New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Future (IC)

Suula En'Coi

Spoiler
    Show
    The Suula En'Coi don't understand the concept of trade, but figure it is something like unplanned resource allocation.

They ask for information about the state of affairs in the system and information on the various forms of life.

They transmit a series of pulses to the prime number responders, first three rather large prime numbers and then another set that happens to be the product of the three primes when aligned correctly it forms a three dimensional object in which the pulse structure forms simple objects. It contains the basics of information about the Suula En'Coi and the communication protocol they have worked out, basic information on elements and mathematical proofs to show that the Suula En'Coi are intelligent and think in certain ways.

It also has a map of the system they come from and the basic shape of a Suula. In short, it is a very basic primer on the race. It doesn't give away military secretes or poisonous agents or anything.

Finally has a basic map of the system and highlights the location of interesting things. Using some basic algebra to ascribe symbol meaning it indicates that these places are lacking in information, aka 'please tell us more.'

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

To Thelonius and ArcaneStomper:
    Spoiler
    Show

While we wait for the arrival of the other two Vessels, the crew is of course told that nobody will need to come on such a dangerous mission and that we'll take volunteers, but the spoils from success would be huge and so would also be the pay of those who came.

As for the engineer's report, we'll begin checking the ship just in case. First of all, all the computer systems - if there's a hostile virus or somesuch on board, we want it isolated right away. Once/if the computer systems are clear, we'll use their diagnostics programs to try and figure out where any other problems might be, narrow down the possibilities and then send some crew to check.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

To ArcaneStomper¨
    Spoiler
    Show
    The newly stocked up scout ship will go join up with the scout ship from House Vanulf
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

To Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophiuchi:

The trader has by now completely bypassed the psionic focus and is communicating directly with the Suula En'coi. It rapidly instructs them in the basics of trade, and then asks what they are willing to give in return for it's information on the system.

The plant world transmits back a pulse of three prime numbers followed by their product. However when the Suula En'Coi attempt to decode it all they get is a garbled mess.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both the Ascension Coalition and Light Shipyard exploration ship have joined yours. They are heavily armed and awaiting the word to go.

On the crew side, the possibility of huge amounts of pay is not enough and almost a third of the crew transfer off including the engineer who filed the malfunction report. Fortunately the pay is enough to draw in new hires who have no idea what happened and the empty slots are quickly filled. The malfunctions have disappeared just as mysteriously as they first appeared.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2011-02-21 at 05:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the traders, ask what they want. We have some resources, but we also have advanced technology.

For the plants, apply some of that technology to try to crack the code. There might also be the chance they are non sentient and this is some form of advance mimicry. Try different permutations.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mysterious. Oh well - new hires was what I was aiming for.

Godslaying

Plan is as follows - ships jump into the system. Now, if we're attacked instantly by the fake moon, then we'll scramble into three directions, trying to use our mobility as an advantage.

I'll take a look at what kind of weapons the other ships have, assumedly they're 6 Mil as they're supposed to be. If the Dreadnought doesn't attack immediately, we'll set into formation as such:

The Wolf, the Varulf ship, positions itself at the edge of the system, aiming for the ability to take cover behind planetary bodies if not the star itself if necessary. It was equipped with long-range weapons as specified. The other two ships, designated Assault 1 and Assault 2 for this mission's purposes since I didn't get their names, will move slightly closer in a pincer movement, aiming to attack the enemy from two sides while my long-range attacks hit it from the third. It was orbiting a gas-giant, so this should allow the ship first targeted by it to use it's speed to try and get the gas-giant between itself and the giant ship's massive killer weaponry. The key is using the environment to our advantage, even in space battles.

If we have primarily ballistic weapons, we'll use the gravity fields to our advantage in curving our shots at it to maximize cover. The plan calls for a slow wearing down of the thing, while gathering more data as to what is the most effective.

If one of our Assault-ships gets struck by heavy fire and is left unable to utilize it's mobility for a retreat, the other Assault that's close by will move to assist and try to distract the big thing, if deemed feasible by the analysis of our crews on the tactical situation. If it's unfeasible and will likely result in the destruction of the other ship aswell, we will just have to leave them to their fate and keep up the bombardment.

The Wolf will act as the Command Center for the battle, relaying orders to the other two and keeping a full tactical overview of the situation constantly. If it's attacked, it'll try to avoid hits and move to a safer location covered by the star or the planets. If it's hit and damaged, it's to retreat further from the system's edge and the Assault ships are to distract the enemy away from it.

The orders are that once the battle begins, we're to keep on shooting whatever the situation. Keep blasting at the thing. If it shows any signs of weakness, blast it all the harder. If it doesn't show a weakness, blast it until it does. We've got enough firepower here to smash any Human fleet, we'll be damned if this thing ain't going down.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

To Solaris
    Spoiler
    Show

*Very well, we agree to a ceasefire. Let your allies in the GDF arrive, and we shall discuss what you intend.*

To Arcane Stomper
    Spoiler
    Show

The scout vessel moves closer in order to examine these derelict craft.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2011-02-21 at 09:02 PM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

To Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophiuchi:
    The trade ship is open to anything. It trades in both information and goods. you have asked it for a map and almanac of the system, now it wants to know what you are willing to trade for it.

The Suula En'Coi are having a hard time cracking the code. Every time they are about to get something the meaning seems to slip out of their grasp. As for the permutations the plants have responded to every one with a corresponding permutation. The Suula EN'Coi studying would have put it down to simple mimicry except that the last few cycles its responses, while still obviously based on the original permutation, have been several orders higher in complexity. The response time is also speeding up.

To House Varulf, Light Shipyards, Ascension Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    When the trio of heavily armed exploration ships jump into the system they do not find when they expect. Although they are relieved not to be immediately attacked, further scans can not locate the alien dreadnought. It appears to be missing from the system. Coordinated scans do eventually locate one thing. The scout craft that had been dispatched to explore the surface of the dreadnought is in orbit around the gas giant. It appears to be heavily damaged, but intact and powered. And emitting a distress call.

To K'Krex
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirius:
    Closer examination shows that none of the derelicts are powered and they appear to be so much scrap metal. Of interest however is the swarm of Kej drones busily working over the derelicts. They appear to be scavenging materials to build a structure in the center of the field of derelicts. A search of your databanks reveal no known Kej drone that would match it's configuration.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

To Arcane Stomper
    Spoiler
    Show

Upon sighting the strange Kej construct, the scout ship attempts to establish communication with the drones.

*Greetings. We are the K'Krex forward ship J'Yeth. What is your purpose here?*

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    My ship will scan the scout ship for signs of life as well as attempt to hail it.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tell the traders we are willing to trade use of our psionic abilities. Or raw minerals if they want them. Also, we are willing to trade lower level technology of ours that isn't our cutting edge.

Finally, we are willing to set up a service of FTL messaging since we can communicate between Suula En'Coi in different systems.

As for the plants, turn that +++++tech on the problem. And overclock the quantum optical computer portions of the ship.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Halfling in the Playground

Daemon

Hive Mind to GDF
    Spoiler
    Show
    We to understand the threat that the Krex have become and we to wish to join you in the coming battle against this evil.
    We are Here. We are One. We are the Playground.

Total War: Future
    Spoiler
    Show

THE HIVE MIND
    Military: ++++++
    Economy: -
    Technology: +
    Espionage: 0/++++
    Moral: ++++-
    Culture: ++++

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

GDF to Hive Mind (Esp: +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is excellent news. Thank you. The battle you refer to has in fact already ended. We just received word the K'Krex forces in DX Cancri have surrendered.

Prepare your ships, we will need them when we go on the offensive.

K'Krex War: DX Cancri (GM, K'Krex and Solaris can read)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We move our forces up to join the Solaris Incorporated battle-line, and open a communications channel with Solaris and the K'Krex.

Admiral Trask speaks;
    "It is good to see this could be resolved without too much blood shed. Our terms are simple. You will disband this fleet. All your soldiers will leave their ships and retreat to your hive ship. We will then use our weapons to destroy the engines on all your ships. We will then detach the nuclear weapons, and allow your hive ship to leave the system."
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-02-22 at 05:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper:
    Spoiler
    Show

Is there anything else odd in the system whatsoever? Taking our scan data from the earlier arrival here, everything's moved exactly as they're supposed to by Newtonian physics and such?

Assault 1, or Forum Explorer's ship, can do the approach since he already posted. Assault 2 will be positioned nearby to assist if necessary, and the Wolf will hang back.

I wonder where the thing jumped... let's hope we don't meet it again unprepared. Damn, I'd have wanted to take part in some Godslaying.

Meanwhile, does our scan show any engine residue or somesuch to be able to calculate roughly which direction the Dreadnought'd have gone?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

WNNC

Mysterious Fleet Leaves Sol System

A large fleet of unknown warships has exited the Sol System through the Warp Lane to Procyon System. Nobody is quite sure of where they came from and where their ultimate destination lies.

Terran Federation Gets Tough on Alien Smack

Prime Minister Conrad Tomb has spoken about a new government initiative to restrict imports of off-world addictive substances. He has cited recent deaths of a group of youths, that was attributed to an exotic drug, produced from imported Tau Ceti's plant. This intiative will see drastic increase in customs and space ports security.

A number of traders have already decried the new measures as draconic and impeding the smooth flow of trade. In some cases, the waiting time for obligatory customs checks has nearly tripled.

Will Kej Become Protected Species in Space?

The Society for Observation and Preservation of Kej (SOPK) has petitioned the star governments to enact laws that will make it illegal for people to interfere with Kej. They use the publicity of the recent Warp Lane reactivation as definite proof of the Kej worth to the galactic society.

The president of SOPK has spoke against the recently arisen practice of hunting lone Kej Drones for sport as both inhumane and highly dangerous. The proposed initiative includes ban on any attempt to capture and disassemble Kej Drones for study, equating it to cold blooded murder of a sentient being.

Coming up next, human interest story: ''Space Pirates Abducted My Daughter!'' and later an interview with a crewmember of Exploration Vessel, telling us the story of horrors that hide behind the light of the Stars.

===============

Rouke: Republic of Shel Drouk, Northern Federation, Southern Federation, All-Union and Tamerlei Theocracy To K'Krex (Esp. +++, Esp. 0 to GDF/Solaris)
    Spoiler
    Show

They are all requesting to know, what is happening in the orbit of their planet, using unencrypted communications.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-02-22 at 11:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

To Ross 154:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We regret to inform you that, as you might already know, the True Terran Fleet is channelling the new economic reforms packages we agreed to help them with into their military instead of increasing the welfare of their populace as we intended. We are already reinforcing the defenses at the Ross Republic, so if the TTF intends to go anywhere... well, the choices are limited.

As it is clear that problems are bound to arise from this sooner or later, we feel as though it would be too late to wait for any actual movement to happen. Is there anything you intend to do? Perhaps we could negotiate a deal to help you.

The easiest way to guarantee your safety would be to induct the Ross 154 system as an independently governed province to the Varulf Noble House - your government and laws would stay mostly the same, with minor changes to better accommodate the situation, you would join the Varulf Economic Area which would revitalize your own economy quickly and you would be under the protection of the Varulf military, defensively one of the strongest in human space.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

To K'Krex
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirius
    There is no response. Which is not unexpected. Kej drones tend not to communicate and there is some debate as to their actual sentience. Meanwhile further analysis of the construct has been completed. It appears to be similar in function to the Kej Drones but on a much larger scale. It also appears to be nearing completion.

To Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    Scans show several life signs. Probably the crew. And the hail is answered. The signal is full of static, and barely understandable, but it is clearly one of the ship's crew.

"Oh thank ... you're here. We are ... of the crew of the ... We were exploring a ... when it suddenly ... and attacked us. We ... to ... , but the ... had already ... out of the ... Our sensors were ... escaping so we aren't ... what ... but it looked like the derelict ... Please can you ... us our ship is ... and supplies are ..."

Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophiuchi
    The trader seems mildly amused by the offer, but accepts a few of your more exotic technologies. It then provides the Suula En'Coi with a map of the Ophiuchi system. It is fairly basic, but has some notations accompanying it. There is a warning against visiting Ophiuchi A II or Ophiuchi B I as it doesn't not want to "lose a customer." Ophiuchi A III is marked as harmless and the asteroid belt around Ophiuchi A has a notation indicating a refueling station, but the rest of the system is labeled as being uninteresting.

The quantum computers run dangerously hot, but the plant messages remain undecipherable. The responses are now permuting faster than the initial messages as if they are anticipating what will come next. The communications seem to almost make sense, but still hover right on the line between actual intelligence and an extremely clever mimic.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    The system appears normal, and your sensors don't detect any engine traces. The techs however, are complaining about the inferiority of these military targeting arrays to their normal broadband scanners.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Careful contact with the scout ship, ready to blow it up if it turns out to be a trap. Wolf keeps an eye on the system, Assault 1 makes contact and Assault 2 stays nearby in full readiness. Attempt to confirm the presence and state of mind of the crew, and the most important thing is to know what exactly happened, how they're alive, what brought them where they are and where the Dreadnought went.

Wolf actually keeps an eye on the sun aswell.

As for the scanning issue, assuming we have any plasma weaponry we can easily read trace amounts of gas particles in a basic spectro-analysis of a plasma cloud, which should give us a clue. If not, we can do dispersion analysis on lasers but that's less clear and harder to analyze without proper equipment. Nevertheless, it's worth a try.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    That nice, but we already gathered most of that from our own survey. Could the traders be so kind as to explain why these things are this way? And while they are at it, would they mind telling us a little more about themselves.

Ignoring military secretes trade information about the Suula En'Coi on a quid pro quo basis. Oh, and withhold some of the juicier bits.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

The Light Shipyards

To ArcaneStomper and House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll relay what information we picked up from the scans to Varulf's scout ship. (Feel free to open the last spoiler from ArcaneStomper)

"These are your people. How do you want to play this?"
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

To Light Shipyards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Carefully. ((Open my previous spoiler to ArcaneStomper))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

WNNC

Mysterious Fleet Heads for ZT Cancri

The warships that have appeared out of nowhere in the Solar System, have arrived to Procyon and immediately set course for the Warp Lane to ZT Cancri. Our local news team on the board of Yacht ''Space Sparrow'' follows them at a safe distance.

Anarchists Crushed

The Anarchists space military forces at YZ Ceti have ceased to exist. K'Krex are currently engaged in repairs and salvage of the destroyed ship.

A group of civilians have requested safe passage from the YZ Ceti. Will K'Krex honor their promise to let human population evacuate the planet?

Tensions in Triad System

The tensions are on the rise once more in the Triad Systems. This time, it's the True Terran Fleet undeclared ships, being spotted in the Republic of Ross inner system space. The Republic has claimed, that it is blatant scouting of defenses, in preparation for military invasion. True Terran Fleet has denied connection to the incidents and called it shameless provocation on the part of the Republic.

================

ZT Cancri

The Solaris and GDF fleets meet near the system's inhabited planet Rouke. Hive Ship and a number of smaller The K'Krex support ships drift above planet's north pole.

To GDF
    Spoiler
    Show

It appears that Solaris fleet is low on fuel and supplies after the confrontation with K'Krex. The GDF ship commanders are requesting permission to sell supplies and asking for recommendation on the prices.

Light Shipyards

A small group of badly battered warships emerges at the Warp Gate. They identify themselves as ''Anarchist Fleet'' and request permission to dock.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-02-23 at 11:25 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

House Varulf

To the Triad Systems:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the leaders of the Triad Systems have been invited to a conference to discuss the future of the region, hosted in the Republic of Ross for it's central location. House Varulf will be participating in order to announce a plan which might resolve the tensions in the area and lead to a peaceful reconstruction of the war-torn systems.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

The Light Shipyards

Anarchist Fleet (GM only I guess? I suppose if you have observers nearby you can see that actions I take.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hang on we will clear some space. First though allow us to send over some mechanics and medics to do whatever emergency repairs and help any wounded you have."

To be safe the defenses will be placed on high alert, just in case the K'Krex are following them. As well the Anarchist ships will be scanned to see if any of their reactors are unstable from battle damages. Those that are will just have the crew as speedily evacuated as possible and the ships abandonded. Also scan for number of life signs and make sure nothing alien snuck aboard during the battle.

The Light Shipyards sign the pretition to treat the Kej as a protected species.

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will scan the rest of the system to see what's in it.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trantis Coalition (esp.++)

To all nations involved in war:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be willing to offer you discounts on your military supplies provided you buy only from us.
    Gm:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naturally that would mean we get profit despite a discount
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Triad Systems Conference

The star nations of Triad Systems send their representatives to the conference. The True Terran Fleet isn't very popular in the Republic of Ross at the moment, while People's Democratic Republic of Ross receives a much warmer reception. It appears House Varulf is held in high esteem by all participants.

Anarchists to Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show

''We ain't asking for help, so don't expect us to grovel in gratitude. You can send help or you can leave us fend for ourselves, as you wish. We'll pay for docking charges and work our backs to get our ships repairs and ammunition, before getting back to YZ Ceti.''

One of the ships indeed has failing life-support, but Anarchists refuse to be evacuated, saying they'll fix it all right, before they get to the docks.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Triad Systems Conference

After the opening celebrations, a number of public meetings and talk about more minor matters and such, the four representatives retreat from the media to a series of closed-doors talks about the real purpose of the meeting.

GM ONLY
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so basically what we discussed with the factions individually over the PMs - Varulf will try to push through the province system to create the Terran League out of the four systems.

The political plan is the following: We'll use our support decided previously in all three of the other factions to get them to agree first, then we'll begin negotiating about the crucial things like government and stuff. I'm willing to give in quite far about autonomy and such - we want an unified economical free trade area, which should be easy because nobody should have anything against it.

We also want the military to be more unified, at least working together to a large extent - harder but with the support of both Ross 154 and True Terran Fleet it should be passable. Military command, I'm guessing the Rosses won't allow TTF to lead and TTF won't lend it's military to them either so we'll form a new command hierarchy out of all of our Admirals, keeping the military forces themselves separate but under joint Command. Varulf will hope to gain seniority based on nobody else being a suitable candidate for everyone.

And finally, the most important thing. Political governing is to be done by a Council system, with representatives from all provinces with a certain amount of voting power. What the Varulf want and are going to do our utmost to achieve, to the extent of being willing to make many compromises in the other areas, is that, although this is hidden under a number of layers of different officials and bureaucracy and politics, basically true power to make decisions is divided so 34% of the votes go to House Varulf, 22% to each of the other groups. And two thirds majority is required for any large decisions, a simple 51% for smaller ones.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume House Varulf, The Light Shipyards, and the Ascension Coalition are automatically sending new information back and forth to the other ships in the fleet. So you can read my posts to any of you unless you specifically state otherwise.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    After some tinkering with the targeting arrays the scanner techs report back that they can detect no traces of the dreadnoughts engines. Even more troubling they can't read any traces of the Wolf's previous visit either. They appear to be getting spooked.

To Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophiuchi
    The trader says that you get what you pay for. The impression that you receive is that it regards your techs as amusing baubles of little worth. It is however willing to trade information. It will start with itself.

It is the Automated Trading Vessel SAR 3419 - Armored Variant. It has been assigned to the wild lands to collect the goods from the various Reki'Che automated complexes, protect said complexes from pirates, and if the opportunity arises make profitable trades with the natives, which it is doing now.

At this point it pauses to give the Suula En'Coi the chance to reciprocate as well to ask more specific questions before it continues.

OOC: You don't actually have to write the reciprocation out since I read your background fluff. Although you can include more if you want.

To The Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    THe exploration ship's scan picks up nothing new with it's initial sweep. Four small rocky planets, three gas giants, and several asteroid belts scattered throughout the system, just what House Varulf said was here. If it wasn't for House Varulf's report and the evidence of the scout ship this system could be written off as empty.

However as the ship moves to get a better position for its scans the small scout ship sends another more desperate hail. "What ... are you ... Please ... leave. We've been ... here for ... and ... almost out of ... We'll die ... don't ... us. If ... payment ... I'm sure ... Varulf will ... to get ... ship back."
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2011-02-23 at 07:23 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper/Forum Explorer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh well. It might be a trap but I don't really think we have choice.

Scoop up the scout ship and let's talk to the crew.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

GDF to K'Krex Fleet at DX Cancri (Esp: +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We've just received new information that changes things. Solaris Incorporated has a second fleet hiding behind the planets moon. They're waiting for us to leave so they can conquer the planet for themselves.

I'd like to cut you a deal. Accept the deal I offered earlier. I'll help you fake the disarming of your ships and call K'Krex command to get a support fleet here to help you. When they arrive my fleet will leave the system, and let you destroy Solaris. Deal?"

GDF to Solaris Fleet at DX Cancri
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Are those nukes secure? The disarmament could take a while."

GDF to Hive Mind (Esp: +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Is your fleet ready? I don't trust these K'Krex. They could be calling in another fleet to join the battle."
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-02-24 at 12:29 PM.