoth vessel, easily the largest non planetary object in the system, which appears to be taking the cargo on board. The ship is aware of the Suula En'Coi as the nearest Blaze Luminous ships have detected active scans analyzing them, however it has made no move to acknowledge them.

Ophiuchi B:

Asteroid Belt
    The innermost feature in orbit around Ophiuchi B is rather large asteroid belt. Unlike the asteroid belt around Ophiuchi A it appears to be uninhabited and filled with asteroids that bear the signs of being mineral rich. However any Blaze Luminous ships that have approached it have come under psychic assault from an unknown source. Despite their shielding several have taken damage.

Ophiuchi B I
    Further out from the asteroid belt is the largest object in the system that isn't a star. A rather massive gas giant, Ophiuchi B I bears all the hallmarks of being remarkably average with little in the way of unusual features. The only thing of note is the presence of a gas mining complex floating in it's upper atmosphere. Analysis has noted similarities in its construction with the orbital complex above Ophiuchi A II. It is also stealthed, and in fact if it weren't what appears to be recent storm damage would likely have been undetectable.

Ophiuchi B II
    Ophiuchi B II is also a gas giant, albeit much smaller than Ophiuchi B I. It has an unusually large amount orbital debris, including a variety of asteroids and what appear to be several comets.

Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigma Draconis:
    Other than the signal cutting off there is no response. However sensors indicate that several small vessels are now rapidly approaching from the inner system.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wolf 259:
    The exploration's search for an appropriately sized anomaly reveals another interesting fact. They are all the same size. There is some variance, but the percentage difference is so small as to be irrelevant. Electromagnetic bombardment of the anomalies however reveals little as there is no apparent reaction.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok I'm not clear on how you're actually trying to capture one. Could you clarify that please. I'll try to answer it if you put it here, but you could also include it in your EoT.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

A message from Fleet Admiral Riexak is broadcast throughout the Unified Systems.

*Greetings. It has come to our attention that many among our human neighbors believe our attack on YZ Ceti to be unprovoked and a clear indication of malicious intent. I would like to address these concerns.

To be frank, neither I nor my advisors understand the sudden outpouring of support for YZ Ceti. This is a system that has for years been a hive of pirates and terrorists. They have appropriated the economic might of your fallen empire in order to prey upon their neighbors. They represent a cancer among your society that you have done nothing to treat or remove. We thought we made it clear to YZ Ceti's neighbors our intent to return the mining facility to full production capacity and what you call "profitability."

Yet, this until-now unknown "GDF" have presented us as rapacious hordes intent only on slaughtering humans. Had we wished only aggression, why would we have sent diplomats to the systems bordering YZ Ceti? We counter that the GDF represents a far greater danger than any other, with their unknown history and uncertain loyalties. No matter what you may think of the K'Krex, be confident that our primary concern is the survival of our people. We are no Hive Mind that regards massive failure as but a stepping stone to genocide. Our invasion failed, and now we seek to live in peace with the legitimate governments of the Unified Systems.*

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the simplest way if they follow along a route we can predict is to put a large box in it's way, see if it goes in and close the box.

In more science-y terms, of course, and the materials need to be strong enough to withstand a lot but, for instance, a single cargo bay should suffice. Of course, depending on the anomaly size.

Whether or not it succeeds, I'm jumping to my home system to re-arm.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Open Announcement by the Glorious Kingdom of Procyon

"It is our great pleasure to announce the denationalisation of much of our nation's industry, as well as the sale of a hitherto unexploited block of land. Further, we celebrate His Majesty's rightful assumption of a seat on the Solaris Incorporated Board of Directors, and the assistance of that same company in our bold economic move."
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

A message from Admiral Trask of the Galactic Defence Force

"Greetings. After hearing the K'Krex 'justification' for their attack on YZ Ceti, I feel it is only appropriate to respond with my own thoughts.

First off, I must surprisingly agree with Admiral Riexak. I mean no offence to the people of YZ Ceti, but their system of governance has a certain tendency to attract immoral citizens. It is hard to quantify such in land with no laws, but the latest surveys suggest the proportion of YZ Ceti anarchists who commit acts which would be considered crimes on earth, could be as high as 5%. A truly staggering proportion, but easily taken the wrong way. Indeed, Admiral Riexak appears to have grossly misinterpreted it. To call YZ Ceti a hive of pirates and terrorists is not just ridiculous, but insulting to the good people of YZ Ceti.

Furthermore, I must object to the implication that the people of YZ Ceti stole the wealth of our empires. YZ Ceti was cut off in the warp collapse just like everyone else. They had the right to declare independence like every other colony did. To say that they stole our empire, is as ridiculous as saying Solaris Incorporated stole the Light Ships empire, or the Ascension Coalition stole the Terran Federations empire.

Continuing on from that we must ask the Admiral Riexak if he knows something we don't? Since their inception the YZ Ceti anarchists have not committed a single major attack against any other faction in the galaxy. How then does Admiral Riexak claim the YZ Ceti anarchists are preying on their neighbours? It seems a little ironic, considering the YZ Ceti's latest public action was to take part in a Labour Union Alliance meeting to improve their standards of work and raise wages.

My last point. Admiral Riexak claims he intended to YZ Ceti's mining facility to full profitably. the YZ Ceti Anarchists may not have the technological level of the K'Krex, but their is nothing to suggest their facility is damaged, or working inefficiently. In fact, it is quite commonly known that the YZ Ceti anarchists spend a lot of time and money maintaining that facility.

From these points we conclude that the K'Krex did not have a valid reasoning for the invasion of YZ Ceti. It is not our place to call for reparations or an apology. The people of YZ Ceti may make that choice. We simply wish to state the facts as they are."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Suula En'Coi

GM: Arcanestomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophiuchi

Retract all ships to the Memory of Light. Begin sending high energy laser pulse through the Ophiuchi A II and III and the asteroid belt. Do not hit anything, be certain of that. In addition to the laser pulses, will be psionic pulses along a close but diverging path. The psionic echo will be calculated to be one order of magnitude less then that emitted by their scrambler field. So they should know it is not some kind of attack, since it is so weak as to be unable to breach their barriers.

The pulses should be sent out with bursts with a definite number of pulses each and a one second delay in between each burst. The first stream will first fifteen prime numbers in a repeating pattern until they respond in some way. The answer we are looking for would be the next few prime numbers.

The point of this exercise is to prove that we are intelligent aliens, ie. we know mathematics under understand the importance of these numbers. It also shows that we want to communicate and not attack them.

Use my enormous technology to come up with as easy to understand and universal a message as possible that communicates basic information about us.

Also have it start working on search algorithms to find related numbers such. In short, once we start sending things back and forth build up a lexicon.

Edit: I have been thinking about alien ways to go about doing this, and what about something like this:

One of the controlling Suula En'Coi on the Memory of Light will detach a sufficiently large portion of itself which will not be self aware. The fleet we realign to serve as a psionic focusing array and the results will be channeled into the newly broken off portion.

This should alter then mental characteristics of the piece to be an accurate reflection of the modes of thinking of the minds of this system. Which means the fragment can serve as a sort of psionic adapter between the Suula En'Coi's psionics and the natives.

Cross race psionics doesn't work because the minds involved are too different. This way we can skip most of the sending signals into space part and just communicate psionicly.

Would that work?
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-02-15 at 07:15 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

WNNC Latest Update:

================

The K'Krex War

The GDF has made its move, opposing K'Krex invasion of the star systems DX Cancri and YZ Ceti. They are supported by the forces of the Solaris Inc. So far the odds seem to favour K'Krex, the warrior race with their superior firepower and technology. Read More.

Space Pirates Strike!

The recent increase in trade, brought by numerous trade agreements, has led to massive increase in space piracy. The pirate ships usually ambush merchant freighters at the edge of the star systems, near the warp gates. This development has caught everybody by surprise. Private companies and national governments only now began to provide military escorts. Read More.

New Space Lane Reactivates!

A new space lanes leading to Proxima Antliae has stabilized to the point, that safe travel is possible. This development is attributed to Kej, reactivating lost Terran Federation's warp stabilization device. What awaits us at this new star system? Read More.

Modernization at The Glorious Kingdom of Procyon?

King Albert II was lauded for his bold decision to secede economy to private enterprise. Many critics of the Procyon's ''archaic'' feudal system see this as the first step to modernization and liberalization of Kingdom's government and society. Read More.

Galactic Labor Union

The new organization has announced its presence on many star systems, from Sol to GJ1245. The Galactic Labor Union has declared that it will see the rights and interests of workers protected and issued a list of demands for employers, that include improvement of working conditions and increase in wages. Read More.

Path of Stars

The Star Gods have allowed limited access to their planet. The visitors are required to show respect for the Star Gods religion, take part in ceremonies and perform a pilgrimage across the holy sites. The planet was visited by numerous members of academia, interested in study of alien culture and people seeking spiritual enlightenment. Still, many of the applicants were turned away, due to lack of faith and respect for Star Gods beliefs. Read More.

Disturbance on Gard

There are rumors of a strange accident, that has affected the mining operations on planet Gard. We don't yet have reliable information, but it appears an unknown space fleet has assaulted the Solaris mining operations and raided stores, containing recently mined ores. The K'Krex involvement is suspected. Read More.

================

K'Krex War: DX Cancri

GDF
    Spoiler
    Show

The Solaris Inc. Fleet has departed first to the DX Cancri. When your ships arrive their sensors detect K'Krex Hive ship surrounded by the Solaris Fleet.

Solaris Inc.
    Spoiler
    Show

The K'Krex technology picked up on the nukes in the ship. They are in range for the blast, but not enough to destroy the ship. The ramming plan worked a better - despite K'Krex superior technology, several ships managed to lodge themselves into Hive Ship.

The attempt to get the rest of their ships to surrender, so far has failed to produce results. You can severely cripple the Hive Ship by exploding nukes and finish it off with your firepower, but it might still cause some damage among your forces.

K'Krex
    Spoiler
    Show

The Solaris Inc. betrayed your Fleet. The ship, that was supposed to bring message of surrender, was filled with nuclear weapons. Your sensors picked up on it, before it came too close, but it's still too close for comfort. More of Solaris ships used a combination of solar flare and EMP blasts, detonated at the planet's pole to launch a sneak attack, ramming themselves into the Hive Ship. Again your technology helped to avert the worst of the attack, but some managed to break through.

The enemy fleet began transmitting: ''To K'Krex Fleet. Nuclear Weapons are now attached to your ships and we will detonate them, unless you turn your engines off and stand down. If you try to transmit a message, the devices will be detonated. If we send a special signal, the devices will detonate. We want to avoid genocide. If your forces are destroyed, there will be nobody to stop GDF from enslaving or destroying your home planet.'' Another message was sent to support ships, where a fake K'Krex commander ordered them to surrender. Fortunately the transmission lacked proper protocols and was disregarded. The rest of the enemy fleet drew near. The Hive Ship should survive the Solaris explosives, but it will be seriously damaged. The rest of the Solaris Fleet draws near and they have the firepower to finish the job. GDF fleet will be soon emerging from the warp gate at the edge of the Cancri system. There is no chance for victory. The decision must be made: fight, flee or surrender.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-02-20 at 02:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Ascension Coalition

ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume my ship has been refitted with 6 mil? It was in my EoT. If so, send ship to House Varulf for joint operation.

House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    My own ship is ready. It should make the jump to your system soon, and will be put at your disposal to deal with the threat.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2011-02-20 at 02:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

To Galactic Labour Union(GM):
    Spoiler
    Show
    We send them a message indicating we're ready to negotiate.

Once we get to the table, the Varulf will be very agreeable, in fact. We're willing to improve working conditions and wages quite a bit - of course we won't accept completely unreasonable demands but we'll give in much more than they'd probably expect.

Of course, we use this to draw skilled workers from everyone else who doesn't take these steps to us. Our new brand should help there.

To Ascension Coalition:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. He who dares, wins.
    Last edited by Murska; 2011-02-20 at 02:32 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

The Light Shipyards

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    You got my EoT correct? Any problems with restocking my Scout Ship to be pure military?

To Galactic Labour Union (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're insulted at the implications that our workers don't already recive the best pay and most benifits.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Ascension Coalition Exploration Ship
    Spoiler
    Show

The ship was refitted. It has sustained some minor damage from its voyage, but nothing too serious.

Glactic Labor Union to House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show

The representatives of Galactic Labor Union appear to be pleased, if only a little suspicious of how easily House Varulf have gave in to their demands.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show

One of the engineers of the Exploration Ship claims, that damage it has sustain in Lalande 21185 is more serious, then it appears. Two of his colleagues have listed the damage as minor, a report with which the complaining engineer strongly disagrees. He requests a thorough maintenance check. In addition to irregularities, the engineer brings up statements of witnessed malfunctions from the Vessel's crew. His counterparts claim, that justifications for maintenance check are too flimsy and irregularities he cites as signs of greater damage, can be attributed to minor glitches, present in any ship as large and complex as Exploration Vessel.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-02-20 at 06:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

To Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophiuchi:
    There is very little response to the psionic broadcasts. Scans showed a sudden flurry of ships around Ophiuchi A II before all signs of the orbital complex, ground base, and ships disappeared completely.

The unknowns in the asteroid belt are simply ignoring the call. The Suula En'Coi on board the exploration ship are unsure whether this is deliberate of if it is simply not being recognized.

Ophiuchi A III shows no response to the psionic pulse, but the laser pulse has elicited a response. Several bright emitters have appeared on the planet. The range is too poor to make out details of what they are, but they appear to be beaming back lasers that are pulsing with the next set of prime numbers.

Surprisingly the best response has come from the vessel around Ophiuchi A IV. After a few brief probes of the focusing array it appears to have co-opted it somehow, and is now communicating quite readily with the exploration ship. It appears to be a trader and has sent over a catalog with a selection of goods it has to offer. The selection is quite extensive and covers everything from mining equipment, to raw materials, to exotic alien devices of no apparent function.

To Solaris Inc
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gard, Procyon:
    The ancient warships entombed in the deep within the crust of Gard reacted poorly to the initial orbital bombardment of their tomb. The first indication that something was amiss to the Solaris Miners was the massive earthquakes that shook the light side of Gard as the vessels tunneled their way to the surface. The next indication was the eruption of rock as the ships finally broke free and climbed into orbit. As the alien behemoths achieved orbit they let lose a volley of fire that destroyed the framework of the orbital ring that was being constructed. And then apparently satisfied that their attacker had been destroyed they activated their drives and blinked away in an instant.

The surviving Solaris miners and ships were left to marvel at the speed with which the entire event had occurred and breath a sigh of relief that the warships had not gone further. The surviving Solaris Inc. executive was left to curse the destruction of his mining equipment and to contemplate the failure of the operation. At least until he realized that the boreholes the warships had left behind reached far deeper into the planet than any mere orbital bombardment could have achieved.

The Glorious Kingdom of Procyon
    Spoiler
    Show
    GJ 1061:
    Communication is established after a couple of hours of translation work on both sides. The leader of the fleet proclaims himself to be a trader out searching the galaxy for exotic goods. He appears excited to have run into a new group to trade with.

Groombridge 1618:
    The exploration ship's magnetic fields successfully clear a path through the storm and soon it has exited it completely. The scans it takes once clear however are not promising. The system is filled with a haze of dust and micrometeorites, which creates massive amounts of interference for the sensors. Still after quite a bit of recalibration the ship is able to make out several planets in the inner system. Two of them appear to be small and rocky while the third is a massive super giant, almost but not quite big enough to have formed a star. There are also several asteroid belts in the system, although it is hard to get an exact reading on these due to their relatively small size and the interference.

To K'Krex
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirius:
    The exploration ship warps into Sirius with no fuss. It's departure had been delayed by the outfitting of the Hive ships, but it was finally here. Not that here was very exciting. Four rocky planets, three gas giants, and a mere two asteroid belts were the only things being picked up by the initial scans. The only thing of interest was the presence of a faint beacon in the outer system. More detailed scans of the area revealed several shells of what looked like derelict spaceships floating near the Oort Cloud.