Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 780 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Edge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [Aura]

    Aura taps her foot impatiently as the Concierge speaks. She's growing tired of waiting.
    "Now... his... problem... resolved... we... begin."

    With that, the Concierge slides fully into the cab's driver seat, and starts the engine. A moment later, the truck begins accelerating at a rate the two people in the trailer should find bewildering.

    The Concierge hits the end of the street at 60mph and corners hard, the truck's tyres squealing as it practically drifts into oncoming traffic, greeted by a raucous chorus of blaring horns.

    The Concierge's foot leaves the throttle just as long as it takes them to change gear, whereupon he floors it, hooking up their tape recorder to an intercom system.

    "May want... to hold on... About... to get rough..." their stolen voice says, as though the truck's darting between oncoming cars was a completely normal thing for them. "Gate... in two."

  2. - Top - End - #752
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Reiji's Home]
    Kaito smiled a bit more.

    "It's good to know even Mr. Reiji had to adjust to it. Makes me feel a bit more...normal...about things."

    At her offer of a boxed lunch, Kaito pauses to think. After all, he was a teenager, and teenagers are nothing if not mentally adaptable.

    "That sounds like a wonderful offer, ma'am. I'll tak you up on it. You can keep surprising me, too."

    He offers her a winning smile (from a slightly dorky teenage nerd near-genius).

    [Downtown Fushichou City, Industrial District]

    At the edge of the industrial district, there was an area with a scattering of low-cost office buildings. Most are rented by companies that are strapped for cash, and thus don't mind doing business in "rougher" parts of town. Some are used by less-reputable groups, though.

    For instance, the building that just had the top 3 floors blown out, scattering glass and other, less savory debris on the streets below, fire billowing out of the windows. On the top of the building, secondary explosions ignite a string of fuel on that makes a simple shape.

    Specifically, a smiling face made of fire.

    [Rooftop, a Half-Mile Away]

    A figure in a white body suit and a featureless red mask looks through a pair of high-end binoculars, giggling and talking to himself.

    "Hehe. I love it when a plan comes together. Especially when that plan involves explosions. Guess the early birds caught firey death, not the worm today! Haha! Now to see if Mr. Uptight Do-Gooder is real, and shows his face. Or mask, I guess. Hehe."
    It's none too long before firefighters and the media rush to the place. Like bees to honey, really.

    A rather worrisome news report interrupts the morning's normal schedule.

    "We're here live at Fushichou City's Senka District, where a mysterious explosion has just blown off the three top floors of a building. Firefighters are working hard to keep the fire under control, and police is trying to minimize the panic, but--

    --hold on. I've just received information from our footage helicopter there seems to be a fiery... smiley face burning on top of the building! This clearly points to intentional bombing! The perpetrator, however, is still unknown..."


    The news report goes on.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    The return text doesn't come. Probably because Izumi turns her phone off during classes.

    [A Certain Primary School, Day after Hiroto's Mission starts]

    Chiyoko is currently... heading towards school.

    If Kasanip wishes, Kazari may be with her.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    It's none too long before firefighters and the media rush to the place. Like bees to honey, really.

    A rather worrisome news report interrupts the morning's normal schedule.

    "We're here live at Fushichou City's Senka District, where a mysterious explosion has just blown off the three top floors of a building. Firefighters are working hard to keep the fire under control, and police is trying to minimize the panic, but--

    --hold on. I've just received information from our footage helicopter there seems to be a fiery... smiley face burning on top of the building! This clearly points to intentional bombing! The perpetrator, however, is still unknown..."


    The news report goes on.
    [Reiji's Home]

    Kaito paled a bit at the news.

    "Oh man...that's...ugh. Wow. What a way to start the day. Especially after yesterday...I hope mom and dad don't get pulled into that..."

    He walks away from the dining table, returning to his room to pack his book bag, and perhaps read a bit (after brushing his teeth). He still had time before school, and he wasn't feeling up to the morning news now.

    He did turn his cell phone on, though. Just in case.

    [Rooftop, a Half-Mile Away From Industrial District Office Building]

    The man in the white suit was sitting back in a lawn chair that he'd seemingly pulled from nowhere. His smartphone was streaming the news broadcast, and he was howling with laughter.

    "This is the best news morning in weeks! Man, that face looks great! But they're going to put it out too soon...Hm."

    He stands and walks to the edge of the rooftop. As he does, he reaches into his coat and pulls out a massive sniper rifle. He takes a couple of minutes to pull out the bidpod, get settled, and start taking aim. In that time, some of the lowest-level fires had been put out, but the main blaze was still going.

    He started breathing slowly, in and out. He adjusted his aim, his goal being the pump mechanism on the largest fire truck. No need to remove viewers of this latest masterpiece just yet...

    With a calm exhale, he pulled the trigger, sending a .50 caliber rifle bullet screaming downrange, likely about to all but gut the fire truck...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

  5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Terry576's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SPACE.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    The return text doesn't come. Probably because Izumi turns her phone off during classes.

    [A Certain Primary School, Day after Hiroto's Mission starts]

    Chiyoko is currently... heading towards school.

    If Kasanip wishes, Kazari may be with her.
    [Sora]

    Sora goes to Venti Buon to pass the time before school.

    I'm just gonna wait until Straw tells me that school starts because of I have no idea what day or time we're on now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Now... his... problem... resolved... we... begin."

    With that, the Concierge slides fully into the cab's driver seat, and starts the engine. A moment later, the truck begins accelerating at a rate the two people in the trailer should find bewildering.

    The Concierge hits the end of the street at 60mph and corners hard, the truck's tyres squealing as it practically drifts into oncoming traffic, greeted by a raucous chorus of blaring horns.

    The Concierge's foot leaves the throttle just as long as it takes them to change gear, whereupon he floors it, hooking up their tape recorder to an intercom system.

    "May want... to hold on... About... to get rough..." their stolen voice says, as though the truck's darting between oncoming cars was a completely normal thing for them. "Gate... in two."
    Aura grabs onto the nearest thing inside the van, a grim look on her face.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-05-22 at 05:00 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    Avatar by me.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

  6. - Top - End - #756
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    [Michael Westen-style narration]
    Contrary to Hollywood tradition, gas tanks do not explode from the impact of a single bullet, no matter the caliber. If you want to blow up a car using its fuel tank, you need an accelerant agent nearby. [/Michael Westen-style narration]

    Of course, the fire truck is well near a raging fire...

    The sound of distant gunfire is somewhat ignored over the screeching crowd, so it takes a while for the firefighters to notice the gasoline leak. When they do, however, they are forced to turn the water cannon off and request aid from another truck to keep the gasoline from spreading.

    "This just in! One of the fire trucks has started to leak gasoline! It seems to be disabled, they won't be able to move it away!! Oh my god..." The news reporter is positively panicked.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [Michael Westen-style narration]
    Contrary to Hollywood tradition, gas tanks do not explode from the impact of a single bullet, no matter the caliber. If you want to blow up a car using its fuel tank, you need an accelerant agent nearby. [/Michael Westen-style narration]

    Of course, the fire truck is well near a raging fire...

    The sound of distant gunfire is somewhat ignored over the screeching crowd, so it takes a while for the firefighters to notice the gasoline leak. When they do, however, they are forced to turn the water cannon off and request aid from another truck to keep the gasoline from spreading.

    "This just in! One of the fire trucks has started to leak gasoline! It seems to be disabled, they won't be able to move it away!! Oh my god..." The news reporter is positively panicked.
    The man on the roof laughed harder.

    "Oh man! I just wanted to blow out the pump, but I hit the gas tank! Even better! Hm, maybe I should take out the tires on that other engine..."

    He lined up the shot, waited a moment, and pulled the trigger again.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

  8. - Top - End - #758
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    [Abandoned House]

    Cassandra turned towards the newcomers, surprised and somewhat bemused. "Keeper? I didn't expect to see you out and about. What's the occasion?" Cassandra knew that she could at least trust the Keeper to be subtle, though his appearance out and about what still a bit disturbing. If he was running around, then things had gotten serious.

    Then Magnus also walked in. Cassandra almost threw her arms up in frustration. She thanked heaven that Samsara didn't actually feel different from humans unless they were using their powers, but still! "Magnus? It's good to know that you've stopped terrorizing downtown. Where'd your bear go?" Her sarcasm was almost palpable as she spoke.

    "Well, what an interesting get-together this is turning out to be. Who else are we expecting? I don't know. For all I know, Aell with be showing up soon. I just want all of you to be careful. We cannot be noticed, not yet. We have to stay hidden, do I make myself clear?" She looked at each of them in turn, including Magnus' wolf.
    Abandoned House

    The Keeper shrugs. "I was in the middle of my assignment The Boss gave me before the "Korean Sensation" here started ringing my sensors with her ruckus, and you guys started showing up one by one. New assignment from The Boss?" the Keeper replies smoothly, his face betraying no emotion or thought.

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    Somewhere on a hill overlooking Phoenix Town

    A Garganta opens and closes quickly as Cuerva steps through. Taking a breath of air she is immediately brought to attention how deficient this place is with the amount of dispersed spirit particles. With her reiatsu and presence suppressed at a level which will not leak out of her faux body, Cuerva begins to stroll down the mountain and into Phoenix City proper.

    By the time Cuerva is in Phoenix City proper, she has started to feel the ache on her feet and calves. What sort of people wears these infernal devices called high-heel shoes?

    Quickly finding a place where she can sit for a while, Cuerva finds a nice cafe called Venti Buon Cafe and enters the establishment, finding a window seat so that she could rest and continue to look at people milling about. Checking her pockets, she finds a nice purse with a bundle of currency inside, how thoughtful of Anita.

    Ordering a cup of coffee, she leaves it untouched. Rubbing the bridge of her nose, Cuerva takes her time to let the information sink in, and to look outside the window and see the mortals at their daily business.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-22 at 07:42 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

  9. - Top - End - #759
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    The man on the roof laughed harder.

    "Oh man! I just wanted to blow out the pump, but I hit the gas tank! Even better! Hm, maybe I should take out the tires on that other engine..."

    He lined up the shot, waited a moment, and pulled the trigger again.
    This time, however, there was no satisfying pop of the engine's tires. It's almost as if the bullet was never fired.

    But that wasn't right. The man was sure, he felt the kick, he could almost sense the bullet coming out...

    Until his expected guest finally appeared. He hovered a couple of meters away from the ledge of the building, holding the bullet between his forefingers. With a flick of his wrist, he twists and grips it in his palm. It quakes even as a sickening crunch of metal is heard, and then he tosses the bullet back to its original owner, crushed like a pea.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  10. - Top - End - #760
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Day 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Now... his... problem... resolved... we... begin."

    With that, the Concierge slides fully into the cab's driver seat, and starts the engine. A moment later, the truck begins accelerating at a rate the two people in the trailer should find bewildering.

    The Concierge hits the end of the street at 60mph and corners hard, the truck's tyres squealing as it practically drifts into oncoming traffic, greeted by a raucous chorus of blaring horns.

    The Concierge's foot leaves the throttle just as long as it takes them to change gear, whereupon he floors it, hooking up their tape recorder to an intercom system.

    "May want... to hold on... About... to get rough..." their stolen voice says, as though the truck's darting between oncoming cars was a completely normal thing for them. "Gate... in two."
    The man moves backward and positions himself against the instruments inside the vehicle in such a way that nothing will move him. He sniffs the glass rose.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    5e: Orianna OOC IC
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

  11. - Top - End - #761
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Terry576's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SPACE.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    [Sora]

    Sora glances over, and vaguely notices the new entry to the cafe. He shrugs, and returns to drinking the cup of delicious coffee.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    Avatar by me.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

  12. - Top - End - #762
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [Sora]

    Sora glances over, and vaguely notices the new entry to the cafe. He shrugs, and returns to drinking the cup of delicious coffee.
    Cuerva notices a boy glancing over at her direction, perhaps he has not seen a blonde before?

    But her eyelids twitch a little as she feels a slight trickle of reiatsu coming out of him.

    No not just a trickle. Cuerva takes a subtle deep breath and tastes Arrancar-grade reiatsu.

    A newcomer? An agent planted here by Von Geister? Interesting, Cuerva smiles to herself. Maybe there might be something interesting going on later.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-22 at 07:47 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

  13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Terry576's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SPACE.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Sora breathes a sigh of relief as he sips his coffee. He eyes the blonde with mild interest, he had never seen a blonde before.

    "Wonder why she's here..."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    Avatar by me.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

  14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    This time, however, there was no satisfying pop of the engine's tires. It's almost as if the bullet was never fired.

    But that wasn't right. The man was sure, he felt the kick, he could almost sense the bullet coming out...

    Until his expected guest finally appeared. He hovered a couple of meters away from the ledge of the building, holding the bullet between his forefingers. With a flick of his wrist, he twists and grips it in his palm. It quakes even as a sickening crunch of metal is heard, and then he tosses the bullet back to its original owner, crushed like a pea.
    The man in the white suit and the red mask quickly stood and started to tuck the gun back into his jacket. Something that clearly should not work at all.

    "Haha! You're here! This was a great twofer! I get to blow up some guys who've been muscling in on my turf, hurting my employees, and we get to meet! Isn't this awesome, Hakusai? Or can I call you Haku, Haku-kun?"

    He finishes tucking the anti-material rifle into a pocket and walks over to the lawn chair, casually folding it up before working on tucking it inside his jacket.

    "I'd offer you popcorn, for the show, but we're both a bit face-shy in public like this. So, sorry about that, Haku-kun. Anyways. Where were we...Right!

    See, here's the thing. I think you're an interesting guy. Urban legend that walks and all that. Nice theatrics, for an amateur. But you're putting a crimp in the style of every semi-respectable criminal in this city. And we can't have that. We've got our people afraid of you. That just can't happen; we're the ones who should be feared. So, I'm sorry, but I'll have to kill you.
    "

    Without warning, the man withdraws two pistols and starts firing both at his target, alternating which he was firing at any one moment.

    "How many can you catch, Haku-kun?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

  15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Cuerva de Sangre - Venti Buon Cafe

    Reluctantly despite it smelling strange but pretty nice, Cuerva tries the coffee, and tasted something really great!

    Calmly setting down the cup, Cuerva almost gasps in delight. She had never tasted such beverage before! Checking the wallet she was provided, she begins to rummage through its contents.

    There's a card made from a strange lightweight material, with her picture on it with a name Sally Waltz. Probably my cover identity. Cuerva thinks to herself. Ah more currency.

    Hailing the waitress, she begins to order more items. She knows these would not satisfy her hunger as well as consuming mortals and spiritual beings, but these would do for now.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

  16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kasanip's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Japan
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

    A practice fight was finally concluded. Exhausted, Sayaka stood up again and wiped sweat from her face. Ken was a difficult opponent. Even to block his vision, he was able to defend against her attacks easily. But she had gotten faster at throwing talismans at difficult targets and in difficult positions. She had become better evasion also.

    "Ok, let's stop. I still have to make dinner, study and there are some chores to do also." She said, bowing her head a little as she fixed her clothes. And laundry, and cleaning, and sleeping... She thought.

    Kazari
    [Walking to Junior High School with Chiyoko]

    It was a good mood today for Kazari. An older brother had left to go to school and she had gotten permission from her 'parents' to walk with the Hayashi family's Chiyoko to school together. So Kazari was happily walking with Chiyoko, swinging the school bag carelessly. To be unable to be seen, and away from a doting older brother, she can relax and be pleased because the cicadas die faster now, and make a nice sound when stepped on aggressively.

    Freedom now to walk normally with a friend, homework was finished, and after school she could expect delicious ice cream at the Venti Buon cafe.
    "It is a great day isn't it?" She asked to Chiyoko.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

  17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    The man in the white suit and the red mask quickly stood and started to tuck the gun back into his jacket. Something that clearly should not work at all.

    "Haha! You're here! This was a great twofer! I get to blow up some guys who've been muscling in on my turf, hurting my employees, and we get to meet! Isn't this awesome, Hakusai? Or can I call you Haku, Haku-kun?"

    He finishes tucking the anti-material rifle into a pocket and walks over to the lawn chair, casually folding it up before working on tucking it inside his jacket.

    "I'd offer you popcorn, for the show, but we're both a bit face-shy in public like this. So, sorry about that, Haku-kun. Anyways. Where were we...Right!

    See, here's the thing. I think you're an interesting guy. Urban legend that walks and all that. Nice theatrics, for an amateur. But you're putting a crimp in the style of every semi-respectable criminal in this city. And we can't have that. We've got our people afraid of you. That just can't happen; we're the ones who should be feared. So, I'm sorry, but I'll have to kill you.
    "

    Without warning, the man withdraws two pistols and starts firing both at his target, alternating which he was firing at any one moment.

    "How many can you catch, Haku-kun?"
    To his credit, Hakusai doesn't gawk when he sees the physically impossible feat. He has powers too. Relatively weak ones, but still.

    Despite the 'lack' of warning, the so-called hero keeps his cool as the bullets shower. From what his enemy can tell or see (if he can), there's subtle Reiatsu manipulation as the bullets themselves 'disappear'. Then, Hakusai puts up a closed fist.

    "Throughout your speech, you have made three mistakes.

    One."
    At this point, he puts up a finger, and one of the bullets comes flying back. It's not aimed at him, but rather at the ground.

    "You've assumed my objective is to instill fear with, as you called them, 'theatrics'. No. My goal is sistematic cleansing of the filth of this city.

    Two."


    Another two bullets fly erratically off.

    "You assumed two mere M1911 pistols would succeed where Desert Eagles, AK-74u rifles, SVD-1s, .50 machineguns and even anti-personnel RPGs have failed. From better angles, no less.

    And finally..."
    This time, no bullets fly.

    "You have deemed me a 'walking urban legend'. Legends, by definition, do not alter reality. I am more than legend; I am a man.

    I am sin, returned to deliver pain.
    I am punishment made flesh!
    The path I walk is paved with the flesh and souls of those who have wronged others!
    I am The White Judge! And I find you guilty!!"


    At this point, every remaining bullet that should be in his possession turns into a small ball of inky black darkness.

    "My turn. Collera di Sentenza!!"

    The balls come flying up at his self-appointed nemesis with alarming speed, not unlike a storm of shooting stars.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    [Chiyoko]
    [Walking to Junior High]

    Chiyoko smiles. "It is. The air's refreshing, not to hot and not too cold...

    And it smells lovely too, don't you think?"


    She breathes in deeply.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    To his credit, Hakusai doesn't gawk when he sees the physically impossible feat. He has powers too. Relatively weak ones, but still.

    Despite the 'lack' of warning, the so-called hero keeps his cool as the bullets shower. From what his enemy can tell or see (if he can), there's subtle Reiatsu manipulation as the bullets themselves 'disappear'. Then, Hakusai puts up a closed fist.

    "Throughout your speech, you have made three mistakes.

    One."
    At this point, he puts up a finger, and one of the bullets comes flying back. It's not aimed at him, but rather at the ground.

    "You've assumed my objective is to instill fear with, as you called them, 'theatrics'. No. My goal is sistematic cleansing of the filth of this city.

    Two."


    Another two bullets fly erratically off.

    "You assumed two mere M1911 pistols would succeed where Desert Eagles, AK-74u rifles, SVD-1s, .50 machineguns and even anti-personnel RPGs have failed. From better angles, no less.

    And finally..."
    This time, no bullets fly.

    "You have deemed me a 'walking urban legend'. Legends, by definition, do not alter reality. I am more than legend; I am a man.

    I am sin, returned to deliver pain.
    I am punishment made flesh!
    The path I walk is paved with the flesh and souls of those who have wronged others!
    I am The White Judge! And I find you guilty!!"


    At this point, every remaining bullet that should be in his possession turns into a small ball of inky black darkness.

    "My turn. Collera di Sentenza!!"

    The balls come flying up at his self-appointed nemesis with alarming speed, not unlike a storm of shooting stars.
    The man in the white suit seems to tense his body as Hakusai speaks. But it's clearly not fear, as he starts side-stepping the bullets that are returned to him. No, it's the tension of preparation.

    "Ha! You're a laugh a minute, Haku-kun! You say "Oh, I'm not about theatrics, not me", then give that little speech? Hilarious!"

    His casual, friendly tone belies the fact that he's dodging and dancing like mad. In fact, if Hakusai watches close enough, once or twice, he almost seems to move in a blur for just a brief moment. Just enough that none of the balls strike him, though more than once he contorts in a pose to dodge one.

    "Man, that's some nice tricks. Well, I've got one of my own!"

    To emphasize his words, each hand pulls something out of the jacket and tosses them at speeds a baseball pitcher would drool for. Two objects speed towards Hakusai...

    And when stopped, are revealed to be rubber chickens. Of course, there's likely one brief moment of distraction there. Which seemed to be enough, as the man with the horrible laugh was flying through the air in a leap of his own, crowbar descending in a classic overhead swing.

    "Bazinga!"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

  20. - Top - End - #770
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Too close to be explosives. No, his opponent is undoubtedly mad, but not suicidal. Hakusai manages to draw and ignite his black light swords and slash at the two rubber chickens, and realizes almost too late that they were a distraction.

    Whoever this man was, he was in a completely different level than anything he'd faced before.

    Bringing the sword up, he manages to parry the blow, but his arm quivers under the strength needed to not buckle under.

    Strong...!

    A slash of pure, black "light" arcs upward towards his foe, though it didn't come from Hakusai's current weapon.

    "Who ARE you...?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  21. - Top - End - #771
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Cuerva de Sangre - Leaving Venti Buon Cafe

    Settling the bill, which amounts to a surprisingly affordable amount, Cuerva leaves the cafe once her feet felt better.

    Walking out of the cafe, she begins to walk about the town, taking in the sights and sounds, and observing the people that walk the streets, her senses alert to any hints of above normal levels of reiatsu.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

  22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Frozen_Feet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Over here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    [Day 18 (?), just outside Venti Buon]

    Cuerva might need some more practice in walking around as a mortal, as she bumps into a tall, rather scary looking foreigner.

    Mihail, seeing how poor the hotel catering had been, has decided to come to Venti Buon for breakfast. Normally, his perceptive self would've easily dodged the hapless book-carrying woman, but lately he's been distracted by this awful sound permeating the town. It's as if no matter where he goes, there's this incredibly annoying K-pop song playing on endless repeat.

    Cue collision.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."


    Come and join Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum freeform game!

    Thanks to Kasanip for my Nasumi avatar.

  23. - Top - End - #773
    Orc in the Playground
     
    strawberryman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rap.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    [Chiyoko]
    [Walking to Junior High]

    Chiyoko smiles. "It is. The air's refreshing, not to hot and not too cold...

    And it smells lovely too, don't you think?"


    She breathes in deeply.
    What may surprise Chiyoko is the quite sudden shift in the air as she breathes in. It's almost like death itself.

    Then, a crunch as something large hits the pavement in front of her. Kazari might be able to see the large pine-tree-like creature, with a distinctive mask in the middle of the ferns, and long, flexible vines extending from it's base.

    "It's time to come with me, little one."

    [Park]

    Valeria jogs through the park in the slightly chilly fall morning, having done so to get to school for a fair few weeks. Heavy in her mind were the events of just a few days ago.

    ...Until she notices a phone on one of the benches. Stopping in confusion, she investigates the seemingly harmless object. She had plenty of time still.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

    BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

  24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Chiyoko starts at the sound, and takes a few steps back, then trips and falls to a sitting position. What... what is that?

    I can hear it... and I can feel the energy around it...

    But what is it?


    "Go where?"


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wahrheit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The South
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    [Abandoned House]

    Cassandra turned towards the newcomers, surprised and somewhat bemused. "Keeper? I didn't expect to see you out and about. What's the occasion?" Cassandra knew that she could at least trust the Keeper to be subtle, though his appearance out and about what still a bit disturbing. If he was running around, then things had gotten serious.

    Then Magnus also walked in. Cassandra almost threw her arms up in frustration. She thanked heaven that Samsara didn't actually feel different from humans unless they were using their powers, but still! "Magnus? It's good to know that you've stopped terrorizing downtown. Where'd your bear go?" Her sarcasm was almost palpable as she spoke.

    "Well, what an interesting get-together this is turning out to be. Who else are we expecting? I don't know. For all I know, Aell with be showing up soon. I just want all of you to be careful. We cannot be noticed, not yet. We have to stay hidden, do I make myself clear?" She looked at each of them in turn, including Magnus' wolf.
    Cha-Cha shrugged, pouting very slightly as she grabbed one of her backup dancers. Sparkles and rose petals exploded into being around it, and a moment later the Blank was a hair brush. She began sweeping it through her hair, searching for any tangles Cassanda might have caused.

    "What's the matter, Cassy? Not happy to see me? Come on, lose the frown! We're inside and there's nobody else around, just us, and we're all friends! <3" How Cha-Cha managed to actually SAY a heart symbol will forever be a mystery.

    She smiled and struck a pose. It was... spectacular...

    "Things are moving faster now, huh? We're near the end! So why so glum? I wanted to check out the venue before the show started, and it looks great! Full house, great audience, and there's going to be so many cheers when we arrive on stage! <3"

    ELSEWHERE AND ELSEWHEN
    Rex sighed in boredom and fiddled with his pencil, desperately trying and failing to find something to doodle while waiting for school.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-05-23 at 04:18 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

  26. - Top - End - #776
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kayne650's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nowhere you can find me

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    [Abandoned House]

    Cassandra sighed to herself quietly. Odd. I don't have any memories of crimes worthy of being punished by this rainbow-haired imbecile. Cassandra thought to herself as she listened to Cha-Cha's rambling.

    "All right, here's the deal." She said after the rest had said their part. "I don't know how long you've all been here, but you all need to get yourself acclimated to the area. I need to return to the Valley and resupply myself, I've used up most of the Blanks that I brought with me. The rest of you will stay here and familiarize yourselves with the layout; important landmarks, hiding places, places where humans gather. We'll need to know all of this when we begin. But once again, do not draw attention to yourselves. If you meet with humans then be discreet, do not reveal yourselves for what you are, and do not kill anyone. Do I make myself clear?" She finished, and waited for their responses.

    [Fusichou High]

    Mayumi tensed a little when the girl mentioned who her mother was. Oh. That would explain why the little girl was wandering alone, and why she seemed so oddly mature for her age. "Are you looking for her? I can bring you to her office, if you want." Mayumi offered, smiling. The idea of going near the principal was never a pleasant one, but if the child needed her help...

    [Agent 09's Lab]

    When the phone rang, Vincent sighed inwardly. It was always when he was making the most headway that interruptions appeared. He placed his tools on the table and moved to phone.

    "Agent 01? Project Shift is doing marvelously, especially since my latest," he paused and glanced at Sereg's leg, currently being analyzed, "acquisition. I expect to be testing a fully-functioning prototype within 4 days. Progress is therefore 64% ahead of schedule." Reports to Agent 01 should always be succinct, Vincent was told. But in his experience, the man appreciated some detail.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

    Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

    I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

  27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    [Where Rex Is]

    He might hear footsteps behind him. "You arrived at school early too?"


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  28. - Top - End - #778
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wahrheit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The South
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    [Where Rex Is]

    He might hear footsteps behind him. "You arrived at school early too?"
    Rex jumps slightly, dropping his pencil. "Gyah! Oh, howdy, Izumi. Sorry, was kinda distracted." Rex reddened slightly as he grabbed his wayward drawing implement. "Yeah... woke up early today an' didn't have much to do. Lot's been on my mind recently, ya know?"
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

  29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Izumi nods, and sits down next to him. "I do... everything that's happened so far, right?"


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  30. - Top - End - #780
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Day 18 (?), just outside Venti Buon]
    Spoiler
    Show


    Cuerva might need some more practice in walking around as a mortal, as she bumps into a tall, rather scary looking foreigner.

    Mihail, seeing how poor the hotel catering had been, has decided to come to Venti Buon for breakfast. Normally, his perceptive self would've easily dodged the hapless book-carrying woman, but lately he's been distracted by this awful sound permeating the town. It's as if no matter where he goes, there's this incredibly annoying K-pop song playing on endless repeat.

    Cue collision.
    It appears that with all the effort to suppress her reiatsu, Cuerva has to get used to being mortal as well.

    "Ah!" Cuerva yelps as her heels snap and she lands on her bum. "Ow ow ow." Cuerva moans as she rubs her back. The heels are snapped, but that's fine, she wanted to break them anyway. Walking barefoot feels much better. But now, her bum hurts!

    The equally gaijin woman glares at the gaijin man, her eyes try to focus anger on him but shows more pain and helplessness than anything.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor retcon: I have removed the book, its stored somewhere else, she's not carrying it around.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cha-Cha shrugged, pouting very slightly as she grabbed one of her backup dancers. Sparkles and rose petals exploded into being around it, and a moment later the Blank was a hair brush. She began sweeping it through her hair, searching for any tangles Cassanda might have caused.

    "What's the matter, Cassy? Not happy to see me? Come on, lose the frown! We're inside and there's nobody else around, just us, and we're all friends! <3" How Cha-Cha managed to actually SAY a heart symbol will forever be a mystery.

    She smiled and struck a pose. It was... spectacular...

    "Things are moving faster now, huh? We're near the end! So why so glum? I wanted to check out the venue before the show started, and it looks great! Full house, great audience, and there's going to be so many cheers when we arrive on stage! <3"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    [Abandoned House]
    Spoiler
    Show


    Cassandra sighed to herself quietly. Odd. I don't have any memories of crimes worthy of being punished by this rainbow-haired imbecile. Cassandra thought to herself as she listened to Cha-Cha's rambling.

    "All right, here's the deal." She said after the rest had said their part. "I don't know how long you've all been here, but you all need to get yourself acclimated to the area. I need to return to the Valley and resupply myself, I've used up most of the Blanks that I brought with me. The rest of you will stay here and familiarize yourselves with the layout; important landmarks, hiding places, places where humans gather. We'll need to know all of this when we begin. But once again, do not draw attention to yourselves. If you meet with humans then be discreet, do not reveal yourselves for what you are, and do not kill anyone. Do I make myself clear?" She finished, and waited for their responses.
    The Keeper of Chronicles shrugs and nods. "That is no different from my intentions."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-23 at 05:58 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •