New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Demotivators II: Return to Unnormal

Quote Originally Posted by gbprime View Post
    Actually, no. The Choir of the Astronomicon is the navigational beacon, and that's a few thousand psykers all broadcasting in unison (and burning themselves out in the process).

The emperor has become a warp-entity. He is fed psychic energy by the throne, he steers events and empowers champions as best he can, and he empowers the Imperium's Astropaths (basicly gives them the "interstellar range telepath" prestige class).

There are many stories new and old over what else he might be capable of or what might be wrong with him, but those basics are true.
    If I remember rightly, while they generate the Choir- he still "directs" it (without him, the Choir wouldn't work properly).

A bit like them being the lamp in a lighthouse- and him being the motor that ensures it's visible from all directions.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyShadow View Post
    Anyone who's played one know's how it feels:

That's only because they haven't seen the PF version yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I'd love to know who all those are. I only recognize Xykon (sorcerer), Arthas (paladin), the God Emperor of Mankind (psychic warrior) and Voldemort (warlock). EDIT: And the Witch-King of Angmar (ranger).

You also forgot Beguiler, Wilder, Favoured Soul, Ardent, Divine Mind, Lurk and Archivist btw.
    The Artificer is from Evangelion, though I can only remember his name in the reDEATH parody, Bob Dole the Cyborg.

Dread Necromancer is from an episode of Adventure Time.

Druid is Blackwolf from the cult classic fantasy film Wizards.

Wizard is the Horned King from the Chronicles of Prydain.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    That's only because they haven't seen the PF version yet.
    Of what? The Arcane Archer or the Monk? And how is this intended? Is the PF Arcane Archer better than 3.5's? Worse? I'm confused.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

4. - Top - End - #604
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd love to know who all those are. I only recognize Xykon (sorcerer), Arthas (paladin), the God Emperor of Mankind (psychic warrior) and Voldemort (warlock). EDIT: And the Witch-King of Angmar (ranger).

You also forgot Beguiler, Wilder, Favoured Soul, Ardent, Divine Mind, Lurk and Archivist btw.
    The Dread Necromancer Lich is the lich king from one of the best Adventure Time episodes: "His Hero"

ALSO...HE FOUGHT A BEAR

EDIT: Wow, I got ninja'd so hard that it looked like I didn't read Cieyrin's post good enough.
    Last edited by some guy; 2011-02-23 at 03:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Of what? The Arcane Archer or the Monk? And how is this intended? Is the PF Arcane Archer better than 3.5's? Worse? I'm confused.
    PF version of Arcane Archer is much, MUCH better. Actual casting progression, useful abilities that aren't a collection of 1/days, magic arrows, etc. Have a look for yourself: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/pres.../arcane-archer
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

PF version of Arcane Archer is much, MUCH better. Actual casting progression, useful abilities that aren't a collection of 1/days, magic arrows, etc. Have a look for yourself: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/pres.../arcane-archer
    I have the book, I just suck at number crunching, so I have no idea on whether or not things are broken or not.

Now I wanna play an Arcane Archer.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground

Now I wanna play an Arcane Archer.
    Exactly!
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

8. - Top - End - #608
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Just because I don't think it's been said, I believe the Shugenja Lich is the emperor from Jade Empire.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

I have the book, I just suck at number crunching, so I have no idea on whether or not things are broken or not.
    What numbers would you crunch anyhow?

Just look at the class features table: there's a "Spells per day" section.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Just doing my part.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Inspired by a typo in a thread title, that just doesn't get fixed:

Spoiler
    Show
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

12. - Top - End - #612
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morth View Post
    Just doing my part.

Spoiler
    Show
    I wouldn't necessarily call it bard, but rather Inspire courage/greatness/heroics. Awesome pic of Kamina though.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Okay, so my spleenin' to do;

The Liches as such are:
    Spoiler
    Show

Artificer is Lorenz Keel from Neon Genesis Evangelion, though what I had in mind was him as The Elder of Days from Children of an Elder God.

Bard is Mok "the Magic Man" Swagger, a monstrously underrated villain from the cult classic, Rock and Rule. True to form, he is a satanic, possibly undead form of Mick Jagger.

Cleric is indeed Rasputin from Hellboy, prophet of the Ogdru Jahad the Seven Dragon Gods of Chaos. Try as you might, you just can't keep him down because this one has an actual phylactery i.e. an acorn where Baba Yaga keeps half of his soul.

The Dread Necromancer is The Lich King from Adventure Time, and he hasn't really made much of an impact yet what with all of his five seconds of screentime. But he was one of the six original characters for the show in production, is guaranteed a place in the next season, and, well, he isn't funny.

I'm surprised someone got the Druid Blackwolf from Wizards. Speaking from a gamer perspective, Blackwolf would be a Blight Druid and his phylactery would be his old Nazi Propaganda Film Projector. I got druid mostly out of the magic and the shapechanging you see in his prologue.

The Paladin lich is of course Arthas (and Frostmourne) from WoW. No introductions needed.

The Psion Lich is Akira from... well, Akira. Storing his essence in jars of his own organs, he was still able to reform his body decades later and use psychic powers the likes of which would never be seen again. Akira wasn't much of a talker, though, so I just got lazy and used the next best thing; one of Tetsuo(TETSUOOOOOO!)'s quotes.

The Psychic Warrior is the Emperor from Warhammer 40k, you use what you've got, blah blah blah, picture sauce here.

I got desperate with the Ranger and used the good ol' Witch King of Angmar (movie version). He was close enough, what with the spells, and the dual wielding, and the big Fell Beast animal companion, and the ring phylactery hyben glaven schmalwitz!

Sun Hai got to be the Shugenja even though he should be a Wu Jen, but my general reasoning was:
    Jade Empire Magic = Elemental Magic
    Shugenja Magic = Elemental Magic
    If A = C and B = C, logically A = B. And you would not believe what a pain in the ass it was to find quotes and pictures for this guy.

Xykon, like Arthas, doesn't need any introductions, though I am ticked that I had to cut his quote so severely short. The pic is actually from this here Russian blog.

Voldey got to be the Warlock on account of much spell-blastiness and Avada Kedavra goodness, as well as needing to be something inherently magical. I actually considered him for the Artificer Lich for his propensity with magical items (Seven. Damn. Phylacteries.) and wands. Cheap, ain't I?

Horned King is the Wizard because, first and foremost, he's another heinously underrated villain (seriously, a Disney lich?!), and as you've probably guessed by now, I needed someone to fill the slot. Ah, Black Cauldron, you had so much promise. Disney reaching out to the D&D crowd via book mutilation. What could have been...

And finally, Lo Pan is the Wu Jen as the classic Oriental trope of Evil Sorcerer (seriously, watch more Chinese cinema kids), and because Big Trouble in Little China needs more love.

That a volunteer mission, son?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    I'm surprised someone got the Druid Blackwolf from Wizards. Speaking from a gamer perspective, Blackwolf would be a Blight Druid and his phylactery would be his old Nazi Propaganda Film Projector. I got druid mostly out of the magic and the shapechanging you see in his prologue.
    It's just one of my favorite movies ever, tis all. C'mon, Elves vs. Hitler propaganda, how can you not love that? Also, the Fritz skit makes me name a character Fritz in any tactical game where are control multiple characters just so I can reenact it.

The Psion Lich is Akira from... well, Akira. Storing his essence in jars of his own organs, he was still able to reform his body decades later and use psychic powers the likes of which would never be seen again. Akira wasn't much of a talker, though, so I just got lazy and used the next best thing; one of Tetsuo(TETSUOOOOOO!)'s quotes.
    Damn, now I recognize it.

Horned King is the Wizard because, first and foremost, he's another heinously underrated villain (seriously, a Disney lich?!), and as you've probably guessed by now, I needed someone to fill the slot. Ah, Black Cauldron, you had so much promise. Disney reaching out to the D&D crowd via book mutilation. What could have been...
    The book series version was so much better than what Disney butchered together. You didn't get to see much of the Horned King but you KNEW he was a scary mother****er. 0_0
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The book series version was so much better than what Disney butchered together. You didn't get to see much of the Horned King but you KNEW he was a scary mother****er. 0_0
    True, but the original Horned King wasn't much of a mage. He was really more of a warrior, and was more of Dragon on his particular villain hierarchy. And I still say the animated Horned King has his merits. By which I mean he and the actual Black Cauldron are the only reason I endure that movie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    What numbers would you crunch anyhow?

Just look at the class features table: there's a "Spells per day" section.
    So does the Healer
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily call it bard, but rather Inspire courage/greatness/heroics. Awesome pic of Kamina though.
    Fixed it. Whatta ya think?

18. - Top - End - #618

Quote Originally Posted by Morth View Post
    Fixed it. Whatta ya think?
    Oooooh! Likey!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #619

Personally, I like bards. However, this three-count party won't make it past 1st level ...

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

SleepyShadow, my friend... let me give you a helpful hint. Instead of using URL tags, use IMG tags. That way, you'll post image directly, instead of linking to it.
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2011-02-23 at 05:36 PM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

21. - Top - End - #621

Personally, I like bards. However, this three-count party won't make it past 1st level ...
    You obviously haven't heard of Dragonfire Inspiration, then. That's how you stack multiple bards together. Xd6 elemental damage per Bard, each Bard contributing a different kind of elemental damage - oh, but you do have one singing plain old Inspire Courage.

Seriously, when a 1st level character hits for 5d6 elemental damage it's freakin' awesome.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you so much, NEO|Phyte!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

23. - Top - End - #623

In agreement. An all bard party would probably rock the socks of most encounters.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post

I'm just saying.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    In agreement. An all bard party would probably rock the socks of most encounters.
    Pun intended?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

26. - Top - End - #626

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Pun intended?
    A conversation about bards rocking out will generally metal the prerequisites for puns, good and awful.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ettin in the Playground

You hurt my gray matter... what's little's left of it, at least.

28. - Top - End - #628

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I'm just saying.
    I do it just because you don't like it.

Just kidding

Nah, I can't get them to work right. When I preview them using image tags, it just brings up the little 'You Fail' icon instead of the image.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

You see that thing on the right that says "IMG code" when you view your image? Just copy and paste that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBoundFencer
    NOBODY POST I AM HUGGING AN INFERNAL

30. - Top - End - #630

Nah, I can't get them to work right. When I preview them using image tags, it just brings up the little 'You Fail' icon instead of the image.
    The thing is you're using photobucket, it provides a formatted img tag version of your link. look to the left of the picture, there is a box called "share this photo." in there is a section called 'IMG code' and if you copy and paste that text inside that section, you should be fine.
    Spoiler
    Show