Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Total War: Future (IC)

To the Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recieve a message in the form of a written letter. the handwriting is terrble but legible, and the paper looks strange.
    "I require ships. You Build ships. You will create several ships in and take them to Proxima Antilae. You will leave the ships unmanned, and my ship will meet you there and supply you with useful produce (+ temp economy)
    You shall reply with your acceptance with a message towards Proxima Antilae."

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will stock my exploration vessel with one economy to meet the ships I plan to buy for the trade (assuming it is accepted)

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trantis Coalition

GDF
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will give you what you can afford, and hold the other supplies in reserve for when you are ready to purchase them. How many supplies can you afford to purchase? (econ value you are willing to spend)
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

In response to the Sthuthid message, the K'Krex send back a simple response in solar basic.

*What are your intentions?*

To GDF (Def. Espionage ++++)
    Spoiler
    Show

*While we would gladly aid you against the Solaris fleet, they have laid several nuclear warheads in the hull of our Hive Ship. Convince them to remove them, and we shall aid you.*

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Sthuthid Federation

To K'Krex Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Recognition. Peace. Trade. We wish, in short, to be citizens of the galaxy.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Galactic Defence Force

GDF to Trantis Coaltion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our current income allows us to purchase supplies worth +-. If you prepare them at your planet we will send a military transport to pick them up and get them safely to our men.

GDF at DX Cancri
    Spoiler
    Show
    GDF to K'Krex (Esp: ++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've been talking privately with Solaris. They've agreed to remove the nukes when they can see your forces have been withdrawn to your hive.

As we said, we'll help you make it look like they've withdrawn when they really haven't. To start things off you need to release a message to everyone. Say that several of your transport ships were damaged in the fight, and you need more to speed up the withdrawal. We'll lend you some of ours.

GDF to Solaris (Esp: ++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The new fleet is K'Krex reinforcements! We've called for backup, but the reinforcements are massive. We might not have enough ships spare. Are there anymore you can bring to the fight?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-03-01 at 01:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

To whoever sent the note (madeyegeorge)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A return letter is sent.
    "We need more details if you want to do bussiness. What kind of ships do you want? how many? how quickly are they needed? Should they be to human or alien specifications? "
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Human specifications will be acceptable. I require small sized vessels of any type. The hull of the ships must be stronger than average, and there must be abundant space inside. Furnishings are unnecessary, and the ships must be ready for use upon delivery. The number of vessels to be supplied will be the maximum you will be willing to provide for the stated price, enough for a small group. (5-10 maybe? I dont know the value of spaceships...)

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

To ISREC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Maanen's Star
    The Russians display an extreme aptitude for space construction. Despite never having dealt with warp technology the warp stabilizer is constructed at an accelerated rate. So fast in fact that it is already completed and fully functional far sooner than normally projected. During the entire construction however the crew of the exploration can't help, but notice that the Russian workers are making recordings of everything, and not taking any pains to keep it secret either.

Besides that discussions have been ongoing with the Russians about the mining venture. They seem reticent about the prospect of selling their minerals, but eventually agree. They do however press for access to warp technology. If they're going to sell their goods to the rest of the human systems they want to do it with their own ships.

In addition they wish to contract the use of the ISREC exploration ship for at least one and possibly more endeavors.

To Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    The first few damage control teams sent to check on the supposed breach stop responding almost as soon as the get near it. As do the nearest section around the breach. It is not hard to figure out that something has penetrated the ship and is taking it out section by section. Shortly however it reaches a security post. The security teams are overwhelmed, but put up enough of a fight to be able to report back in.

The intruders appear to be several heavily armed cyborgs. They are humanoid, but whether they were human or alien to start with was impossible to tell with all their augmentations. And disturbingly enough the last thing that the security team reports before the line goes dead is that they appear to fade in and out just like the klaxons.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    Unfortunately it is just as the tech's feared. By the time the orders go out to the other ships the scout vessel has already closed with and latched onto the Light Shipyards exploration ship. An attempt could still be made to shoot it off, but as poor as this method of targeting is the shots would stand a good chance of hitting the exploration ship instead.

And to make matters worse the alien dreadnought has begun moving as well. It appears to be headed for the Amerigo. It's intentions are unknown , but probably hostile.

To the Ascension Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    Still confused about the Wolf's orders to fire on their own ship the Amerigo's gunnery crews are a bit slack as they launch the first few salvos. Especially as the targets appear to be for empty space. There is a general feeling that the crew of the Wolf is imagining things. And given the complete lack of any so called "alien dreadnought" was probably imagining things from the start.

To Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophuichi
    By know the trader is really warming up to the task of telling it's tale. It's apparently been some time since it's had an attentive audience. And so it continues.

ATV SAR 3419/AV is on finishing up the outbound leg of its journey. The Ophiuchi system is one of the last of the systems seeded by the Reki'Che when they were a more adventurous race. Soon the ATV SAR 3419/AV will begin it's voyage back to the Reki'Che hub worlds. Since it doesn't have stop at every other system along the way the return trip will take a mere five years* as opposed to the 200 year long outbound leg. It looks forward to finally going home and being able to refit and resupply at a proper space dock for once. As a side note this will mark it's 1,000th trade run so it's return is going to be a big event this time and it's looking forward to it.

The world it's returning to is one of the trading hubs of the Reki'Che empire. Of course empire is a bit of misnomer as it implies a certain level of expansionism. The Reki'Che got bored with that a very long time ago. At this point they are content to let stay at home and let their vast network of automated colonies provide all the goods they could ever want. As a result they are a somewhat lazy empire. Not a few of their neighbors have attempted to take advantage of this, but the Reki'Che automated defense networks are just as good as their colonies and so the Reki'Che for the most part don't concern themselves with anything but perfecting their art which can range from sculpting small pots to reconfiguring planetary systems into more pleasing configurations.

There is a small faction of Reki'Che called the Kian Rou that believes the lazy decadent ways will be the end of them once something finally gets past their defenses, and they have broken away from the main group to establish their own set of systems. They are however to small and recent a group for the ATV SAR 3419/AV to know much about.

It also knows a bit more about the surrounding systems. They are inhabited by a variety of races as well the previously mentioned Reki'Che seed worlds. They really don't have anything worthwhile to trade so ATV SAR 3419/AV ignores them for the most part. The only reason they're worth mentioning is that one faction of them has made repeated attempts to breach the Reki'Che defenses and years have trying has honed it's skills such that this region of the wild lands, the Reki'Che name for anything outside their empire which they have seeded, is fairly dangerous. Thus the reason that this particular trader is an armor variant.

*(Years are in human years for convenience.)

OOC
    Unlikely, the trader's explanation should explain why, but the trader's race isn't the only thing here.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

To anymonous (madeyegeorge)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can do that. We will get the ships done as fast as possible.

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright enough of this messing around with illusions and weird signals, its time for fun.

First heavy weaponry and additional troops will be moved to key locations such as chokepoints, security by bridge, engine room. Than we will prep a surprise for these cyborgs in the main hanger. A surprise involving heavy weaponry and tanks. Finally I'll lure them to the hanger with hit and run tatics. Standard hit and run attack will be, hit them frag and incinarary gernades, than a few quick shots from shotgun like weapons, finally back off towards the hanger.

Also send a signal to the other ships saying to watch out for borders.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trantis Coalition (esp. ++)

GDF
    Spoiler
    Show
    It shall be done.

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, nvm then. I will spend + econ making supplies, and recieve +- for them. ++ tech will be devoted to making the supplies. So my net profit is -econ.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Suula En'Coi

GM:Arcane
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: When I said in the OOC thread that I found godlike aliens I was joking...

So, I assume the places where my stuff was damaged is the auto defense systems?

Well, since you made this so easy...

Offer them every single thing we have; information, resources, technology, etc. in exchange for advanced technology. I don't meaning advanced molting spray. I mean power systems, weapons, defensive technologies, better computers, etc. Make certain we are getting a good deal though.

I know that sounds contradictory. What I mean is they will have more then we could reasonably trade for. So make certain the stuff we trade for is the most beneficial to us.

Also, ask about the possibility of setting up a permanent trade station in a Suula En'Coi system. Basically, will work for glass beads that happen to be godtech bombs to us. Prioritize knowledge of how these things work over actual specimens. And try to make certain specimens aren't the the explode or melt when tampered with variety.

And I don't care about their art or history. Or information on anything else in the area or system. Just tech. Well, the location of their worlds would be nice but is a fairly low value item.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper and everyone else in-system:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How's my shield studies going? It'd be good right about now.

A message is sent to the Amerigo detailing the movements of the Dreadnought and telling them to hightail it out of the way before they're blown up.

We ask the Light Shipyards ship for details about their situation and whether we have their consent to fire some smart missiles at the boarding craft in an attempt to blow them away. If we get permission, we launch.

Other than that, maximum concentration on flashing through the shield configurations - if we don't find the correct combination some time soon, we'll be in a bit of trouble against the Dreadnought itself.
    Last edited by Murska; 2011-03-02 at 10:52 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

To Arcanestomper and others in system
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once again, the Amerigo follows orders, moving away from the position marked by the Wolf. However, the mood is confused on the Amerigo, and a request is sent to the Wolf, asking for clarification of the situation.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

To Amerigo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Light Shipyards vessel is being boarded by the scout craft. If you are having morale problems, we suggest quickly flashing all of your shield capability on and then off, except for visible light, to confirm the situation with your own sensors.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

To Arcanestomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ACS Amerigo does as the Wolf advises, using the computers to cycle the shields for a tiny amount of time, taking an image of the surrouding area.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

To Wolf
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'd rather you not shoot it off. As far as we can tell the boarding party is already attacking us and that boarding ship is empty. We have a plan to deal with the boarders but they seem to be able to fade in and out of reality which is troubling.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

To Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    The cyborgs prove easy enough to lure. They do not appear very smart. Even so the fight in the hanger is rough. The tank rounds barely phased the, and by the end of the fight several of the tanks are smoking hulks and quite a few of the troops are just smears on the walls.

Still the finally all the cyborgs are dead, and the soldiers breath a sigh of relief. A sigh that ends abruptly as another wave of cyborgs pour into the hangar. These are different from the first wave. Much more lightly augmented. In fact the augments are sparse enough that several of the troopers can recognize the cyborgs as being former crew mates. Crew mates that now have heavy weaponry growing out of them.

Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophuichi
    The trader doesn't even blink and simply displays it's catalog again. With a now broader understanding of trade and a clear idea of what they want the Suula have no trouble finding the kind of tech they want only to realize that they are clearly not the first race to think of this. The catalog is very clearly divided into various levels of technology. And the price of each further technology are exponentially greater than the last. Even the cheapest of the more impressive items would require the Suula En'Coi to offer up their entire technological, industrial, and cultural production for approximately the next three thousand years.

Even the more inferior items are still overpriced. When questioned about this the alien trader simply does the psionic equivalent of shrugging and says, "I have to make a profit somehow."

It does however have a few cheaper items. Goods its picked up from other aliens in its travels rather ones it manufactured itself. An alien warship that looks very impressive (++ Mil), a machine which is it claims can project a planetary shield (/++++ Mil), and a very detailed star chart of the surrounding systems. Still although these are reasonably priced they still exceed the quantities of material the exploration ship has on hand. It would have to return to Altair and stock up on goods first. The alien trader does however, say that it will be in the area for some time if the Suula En'Coi wish to think about it and offers them a device with which they can contact it. It assures you that the device should work anywhere, with a minor disclaimer that it hasn't been tested inside the event horizons of black holes yet.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No according to what the trader said you are nowhere near even the edge of the automated defense systems.

About the trading. What you forgot is that traders dealing with natives are out to make obscene amounts of profit. Yes they would trade glass beads for large amounts of metal or other goods. But if a glass bead is a godtech bomb then the large amounts of goods have to be proportionately better. And since a glass bead is the equivalent of a godtech bomb to you then your best stuff is the equivalent of a bit of dust to them. They are however willing to trade bits of different dust with you.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    The Wolf's engineers and scientists have managed to find a combination of shielding that seems to work. It is obviously not complete however as the dreadnought appears to have the same sort of phasing issues that the Light Shipyard's ship reported about it's borders. Most likely there are more frequencies are being used that they haven't isolated yet, and until they do targeting locks will be degraded. It is however good enough to get those targeting locks and fire the weapons without the shields interfering.

Which is good as in the time that modifying the shields took the dreadnought has gotten very close to the Amerigo.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    By the way your orders to the Amerigo wouldn't have worked. It's not affecting the sensors ability to detect the dreadnought it's affecting the crew's ability to read the sensors. So just flashing the shields on and off would still leave the crew unable to see anything afterwards. You're crew would have known this though. So I'm assuming they would have given a proper set of orders and it worked anyway.

To Ascension Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    Rather halfheartedly the sensor techs take a look at the visual logs while the sensors are up, not really expecting to find anything. So it with some shock that they see a massive planet sized ship bearing down on the Amerigo. A ship that disappears when the shields flick back down to their normal settings.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

To ArcaneStomper + others in system
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well lets paste the fresh cyborgs as well. Another squad will be sent down to the hanger to catch them in a crossfire and burn the bodies with a flamethrower. This squad will be in space gear because if the cyborgs overwhelm the forces in the hanger we will seal it off and open the hatch to blow everything out. IF this happens the ship will immediatly move away so these things can't get reattched to the hull.

Two full sqauds also in space gear with a flamethrower in each team will head to the boarding ship. They will report any more corpses they find and flame each one of them. Once there they will maintain constant radio contact and attempt to detach the boarding ship and hopefully get off of it alive. IF this proves to be impossible they will signal 'Hammerfall' which will be the signal for the Wolf to pick off the boarding ship with smart torpedoes.

I also want all other areas of the ship to report in their current status if possible.

The ship will natrually report this information and plan to our allies in the system. If that distress ship is still hanging around (and not currently attached to my hull) I will launch some torpedoes at it.

To ArcaneStomper only (a clarification if your curious)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume that the new batch of cyborgs are the people killed earlier? AKA the repair crew+whoever was nearby/got in the way/the security post? Can I tell?

Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-03-02 at 07:23 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

To GDF and Solaris
    Spoiler
    Show

*To aid in the evacuation of our people back to the Hive Ship, we would greatly appreciate any transports you could spare. Several of ours were damaged.*

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Suula En'Coi

Arcane
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could I reproduce that planetary shield on other worlds? So each system would get the equivalent of /++++ Mil? Also, what principles does it operate under? Psionic, or does it require electricity or high temperature plasma flow or something of the like?

Is it one way so you can shoot through it, or does it stop things in both directions? Physical matter and psionics both?

Finally, could I use my tech to reverse engineer a more portable version? Say something I could equip on very large warships?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

To Arcanestomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    Get the Amerigo away from the massive ship and fire on it.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper and everyone else in the system:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wolf reports the shield configuration that seems to work. They'll keep that on the whole time now, coordinating the movements of the human ships in the area. We also start shooting at the Dreadnought. And meanwhile we try to better our shield configuration.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Halfling in the Playground

Daemon

To GDF (+ esp)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We apologise for the delay but we have arrived so that we may help police the area

TO GM ONLY ...or ooc only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My ships advance into position so they can prepare to attack.
    We are Here. We are One. We are the Playground.

Total War: Future
    Spoiler
    Show

THE HIVE MIND
    Military: ++++++
    Economy: -
    Technology: +
    Espionage: 0/++++
    Moral: ++++-
    Culture: ++++

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    We give the Russians warp technology for free. Them being able to trade faster benefits both of us.

Unfortunately our exploration ship is not available at this time. It is imperative we continue our effort of exploring nearby stars. If we come across a second exploration vessel we promise to sell that to the Russians.

ISREC to Sthuthid Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are willing to host the conference at our planet. There are two important conditions however;

1) We're expecting a solar flare soon. We won't be able to hold the conference until it's over. One month will be enough time. We would advise you not to approach the planet during this time. We'll contact you when it's safe.

2) We can't actually hold the conference in orbit. Due to our closeness to the sun staying in orbit that long would result in fatal doses of radiation. Our main base however has adequate shielding and space to host the conference.

GDF to Hive Mind (Esp: ++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Why have you arrived early? We appreciate your concern, but we have the matter fully under control. We don't want to scare the Rouke with another hundred ships, they've been through enough already. If you could stay out of visual range of the planet we'd appreciate it. Thanks."
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-03-03 at 04:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

Sthuthid Federation

To ISREC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for the offer, however, we do not wish to politicize the conference by hosting it on any sovereign territory but our own. If you would donate your solar system, we will hold the conference in orbit around another planet, if any are adequate.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

To Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    After another tough fight, although not as tough as the first one, the squads manage to beat back the new cyborgs. Afterwards though there is some dissent among the survivors who realized what they just did. A lot of the cyborgs were former friends, and they are not at all happy with the fact that the officers were callous enough to order them to burn them down without even trying to capture them. The directive to space the hangar if the fight went poorly despite the fact that the survivors of the last fight were still there and not equipped for vacuum are also met with some disdain.

On a more tactical level the boarding team reports that there is no resistance when they explore the enemy ship. Given that only about half as many cyborgs were destroyed as there were crew in the area and there aren't any bodies either this strikes them as ominous. Especially since the engine room does not report in when hailed. It very much seems as if the hangar attack was just a feint.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes they are. I just forgot to mention that.

To Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophiuchi
    The shield is not actually just one shield. It is actually an entire array of shields that cover various vectors of attack. Each of the shields seem to operate on different principles, some psionic, some electrical, apparently even what seems to be a gravitational field.

Or at least that's what the description in the catalog says. The trader isn't letting the Suula En'Coi actually get a hold of it until they pay up. It does however promise that the shield comes with a fairly extensive manual.

To Ascension Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    Despite the fact that they can't see what it is the Amerigo's gunners take their best guesses and fire anyway. Once the Wolf transmits it's new shield configurations the Amerigo's engineers are able to put them into operation quickly. At which point the crew can finally see the damage they are doing to the dreadnought, which is actually surprisingly substantial.

Of course they can also see the dreadnought firing it's main guns and despite some desperate maneuvering the Amerigo is hit by the massive column of plasma. Fortunately the shields hold, but only barely and the engineering crews report that it be best if the Amerigo didn't take any more hits like that.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    Through their new shields the Wolf's gunners fire multiple salvos at the dreadnought. Even given the poor targeting conditions it isn't very hard to hit something the size of a planet and the sensors report multiple hits. In fact the shots are surprisingly effective. The dreadnought's shields and armor are surprisingly light and the shots tear right through them gouging out massive chunks of it's hull.

Still despite the damage the dreadnought lumbers on, and fires one of it's main plasma batteries at the Amerigo. Interference from the plasma keeps the Wolf from seeing the exact moment of impact, but when it clears the Amerigo is obviously damaged although still intact and functional.

To ISREC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Maanen's Star
    The Russians are quite happy that the ISREC representatives gave them warp technology. They are somewhat disappointed that they can't hire the exploration ship, but they understand.

In the meantime several notable occurrences have occurred within range of the exploration ship's sensors. First a flurry of shipbuilding has started. Given the shapes taking form they are most likely warp capable ships of some kind. And second it has become apparent what the over sized space dock was for. A gargantuan vessel has moved in from the outer system. Given it's speed, very slow, it is likely that the Russians called for it to come in system shortly after they first detected the ISREC ship.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Suula En'Coi

Arcane
    Spoiler
    Show
    Get me that shield then.

Oh, and can I improve my offensive military by reverse engineering this thing and putting it one my warships?
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-03-03 at 06:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    The engine room would be one of the locations I fortified before begining the hanger ambush plan. Still I will send in reinfocements as heavily armed as possible to help.

The troops are advised to take out their anger on the enemy. We don't want to resort to such extreme tactics but these things are corrupting and desecrating the bodies of our fallen comrades. Leaving them alive would be an insult to their sacrifice and a risk to the lives of everyone else on board.

The boarding crews will see if they can saftly detach the enemy ship before heading down to join the fight in the engine rooms. If it was a feint all troops are warned that this other group is proboly more intelligent and tatic capable.

With the correct shield data from the Wolf we will change our tatics to the suggested frequency.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Turn 3 Begins...

WNNC Updates

Space Piracy

The space pirates continue their rampage through the trade lanes of the known space. With very few governments taking measures to protect their trade, many merchants resort to either hiring mercenaries or negotiating with pirates.

The lax government response to the growing piracy is linked to the K’Krex War. The military forces of many nations are too preoccupied with alien threat to deal with the lesser issue of piracy. This is a poor consolation for the merchants, who continue to lose shipments. ''It’s not as bad, as to put me out of business. But it does eat into the profit margins. The crews of the freighters started to ask for higher wages, due to the danger. Not that pirates kill people. Many talk about signing up with Galactic Labor Union. That organization is as bad as pirates.''

The Commonwealth

The conference between the Triad Systems and House Varulf ends with an announcement, that the four star systems will form a nation of Commonwealth. After the decades of strife and misery, this might finally bring peace and prosperity to the Triad Systems. Already, there are signs of economic recovery as industry of the Bernard’s Star is rebuild and joint economic zone lets the trade flow freely. New defenses are being constructed in the Republic of Ross and House Varulf is attracting greater economic investment. The united military forces of the Commonwealth report success in dealing with the pirate threat, the number of attacks record low in the known space.

The new government of the Commonwealth will open its first session soon to discuss the issue of the K’Krex and establish new treaties with the neighboring systems.

Galactic Labor Union

The Galactic Labor Union has announced the successful conclusion of the negotiations with the House Varulf. The workers of the House Varulf now enjoy higher wages and better medical insurance, then the rest of the Galaxy.

The organization’s next target appears to be Kingdom of Procyon and the businesses of the Solaris Inc. The Union is putting pressure on the Solaris Inc., the owner of a large part of the Procyon’s economy to provide better working conditions, health benefits and increased wages.

========================

Communications and Events

TTF to GDF (Esp. +++, House Varulf 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

It appears you have the right stuff in you, taking on those damn xenos. How about you sign up with True Terran Fleet?

Kingdom of Procyon (Esp. +++++)

Spoiler
    Show

A disgruntled noble Jiskar Lerouge has attempted to take His Majesty’s life. The motive appears to be disagreement with King’s policies, such as institution of capitalistic economic system on Procyon. The investigation has yet to confirm, if Jiskar acted alone or if he is a member of a large conspiracy.

House Varulf Internal Affairs(esp. ++++)
    Spoiler
    Show

There is a growing discontent among the merchants, about the higher expenses due to Piracy and Galactic Labor Union deal. The fact that half of House Varulf’s defenses were sent to the Triad Systems is used as the main point of attack against government. On the positive side the new image of House Varulf as ''Artisans'' have started bringing its fruits, somewhat offsetting the increased expenses.

Kingdom of Procyon to Solaris Inc. (Esp. ++++)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Holy Church of Procyon

We expect the arrival of Solaris Inc. initiates at the earliest opportunity. They will be assigned heavy penance for their tardiness.

YZ Ceti (Esp. +++++, K'Krex 0, Light Shipyards +++)

Spoiler
    Show

The Anarchists continue to launch raids against the bases, slowly whittling away the K'Krex presence on the planet. K'Krex Destroyers are required to be on constant alert to provide support to the assaulted positions.

Anarchists to Light Shipyards (Esp. ++)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Anarchists ships return hauling loot - salvaged equipment, weaponry and fuel from the warships. Several pieces of the salvage seem to come from the K'Krex Destroyers. They offer to sell some of it for supplies and cash.

========================

Battle in DX Cancri

The newly arrived fleet proceeds to meet with the GDF coalition. At first their intent appears to be to join in with the allied fleet, but when they reach firing distance, they open fire without any warning.

They deal damage on the first volley, but GDF collation doesn’t wait for the second one. The GDF ships were prepared on the course to LP 731-58 and their drives and systems were optimized for the making quick escape. The Solaris Inc. ships were prepared for fast exit as well, but they are slowed by the need to tow the massive Hive Ship, so their position was less optimal for quick escape.

Then the sensors begin to report disturbance in the Warp. A fleet of K'Krex ships arrives from Warp Gate to Procyon. It's roughly the size of the Coalition forces.

K'Krex Only
    Spoiler
    Show

Your soldiers attack the Solaris troops. The battle is bloody and vicious and you seem to be winning it. Then the Solaris transmit their message.

Your fleet has patched up damage in transit, but it's not repairs under the best conditions.

Solaris to K’Krex
    Spoiler
    Show

Let our fleet retreat safely or we blow up your Hive Ship. We’ve brought enough bombs to reduce it to cosmic dust.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-03-23 at 12:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

OOC To Light Shipyards, Ascension Coalition, and House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    You all receive - morale which will activate once your ships return home and spread word of their exploits and amazing victory. Any other gains would depend on what you do with the hulk.

To Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    The boarding team reports that they are unable to detach the survey ship. It seems to have integrated itself with the hull. Meanwhile the troops that burst into the engine room are surprised to be met with shocked faces and questions rather than cyborg claws. After some investigation it appears that they have no idea anything is wrong. All systems appear fine from their consoles and their messages have all received replies. A thorough investigation of the surrounding parts of the ship reveals a strange looking device which appears to be rerouting and modifying all messages into and out of the engine room, but no cyborg.

Soon though the hydroponics bay loses power. Followed by several other sections spread through out the ship. What follows is a long arduous hunt from section to section as the troops attempt to capture the cyborgs. The cyborgs always appear to stay just one step ahead of the pursuing troops sabotaging some key system and then leaving. And when the troops move too far ahead of the maintenance teams the cyborgs always seem to know, doubling back and striking the lightly armed engineers. Occasionally deadly warmachines, reconstructed out of any equipment the cyborgs managed to find, erupt out of the walls and take a terrible toll before being destroyed.

The fighting is long as arduous and the troops becoming increasingly paranoid as machine the attacks seem to come from everywhere with the cyborgs themselves remain ever elusive. After sometimes however it goes quiet. No more systems go dead. No machines burst out of the wall. The soldiers grow increasingly paranoid, but when the first cyborg is found catatonic on the floor their spirits quickly increase. Soon a large number of cyborgs have been accounted for, all found simply lying on the floor silently. After bringing back as many of the ship's systems as possible the crew is eager to help deal with the ship that did this to them, but once they took a good look at the battlefield it becomes clear that they will not be needed. The Amerigo and Wolf have taken a beating, but they are at least still functional, which is more than can be said for the dreadnought which is floating in a cloud of it's own debris.

To Ascension Coalition and House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    Working together together the two exploration ships soon notice something odd in their fight against the dreadnought. It seems sluggish, reacting slowly to new threats. And it's shields and armor seem ridiculously thin. Almost every shot fired at it penetrates and does some damage. Even so it is not an easy fight. The dreadnought is huge and even as it's being damaged the two ships sensors can see damaged subsystems being repaired and brought back online. Fighting is a matter of pounding it over and over. Destroying weapon system after weapon system only to see the first systems already repaired by the time the second is destroyed. And all the while the dreadnought is not sitting idle it's own fire wreaks havoc on the exploration ships. Punching through shields and causing severe damage.

Even so the tide does eventually turn for the human ships. Repairs come slower and slower and eventually stop altogether. One after the another the dreadnought's guns finally go silent. And in the end it simply floats dead and silent, in an expanding cloud of it's own debris.

To ISREC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Maanen's Star
    The Russians have been quite busy and have adapted to warp technology astonishingly fast. The first of their warp capable cargo ships are nearing completion. And the purpose and somehow they have managed to refit the gargantuan ship in record time as an exploration vessel. It soon jumps out for parts unknown it's original purpose and destination still unknown.

To Suula En'Coi
    Spoiler
    Show
    36 Ophiuchi
    It takes some dickering and a jump back to Altair to collect the proper trade goods, but eventually the Trader sells the planetary shield. It then moves off headed further in system. The Suula En'Coi immediately start trying to reverse engineer the shield and they run into some glaring flaws. Oh admittedly it works just as advertised. It covers the full range and spectrum and is quite robust. But what isn't mentioned are the power requirements. They are immense. Only a full planetary power grid would be able to run. And power would have to be diverted from other areas to do so. Not only that, but the shield has a warm up time. A short period in which the machinery is running and consuming all that power, but the shield hasn't formed yet. The Suula En'Coi examining it feel that the flaws could probably be corrected, but not without some work.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mechanically this means that the shield requires ++ temp econ to run for 1 turn, and it takes a few hours to activate.