New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Phoenix Town. To the untrained eye, it is like any number of other midsized city in Japan. Its people live their lives, bustling to and fro. Phoenix Town High School staff prepares for the return of the students, as those self same students bemoan, look forward to, or do not really care about the end of their vacation. In its classrooms, club rooms, and athletic grounds lie many memories for most of the populace of Phoenix Town.

The more devout attend one of the many local shrines. One in particular is tended to by one of those self same students, Sayaka-san’s vacation likely consumed by the work necessary to keep the Houheiden Shrine in tip-top condition. Situated on a forested hill, apart from much of the development, the Shrine is surrounded by Forest, give it a picturesque backdrop. The Shrine grounds are the picture of peace and tranquility. For now, they serve as refuge for those exhausted by their day to day lives, a spot to rest, recuperate, and find the strength to continue on with their lives. To the Shinigami, it is known as a place where they may pass between worlds… along as they obey the rules set forth.

The Venti Buon is no less a refuge, in a different fashion. The Café is placed near to many important spots for individuals with a sense of the supernatural, including the Cemetery, and (Blank) High School. The Café is not huge, and both its staff and regulars would raise an eyebrow at a more formal establishment, but to the High School Students that frequent it, such is just normal. Perhaps some of them will seek it out today, as that dreaded or anticipated date closes.

Not far from Venti Buon sits a shop. Most overlook it, but for those interested in the more supernatural aspects of this world, it is a must see. Furousha Shop caters to many kinds, and much of its clientele counts other clients as enemies. However, Viatrix’s skills and usefulness has kept it quiet thus far, and the place is an invaluable source, no matter if you are Shinigami, Hollow, or Medium. However, everything has a price.

---

So, on this gloomy and moist afternoon, let the story continue. Phoenix Town has become the center of dire plots, and none know the full extent of the danger, including those conspiring to bring about its destruction.

Just as rain begins to fall in full, Kondo Sayaka is at the center of attention, having just survived an attack by a monstrous Hollow called Null Mind. But it seems she hasn't survived without a scratch - what odd transformation has her body gone through?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Mihail duly notes the confusion and anxiety in the woman's voice. She's speaking the truth. She also seems surprised by his appearance. She isn't as alert as I thought. If he'd wanted to, he could have struck her down... of course, she had survived a blow that had cracked stone. I'd be hard-pressed to do any better now.

"So you are twin ghost"
    , he says deadpanly, turning to regard Ken and Sayaka. "Are you well?"
    Cassandra stared at the man blankly. "Twin ghost? You'd better start making sense, I'm not in the mood for this." She said, threateningly. Wait a minute, twin? He was tagged...

He must have fought one of her clones! Only one had survived and given Cassandra its memories, after all. But this man couldn't have possibly killed her clone; she could feel absolutely no reiatsu from him. If she had killed his clone, then Cassandra would be very disappointed.

"I don't recall asking for your assistance here, either. Stand aside, I need to make sure she's all right. Hold her still, boy." She moved in closer, her hand moving to touch Sayaka's forehead.

Furousha Shop

A man dressed in a labcoat walked up to the shop, looking determined. Vincent had found very little in his research, but from what he had heard, there was very little that went on in Phoenix Town money-wise that Viatrix Klossner was not aware of.

And was most disappointed to find the door locked. "Doesn't that just figure..."
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-02-08 at 08:36 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    "I go by Asdrubal Arriola. What's this greater purpose you're concerned with? Color me... interested. At least moreso than by anthing currently in this pathetic city."
    Gralster

With Null Mind dead, Gralster had time to focus on the other arrival.

"Then seek out the great city of Las Noches in the endless sands of Hueco Mundo, the Ghost King of all Hollows is always in need to ambitious arrancar."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Hollow Attack - On the way to Houheiden]

Sayaka was aware she had been picked up. It was a strange feeling. Like floating in the air. The motion was nauseating though. Her head rang-rang when she was moved. But at least the danger was gone.

"Can you speak?" Ken asked Sayaka.

She took another deep breath and nodded.

"Thank you." Was what she said softly. Her throat hurt when she spoke.

She lifted her head up, and tried to use her arms to hold herself to sit up. There was a woman and a man she did not know. And... Kina? Maybe that was her farther away.

The woman's touch on Sayaka's head was cool and refresh. The painful headache became softer, and Sayaka sighed in relief.

"I'm ok. Somehow. I-I should be dead. But it seems you saved me. Thank you." She bowed her head a little.

I still feel strange. I sound strange. What's going on?"

Sayaka looked down at herself. She looked at her hands. And then started to check if she was injured.

Was I always this much shorter than Ken? And this uniform seems...

big.

A brief feeling of annoyance. She looked at the others.

What did the hollow do? She wondered. She had her memories still. . . Right?

"I feel ok... I think. But I shouldn't. Something should be wrong. I should have died. What happened?"
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Mihail remains still as stone. What was he supposed to be doing. Oh yes. I wanted to visit the shrine ahead, he thinks impassively. Last remnants of adrenaline fade from his veins and just leave aching muscles and sweaty clothes clinging into his back.

He scans Sayaka. There are no visible injuries on her... but that doesn't mean much when the attacker is spiritual. Maybe the poor girl's soul is somehow damaged? There's something odd about her clothing, something that clashes with his earlier observation of her. Could've sworn she looked older before, he muses, but then lets the idea fade. It's not like he couldn't have been mistaken... it's not like even he sees everything, right?

"There is shrine ahead", Mihail advices. "Maybe get help there?" Of course, there are other buildings just around them... but going to a shrine after being attacked by ghosts sounds like a better idea than pestering ordinary folks with it.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Furousha Shop

A man dressed in a labcoat walked into the shop, looking determined. Vincent had found very little in his research, but from what he had heard, there was very little that went on in Phoenix Town money-wise that Viatrix Klossner was not aware of.

"Ms. Viatrix Klossner? I have a request for you..."
    Unfortunately, the store seems to be closed. However, there is a box of business cards on the front door with Vi's business cell number.

[School]

Viatrix sneezes, hanging out in the bathrooms so she isn't caught and treated like a normal student.

At least she isn't smoking. That'd be bad for her health.

[Venti Buon]

Nero sneezes. Pulling his newpaper down, he looks for an ash tray, and if present, lights a cigarette before going back to his reading.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-08 at 08:18 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sayaka
    "I feel ok... I think. But I shouldn't. Something should be wrong. I should have died. What happened?"
    "Well I found you and managed to get that thing away from you while it was holding on to you. Maybe it didn't get to finish whatever it was doing to you and that's why you appear alright. I don't want to scare you, but there could still be something wrong with you that you don't about yet. It was holding on to your head and it tried to control my mind so my guess is it did something to you mentally since you're alright visibly. I wouldn't be surprised if no one here can tell entirely what happened to you. Maybe your father can though. I suggest you try to relax and don't push yourself to do anything. I can carry you the rest of the way home if you wish or I could at least offer my shoulder for support." Ken seemed perfectly composed while still showing concern by how intently he watched her. He turned to Cassandra and then to Mihail. "Thank you for helping us. We'll be going there." Finally he switched his attention to Kina and called out to her. "Would you like to come with us to the shrine? Maybe you'd feel better if you took some time to relax there after seeing what just happened."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-08 at 08:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Phoenix Town, with Sayaka, Ken, and Mihail

Cassandra knew. It was an extraordinarily rare ability, but it happened occasionally; a being with the power to drain memories. But this even more than that, because it went so far as to affect her physical body. That was why she had no physical scarring; the damage wasn't physical. Not that she was going to tell any of them that.

"I didn't do it for you," she tells Ken coldly, her voice sharp. "You were an idiot. You jumped into the fray with that beast, and it could have easily killed you. Such sacrifices don't make friends, trust me. If you want to protect her, start by not being so dumb."

"I've done all I came here to do,"
    she said suddenly, turning away. "Don't expect me to save you next time."

And with that, she walked away, vanishing amidst the tangle of buildings.

In front of Furousha Shop

Vincent saw the box of cards, and pulled one out. He looked at the number and dialed it, hoping that she would answer. He had distressingly few informational contacts in Phoenix Town.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

"Well damn. It looks like I arrived late."

Between the disappearance of the Hollow's admittedly not-so-large Reiatsu and the size of the school grounds themselves, his lateness was perhaps justified.

Hasunaga was here, in his mature adult guise. He had the largest frown on his face when he noticed Cassandra. However, he also saw Ken, and she wasn't holding any weapons; so at the very least she wasn't threatening them at the moment...

...which didn't immediately mean she did not contribute at all to the current state of affairs. With everyone gathered around her, Hasunaga couldn't see that Sayaka was the one attacked.

"I'm going to be as direct as I can and I don't want you to lie to me." He addressed Cassandra. There was a barely contained anger in his tone - he was clearly holding back a great deal. "Are you responsible for this attack, yes or no?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

[Elsewhere]

Viatrix exits from another set of doors when her business phone rings. She wastes no time in answering. "Viatrix Klossner. How can I help you?"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-09 at 10:56 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Cassandra glanced at the man addressing her. "Oh, I remember you. Didn't I already fight you once? Why would you come here looking for another?" She cocked her head to the side quizzically.

"And what, this? I'm responsible for the fact that this kid here is still alive. You mentioned you had students before, is he one of 'em? If so, you might want to tell him to be more careful; stupid kid almost got himself killed along with the girl. But don't worry, they're both fine."

"And if you don't believe me, ask the kid yourself. He knows who saved his ass."
    She added with a poorly hidden note of contempt. "Now, if I may be excused? I have other places to be right now." She said, moving past Hasunaga.
    Star Wars iTP characters

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

[On the way to Houheiden Shrine]

A hand reaches to touch Hasunaga's shoulder. Considering who it is... the feeling might not be very pleasant. "Don't, Mihail says. "Let her go. She is meaningless."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

"...I'll take it under advisement.

If you truly did save him, then I don't have any reason to fight you."
    Hasunaga begrudgingly admitted. Though he wasn't exactly thanking her, either. Then again... she was acting rather differently than the last time they'd met. "And I wouldn't mind if things stayed that way. What you do with your time is your business. So as long as you're not attacking any of my students, I couldn't care less which way you nod or shake your head." It also seems quite obvious he had a few choice words in mind instead of the ones he just chose.

"This one, I didn't have the chance to warn yet." Hasunaga replied as he went back in time and stared at Ken, instead of Nakahiro, thus correcting a brainfart on his player's part.

He turned to the others, and finally realized who it was. Kondo Sayaka... she seems smaller somehow. Maybe it's just the way she looks all shrunk in pain...?
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-02-09 at 09:04 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Somewhere Else, At Some Time

Josiah Kane sits in his office, slumped in his chair. He's idly poking at his holographic computer interface. At the moment, it's displaying what looks to be one of the secondary power collectors for his high-tech armor.

<Daggum thing. I just need 2% more power flow! Maybe if I used...no, palladium would burn out too quickly. Mix it with...No, maybe with...hm, that's possible.>

He's clearly lost in his own world.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

The Hollow's attack is unexpected and strong. Kina puts her hands up as a reflex to block it, but it is no use. She stumbles back a bit, hands grasping her skull as thoughts and memories barrage her mind. At first she sees flashes of her life: a cane. suddenly it lifts upward, whistling through the air as it swings...a blue glow. her hands scorched, she lifts up and tries once more...two faces. both sneering, the background spinning as they drag her...Suddenly the ground is much closer and her knees hurt a bit from striking concrete. But not nearly enough to block out the piercing headache.

Kina can barely get a thought in through all the pain. Panting, she struggles through the pain to shift into a more comfortable position. As she does, one idea keeps popping up, an idea that scares her. But she can't get it out of her mind. The headache makes it hard to think about anything but that one thought. That one idea dominating her brainpower. Slowly, Kina lifts herself up. Her thoughts seem to grow stronger as she does, though they almost seem to conflict.

Spoiler
    Show
    You think you can help? You think your life is worth anything? You couldn't even succeed at the one thing you wanted...No! What are you doing? You are worth something! What are you thinking?...Pathetic. You're pathetic. Can't stand up for yourself, can't fight for people you care about, can't even make people happy. What possible use could you have?...I'm strong. I...Just end it! It would only take a few moments. They aren't looking at you. No one's gonna stop you

Kina's head lifts to watch the fighting. She feels a tugging towards them, but she holds herself back. Gasping, she slams her hands against her head. The pain intensifies as her old thoughts become more jumbled by the new ones.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...But I can't! What about him?...Look at him. Look who he's fighting for. He doesn't care about you....But...Do it!...But I can't. I couldn't do that...You're weak! You're pointless! Your grandfather knew it! You know it! She knows it! Even HE knows it. Accept it!...But...DO IT!

As Ken speaks to her, Kina's mouth opens wide. An earsplitting scream fills the air around her as her hands dig into her skull, trying to fight the growing pain.

"Get it out, get it out, get it out!" She stares intently at the ground for a moment, as if she knows what to do but doesn't want to go through with it. "Stop it! Stop it!"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

[SWORD HQ]

There is a knock on Josiah's door.

The man doesn't wait for Josiah to verbally address him before approaching his desk, with a phone in his outstretched hand. Josiah has seen these fellows around. Virtually identical (rumored to be sentient gigai, or some nonsense like that), the Mediums as they were called were the mouthpiece between SWORD's agents (even 01) and Agent 00.

When Josiah takes it and answers, he is greeted with a heavily distorted, unidentifiable voice.

Spoiler
    Show

[Elsewhere...]

There was another person Agent 00 was looking for. A nondescript hooded man nears the school grounds, where she was last seen. A rather large, nondescript package rests in a backpack, unzipped so the recipient name is just barely visible.

Mikami Aura.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aura notices the man, and discreetly walks up to him.

"Nice weather we're having."

Which was code for;

"SWORD Operative, what is it?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    As Ken speaks to her, Kina's mouth opens wide. An earsplitting scream fills the air around her as her hands dig into her skull, trying to fight the growing pain.

"Get it out, get it out, get it out!" She stares intently at the ground for a moment, as if she knows what to do but doesn't want to go through with it. "Stop it! Stop it!"
    Unflappable as ever Ken spoke flatly, "Looks like she definitely should come along. Please excuse me." He delicately relinquished his grasp on Sayaka and ran to Kina. He grabbed her wrists and pulled her hands away from her head with the minimum amount of force necessary. He promptly released them and hugged her tightly so she couldn't hurt herself anymore. "Calm down! I'm right here! You're safe!" he said firmly.

Needless to say, he didn't care about Cassandra's remarks. He had more pressing matters to attend to. They wouldn't bother him even if he didn't though. She had helped Sayaka and that was all that mattered to him. Maybe she'd be of service again. "Hey! Mind helping her too?" he asked turning to her briefly.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-08 at 10:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [SWORD HQ]

There is a knock on Josiah's door.

The man doesn't wait for Josiah to verbally address him before approaching his desk, with a phone in his outstretched hand. Josiah has seen these fellows around. Virtually identical (rumored to be sentient gigai, or some nonsense like that), the Mediums as they were called were the mouthpiece between SWORD's agents (even 01) and Agent 00.

When Josiah takes it and answers, he is greeted with a heavily distorted, unidentifiable voice.

Spoiler
    Show
    [SWORD HQ]

Josiah takes the phone, his whole demeanor shifting. When he answers the greetings of his commanding officer, his tone is all business, and his posture is almost painfully straight.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, hello Sir. How may I help you?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

[City Streets]

The Medium nods, pulling out the box for Aura. "Enjoy your package, miss." With that, he walks off, blending into the crowds and vanishing.

Which is code for 'open it in privacy'. There have been stories of Agent 00 sending packages that combusted when their contents were revealed in direct sunlight, or within spitting distance of large crowds via sensors that reacted on UV light or sound.

Surely it is never a good idea to provoke your boss by wasting his time.

[SWORD HQ]

The Medium has a seat near Josiah's desk, given there is one. Otherwise he just stands by silently.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, your work will certainly be of value to me, so first of all I request that you continue working on the Dynamo, on behalf of Project Nimbus. However, that is of secondary concern as of now. I want you, along with Agent 02, to design something. You are likely aware of the higher concentration of reishi around Fushichou town. This is the reason I chose this area, and began building our cover organization within its boundaries. However, it is imperative that the next thing I tell you is kept between you and Agent 02 only." About now, Josiah receives a file on his computer.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-10 at 11:04 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [On the way to Houheiden Shrine]

A hand reaches to touch Hasunaga's shoulder. Considering who it is... the feeling might not be very pleasant. "Don't, Mihail says. "Let her go. She is meaningless."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "...I'll take it under advisement.

If you truly did save him, then I don't have any reason to fight you."
    Hasunaga begrudgingly admitted. Though he wasn't exactly thanking her, either. Then again... she was acting rather differently than the last time they'd met. "And I wouldn't mind if things stayed that way. What you do with your time is your business. So as long as you're not attacking any of my students, I couldn't care less which way you nod or shake your head." It also seems quite obvious he had a few choice words in mind instead of the ones he just chose.

"And I believe I DID." Hasunaga punctuates that last sentence with a censoring glare towards Nakahiro.
    Cassandra walked past the two, sparing neither of them another glance. "If either of you gentlemen want a rematch, let me know. I'll be around." She said as she walked off. Hasunaga was right; her mannerisms were distinctly different from her clones; her stance was much stronger, her balance nearly perfect, and if anything, she seemed stronger than the Cassandras that the two men had met. She moved on, leaving the men to wonder what it was she was doing here anyway.

[Elsewhere]

Viatrix exits from another set of doors when her business phone rings. She wastes no time in answering. "Viatrix Klossner. How can I help you?"
    "Yes, Miss Klossner. I've heard a good deal about you and what it is you do. I have a request for you. I have recently come by information of a theft of a certain spiritual relic that used to belong to my family. It is a dagger of some renown, though no real value. I am willing to offer a sizable reward for its return, and I was wondering if you could provide any information as to its whereabouts. It was recently stolen from Fushichou Museum of History. Perhaps you already know of it?
    Star Wars iTP characters

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[SWORD HQ]

The Medium has a seat near Josiah's desk, given there is one. Otherwise he just stands by silently.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, your work will certainly be of value to me, so first of all I request that you continue working on the Dynamo, on behalf of Project Nimbus. However, that is of secondary concern as of now. I want you, along with Agent 02, to design something. You are likely aware of the higher concentration of reishi around Fushichou town. This is the reason I chose this area, and began building our cover organization within its boundaries. However, it is imperative that the next thing I tell you is kept between you and Agent 02 only." About now, Josiah receives a file.
    [SWORD HQ]

There were a couple of rather comfortable chairs in the room, as Josiah occasionally met with others in here.

Josiah's eyes widened as he read the file. At times, he read the same section 3-4 times, just to be sure he had the right of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    "This is...ambitious, sir. That's not to say it isn't doable. But these efforts...they will be difficult to conceal certain key stages. Some of it can be built without outside knowledge, for sure. But sections 5 through 8 will present the most challenge. That said, it's certainly doable. I'll need to consult with Agent 02 to start brainstorming ideas. I do not wish to commit to a strong timetable until we've had a chance to do that. Better to do this right than do it fast. Sir."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    "Yes, Miss Klossner. I've heard a good deal about you and what it is you do. I have a request for you. I have recently come by information of a theft of a certain spiritual relic that used to belong to my family. It is a dagger of some renown, though no real value. I am willing to offer a sizable reward for its return, and I was wondering if you could provide any information as to its whereabouts. It was recently stolen from Fushichou Museum of History. Perhaps you already know of it?
    "Can't say I have. There are times that people sell me things if I think they're profitable enough, but I haven't had anyone try to pitch me a dagger. I'll keep my ears to the ground, though. Depending on what kind of reward we're talking about here." Viatrix smirks. She had a number of contacts she could ask.

You truly are shameless.

I'm also filthy rich. And I'm rich because I'm forward.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [SWORD HQ]

There were a couple of rather comfortable chairs in the room, as Josiah occasionally met with others in here.

Josiah's eyes widened as he read the file. At times, he read the same section 3-4 times, just to be sure he had the right of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    "This is...ambitious, sir. That's not to say it isn't doable. But these efforts...they will be difficult to conceal certain key stages. Some of it can be built without outside knowledge, for sure. But sections 5 through 8 will present the most challenge. That said, it's certainly doable. I'll need to consult with Agent 02 to start brainstorming ideas. I do not wish to commit to a strong timetable until we've had a chance to do that. Better to do this right than do it fast. Sir."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course. Just keep the purpose of the device between yourself and Agent 02, and make sure it is not compromised. That is of great importance. This machine may well be the lynchpin in my plans. So do indeed take great care." There is a long pause.

"And keep up the good work. I may have more work for you in the near future."

With that, the line goes dead. The Medium stands, and takes the phone back... then takes out the sim card and crushes it, then the phone with his hand. Probably a burn cell. Such lengths of secrecy were nothing new. He disposes of it in Josiah's waste bin before bowing silently, and leaving.

After all, Josiah had work to do.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Between Vincent and Viatrix

Vincent smiled. The woman's greed was something that he could capitalize on. "I suppose that the reward depends on your imagination, Miss Klossner. I happen to have a great amount of resources at my disposal. Perhaps we could negotiate something?" He was practically handing her a blank check; hopefully she would take it.
    Star Wars iTP characters

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside School]

Vi makes a catlike face.

No she doesn't, that would be ridiculous. But she is fairly pleased with this response. "Sounds like a deal. I'll check my sources around town, and, if necessary, those more out of town, if you catch my drift. I should hope it won't sour any future transactions if I'm not able to find it, I mean, I'm not perfect." She twirls Fuchs around a bit. Mostly because she knew he'd make a snide comment, and he always hates when she spins him around. It's pretty dizzying.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Vincent's smile widens into a full-blown grin. The sight of his face unfolding into a grin that it is altogether unused to is quite a horrifying sight for any random passerby.

"Not at all, Miss Klossner. Rather, I hope that this marks the beginning of many future transactions. When you have news, you can reach me at this number. I wish you happy hunting, Miss Klossner." With that, he hung up the phone, feeling a good deal better about his chances.
    Star Wars iTP characters

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [After Hollow - way to Houheiden]

Sayaka thinks and agrees with Mihail. Yes, to go to the shrine is a good idea.
    "It's Houheiden Shrine. Actually it's my home. I was going there before the attack. Maybe father can help."

She looked at Ken when he explained, now though she could sit up with her own power. Standing now...that was too difficult she thought.

"Did something...mentally? Yes... it did say something about memories, but I think I'm ok." She frowned, feeling a little nervous. Something was still wrong.

"Maybe we will figure it out." She started to say. Then she noticed mr. Hasunaga.

What is he doing here? She wondered. Mr. Hasunaga was a teacher. She knew that. What subject? She couldn't remember. Was he her homeroom teacher? She frowned. She couldn't remember. Well, Ken was in class 1-2, so was Kina... They were classmates. And Sayaka was-... Sayaka was-... ??

Strange.

Before Sayaka could think about it more though, Kina began to scream. Sayaka covered her ears instinctively as her headache got stronger again. Ken of course went to help, and Sayaka started to stand, using a tree to help stand up. Her body was shaking a little to make it more difficult.

Sayaka took a deep breath to help make calm. Something was strange, but Sayaka was worried about Kina too. Kina had become injured while trying to help Sayaka of course.

"We should hurry to Houheiden. My father can help." She suggested urgently. Unless Mr. Hasunaga or the other man could help Kina. The woman was angry for some reason Sayaka did not hear and seemed to be leaving.

"W-wait, what's your name?" Sayaka called out to the woman. She wanted to know who had helped save her.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Mihail too is alerted by Kina's scream. It's deeply unsettling - it makes him think of the odd thoughts that had passed through his head when he'd stumbled towards the Hollow. He limps next to Ken. "Do you want help?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

"The two of you, help Yoshimoto." In the rush that Kina's scream precipitated, Sayaka seemed to be nearly forgotten. Hasunaga walked up to the girl, taking her arm and gently helping her up, pulling her arm over his shoulder.

With his free hand, he quickly typed a text on his cell phone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Need to tend to an emergency. School requires me. You know what to do. Students are reading chapter 27.

On the other side... A stuffed one-eyed cat picked it up.

And several minutes later, another Hasunaga was headed towards the school.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

[Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (Outside the school, but not especially close. Within eyeshot of a woman (Viatrix) on her phone)

Izanagi looks through his professional camera towards the School, his baseball cap turned backwards. A jacket covered him with some fingerless gloves on his hands, jeans on his legs and a messenger style bag slung diagonally across his chest affixed tightly to his back with a cross strap. He was moving back and forth with his steps trying to frame up a shot of the building with a nice foreground for a preparation shot in anticipation of the class pictures he has on his docket. He hated shooting in the rain, but he had his equipment covered and the scouting needed to be done.

Izanagi scouted his settings often with his portrait work, and while most of the shots for the school were going to be bland indoors portraits, he did have some planned "club" group shots, the teachers group shot, and some more expensive individual portraits for the more wealthy students in his agreement, so that led him to find some nice areas to shoot them in.

Izanagi snapped a shot or two turning his camera vertical and horizontal a few times before taking it away from his face and looking at the scene in front of him, and sighing thinking back on how he wouldnt have been caught dead doing school photos back in Tokyo, but here in Phoenix Town he had to keep the money rolling in, and portraits were always easy cash for a couple days of work, and while he didnt really need the money, he loved to work and take photographs, so loafing and waiting for work to come to him wasnt gonna work for Izanagi.

Izanagi looked around a bit, seeing a woman (Viatrix) on a phone and some nice trees against an old wall past her, then away from her down the road a nice shot of the clouds against the buildings, across from the school a wet dog ran sniffing at the ground toward something. Following running behind it was a middle aged man with a broken leash trying to catch the dog.

As Izanagi scanned around, in the direction of the young woman, but past her he saw the reason he was spending time in this town.

Just beyond her but out of her eyesight an elderly man fumbled his way down the street. But this was no ordinary old man, it was something different, he had a chain sticking out of his chest and as the dog ran by him, the dog paid no notice, and as the middle aged man came by he practically ran right "through" the soul without paying heed.

This was why he was here, these "invisible people".

He brought his camera up to his face quickly, and began to move towards the old man past the young woman on the phone. To her it would seem like he was taking a photo of her, but he was focusing on the old man spirit. His camera up to his face he moved forward unaware that he was getting closer and closer to the young woman on the phone. He wasnt trying to get the old man's attention either, so he crept slowly.

In his viewfinder he started to frame up the old man looking down at the chain in his chest. He stopped, and had no idea he was only a few feet from the young woman looking almost at her, but in actuality PAST her. Izanagi had never gotten one of these shots to turn out, but nevertheless he was going to try every time he could, in hopes one would eventually come out.

He hadnt clicked the shutter button yet, but was just about to.