New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Sereg Arturo

A powerful rip in the dimensional fabric spits forth the Septima Espada, a second sword slung on his side by the first. As the garganta closes behind him, he begins looking around, sending pulses of his reiatsu and pesquiza in order to find anything particularly interesting in the world of mortals.
    [Phoenix City, a ways from Furousha Shop]

Mayumi had been walking for a little while, contemplating the existence of new powers in the city when suddenly a force struck her. It was like the appearance of the two Arrancar, that same hole in normalcy that she felt now, but it was worse. So, so much worse. Whatever had come through was actively searching for something, and it felt like a predator. It gave off waves of threat, as if to say that this was now its territory, and all others should stay away. It was an Arrancar. Nothing else could be so primal and malevolent at the same time.

Looking around to ensure that no one had just seen her double over in horror, Mayumi vanished, off to find the source of the energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [SWORD Headquarters]

Today was an unusual outing for Subject 1864. Normally confined to his own subterranean quarters, he'd been allowed to take a stroll around the base.

It was his birthday, after all.

Well, not quite. Actually, no one knew when his birthday actually was. But when one of the nurses caring for him eventually got curious about it, a mock birthdate was set, just to give him a slight sense of humanity.

Frankly, it confused him. Harsh though it was, having his daily activities planned for him at least gave him a sense of instruction and direction. When it was up to him, he simply didn't know what to do.

At least until the alarm rang. Then he knew he was supposed to report to the nearest high-ranking individual for orders.

Hey look, that man seems to be giving out orders. Let's go to him.

So it is that a boy in a blue and black jumpsuit was suddenly standing around staring at the man choosing a weaponry loadout.
    A hand suddenly appeared on Subject 1864's shoulder, almost gently. Vincent's face, however, was anything but kindly. "My my, who let you out?" Vincent inquired of the subject, his voice calming. He had to tread very lightly with this one, given its powers and lack of control. "You just stay with me, okay?" Vincent said. Though it seemed to be a question, what he just said was undeniably a command.

The subject under control, Vincent's gaze moved to Josiah. "Yes, it's an Arrancar." Vincent said simply, keeping his hand firmly clamped down on the subject. "Are you going to go out and deal with it yourself? It might actually be a good way to field-test 1864 here if we all go. Besides, I wouldn't want to face that thing alone." Vincent said, adjusting his glasses. "What do you say to that, Eighteen? Do you want to see outside?" Vincent asked the subject, his tone eager, to see if the subject became more interested. It was interesting to test its responses to emotional stimuli.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sereg Arturo

A powerful rip in the dimensional fabric spits forth the Septima Espada, a second sword slung on his side by the first. As the garganta closes behind him, he begins looking around, sending pulses of his reiatsu and pesquisa in order to find anything particularly interesting in the world of mortals.
    The Septima's presence in the Mortal World sends ripples across the city, as many people react accordingly and send begin preparing to deal with the potential threat, each in their own way. Some arm themselves. Some plan. Some simply hide. But the first person to arrive on the scene does none of these things. He simply goes straight to the source of the disturbance as soon as he feels it.

Thirteenth division unseated Shinigami Allan Crossdale, on a routine patrol, feels Sereg's unsubtle entry into the world of the living. His first response is to send for backup. Once the message is on the way, he debates for a few seconds before heading for the source. It was his job, he had to do something.

A minute or two after Sereg's arrival, Allan walks into sight, keeping a significant distance between himself and the Septima. After a few seconds, he calls out hesitantly.

"So do you have some kind of business here, or...what?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Orc in the Playground

[SWORD's HQ]

"Eighteen" seemed impassive at the man's mix of command and "kindness". He'd long learned to identify Vincent's orders for what they were.

Tilting his head to the side, he couldn't help but question. "Query: what is 'Arrancar'?"

At Vincent's question, there was a subdued glint of interest in his eye, almost like a sparkle, but his face didn't shift much expression-wise.

"Yes. I want to see outside."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[SWORD Headquarters]

Josiah barely glanced over to acknowledge the new arrivals.

"I want everyone on high alert!"

He paused, apparently listening to someone speaking on the other end of his headset.

"You sure 01 can't be reached? Then be ready to brief him ASAP when you can reach him. And tell any other agents who are rated to deal with Arrancar to start prepping! I'm going to take these agents and hit the field immediately!"

Only then did he take off his headset and turn to face the others. He stopped only long enough to speak a few words.

"Subject 1864, Vincent, you're with me. We've got to contain this. Meet me at Elevator 5, Sub-Level 1. I'll be suiting up. Subject 1864, this will explain Arrancars in brief."

He handed the human experiment a small booklet that gave an outline of what was known of Arrancar in general, while also explaining that no two of them were the same, so no specific predictions could be made.

With that, he was dashing down the hall, entering an express elevator, and disappearing from sight.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #455
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    The Septima's presence in the Mortal World sends ripples across the city, as many people react accordingly and send begin preparing to deal with the potential threat, each in their own way. Some arm themselves. Some plan. Some simply hide. But the first person to arrive on the scene does none of these things. He simply goes straight to the source of the disturbance as soon as he feels it.

Thirteenth division unseated Shinigami Allan Crossdale, on a routine patrol, feels Sereg's unsubtle entry into the world of the living. His first response is to send for backup. Once the message is on the way, he debates for a few seconds before heading for the source. It was his job, he had to do something.

A minute or two after Sereg's arrival, Allan walks into sight, keeping a significant distance between himself and the Septima. After a few seconds, he calls out hesitantly.

"So do you have some kind of business here, or...what?"
    "Looking for a new watch. This one's a bit dinged up." Indeed he is holding the silver watch, and a dent can be seen in the cover. "What are you doing here, then?" He looks over to the Shinigami, still feeling around for something.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

"Assimilating."

With that said, Subject 1864 commenced examination of the booklet. He was an incredibly fast reader by human standards. Clearly, some dynamic reading training took place with him.

"Assimilation complete. Vincent-san. Recommended equipment? Preliminary analysis suggests bare-handed fighting techniques will place me at a disadvantage."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #457

"Looking for a new watch. This one's a bit dinged up." Indeed he is holding the silver watch, and a dent can be seen in the cover. "What are you doing here, then?" He looks over to the Shinigami, still feeling around for something.
    Huh. Looks like he's not violent. At least not yet.

Allan responds immediately, not moving from his position.

"I'm just doing my job."

8. - Top - End - #458

Huh. Looks like he's not violent. At least not yet.

Allan responds immediately, not moving from his position.

"I'm just doing my job."
    "Oh, sounds a bit suicidal to me. Want to tag along and help me find a nice new watch?" Sereg turns and starts moving for the inner city. He doesn't actually wait for the Shinigami to follow or not.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[SWORD Headquarters]

Fresh alarms blared as Vincent and 1864 made their way to the indicated elevator. A voice came over the intercom.

"Arrancar signal is moving to the center of the city! Repeat, Arrancar signal is moving to the center of the city! All personnel on high alert! All available agents, be on-site as soon as possible!"

The intercom crackled, and this time Josiah's voice exited it.

"That cinches it, boys. I'm heading out now. Follow as you can, we'll have a car prepped. Keep in contact with Home Base. Godspeed."

They might faintly hear the roar of powerful thrusters as Agent 06, Dynamic Steel, took flight into the skies.
    -------------------------------------
    [Near Sereg]

The Septima didn't get much of a chance to move into the city before a man in a suit of red and gold armor, with a large number of glowing blue circles of various size, flies in from the west and stops, hovering in front of him. He has several large weapons strapped to himself, though none are active, firing, or pointing at the Espada. Yet.

"State your business in this world."

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [SWORD Headquarters]

Fresh alarms blared as Vincent and 1864 made their way to the indicated elevator. A voice came over the intercom.

"Arrancar signal is moving to the center of the city! Repeat, Arrancar signal is moving to the center of the city! All personnel on high alert! All available agents, be on-site as soon as possible!"

The intercom crackled, and this time Josiah's voice exited it.

"That cinches it, boys. I'm heading out now. Follow as you can, we'll have a car prepped. Keep in contact with Home Base. Godspeed."

They might faintly hear the roar of powerful thrusters as Agent 06, Dynamic Steel, took flight into the skies.
    -------------------------------------
    [Near Sereg]

The Septima didn't get much of a chance to move into the city before a man in a suit of red and gold armor, with a large number of glowing blue circles of various size, flies in from the west and stops, hovering in front of him. He has several large weapons strapped to himself, though none are active, firing, or pointing at the Espada. Yet.

"State your business in this world."
    "I just said I'm looking for a watch, didn't I? The hollow life is rough on physical objects. Not to mention the sands of Hueco Mundo get inside and bad things happen. Do you know any good places to get one around here?" Sereg sonido's so that he's closer to a building. Collateral damage isn't a very good way to protect a city, after all.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Josiah frowns inside the helmet, but moves between Sereg and civilians. Who somehow haven't noticed his mostly-physical presence.

"Your very energies could be corrosive to normal humans. You have no way to pay for your purchase. Do you swear all you desire is a watch? If so, I can have several select watches procured, and we can meet outside the city. Away from civilians. So you can leave here with no deaths. Or we fight. Frankly, it's been a long day, and I'd prefer you took the option that had you leaving without a fuss."

He was sure the Shinigami would be upset, but he was too stressed to care. His family was out shopping today, and he would be thrice-damned if this soul-eating monster got anywhere closer to them.

He tapped a few unseen keys, and a hologram sprang up in the air in front of him, showing Sereg a wide selection of watches.

"Here. Start picking one out."

12. - Top - End - #462

Josiah frowns inside the helmet, but moves between Sereg and civilians. Who somehow haven't noticed his mostly-physical presence.

"Your very energies could be corrosive to normal humans. You have no way to pay for your purchase. Do you swear all you desire is a watch? If so, I can have several select watches procured, and we can meet outside the city. Away from civilians. So you can leave here with no deaths. Or we fight. Frankly, it's been a long day, and I'd prefer you took the option that had you leaving without a fuss."

He was sure the Shinigami would be upset, but he was too stressed to care. His family was out shopping today, and he would be thrice-damned if this soul-eating monster got anywhere closer to them.

He tapped a few unseen keys, and a hologram sprang up in the air in front of him, showing Sereg a wide selection of watches.

"Here. Start picking one out."
    "I have a different plan." Sereg raises his hand and a cero begins charging in his palm. "If you attack me, I'll wreck this entire block at once. Not to mention everyone in it. Go back to your little hole and I'll go about my day. Everyone's happy, you know?"

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Dynamic Steel doesn't move, beyond making sure he's in the path of the Cero. He doesn't fire, but he doesn't move, though if Sereg's perceptive, he might notice the suit's surface seeming to shimmer a bit, and some of the blue circles glowing brighter.

"I'm proposing a situational compromise where each of us gains something. You get a watch, I get an Arrancar whose very presence could kill out of my city. This is not your world. It is not your city. You do not belong here. This is your final chance."

He shifts his suit's communications to a channel only SWORD can hear.

"Dynamic Steel requesting backup ASAP. Civilians in danger. Please advise, send shielding crews, medical evac, and all other units for a Red Alert."

14. - Top - End - #464
    Pixie in the Playground

[SWORD Base]

Vincent looked at Subject 1864, a cruel grin highlighting his sharp features. "Well, that sounds like our cue, doesn't it?" He said. "Follow me, Eighteen. We have work to do." He led the subject down a series of corridors that led to a sleek black car of indeterminate make and model. "Get in, Eighteen." Vincent said simply, sliding into the driver's seat.

Once they were both situated, Vincent flipped a switch on the center console, opening the glove compartment to reveal a silver cylinder. "You were correct in your assessment, Eighteen." Vincent said as they drove. "Engaging an Arrancar in direct unarmed combat is tantamount to suicide. That is why I'm giving you this, for this mission alone. It is a modified Seele Schneider, and can be used in melee combat. It will activate when I tell it to and deactivate when I tell it to. It will take the shape of a European long sword. I trust you have been trained in their use? Speak quickly now, we're reaching our destination. And if that last message is any indication, Mr. Kane is in a bit of trouble."

[Near Sereg]

Mayumi had intended to just watch, because she was sure that she recognized the voice of the suit of armor's occupant. Unfortunately, the armor seemed to scramble his voice, so she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Even more unfortunately, the Arrancar had decided to up the stakes, forcing Mayumi to play her hand.

"A silver rod strikes the five-fingered stone bed. Gritz!" Her command came from kilometers away; so far that her eyes couldn't actually see the Arrancar or the man. Thankfully, two beads of Ginto hung in the air nearby, one to transmit sight, and the other to transmit sound. It was all she needed.

But though they couldn't see the woman, they could see the effects of her spell. A silver coffin of pure reiatsu bearing the signature Quincy cross enveloped Sereg. It was strong, but Sereg would be able to break out if he tried. Mayumi was not strong enough to hold an Espada for long.

And it was from the second Ginto that her voice emanated now. "This won't hold him long. If you're going to do something, do it now!" Her statement was punctuated by five arrows flying seemingly out of nowhere to pierce through the coffin, hopefully striking right through Sereg.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Orc in the Playground

"Affirmative, sir." Subject 1864 replied. "Tactical considerations? Am I to serve as backup?"

The "child" examined the silver cylinder up and down, noting which way he presumed the blade would form. It was very like him to consider the "temporary gift" as an object of study rather than a toy, as any infant his apparent age would be keen to do.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #466

Allan watches apprehensively as the mortal engages in his tense conversation with the Arrancar. This whole situation was getting out of hand quickly. The mortal didn't seem to have any powers, but his ability to see the spiritual entities and his odd suit of armor indicated that he was more of a threat than he appeared. But the Arrancar was strong; really strong. There were good odds he was an Espada, even. If he was, that was bad. Really bad. If this escalated, it might even start a war between Las Noches and the Soul Society. Still, as long as no one did anything rash, it looked like things just might progress without violence.

Then the shimmering coffin appears around the Arrancar.

Oh boy. This is going to suck.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-05-02 at 07:06 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    [SWORD Base]

Vincent looked at Subject 1864, a cruel grin highlighting his sharp features. "Well, that sounds like our cue, doesn't it?" He said. "Follow me, Eighteen. We have work to do." He led the subject down a series of corridors that led to a sleek black car of indeterminate make and model. "Get in, Eighteen." Vincent said simply, sliding into the driver's seat.

Once they were both situated, Vincent flipped a switch on the center console, opening the glove compartment to reveal a silver cylinder. "You were correct in your assessment, Eighteen." Vincent said as they drove. "Engaging an Arrancar in direct unarmed combat is tantamount to suicide. That is why I'm giving you this, for this mission alone. It is a modified Seele Schneider, and can be used in melee combat. It will activate when I tell it to and deactivate when I tell it to. It will take the shape of a European long sword. I trust you have been trained in their use? Speak quickly now, we're reaching our destination. And if that last message is any indication, Mr. Kane is in a bit of trouble."

[Near Sereg]

Mayumi had intended to just watch, because she was sure that she recognized the voice of the suit of armor's occupant. Unfortunately, the armor seemed to scramble his voice, so she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Even more unfortunately, the Arrancar had decided to up the stakes, forcing Mayumi to play her hand.

"A silver rod strikes the five-fingered stone bed. Gritz!" Her command came from kilometers away; so far that her eyes couldn't actually see the Arrancar or the man. Thankfully, two beads of Ginto hung in the air nearby, one to transmit sight, and the other to transmit sound. It was all she needed.

But though they couldn't see the woman, they could see the effects of her spell. A silver coffin of pure reiatsu bearing the signature Quincy cross enveloped Sereg. It was strong, but Sereg would be able to break out if he tried. Mayumi was not strong enough to hold an Espada for long.

And it was from the second Ginto that her voice emanated now. "This won't hold him long. If you're going to do something, do it now!" Her statement was punctuated by five arrows flying seemingly out of nowhere to pierce through the coffin, hopefully striking right through Sereg.
    Sereg's eyes widen just before the coffin surrounds him. A barely audible "What the?" is heard before he's enclosed in the reishi prison. As the arrows penetrate the box, they seem to stop prematurely. Inside the box is Sereg, the five points of contact pressing against his skin, the heirro holding them back. "Well, $*@!. Glad that box held off most of the power from those things." A powerful and heavy burst of reiatsu escapes the coffin, followed by another. Soon, Maumi can feel the power pushing against the walls, and Josiah can no longer feel the thrums.

"Let's get Wild." An even harder burst of power shatters the coffin, the pieces raining down like glass as Sereg sonido's toward the city, firing his charged cero at Josiah before he goes. "Might not want to piss me off. Good way to lose a city if you ask me."

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Josiah had paused at the interference of another party. He'd hoped to resolve this without violence. No such luck.

Instead, he held his hands up, charged his shields to full...and absorbed most of the Cero. The rest washed over his shields, draining them for a moment...before they were brought back to full by the fresh energy.

"Note to self. Better cooling systems in hand units. Damn things are hot."

And then he rocketed off at full speed. His goal was to slam into Sereg. Not to harm him, but instead to start moving him out of the city, or at least further from the packed center of it. He yells out towards the nearby Ginto, the Shinigami, and any agents who can hear him.

"Protect the civilians! Shield them at all costs!"

His jets roar as he works to move the powerful Arrancar away from harming those who cannot even see him.

19. - Top - End - #469

Sereg

As the metal suit closes on his back Sereg stops midair and spins around, pushing himself out of the way of the collision using Josiah's own momentum. As the suit flies past he then spins again to face it, drawing the katana he brought in addition to his own zanpakutou. "I wonder how the city will handle seeing this. Explosions all over the place you know. Not quite sure if they can see you yet, though." Sereg looks down for a second and fires a bala into the closest building.

20. - Top - End - #470

Allan

Allan's eyes fly back and forth between the two combatants as the struggle begins, quickly attempting to discern the best course of action. His initial suspicions are proved correct when the armored man absorbs the Arrancar's cero; the weapon's capabilities were impressive. Allan tries to figure out how to be involve himself when he sees Sereg winding up for a Bala, aimed at the city. That removes quite a bit of ambiguity from his mind. Allan's Zanpakuto flashes from his sheath, and he puts on a burst of speed to put himself in the Bala's path. Luckily, he guesses the trajectory accurately, and manages to (just barely) block the hammer of energy with the flat of his sword. He twirls his blade, waiting to see what happens next.

Nakahiro

Nakahiro had been walking home from a local park when he felt the presence of Sereg. Like Kaito, he knew that he was hopelessly outmatched by the presence. Unlike Kaito, this made him more curious. He changes direction and moves towards the battle, finding a rooftop a few hundred feet away and crouching down. He activates his powers, then taps his glasses a few times, zooming in until he can see the fight clearly. He scans everyone.

One Shinigami. A few steps above us. One person in armor. Weird readings, I'll look over those more carefully later. And the last one is...

He blinks. Those readings can't be right. He deactivates his powers, waits for a few seconds, then reactivates them, trying to keep his presence as low as possible. Focusing in once more, his fears are proven correct; he was accurate.

That's impossible. His power level is off my scale...

21. - Top - End - #471

Allan

Allan's eyes fly back and forth between the two combatants as the struggle begins, quickly attempting to discern the best course of action. His initial suspicions are proved correct when the armored man absorbs the Arrancar's cero; the weapon's capabilities were impressive. Allan tries to figure out how to be involve himself when he sees Sereg winding up for a Bala, aimed at the city. That removes quite a bit of ambiguity from his mind. Allan's Zanpakuto flashes from his sheath, and he puts on a burst of speed to put himself in the Bala's path. Luckily, he guesses the trajectory accurately, and manages to (just barely) block the hammer of energy with the flat of his sword. He twirls his blade, waiting to see what happens next.

Nakahiro

Nakahiro had been walking home from a local park when he felt the presence of Sereg. Like Kaito, he knew that he was hopelessly outmatched by the presence. Unlike Kaito, this made him more curious. He changes direction and moves towards the battle, finding a rooftop a few hundred feet away and crouching down. He activates his powers, then taps his glasses a few times, zooming in until he can see the fight clearly. He scans everyone.

One Shinigami. A few steps above us. One person in armor. Weird readings, I'll look over those more carefully later. And the last one is...

He blinks. Those readings can't be right. He deactivates his powers, waits for a few seconds, then reactivates them, trying to keep his presence as low as possible. Focusing in once more, his fears are proven correct; he was accurate.

That's impossible. His power level is off my scale...
    "Hey, kiddo. Tin-man was supposed to do that. I'm trying to see what he can do, you know. Get the hell outta the way." Sereg then looks again down at the streets, and sees a young man eying the group. "I think he can see you, Mr. Roboto." he says with a short nod toward the child.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Hey, kiddo. Tin-man was supposed to do that. I'm trying to see what he can do, you know. Get the hell outta the way." Sereg then looks again down at the streets, and sees a young man eying the group. "I think he can see you, Mr. Roboto." he says with a short nod toward the child.
    Dynamic Steel was relieved when the Shinigami intervened. He may not like them, but this one at least seemed to have halfway-decent priorities.

"Back me up, Shinigami."

Of course, with Allan taking care of the blast, it'd given Dynamic time to prep the Brant SRL to launch a rocket. A rocket that was now flying directly at Sereg, homing in on his unmistakable energy.

"I don't care if the kid sees me, so long as you get the hell out of this city!"

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina stopped. Reiatsu that powerful...It did not belong in this world. And reiatsu that powerful and that strange... That definitely did not belong.

For a few moments, Kina debated what she should do. She had been out to purchase the groceries that day and her aunt would be expecting her home. At the same time... She was a Quincy. She had to protect her home. She had to fight. Even though you're weak. Even though someone that strong will kill you.

Kina froze. But eventually her legs began to walk on their own, taking her towards her home. She had some time to decide. At least she had to return her groceries. Maybe then she could choose.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

24. - Top - End - #474

Dynamic Steel was relieved when the Shinigami intervened. He may not like them, but this one at least seemed to have halfway-decent priorities.

"Back me up, Shinigami."

Of course, with Allan taking care of the blast, it'd given Dynamic time to prep the Brant SRL to launch a rocket. A rocket that was now flying directly at Sereg, homing in on his unmistakable energy.

"I don't care if the kid sees me, so long as you get the hell out of this city!"
    A quick spin of his wrist spins the stolen katana around in Sereg's hand. As he draws it back toward his head, point facing the rocket, he smirks under the mask. "Party time" He throws the blade toward the rocket, looking to cause it to explode prematurely. A bala follows the blade, and if the sword doesn't rupture it, the bala is sure to. less than a second after firing Sereg is on the move again, using sonido and his physical strength to crash through a building.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi and Chiyoko

Izumi's eyes widen as the reiatsu hits her.

Chiyoko just collapses, fainting from the sensory overload. This, of course, attracts Izumi's attention, as she catches her younger sister. "Chiyoko!"

Mei

Mei freezes. "Oh, ****. Serazel, we need to hide quickly."

A Short Distance from Sereg

A patrolling pair of Unseated from 13th Division look on in horror. "Oh, crap, that's a freaking Arrancar!"

WHACK. Okay, maybe only one of them in horror. The smaller woman's just pissed off.

"OW! WHAT THE HELL, WOMAN!"

"SHUT IT, SHINJI! JUST CALL FOR A STRIKE TEAM ALREADY INSTEAD OF FREAKING OUT!"

The long-suffering Shinigami makes the call.

Thanking whatever Kami was listening that they were out of earshot.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-05-03 at 03:46 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #476
    Orc in the Playground

[Serazel and Mei]

"It's been a while since I recall you using that kind of language, milady." Serazel noted. "I recognize this Reiatsu. It's that good-for-nothing Sereg." He then turned to Viatrix. "Which of course makes this business all the more urgent. Do you have any place we can hide? I can subdue my own Reiatsu, but not Mei-sama's."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477

Allan Crossdale

Allan nods mutely at the human's order for assistance. He didn't really like being ordered around, but the armor was better suited to fighting the Arrancar than he was. As the two battle, Allan circles around to Sereg's other side, waiting to see what the Espada does next. When Sereg turns from Dynamic Steel towards the building, Allan sighs and rolls his neck.

This is going to hurt.

Allan puts on another tremendous burst of speed, and manages to interpose himself between the Espada and the building just before Sereg sonidos forward. Although Allan lacks the necessary physical power to completely arrest Sereg's progress, he does manage to slow the Arrancar down significantly, somewhat limiting the damage to the building. Allan doesn't stay in close quarters, flipping back from Sereg before facing him again.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

"I don't know if you felt that just now, Val. But I did. And it scares me. If you're not home and inside, get there. Stay there. Call or text the others, and tell them the same thing. I've got a horribly bad feeling about this. I'll try to stay in touch."
    Val did, indeed, feel it. In fact she nearly falls over when she does.

She nods, despite no one being around to see it. "...Y-yeah, I'll head straight home... Be safe!" With that, she waits for Kaito to hang up before standing back up and looking to Gabi.

"...W-well, I guess it's time to cut training short?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [Serazel and Mei]

"It's been a while since I recall you using that kind of language, milady." Serazel noted. "I recognize this Reiatsu. It's that good-for-nothing Sereg." He then turned to Viatrix. "Which of course makes this business all the more urgent. Do you have any place we can hide? I can subdue my own Reiatsu, but not Mei-sama's."
    Viatrix clicks her tongue. "Fine. Get in, but you owe me for this." In short order, she leads the two (after locking the door, shutting the blinds, and generally preparing for the worst) downward into her secret training area, deep underneath the ground.

"I've got this place warded, so what exactly is your story, and how can you make this worthwhile to me? For all I know you're a couple of fugitives and you're running from someone whom it would serve me better to break a deal with."

Fuchs sits by the girl, shaking his head. Always about pr-

"Shut it, Fuchs." She does not look to be in the mood for nonsense, as she turns her attention back to Serazel and Mei. "So, talk."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

"Mei-sama got backstabbed by one of her Fraccion. She needs someplace to rest and recouperate if she is to return to her rightful place." As far as compensation goes, Serazel will let Mei speak. He's out of his place enough as it is.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Pixie in the Playground

A quick spin of his wrist spins the stolen katana around in Sereg's hand. As he draws it back toward his head, point facing the rocket, he smirks under the mask. "Party time" He throws the blade toward the rocket, looking to cause it to explode prematurely. A bala follows the blade, and if the sword doesn't rupture it, the bala is sure to. less than a second after firing Sereg is on the move again, using sonido and his physical strength to crash through a building.
    Mayumi cursed softly from her perch as she considered the situation. Why were all the most powerful supernatural creatures appearing now? What was going on the other worlds to make them appear so frequently? Questions for another time. Mayumi drew back her bow.

From what Josiah, Allan, and Sereg could see, seven arrows flew from out in the distance, curving and twisting from various directions, making it impossible to tell exactly where they were coming from. One intercepted the blade in mid-air, causing it to spin away from the rocking, while another sped somehow through the rocket and hit the Bala, causing both to be destroyed. The other five flew straight at Sereg, aiming to stab into his limbs.

[Near Sereg]

"You assume correctly, Eighteen. Dynamic and I will be handling the bulk of the battle while you provide tactical support. However, I want you to analyze the Arrancar as much as you can. Understand how he fights and what powers he uses to the best of your ability. If our analysis is correct, this is not going to be an easy battle. As such, I am releasing 30% of your power. I expect you to behave yourself, all right?" he said, smiling at the subject. He looked oddly cheerful to be heading out to do battle with one of the most powerful supernatural creatures in any world.

"And here we are!" He exclaimed, stopping the car. "Do you see the Arrancar there, Eighteen? Oh, it seems like Dynamic isn't doing too well. Let's go give him some assistance, shall we?" Vincent got out of the car and drew back the sleeve on his left arm. "Verwustend Adler." He said softly, causing a shortbow to appear in his left hand. As his bow appeared, he brought his right wrist in front of his mouth, speaking into his watch face.

"The Arrancar has begun attacking, and is threatening civilians. Requesting backup to evacuate all bystanders immediately." As he spoke, he gathered energy into his bow, causing his entire left arm to begin glowing softly.
    Star Wars iTP characters