New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Michiko

An irate glance is tossed at the idiotic looking American tourist standing beside her, able to hear the aggravating music blaring from his headphones even though he was a good three feet away. It didn't help that he was blatantly leering right back at the well-endowed girl standing in line to get on the airplane. A black duffel bag is loosely slung over her shoulder, containing most of the bare necessities that she'd need until she got settled in with her uncle and was able to purchase new belongings to replace the old. Everything else was being left behind at home, in case she was able to return sooner then expected.

=============================================

The dining room light seems too bright in the face of the revelation that her father had just laid out to her.

"...What?"

"You're going to go and stay with your Uncle in France for awhile. I've already made the preparations for the..."

"But why Father?! Don't I get any say in this?"

"No, you don't. I will not budge on matters concerning my daughter's safety!"

=============================================

"Is this all of your baggage?"

"...Yes." she says sullenly and absent-mindedly, not truly paying attention to the proceedings. No, her thoughts wandered to her unfinished business. Without her around, control of the gang would fall to Yuudai, would he be able to run it on his own or would it dissolve from a lack of direction? Michiko trusted Yuudai with many important tasks, but his leadership potential had always seemed a bit...stunted. Still, she would miss the idiot in her own way, he had been capable of making her smile on occasion after all. Mostly her thoughts fell to the kids with spiritual abilities at the school and how they would handle themselves without her there to guide them.

She'd be lying to herself if she said she wasn't the tiniest bit worried about them, especially Kina and Sayaka. For whatever reasons Kina seemed to be the least talented of the group and Sayaka appeared...diminished somehow. Maybe Nakahiro would be up to the task of keeping them all safe...but she doubted it. However, maybe he would be able to keep some of them alive. That alone would be a small victory.

================================================

An angry hand dashes away the wetness from her cheeks. What right did he have to tear her away from her carefully constructed life?! Who cared if his rivals were pressing in a bit more aggressively then usual?! She was perfectly capable of protecting herself, he just couldn't admit it! Now there was a half-filled duffel-bag tossed onto her bed and she had to face a difficult decision...what stayed with her? What was left behind?

She'd already had one of her father's men take her bike (and helmet) to the Yoshimoto residence with a note for Kina. Nothing fanciful or imploring, rather just some advice she hoped would help.

Kina's Letter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kina

Never be afraid to run away but always be true to yourself. Take good care of my bike.

-M

Yuudai's older sister would find a sizable deposit to her bank accounts the next time she went to check, all of Michiko's savings for school to help her second-in-command's family stay afloat. She'd written him a letter as well though a bit wordier then her one to Kina.

Yuudai's Letter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yuudai

If you're reading this then I'm halfway to Europe by now. I've given you some money so you won't need to work a part-time job, someone's got to look after your younger sisters after all. I leave our group in your hands, to keep or disband, as well as the hide-out. I wish I could have said all this in person but...I was not even given that chance. Stop pretending to be cool and become cool by the time I come back, or I shall seriously consider releasing you from my service!

-Michiko

The picture that had been included had been an act of whimsy and rebellion, a childish stunt to try and anger her father in any way that she could. There had only been one last letter given, this time to a girl she...didn't understand why she felt compelled to. Still Sayaka could make of it what she would.

Sayaka's Letter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sayaka

I...don't even know why I'm writing this letter. I feel as if I know you, but at the same time...I don't. Does that make any sense to you? No memories come to mind of you as anything but a freshman, but every time your face comes to mind my back begins to ache and my stomach tightens up. I probably won't see you again for quite some time...and for that I'm sorry. I wish I could get to know you better, to understand why I feel I know you. So until I can...stay alive for me.

-Michiko

================================================== =

All of the security checkpoints had been passed without a hitch, because truly...what did she have to hide? Michiko was on her way to starting a new life in a new country, anything she brought with her now would just weigh her down. Part of her knew that she should be excited, giddy even, at this chance to start over...but regret weighs her down. The faces of the people she had barely known flash before her eyes, making her hesitate with each step she takes towards a brand new start.

It's the faces of the ones she does know that finally make her halt. For the first time, Michiko's heart aches with longing at the thought of what could have been. All the work she had put into her life in Phoenix Town had all come to naught...so what of all the sacrifices she had made? Friends? She didn't have any, none that truly knew her anyway. Yuudai was the closest and he still didn't know much about her. Family? Distanced from herself, from both sides for both side's benefit. The realization of how empty her life in Phoenix Town had been forces the delinquent princess to waver on the final thresh-hold, has her biting her lip in consternation before she rallies her willpower.

This isn't the last time I've seen this town! I'll come back home someday to fix all of this, to live the life I should have had! Michiko thinks to herself fiercely as she boards the plan, gazing out the window longingly at the town that had been her home for so long. "I swear it...I'll come back!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I was in the crossfire too, y'know." Reiji said, practically sweatdropping.

He had a hard time pretending he couldn't see the look of sheer awe-striking indignation in Hinata's face.

"It might not be the best idea to split up like that, Kaito. I promise you, it will only be for a few days - we'll catch the ones responsible for this."
    Akira leans over and whispers to Reiji.

"It's not that she's not worried about you. But...well, mother instincts and all that."

The curses and threats Hinata keeps uttering make a couple of veteran officers blanch. Kaito watches and listens in morbid fascination for several moments.

"Um...I guess that makes sense, Mr. Reiji. I didn't mean to be rude."

He glances at his mother again.

Then he has to fight the urge to turn and face the direction of the Hollow's cry. As it is, Reiji's incredible senses might detect a small spike of adrenaline, as well as a slight rise in his spiritual power, as if tensing for an attack. When the cry does not come closer, he relaxes a bit.

"Dad, can I at least call a couple of friends and let them know I'm okay, without having to make them find out from the news first?"

"I don't see any problem with that."

Kaito nods and walks a short distance away, though still in easy eyeshot of his parents, and with a couple of police not-so-discretely taking up watch positions nearby.

He dials Valeria first.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-04-20 at 10:35 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #423
    Orc in the Playground

"I was being sarcastic, Akira-kun." He said with a soft chuckle.

"No offense taken, Kaito. I know it's tough to be mindful of everything when you've just had people shooting at you. I'm just glad you don't sound like you have a scratch on you, you know." Reiji noted. The slight inflection may pass unnoticed by Akira, or perhaps Hinata, but Reiji knows very well that Kaito won't follow suit.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

[By Silva's apartment]
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "I... I'm not sure what you're referring too. I spoke to Izumi a few hours ago, and we're going to have coffee on Saturday." A clench, an ache began to throb in his chest.

"Did... Did something happen to her?"
    "Oh? Coffee on Saturday. She didn't tell me about that", Yui chuckles. "Oh, no need to worry, she's fine. I just saw her down the street and decided to say hello. Why do you look so anxious? It's not like just talking to me would cause her to drop dead, you know."

"Anyways, have you seen Silva? Is she home? I'd like to have a..."

Yu's voice trails off as a distant deathcry echoes from the distance. She instinctively shoots a glare at the direction, and for a moment it's like temperature dropped by several degrees as her priorly friendly face distorts in a sudden flash of malice and... hunger?

Then the cry dies, and Yui resumes her cordial self, at least outwardly. "Ah, false alarm", she chimes. "So. Silva. Is she home? Did you knock on the door already?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fusichou High]

Mayumi sat at her desk, grading the results of the recent quiz. It looked the students hadn't retained much over the summer. She wasn't surprised, but it meant that some of the students were off to a rather poor start.

She laughed a bit to herself when she got to Watanabe Kaito's paper. Of course he had gotten perfect marks, though she expected little else from him. She was about to write down his score when a shiver ran across her spine. No, it couldn't be. That feeling was one that she should never feel, because it indicated a technique that hadn't seen in the Mortal realm for decades. It meant that something hideously powerful had just entered this world, and it was above anything else Mayumi had ever seen before.

In a flash of movement the window to Mayumi's office was thrown open and she was gone, blurring throughout the town as she used Hirenkyaku to its full extent. Her reiatsu senses extended through the town as she sought out the origin of this energy. Before long she had found it, and her trajectory changed to bring her to the source. She held the cross at her neck and surged her reiryoku into it, bringing her immense bow to its full capacity, its six feet of pure energy towering over her.

As she stood on a rooftop overlooking the intruders, she got a good look at them. They looked like Elder, but more humanoid then she. In fact, they looked almost like ordinary people except for their masks, which marked them as something else. Something so terribly beyond human. Monsters.

But whether they would live up to that had yet to be seen. She loosed a single arrow that would land between them, bringing their attention to her.

"You are intruders in this realm, Hollows. State your business here." She said simply. Her bow stood before her, another arrow already notched. She was far enough away from the pair that she could get away if they attacked, yet close enough that they could hear her. She had to be careful with Hollows like these.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Fan-freaking-tastic.

Just what they didn't need, grabbing attention this soon. Serazel looked positively defensive as the Quincy readied her bow.

The good news was, she had the sense to ask first. He couldn't tell her all about it in one blurb, but he could at least reassure her.

"We're not here to hurt anyone. Would you please put that thing down?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I was being sarcastic, Akira-kun." He said with a soft chuckle.

"No offense taken, Kaito. I know it's tough to be mindful of everything when you've just had people shooting at you. I'm just glad you don't sound like you have a scratch on you, you know." Reiji noted. The slight inflection may pass unnoticed by Akira, or perhaps Hinata, but Reiji knows very well that Kaito won't follow suit.
    Akira chuckles along with Reiji.

Kaito, still listening to the dial tone on his phone, stiffens, his heart quickening as he notices what Reiji just said. He manages not to whip around and look at the man.

"Um. Thanks for understanding, Mr. Reiji. And, uh, yeah, I'm doing fine. Guess it's a miracle or something."

'CrapcrapcrapcrapcrapCRAP. He knows...something. We'll have to talk later. Val, please pick up soon.'

8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]

Viatrix sighs. "Listen, there's only so much I can explain, and there's a lot of things that will fly right over your head. There's not a lot of things that are just black and white. There are monsters in the world you might not even see. I'm a practical person, I don't see any use in spoonfeeding it to you."

She pauses. "...However, you might want to stick close, there may be something coming up soon." She stands, and makes for the front of the shop, Fuchs following after and nodding to Izanagi to follow.

[Outskirts of Fushichou - Forest clearing]

Valeria pants, black and violet energy gathering at her hand, as she braces it with her other arm. She looks nervously to Gabi.

Cero... probably won't get much use out of these, b-

Then her phone rings.

Startled, she prematurely releases the blast, aiming upward at the last second and just grazing the top of a few trees, carving a small semi-circular path before shooting into the sky.

"...Oops." She winces dismissing her mask, and looking back to Gabi. "...Just going to take a break to answer this, okay?"

Val waits for an answer before picking up, and hums curiously when she sees Kaito on her caller ID.

"...H-hello? Kaito?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Oh thank goodness you picked up. I need to talk to someone other than an adult right now. Are you...are you okay? Nothing wrong or anything, is there?"

Kaito nervously scratches the back of his neck.

"Cause, well, um..."

His next words came out in a rush.

"My family and I kinda just got shot at. I can't talk about everything, but we're all okay, no one's hurt. We'll be fine, too. I just kinda wanted to let you guys know why you might not see me for a couple of days, while this is getting wrapped up. I'll probably drop Nakahiro a line, too."

It's clear his nerves are rather frayed from the way he talks, but he also sounds very relieved.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi and Valeria

Gabi seens somewhat absent-minded.

"Sure, sure, take a pause... But you will have to learn to dissipate that energy. And never, never distract yourself from a cero."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #431
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [By Silva's apartment]

"Oh? Coffee on Saturday. She didn't tell me about that", Yui chuckles. "Oh, no need to worry, she's fine. I just saw her down the street and decided to say hello. Why do you look so anxious? It's not like just talking to me would cause her to drop dead, you know."

"Anyways, have you seen Silva? Is she home? I'd like to have a..."

Yu's voice trails off as a distant deathcry echoes from the distance. She instinctively shoots a glare at the direction, and for a moment it's like temperature dropped by several degrees as her priorly friendly face distorts in a sudden flash of malice and... hunger?

Then the cry dies, and Yui resumes her cordial self, at least outwardly. "Ah, false alarm", she chimes. "So. Silva. Is she home? Did you knock on the door already?"
    Sora sighs, relieved. A tinge of red touches his cheeks as Yui questions his motives, and he mutters a reply.

"I was just a bit smrgflrel." The last word is incredibly silent, but Yui might have heard "worried". He shakes his head at the question about Silva, but he turns quickly at the howl, the hunger in Yui's eyes reflected tenfold on his face. But he couldn't go off chasing Hollows to eat, that wouldn't be normal.

"Like I said, haven't seen her, I was just about to go talk to her. Which reminds me, how do you know Hasunaga-sensei?"

"And why did you have pictures of me in a bunny outfit?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Furousha Shop]

Viatrix sighs. "Listen, there's only so much I can explain, and there's a lot of things that will fly right over your head. There's not a lot of things that are just black and white. There are monsters in the world you might not even see. I'm a practical person, I don't see any use in spoonfeeding it to you."

She pauses. "...However, you might want to stick close, there may be something coming up soon." She stands, and makes for the front of the shop, Fuchs following after and nodding to Izanagi to follow.

[Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (in the Furousha Shop waiting area with Viatrix, then following her and Fuchs)

Izanagi knew she was right, it was really no different than any other freelance gig. Go out, shoot what is different and catches your eye, and bring it in to see if is worth something. He did have questions, and probably would only have more as he worked with her, but he knew he was going to have to answer at least SOME of them himself.

He nodded with er words until she came to the word "monsters", and his eyes widened.

"m...m..monsters??" he said softly barely audible as she continued on and moved out with Fuchs.

Izanagi was just starting to get not freaked out about seeing "ghosts" of people. Now there were monsters?

Izanagi really had no idea where he was going, but he now was starting to understand that he really never knew where he was going in his life. Jumping from job to job, always on the move. HE never had any direction.

This pretty girl was offering him a direction. He had no idea where it was going, but it was in a direction nonetheless.

Izanagi's troubled look vanished form his face and he scooped up the camera, and slung it over his head by its neckstrap and headed out following Viatrix and Fuchs. He pulled out his old Yomiuri ball cap and put it on snug over his head, adjusting his messenger bag as he walked behind them into his future.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside Furousha Shop]
    Fan-freaking-tastic.

Just what they didn't need, grabbing attention this soon. Serazel looked positively defensive as the Quincy readied her bow.

The good news was, she had the sense to ask first. He couldn't tell her all about it in one blurb, but he could at least reassure her.

"We're not here to hurt anyone. Would you please put that thing down?"
    Mayumi paused. The last Hollow who had claimed to not intend to hurt anyone had actually meant it, and was also more than capable of destroying her. "I'm willing to listen. But only because you have yet to harm anyone, and I don't believe in senseless killing. If you aren't here to harm anyone, why are you here?" Mayumi's aim never wavered, her current arrow trained right on Serazel's forehead.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

"Suffice it to say we're in no position to make enemies." Serazel offered with a slight hint of exhasperation. "That being the case, you're definitely last in our list of priorities right now. So could you PLEASE put that down?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

[Outskirts of Fushichou Town]
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Gabi and Valeria

Gabi seens somewhat absent-minded.

"Sure, sure, take a pause... But you will have to learn to dissipate that energy. And never, never distract yourself from a cero."
    Valeria scratches the back of her head nervously, and mouths 'I'm sorry'.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "Oh thank goodness you picked up. I need to talk to someone other than an adult right now. Are you...are you okay? Nothing wrong or anything, is there?"

Kaito nervously scratches the back of his neck.

"Cause, well, um..."

His next words came out in a rush.

"My family and I kinda just got shot at. I can't talk about everything, but we're all okay, no one's hurt. We'll be fine, too. I just kinda wanted to let you guys know why you might not see me for a couple of days, while this is getting wrapped up. I'll probably drop Nakahiro a line, too."

It's clear his nerves are rather frayed from the way he talks, but he also sounds very relieved.
    ...Then promptly about falls over.

<You what!?>

She sounds just a bit worried. However Kaito might not be able to comprehend the meaning of her words, as the shock was enough to make her revert to romanian. She quickly remembers herself and switches to japanese again. "You're sure you're okay!? Why would you be shot at!? Is your house okay? Oh, no..." A million things cycle through her head in the shock of Kaito's announcement.

[Outside Furousha]

"I'll have to echo that request, I'm not a fan of fights inside or near the premises of my store, Mayumi-san." Viatrix nonchalantly walks out with Fuchs.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-04-22 at 11:59 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #436
    Orc in the Playground

[Serazel and Mei]

There's an ever-so-slight relaxation of Serazel's posture at Viatrix's interjection. Though the reason for it isn't completely clear...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Pixie in the Playground

Mayumi's gaze wanders ever so slightly to Viatrix as she exits the store. Her arrow, however, never moves from its position, trained on Serazel's forehead. A smile pulled at the corner of her mouth when Viatrix spoke. It was quite like her to be more concerned for her shop than for the safety of the people that Hollows would eat.

"I admit that a fight here wouldn't serve any of our purposes. And it seems as though one of you," she says, indicating Mei, "Isn't fit for battle right now. Thankfully, I am more willing to believe that you actually mean no harm than usual. I still don't believe that you will never mean harm, though."

A flash of movement, and Mayumi reappears on the ground by Viatrix, a safe enough distance from Serazel and Mei. "What are your names?" She asks the two intruders. "I'd like to know who newcomers to this town are, especially newcomers with your manner of power." Her bow is at her side, but there is a tension to her stance that indicates that it'll come right back up at the slightest provocation.
    Star Wars iTP characters

18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground

"...I am suddenly gladdened you are not the kind to believe in preemptive justice. I am Serazel. And this is my lady, Mei-sama."

He seemed a little on edge, even defensive, still. But not by much.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

[Outside Furousha]

"I'll have to echo that request, I'm not a fan of fights inside or near the premises of my store, Mayumi-san." Viatrix nonchalantly walks out with Fuchs.
    [Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (outside Furousha Shop coming out a few hesitant moments after Viatrix and Fuchs

Izanagi pokes his head out of the door following Viatrix and Fuchs, he observes the other people outside, and listens to them speak tryign to stay out of the way. He feels a bit uncomfortable as he has no idea who these peopel are or what they are talking about.

Izanagi starts to fidget a bit as he stands behind Viatrix and Fuchs. Out of habitm he pulls the old camera up to his eye and looks through it, framing the scene in front of him. It calmed him to look through the camera and disassociate himself...now they werent any different than any other strangers, no matter how STRANGE their conversation.

It had been a while since he had shot with one of these old cameras but in the end it wasnt so different. It was old indeed, but it was bit larger than his normal camera, and though it was old it had a preview LCD screen on the back, and when he looked through it, it seemed to be able to zoom in even though the lens didnt seem to be a zoom lens. Also, it was way lighter than he remembered old cameras and whiel old on the outside looking through the viewfinder it seemed almost MORE advanced than his camera.

He took a few shots as quietly as he could and listened and looked on, as the young girl Viatrix spoke to the strangers.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Outskirts of Fushichou Town]

Valeria scratches the back of her head nervously, and mouths 'I'm sorry'.

...Then promptly about falls over.

<You what!?>

She sounds just a bit worried. However Kaito might not be able to comprehend the meaning of her words, as the shock was enough to make her revert to romanian. She quickly remembers herself and switches to japanese again. "You're sure you're okay!? Why would you be shot at!? Is your house okay? Oh, no..." A million things cycle through her head in the shock of Kaito's announcement.
    Kaito keeps from sighing in resignation.

"I'd know if I had bullet holes in me, Valeria. I'm fine. As are my parents. As are my houseguests.

We don't know why for sure yet. But my parents work in law enforcement. Shouldn't be a large leap of imagination to figure out why they'd get shot at.

The house is...intact. It'll take some fixing, but that will get done, I'm sure.

We're staying with a family friend. I...I just wanted to talk to someone who wasn't going to be focused on filling out a police report, or freaking out because "my baby is in danger" or something.
    "

He glanced towards his parents and their guest for a moment before continuing.

"Anyways. Stay safe, Valeria. it seems like it might be an unpleasant night out tonight."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Pixie in the Playground

Mayumi looks to each in turn. So like Elder, but far more human than she; however, looking at their eyes told Mayumi that these creatures were simultaneously far more and far less than humans.

"Very well. Understand a few things right now. I do not, and probably never will trust either of you. Therefore, I will always have my eye on you two, and will be ready should you ever attempt to harm anyone in this city. What I am doing here, by not attacking and killing both of you, would be considered an act of utmost stupidity by any of my colleagues, but I'm willing to give you this chance. Don't let me down."

Suddenly her head whipped around, the full force of her teacher stare drilling into Izanagi Aso's skull. "You're not planning to distribute those photos, are you?" She asked him, her voice cold and even, yet still somehow threatening. It was the kind of voice that could not be argued with by anyone under the age of thirty. Therefore, it was mostly useless against the spiritual.
    Star Wars iTP characters

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina's hands burned. They always burned. No matter how many times she tried, no matter how many times, they always burned. She did a good job of hiding them, but it was getting bad. But she would not give up.

Once more, she drew her hands up, the bow forming in an instant. Once more, she pulled back, the tiny bow forming the energy into an arrow in her hand. As every time before, her hand strained against the bow, the energy both forcing itself in and forcing itself out. Unable to pull any longer, Kina released the half-formed arrow, the bow exploding in her hands and throwing her back. With an unceremonious thud, Kina rolled on her back into a kneeling position. At least you learned how to do that... Standing once again, Kina found an aching in her knees. ...though I guess not well.

Slowly pushing herself to a standing position, Kina holds up her hand again. The sound of a motorized vehicle distracts her, though. Rushing to the door, Kina arrives just as a a car drives away. Her aunt held the handlebars of a bike and a note, a surprised look on her face. Kina was surprised too, and in reading the note, something seemed apparent to her. "See you, Michiko. I hope we see each other again someday."

It was a slow walk back to the courtyard. Always be true to yourself. Kina drew the bow back once more. Her first arrow always seemed to work. A single, bright arrow. Quincy.

Kina fired into the sky, the shaft of light flying high until it faded to nothing.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka had been distracted all day. The letter in her shoebox she had found was...difficult.

She had stared at the picture in class, not hearing the teacher or to hear even other students remarks. It was an introspective mood.

Because of course the news had gone quickly. Michiko had left the school.
    And she had given a picture of herself to Sayaka, with the letter.

Why?

Sayaka looked at Michiko's picture. Yes, Sayaka had the feeling too. She had wanted to talk to Michiko about it. But now there was no chance.
    When she thought of her senior... Well, she was beautiful of course, with a defiant air. But something else too.
    Michiko senior was someone Sayaka had respect for. Was that the reason?

But Michiko's words to her junior were familiar like this too. Sayaka remembered when they were in the gym. Michiko had protected her that time, when Sayaka had tried to protect everyone. They were similar in some ways. Maybe that was it too.

Why did she feel like she knew her more than as a senior?

She would remember her words carefully. Even if it was dangerous now. Sayaka would remember Michiko.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

24. - Top - End - #444
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Mayumi looks to each in turn. So like Elder, but far more human than she; however, looking at their eyes told Mayumi that these creatures were simultaneously far more and far less than humans.

"Very well. Understand a few things right now. I do not, and probably never will trust either of you. Therefore, I will always have my eye on you two, and will be ready should you ever attempt to harm anyone in this city. What I am doing here, by not attacking and killing both of you, would be considered an act of utmost stupidity by any of my colleagues, but I'm willing to give you this chance. Don't let me down."

Suddenly her head whipped around, the full force of her teacher stare drilling into Izanagi Aso's skull. "You're not planning to distribute those photos, are you?" She asked him, her voice cold and even, yet still somehow threatening. It was the kind of voice that could not be argued with by anyone under the age of thirty. Therefore, it was mostly useless against the spiritual.
    "We probably wouldn't trust us in your position either. But we don't have any reason to hurt you or anyone else in this town, not unless we're attacked.

Either way, we appreciate it."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

[Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (outside Furousha Shop snapping a few photos with his new camera from behind Viatrix and Fuchs

Izanagi was looking through the camera lens about to take a picture of Mayumi, when she turned and stared him down. He felt her cold eyes through the camera lens, and audibly gulped.

"GULP.."

Izanagi couldn't bring himself to come look up from looking through the camera. He just shook his head, along with the old camera from right to left. Though as he did so, he couldn't help but think "...that if Viatrix wanted his shots of her, and then SHE published them....well that is not my concern"

He slowly lowered the camera from his face and slunk to the side a bit more into a little shadow. All this talk of fighting, defending, etc had Izanagi uneasy. Viatrix and Fuchs seemed cool about it all, but obviously there was something going on. Were there MORE intimidating people than the cute but terrifying Viatrix?

He waited a few moments in the shadow trying not to catch eye contact with Mayumi, before he raised the camera again and started taking shots again. First, of the ground and the sky, then slowly the people in the group again.

It was a new "toy" for Izanagi, regardless of its special abilities. He had to learn hoe to use it, so he could get Viatrix what she wanted and get him a few more answers.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Pixie in the Playground

Mayumi sighed, and looked back at the two Arrancar. "I know that you appreciate it. I just hope that I don't grow to regret it. And on the off chance I do, both of you will regret it tenfold." Her tone was calm and even, but the threat in her words was unmistakable as they cut through the air.

She appeared as though she was preparing to leave when suddenly her icy gaze whipped back to Izanagi, just as his camera turned back to the group. "Don't even think about it. I am not someone that you want to trifle with." Once again, her tone allowed no argument. "Now, if you will all excuse me, I have other business to conduct. My eyes will be on you two, Serazel-san, Mei-san." With that, she began to walk away. She had said her peace, and made her point. What the Arrancar did from here was their own choice, and the consequences would come swiftly if need be. Mayumi hoped that there would be no need.
    Star Wars iTP characters

27. - Top - End - #447
    Orc in the Playground

"We heard you the first time." Serazel noted in a slight tone of annoyance. The gall of this woman, dictating terms to his Espada. But it wasn't anything he particularly cared to fight off.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sereg Arturo

A powerful rip in the dimensional fabric spits forth the Septima Espada, a second sword slung on his side by the first. As the garganta closes behind him, he begins looking around, sending pulses of his reiatsu and pesquiza in order to find anything particularly interesting in the world of mortals.

Yoko Rose

Grobe wings left, high above the city he lazily circles overhead. The powerful wings beating slowly before he starts a slow descent onto the top of a parking complex near the Venti Buon. As the massive creature touches down Yoko slides off with practiced ease. She pulls on her sandals as Grobe rises back into the air with a few furious beats of his wings and a ground shaking hop or two.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito's Home

Kaito was about to say something else, when he suddenly felt a wave of energy roll over him. He stiffened, feeling simultaneously frightened and sickened. It was like something horrible, unnatural, evil had stepped into the world. He barely kept his composure enough to keep from alerting his parents and most of the others; Reiji would likely have no trouble feeling his distress. Then again, the man could likely feel the same source of it. When Kaito spoke next, his words were barely above a whisper.

"I don't know if you felt that just now, Val. But I did. And it scares me. If you're not home and inside, get there. Stay there. Call or text the others, and tell them the same thing. I've got a horribly bad feeling about this. I'll try to stay in touch."

With that, he ended the call and walked over to the adults.

"Right, well. I can make other calls once we've gotten some overnight stuff and left, right? We can still get some clothes and stuff, right dad?"

"Yes son. Just be...well. There he goes."

Indeed, Kaito had all but run to his room, quickly finding a couple of duffel bags and stuffing several days worth of clothing into them. One of the duffel bags also got his pre-packed toiletries kit. A few books were tossed into the other, as were a pair of shoes (since he was currently wearing house sandals). His school backpack was slung on his shoulders before he grabbed a duffel in each hand and walked back outside.

"I'm ready when you are."

His mother had already gone in to pack for both Akira and Hinata. She'd had a sense of urgency to her steps, so it likely wouldn't be much longer.
    ------------------------

SWORD Underground Facility

Alarms blared across the primary monitoring center as Josiah rushed in from the middle of a planning session with some of his fellow engineers.

"What's the situation?"

"We have a high-powered spiritual signature that just showed up! Analysis shows it's some sort of Hollow-based creature; we think it might be an Arrancar, but we're not positive. Whatever it is, it just sent out several pulses of spiritual energy. Timing and patterns suggest it wasn't an attack; more like some sort of extra sense, like a sonar or something. Can't say for sure."

"Tell the armory to get the Dynamo powered up and ready to go. I want it loaded with the Brant SLR, the M-137, and the M-3, set to acid. And someone get Agent 01 alerted ASAP!"

30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground

[At the Watanabes'...]

Reiji could sense it just fine. He wasn't unused to such phenomena - Hollows, Shinigami and otherwise happened by his radar just as often as anything else.

They were rarely of this magnitude, however, or in such poor timing.

And fledgling though his powers were, Kaito had a much harder time of hiding he sensed it too. Perhaps it was ultimately fortunate that they'd just been assaulted - at least now his fear would come across as something natural.

"I've called my assistant. He should be showing up in about 20 minutes or so."

[SWORD Headquarters]

Today was an unusual outing for Subject 1864. Normally confined to his own subterranean quarters, he'd been allowed to take a stroll around the base.

It was his birthday, after all.

Well, not quite. Actually, no one knew when his birthday actually was. But when one of the nurses caring for him eventually got curious about it, a mock birthdate was set, just to give him a slight sense of humanity.

Frankly, it confused him. Harsh though it was, having his daily activities planned for him at least gave him a sense of instruction and direction. When it was up to him, he simply didn't know what to do.

At least until the alarm rang. Then he knew he was supposed to report to the nearest high-ranking individual for orders.

Hey look, that man seems to be giving out orders. Let's go to him.

So it is that a boy in a blue and black jumpsuit was suddenly standing around staring at the man choosing a weaponry loadout.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show